[OP:KE:F2] The Second Greeting

The second floor, the towering gothic style buildings. Syn smiled as she wandered around the place her hand brushing against several of the stone statues at ground level. Ducking into one of the back alleys the girl wove her way through past several shops and finally to a small garden within the safe zone. Flowers from all colours of the rainbow were in this walled city garden, a small fountain at one end opposite the ornate gate that the girl had entered through. Her mouth forming a small oval as she watched the water spouting out of the grotesque face of the gargoyle.

Following his sister into Urbus, Vyrtew couldn’t help but smile to himself. This place is one he’d want his shop when he eventually got the Earning A Living quest completed. His hand gently toying with the knife at his belt the boy finds that his sister has disappeared yet again. Rolling his eyes he makes his way to a small tea shop, entering the building he finds that the café is almost deserted save for one or two NPC patrons. Settling down he looks up as a young girl comes over to him, “What can I get you?” she asks, raising an eyebrow the boy replies. “A… A… A… Green. A Green tea please.”

Aya was lying on her bed in the Dragons Head Inn. She wanted to do something different she needed to get off the First Floor, She hadn't been to the Second floor for a while, there was a small tea shop that she enjoyed frequenting in the safe zone "I may go there today and not starlight café" Aya yawned, stretched and jumped off the bed, quickly tied her hair into two long plaits . "Floor 2 it is then." Walking down the stairs and past the Npc's that ran the Inn "Morning, no breakfast for me this morning" she smiled and left, coming out into the small alleyway that connected the Inn to Aincrad. Aya walked through the streets, as the sun rose and the city woke up, towards the town teleport. "Teleport, Floor 2,Urbus" She spoke aloud.

She appeared in the teleport in Urbus, "Now which way was it, Ah yes" Making her way to the cafe tentatively, although it was a safe zone she couldn't drop her guard.

Opening the door to the tea shop she was surprised to see Vyrtew sat the rest of the Café deserted. The Npc taking his order left in the direction of the counter top. Aya strolled over to where Vyrtew sat "Good morning, I wasn't expecting to see you here could I sit with you?" She smiled, hoping.

Edited by Aya

The quiet stillness of the fields outside of Urbus, seemed calming to the blonde as he continued his expedition through the floors. Material gathering had become such a chore with no one to toss back chit chat with. Sighing, the blonde continued to scan the perimeter for materials of worth before deciding to move onto the next floor. Rummaging through the patches of grass littering the area, Oikawa smiled as he stumbled across a peculiar metallic ore. Plucking the ingot from the ground, he began to continue to the caves in the area. One of which would lead him to the third floor.

ID: 61940 LD: 22 (13+9) [+1 Material. 1 Material Total]

Edited by Oikawa

Baldur wasn't sure what the reason was, but to him, cleaning and polishing his blade was a meditative aspect and he was glad that there was a way to exercise it within the game. Items didn't have durability that he could modify, but things like sharpening stones did exist within the game, even if they didn't have any mechanical aspect. And so it was that he found himself sitting in the lovely square just outside of a cafe with his new katana, forged by his friend and comrade Oikawa, with a rag and a whetstone polishing the lovely black and red blade.

It was definitely not the traditional katana look, but it was growing on him, and the quality of the blade far surpassed his old one. <<Susano'o>> was not the blade he had hoped would have been appraised to such a high quality, but he had to admit there was a bit of lore there that he had admired. Susano'o had given his blade to Amaterasu as part of his repentance, and the blade became one of the 3 legendary artifacts of Japan. The blade of the sword itself was notched in a strange fashion because it had been chipped on a seven headed serpent he had slain. With such a legend behind the blade, Baldur had no further issue with the name.

Taking the oiled rag, he wiped down the blade. It might just have been his imagination, but he could have sworn the polish helped the shine to the point where he could see his reflection in its onyx ha.

A familiar voice carried over to him from his right, looking up he sees Aya. “Hey, it’ll be nice to have some company.” Just as he finished greeting the girl the waitress turned up placing the green tea onto the table. “T-thanks.” He stammers, taking the cup he stands. “Shall we head outside?” Without waiting for an answer Vrytew steps around the girl moving to sit down at one of the tables outside. Looking over at the table opposite he watches a man clad in blue sharpening his blade. “Hi there, you know that’s a nice blade.” Taking a small sip from the cup at his fingertips, Vyrtew lets out a sigh of satisfaction.

Beads of rainbow shone from the water tumbling down from the gargoyle’s mouth. Sealing the parting of her lips Syn sits down onto the grass beneath her stroking her hand over the soft blades, a blissful smile on her face. “This is nice. Not having to do anything.” Her stomach let out a deep rumble. “Not so nice now.” Letting out a sigh she opens her menu up, scrolling through her friends list the girl finds the name, the opposite of hers. Hitting it she types a quick message.

Spoiler

To: Vyrtew
Subject: Fooods
Vyrtew, can you get me some food, I’m in a small garden in the back alleys on the second floor.

Thanks.

Pressing the send button, Syn closes her eyes as she lets the soft breeze wash over her, catching some of the water and gently cascading it down on her face. The smile not fading from her face as she drifts off into a slumber.

"Polishing your sword in public Baldur?"

Calrex gave a small laugh as he walked over to the samurai-themed swordsman, giving a friendly wave as he came into view of the man's field of vision. He wasn't sure himself why he was wandering around on the second floor, but nonetheless he figured to make the most of his time. Glancing upwards he gave a nod to his familiar blue peregrine falcon, Roc, "Go ahead and wander your old stomping ground for now. I'll let you know when it's time to head out."

Giving a screech of approval the bird of prey took off outside of the safe zone as the bluenette took a seat across from Baldur, "How have things been?"

“Hey, it’ll be nice to have some company.” as she was about to sit down, from behind Aya a waitress arrived with a drink for Vrytew. “T-thanks.” He stammered "Woah he has one too?!" Aya was shocked she suffered from a stammer herself from time to time but to know someone close to her had one too, She smiled at him. “Shall we head outside?” he asked "Yeah that sounds good I'll just order..." He was off outside it looked like he was talking to a man clad in blue who was sat outside the tea shop sharpening his blade. Aya ordered a Chi tea and joining Vrytew outside slumping into the chair. "What are you doing up here anyway" She inquired hoping this wasn't another annoying question.

Edited by Aya

Baldur only casually glanced up at Vyrtew to give him a brief nod acknowledging his presence before looking back down at the blade and continuing to care for it. A blade such as this demanded respect, and as it was still new to him, Baldur needed to get better acquainted with it. He had had his previous blade for almost a year. It felt sad to move on to a new blade, but the differences between the two were staggering.

"Thanks!" He said to the stranger's compliment.

When Calrex came up to him and cracked a joke, Baldur made an obscene gesture with it, then threw an amused smile at him.

"Hey Calrex, I'm doing alright. The weather setting for today just seemed so nice I couldn't resist enjoying it." He sheathed the blade and set it aside. "How about you? How is the highest leveled player in Aincrad?"

Victor had been tracing his usual path across town while he went on his personal material collection mission. The boy was on his way to floor three, when ahead of him, on his usual path, he noticed the characteristic blonde hair and manners of the Frontliner he'd taken borrowed his gear from. He shuffled his way to the player, not pausing to think that he might be disturbing the man. Victor intended on a polite greet. He also thought it might make sense to perhaps give Oikawa small updates about his progress, so that he could ease any residue doubt about returning the gear and let him know that the gear was being put to good use. Perhaps thank him again, they seemed to have gotten off on not entirely the best foot. Since he literally didn't have to go out of the way to do it, Luke thought he might as well... "Oh, hello again." He said, approaching the blonde from behind. "I thought you looked familiar, heading to the third floor too?" Vic asked jovially, while letting him know that the third floor was his destination. "Just thought I'd let you know  that I've been getting progressively better and that your light armor has done me wonders... And at this rate, you'll have it back in no time." He announced in a reassuring manner. "How have you been?" he asked, attempting to make a little small talk.

Edited by Victor

As she lay there with her eyes closed, her chest rising and falling slowly. Images began to flash through her mind. Her brother dying, a crimson blade flashing through him. Sitting up Syn lets out a huge scream. The bird that were singing around her dispersed quickly their wings beating heavily in the air. Her eyes flicking left and right as the gargoyle loomed above her.  Her hand shaking the girl opens her menu, hitting the message button she sends another one to Vyrtew. Before moving over to the corner wrapping her arms around her knees and rocking slowly back and forth.

Spoiler

To: Vyrtew
Subject: <No Subject>

Screaming reached my ears. My brow furrowed as I turned, my boots tapping on the cobblestones as I dash towards the scream. Turning the corner, a beautiful garden reveals itself to me. Colours of all shades. Flowers of all varieties show them self. In the very centre an amazingly master crafted sculpture, the wings spread out from its back as its face sneered in a fascinating manner. Sat below it almost within its open arms as if being embraced by the statue, I saw a black coat wrapped tightly around a figure with white hair.

Cautiously I stepped towards her kneeling down next to the person I placed my hand on their shoulder, the slightness of their frame revealing that it was a female. Carefully I began to speak softly, not wanting to startle the girl. “Hey, are you okay?” I started gently consoling her, “I heard you scream, what scared you?” I continued after a short pause. A small smile on my face, my left hand placed upon me knee.

His menu pinged as Aya spoke to him, “I was trying to find-“ He started to look through the messages. A bead of sweat forming on his head as the boy wiped it away and back into his hair slicking it back. “She’s in trouble.” His voice started to speed up as he spoke under his breath. “Damnit, how could I let this happen?” Shaking his head for a second the boy looks up meeting Aya’s eyes. “Aya I’m sorry, you have my tea, I’ve got to go find her.” Without waiting for a response Vyrtew disappeared into the back alley right next to the small tea shop. Running through the back streets of Urbus, footsteps echoing up the tall walls.

The hand placed on her shoulder made Syn jump with a start, her eyes flying open. Looking at the man who was knelt down next to her. Her breathing started to go erratic. “No. No. No.” She repeated over and over, even as he spoke his half naked chest gleaming in the reflected sunlight. “Hey, are you okay?” Shaking her head it was all she could do to grip her knees tighter and rock backwards and forwards. “I can’t. He can’t” was all Syn could muster, her words not completely forming as she spoke. “Why him?” Was all she asked at the end, her tear strewn face looking up into the unknown man’s eyes. “Why him?” she repeated.

“Him?” I asked after the girl looked up at me her eyes streaming with water. “Listen whatever has happened. I’m sure it’s okay.” My voice staying as calm as I could make it. My inner voices however were having their own grand slam tennis match. “Him? Has she lost someone? Did they die?” Gently I stood up and looked down at the girl. “Listen there’s a small café not too far from here.” Offering her my hand I continued to speak, “If someone dear to you died I’m sorry.” I could feel a stinging sensation starting to prickle at my eyes. “Oh are you really going to -cry- in front of a little girl.” My inner dialogue tormented me. Swallowing I reached for her hand, “Come on, it’ll be okay. I promise.”  

"Heh, well that accolade only means so much. Plus Takao is certainly catching up to me, so I don't know how long I'll be able to say that."

Resting his arms on his legs he took a look at Baldur's handiwork. Of course sharpening and polishing one's sword in the game doesn't really do much in terms of the actual mechanics of the weapon, but it certainly seemed to do a lot for the appearance of the blade. It seemed to shine with an inner brilliance that couldn't be replicated in any smith shop he had seem so far.

"Remind me to see if you can take a whack at my sword sometime. You've gotten that down to an art."

Baldur smirked at Calrex as he mentioned not being able to say that he's at the top for much longer.

"I imagine it's a bit lonely at the peak. After the two of you, there are only a handful of people anywhere close to your range. The leveling seems to go so slow where I'm at... I'm sure you must feel the same though."

Baldur admired the onyx colored katana before setting it aside, and then laughed at Calrex's comment about taking a whack at his sword.

"It's something I used to to a lot of in the real world. It was always surprisingly soothing. At least in game I can't make anything worse like I could in the real world. It took a long time to learn how to do everything properly and not mess up the grain of the sword... and to not poison myself."

ID: 62148 LD: 27 (18+9) [+1 Material. 2 Materials Total]

A sudden voice caused the young blonde to raise an eyebrow as another player approached him. Though the voice seemed familiar, he couldn't place a name until the brunette male came into view. Offering a short nod, Oikawa responded with a hello and a wave. Turning to Victor, Oikawa listened as he spoke of his training as well as inquiring if Oikawa was also planning to head to the next floor. Shaking his head in agreement, Oikawa chuckled before continuing. "Aye I will be heading to the next floor soon enough. As for your progress, that's good to hear. I'd hate to see your name become crossed out on the Monument of Life especially while donning armor I'd given you." Turning back to cluster of rocks he had been examining, he searched for another material while answering the player's question. "I've been fine I suppose, could be worse so no complaints. Yourself? Aside from training obviously."

Vyrtew menu pinged “She’s in trouble.” "Someone's in trouble," Aya worried internally. Everything then moved very quickly “Dammit, how could I let this happen?” Vyrtew spoke quickly under his breath "Aya I’m sorry, you have my tea, I’ve got to go find her.” He was off Aya had seconds to move, she had made her decision she pulled a face leaving the tea on the table catching a gimps of Vyrtew disappearing into the back alley right next to the small tea shop. Aya was following and quickly caught up to him in the back streets of Urbus their footsteps echoing along the alleyways. "I'm coming too" she managed to breath out as she kept pace with the boy.