[PP-F5] Right Shark? <<Blood in the Sand>> <Itzal> Complete.

Beatbox decided that enough was enough and he would explore floor's he typically shouldn't be exploring, however he thought high risk? Well, it would equal high reward. But first he decided to sit in a local town to get a nice view of the area. After some time of looking out in the distance and seeing what there is to see he saw that an information broker was nearby. Beatbox sat up and walked over to his direction "Hey, is there anything interesting within this floor?" he asked him. He looked at Beatbox with a laugh "Interesting? No, this is just a floor full of sand! However, there is... one thing you could take on..." he told him. "A mini boss?" he questioned the information broker "Why yes, it was found to be a Shark, however... it can swim through the sand..." he told him. "Oh geez... that might be a little hard to take on myself... where is that boss anyways?" "Over there by the sand dunes, you can miss it." he said before walking off into the distance "See ya player.". Beatbox thought to himself for a moment, there was NO way he could take on this boss by himself. So, he figured he'd call someone he knew to help out take it down, he messaged Itzal for a bit of help.

To: Itzal

Hey Itzal! It's me Beatbox, hey I'm on Floor 5 and word goes that there is a mini shark boss in this floor that we can take down, care to join me? Coordinates to where I am at is attached. See you soon?

Beatbox sent the message and waited for Itzal to reply or appear in front of Beatbox within time.

Edited by Beatbox

Itzal was sitting on his chair by the fire playing his guitar.  Uilses had been rather quiet lately, sleeping longer than usual.  It bothered him that Ulises would become so lax but he didn't worry about it much.  A lot has happened lately and he understood why Ulises would withdraw.  He strummed his guitar a few times.  Although he was done making recordings he was not done with singing.  He wanted to practice a bit more since he was not yet a master.  As he strummed a few more times he wondered what would happen after he opened.  Would people actually come?  Would they even be interested?  He couldn't say but he needed the col for his project.  He was deep in thought when he had a message pop up in front of him.  He opened it up and saw that it was from Beatbox.  Grinning and quite eager to see how he was doing he read the details.  A mini boss?  Shouldn't they get a tank for this?  And floor five...  That was the desert one.  He smiled as he recalled the warmth the floor gave him.  The storms never caused him any problems after he had gained the survival skill, so he was able to enjoy the warmth with no issue.  He stood up and swapped Twilight cloak with Niger Natio and checked his inventory, confirming that he had the two tier 2 damage potions.  He placed one in his battle ready slot, as well as the greater health potion and three minor health potions.  Perhaps he should start using his healing songs next time.  He made his way over to the town and teleported to floor five.  He walked over to where Jonathan was and nodded.

"Hey Beat.  So we have a boss to fight?"

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox was laying down on a nearby bench in town and saw that Itzal was just a couple feet ahead of him, he jumped up with a smile and put his hand out to offer a fist bump. "Hey Itzal, and yeah, I was told of a mini boss that was nearby in some dunes that was found by a party, however I believe with our level and equipment, I'm sure we could potentially take this shark down." he said with a determined look. "Oh yeah, by the way its... a literal shark that swims through the sand... sounds pretty scary but I believe some have already taken on this boss and beaten it... must a be a respawning boss... however it doesn't really scare me at the moment... but if something terrible happens or if our HP gets too low, I will be retreating... just to be safe." he said with a concerned look. "It's over in that direction, it should take us a few moments to get there, however I don't believe we could not see the boss, its a shark... my assumption is its fin will be exposed above the sand to know its coming..." he said. Audio was on his head looking out in every direction, it was truly something Audio was not used seeing, sand!

Itzal walked up to Beatbox and made a fist bump with him.  They should probably make some kind of personal handshake.  He loved this guy.  He pulled down his hood and mouthpiece and looked in the direction he mentioned.  The desert.  He allowed the warmth to embrace him, filling him inside and out.  He breathed in deeply before exhaling.

"I love the warmth.  This floor is one of my favorites because of it.  Not like the snowy floor where you freeze up and become sluggish, noo.  It fills you with energy, keeps you active.  Warmth is one of my favorite things.  And as you might have already guessed the cold is not."  Itzal turned to Audio as it looked around anxiously at the sand filled floor.  He let out a warm chuckle.  "Never seen sand Audio?  Well you'll be seeing a lot more of it today.  We've got a little ways to go if it's where I think it is.  I've scouted this map before.  In that direction is a sort of half circle cliff with a lot of rocks near the entrance.  I think the boss should be there somewhere.  Makes sense.  And just because you see sharks do that in the movies doesn't mean it happens all the time.  My guess is that it will stay under the sand until it strikes at us.  We need to be ready.  Come on let's get going.  It's a bit of a walk so we might as well get started."  Itzal began to walk in the direction of the barren field and watched his friend follow.

"Really? You like the warmth a bit more? I am more of a cold person myself, however I like mild temperatures were its not too cold and not too hot either... boy is it hot here... but the only thing I don't like about this place is there is no real scenery to be seen here... all that's here IS SAND." he said with a little chuckle. He pet his familiar when Itzal was talking to it "Ah good, because I haven't honestly been here before, all I know to do here is to fight this sand shark, there is not even things I can collect to make food out of... what a shame..." he said with a disappointed look. "Well who knows what the shark will do, all I have been told is that its a force to be reckoned with, however I feel like we could be able to take down this boss no problem... all right lets head out, its not that far of a walk, but we got some time to talk I guess on the way there..." he said with a chuckle, as they walked towards the area Audio jumped off his head and landed in the sand, it was like watching he was discovering how to walk again or discovering what this even is, he tried running around but found he drags sand everywhere he walks and sometimes sinks downwards a little bit, which was funny.

Itzal laughed softly as Beatbox made fun of the scenery.  He hadn't had a good laugh in a while and he needed it pretty badly.  He listened to his friend talk about how the only thing he was good at was fighting.  Itzal shrugged.

"Sometimes this stuff happens.  Some people direct themselves completely to fighting.  I don't mind it myself but being a naturally curious, and cautious person I tend to want to scout out the area, learn the map and all it's secrets.  That's one of the reasons I chose to be a scout.  And you'd be surprised.  I've been here multiple times and there are actually some decent ingredients if you look hard enough and in the right places.  The key is knowing that there's a water source somewhere.  Once you've found the water source it's typically easy.  If you see birds or animals, you know that water is nearby.  It's a good trick to learn and very useful for crossing the desert.  It only took me a short time to figure out.  Also, despite what you think about there being nothing but sand, there's actually a lot of ores and crystals dotted across the landscape.  They move from location to location because of the constant winds of course but after a quest on this floor the sandstorms don't bother me."  He listened as Beatbox told him they really didn't know what to expect and he shrugged.  "I mean I just take what I know to be facts and create the scenario in my head.  I consider every one though and speak out the most logical.  However in case the most logical is wrong I have the other scenario's placed out as a back up.  It's good to be adaptable to whatever tactic is needed."

Beatbox nodded his head to let Itzal know he was listening to what he had to say, after he was done speaking Beatbox replied back with "Yeah, I know this stuff sometimes happens... I'm finding myself just to be a fighter, ...or a tank? I'm not too sure what the classification is for it... however I just want to deal damage and get the fighting done, a part of me does not like fighting at all, yet I still have to do it in this world... it's inevitable... and yeah, I guess I should remember that if I ever come back here... however I don't feel like I will be coming back to this floor anytime soon..." he said with a giggle. "I more of a planner as I go, thinking too much before hand sometimes will get your hopes up to the situation and sometimes the unexpected will come... sometimes its best off to not really think about it that much... however what we are going to be dealing with is a shark, there is not much too shark's it seems like they all fight the same, don't they?" he said as he looked over to Itzal.

Itzal listened as Beatbox said he didn't like fighting but he needed to in this world.  He felt like this player would be the most threatened in the front lines as you needed to be all about fighting to survive but it wasn't his place to judge anything.

"I mean you could join our guild once it's set up.  Our main intention is taking on apprentices to teach them how to handle themselves and when their strong enough they can join us on missions or dungeon raiding.  We plan on helping the front lines too, not only with providing more players but providing supplies and equipment and fighting in it ourselves.  If you don't want to join it's alright, we're just looking for possible members."  He listened more intently now as Beatbox started to share a bit of his own philosophy and Itzal sighed after he finished.  "I'm all about hope.  Hope is the drive that keeps me going.  I never think something is impossible until it's been tried.  There are so many different solutions to scenarios.  Life isn't like math where there's a single answer.  There are so many paths to take, so many mistakes and turns, so many ways.  I simply use logic to find the right path, and most of the time it works.  However we don't learn unless we make mistakes.  That's what I want to be I guess.  I want to be the one who holds onto hope so hard, that others gain hope as well.  I guess I want to be..  A beacon of hope."  He listened to Beatbox talk about how most sharks fight the same way and he grinned at his friend.  "I would debate that matter with you but I doubt you'd understand," he joked.  He listened again for Ulises but there was still silence.  Sighing he continued to walk.

"I'm not too entirely sure about joining a Guild right now..." he said with a rather sad look "I used to be a part of a Guild once, however we've disbanded since then, haven't seen any of them in days, weeks, hell... even months. I'm not too too sure about joining one right now.". He kept walking with Itzal and shook his head trying to forget about it, "Eh, I don't know what I really am about, typically I do not like fighting... but, the problem is with this world... it's inevitable, so I am forced too, I just like to cheer people up is all, I'm more laid back, I love the scenery... but, I have probably wasted too much time to see the scenery that this game has to offer. I think its about time I finally decided to join the fight, and eventually join the Front Lines someday." he gave a laugh after his joke and remembered that what we are dealing with is a shark, his fox would be dead if he didn't extremely watch him closely... theres no need to take any additional risks right now. "Audio... buddy, I think you should get out of here, its not safe ahead, we are almost there... I don't want you to die... alright?" he said as he petted his familiar, Audio after barking a bit decided to find somewhere to hide and wait for his owner to yell his name again.

Itzal nodded to Beat as he told him he didn't want to join any guild for the moment.  It was understandable and he held nothing against him.  He listened to to him as he talked about the inevitable and while Itzal disagreed he didn't push his point.  The player Rin he knew, never fought anything as far as he knew.  All she did was gather materials and run a shop while talking with others.  He saw nothing wrong with it as there were plenty of fighters as it was.  He heard Beat talk about how he wanted to join the frontlines despite the fact that they had the most battles of anyone.  He watched as Audio ran off to hide while waiting for the fight to be over.  Itzal looked at the ring of cliff and the individual, huge spear like rock pillars that marked the entrance.  As they walked into the ring Itzal looked around and felt like they were in an arena.  The cliffs were sloped so as to amplify this feeling.  As they stopped they looked around for the beast.  While they did Itzal recalled a potion of his and pulled out a tier 2 greater damage potion and used it on himself, amplifying his strength by four points.  This fight should be a quick one he thought.

- 1 tier 2 greater damage

Base 10 dmg for rest of fight

Beatbox had talked to him for a bit and they eventually found themselves in the area in question, he didn't need to grab anything because he had already... however, he figured... why not? He had a potion that added damage in his inventory that he hadn't used yet. He figured to try it out to see if it's worth trying to repeat again... however, he felt like it was a little too late for it.

He had looked around to see if he could spot the shark... looking for a fin or a giant movement of sand... and eventually he found it. He found a fin moving around in the sand, and it was coming towards me and itzal, pretty quickly if I might add. "He comes." Beatbox said as in ran into battle, his sword lit up in a flash of white as he prepared a sword art. The shark jumped out of the sand with his jaw opened ready to take Beatbox down with him.

ID: 67721

BD: 10 (EAT IT SAND SHARK.)

MD: 4-3=1

Even though the shark was only up and about for a short period of time, Beatbox still had enough time to strike the shark in a square formation, and it hit the shark really really hard. The shark faded back into the sand to try to get Beatbox from the behind, however Beatbox saw it coming and moved to the side, the Shark had landed on the sand and was ready to retreat again "Itzal! Your turn to strike!" he yelled out behind him.

Beatbox: 320/320 (EN: 24/32)

Itzal: 540/540 (EN: 54/54)

Sand Shark: 89/125 (Damage: 7 base + 2 Crit * 4 = 36.)

Edited by Beatbox
ITZAL, TELL ME WHAT YOUR LEVEL IS NEXT TIME.

Itzal watched as Beat landed a strike on the monster and took a sec to observe it.  It's skin was a bit like the color of desert rocks, a sort of reddish orange.  It's skin was rough too but Itzal didn't think it mattered.  After being struck the shark burrowed into the ground again.  Beat told Itzal that he was up and they switched places.  The fin didn't pop up through the sand again as it was learning.  With no visual on his target Itzal closed his eyes and focused on the ground.  He felt where the vibrations were coming from and began to think about how a shark would behave.  As he did he began to think in sync with the shark, figuring out it's next move.  He opened his eyes and began to run across the sand, seeming to attempting a retreat.  He was right and the vibrations ran to cut him off.  His sword glowed dark red as he charged his sword art and when the monster leaped up to snap it's jaws over Itzal he leaped into it's mouth, releasing the sword art as well as multiple other slashes as well, cutting it up entirely from the inside out and broke out of the other end as it shattered into pieces.  He stopped and was hardly panting as he looked at his partner and shrugged.

ID#  67724

BD:  10

Result

--------------

Shark is dead dead and dead

No one was harmed.  Not even the little cute fox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox saw Itzal take down this shark, almost like it was nothing. There was a thought in his mind that thought... "I thought this would be just a tad bit harder..." he looked at Itzal with almost an... annoyed look, as he felt he kind of got duped on this boss, he expected it to be just a little harder than that, I mean, we didn't even get a scratch on us... not even 1 HP was lost in that entire fight between me and itzal. "Well... that was... kind of... not very fun." he said with a disappointed look. "So... what do we do now?" he said to Itzal with a confused look. He called out for his familiar stating that it was safe, however Audio didn't come. "Audio? Where are you?" he said as he ran out forward, "Audio? Audio!" he called out for his name. "Where could he be...?" he thought to himself. Then he had a thought in his mind, technically this is a danger zone, mob's could fight at any time, he didn't see any around, but its mostly because of the blowing sand. Beatbox could only assume when he went out to hide it eventually found its way to a mob and eventually fall. It seemed like even now Beatbox should have taken an extra precaution over his familiar. Beatbox fell to the ground and pounded the ground once with a tear. Audio, is dead.

Itzal was expecting more of a fight and when Beatbox complained about the lack of entertainment Itzal shrugged.  "I mean, experience is experience man, what else do we fight these things?  Though yeah that was a little too quick wasn't it?  I guess we didn't need those potions after all...  Figures.  Just wasted a decent potion."  Itzal walked out of the cliff ring and stared out into the desert.  What should they do?  Itzal guessed that they could head for a different floor if they wanted.  Or maybe search for monsters or dungeons in the desert.  He didn't have a problem with that but he was almost certain that Beatbox would.  He didn't understand why people had such an issue with the desert.  Yeah the sand is hard to get out of your clothes, but that's if it gets in at all.  Itzal's outfit prevents that thanks to Ariel's design and technique.  Once that factor is removed he figured there wasn't much else to worry about.  Nothing at all.  That's when he heard Beatbox call out to Audio multiple times.  He turned around, narrowing his focus to search for the little fox but saw no sign of him.  "Maybe he got curious and decided to-"  He stopped when he saw Beatbox crying and realized that he must have assumed that the little fox was killed.  Itzal didn't see any signs of it as there would be monsters around if that were true, or a trap.  But he saw nothing.  He was guessing that little Audio was just probably lost.  However Audio's owner didn't seem to believe that.  Itzal walked over to his friend and sat beside him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Beatbox couldn't believe it, he had lost his familiar because he hadn't took an extra precaution to keep him safe. He shook his head in defeat that he should have done just a tad bit better to his familiar. He eventually pulled it together and did the only thing he could do: move on. His mind had a lot of thoughts like "It's just a game..." and "It wasn't real anyway..." and all he showed was a saddened expression. "It's going to be fine..." he told Itzal. "Walk with me all the way back to town if you would." he said as he walked outwards back out to town. "Tell me more about your guild, the more and more I think about it... I think its probably best for me to find myself in another Guild. In this game teamwork means everything, even life and death. And I don't know about you... I want to find myself leaving this game." he told him with a determined look on his face. He's trying his best to not let the fall of his familiar get to him, it was just lines of code, and he shouldn't let himself get too too attached to it.

Itzal watched as Beatbox forced himself to pull together.  He looked at Itzal with a saddened expression and told him to follow him to town.  Surprised and a little wary at how quickly he seemed to have recovered, he followed close behind him.  Then Beatbox asked Itzal to tell him about the guild.  “Well, we’re called the Celestial Ascendants and our main goal is to help raise lower leveled players to a higher level and or bring them to the front lines.  Ranks are still a little fuzzy but the overall idea is for the council members to take players in as apprentices, and once they’ve been trained enough and pass a test they become sentinels.  Sentinels can also take in apprentices and train them to become sentinels.  I’m not sure if we train any player, or players who join the guild whether temporary or for real.”  He heard Beatbox’ question and knew that it was a hard one.  “Well I do want to leave this world to see my sister.  However despite everyone’s hatred to the world and Kayaba, I think this world is not only beautiful in it’s own way, but useful.  I had no friends in the real world.  Zero, zip, none.  When I entered SAO I encountered some players who became my friends and they changed me for the better.  Without them I probably would have died of my own arrogance.  I don’t hate this world, but I don’t want to be trapped in it either.”

Beatbox listened to what Itzal had to say about the Guild and why he wanted to beat this game and it put a smile on Beatbox's face. He looked over with a smile and told him "Ah I see, training players who haven't been doing much in the game to get up in levels to become one with the frontliners... I see, however... I am not looking to be an apprentice as I know what I want to do in this world. And that's to be a tank, brush off damage and deal a bunch of damage is my way in this world and I am not really good in anything else, hell I struggle to find materials every once in a while. Possibly I could be a temporary member in your guild, if that's okay with you... I'm wanting to get out of this world just to see the light of reality again, see the scenery that the real world offers, and see the people I fought side by side with in this game... you, Alisa, hell... even some of the people who helped out the most in this game, however its unlikely that I'll ever meet them... but, I just want to get out to enjoy the fresh air that is reality once again... to be honest I never really had friends before this point either Itzal." he said to him with a determined look and a wink.

Itzal listened to Beatbox’s response and nodded to him.  Sure he could become a temporary member.  Itzal had no problem with it.  Beatbox could be a sentinel and maybe even take on an apprentice before it was time for him to leave.  The whole point of the guild was to help other players any way they could after all.  He listened to Beat as he talked about things he missed in the real world.  Nobody in particular, just the fresh sight of reality.  Itzal sighed.  “I haven’t had much of reality in the real world to be honest.  Most of my life was spent either being bullied at school, researching technology, tactics or designing, or playing video games.  I was locked up in my own room every chance I had.  And now I’m here.  In this immersive virtual reality.  I have to be honest it’s incredible and so very finely detailed.  Sure it’s not as impressive as the real world, just as the real world isn’t as impressive as…  Oh sorry, never mind about that last bit.  But despite that the only three differences between this world and the real one is the feeling, the extra bit the game adds in, and that you can’t reproduce here.  Other than that?  SAO is almost exactly like the real world.  There are opportunities, goals, dangers, pleasures, the list goes on.  That’s what I realized as soon as Kayaba gave the announcement.  And I know first hand that it’s just as likely to be killed in the real world as it is in SAO.  Every time you step out of your house, hell even in the house you’re in danger.”

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox smiled and giggle to Itzal's response to his comment "There is something about me that you probably don't know yet... I love the scenery, I like to fight my way through task's I typically do not like doing and brush it all off by looking at the scenery... it's calming to me somehow, and sometimes I miss the real world myself, however our time here is only temporary, so technically yes we have similarities to the real world... but... this world is more dangerous... in this world are player killers, people that would kill without remorse knowing that they die in the real world too, in this world... no one can stop you... and no one is going to know in the real world. If you die in this world the people in the outside world wont know how you died... all they can say is that you lost in this game and your brain was destroyed by the NerveGear. Sure, this game is beautiful in a way... but d*** is it dangerous beyond hell. We're all forced to pick up a weapon and fight, theres no other option than to stay in the towns secured by players and be a store owner... and that's it... I hate this world and love it in a way..." he said with a saddened look.

Itzal listened to his friend and his heart sank when Beatbox told him that bloodthirsty murderers were only in this world.  At least it seemed like he said that.  So he was another ignorant person of the truth?  Itzal sighed and shook his head.  Time to enlighten his giddy friend.  "Beatbox.  These playerkillers?  They're all over the real world too.  Terrorists, murderers, rapists, wars, the list goes on.  The only reason you probably haven't seen it yet is because earth is that huge.  We've only recently unlocked the eighteenth floor for crying out loud.  I bet you that the further we go they'll either all come out of hiding and go on a killing spree, only to be stopped by the highest level players, or become less and less seen.  That's the way of it Beatbox.  Don't believe me?  Both of my parent's were murdered in front of me at the age of six, point blank, in cold blood, all for some lols.  The real world is just as cruel as this one Beatbox.  The only difference is that here everyone has a fair chance to get on their feet.  Sure if you fight a monster several levels higher than you your screwed but then it would be your own fault, not the system's.  Our choices can change our perspective here Beatbox.  I've seen earth at it's worst and I know that this world can't be any better, or worse than Earth.  You know why?  Because earth has been corrupted by sin, and a sinful man created this world.  That's just how it works."