[PP-F10] Shadows and scouts <Itzal, Hikoru>

OOC- until I grandmaster the sword skill staff is letting me keep Ulises so he'll be in this thread :p.  I also realized that I'll need to get a strong MIT potion as I'll be tanking this dungeon.  Gulp.  Better get my supplies XD

Itzal was back on the tenth floor.  He chose this floor so that he could practice his scouting skills with this sharp darkness.  It reduced his chance of finding anything but not by much.  And as long as he avoided unwanted attention he should be fine.  He walked out of the gates of the town and into the dark cavern.  However not all of it was dark.  Occasionally he'd come across one or two large glowing crystals and although they didn't pierce the darkness enough to light the way, they did keep the player's eyes from adjusting to the darkness.  And that was what really kept Itzal from seeing things well.  The constant transition between the dark and light.  As he surveyed the land, trying to map down more of the floor on the sheet of paper that he had begun when he and two other players, namely Baldur and Hirru, had done the banshee quest together.  He was almost useless at first but he was able to deal enough damage on the banshee for the stronger players to kill her in two hits so there was that.  As he did Ulises paid half attention to the land around as he contemplated on what was going on.  He was deteriorating but he was able to hold himself together for now.  He needed to if he was to hand over his technique to Felix.  It wasn't quite ready yet though so he needed to hold on a little longer.  However Felix was getting upset at how he dropped out at the worst moments so he promised himself he'd hold out today.  Tomorrow he'd finish the technique and teach it to Felix before fading away.  He just hoped nothing happened to Felix until then.

@Hikoru

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikoru breathed as he stood at his designated area of his cave on floor 10, his home nowadays. No players really came here, so it was the perfect place for him to get used to using the shadows as his ally, and today was no different. He breathed as he looked around the giant cavern, jumping around onto the different levels of the rocky terrain. The last time he was with anyone else on this floor was when he did the Banshee Quest with his companions Lowenthal and Jomei, who had scared the crap out of him when they had gone into the insane asylum to fight the beast. He shuddered at the thought and did his best to avoid that area as much as he could. He was resting quietly, when suddenly he heard footsteps. He looked down to see a young player in his territory. Quickly opening his HUD and equipping his ring, he grabbed a nearby rock and threw it at the player, the small rock pixelating into nothing, and he made his presence known.

"Alright, lets see if your skilled enough in this area..." He muttered as he moved to a new location so it wouldn't be easy to be found

Hikoru has Ring Equipped. Must roll a 22+ To be found

ID#  68232  LD:  1 + 3 S&D + 3 Twilight Cloak + 2 Reveal - 1: darkness = 8.... Wow.  Just wow...

Itzal was continuing his mapping when suddenly a rock struck him on the back.  He immediately turned around to spot who it was but his eyes couldn't spot the person through the darkness.  He narrowed his eyes to pierce the darkness easier and could sort of spot a large rock where the player probably threw the stone.  Normally if he was in a cave a rock hitting him wouldn't throw him off like that.  However not only did this game not allow rocks to 'just fall', but it struck his back, not his shoulder.  And that was a red flag for him.  He knew that the player would not be in the same spot as before but he needed to get to a high spot.  He noticed another large boulder that most players called unclimbable and rushed over, scaling the huge rock by finding the indents in the stone with his hands and feet.  Even in the darkness he reached the top within seconds and crouched as he scanned the area.  The darkness made it hard but if the player moved at all he would spot the movement.  Unfortunately this player was a master of stealth.  In a moment Itzal would begin searching up close.

@Hikoru

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru watched as the player failed to find him. He just chuckled. It wasn't Takao, who had a way of appearing out of nowhere and finding him in the most secure of places. He watched as the player climbed a boulder, and made a way to look around. He gave props to the player, as that was a good idea. But he knew he could climb higher, and he did so until he was out of sight. He found a large boulder, and pushed it over the edge. The boulder landing on the ground with a large rumble and a crash. Hikoru quickly moved and hoped that he gave the player a good jump. He chuckled and moved to another remote location in hopes that his home wouldn't be found. This had now turned into more of a competition than hiding his home. He wanted to test this player and see if he would make it against him. If not, he died. It was as simple as that

ID#  68263  LD:  4+8=12 dagnabit.  Don't reveal yourself, I will beat this game yet!

Itzal thought he heard movement in the darkness but he didn't spot anything.  At the last moment he recalled everyone's mistake of never looking up.  This was why he hadn't mastered the search skill just yet.  There were common mistakes he had yet to undo.  His head spun just in time to see the boulder begin moving toward him.  He had no time to spot the player and simply shot his eyes to another high area, rushing to the edge of the stone and leaping over, landing on the small yet tall pillar with one foot perfectly and kept his balance.  He never joked when he told others he had mastered parkour.  However his mind was currently on whoever was playing this game of hide and death with him.  Whoever it was clearly meant harm.  He noticed a path on the higher stones and quickly leaped from pillar to pillar, making his way over.  As a procaution he drew Ascendants Rosario, a sword Mina had recently crafted for him.  He held it in a defensive manner as he rushed higher, attempting to gain even ground with this mysterious player.

@Hikoru

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru watched as the player dodged the boulder and landed gracefully. He gave him props. That was something quite difficult to do, so he couldn't kill him just yet. But to be honest, he couldn't kill such a young player. It was completely and utterly inhumane to do so. But he knew that eh could probably fight the young player and win easily. But for now, he would play this Hide and Seek game. He just laughed and spoke loud enough so that his voice echoed off all of the walls, moving as he did so, to make sure that he couldn't be tracked too easily

"Impressive young player, I see you've got some good skills." He said, and he meant the words "Since you've amused me, lets play a game. You have three more chances to find me. If you don't, I come down and I attack you, and initiate the battle." He said with a small chuckle. He wanted to see what this player was made of. This player was apart of a guild he was interested in joining in, and he wanted to see if the strongest player in their guild could hold up against him "If you find me, I will come down unarmed and wont attack, I swear." He said, continuing to move to different levels, making it almost impossible to find where the voice was coming from, then soon going into hiding once more.

ID#  6833  LD:  8  I got a freaking 20 on my combat thread with Morgenstern XD  Figures

Itzal heard the voice coming from everywhere but didn't stop moving.  As the player spoke Itzal forced his brain to work.  In order to make the sound bounce from every direction he'd need to be in a suitable spot, somewhere he would have a wall pointed towards the ground, or something else to split the sound.  He scanned the area and although it was hard to see in the dark, he was able to spot two areas that might work.  As he made his way over to the closest one, he replied.  "Gee, how generous of you.  You know that's not exactly the best way to introduce yourself.  You might offend one or two people."  It didn't bother him of course, he just wanted a response.  If the player wasn't at the first area then he could use the next voice projection to fully correct his senses.  Sight was dulled, sounds were masked.  It would be difficult to find this player, whoever he was.  If he moved from his current position the sounds wouldn't bounce so easily and therefore make it easier for Itzal to detect him.  He landed on the first platform but as he suspected the player wasn't there.  He immediately jumped one pillar away from the second option to keep the player from believing he had spotted it.

@Hikoru

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru laughed as the player hopped around, commenting on what he said with sarchasm to boot with it. He gave a small chuckle that echoed on the walls, moving to a whole 'nother location as he did. He made his way deeper into the shadows, and decided to play a trick. He went over to the pillar that he was standing on, and he came over, kicking the pillar and cracking it, making it knocked down. He quickly made his way above where he had even been before, making it to dangerous locations where the rocks were barely holding him up. He had to keep as safe as he could. He was on his first strike, two more chances to find him. Only time would tell what would happen. He breathed and calmed his racing heart, keeping his enemy within his eyesight to make sure that he wouldn't lose him. If he was to be anything like Takao, he would have to be able to find him easily. But he was a low-levelled player, so he couldn't expect much of him. He gave a small sigh and waited quietly to see if he would be found or now

ID#  68338  LD:  7+8-1=14  Dagnabit I have the worst luck

Itzal heard the player chuckle but it didn't have the effect he wanted.  Then he heard a sound that was clearly movement.  He then heard a pillar break and collapse and he naturally turned there, cursing for allowing his instinct to take over.  Whoever this player was he was good at diversions and blending in with the environment.  Itzal scanned the area, looking and listening but the sounds of footsteps bounced everywhere and he couldn't get a lock on the source.  Getting a bit frustrated he knew this player would be attacking him soon and thought it best to look from higher ground so that he could spot him easier, and if it came to worst, would not be easily taken down.  He kept his eyes open on the field while he ran up the rocks and then leaped up and began to climb the rock wall.  It took him seconds to get to the top and as far as he could tell, there were no other high sections nearby.  Now that he was high above his opponent, or as he hoped, he continued to scan the area, making sure to keep an eye on the stone structure he was on right now in case the player attempted to sneak attack him.

@Hikoru

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru gave a small sigh and looked down at the player, who was looking in the wrong location. Unsheathing Yamkimba, he charged for the boy, attacking from behind and soon seeing the word "CRITICAL" Appear before him. He gave a small smile and looked back as two icons appeared above the boys head, Bleed and Paralysis. His build was working nicely. He came out of the shadows, as now he was uncloaked as the mechanics worked, and he came up to the boy

"Why hello. Nice to see you. Now, the names Hikoru, and your the first Victim of my new build. Does it feel comfty? Feel nice? I imagine so. Now, im so sorry you had to be the person I had to experiment on but It was a must. Now, if you'll excuse me." He said, and soon he sheathed and prepared to head back into the shadows before the boy could follow him, and he could continue to play with his prey some more.

ID: 68730

BD: 10 (Bleed and Paralysis Activate, +2 Damage)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x11= 143-3=140 Damage to Itzal

Hikoru: 855/855 | 73/84 | 56 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 2 Evasion (-11)

Itzal: 460/600 | 60/60 | 3 MIT | 2 Accuracy | 1 Evasion ( 24 Bleed for two turns and Paralysis)

While Itzal was cursing himself for letting his guard down, the strike drew the attention of Ulises.  He had been practicing his technique in his own realm, cutting himself off from the rest of reality so he could focus on mastering it so he could give it to Felix and die in peace.  However when a powerful hit landed on them, Ulises had no choice.  He exited his realm in Felix' mind and barely had time to catch the player's disappearance.  Stealthed.  He then noticed the darkness around them and cursed.  Of course it had to be here.  They had yet to unlock the night vision mod and thus this place could prove to be a problem.  Where have you been all this time?  Why is it that whenever I freaking leave you get yourself into situations like this?  Are you seriously talking to me like this?  There's a pker who just attacked and ran!  A wha?  Dang it.  Ok then, that's it.  You just lost your control privilege for now.  Give it over to me.  WHAT?  ULISES WE TALKED ABOUT THI- Felix.  I'm not feeling well.  I'm tired.  I'm frustrated.  Freaking give it to me for a moment, just give me this!  Itzal stopped.  Not feeling well?  Ulises hasn't acted like this before, not even when he was overloaded with the anger before Itzal did the quest that allowed them to work together.  Finally he submitted.  Just don't go overboard Ulises.

@Hikoru

Hikoru gave a small chuckle and continued forward into the shadows, soon becoming one with stealth again and giving a small sigh, enjoying the feeling of accomplishment that this gave him. His build was working nicely, but he needed to get his damage back up. He wasn't dealing as much damage as he could, but he could only wait to level up his familiar and get his damage back to normal before his build was fully complete. He gave a small sigh and continued into the darkness, jumping up and down and all around until he was in yet another random location, of which he himself didn't exactly know. He could pinpoint himself if he looked at the young youth, but he knew better than that, and his behind a rock so that he couldn't be seen that easily. He breathed and did his best to slow his breathing to a steady halt, so that he couldn't be found as easily as anyone else in this game. His title was Master of Shadows, and this was the best way that he could prove that he earned his title. He would make sure not to kill the player, he was just being his first target that could actually fight against. He gave a small sigh and waited to see if he would be found

"Timer's counting down once again..." He thought to himself

Hikoru: 855/855 | 74/84 | 56 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 2 Evasion

Itzal: 436/600 | 60/60 | 3 MIT | 2 Accuracy | 1 Evasion ( 24 Bleed for one turn)

ID#  68745  LD:  freaking 5

The paralysis finally wore off and Ulises rose to his feet.  When Felix withdrew, Ulises suddenly put up a barrier so that Felix couldn't see or hear what Ulises was doing.  He could hear Felix screaming at him but he didn't care.  The pker could have killed him with ease but he didn't.  This could either be a cruel game he's playing, or he could actually be testing them.  Either way, Ulises wasn't docile like Felix.  He grabbed the sword and sheathed it so as to be able to use his hands.  His eyes quickly scanned the area swiftly for any trace of the player's remains but he spotted no tracks of any sort.  Felix had been trying to get a good vantage point but Ulises didn't bother with that.  He simply ran across the area where no road was placed, his eyes scanning in every direction, seeking any tunnel, hidden pathway, boulders, anywhere that could hide a player.  As he did he called out to their opponent, his voice much deeper than how Felix would speak.  "You may have the environmental advantage, as well as a higher level and stealth skill than our search skill, but know that no matter how long it takes I WILL FIND YOU."

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru's eyebrow raised as he watched as the boy took a different approach, and his voice was deeper than it was before. Was he angry? Or was it something else? He couldn't tell at this point, and decided to move to higher ground, to make sure that he was well out of the way. He breathed and moved quickly, the shadows enveloping him in their hands, breathing and looking at the player. He was actually quite frightened of this player at this moment, he had turned completely unreadable at this point and he didn't know what he could do to either stop him or combat him for now. He breathed silently and hid behind another large boulder, and awaited to see what would happen next. He would have to make his next steps carefully, and he had one more round before the other player was attacked once more. He gave a small breath and continued to wait and see if he would be found or not. He would just have to wait and see

Hikoru: 855/855 | 74/84 | 56 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 2 Evasion

Itzal: 412/600 | 60/60 | 3 MIT | 2 Accuracy | 1 Evasion

Ulises's eyes eyes would have narrowed had he not been trying to keep his vision wide enough to catch any movement.  As he ran between the rocks he had reached an area where he didn't need to climb but still didn't draw his sword.  No, that would be done the moment he found the player.  When he was spotted and saw Ulises slowly pull the ice cold blade from it's sheath.  The moment he spotted the player was the moment he switched to full on combat.  He would switch to Niger Natio and lunge at his opponent.  The key to a good fight was to make sure you had the first strike.  Unfortunately this player had done more than just that.  However he had not yet seen Ulises' technique.  The same technique he intended to pass on to Felix before he died.  The style was designed for non ceasing strikes, meant to prevent the target from retaliating and thus, allow him to break through their defenses.  Suddenly he realized that he allowed himself to become lost in thought and he cursed before turning around to make an attempt at stopping the player's attack.

ID#  68747  LD:  5

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru breathed and unsheathed his Dagger, preparing to lunge at the player once more. He had given the player many chances to find him, but now he was growing tiresome. His Energy had completely refilled, and now he was set to fight once more, without the fear of being struck down. He knew that he wouldn't get that lucky again, and he knew that he would probably have to stun the player before he moved back to the shadows again, but only time would tell if anything happened. He breathed quietly and continued forward, moving ever so quietly towards the edge of where he was hiding, watching the player go back in the complete opposite direction of where he was coming from. He gave a small, quiet chuckle to himself and picked up another rock, throwing it to the back of the other player's head, and watched it turn to pixels. He then quickly moved to yet another random location, and waited to see how the player would react to him, and he was quite curious as to how it would go down.

Mind games.  That's what this player was doing right now.  He was playing mind games with Ulises.  At this point he didn't care how many times he got hit.  So long as this ended with him and the other player face to face and ending this cowardice game, he would be content.  He heard a sound up above, at the top of a crevice.  Instead of climbing like Felix would, Ulises leaped to one side, then jumped to the other, leaping back and forth and therefore reaching the top faster than Felix usually did.  Speed was more important than efficiency right now and he needed to catch up to the player.  When he finally reached the top he heard a sound and knew that his target had moved away.  Ulises growled.  This was getting tiresome.  "You having fun playing coward?"  Ulises switched his gear from Twilight cloak to Niger Natio, suddenly switching from the deep purple cloak, to his black cloth armor, his hood and mouthpiece materializing around his face.  This plus the darkness around him completely filled the facial area with complete blackness.  Simultaneously he drew Ascendant's Rosario, the icy blue blade from it's sheath.  The area he stood on allowed him to see all around him and he kept an eye on all directions.

3 evasion 2 accuracy 2 bleed 3 MIT

454/600 hp <> 30/30 energy

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru watched as the player switched armor, and called out to him to fight. Hikoru gave a small sigh and raised his scarf to his mouth, hiding all of his features but his eyes and ran down and attacked the player, striking him in the back and gave a low chuckle to him, sighing and backing away and pulling down both his and the other players masks

"I see we have the same idea in looks, I can admire that." He said with a small chuckle "But I seem to be the one that pulls it off better." He said teasingly. "So lets chat, since we have the time. I am deeply sorry, that you had to be the subject to my... "Experiment." But you walked into my home, and what else am I going to do but protect it?" He said with a small sigh "This cave is my only home until I get rid of this stupid Orange Cursor, and I usually like to be in a place where i'm the most protected. But i'll make you a deal if you answer some questions for me, I'll let you hit me a few times if it'll give you a bit more of your pride back." He said with a small chuckle.

ID: 68754

BD: 9 (+1 Damage, Bleed and Paralyze Activate)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x10= 130-3=127 Damage to Itzal

Hikoru: 855/855 | 73/84 | 56 MIT | 3 Accuracy | 2 Evasion (-11)

Itzal: 285/600 | 60/60 | 3 MIT | 2 Accuracy | 1 Evasion (24 Bleed for two turns, Paralyzed)

Ulises could feel the strike before it happened.  He cursed before the paralysis settled in as he fell to the ground.  The cruel player walked over with a chuckle, the typical killer approach, and threw the hood and mouthpiece back.  He then talked about his having invaded the player's home, a deal, and getting his pride back.  Ulises growled, his blue eyes burning like an inferno ready to explode outward and consume the entire cavern in a glorious flame.  That was what Ulises was based off of.  Raw emotions and wrath.  "Not my fault you decided to turn this entire floor into your hope and seek out every helpless player who walks into it.  You're like a Kindergarten bully, walking around the recess area.  Pathetic.  I don't give answers to anyone while I sit powerless to do anything either.  If you want answers you'll talk civilly with me rather than stab people in the back and insult them as you do.  Which brings me to the final point.  Not only do I not care about pride, but your statement backfires upon itself.  No pride is won by anyone if their target is allowing a strike.  You'll get no such satisfaction from me."  Ulises was not Felix.  He wasn't going to discuss anything with this player on any nice level until he changed a few of the rules.  Not only had this player attacked them simply because they were exploring the floor, but he was doing everything he could to humiliate him.  However he wasn't humiliated.  He was humiliated when Felix fought a meager wolf and almost died from the encounter.  No.  Ulises was hateful.  Not necessarily towards the player, he had a clever strategy.  No it was against the paralysis.  The feeling of helplessness.

Hikoru raised a eyebrow at the words of the player, and he did have a point about a few things. It was wrong to randomly choose the player to experiment on, and he gave a small sigh and continued forward, sheathing his dagger and holding his hands up, showing that he was done with what he had been doing

"Alright, I see your point. I put my weapon away, now you put yours, and lets talk like civil men here, in a dank and dark cave, that's dripping with water..." He said with a small chuckle, not the best place to have a civil conversation, but he didn't mind. He gave a small sigh, and went over to where his fire was, starting one, causing a small fire to start and soon he covered the cave walls with an ominous orange glow. He sat next to it and motioned the player to take a seat

ID: 68755

BD: 3 (Not gonna bother, already know I missed)