[PP-F10] Shadows and scouts <Itzal, Hikoru>

Ulises felt the paralysis beginning to wear off and was prepared to grab his sword and charge when the player submitted and sheathed his blade.  Ulises nodded and pushed against the resistance while the effect slowly leeched out, grabbing his heavy blade and sheathing it.  He rose to his feet, now easily with the effect completely over with.  Boy did he hate that effect.  "Next time you want to test it out, how about you ask first.  I would have been willing to help, well actually, Felix would have.  I was a little bit busy.  Uh, when you talk to him don't tell him I called him that.  He wants everyone to know him as Itzal unless he befriends them to a more personal level.  But since that's the past I'll talk with you on one condition.  Tell me how and why you got that crystal, and the true reason you want it gone:  If you regret your actions or if you just want back into towns with a better reputation.  It's the meaning, the reason behind actions, not the actions themselves, that tells us if others are trustworthy."  He walked over and sat down near the fire.  Both outfits were deigned to keep the wielder warm, but any extra warmth was a blessing for him.  That was one of the things Felix and Ulises shared.  They both hated the cold.

@Hikoru

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikoru breathed and listened, a grim tone entering the room as he asked about his crystal. He breathed and knew it would be asked, he had a feeling that it would. Every player that saw him noticed it. There were two groups. They either shrugged it off, or they asked about it. He knew that this player was curious, or he wouldn't be on this floor. He sighed and stared into the fire and he crossed his fingers together

"Well, it's pretty simple. I was on a Quest, Arabians Nights I believe it was called, the first night." He said with a small sigh. "Well, there are two sides to the story. Either you can take the quest and save the man's brother..." He looked grim "Or kill him, and gain a ring that has it's own abilities." He sighed and held up the hand, where the Ring was placed. He took it off and held it out in his hand, it's Enchantments popping up above it. "This ring fit my build perfectly, it was exactly what I needed. At the time, I thought it was all a dream..." He sighed, and looked down "But soon, I realised it had actually happened. Even though I had killed an NPC, and it's life would just come back, It still sits heavily on my mind..." He said with a small sigh. "But I took Calming the Soul, and at the moment, i'm showing myself that I deserve to be Redeemed, and one day, I hope to take <<Redemption>> to get rid of my shame once and for all." He said with a small smile on his face.

Ulises sat there listening to Hikoru's explanation and nodded his understanding.  It was a twisted game Kayaba played in this virtual world.  Creating a trap like that.  It could turn a good player into a killer.  When Hikoru finished Ulises sighed.  "Well both a fear and hope had been confirmed for me there.  You aren't actually a player killer and there are quests that are dangerous in other aspects besides stats.  That's good to know.  It seems Felix and I can trust you."  Felix.  The guy wasn't able to hear anything going on in the conversation currently so he could legitimately talk about whatever he wanted.  He looked at Hikoru carefully.  "Because you've answered my question I'll answer yours.  Ask anything you wish or desire and I shall answer to the best of my ability.  And don't worry, I'm going to die soon and Felix can't hear our conversation, so ask literally anything you want."  He had no guilt in telling secrets, so long as they weren't extremely important secrets, or were other's secrets Felix was holding onto because of promise.

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened and breathed a sigh of relief as he heard his words. He was glad that this player didn't plan to kill him on something he didn't mean to do. He breathed a sigh of relief and listened at the character talked about death, which he didn't understand, but he knew it wasn't his business. The player said that he had the ability to ask any question he wanted, and Hik just chuckled for a moment and flashed a small smile

"Anything? Alright..." He thought for a moment, then held a gleam of humor in his eyes "How many women have the two of you kissed?" He waited, then couldn't stifle his laughter and flat out busted a gut, rolling on the floor with laughter at his question. Only he could find something that humorous after the morbid and dark events that had just happened just a few moments ago. He breathed and continued to laugh for a few more moments, then breathed and sat up, done with the laughter for now.

When Hikoru asked his question Ulises howled with laughter.  In fact, he was still chuckling when Hikoru composed himself.  When he finish, Ulises had a sly grin.  "What a question!  We only kissed once and with one individual.  Her name is Kasier, healer paladin of the Celestial Ascendants, and now our girlfriend.  I suppose you could say Kasier kissed us and then Felix kissed her back..  I sort of fazed out when it happened, so it was just Felix.  She's a good match for him.  I know I'm leaving him in good hands when I leave...  Oh, that's right you don't know.  I'm sort of a split personality, but not a split personality.  It's complicated and a bit of a mouthful of a story.  Perhaps he could tell you another time.  So in conclusion he's only kissed one person and I haven't kissed any...  Mainly because Felix didn't give me the chance," he finished with a grin.  He leaned back, beginning to enjoy this conversation.  It wasn't often he could have temporary control and talk about this sort of stuff.  He'd be content to die with a conversation like this.

@Hikoru

Hikoru chuckled for a few moments more, then the words "Celestial Ascendants" Caught his attention. He leaned closer to the fire and closer to the player, whoever his name was. He couldn't remember, but he knew that the name above his head was the wrong one. He breathed and looked at the player, opening his HUD and scrolling through the Guilds until he found it. He looked at the player with raised eyebrows

"Celestial Ascendants? I was looking at that guild the other day... It interests me. Mind telling me a bit about it if you have some information about it?" He said, hoping that he could learn about the players and such in the guild. If he wanted to join it, he wanted to know what he was getting himself into, and if he was sure that this would be something that he would be interested in. For now, he needed to rely on this Split-Personality man for his information, and he hoped he even had just a snipit of information.

Ulises noticed his change of posture and the motion he made after mentioning the guild.  When he mentioned he was interested in the guild and how he wanted some information Ulises nodded.  "Yeah I can help you with that.  Jonathan and Felix originated the idea of the guild and found Kasier and Alisa.  The idea is to help lower leveled players get stronger in skills, levels, and how to use them.  The main purpose is to help the weaker players.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Hopefully these players will actually stick to that.  The moment the meaning of the guild is lost, I know Felix will leave.  However while I know that Kasier and Alisa would stick with that belief, that Jonathan seems too serious for my liking.  Felix needs to have a chat with him in my opinion.  I'm guessing you are no weak player either.  So what level are you, and what would you gain from our guild?  What is it that you want?" 

@Hikoru

Hikoru nodded and listened, and he liked the idea of the guild. The player asked him what he wanted out of the guild, his level, normal things like that. He breathed and opened his HUD, and looked at his stats, making a small list in his mind and closing it, then looking at the player with a look of business on his face. He knew that he was far too overlevelled, and that could be dangerous on quests and such, so he needed to be careful if he did join. He breathed and looked at the player in the eyes

"At the moment, I am level Forty-Six, and almost level Forty-Seven. I have quite a fair amount of damage so I know that I can last quite awhile. I want to help this guild grow. I don't know if you know of such a guild as the Azure Brigade, but it was one of the strongest guilds in history. Having three Unique Skill users, and many high-levelled players. I want this guild to become something like that. And besides, you'll have at least one Unique skill User in your guild if I join..." He said, hinting at the player what he had.

Ulises watched as the player pulled up his menu and glanced over his stats.  When the player spoke Ulises was getting an idea of what the guild was getting.  Knowing Alisa she'd probably step down the instant Hikoru joined.  It was clear he was a dps after allHe smirked at the player.  "Don't worry about your level.  We'll be right on your tail there before long.  You can bet on that.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we surpassed your level before long.  And no I haven't heard of that guild.  As far as uniques go I'd love to get Felix one but he's promised to help a friend get one first.  And even then he'll probably shoot for a scout based skill.  Perhaps you'd be willing to help us in that aspect Hikoru?  As for your own skill might I ask how it works?"  In truth Ulises had wanted them to be a dps build.  Of course his opinion wouldn't matter pretty soon so he didn't worry too much about that.

@Hikoru

Hikoru nodded and gave a small chuckle. The player didn't freak out like some others had before. He was happy about that for the most part. And the player also said his other side wanted to get a Unique skill for his friend, which he respected. He believed he would like the other side of this player. He breathed and did his best to remember what his Unique Skill actually did, as he didn't have any active skills that he could use. But his memory came back and he chuckled

"All it really does is make it that my stats don't matter to escape, so I can always run away from battle, and I never gain hate, making me the best DPS to pair with a Tank" He said with a small chuckle, thinking of Xion as they had both gone on multiple quests together, and were a great duo. He sighed and thought for a moment, then just chuckled again and sighed "It's not the best Unique, compared to a lot of the others, but I enjoy it, and I do believe it compliments me quite nicely." He said with a small sigh.

Listening to Hikoru describe the unique skill, he had to agree that it was perfect for the player.  Yet it was the opposite for Ulises.  He nodded with a somewhat bored face.  "Yeah I can see how it would be useful.  I however wouldn't care for something like that.  I prefer hand to hand combat, personal duels and things like that....  Perhaps after I die and give Felix that technique I've been working on, you could help him test it out?  It has a weakness which he'll figure out.  Essentially it wears out his stamina if he uses it nonstop.  So the ideal way to use it is if he fights along side a dps.  However he needs someone he can trust enough to show the technique, and practice alongside with.  Do me a favor and earn his trust ok?  And if you mention that I believed you trustworthy that could possibly help you in that aspect.  Just do me a favor ok?  The stealth stuff?  I have no problem with that.  But next time you want to fight us or someone else in the guild, do us a favor and cut the hiding crap and just fight like a man."  He grinned to show that he was messing around before awaiting his response.

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened with a bit of interest, and it caught his attention with the unique technique this player would give. He didn't know what it could do, but he knew that it could be an interesting experience nonetheless. He gave the player a nod of agreement and unsheathed his dagger, stabbing it into the rocks and looking at the player with eyes of promise, and gave a small chuckle and held his hand out to the player

"I promise, whenever that may happen. And let Itzal, or Felix, that I have made this promise. I will help him to the best of my ability, and I will do my best to watch out for him." He said with a small chuckle, and awaited the handshake. He was making a promise that he hoped that he could keep, and that he would do his best to. He didn't know exactly what the player meant, but his intentions were easy to see. He hoped that he could create a bond with this player, and keep him safe to his best abilities. He just hoped that what happened today wouldn't affect anything that he had done.

Ulises gave a simple nod and shook the player's hand with a smile.  "Good.  Thank you for that.  I'll tell him you wanted to do something with him, but even he doesn't know much about the technique...  Until I give it to him that is.  So I won't tell him until I'm gone.  I'm glad Itzal will have a strong player for a friend after I'm gone.  This means a lot to me."  Ulises paused for a moment before he suddenly flinched and held a hand to his forehead as if a sharp pain just occurred there, grimacing as he did so.  "I think it's best for me to withdraw for now....  Felix will be coming back now, don't call him that though.  Call him Itzal and don't let him know I spoke his real name.  He's picky about that for some reason."  With that Ulises withdrew and Itzal took charge once again.  He pulled his hand away from his forehead, slightly confused but didn't worry about it.  He looked at the player who had messed with them and was able to get a first look at the guy.  The smile and his posture made him seem nice enough, but why then did he attack?  Either way Ulises seemed to have made things a bit stable.  He rubbed the back of his head as he felt the situation was a bit awkward before he spoke, his voice no longer deep as Ulises typically spoke in.  "I uh, I hope Ulises didn't say anything I'm going to regret..."

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened for a moment, then kinda jumped as the player gripped his head in a seem of a headache, then he gave a farewell and told him to call him Itzal, and gave a nod as the boy's face seemed to relax a bit, and his voice was much quieter than it was before. He just gave a small chuckle and sighed at his secret of his one and only question. He just gave the player a small pat on the back and chuckled to himself once more, and looked at him

"Nothing you should worry about, but I did gather some information on something else. Nothing you need to worry about, and it's not for anything bad. Just a curiosity that popped up." He said with a small smile. He looked to see the fire dying, and added another log onto the fire. It soon ate away at the wood and the fire grew once more. He poked at it with his Dagger to keep the flames in the stone circle he had created and did his best to keep him and Itzal as warm as he could. He looked at the player and gave him another smile "If you need to stay the night here, feel free to grab one of my extra pillow and blankets I bought from a travelling merchant." He said nod and went back to working on the fire.

Itzal was a little surprised when the player patted him on the back but at least it meant he was friendly.  When the player mentioned that Ulises had shared information but nothing he should be worried about his first reaction was suspicion.  He didn't trust Ulises with information, but he did trust him to see if the player was trustworthy.  "May I ask what you were curious about?  I have a hard time he behaved properly," he chuckled.  When the player offered Itzal a pillow for the night he smiled.  He didn't have to what with his cozy shop and all, but he loved camping with all of his heart.  "Sure I don't mind staying.  Thanks for the offer.  By the way, what's your name may I ask?  I'm Itzal if he didn't tell you."  He raised his hand in offer of a hand shake.  Afterwards the player handed Itzal a pillow and he found a soft area on the ground which he placed it on.  Itzal lay down and thanked the player again before allowing fatigue and confusion to lead him to sleep.

@Hikoru

Hikoru listened as the player asked what information, and he didn't want to give his plans away, not yet anyways. He just gave a small chuckle and a sigh. He made sure that the player got his Pillow and Blanket, and shook his hand firmly with a small flash of a smile

"Hikoru, Master of Shadows, as you had learned." He said with a small laugh, and he sighed as he sat down and got into his pillow and blanket himself, his familiar cooing in his sleep as he pet the familiar's head, and he just sighed and stared at the dark ceiling. "And just about you as a player. Your build, and what you do." He said easily, not feeling like he had lied, that much anyways "I don't plan to kill you if that's a worry, Ulises and me just had a nice, kind-hearted chat is all." He said with a sigh, and watched the aura of the flames cascade onto the cold, damp walls of the cave, giving a little bit of light to such a dark place, where it was needed the most. 

Itzal listened as Hikoru mentioned having a nice easy chat and he couldn't help but chuckle.  "Was that before, or after he tried to fight you or try his mind games?  He can be stubborn and aggressive but he seemed very intent on handling things.  If Ulises talked with you then my fear of you killing me is reduced to nothing."  He sighed as the player mentioned that it was mainly about him and his build.  "Well yeah, that's the plan anyways.  To be a master scout.  I doubt I'll ever be as good as Takao though, I heard he's the best in Aincrad, and forever will be.  If that's true he must have some sort of item, like a demonic with extra LD enhancement.  Otherwise others could be his equal."  He shrugged.  "It doesn't matter I guess.  I don't think I'd enjoy the attention anyways.  Master of shadows huh?  Maybe when the time comes you could teach me a thing or two about stealth?"

@Hikoru

Hikoru just laughed at the getting angry and mind games part, as that did happen before anything happened. He breathed and listened for a moment, then gave a small nod to the player as he asked if he could teach him about stealth sometime. He would be happy to help the player in any way that he could, and he just gave a small chuckle and a sigh

"Of course I can try to. Although, it's difficult to learn. So it'll probably take awhile. It's easy for me because of my Unique, but that's about it really." He said, and the player talked about Takao and just shuddered "Trust me, I know he's good. He's found me on multiple occasions, as many other players have." He said with a small sigh "Although NPC's can never find me, which make's quests like Arabian Nights easy for me." He said with a small chuckle. He breathed and watched as the embers started to die down on the fire, and sighed as he was too comfortable to go and put another log on. He would just let it die before he slept. He wasn't worried about anything catching fire, and he enjoyed that comfort.

When Hikoru laughed Itzal chuckled.  It was kind of funny but he still disagreed with Ulises' way of approach.  When the player mentioned he'd be glad to teach Itzal stealth he nodded with a smile.  "Thanks Hikoru, that means a lot to me.  And don't worry, I'm a fast learner...  I had to be."  His thoughts went to his parkouring skills which he had gained from running away from bullies in the real world during his childhood.  Originally it had been a simple, scale the tree and hit the top.  After a while however the bullies learned how to climb trees too and he needed to get more and more elaborate, each time being pushed to try harder.  Until finally he had some of the master skills he had now.  When he entered the game he was able to perform more complex maneuvers so he had to practice more to master it fully.  Besides that he was good with calculations which helped him when he played stealth based games greatly.  He knew something about stealth, at least a little bit.  Hikoru would simply help him ditch any false information and master it fully like parkour.

@Hikoru

Hikoru nodded and agreed with the player as he laughed, as he probably understood what he laughed at. He doubled checked as the embers died a little more, only giving a small glow. With a yawn and a stretch, he decided that he needed to get to sleep. It had been a long day, and he knew that he would need his rest tomorrow. With a small breath of the cold air, he turned to the player and gave a small smile

"No problem Itzal. Now, let's get to bed. I know you can't tell time here, but I can and it's around one in the morning. The chill in the air makes it too obvious." He said with a small laugh. "Good night my friend, and i'll see you when it's day." He said, and with that he took off his glasses, setting them beside his familiar's bed and sighed, closing his eyes and slowly falling into a dreamless sleep as the embers died, enveloping the two lone players into the total darkness that was Floor Ten.