[PP-F17] (Quest) Earning A Living...Again (Calrex)

My collection of items will be great. I will amass all the treasures this world has to offer and become stronger in the process. Aincrad is no more than a playground for those of us at this level. More of a sandbox for Takao and Calrex but nonetheless a playground for us. I intend to enjoy every inch of my climb tot he top. But first I should gather materials as some of the items I require must be made from those of a differing profession.

Despite the inner monologue plaguing the blonde, he still managed to locate materials randomly generating around him. The landscape proved perfect for gathering and now the golden haired boy planned to take advantage of it. Plucking the ore from the ground, the blonde shot a PM over to Calrex and asked him to tag along. The two had more things to discuss anyhow.

ID: 65387 LD: 15 (5+10) [+1 Material. 1 Material Total]

ID: 65389
Loot Dice: 20 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 23 (Materials Found)

With a small yawn Calrex looked at the expanse of the floor as he stepped out onto the sand-ridden surface of the ancient Greece-themed seventeenth floor, putting his hands into his pockets, "What the heck am I doing out here anyway? I should be practicing the ideas that Baldur showed me. If I don't I'm going to lose my focus."

As he looked further out he saw what appeared to be a golden haired person digging in the sand, most likely looking for materials, "Eh, might as well lend a hand I guess. Hey there do you need any..."

As he got closer he recognized the person in front of him, almost giving a laugh, "Hey Oikawa, didn't expect to see you out here. Did you change your hairstyle and color? I almost didn't recognize you for a second."

Looking down he saw what appeared to be a precious ore, kneeling down and picking it up, "I'm guessing you're in need of more materials?"

Loot List: 1 Material

Crimson eyes flicked to the approaching figure as a familiar voice filled the air. Turning to face the bluenette, the blonde grinned. "I suppose you could say that. Tired of looking so approachable hehe. Now I'm a little more menacing no?" Brushing a hand through his hair, Oikawa spotted another ore and plucked it from the ground and pocketed it. "To answer your question though, I'm always in need of materials. Especially when I buy my castle turned smithery. I'll need enough materials to fill it with items more grand than this game can offer. It's rather materialistic to be fair."

ID: 65390 LD: 21 (11+10) [+1 Material. 2 Materials Total]

ID: 65393
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2  Item +1) = 7

"Heh, fair point. Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say menacing, but to be fair with everything we've faced not many things can really do that for me anymore. I guess you could say I've kind of numbed myself to it."

Calrex gave a friendly smirk he looked down, picking up what he thought to be another piece of ore. Unfortunately, as he did it crumbled when it met the gust of wind that had blown by, "Geezes I guess that once was pretty worn down. In any case it is good to amass an armory, at the least so that you'll have something to suit every occasion. Just don't go pulling a Sin of Greed trope or anything alright? Heh."

Dusting his hands off the bluenette looked around, trying to discern another spot for ore deposits, "So you're planning on getting a castle? Where were you thinking about nabbing one? I think the old headquarters of the Azure Brigade may still be up for grabs on the thirteenth floor, although I'm not sure how many people would enjoy the scenery where that one is established."

"Fair enough. Intimidating you would be more of chore than taking on Rohk again." Searching the area for more ores himself, Oikawa opted to follow Calrex as maybe he some better indication where more deposits can located. Looking up, he continued. "But yes I do plan to purchase a castle and to be honest buying the Azure Headquarters wouldn't be such a bad idea. I wonder how much it sells for for right now. Or rather is it even up for sell. Hmm. We should look into that haha." Moseying around the area some more, the blonde failed to locate anything worth his time. "Hmm this spot is rather barren. 

ID: 65394 LD: 12 (2+10) [+0 Material. 2 Materials Total]

ID: 65395
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Materials Found)

"Check behind you Oikawa. I think you might have just missed it."

Looking behind the footsteps of his teammate Calrex knelt down and picked up another ore, "These deposits are spread in a rather odd fashion. I guess the spawning algorithm must be significantly more complex on this floor. Also, don't remind me of Rohk man. That thing was just...I still can't tell if we were the ones that messed up, because things just came out to a hollow victory at best."

Looking around the bluenette continued to scan the landscape, "Hey Roc, see if you can check some of the farther areas. There might be some we might miss if we don't grab from them."

As his familiar took off he looked back over, "I guess purchasing an established building might be good, but I wonder how much work and col it would take to change all of the furnishings. Besides, waking up to the doom, gloom, and wailing cries of the corrupted humans on that floor can only be entertaining for so long before it becomes like cats trying to sing, right?"

"Hmm," sounded the blonde as he looked to his heel. Collecting the ore, the blonde sighed and nodded as the bluenette spoke on the randomized spawn rate for materials on this floor. "It would seem that way. As far as Rohk is concerned, I've opted to take that fight for what it was. A difficult boss challenged by unprepared frontliners. We are at fault for that fight and we lost our dear friend and my mentor, Azide because of it. All we can do is learn and do better." Snooping around at the rocks clustering together, the blonde decided that the cluster wouldn't be profitable and opted to resume the conversation at hand. "I suppose your right. Maybe somewhere is a better idea hehe." 

ID: 65396 LD: 14 (4+10) [+0 Materials from search. +1 Material from Calrex. 3 Materials Total]

ID: 65399
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Materials Found)

"Fair enough. It's been too long for any of us to be dwelling on it in a negative light. It's already been more than a few floors since the Rohk fight. We've just gotta learn from what's happened and plan our best to not let it happen again."

Spotting yet another precious crystal poking out from the ground Calrex walked over and picked it up, "Huh, I guess my old senses as a material gathered haven't really died out after all. As for the HQ, maye we'll save it for when we find ourselves a more appealing floor. If we're really going to try and take the coalition as far as we can, we might as well do it right, heh."

"Certainly," agreed the blonde as he managed to procure another materials as well. Turning to face the bluenette, the golden haired rapier wielder mused on a perfect location for their headquarters. Personally floor seventeen wouldn't be such a bad idea. The air of authority and mythology surrounding it is rather peculiar as well as inviting. I think it's fitting for my eventual house or the location of our base of operations. "Say Cal, what do you think of this floor? Would it be worthy of making our headquarters home?"

ID: 65400 LD: 20 (10+10) [+1 Material. 4 Materials Total]

ID: 65513
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18 (Materials Found)

"This floor? Heh, to be honest I probably haven't explored enough of it to form an opinion about it. However, the theme is certainly much more pleasant than the last few floor that we were stuck on save maybe one or two along the way. It may not be the place where we should permanently set up shop, but if I had to make a choice right now I would be for setting up an HQ here in the meantime, at least until somewhere better comes along."

As he picked up yet another ore the bluenette gave a nod, "You've probably seen a lot more of what resides here than I have. How accurate to the time period do you think the designers got this place? I don't see any chariot races or other extracurricular activities outside of our usual grind of fighting monsters day in and day out."

"Temporary might very well be better put. As for the accuracy, whose to say? We only know so much about the time period ourselves. That said, i think architecturally it lives up to expectation, as far as monsters are concerned, I expected more Greek themed quests to come with this floor. But leave it to fate to tarnish those thoughts hehe."

Glancing back to the grassy fields they continued to traverse, the blonde spotted an ore and pocketed it. "Back on topic, I think this place may serve well as a temporary HQ."

ID: 65852 LD: 25 (15+10) [+1 Material. 5 Materials Total]

ID: 65854
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Materials Found)

"Heh, well certainly noted then, so I guess we'd just have to check with the others before executing that plan. The question after that would be amassing funds, as we certainly aren't made of col."

Seeing yet another material become visible to his eyes the bluenette walked over, bending down and picking up the reflective ore, "Looks like another one. I guess my old practice of material gathering back when we were lower level is still being useful, heh."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he looked around the landscape, "Yeah, they certainly nailed the architecture alright. I guess in some ways the buildings without the culture that made them can make the floor feel half complete. I thought at least we'd be getting some kind of war between man and the gods or something to that equivalent. Maybe fight Medusa or something to that effect. Right now all I ever see are a bunch of angry lions and half naked soldiers everywhere."

"I beg to differ hehe plus we can always get a loan from Takao," joked the blonde. "And I know you aren't made of Col because you are to busy swimming is SP." Humored by their chit chat, the golden haired man nearly ignored the perfectly placed ore sprouting no more than two feet away from him. Commenting on the structure of the floor, Oikawa couldn't help but chuckle some more as Calrex detailed his exploration of the floor thus far. "The Lionesses are particularly nasty with the mechanics for the stats. They seem a tad stronger than your average floor mob, even for this floor and I've yet to encounter half naked soldiers though I'm sure I'm not missing out on anything."

Hmm, let's see how more materials I need to be set for a while. I have six right now so maybe 4 more should do it. "Hey Cal, how many materials you got in total there?"

ID: 65976 LD: 23 (13+10) [+1 Material. 6 Materials Total]

ID: 66025
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4 (No Materials Found)

""Fair point. Takao could probably fund the frontlines in items and gear for the next fifteen levels with the amount of money he's got, heh. But yeah, well, swimming in SP would be the closest thing, but I still feel like I don't have enough. As for the half-naked soldiers, consider yourself lucky. It gives a strange two-sided reaction. You look at some and feel worse about yourself, and others you look at and you feel better. Guess that's the way you can distinguish who's been training for longer."

Dusting off some sand for a bump in the road the bluenette gave a small sigh to himself as the rock he thought was another ore, but was just a regular hunk of stone. Getting back to his feet his dusted off his hands before putting them back into his pockets.

"Me? Let me check."

Swiping on his menu Calrex pulled up his most recently added items. Since in the past few minutes it was all materials that were added to his inventory, the count would be easy, "Looks like right now I've got five right now. How many do you think you'll need to keep crafting for a while?"

"Let’s shoot for forty? Sadly I go through ten a day without a respite so forty should keep me well stocked. That said, we'll need to start taking on monsters if we are to reach that goal so lets see if I can find us a dungeon to raid as well."
Stepping up to the ridge of rocks leading to a valley below them, Oikawa eyes glowed a brighter crimson as his Reveal mod kicked in. Scanning the cavern like structures surrounding the bottom of the valley, he skimmed from rock to rock for any signs of something more. However, his Reveal in fact revealed nothing. At least nothing close by. 
Shaking his head, Oikawa nodded to Calrex and continued along the path. "If there is a dungeon to be found, it isn't in our immediate vicinity. So if we want to continue searching for one, we need to go further out."

ID: 66131 LD: 11 (1+10) [No Sub Dungeon Found]

ID: 66175

Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20 (Materials Found)

"Sounds good, geezes man 40 materials? You're not the top blacksmith for nothing heh. In any case let's see if we can get forty."

While Oikawa began to look for the dungeon Calrex did one last look in their immediate location. Scanning the ground as they continued moving he saw yet another piece of ore, adding it to the inventory, "Well that's another one."

Heading his teammate say they needed to move further out the bluenette have a nod, "Alright then, hopefully we'll have a bit more luck."

Loot List:

1 Material

• 2 weeks later...

"I hope so as well," mentioned the blonde as he pressed further up only to halt and raw his blade. Looking to Cal he motioned for the bluenette to look at the creatures gathered below them. "That's what? Eight Cackle Jackals? Lets mop them up quickly then hehe." Wasting no time, the blonde jumped down the grassy hill leading into the valley and rolled into the pre-motion for Twilight Resurrection. The art activated, shooting him forward and propelling into four of the eight beasts. Kicking and jabbing, the blonde managed to nearly decimate his four before looking towards Calrex to check his progress. "You good over there?"

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 225| EN: 55| D: 13| M: 30| A: 4| E: 0

Orochi: +6 Damage

Ring of Satan: +3 Accuracy

Gate of Babylon: +3 Loot Die

ID: 66455 BD: 6 (2+4) [Twilight Resurrection: 13 x 5 = 80 - 40 = 40]

Oikawa: 225/225 E: 45/55

Calrex: 315/315 E: 70/70

x4 Cackle Jackal: 118/158 D: 51 M: 40 [-40 HP]

x4 Cackle Jackal: 158/158 D: 51 M: 40

ID: 66459
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 54 Remaining)

"Yep doing just fine over here!"

Since the jackals were yet to come into striking range Calrex gave a quick exhale before triggering <<Charge>>, rocketing forward before leaping upward, the Grand Blade II cackling alight with his <<Lightning Fall>> attack. The Sword Art reached maximum strength as the bluenette crashed into the ground, the electricity shooting forth and connecting with his four opponents.

Extracting his blade Calrex kept his eyes locked on the creature, his grip secured on his sword as he kept it in a ready position for another opportunity to attack, "Everything going alright over there?"

Oikawa: 225/225 E: 45/55

Calrex: 315/315 E: 54/70

x4 Cackle Jackal: 118/158 D: 51 M: 40

x4 Cackle Jackal: 72/158 D: 51 M: 40 [-86 HP]

"Just peachy," exclaimed the blonde as his own charged <Twilight Resurrection> manifested once more. Quickly tearing through each of the four mobs, his blade relentlessly carving itself into each and everyone of them as he thrust his blade. He checked their health; and audible "tch" sounding as they hadn't dispersed into crystals yet but rather they grew angry and hissed as they charged towards the blonde. Welcoming their onslaught, the crimson eyed youth deflected as much as he could as they continued their flurry of blows. Huffing, the blonde smirked. For the first time he was actually taking damage in fight since the tenth floor.

ID: 66731 BD: MD: 10 [Twilight Resurrection: 13 + 4 + 1 = 18 x 5 = 90 - 40 = 50]

Oikawa: 133/225 (-92) E: 36/55

Calrex: 315/315 E: 54/70

x4 Cackle Jackal: 68/158 D: 51 M: 40 [-50 HP]

x4 Cackle Jackal: 158/158 D: 51 M: 40

ID: 67320
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 41 Remaining)

"Alright, well just let me know if you need some heat taken off. I'm not sure if I'm able to gain hate from eight enemies at once, but it's worth a shot right?"

A flurry of claws came at Calrex once again, attempting to rip into his avatar. But the blows were far to slow, allowing him to easily weave in and out of the passing arms of the jackals. Crouching low he shot himself skyward once again, readying in the stance for <<Lightning Fall>>. Reaching the apex of his jump the descent began, electricity building up around the Grand Blade II with each inch covered back towards the ground. Coming to the optimum point he show his sword into the ground, dispersing the electricity across the ground.

Four bolts of lightning pierced the creatures, reducing their health to the smallest part of the HP bar. Extracting his weapon from the earth Calrex gave a small sigh to refocus, "Alright, just one more hit and these guys should be done!"

Oikawa: 133/225 E: 45/55

Calrex: 315/315 E: 41/70

x4 Cackle Jackal: 68/158 D: 51 M: 40

x4 Cackle Jackal: 14/158 D: 51 M: 40 [-58 HP]