(PP-NK-F2) Hunt [Itzal] Complete

OOC i could not come up with any names sorry. 

Jonathan stood in Urbus on Floor two. Hunting on Floor one brought nothing to him. There was no danger no excitement, thats why he had to come to floor two. It was not really his type. All it had was mountains, forests, midevial cities. Not really his type at all. There was a slight breeze tickled his face of boredom as he began to start heading out of town. He equipped his Armor <<Thorny Rose>> and his sword <<Polished Sword>> Neither which were really his type but they were useful. The sun bored on the red armor making Jonathan hot. He seen a few players here and there but there was not really anybody. Everyone was on the fields or on a higher floor. Jonathan sighed as he began to walk out of Urbus.

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal sighed contently as he finished his meal without Velnia devouring his portion.  He loved her dearly but the small dragon had an appetite that could put a giant to shame.  He was certain that when his friends met her they would envy her ability to eat so much and stay so thin.  He rose to his feet now that their meal was done.  He'd been training recently and had decided to take a break for lunch.  He had a nasty encounter a few days back with some goblins but in the end he survived.  Velnia was also a good distraction, not to mention a wonderful companion.  The sun had reached it's peak and was beating down with all it's fury, but Itzal paid no mind.  In fact, he enjoyed the warmth it gave him and he rarely sweat so that wasn't a problem.  Even when he wore Niger Natio, his black cloth and leather armor that covered him head to toe, he didn't mind.  He equipped Niger Natio and made sure Retributor, his black sword, was at the ready. 

As he tucked his verbana bracelet between his sleeve and gauntlet, where nobody besides those looking for it would see it, it reminded him of his sister Aimi, as was it's purpose, and why he was training.

"Alright Velnia, let's get back to it."

Jonathan looked back when he seen a small dragon. Emblem? Why are you here? Jonathan moved forward following the dragon and went around the corner and yelled "Emblem!" Then shut his mouth. This was not Emblem. The small dragon even looked completely different. This was no Emblem. The boy had a black sword on his back and was completely covered from head to toe in armor, leather armor.  Jonathan fought the urge to run. The dude looked intimating. Or at least he thought it was a guy. Jonathan looked down embarrassed. "Sorry, don't mind me, I thought you were someone I knew..." Jonathan looked up and tried to look more cheerful. "The name is Jonathan! Nice to meet you..." Then Jonathan shut his mouth, he did not think this guy was happy to be in a lot of company. 

Itzal's first reaction was surprised that he could look like anyone else.  His second reaction was a result of seeing someone actually intimidated by his armor.  Itzal smiled though he knew the player couldn't see it.  He analyzed the other player's appearance:  He had silver hair, was fairly tall, and wore what seemed like red leather armor.  He had to say that the silver hair and red armor was a great color combination.  He saw that he was muscular and that gave the possibility that he was a tank, but then again appearances could be deceiving.  He looked at Velnia who seemed interested in this man.  Itzal wondered what fighting style he preferred.

"I'm against pking if that's the image you got," he said simply.  He fought the urge to chuckle.  Usually Itzal was the one cowering in fear.  But unlike his foes he didn't use it against others.  "My name's Itzal" he answered.  "Velnia and I were going to go training if you'd like to join us."  He liked fighting by himself but he learned recently that fighting more than one foe alone could quickly turn into a death sentence.  Besides, he didn't want to be known as a dark player who soloed by himself the whole time.

Jonathan listened as the boy introduced himself as Itzal. It was a nice name. He also said he was against Pking which was a relief. He also said he was going to be going to do some training, and that Jonathan was welcome if he wanted to join. Thank god... i am so tired of training alone, it is so much easier with a partner... Jonathan turned his attention to what he at least thought was the boy's eyes. Jonathan then smiled and said, I would really enjoy that..." Jonathan opened up his menu and set the player a party request and waited for Itzal to accept it then began to do some changes with himself. Itzal's armor does not look like it was meant to take hits so I guess I can tank... It would be good practice. He moved to his inventory and equipped his other armor. A bright light burst upon Jonathan and then Black armor appeared. It was that basic armor he had earned when he soloed Worn Out Welcome. "I'll take the hits but I don't have the Howl skill yet" Jonathan smiled and waited for the Itzal's move. 

Spoiler

Jonathan's stats

24 HP

6 Energy

4 Base Damage 

12 mitigation

Itzal accepted the invite almost instantly after it popped up.  When he heard that Jonathan wanted to play as the tank he nodded.

"Not a problem," he said as he glanced at the new armor.  How interesting.  Two players in black armor and a purple dragon.  Now that they were partners, Velnia glided over to get a closer look.  Itzal chuckled as she eyed him almost two centimeters away from his face, and then laughed at Jonathan's expression as she ran along his body, torso, arms and legs.  After getting a good feel for his measurements and physical capabilities, she flew back up and licked him on the cheek before gliding back to Itzal's shoulder.  Itzal had some trouble stopping his laughter but once he did he owed the man an explanation.

"This is Velnia, my familiar.  She doesn't have any buffs but she's a wonderful companion."  He thought about where they could train and recalled the cave he found a few days ago <look at my thread -trouble in the caves- for more details> with goblins.  He actually had a close call with a pair of extremely lucky goblins who almost got him.  Almost.  But thankfully Retributor landed a critical hit on the last one, giving it the bleeding effect which ended the fight swiftly.  "I know a cave we can train in.  Nothin' but a few goblins.  Didn't get a chance to explore it much but I do know that you can sometimes find some loose crystals."  He pulled out the purple crystal he found in the cave and showed it to him, the reflecting light almost blinding if you looked at it the wrong way.

OOC-- Great now i have to go read that thread it sounds interesting!

Jonathan watched as Itzal accepted the request, and his name and health bar appeared under his. Jonathan heard the small dragon make a noise and glided off of Itzal's shoulder and stopped a few centimeters in front of him. Jonathan's and the dragon's nose were almost touching. The red, seeming to be glowing, eyes looking at him straight in the eyes. Then the small dragon began to run across his whole body, then stopped at again at his shoulder and licked Jonathan on the cheek then flew back over to Itzal's shoulder. Jonathan was surprised. He even had an astonished face until he realized it and returned to a straight-ish face. Jonathan listened as Itzal introduced his dragon. Velnia huh, nice name. Then Itzal began to talk about a cave full of goblins but had some nice looking crystals. Then the boy brought out a purple crystal that looked beautiful crystal that had a faint purple glow to it. Absolutely beautiful. Jonathan was definitely interested. "Take me there!" 

Itzal grinned and nodded.

"Alright then."  He pointed over to the mountains past the valley.  "It's right over there, past the valley.  It'll be a little walk, and I encountered a saber cat or two along the way.  Should be good practice right?"  So he shook his shoulder slightly, signaling Velnia's cue to fly high and scout for them.  She didn't fly high as usual however, seeing as she was still interested in this new player.  As they began to walk to the valley Itzal prepared his questions.  He wondered if he was about to overwhelm this guy or not.

"So what kind of fighting style do you use?  Are you always a tank?"

Jonathan watched as Itzal pointed Over a mountain, and said that it would also be past the valley. "God this was going to be a lond and boring walk..."Then  Itzal said that there was a few Saber cats on the way. Jonathan sighed. That was okay. Then Itzal said, " "So what kind of fighting style do you use?  Are you always a tank?" Jonathan looked at the Dragon that was a few tens of feet in the air. He then returned his gaze to Itzal and said, "I have never really  fought with others before, I have done it twice I think... I mostly am a solo player but I do plan on being the one taking the damage in the front lines One day..." Jonathan began to walk faster, but was interupted by a small growl. Jonathan had to make the first hit for the Cat to be interested in him. Jonathan moved forward, thrusting his blade at the cat, but it backed away too quick. it Growled and then swiped at him but missed. Jonathan yelled "Switch" And then moved out of the way for Itzal to attack. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 24/24 4/6

Itzal 28/28 7/7

Saber Cat 16/16

64053 BD: 5 MD:5

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal dashed forward like lightning, his black blade glowing dark red as he charged his sword art.  In a quarter of a second he swung his blade in an uppercut, fulfilling the sword art and stunning his foe, giving Jonathan a clear shot for when he was to attack.  After the strike he turned sharply to the left and ran along the side.  As he ran he could imagine Velnia picking up a sign that read round 2.  Itzal was totally sure it was just his imagination but he didn't mind.

"Switch!" he called and watched Jonathan make his move. 

Mob details:  Saber Cat  <>  16/16 hp  <>  3 MIT  <>  6 dmg

ID#  64056

BD:  7

MD:  1 (focused on Jonathan)

Result

-----------

Saber:  13/16  (3 base dmg + uppercut - 3 MIT = 3 dmg)

Jonathan:  24/24

Itzal:  28/28  <>  2/7 energy

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal dashed forward quick as lightning. He struck the Cat knocking it back with an uppercut and stunned it. Jonathan smiled when he heard the boy yell switch, Jonathan dashed forward and readied the skill snakebite. He had to hit it or the Cat would target Itzal for the amount of hate the boy had now. He refocused and made his attack. He slashed the cat once, sending in sprawling into the air. Jonathan spun, using the momentum to slash the cats side. The cat never got to make the move because it was paralyzed. Jonathan smiled, that was a great move. Jonathan moved and yelled out Switch! to his partner. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 24/24 3/6   4 +1 -2=3

Itzal 28/28 2/7 Energy

Saber Cat 8/16 -5    4(1x2)=8-3=5

64057 BD:6 MD:2

Edited by Morgenstern

By the time Jonathan called for a switch Itzal was right behind him.  He ran past his new partner and charged his foe.  He was about to jab at it when he saw the cat recognize his move.  The saber raised it's paw to bat him aside rather than attack him, but Itzal did not intend to look like a fool in front of Jonathan.  He jumped over the saber and pushed off it's back to launch him farther away from the saber.  If it's attention remained on Jonathan he could attack it from behind.  No need to call switch.  Itzal believed it was obvious.  Still, he growled at the misfortune.  Now that he was out of danger about twenty ideas of how he could still land a hit.

ID#  64059

BD:  2

CD:  7

Result

---------

Saber cat:  8/16

Jonathan:  24/24  <>  4/6 energy

Itzal:  3/7 energy (+1 recovery)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal moved quickly and jumped over the cat instead of attacking it. The cat did not seem to care for the boy but kept its attention on Jonathan. He yelled and moved forward. He charged up his sword to use the sword art Snake bite. He just had to keep up the damage. He moved forward slashing at the cat twice but missed both. The cat slashed forward but Jonathan batted it away with his sword. Itzal was behind the animal so he could easily make the next move. Jonathan smiled then yelled at the cat. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 24/24 3/6

Itzal 28/28 

Saber Cat 8/16

64061 BD:5 MD:5

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal charged his sword art and ran up to the saber, unleashing snake bite upon his unsuspecting foe.  It yelped and by the time it turned to look at him he was already running to Jonathan's side.  Velnia was making loop-the-loops in the air and threw a puff of smoke in the cat's direction, causing it to shake it's head and sneezed to force the smoke out.  Itzal stopped beside Jonathan.

"Your turn.  Let's see if we can get it to fall in two more hits."

ID#  64063

BD:  5 (+1 accuracy)

MD:  4

CD:  4

Result

------------

Saber:  5/16  (3 base dmg + uppercut - 3 MIT = 3 dmg)

Itzal:  28/28  <>  1/7 energy (- 2 snake bite)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal struck the cat again. Velnia also seemed to be trying by blowing smoke in the cats face which made Jonathan chuckle. Then he heard Itzal's voice.  "Your turn.  Let's see if we can get it to fall in two more hits." Jonathan smiled. Only Two? Impossible. Jonathan smiled, and readied himself to attack to cat. He moved forward, his sword illuminating a bright green. He moved in for the kill. He swiped his sword twice but missed. The cat growled and lashed out at Itzal. Jonathan had not generated enough hate. He could have defeated the cat but instead he had failed. Why do I suck while in a party? The cat struck at Itzal but missed. His armor seemed to come in handy. The cat growled. "Sorry, I did not kill it, its your turn again..." 

Spoiler

Jonathan 24/24 2/6

Itzal 28/28

Saber Cat 5/16

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal shook his head.  He never meant for Jonathan to finish it off with the amount of hp it had.  He didn't know what his weapon's buffs were if he had them, but with a sword skill and sword art, he'd be able to deal some decent damage.  Itzal himself could deal 3 damage with a sword art, 5 if he landed a crit.  If they had both hit the saber it would have been goodnight kitty.  Still, it didn't matter to him.  He understood how Jonathan was probably feeling right now.  Itzal waited for the saber to throw another swing.  As it did so he charged his sword art and swung it twice.  Once across it's eyes, causing it to rear and place a paw on it's face, and the second across it's now exposed throat, causing a critical hit.  Itzal watched as the red pixels fell out of it's wound, a typical effect he saw when he applied a bleeding effect, and smiled as the beast shattered.  He looked for the loot menu but it didn't show.  He turned to Jonathan.

"Don't worry about missing," he mentioned.  "You don't want to know how many times I made mistakes while soloing."  He looked at Velnia as she landed on his shoulder and stroke her back, causing her to purr.  "Unfortunately we didn't get any loot but that doesn't mean we won't find any in the cave.  Come on let's keep going.  It's not as far as it looks."

ID#  64066

BD:  9

MD:  6 (-2 evasive)

LD:  12

Result

------------

Saber cat:  deceased

Itzal:  28/28

+1 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as Itzal finished off the Cat with two clean sweeps. Jonathan sighed and sheathed his sword. He moved forward looking at Itzal. Itzal then said  "Don't worry about missing,  "You don't want to know how many times I made mistakes while soloing. Unfortunately we didn't get any loot but that doesn't mean we won't find any in the cave.  Come on let's keep going.  It's not as far as it looks." Jonathan sighed. At least that was some good news. The dragon landed on Itzal's shoulder and began to purr. Jonathan watched the last bit of the blue fragments disappeared. He looked at Itzal and Velnia. "Lead the way!"

As Itzal continued along the path he took the last time he couldn't help but wonder.  Was he actually leading?  Or was he just the directional guide here?  His plan was to become something like a scout, silent and stealth like but with a strong and deadly attack.  That was why he chose bleeding for his sword.  It was also the reason he chose evasive as the main attribute for his armor.  He never intended to lead.  He wanted to be the one to scout out the grounds and provide strategies.  As for pkers, he wanted to be elusive, with a weapon that would deal damage over time.  So for now Itzal decided that whether the other player meant for him to be either leader or a guide, he'd choose to be the navigator.  He saw the two large rocks up ahead and recognized it as the place he was ambushed not only by a saber, but a freaken wolf.  Velnia noticed this too and flew high into the air to scout it out.  Itzal pointed to the area.

"See that?  I was ambushed last time I went there."  Velnia came back down and nodded.  "Yep I was right.  Just one?" he asked her.  She shook her head and raised her claw with all but two fingers closed.  He nodded.  "Two then.  Are they sabers as well?"  She shook her head.  Confused he prodded her to explain.  She cocked her head as she thought as to how she could, then flew over to a nearby tree and snatched a twig, with which she pretended was a spear.  Itzal knew what she was talking about.

"Goblins?  But why would they be this far from the cave?"  He looked at Jonathan.  "I can sneak up behind them while Velnia gathers their attention and leads them out of hiding.  When their out you can draw their hate.  Once you do all I have to do is hit them from behind.  Maybe I'll get a crit and give em both a good bleeding effect.  Sound good?"

Mob info:  two goblins, one with ax one with spear.  16/16 hp each  <>  3 MIT each  <>  6 damage each

Jonathan walked behing the boy. He seemed to know this place very well. He pointed to a place where he said he was ambushed. Jonathan grimaced. Velnia flew up and conversed with Itzal. Two goblins is apparently what she indicated. Itzal had a plan. Velnia flew off and Itzal left to come from behind. After a minute or so Jonathan seen some strange green creatures. One with a spear the other with an axe. Jonathan yelled at them drawing in their attention. The moved at him but Jonathan was ready. He dashed to meet them. He Swung his sword at the one with the spear. The goblin blocked the attack and the other countered. The goblin's axe struck him and then the other goblin stabbed him with the spear. Jonathan grimaced. He at least had the creatures attention. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 22/24

Itzal 28/28

Spear Goblin 16/16

Axe Goblin 16/16

64080 BD: 2 MD:7

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal ran along the side of the rock, making sure he was silent as the grave.  As he rounded on the other side he heard Jonathan yell at the goblins.  As he watched him take two hits he upped his pace until he was dashing just as the goblins were about to hit him again.  A second before he was struck with another volley Itzal charged and used rage spike, striking both goblins in one deadly precise strike.  He didn't need to look back to know he had struck a critical hit on them.  He knew that they had the bleeding effect as well, which meant this fight would be a quick one.

ID#  64094

BD:  9

Result

----------

Goblin #1:  11/16  (3 base dmg + 1 crit + rage spike - 3 MIT = 5 dmg.  Bleeding added)

Goblin #2:  11/16  (3 base dmg + 1 crit + rage spike - 3 MIT = 5 dmg.  Bleeding added)

Jonathan:  22/24

Itzal:  28/28  <>  3/7  (- 4 rage spike)

Edited by Itzal