[PP-F17] To Form Our Own Pantheon? (Calrex & Teayre)

Light bent and reflected off the cold metal of Orochi, the rapier the blonde currently donned on floors like the seventeenth. His hand quickly glided across the steel as he polished it from one end to the next. Today would be the day, The day he had hinted at many times before but never put any actual effort into completing the idea he, no Calrex, had proposed so long ago. Once his own reflection could be seen in the metal, he stopped to pull up the messenger. Selecting two recipients, the two that had been with him since the earliest of days here in Aincrad, he rattled off a quick message to them both. Requesting their presence, he would wait outside the gate of Spartaia for them.

Upon receiving a message from Oikawa to meet him on the latest floor Calrex gave a small sigh as he walked over to the nearest teleporation circle, swiping on his menu to select the highest floor unlocked, the seventeenth, "Come to think of it. I have yet to actually go to the latest floor. I wonder if there's anything interesting up there."

"Probably nothing that will keep me entertained..."

As the foreign thought entered his mind the bluenette's eyes widened as he covered his face with a hand for a second, "Tch...still trying to creep thoughts huh? I wonder if Tristan had this much trouble when he had it..."

Composing himself he pressed the activate the circle, teleporting to the settlement of Spartaia. Quickly weaving through the streets Calrex pulled up his friend tracker, locking on to the blonde's current location on the floor as he made his way to the gate.

Seeing his friend come into view he gave a casual wave before returning his hands to his jacket pockets, "Hey Oikawa. Guess we've got one more right?"

“Oikawa.”  Teayre muttered as a message came up in front of the girl. “So, he wants to meet both of us at the same time. He’s going to be a thirdwheel again.” Smirking to herself, she begins making her way to the latest floor. As she emerged onto her coat giving the impression that she carried the essence of fire with her. Teayre ran her finger along the hilt of the muramasa. Looking up ahead the girl spotted both the aquamarine and the citrine players. She couldn’t help but raise a hand to her head gently touching her nose. It was the first place that Calrex had kissed her.

“Why do I care?” Flicking her hair over her should the red head walks over to the duo. “Cal, Oikawa.” She says quickly nodding at both of them. Her eyes met her husbands and she looked away. “He’s probably going to bring the whole boss fight thing up… It’s stupid.” Her grimace betrayed her thoughts as Teayre settled down on the ground next to the two. “So, what’s going on?”

"Oi, Cal" responded the blonde as the Ultramarine Knight waltzed into view. Returning his wave, he fixed himself to respond when suddenly a head of crimson bobbled into view next. "Well. there's our plus one," chuckled Oikawa as Teayre offered the two males brief hellos. "To answer your question Teardrop, today I'd like to put aside all issues we've had the last few months and for once just focus on our future. I can smell the tension between you two so whatever it is, either speak on it now of forever hold your peace. Despite you hating the term Tea, I consider you both family and anything we are struggling with we can handle together. That being said, Cal I think it's time we make SC official. But for that to happen I need you both on board."

Upon hearing the blonde speak Calrex felt a small smirk come to his face. Ever since the three of them were first starting out in SAO, they seemed to share a strong connection, one that he swore made them be able to read each other like books. Giving a small sigh he shifted his position so that the three formed an equal triangle, "Well, you've certainly seen to the heart of things huh? Heh, alright then, you're right Oikawa, it would be better to get these things settled, out in the open, before we decide to form the coalition officially. Any problems we have beforehand need to be settled, or else it may influence our decisions while in the guild."

He gave a small sigh before letting his hands rest at his sides, "You're right that recent events have certainly been wearing them on me. You weren't present for the last battle, but Manta and Ebony were killed in it. With that we've lost two more frontliners, and it seems that things are only going to get worse if we don't do something about it."

His eyes moved between both people standing before him, his look of worry coming over his face for a second as he saw his wife avoiding his glance, "I'm not going to put her on the spot about this. But those words are still going to worry me until she finally says something about it. It's like they say, you can't help a person until they realize it's a problem."

Looking down at his right fist he moved on in the meantime, "The second thing...is something I've recently been battling with. I'm not sure what it is, but I think Dom might have hinted at it the last time he and I went through a dungeon. I have a suspicion...that the unique skills have some influence on their user's psyche. Just recently, I swear that there's been another voice in my head, one that has the boisterous confidence of the Greek warrior the Achilles skill is named after. Right now it's little thoughts in the back of my mind, but I'm pretty sure it's going to try and take over me eventually."

“You’re not wrong Oikawa, I used to hate the term. Now though, I’ve gone past most of it. You know I had a guild for a little while. But then you were busy with your azure pride.” Her lips twitching at the corners at the jibe, “In all honesty you are family though. Regardless.” Her hand sketched a design over her blade. “You know, I might get you to forge me a new katana soon. Maybe when I get a familiar again…” She said absent minded. “It depends who we accept as part of SC. You’ve got the Citrine Badge Oikawa, Calrex Ultramarine and myself Scarlet.”

“Heh.” Teayre give a small laugh as her husband mentioned the names, “Serves her right. I’ve been good as you asked anyway I’ve stayed holed up in my shop.” Looking up at the sky Teayre gives a sigh leaning back on her hands. “Regardless, what do you two want to do with Spectrum. I’ll make the badges if you’d still like me to.” Reaching up the girl begins to play with the badge that she’d fastened into a hair clip.

Resting a hand on Calrex's shoulder, the blonde gave it a slight squeeze as he attempted to speak words of empathy but rather fabricate a response he just spoke of the way he would handle it. "I imagine, the more you put into it, the more it'll try to consume you if such a thing is really prevalent. As such, you will need to show more control than ever before. I watched Berserker slowly consume Ssendom and it wasn't pretty. However, the notion that all the uniques seem to alter the minds of players seem dependent on the player as Zelrius never showed any signs of such mind issues and from what I could tell with Tristan he was fine donning the gear before you. So I must ask, is this something like the Cold Persona you harbor or something more?"

"Nonetheless, as Teayre said we're family. And if I really had my choice, the late Azide would be my sure fire choice for an addition but given his life being stripped from this world at the expense of a boss fight, we are left with very few other candidates. I do however propose Baldur to be one of those we keep an eye out for. He has been a long time friend for both Calrex and myself."

Clearing his throat he gestured to Calrex. "As for the goals of SC, I believe big blue here explains it best. Calrex?"

Calrex listened calmly to Teayre's response to his statements. Of course he already knew what had happened, that she was the one who killed Manta and Ebony during the battle, but the fact she was not owning up to it did give him some concern, "Maybe I'll need to see if I can talk to her about it some other time..."

Feeling Oikawa's hand on his shoulder the bluenette gave a nod, "Heh, I wish that I could refrain from strengthening it, but I have no dobut in my mind that we no longer have that kind of luxury. Tristan may not have felt Achille's influence before, but there is the chance that it could have been mistaken for guild pride. He never came off as boisterous, but then again I don't believe he ever grandmastered the skill."

With a small sigh he put his hands into his pockets, "Right now it's at best a voice in the back of my mind, nothing really more than that. It hasn't tried to take over me, or develop another side of myself like the cold persona. I'll be sure to try and keep it under control, but I'm count on you two to let me know if you sense it slipping through."

With Oikawa's change of subject Calrex dismissed the rest of his thoughts on Achilles, giving a nod, "As Azide was welcome into Amethyst Descent in the past, he would have been a suitable addition to the coalition. Unfortunately, it seems we might have waited too long. Baldur is another associate that I've known from back when we were all much lower level, and another person that I would consider trustworthy. The last would be Takao, personally. I've been on many travels with him in the past, going through sub-dungeons and the like. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. As for our goals...heh."

Gathering his breath he continued, "As I said before when we first formed this organization, our main purpose is the same as everyone else's, whether they accept it or not. To escape this game and make it back to the real world. However, our guild is not one that is determined by strength, not by bonds. It is both and more. I think that this community needs to be reminded that it's not strength pooled into a single squadron focused on floor clearing, a group that enforces honor and a noble viewpoint, or even a smaller guild resembling a family. It's all these things and more. I think Azide was on the right track with Square One, where it was a guild that took in those that were just starting and helped to bring them up in strength. However, it wasn't to funnel them to the frontlines like some kind of bootcamp, but to help them survive and thrive in this world."

Clenching his right hand into a fist he gave a smirk, "What better way to get back at the man who trapped us here, than to thrive in this world while beating down every challenge he can throw at us?"

“Baldur? I don’t believe I’ve met him.” Teayre said quickly, pausing for a moment her expression softened slightly, “Is he that Samurai wannabe?” Her hand gently gripping the hilt of her muramasa as her husband began his lengthy explanation.

“Draw me.”

Her hand tightened as she gripped the blade’s hilt. “Last would be Takao” Raising her free hand Teayre interrupts Calrex before he continues on about what the Spectrum Coalition is. “I once was training with him, and he abandoned me in the middle of training. Back when the twelfth floor was one of the harder ones. However, considering what I’ve seen of him. He does have a good head on his shoulders.”

Finally, Teayre let her husband speak, “You’re right. That’s a good way to get back him Caln- Calrex. I agree with both yourself and Kawi-kun.” Turning to Oikawa, the crimson maiden asks the blonde something. “What do you think of Syn and Vyrtew, Kawi? I understand they’re low level, however they both have their hearts in the right place.” Pausing for a moment Teayre mutters something very quietly under her breath, “Even if I do want to kill him sometimes.” Her voice returning to its normal level she continues, “One’s a cook and ones an alchemist so in terms of buffs they’re both useful. That being said, Vyrtew is annoying. I mean he’s not as annoying as X, but still.”

"Well surmised Cal," complimented the blonde as the bluenette concluded what the rapier failed to word . "As long as we stick to what you have laid out, I see us rivaling S1 just as quickly as it came and went. Plus I feel like it pays homage to our friend and comrade, Azide." Turning to Teayre as she poked the smith for his opinion on a few players he had recently become associated with. "As for the twins, they are... a piece of work hehe. Syn, the sister I believe, is too reserved. She's rather quiet and not as self motivated as I would like out of someone yearning to exit this digital prison. As for Vyrtew, his attitude will get him killed if he doesn't keep it in check. That being said, I'm not completely opposed to bringing them in but I'd also like to reiterate that we aren't a babysitting service. Given our current status as player killers, we don't need to be jumping into problems those two seem to always find themselves in. But ultimately if you and big blue here don't mind, I don't either."

Calrex gave a nod as he listened to both Teayre and Oikawa voice their takes on potential candidates. The twins they were referring two he had seen maybe once or twice at best, so he had yet to get a decent read compared to the two people in front of him, "Since I haven't really interacted with them much I really can only go off of what you two have experienced. If you feel they would be capable members for the guild then I'm in support. If you feel like they still have some growing up to do, then we can always keep an eye on them to see if they become suitable later on."

Putting his hands into his pockets the bluenette relaxed his stance as he gave a small sigh, "Personally I still would rather not see people as tools. As Teayre said, they may be a cook and an alchemist, but if all that we see them as are their professions, then I would rather hold off. This isn't going to be a guild where people are seen less or more by level difference. Everyone has talents that they can bring the the table if one has the open mind and patience to see it."

• 2 weeks later...

Teayre sat down, her blade resting on her shoulder. “You both have a point. They are a handful to be honest I don't know if I would trust them.” Pausing for a moment the red head flicked her hair over her shoulder. “I've got an arrangement with them at the moment, perhaps we can use that for the benefit of spectrum, see how they grow, see how they develop and invite them into the fold so to speak later on.”

Letting her voice die off Teayre grips the hilt of her katana. The trudging of boots could be heard crunching from inside of Spartaia coming towards them. Turning her head the girl sees several scantily clad men with long red capes come out of the city. “Well wouldn't you know.” she mutters. Shaking her head she turns back to the duo she is with. “So. The long and short of this. It'll be Calrex, Oikawa, Baldur, Takao and myself to start with?” Teayre nods slowly. “I can live with that. Thinking more about it if both of you trust them. Then I have no problems, however one condition I have. They do -not- tell me what to do.”

• 3 weeks later...

Chuckling, the blonde looked to Teayre as she finished the details of her single condition. "To be fair, not even we tell you what to do Tea. I would imagine Takao wouldn't be bothered though I'm not sure he would even join in the first place not that I wouldn't ask to be sure. As for Baldur, he's rather reserved and at worst it'll take him sometime to get over your crystal. That being said, I'm for the the five us mentioned to start the guild, as for the twins, Syn and Vyrtew, I say we hold off on them for now. We should let them get some more experience under their belt."

Taking a step back and exhausting a sigh, the blonde looked to his companions and chuckled. "Hmm another guild. Should we even truly be doing this after all the trials we went through with previous ones? Will it last?" Pessimism wasn't the point of his inquiries, but rather genuine curiosity given their knack for being in guilds and them suddenly disbanding off the most trivial of things. He didn't want to incite the cycle once more. "Ignore my babble. Lets see if Baldur would be on board? I know he already said he'd join me but I ant him to be one hundred percent committed to it if we invite him. What say you guys?"

Calrex gave a smirk and a nod to add to Oikawa's response to Teayre's request. If he were honest, the blonde's statement was more true than he wished it to be. He had known Teayre for quite some time now, and if it was one thing that the young woman seemed to not do the most, it was listen to others. He didn't see it in a negative light, but of course it did raise some concern for him, since it was possible to be too rooted, too stubborn that nothing can budge you. "I would expect anyone to be ordering anyone else around. If it's one thing I'd like to avoid, it would be a chain of command or some form of hierarchy. We're all equals here, so no one should be a commanding officer over another."

Listening to Oikawa spek his questions the bluenette gave a nod, "I will say that there will always be the possibility that this guild we have planned may fall apart for various reasons, be it internal or external sabotage or just overall lack of interest. However, I would prefer, even if the guild dies out, that we set a better example than the most recent ones have set in the past. Mechanically they were guilds yes, but whatever ideals they may have held high I can't help but question from time to time. With that though, know that no matter what happens, be it with or without the Spectrum Coalition, you two will always be my closest comrades here. We've been together ever since we first started fighting in this game, and I don't wish to see that extinguished."

• 3 weeks later...

Inclining her head to Oikawa and Calrex, Teayre smiles. “Even with all the previous activities of the other guilds, or former guilds. The Spectrum Coalition isn’t a guild in itself is it?” The red head paused for a while, “Despite all that’s happened we will be standing together. We are -more- than a guild. How long have we three been together nearly a year and eight months by my reckoning. We have survived this long. The coalition.” Teayre paused pressing her knuckles to her forehead. “No, we are stronger together even though I don’t like to admit it.” Looking at her husband, her eyes bored into his. Slowly she stood up her blade sheathed, the knuckles of her left hand, white around the saya. “Calrex. We -are- the Spectrum Coalition. We work together to get through Aincrad. Despite all that’s happened, if there’s one thing I will stay true to. It’s us.” Her gaze shifts to Oikawa for a moment. Pausing Teayre then closes her eyes and counts to ten audibly, before opening them again. “I have another request, let me meet with Baldur first. Let me understand him. Then if I like him, I’ll give him his badge. I’ve prepared an azure one for him. To honour him from the time of the original Brigade.

"You both have and hopefully will always be there for me, and for that I can't thank either of you enough. That said, I wish to extend Baldur that same hospitality so I'm all for Teayre meeting with him first before we officially decide to induct him. Calrex, you don't mind either I would assume?" Though he left the question to linger, he assumed the bluenette would have zero qualms with the request.

Sighing, he tossed his head back and examined the skies. The Coalition was finally coming together and even better it would be with people he could not only trust but rely on as well. He had only ever been in one other guild that gave him that same sense of security. Square One, a guild whose ideals and family-like depiction proved to hold them strong. However, that strength was all tied to one person and when he went MIA, the guild subsequently fell. He hasn't heard from most of those comrades in months. That would not be the case with the Spectrum Coalition.

Listening to both his closest comrades speak Calrex gave a nod. It was true that the Spectrum Coalition as an idea has existed ever since the trio formed it unofficially back when he was around half of his current level. He had formed it on the basis that they weren't a guild united simply because they added their names to a roster. Even with his wife's eyes bearing down on him he gave a calm smile and nod back, "Of course. The Spectrum Coalition will live on no matter what happens within SAO's system boundaries. We were a team before deciding to do this, and we will remain a team."

Relaxing his stance he gave a nod in agreement, "Geeze, I seem to be doing a lot of nodding in this exchange."

"Of course, that sounds fine to me. Out of the three of us, you're the only member that hasn't met Baldur yet, so it would only makes sense to do so."

"With that, should Baldur be accepted, we would still need one more person to add to the group, at least if Takao isn't approved. There aren't many people that I could recommend to join, especially with Azide gone."

He still could recall the one badge of the coalition that would remain forever with a fallen player. The shield pin allocated as Malachite/Avocado would rest at the base of the Monument of Life, at least until a strong wind blows and sends it into the breeze, "Too bad there's no glue in SAO. I'll probably need to check and back make sure no ones decided to pawn it off."

Nodding at her blonde friend and then her husband Teayre smiles, “Is there anybody else I need to meet?” She paused for a moment, “Who else is there, besides Takao… Just in case they turn down the offer. After all it’s not mandatory for people to join.” More clanking from around the group of three players as several NPCs marched around them.  Watching them from the corner of her eyes Teayre sighs. “I really wonder who they’re going to say…” “Cal.” The red head continues, “You’re right, regardless of what happens we are all in this together. Let’s do what we need to.” She watches as her closest comrade looks up into the sky. Stepping forwards she shakes his shoulder. “Oink. Stop fretting I’m sure she’s okay.” Teayre says, just before glancing over at Calrex. “I’ve heard a few rumours that Meokka’s started to come out of hiding again, I think I’ll go make sure she’s okay. Let her know what has happened.” Flashing a smile at Oikawa Teayre chuckles, “I’m annoyed you didn’t wait for me though.”

"You make it sound as if I did it with malicious intent Teardrop."

"Which I didn't by the way," mentioned the blonde with a chuckle. "However, I must inquire who this 'she' is that you referred to moments ago?" The blonde was genuinely curious, as he had no one person, let alone a lass, on his mind in particular. His passing thoughts were filled of the olden days. The days before he had slain Zelrius. The days before Azide died. The days before Square One was disbanded. The days before he became a front-liner. The past still very much plagued his present and affected his future in more ways than he'd like to admit.

Sighing, the blonde awaited Tea's answer and Cal's response to other potential candidates. The blonde had no one else in mind that'd he'd like to ask so he kept himself quiet for the time being.

Calrex gave a calming breath as he listened to Teayre and Oikawa speak once again, his mind focused on their interactions and conversation. There was to some level delegation going on between them, but he felt some comfort in the casual atmosphere between them. He didn't want the Spectrum Coalition to become anything close to authoritative. They were a team built on trust and the bonds they shared, and it showed, "Takao is certainly an option, however unfortunately I can't really think of anyone else at the moment."

Looking over at his wife as she spoke about Meokka's reappearance he gave a nod, "I had heard about those as well. I saw her for a short period some time ago, but then she disappeared again. It would be a good idea to get her caught up on things."

"I guess Meo might also be a potential candidate, but I wouldn't want to go bringing her into another guild all of a sudden. She probably wouldn't want to get involved in anything like that for a while, especially if she's found out what happened to Dom."