[PP-F2] Taking the throne <Itzal and Morgenstern> <<Long live the Queen>>

Itzal stood in front of the quest board.  He hadn't taken many quests lately and he needed to get ahead of the curb.  Unfortunately most of them were on higher floors and he wasn't ready to face them as a lowish level scout.  Maybe when he had better evasive and mit.  But for now he just stood staring at a quest in particular.  The quest was long live the queen, and it was on floor two, thus why he was here.  Yet he saw it's damage and was worried it might be too much for someone who wasn't a tank.  He needed the experience though and he was already so far behind everyone else.  With Ulises under control he could be with other players without worrying about snapping like he had with Morgenstern.  As he recalled that particular event he regretted it once more and wished he could apologize to him.  He wouldn't blame it on Ulises because it was his fault Ulises existed in the first place.  He should have noticed his anger building up and should have gone to a professional in that line of work.  Nonetheless the mistake was made and he had to accept the consequences.  He'd accept anything besides death as a proper payment.  Sighing he took the quest, hoping he wouldn't die along the way.  Velnia looked at him curiously before getting a little excited at having a quest again.  So much so that she flew into the air and gave a cry of joy.

Jonathan walked on Floor two. He did not feel like being on floor three. It just did not seem right. Nathan had wandered off again, and since he had not friended him, he was not sure if itzal was still alive. Then a strange sound catch his attention. A small purple dragon caught his attention. Velnia? Jonathan walked forward. He seen the black haired boy that had gone crazy the last time he had seen him. He seemed a bit Weary. Jonathan smiled and walked up to the dark haired boy. "Well, Someone is seeming to be a bit better than the last time i saw him" Jonathan smiled. Being with someone he knew made things a bit more light. 

Itzal turned around at the voice and half rejoiced half pained at seeing Jonathan.  He had a smile on his face but Itzal could see in his eyes that what happened before would never be forgotten.  How could it?  Still he lowered his head, eager to get this off of his chest.

"Jonathan I."  He began asking himself how he would start off?  He could hear a whisper in his mind telling him to blame it all on Ulises but he ignored the voice.  'I can't just give an excuse and ignore the consequences,' he told him.  'Let me take the blame.'  He looked at Jonathan in the eyes, the pain of understanding what he had done showing.  "I cannot make any excuses for what happened.  There was an issue I never admitted to myself and therefore It's my fault I got out of hand.  You didn't deserve what you saw, nor what you had to fight.  I'm willing to accept any payment or punishment you deem necessary besides death if only you could forgive me." He hesitated before this last part.  "If my punishment is receiving no forgiveness then I'll accept it."  And there he felt silent.  He finally said it.  Now he awaited Jonathan's reply.  Would he be angry?  Bitter?  Unforgiving?  Or would he understand Itzal?  Would he have pity on him?  'Anything but pity' Ulises muttered faintly.  Velnia landed on the board and said nothing as she waited for his response as well.

Jonathan listened as Itzal talked and tried to explain himself. I do not need your apologies. I completely forgive you for what happened. As long as it does not happen again. I don't think a bit of anger should stop a team to prevent death.... So what brings you to floor two?  Jonathan smiled and pointed at the purple dragon. ...And Why are you so happy? Jonathan looked over at some players who were kissing. Jonathan almost gagged and turned his head. That's something I did not want to see... Jonathan opened his menu and equipped his sword and armor. Xion the blacksmith had not yet finished his shield so He did not have that. 

Itzal relaxed when he heard Jonathan's statement.  He was relieved that there was no hard feelings.  was about to explain when he almost gagged.  He turned to see what he was looking at and saw a pair of players who were kissing.  A little confused at why he would gag at this, Itzal wondered if the two players were one of those couples who had been together a long time, were already married, or had just met each other and wanted to jump into it.  You know, the intimate dating relationship, the beautiful relationship, or the I just want a girlfriend kind of relationship.  Itzal mentally sighed.  He was never good with girls, or friends until this game, but he still wanted someone to be with.  Yet it didn't look like that was going to happen.  He felt that whoever he ended up with he hoped she would have the same interests as his but with the opposite personality.  He now answered Jonathan's question.

"We haven't done any real quests, so I decided we should try one.  When I finally accepted a quest Velnia got excited.  Something about a wind wasp queen that drops a powerful alchemical potion if killed.  Figured I could use the experience and if the potion isn't worth it I could sell it.  If you want you can join us."  He did hope Jonathan would join.  He wondered if he'd ask about the quest or if he decided it was best left unsaid.  If he did ask there would only be so much he'd tell Jonathan.  That was a little personal after all.  'While your at it make me sound a lot more stronger than how I was,'  'Don't worry,' Itzal replied mentally, 'if he asks I'll tell him you weren't at full strength.  Now please stay quiet for the rest of the day.  We made a deal and if you break it I swear I'll enter the meditation state tonight and beat you silly again!'  To this Ulises went silent.  Pleased he had some quiet, he smiled at Jonathan.

Jonathan listened as Itzal explained he was doing the Long Live the Queen Quest. Then the black haired boy seemed to be thinking to himself for a moment. Oh, The long Live the queen quest. Sure I can Accompany you... But I assure you it is much to easy. We can have it dead by the time it hits any of us. It should be quite easy. Jonathan sent a party invite and moved forward. Having him already done the quest he knew exactly where to go. Quest... How had itzal's quest gone? Well It was not any of his business... I am not going to ask about the quest, but... That bracelet... When I uncovered It you went mad... Where did you get it? 

Itzal accepted the invite instantly and began following Jonathan.  Obviously he had done this quest before.  He placed a hand on the gentle bracelet which had slipped a little bit from it's hiding place and pulled it into view.  Ever since the fight it's duration was dropping pretty quickly.  He'd have to have it replaced soon.  Still, the bracelet was no reason to lose control.

"I had it crafted after I found a verbana flower patch on the first floor.  It was a little after my first week.  I'd been training and fighting so hard that I had completely forgotten about my life in the real world.....  My sister Aimi loved these flowers.  She'd put one in her hair every time she saw one...  She was the nicest person if I've ever met one.  Though I did meet another girl in this game who greatly reminded me of her.  After seeing the flowers I collected some, promising that I'd never forget her again.  So I had a tailor craft the bracelet for me."  He paused, realizing he had no idea who actually crafted it.  "Actually I don't recall the player who made it for me.  Weird.  I think I was so focused on the bracelet at the time.  I think she was a red head though...  Well no matter the reason for it being crafted I shouldn't have reacted like that.  And I promise, I have him- it under control now."  Itzal forgot that nobody knew about Ulises and he hoped his mistake was missed by his very swift recovery.

OOC- don't think I'm pressing you to ask Itzal, it's his personality he's adjusting to thoughts in his head  XD

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened as Itzal spoke. He explained that he had received it from a flower patch on the first floor a little after the first week. Well he had recieved the flowers. Then Itzal said, My Sister Aimi... Jonathan stopped in his tracks. He heard Itzal saying words but could not make sense of them. Jonathan's heart pounded as he lost vision of reality and seen a darker blond headed girl smiling at him. She had green eyes and a warm smile. Jonathan could hear the word Sister... repeat itself in a raspy voice. This was his sister... at least how he imagined her. His mind drifted back to the day that his father had told him that he had a sister... and his Mother was yet still alive.... Jonathan's focus returned. His face was a deathly pale but slowly returned to color. Jonathan returned to walking forward, acting as if nothing happened. They were reaching the area soon. 

When Itzal turned to Jonathan he was shocked to see him slightly pale but returning to color.  Did he say something wrong?  He shot a glance at Velnia and saw that she was watching Jonathan with a worried, kind of motherly expression.  Something was definitely wrong.  He went over what he had said in his mind but he couldn't think of what he'd said.  He turned to Jonathan again with a genuinely worried expression.

"Hey, are you alright?"  He was worried for Jonathan but he knew very well that if he didn't want to give an answer or any explanation that he should leave him be.  A personal issue or problem was not to be shared to just anyone.  And besides, he hadn't known Jonathan that long at all.

OOC- I won't be able to post for a little while but I will asap

Jonathan watched as Itzal turned to Jonathan looking worried. Even Velnia seemed a bit worried. "Oh, trust me it's nothing..." Jonathan said in a rather light voice. He continued forward, as he reached the area. Jonathan cleared his throat and spoke. "Now, to awaken the queen, you must mess with her babies. They are quite weak and will fall quickly. Jonathan unsheathed his sword and stabbed the ground. Just as the last time, four Wind Wasps shot out of the ground. If Jonathan hit them, they would fall easily. Jonathan moved in. He slashed at the first on, then at the second, then the third, then finally with the fourth. A bright red square was formed and the energy shot out and hit all four perfectly. All of the Little wasps shattered into many fragments. Jonathan sheathed his sword. The queen should arise in a minute or so. I just used all of my Energy so I won't be able to use many skills now... 

Spoiler

Jonathan 36/36  2/9<<12 Mit  5 Damage>>

Wind Wasps x4 0/15  <Vertical Square used>> 5x4=20-3=17 DMG

65064 BD:6

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal drew his black blade Retributor as he waited for the queen to arise.  He also covered his face with his hood and mouthpiece as he always did before a fight.  He nodded to Jonathan who shared his status.

"Don't worry, I can land a few strikes.  If she has no mit than this should end quickly."  He had no idea where this queen would appear from so he went ahead and hid behind a tree.  As Jonathan slashed at wasps he began to hear an extremely loud buzzing.  He almost gasped when he saw a huge hornet appear out of nowhere, vicious and angry with a large stinger ready to pierce anyone nearby hurting her children.  He noticed two medium sized wasps by her side as well (just trying to keep the thread going, if you think bodyguards are too much ignore them the next post and I'll edit) and seemed to be leveled with Jonathan though because Itzal was here they wouldn't drop any loot.

Mob info:  Hornet Queen:  50 hp  <>  12 dmg  <>  0 mit     -     Wasps:  hp:  18  <>  4 MIT  <>  6 dmg

Jonathan watched as the queen arised. The gigantic Majestic roared a buzz. There was two smaller wasps by her side. Jonathan could not do much damage with as low of energy as he had now, but Itzal probably could. The player was a few levels higher. He just had to get some attention. Jonathan dashed forward. He leapt up at the Wasp Queen. He had taken her down once, He could do It again. Sister... Jonathan hesitated and fell to the ground. He backed up to his ally. Jonathan looked at the queen, but in a slight daze. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 36/36 Energy 2+1-2=1/9

Itzal ?/?

Queen Bee 50/50

Wasp A 18/18

Wasp B 18/18

65070 BD:3 MD:5

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as Jonathan fell to the ground.  As he dashed over to protect his friend he thought to himself. 'There's definitely something wrong.  I hope he'll tell me what's really wrong.  He charged forward as the three monsters prepared to bit him, leaped over Jonathan and used vertical square, hitting all three and landing a bleeding effect on them.  Screw avoiding taking damage, if it meant helping Jonathan while he was dealing with something.  He roared at the three, drawing them away from his friend.

ID#  65071

BD:  9

MD:  1

Result

-----------------

Queen:  30/50 (bleeding added)

Wasp a:  3/18. (4 base + crit + vertical square - 5 MIT = 15.  Bleeding added)

Wasp b:  3/18. (ditto)

Jonathan:  36/36 <> 1/9

Itzal:  44/44 <> 3/11

OOC- Sorry using my phone

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched in a daze as Itzal charged forward striking the three wasps. The two smaller wasps were in the red. Jonathan lifted his sword. It felt much heavier than before, but Jonathan raised it. He had just enough energy to do the rank one Sword skill. The sword gleamed a bright red light. Jonathan dashed forward, striking the Queen Twice. The queen buzzed and backed off, Moving its attention back to Jonathan. As Long as he had the queens attention everything would be good. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 36/36 0/9 1+1-2=0

Itzal 44/44

Queen:  18/50 Bleeding 1/1

Wasp a:  3/18. Bleeding 1/1

Wasp b:  3/18. Bleeding 1/1

65073 BD:9

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal noticed that Jonathan struggled with his sword but managed to use the last of his energy to steal the queen's hate.  After that the two wasps jabbed their stingers into Itzal's chest, dealing pretty good damage while the queen made a strong strike at Jonathan.  The bleeding finished them off and all that was left was the queen.  He charged snake bite and made the final blow on the queen.  He didn't look at the loot menu as he pulled off his hood and mouthpiece and looked at Jonathan meaningfully as he helped him up.

ID#  65076

BD:  9

MD:  10

Result

-------------------

All mobs deceased.  Dmg:  bleeding (8) + 4 base + crit + snake bite = 10

Itzal:  36/44  (6 + 1 - 3 MIT = 4 dmg)

Loot:  stinger (more details later)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as each of the wasps burst into a brilliant light, and shattered. Jonathan sat on his knees on the ground. A single tear dripped from his cheek. Sister... The word haunted him like an unforgotten melody. The word burst in his head, driving anger, sadness, and disappointment all in one ball. Jonathan felt Itzal help him from his crouched position. A few tears laid on his face but Jonathan wiped them away. He put a smile on his face but it slowly faded back to a grimace. I... I am sorry... It's really nothing... 

Itzal watched him cautiously and with much grief.  It was obviously not nothing, especially if it caused Jonathan to cry.  Nonetheless it was up to Jonathan to decide how to handle it.

"I'm here if you need me," he said with sincerity.  "I wouldn't have many friends if you hadn't suggested that quest Jonathan.  It really was worth it."  He hesitated and continued with a smile.  "What I had to do was.  No, I'd like you to see it for yourself.  It's worth it though."  He sighed as Venia landed on his shoulder with a big smile for his quick victory.  He smiled back.  "Yeah it was actually pretty easy wasn't it? I should be able to do that over and over again easily."  He turned to Jonathan.  "We can hang out a bit if you want, or if you need some time we can part ways for now.  But either way."  He sent a friend request.  "So we can find each other again easily."

Jonathan listened to the dark haired boy speak, then sent him a friend request. What Jonathan thought was he was referring him to the same quest He had told Itzal to do. Calming the Soul. He did not see how an in game quest could help him, but he would end up giving it a shot. Jonathan stood. He looked at the boy and smiled. You are a good friend... I would love to stay and chat, but I think I must be off in a sec. I have a job to do. And it happens to be on the sixth floor. Jonathan sighed and disbanded the party. He awaited Itzal's response to see if He had anything to say. 

Itzal hesitated before nodding.  He was worried about him going to floor six at first but he recalled that Jonathan was a tank, not like Itzal, and could take little damage from strong opponents.  Still.

"If you every want my help just let me know ok?" he said.  "I'm free most of the time."  Velnia glided by Jonathan and licked him on the cheek once before landing on Itzal's shoulder.  He smiled.  "She's eager to see you again too."  He decided it was time to let Jonathan be.  He raised his hand to shake his friend's in parting.  "Stay strong," he said and smiled one last time before his friend headed off.  "Don't survive ok?  Live.  There's a big difference and you'll be happier if you do.  Trust me."

OOC-  After your next post I'll make one last one then end the thread ok?

OOC Don't Survive... Live... XD

Jonathan listened as Itzal made his farewell's. Itzal told him to survive. Jonathan could probably take any damage they put out for him. Jonathan smiled again, and then headed for Urbus. He was going to have to head for floor six. If Itzal could complete it, So could Jonathan. Jonathan smiled as he walked off. Sister... Jonathan began to run. There must have been some kind of truth somewhere. Anywhere.

Sister...