[OP-F1] Scouting the Fields [No More Participants]

"Mari, huh?" Lycan repeated. "That was the other one then. I won't forget that name."

Already frustrated, Lycan's disdain toward this "Mari" character was clear to hear on his voice.

"Now, we going or what?" the teen barked, ready to leave with or without the blonde.

After some quips about the types of material she's made for players, Ariel jumped down from the tree. For a girl in a dress, she handled herself quite well. Then again, Lycan had seen her dispose of many floor mobs with her combat prowess. Maneuvering from a tree without losing control of her attire was a far simpler task in comparison.

"I don't want to know," the teen jutted in as she mentioned her wares and types of clients. Before he could say anything else, Ariel maneuvered her way beside him. Her presence startled the boy as she whispered into his ear. Her words began to simmer his temper until she sent him ajar with her final comment. Lycan snapped his head on a pivot fast enough to break it were this the real world.

"Excuse me?!" He blurted, more confused than angry. Even a small haze of red found its way to his cheeks. "I'm not like that."

Instinctively, the boy put his hands around his throat. The thought crossed his mind, but it certainly didn't work for him.

"No thanks," he snarled. "I'm no one's pet and certainly no one's dog."

Speaking of dogs, one such character approached the two. A man around both their ages, clad in dark colors with sharp and cunning features. Lycan remembered the face, but struggled to pin a name to it. Regardless, the teen caught a glimpse of the male's narrowed and threatening gaze. Above his head, an orange icon hovered. Lycan felt his skin prickle with the adrenaline of fight or flight.

"Just fine," Lycan shot back with ire. His body resonated with fight over flight, but the lingering thought of numbers deciding strength nagged at his mind. His fists tightened.

"I'm out of here, Ariel. If you want to chat or help me level, I'll be hacking away, looking pathetic on the forth floor." The teen spoke to the blonde as if the newcomer were invisible. Lycan had a hunch it was a feeling the fellow was used to. Then, Lycan directly returned Hikoru's narrowed gaze, focusing more on his orange icon than his actual face.

"Sir," was all Lycan offered the man. With a sarcastic half-bow, Lycan pivoted on his heels and hopped down into the busy streets just outside of town. Moments later, he merged into the foot traffic and disappeared, heading straight for the warp gate.

[Lycan Leaves the Thread]

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic