[PP:NK:F1] Becoming a Tailor <Earning A Living>

The curved blade of my wakizashi tapped my leg from within its sheathe as I strode along a row of merchants within Starting City. Pausing now and again to look at various wares I pursed my lips now and then. “Is there anything I could use… Or afford.” Grimacing slightly at the thoughts that plagued me, I shook my head trying to escape them. “You know, I’m can’t quite afford this, how abou-“ The NPC cut me off, snatching the item out of my hands. “No, if you can’t afford it. No deal. I don’t bend my prices.” My eyes flickered to the piece of armour in his hands before I sighed turning away.

Walking through the merchant’s street I came out by the central plaza of the Town of Beginnings, seeing the archway that lead to the Monument of Life I start to walk towards it my mind going haywire. “Look who’s being morbid. Do you think he’s planning on bumping some people off.” Raising a hand I strike my temple with the palm shaking my head, the words that echo inside finally calming down for now. “So this is the Monument…” Walking around the room I start to read some names that had been crossed off. “Rue, KazuAnaka, Daeron by suicide. That’s a shame.” The number of players killed by other players caught my eye raising my eye brow I looked around trying to see if there were any other players nearby.

Edited by Shinzoku

Aya was sat on a high wall overlooking the monument of life She had been reading her book however now it rested in her lap and she was watching players, npc's come and go catching a gimps of life in the starting city. It was a glorious day a heat haze could be seen, just then Aya spotted coming out from the merchant streets a tall male player with long dark hair caught her eye Aya could tell the looks on his face it was the faces she had caught herself pulling in the reflection on the window of the Starlight Café when she was wrestling with her internal thoughts. As he entered the monument Aya could hear him speaking "but to whom?" She pondered, curiosity got the better of her, selecting the book to go to her menu she jumped down off the wall and slowly followed to where the man was, but still keeping a small amount of distance."Rue, KazuAnaka, Daeron by suicide. That’s a shame.” Aya stepped into the doorway she could see him standing reading the inscriptions raising his eye brow. He then turned "Oops Caught"Her internal monologue rebuked. "Hi, I'm Aya who are you" She managed to say slowly but with a notable stammer. 

As I turned I spotted a girl falling from a wall, her landing was flawless. I couldn’t fault it. My eyes met hers as she stepped into the doorway. Her voice carried over to me, the words disjointed, uncontained. Offering the purple haired girl my hand I give a friendly smile to her. “My name’s Shinzoku, pleasure to meet you Aya.” Taking a few steps back, I hook my thumbs into the waistband of my hakama “What brings you around here?” I ask, “For myself I’m looking at starting my own Earning a Living quest.” Glancing down to my own blade I let my hand fall next to it. Running my fingers along the sheathed edge of the wakizashi at my hip.

I meet the girl’s eyes again. “Have you done much fighting in this game before?” I enquire, a brief expression pain crosses my face as several thoughts fire off inside my head. “Are you sure she wants you to ask these questions? You’ve just met her aren’t you pushing her too quickly? Fighting, alongside a stranger as if?!” I swallow, my eyes closing for a moment as I take a deep breath and then out again. “Sorry, I don’t mean to presume. You seemed to know how to handle yourself within the game Aya.” Nodding my head I turn to leave through the door. “If you would be so kind, your company would be much appreciated to help me gather some materials for the quest.” With that final statement I depart, making my way through the winding streets towards the gates of the Town of Beginnings.

My name’s Shinzoku, pleasure to meet you Aya.” Aya could feel heat in her cheeks, as he smiled and stepped back hooking his thumbs into the waistband of his Hakama What brings you around here?” he continued For myself I’m looking at starting my own Earning a Living quest.” “I need to get onto that myself “ she thought. Have you done much fighting in this game before?” A pained expression flew across his face again Aya considered if his internal monologue was as proactive as her own. He swallowed and his eyes closed for a moment before exhaling heavily. Sorry, I don’t mean to presume. You seemed to know how to handle yourself within the game Aya.” She didn't have time to respond before he nodded and turned to leave through the door. "No don't go" she panicked. If you would be so kind, your company would be much appreciated to help me gather some materials for the quest.” he departed heading in the direction of the town gate. Aya followed. “What to say, I've never fought more supported those who have, be honest” she was battling with her own thoughts, taking a deep breath she finally replied. “Truth is “ she said catching up to the man who was rather taller than herself and could walk considerably quicker than her. “I've not fought in this game, I support people in any way I can, and I would love to join you as long as you don't mind me joining you, I promise I won't be a liability, I want to get into fightingShe came up for air smiling at him as they walked to the gate.

X sat leaning against the monument playing his guitar and letting his familiar run around and bark here and there at npcs as he played a sort of tribute to the fallen who he has known many of. The tune on the guitar now began to fill the air around the monument accompanied by X's singing of course the song seemed to pass through you in a sort of way that the vibrations of sound could be felt coming from inside yourself.

"... A little drink was all it took, to make my girl finally catch the hook"  After my song I could hear two players discuss taking the earning a living quest, after a few moments I laughed to myself thinking about how ironic it is now that my guild disbanded long ago, I am now helping more lower leveled players than ever... As I got up and walked over I gently rubbed with two fingers Sasha's crossed out player Tag and then followed it up by softly touching my wrapped knuckles against it.... So you're taking an earning a living quest?.... Hmmm yeah I'm in why not?... Names X if you didn't already know.

Nodding my head along to the girl’s comments, I flashed a small smile at her as she decided to join me. “I’ve not fought before myself so perhaps we can work this out together.” I say to her as we arrive at the gates. Upon hearing a voice calling out behind us, I turn. Before me I see a boy with black hair and a golden head band, grinning at us. “X.” I say bowing my head to him. “I’m Shinzoku, pleasure.” Holding my hand out to the boy I turn taking a breath. “Right, let’s do this. Aya, stay behind me okay?”

I breath slowly as I draw the wakizashi at my hip, walking forwards I roll my wrist finding my target. My eyes lock on to a boar. Its eyes meet mine I can feel the blood flowing through my veins. It was as if I was sparring again. A breath sigh a run forwards flicking my wrist bringing my blade to the boar. However I was too slow and the tusks of the beast block my weapon. A loud chink came from them and I circled the boar keeping the blade ready to defend myself. Waving with one hand to Aya.

ID: 62366
BD: 3 - Missed
CD: 3

LD:  5
MD: 2 – Missed

Shinzoku – 8/8 Health 0/2 Energy
Aya - ????
X - ????

Boar – 4/4 Health – 3 Damage – 2 MIT

Edited by Shinzoku

Hearing the chatter of voices, Oikawa's gaze was brought towards the ruckus that seemed to emit from an area not to far from where he was gathering materials for his shop. Deciding to inspect the sounds, his short trip brought him to the company of a few lower level players and the familiar strums of a guitar he had come to hate. X is here and surrounded by unsuspecting lasses no less. To intervene or to remain quiet?. Given my crystal color, hanging back may be for the better, but I should keep an eye on X nonetheless. With him, shenanigans are bound to happen. Opting to remain hidden, the blonde continued to search for materials while simultaneously keeping an eye on the Performer and his dog.

Stealth Rating: 11

ID: 62368 LD: 27 (18+9) [1 Material Found. 1 Material Total.]

OOC: Sorry, I missed this one. I knew I was missing a thread.

Wandering though the 1st of Aincrad, the wanderer scoured the fields in search for materials, when he heard fight and chatter some distance away. Intrigued, the wanderer stealthy crept closer to see who they could be. Perhaps some low level maybe. Who knows.

Wanderer ever closer, the quickly spots two low levels and a person who quickly reminded him of a woman the wanderer didn't want on his mind. A past he wanted forgotten, but it seems other players around him doesn't want him to forget. Frustrated, he crept closer, keeping an eye on the boy, seeing what he will do.

Upon a closer look in the area, he spots an orange crystal not far away from the small group of players. Curious on what a PKer might be doing around this group, the wanderer quickly grabs hold of Bakuzan and crept closer to the group. jumping from tree to tree, bush to bush.

Stealth Rating :11

ID# 62571 results: Loot: 14 (12+2) | Oikawa Spotted

Edited by Rain

When I realised Aya and X weren’t going to be joining in this fight a let out a low sigh. “Right then.” I muttered under my breath. “It’s because they want you to die.” Looking up at the boar as it ground its hoof into the ground preparing to charge I pointed my wakizashi at the creature. A movement caught my eye and I say a white haired boy moving in the forest, the trees swaying more than the normally do. “What now?” I said out loud before having to parry the blow from the Boar. As I locked my blade to its tusks I pushed the slim steel blade away before stepping back.

Glancing over towards rain I spot the boy looking intently at the other side of the group, following his eye sight I see the orange crystals and a blonde haired person beneath it. “People hiding around us… This isn’t good… Perhaps they led us into a trap?” My eyes flicked to Aya, shaking my head before my eyes laid on X. “He probably…” Smiling I talk to X in a voice loud enough for it to carry across. “So, how are your assistants X? Are they well prepared for the trap you have led us into?”

ID: 62708
BD: 3 - Missed
CD: 2

LD:  15 – (Oikawa and Rain Spotted)
MD: 5 - Missed

Shinzoku – 8/8 Health 0/2 Energy
Aya - ????
X - ????

Boar – 4/4 Health – 3 Damage – 2 MIT

Edited by Shinzoku

ID: 62821 BD:10!

Maruchan began barking hysterically at the sight of Oikawa as if saying "found him! found him!" however his find was not acknowledged before Shinnzoku found him first. X already trained his eyes on the location of the blonde sneaking around like a snake in the grass. The pup then of course realized he was wasting precious tail chasing time and decided it would be in his best interest to continue the great chase, and so he did.

Hey blondey! Hold still!...

X then began running and running, not long breaking into his top speed sprint letting the martial arts skill glow fully red around his right leg. Just as he reached the boar a full power kick sent it flying right for Oikawa's position while the hog squealed so loud it filled up the whole forest. After its very brief flight the boar exploded into millions of blue polygons against a tree just slightly above Oikawa's head.

Damn... I missed...

Boar: -3/4 *dead boi

X: 16/17 energy 68/68 health.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

While he knew his presence would've been revealed soon enough, he didn't expect to receive as much attention as he had seemed to garner. As the player fighting the boar called out his hiding spot, the blonde made a mental note of the figure that seemed to have been tailing him when he arrived. Sighing, he stepped from the shade of the trees and out into the open. As he did, a boar came careening through the air, crashing and shattering into the tree above him. Unfazed, he brushed his now wind-whipped hair from his face and glared at the source of the flying pig. At the end of the arc was X. Of course, thought the blonde as he adjusted his pea coat.

Addressing the player who had called him out, he spoke. "I mean no harm, was just observing. And furthermore, I will not be associated with the brunette and his mutt. There once was a time where I tolerated his taunts and antics, but no more. Alas I will be on my way. Though be wary of him, he has a tendency to cause unnecessary ruckus. Best of luck to you and your training."

With that, Oikawa turned to leave. He had more pressing matters to attend to.

ID: 62867 LD: 28 (19+9) [1 Material Found. 2 Materials Total.]

After seeing the orange player step out, he quickly realize just who that was. It was the father of his blade. The blacksmith who forge, his black steel katana, Bakuzan. He's never taken notice of Oikawa's status before, and judging from how he ran his shop, the wanderer felt no ill intent coming from the smith. Why he was orange, he wasn't sure, but it's another story to come at another time.

Slowly walking from out of the shadows, the wanderer barges in with his words. "Don't put me together with that songster and his pup. I saw the orange player and crept closer in case things got out of hand." The wanderer spoke continuously. It was odd. He often speaks in few words, yet this time, he's spoken many. It must be cause the situation called for it. "Don't worry about me though..." The wanderer began to tinker with his HUD, and soon he became enveloped in a light. Moments later, a white cloak with a red trim sat upon his shoulders. A red cross like symbol displayed at the back of the cloak. "I'm a Knights of the Blood Oath recruit. PKing is farthest from our minds."

Edited by Rain

ID: 63290 Loot roll: 7

Aya smiled back this was her chance to actually make it out of starting city and not just to gather mats this time, now her trips to the forest could possibly be more productive. 
On arriving at the city gates Shinzoku turned greeting a boy with black hair, X. "Right, let’s do this. Aya, stay behind me okay?” Aya gripped the hilt of her long sword preparing herself "ready" 

Shinzoku flashed a smile at her “I’ve not fought before myself so perhaps we can work this out together.”
He locked his eyes on the boar, running forwards flicking his wrist bringing the blade to the boar. Aya couldn't move fear had glued her to the spot, it was at that moment she realised, her senses had picked up other people around them her brow furrowed "this is a trap you've been lead into a trap!" her internal monologue screamed. her knuckles turning white form gripping the sword so tight.
There was a clash of boar tusk on weapon Aya turned it looked like Shinzoku was in trouble, he was waving to her for help but she didn't know what to do. "Do Something!"

X Sprinted towards the animal his right leg glowing he reached the boar, a full power kick sent it flying in the position of where Aya had sensed someone was hiding but she couldn't make them out. Then her concerns were affirmed as the player stepped out, his crystal was orange. The beast meanwhile squealed so loud it filled up the whole forest suddenly the boar exploded into millions of blue polygons against a tree just slightly above the orange player's head.
Aya could only look between him and and Shinzoku words had failed her how could she explain, she felt so guilty for failing. 

The player spoke "I mean no harm, was just observing. And furthermore, I will not be associated with the brunette and his mutt. There once was a time where I tolerated his taunts and antics, but no more. Alas I will be on my way. Though be wary of him, he has a tendency to cause unnecessary ruckus. Best of luck to you and your training."
And he left. 

Then slowly walking from out of the shadows in the direction of where Aya had sensed someone, another player this time his crystal was green. "Don't put me together with that songster and his pup. I saw the orange player and crept closer in case things got out of hand." Aya didn't know where to look who to look at she felt ashamed the situation had got the better of her. "Don't worry about me though..." Aya stared towards him he was doing something with what looked like his HUD. then he was enveloped in a light. Moments later, a white cloak with a red trim was sitting on his shoulders. "I'm a Knights of the Blood Oath recruit. PKing is farthest from our minds." "I have no idea what that is but I feel a lot better" 
Aya turned to Shinzoku "I'm sorry I froze, I thought like you that this was a trap and I didn't know what to do." 

Edited by Aya
  • 2 weeks later...

A boar being kicked. A player killer. What was going on? I couldn’t understand, my eyes wide as I let out a heavy sigh. “Whatever you need to do, whatever trouble you lot have in between you. Keep it away from me.” Turning my clothing swaying in the soft breeze that gently glided past. “You should kill them.” I stood still.

Turning to the blonde haired boy, “A Knight of the Blood Oath? I’ve not been paying much attention to the politics of Aincrad boy, tell me. What kind of guild is it?” The cloak that appeared on his shoulders, it was military in style. I shuddered. “Come on now, don’t take your time tell me.” My eyes flicked sideways to Aya “I wonder, can she fight at all? Does she have a spine?” Turning I nodded at her, my face not betraying my thoughts, “It’s okay, once I have my answer I will find a trainer to teach me the art of a tailor before I go on my way.”

Baldur saw several familiar faces and approached the small gathering just in time to hear Rain's statement.

"Rain! I didn't know you were a Blood recruit! Congratulations!" He clapped the white haired boy on the shoulder in a friendly and jovial way.

He looked at the others in the small group who were ignorant about the nights.

"They're a pretty good crew. They can be a bit severe, and at times more well intentioned than thoughtful, but they're also the most powerful guild in Aincrad currently, and Mack, their field commander, is a pretty good guy."

Glancing over in the direction of a new voice I raised a hand to the new comer. “The currently the most powerful?” I replied, “How long have they been in power then?” I paused waiting my hair tied at the back swaying in the gentle breeze. "Who were the guilds that reigned before them?"

Walking over to the man clad in blue I offered him a hand, “Shinzoku, pleasure to meet you.” I paused waiting for his name in reply before glancing back at Aya, “If you excuse me now I need to find a tailoring trainer and soon before night falls, you wouldn’t be able to point me in the direction of one would you?” I  queried, "They'll hate you." shuddering I quickly glanced back over to Rain noddingat him, “My deepest regrets for the accusation earlier Rain.”

The wanderer still felt on edge with the situation. He saw still ready to draw his blade at a moments notice if the orange player were to come again. The songster and his pup didn't give him anymore reason to feel at ease. But if it wasn't for Baldur to show up randomly, this situation would spiral farther down a path that the wanderer tries to stray away from. As he slowly eased up a bit he calmly gave the woman the advice she was looking for. "There's a Master Tailor on the 11th floor named Ariel. She's one of the best Tailors - I'd say - in Aincrad, but she might be too busy to take on a protégé." Seeing the orange player walk away, the wanderer slowly stepped back into the shadows and went back his business as to hunting for more materials. "If you guys are fine here... Then I'll get back to my business..." As says as he walked away.

After a few step of walking from the group, the wanderer had forgotten to thank Baldur for easing the situation. He quickly swiped his finger in the air and sent him a message.

To Baldur

Thanks for the save back there. That situation was kind of getting volatile.

- Rain

“The eleventh floor?” I nodded at Rain “Thank you, although I don’t think a player will be able to give me the quest to become a tailor myself.” I turned waving at Aya, “I’ll catch you soon, here.” I opened my menu sending the purple haired girl a friend request. “If you ever need to get a hold of me, please message.” Nodding to the samurai I spoke a few words before departing. "It'd be a pleasure to talk to you some more, would you be around for a discussion over some coffee perhaps?"

Following the rugged path back to the Town of Beginnings I enter the familiar safe zone, as I walk towards a shop I spot a tailors not far away. My slow meander turned to a meaningful pace. Upon entering the shop I call out, “Hello anyone there?” A reply echos from the back “Hello! I’ll just be a second.” The falling of boxes could be heard I dashed towards the back my arm catching the box as it was about to fall on someone’s head. “Are you okay?” I asked my eyes looking at the shopkeeper’s “She probably didn’t need any help, idiot.” The woman replied, nodding, “I’m fine, thank you for that. So what can I do for you?”  Swallowing as I felt the butterflies in my stomach start a circus performance I replied to her, "I wished to become a tailor and thought that your expertise may be able to help."

Baldur took Shinzoku's hand when it was offered and shook it firmly, but not too strong. "I am called Baldur. Nice to meet you." Shortly after that, the man had asked about directions to get to the tailor trainer and Rain began to depart as well.

"Sayonara, Rain-kun." Baldur offered with a wave.

He looked around at the others, and they all seemed to be busy, so Baldur offered everyone a smile and a nod before making his way towards his shop.

The NPC looked at me and nodded, “Certainly. Here let me show you.” For the next several hours I was shown by the NPC how to cut fabric, hem the edges work it so that it’d be thicker. My hands were pricked constantly by needles to start with. Gasping each time I shook my hand, after the first couple of hours however I seemed to do much better, being able to make a small plushie correctly. My tutor looked at me nodding, “Good, now you just need to practise.” Handing me a small bag of materials I was ushered from the shop, walking slowly I found an Inn. My mouth opened slightly as I sounded the words out, “Hogsback Inn.” Smirking I step inside and order a room for the night, sending a message to Aya.

“I’m in the Hogsback Inn within the Town of Beginnings.”

I hit send. Before sitting at the table that was provided with my room. My hands together as I was lost within thought.