[PP-NK-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (Morgenstern)

Kasier smiled, her eyes lit up as she wakes up to the morning light. The sun was already high up in the sky and ready to go, unlike Kasier as she rolled off the park bench that she had slept on the previous night. Indeed, she had slept on the park bench for the previous night due to the fact that she had no where else to go. At the moment, she had absolutely no Col to get anything done and she didn't appreciate it at all. She needed some sort of way to gain Col and what better way to do so than to get a profession? Kasier would've become an alchemist but she realized that there were already lots of Alchemists currently serving the players so there would be no point for another alchemist in this world. Kasier yawned and lifted up both her arms to her face before giving it a rub. She was awfully tired and a windy night didn't help with that cause either. Still, she must arise and get that quest done... The quest that would allow her to become a cook. A quest by the name of <<Earning a Living>> would be the quest that she will complete today. She was filled with determination and confidence that she would be able to complete this quest. As soon as she completes this quest, she will make herself a sandwich so that she can stop her growling stomach that is constantly trying to protest. Soon, after a while of walking in the starting town, she was finally able to reach the quest giver. The old lady, a cook that was past her prime would be her tutor, but first, she was going to have to go out to the fields and gather materials for her cooking lesson. This was no easy feat and she posted a sign, asking for assistance for a nearby player to help her, wondering if anyone would be kind enough to do so.

Jonathan walked on Floor one. He did not really enjoy it much anymore seeing that it was the only placed he had traveled for moths and now he was training on a higher floor. He did like to come to Taki's sometimes for food though. She made delicios food. The sun glinted off of his black leather armor that he had recieved from a quest and a black handled sword on his back. A slight breeze brushed against his cheeks and lips. It also brushed his golden white hair a bit. He walked down the main street to the notice board to see what was going on today. Then he seen a message on the notice board that was posted a few minutes ago. It was a player who wanted help gathering materials in the plains. Jonathan shrugged, he didn't like the idea of other players dying so he would help. He seen a girl with black hair and red eyes. Maybe she's the one in needing of assistance.." Jonathan walked up to the girl. She looked around his age but just a small tad shorter. "Hey, are you possibly the person who needed help with gathering materials? Oh, my name is Jonathan pleasure to meet you..." Jonathan gave off a slight smile. 

Kasier waited and waited until the sun was dead middle in the sky. Indeed, it was noon time and at this point, Kasier decided that she would just go ahead and head out on her own to complete this quest as fast as possible. It has been a while since she posted the sign asking for assistance and if no one was around to help her, no one is going to come. Just as she stepped, she was greeted by a man with a black-handled sword on his back. The man had silver, almost white hair and his eyes of a colorful hue of green. He was tall and muscular, a sign that he had been working out since before he had entered the game. His face was cleanly kept and obvious that his facial hair had been shaved off carefully. The man's shape was rather intimidating but his smile glows of warmth and friendliness along with humbleness. The man was taller than she was so she looked slightly up as she responded to the man. "Yup, I am the person that is in need of assistance with the quest! Thank you for coming over and offering to help me! I'll probably need it very much. Anyway, my name is Kasier and I'm trying to become a cook. I'm glad to be of your acquaintance and I hope we can get along well! It's nice to meet you, Jonathan!" Kasier said with the full innocence and kindness that she was raised to have. Her eyes large with happiness and her mouth wide with a huge grin as she greets the male player. Despite the man not directly stating that he wants to help, Kasier had already jumped to a conclusion after the man talked to her.

The girl seemed very spitey Jonathan would put. She was very excited for his offer to help her with this quest. She introduced herself as Kaiser. She also had the widest smile he had ever seen. Jonathan smiled back and said, "Well if I could help it, no one would die in this game..." He stopped talking and sent the woman a party request, and then continued "Especially if they are in my party..." Jonathan looked away for a second then returned his attention to the woman. "Two things, tell me what to do. And don't die."   Jonathan smiled and tried to look his best ready look. Kaiser seems to be pretty straight forward so we will probably leave in a sec. Just gotta keep her alive. Especially with how innocent as she seems.    

Kasier smiled as the man seemed willing to help her out on this quest. From what she saw, Jonathan didn't speak that much. The man sure didn't speak but from Kasier's first impression, the man was definitely someone that she could rely on. He seemed very dutiful and always follow through with what he said. As the man asked her what she needed to do in order to complete the quest, she opened up her menu and checked the quest requirements. "Erm, first, we have to get some boar meat to serve as a Japanese dish side" She said, scrolling through the small amount of task that she had to complete in order to finish off this quest. It would've been difficult, considering the fact that she has never entered combat before but she is quite assured that she is able to complete this quest completely especially with Jonathan's help. Perhaps his stats aren't as much as his features show. From what she saw in his body structure, the man was probably a tank who could take lots and lots of hits. However, her first impression was often wrong and her assumption was probably incorrect. With a smile, Kasier started to walk towards the exit of the <<Town of Beginnings>>, prepared to get out there and defeat some boars with the man's help. Honestly, Kasier will probably refrain from attacking due to her low damage output. Instead, she will help the man by healing him whenever he needs the healing. "Ok! Let's go then! I'll treat you to some of my cooking after I finish this quest and you can rate my cooking. So let's get this quest finished quick." Kasier said, excitedly skipping to search for a boar outside of the safe zone.

Jonathan listened intently as the woman as she said that she needed to get some boar meat. Boars, simple enough. Jonathan followed her to the exit to the Starting City. Boar meat, He had not tried yet that. Jonathan looked at Kaiser. She did not really look much like a fighter. It did not matter though. Jonathan might have to stick with her for a bit to keep her alive. She still had a starting Sword. "Remind me at the end of this and i'll do a quest to get you a better sword..." Jonathan smiled then seen a boar. Jonathan smiled and moved forward. He dashed forward, unsheathing his sword. The sword began to illuminate a bright green. Jonathan attacked the boar. Swiping twice. The boar squealed from the sword strikes and rammed into him. Jonathan scooted back a few feet. The boar had barely touched him. It was a solid hit but it did barely any damage. Don't attack! If it targets you, I might not be able to kill it in time!" I have to get a hit on this or Kaiser will be in trouble

Spoiler

Jonathan 23/24 4/6 Energy

Kaiser 4/4

Boar 12/12

64069 BD: 3 MD: 9

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 64078
CD: 12
<<First Aid>> Activated

Kasier smiled. The man sure was reliable. He seemed rather confident in his abilities and he seemed willing and eager to help her. In fact, he even offered to help her obtain a better weapon after they finished this quest. However, a weapon isn't exactly something that she needs at the moment. What she needed was something that could help her with her healing or make her healing even better. Still, a sword for a newbie like her would definitely help... Of course, she was thinking from her own perspective. She was no expert... Nor had she any idea what she was talking about. She had lots to learn if she was going to become a great healer who could heal injured front liners. The front lines was a dangerous place where anyone could be dead in an instant if they weren't careful. If Kasier wanted to help others, she would have to become stronger, herself and obtain the ability to help her. "Thanks very much! I would really appreciate a weapon and all your help!" She said in appreciation for all the help that she was obtaining from this man. Soon, after finding a boar, Jonathan charged forward with his sword in hand which shined of bright, green light. Unluckily though, the man's sword was only able to make contact with the air and instead, he was struck by the boar's weak attack. "Wait up, let me heal you." Kasier said, putting her <<First Aid>> skill to the test as she ran towards Jonathan, placed her hand gently on his back and activated her skill, successfully healing one health to the player.

Spoiler

HP List
Kasier: 4/4
   Energy: 1/1
Jonathan: 24/24 (+1)
   Energy: 4/6

Enemies:
Boar: 12/12

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan watched the pig stamp its foot and snort. Jonathan felt a warm touch on his back. Jonathan watched his health bar rise back to maximum. He turned around, seeing it was Kasier. "A healer!" Jonathan smiled and returned his attention to the boar. Jonathan dashed out at it, his sword glowing a bright green. This time for sure he thought. He slashed forward, but missed once again. The boar moved forward ramming into him. He moved back. This fight was literally going no where. Jonathan sighed. "Why can I never hit, when I am with a party?"  

Spoiler

Jonathan 23/24 3/6

Kaiser 4/4

64107 BD: 3 MD:9

OOC god I hate the dice

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 64110
CD: 2
<<First Aid>> Not Activated

Kasier watched as the man charged forward with his sword. Once again, his sword shined of bright green and it looked like it was destined to meet its desired destination. Unluckily, however, the man was unable to land his strike and the end result was a retaliating attack from the boar's fierce headbutt, dealing damage once more to the male damage dealer. This time, Kasier tried once more to heal the man. She walked up to the man before placing her hand once more on the man's back. She really hoped that she could consistently heal the player once more but unluckily, she was unable to heal the player. Her hands were useless this time as she backed off from the player, hoping that the next time she heals, she would be able to actually heal Jonathan and the low damage that he took. As a healer, she must be able to consistently heal people in different situations and that is why he must obtain better equipment to help with her healing along with back-up potions in case her healing fails her. This was a perfect example of why she must become a better player in general. "Alrighty then. I guess my first heal was just beginner's luck...." She said, quite sad that she was unable to heal this time. "But don't worry! I'm sure we can kill the boar soon!"

(OOC: Yo, let me hit my dad, RNGesus, up on the phone)

Spoiler

HP List
Jonathan: 23/24
   Energy: 3/6

Enemies:
Boar: 12/12

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan grinned at the boar. It should give up. Jonathan dashed forward Readying, once more his skill snakebite. He would deal a bit of damage, he could just hit... Ten meters, 5. Swing. Focus... His sword burst a brilliant green. Jonathan struck forward htting the boar once, then he spun around and slashed again. The Boar's health reached the red zone as it was hit. Jonathan smiled. The boar squealed and made a rush, hitting Jonathan for another one damage. Jonathan almost laughed. He looked back and smiled at Kasier. This would be over in a minute. Jonathan returned focus to the boar. It was going to die. "Now you can attack Kasier!"

Spoiler

Jonathan 22/24 2/6 -2+1  Hate 3

Kasier 4/4

Boar 3/12 -9     4 (Base) +2 (Crit) =6(1x2) =12-3=9 damage

64114 B:10 MD:7

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 64122
CD: 11
<<First Aid>> Activated

Kasier sighed. The man had finally landed a hit and the battle appeared to be over already. His sword glowed of bright green once more and made contact with the boar, dealing a critical hit on it and bringing it down to the red zone. Her eyes glowed of brightness, realizing that the battle would soon be over. However, that was when Jonathan instructed Kasier to strike the boar with her own curved sword. Now, Kasier had never ever used her sword. In fact, she had never even pulled it out of her case. She had never really planned to use it until later in the game when the monsters that she meets aren't cute, little boars. Kasier was someone that wouldn't hurt a fly and if she could help it, she wasn't ever going to damage a mob. It was fine that she was in battle with someone else who attacks but she just didn't want to personally hurt another person or another animal. Her eyes showed of hesitation as she prepared to pull out her sword to deal damage but in the end, she was unable to make up her mind of damaging the boar and instead, decided that she would heal once more. "Sorry, I couldn't possibly hurt that little thing..." She said, looking down as she rushed over to the damage dealer and activated her <<First Aid>> skill, healing Jonathan to full health once more.

Spoiler

HP List
Jonathan: 23/24 (+1) (4% of 24 = 0.96)
   Energy: 2/6

Enemies:
Boar: 3/12

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan waited for the girl to attack. Instead, he felt another soothing warmth on his back. She said, she would not hurt the little thing. Jonathan sighed and moved in for the attack. He reached the boar as he readied his Snakebite Sword Art again. All Jonathan had to do is... Focus... He struck the boar twice with his sword. The boar burst into fragments of data and Jonathan sheathed his sword. He looked back at the girl and sighed. I did not get any boar meat. Sorry... We will also have to wait some for my energy to regenerate some. How about we go and pick some tomatoes or something for that time..." 

Spoiler

Jonathan 23/24

Kasier 4/4

64123 BD: 7 MD:5 LD:5

Edited by Morgenstern

Kasier could feel the disappointment coming from the blonde man as he sighed and struck the boar, killing it. Kasier wasn't brave enough to kill a mob... She wasn't strong enough to kill something... Even if it was just a pixel in a virtual prison. She knew that in this world, it was to kill... Or to be killed but she didn't agree with the saying at all. She wanted to heal... and that is what she will do in this world of Aincrad. Her road was already set the moment that she walked away from the safety of the inn. She was going to be a full-time healer and after she maxed out all her healing stats, she will then continue on and max out her mitigation, making her a wall which healed other players. In the end, she will become a healing tank. However, such a task is easy said then done and she must take it one step at a time, starting with one of the easiest quests available for low leveled players within the game.... And that is <<Earning a Living>>. "You need to recover energy huh? Well, I'm not too familiar with the combat system in this game but for my the other task I have to do for my quest... I have to find mushrooms so why don't we get that done in the meantime? I'm sure finding mushrooms wouldn't be that hard of a task." She said, looking around.

ID: 64128
LD: 7

Unfortunately, all around here were just patches of grass that didn't seem very significant to her completion of the quest. Indeed, there was no mushrooms nearby as far as she could tell. With a smile, she carried on walking and pointed to a location nearby. "Let's go check out that area!" She said, skipping over.

Edited by Kasier

Mushrooms huh? I think I can find those... Jonathan began to look in the patches of grass by a small tree. I did not know earning a living would be so hard... Jonathan got down on his knees and began to search. The tall grass was getting in the way though. Jonathan stood up and slashed the grass with his sword, making it smaller. He found a rock. Jonathan grabbed the rock and chucked it as far as he could. Dang it! He really was not helping the girl at all. Jonathan turned to meet Kasier's crimson eyes. "Nothing over here..." Jonathan began to look at Kasier and think. If she wants to be a healer, she won't put any of her stats into combat... meaning she will be very vulnerable to something attacking her... Jonathan focused back and noticed he was staring. Jonathan moved his head away quickly. 

Spoiler

64139 LD:1

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 64142
LD: 7

(I hope I didn't make this too hard xD)

Kasier sighed. The party of two was not having any luck at all whilst trying to obtain the two mushroom materials. Since this was one of the easiest quests available to the players of Aincrad, she had not expected this quest to take as long as it is taking. Eventually, she will definitely have to invest in her looting skills because this will not do it at the moment. Her red eyes scanned the area, searching for additional mushrooms that she can add to her inventory so she can get one step closer to becoming a cook. Kasier looked up and saw Jonathan grabbing a nearby rock and chugging it across the land. The frustration on him was quite obvious but Kasier noticed that the stone had gone quite far, mostly due to the muscular build that he has. Once more, Kasier moved on and as she walked, began to speak, "Geez... Finding mushrooms sure is harder than I thought it would be. Sorry if this takes too much time... If you want, I can do this by myself and then ask you for the killing of a boar." She said, not wanting to waste the man's time if he didn't want to help as she once again failed to spot any mushrooms in the distance. This takes way too long. She thought, becoming rather frustrated with her luck as well. However, the day was still far from over and she had plenty of time to complete this quest.

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan smiled at the girl. She looked sorry for the time it was taking them to find stuff. Jonathan Looked again and said, Ill be here all day looking for mushrooms if I have to... Jonathan looked around some more. There had to be some around here. Jonathan looked on the ground. Where were they? He seen something in the grass, Jonathan thought Finally, but it turned out to be nothing of interest. Jonathan sighed. He had to help the girl in some way. 

61416 LD: 13

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 64153
LD: 17

(My dad, RNGesus has returned the call)

Kasier sighed. The hunt for mushrooms was taking way too long for her liking. She knew that this game was quite grind based and hence things took a lot of time unless your stats are way stronger than the level of the quest. She had heard that some people spent all day searching for materials for this quest so it would be expected that this quest took quite a long time. Still, it wasn't as if she was in a hurry or anything. In fact, she was having quite a bit of fun walking out here on the fields because she had never been out here before and the scenery was beyond her belief. With a smile, she carried on walking, hoping that somehow, someway, she will be able to find a mushroom and relief herself of this unstoppable frustration. She knew that plenty of people in the the world of Aincrad did not possess a profession and now she knew exactly why they didn't have any. This quest was extraordinarily dull and contained lots of material gathering and mob fighting as well. Still, that would be given... Since this was considered one of the hardest RPG games in the world at the moment. With her eyes pealed on the ground, she finally spotted something brown on the ground. Indeed, she had finally done it! She had found the first mushroom that she needed to find and now... she hoped the floodgates would open and all the mushrooms would come rushing in. "Hey! I finally found one! One more to go!"

Mushroom (1/2) 

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan watched as Kasier found a mushroom. She was the only one tat was actually doing something. Jonathan sighed and looked back to the ground. It was about three in the afternoon now, so they needed to speed things up. Jonathan had to focus on the ground. He searched and searched but found nothing. Jonathan's energy had returned. He walked over to Kasier. "Hey, my energy is back... I am going to get the meat, you can keep searching for some mushrooms. Jonathan walked away.  moving toward the boars. At least this way she could not get targeted. 

64155 LD:6

Edited by Morgenstern

ID: 64157
LD: 16

"Okay!" She said, holding an ok sign with her right hand as she carried on searching for mushrooms. Indeed, it was probably wise to split up and look for different types of needed materials at the time in order to make the quest less time consuming. Although she wanted to get this quest finished as quickly as possible, she would still look at the beautiful scenery that she had been staring at for quite the time now. As she switched her eyes from Jonathan who was walking towards the boars at this point to the sky which was bright yellow. Sure, it was quite unrealistic for the sky to be yellow at three o'clock. The day was only half way finished yet it seemed like the time was seven already. Birds were flying home to find shelter and stay safe for the night. Certain packs of boars returned back to their home, leaving the solo boars out there on their own, being easy prey for players who were hunting for materials and experience after noon time. She had wanted to have lunch but she guessed that she would just have to pass on that and have a big dinner in a restaurant or something. Kasier shook her head, she mustn't be distracted from her task at the moment. And soon enough, she spotted another mushroom in the distance. Without hesitation, she picked it up and ran towards Jonathan. Now all they had to do was get the boar meat and the quest would be completed. "Hey Jonathan! I found the last mushroom! Let's go get that boar meat now!" She shouted, running across the landscape.

Mushroom (2/2)

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan watched a boar grazed in the grass. This was his chance. He pulled out his sword and it illuminated a bright green light once again. Jonathan smirked and charged the boar. Jonathan just had to focus. He calmed down and tried to make some good contact. The blade past the boar slightly. It was a few inches away from contact. The pig squealed and fell over from the surprise. Jonathan backed away. Then he head Kasier say she found the last mushroom. Now Jonathan just had to a find a piece of boar meat. The pig got up with a snort. Now the real battle was going to begin. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 24/24

Boar 12/12 64160 BD: 5 MD: 1

Edited by Morgenstern