[PP:NK:F1] <Out of the frying pan and into the fire> - Earning a Living (Aya, Vyrtew, Syn, Teayre)

It was late afternoon the rain was pouring down the window as Aya desperately peered out in hope that she may see something of the world outside. The Starlight Café was busy players sheltering from the deluge outside. Aya was sat eating her usual cookies with ice cream and a chocolate milkshake. She turned staring at her milkshake there was one quest she'd been holding off on for a while her living she'd taken a while to decide and as she hadn't had many friends until recently she had put this to one side but now she had decided she wanted to be an Alchemist.

The constant waterfall outside started to subside as Aya wiped the window clean of condensation. She swiped down her menu finding Vyrtew’s name “Hi, hope you have been ok? I’ve been thinking I need to start earning a living in this place and wondered if you knew anyone who could point me in the direction of Alchemy?”

She sighed, the trickle outside the window was now a drizzle and a drip.

Edited by Aya

Lying on his bed in the hogsback Vyrtew listened to the rain patter down outside, his feet bounced on the end of the bed as his eyes stared up taking in the wooden beams on the ceiling. His hands sweeping through his pitiful menu. Even as he did so a soft ping cam from it. Quickly hitting the message that read through he typed out a quick reply. “Hi Aya, I’m alright you? Um I know someone who can help you probably… She helped me and my sister out. Are you alright if I introduce you?” Hitting send the boy bit his lip sitting upright before sending a message to Teayre. “I need your help again.” hitting send he sits up. “Syn! Want something from the Café?"

The crimson maiden was settled down in the outlying reaches of floor one, hidden in a cave escaping the downpour when a ping popped up on her menu. Her fingers flying fast as she views the message she dismisses it pulling the hood of Akuma’s Vein up and around her head she makes her way out into the rain. Striding through the plains of floor one until she reaches a farm nearby. Opening her menu she quickly types a message out. “Farm, an hours walk south west of the city.” Sending it to Vyrtew, Teayre makes her way down to the small stream that runs alongside the farm turning the mill. Settling down next to it as the rain patters down around her.

Syn rolled over groggily, her eyes slowly fluttering open. Looking to her brother as he called out her name then what seemed to be her ‘special’ word. Suddenly sat bolt upright the girl jumps out already dressed in her long black trench coat and tights. “Let’s go!” She says and grabs Vyrtew’s hand and drags him down to the Café. Entering the small restaurant she spots the purple head who was in there from a few days before. Making a beeline for her Syn slips into the booth. “Hi,” she says, “Who’re you? I’m Syn.” Looking over at her brother she waves for him to hurry up.

Aya  swiped her menu and finding the book ensuring it was the right way up she stared staring at the pages not really taking in the word just using it as something, anything to look at. A ping woke her from her staring she quickly opened the menu to see a message from Vyrtew she quickly opened it hoping that she had placed her hard to win trust in the right place this time.  “Hi Aya, I’m alright you? Um I know someone who can help you probably… She helped me and my sister out. Are you alright if I introduce you?” A grin spread across her face, quickly typing her response, and then changing it several times before hitting send . the final message reading,  “I’m ok, just getting breakfast and hiding from the rain. That’s great! Thank you so much.” At that her tummy rumbled "Hungry again?" A waitress walked past her at the moment “I swear she heard my tummy either that or they can read our minds” “Erm can I have the cookies and Ice cream and a chocolate milkshake please” I really need to start trying other things on the menu” she scolded herself. Picking up the book again she sat staring into it waiting for her order to arrive.

The door was opened Aya thought nothing of it, a flash of colour, “Hi,” “Who’re you? I’m Syn.” Aya jumped out of her skin the book making a small leap onto the table Aya quickly sent it to her inventory, it disappeared.

It wasn't everyday Aya was startled by someone, her heart racing in her ears. Aya looked around in panic and saw Vyrtew, Syn was waving for him to hurry up. “Hi,” Aya gave the girl a smile her heart rate starting to return to normal  “It’s nice to meet you Syn, I’m Aya,” “So I’ve been meaning to ask are you two related?” Just then the waitress returned, “Thank you” she said as the plate and glass were set down in front of her.  Aya started tucking into the warm gooey cookies and ice cream “Mmmmmmmmm and that’s why I never get anything else.” Taking a sip of the milkshake and smiling at Syn and Vyrtew.

Edited by Aya

His mouth dropped as his sister grabbed him by the arm dragging him through the doors and across the street to the Starlight Café. Looking up he sees Aya, rubbing a hand on the back of his head he takes a seat opposite her. “Are you two related?” His mouth dropped slightly and closed several times before he nodded. “She’s my kid sister.” Standing up quickly he moves out of the girl’s reach. As he did so his menu started to ping again looking at the message he smiles. “We’ve got help for your quest Aya. She’s by an old farm a short walk south west of the city. I don’t think we’ve got much time to be honest, she doesn’t like to be kept waiting.”

She’d made it to the farm, the npcs were going about their business as usual. She made her way over to the pig pen sighing. “Meokka, my two handed lance wielder where have you gone?” Musing to herself Teayre slips over the gate holding the pigs in her hand going to the closest one running over it’s back as it lay down next to her. The rain gently falling the crimson maiden laid her cloak over the animal shielding it from the falling specks of moisture. The other pigs returned to their shelter as the girl sat there tending to the porcine.

Syn locked eyes with her brother. Jaw dropping. “Kid Sister? KID SISTER?” Lunging for him she falls onto her face as he slips out of the bench. “Vyrtew I will get you for that! I’m your older sister and you know it!” Her eyes locking onto his she glares. As he mentions about Teayre the girl falls silent. “Aya, sorry I know you’ve just got your food but we do have to go. Teayre is nice enough I’d say, she’s scary though. She’s one of the scariest people I know to be honest… Although I think she’s just hurting inside.”

Vyrtew took the seat opposite Aya, his mouth opening and closing several times at her question, scolding herself "Damit Aya with the questions again" before he finally nodded. “She’s my kid sister.” Aya's eyes widened as Syn, jaw dropping,launched herself at Vyrtew. Who with equal speed and agility stood up moving out of the girl’s reach. "So that's a yes and that explains the tension between them, sibling rivalry," Aya mused to herself.

Vyrtew's menu started to ping, he swiped down, Aya looked away she always found this very personal.“Vyrtew I will get you for that! I’m your older sister and you know it!”Shouted Syn, Aya looked round to her."Definitely sibling rivalry" she smiled to herself. “We’ve got help for your quest Aya. She’s by an old farm a short walk south west of the city. I don’t think we’ve got much time to be honest, she doesn’t like to be kept waiting.” Syn fell silent, Aya's stomach growled but not in hunger this time, it was at Syn's reaction. Aya's stomach had a habit of growling when she felt nervous or concerned about someone or something. Syn turned to her “Aya, sorry I know you’ve just got your food but we do have to go. Teayre is nice enough I’d say, she’s scary though. She’s one of the scariest people I know to be honest… Although I think she’s just hurting inside.”

Aya made a mental note, "She’s one of the scariest people I know to be honest… Although I think she’s just hurting inside, Ahh that’s why Syn reacted the way she did, well if it gets the quest done an me meeting new people Carpe Diem "

Aya cut the cookies into bite size pieces and started stuffing them rapidly into her mouth, gulping the milkshake down in one. "Thank's for helping me with this I really appreciate it, ready ?" wiping her mouth as she stood up "I'll buy us foods later" smiling at Syn.

Edited by Aya

His eyes went wide as he watched Aya quickly decimate her snack. Nodding at her he turns and heads straight out of the café. Turning his head he makes sure that Aya and Syn have followed him before he starts talking. “Aya… Have you met any orange players before?” His words were tentative, slow. He seemed almost distant and not entirely focused on what was about to happen. “Teayre… She’s an orange player…” He whispers, clenching and unclenching his hands loud cracks being heard from them. “From what I know she won’t bite unless she’s provoked."

Small grunts came from the pigs as a couple of howls echoed throughout the nearby hills of floor one. The red head gave a small sigh grabbing the fence behind her with one hand she mutters to the pig. “I’m sorry little one.” Flinging herself over it on her one hand she lands in the middle of the courtyard of the farm. Looking up she meets the eyes of one of the beasts as the other three prowl around her. “Come on then, what are you waiting for?” Teayre murmurs her eyes glinting slightly, as her right hand moved; the coat making her look as if her entire body was on fire; to her sword gripping the hilt of the muramasa.

Syn nodded along to what her brother said. “Aya. I’m sorry to drop this on you but she’s… She’s a little crazy I think. As I said before I’m sure she’s hurting however she’s offered Vyrtew and I protection if we provide her with consumables.” Pausing she brushed a lock of hair out of her eyes. “You should be okay, I think if you’re with us… Just I wouldn’t provoke her. I wouldn’t…” The teenaged girl couldn’t finish her sentence she just looked away as tears began to form in her eyes before rolling down her cheeks.

Aya followed him out of the Café quickly braiding her long purple hair into two plaits, which snaked loosely around her body, as she moved out of the doorway.

Her stomach growling was it hunger, eating too quick or did she sense Vytew's mood had changed.Vyrtew turned to check they were behind him “Aya… Have you met any orange players before?" Aya shook her head she had heard of orange players but hadn't met any. Well she wouldn't having been in starting city for as long as she had.. Vyrtew was speaking slowly he seemed distant.“Teayre… She’s an orange player…” He whispered. Clenching his hands with a crack "Oh" Aya reacted almost in a whisper herself, without thinking "Dammit you could have reacted better than that Aya". “Aya. I’m sorry to drop this on you but she’s… She’s a little crazy I think. As I said before I’m sure she’s hurting however she’s offered Vyrtew and I protection if we provide her with consumables.”

Aya turned back to look at Syn "No it's ok..." “You should be okay, I think if you’re with us… Just I wouldn’t provoke her. I wouldn’t…” she couldn't finish her sentence, she looked away Aya had the overwhelming feeling that she wanted to give Syn a hug she was obviously upset, grieving? “From what I know she won’t bite unless she’s provoked. But this will only be the fourth time I’ve met her.” Vytew spoke behind Aya. "I'm glad you told me before I met her" "What would provoke her?" Aya pondered "Well time to stop playing it safe and start earning a living Aya"

"If you trust her and I trust you then I'm ok with it I asked for your help and I need to start living up to the promises I made.." She trailed off, walking past Vyrtew. "Think before you speak" her internal monologue screamed. Turning back "Let's go as you said we don't have a lot of time." she said without much expression looking at Syn with concern.

“I’m sorry I need to ask, what do I need to look out for, I mean what would provoke her ?”

“Come on then.” He said to the two girls, his feet picking up speed as he trod along the dirt track towards the farm. The shape of the distant buildings soon appearing. Panting slightly as he turned up, the rain had started to pick up once again. As he bent double the howling of wolves resounded in his ears. “Aya! Syn! Be careful. Wolves nearby.” Drawing his dagger he looks up to see several bits of flickering flame in front of him. “Flames in the rain?” He whispers quietly, slowly the boy starts to walk forward spotting the orange cursor his entire body tensed before he ducked behind the side of the barn. Waving at Syn and Aya to follow him.

Teayre didn’t hesitate any longer the red head moved with the rain her long blade flashing out, clanging steel against the claws of the wolves she fought. “Just the two of you? Really?” She mutters spinning on her back foot the red head dances gracefully in between the two creatures. The Muramasa flicks out of its sheath making two half moon movements, before it was returned she stood staring into the pig pen, slowly the girl walks over to it and jumps back over the side before settling down the pig that had come over to her earlier joining her.

ID: 62641 BD: 6 (2 + 4 ACC) CD: 4 LD: 15 (13 + 2 LD) MD: 4

Teayre: 185/185 EN: 33/35 (12 Used) - Gen Getsu

Wolf 1 - Dead

Wolf 2 - Dead

2 Mats found

Edited by Teayre

“I don’t know, she doesn’t seem to like people who take advantage or those who’re weak.” Syn replied, her voice quiet as they exited the safe zone. “Honestly I don’t know her very well, she just seems like someone who you don’t want to cross.” Her head looking left and right, “She said at a farm right?” Following her brother she ducks behind him as the wolves call out. “Make sure they don’t get me please.” Following him the girl hides with her twin by the side of the barn, her breathing slow and steady. “Aya follow Teayre’s lead okay?”

As they exited the safe zone the silence was broken by Syn “I don’t know, she doesn’t seem to like people who take advantage or those who’re weak.” "We both have one thing in common but I worry I will be too weak" Aya started to panic inside. The rain started again splash, drip, drip drip, shower. "Honestly I don’t know her very well, she just seems like someone who you don’t want to cross.” Aya’s breath caught in her throat, her brows furrowed. "Hang on you thinking you can't do this well bring it on!" Determination came over her,“Come on then.”said Vyrtew as he started to run along the dirt path which lead, Aya assumed, to the farm, Aya matching his pace to start with.

Her assumptions were affirmed when the outline of the buildings in the distance could be seen. Aya's senses were on edge as her heartbeat pounded in her ears. Vyrtew bent double. Then howling of wolves resounded around them “Aya! Syn! Be careful. Wolves nearby.” Vyrtew yelled in the girls direction.“She said at a farm right?” As Syn ducked behind Vyrtew “Make sure they don’t get me please.”Aya was confused the confidence she first saw from Syn in the Café seemed to melting in front of her "Ah, she’s more like me than I first though" They continued up the path Aya keeping a vigilant watch around her “Flames in the rain?” whispered Vyrtew almost inaudible against the hammer of the deluge around them, the path turning to mud and puddles appearing larger, and larger. “What do you see” Aya asked Vyrtew in concern for although she was being vigilant she hadn't seen flames in the rain. Continuing on they arrived at the farm Vyrtew, looking in the direction of the farm buildings, seemed to tense all over before ducking behind the side of the barn. Aya and Syn had fallen behind again, Vyrtew was waving at them to follow him. Their breathing quickly returning to normal “Aya follow Teayre’s lead okay" Syn whispered. Aya nodded, a steely look of determination coming over her face as she gripped the hilt of her long sword in her hand, ready, preparing herself, watching, waiting.

Squinting his eyes in the gloom, Vyrtew blinks as the rain dissipates. “It’s Teayre, as she moves flames come from her clothing. Rather, it appears that she’s wreathed in flame.” Standing and moving round the side of the barn the white haired boy calls out to the Crimson Maiden. “Teayre, we’re here. I’m guessing there’s an NPC for Aya to talk to inside the farmhouse?” Without waiting for a reply, he heads over to the door and knocks, beckoning Aya to him.

Vyrtew was peering into the darkness “It’s Teayre, as she moves flames come from her clothing. Rather, it appears that she’s wreathed in flame.” "Oh" Aya gasped in amazement "That is soooooo cool" her inner monologue was bouncing with excitement. "Control yourself" The rebukes had returned. Aya sighed still holding the hilt of her longsword but relaxing slightly the wolves seemed to be gone, had Tearye dealt with them so swiftly, was that the movement that had caused the red flames to appear from her clothing?

Aya was pulled from her internal reflections, Vyrtew was moving round to the side of the barn. He called out “Teayre, we’re here. I’m guessing there’s an NPC for Aya to talk to inside the farmhouse?” He walked swiftly over to the door and knocked beckoning Aya over to him. Aya let go of the sword, but didn't let go of her vigilance keeping watch just incase.

The door opened and an older looking woman appeared at the door "Hello" she said warily Aya stepped forward her voice cracking slightly. “Hi my name is Aya I was wondering if you could help me please?" Smiling Aya trailed off slightly as the sight of a kitchen full of materials, a large cauldron on an open fire in the middle of the room and a cat which was slowly snaking its way around the old woman's legs. "I was wondering if you could help me I'm interested in Alchemy, I have mat..." The older woman interjected "Come in quickly hunny, and your friends to there have been wolf attacks around here recently" As she turned and walked into the large, warm room which was rich with the aroma of the materials hanging from every surface.

Letting out a laugh the crimson maiden looked over at the woman who had opened the door. “You don’t say…” she mutters quietly, “You know they aren’t much more than overly large dogs.” Laughing the girl heads back over to the pig pen, “Syn, Vyrtew go in if you want. Suit yourselves with this.” The outer layers of her own armour started to flicker as she moved her hand sitting on the top of the fence Teayre throws herself over landing sat down cross-legged. A small grunt came from in front of her, reaching out her hand Teayre rubs the pig’s head. “Hello again little one.”