{PP-F3} Truth and Lies, Weakness or Strength? -Ivory Lotus and myself- <<Worn out Welcome>>

Domarus and Ivory decided to split up and meet each other on the third floor for the quest.  As he stood there leaning against the tree, Keres against another nearby one, he thought about what he saw recently.  Esther, the girl whom had shown Domarus a tiny spec of light in the world of darkness he had learned to embrace, who had found a way into his heart where no one else dared to delve, whom he trusted enough to watch him drink the starry eyed potion.  Had been stolen from him by an unknown player.  The garment she wore as well as her actions told Domarus that she was not Esther, but the potion controlling her every will.  The man had invented a creation that turned Esther, the sweetest and innocent girl he knew, into his own personal slave.  What sort of slave was yet to be seen but whether he did or didn't see it, he would make sure that player regretted his actions to the end of time.  He would save Esther and he would nurse her back to health if need be, but he could not do it alone.  He was too low level.  Even if the other player were his level, which Domarus doubted beyond all else, it was too much of a risk.  Not to mention he was bound to have allies.  No.  He would need help.  Arc was his immediate thought.  He'd bribe him if need be but he somehow knew he'd help either way.  Mari was his second thought.  The woman cared about Esther and was most likely willing to kill anyone in her way.  With Mari's help, combat should be a peace of cake.  Which led to the final part.  Despite that combat was easy they needed information.  Domarus asked around and thinks he may have found someone who could...  Enlighten him with persuasion.  However he needed to fulfill a promise first.  And thus he was waiting for Ivory.  She told him that she wouldn't be afraid of his armor but he kept it off for now so she'd recognize him, wearing instead his dragon bone armor.

@Ivory Lotus

Ivory wandered about on the third floor, her eyes wide once more as she took in all of the items being sold by various vendors. Of course, she was in need of pretty much anything, but as usual she couldnt afford any of it. She really needed to exercise self control and stop buying fish. She couldnt help it, fish were just so tasty! She finally approached the area where she was to meet Domarus and spotted him almost immediately. With a grin she walked up to him and gave him a little wave. She probably should have taken some time and grabbed some armor or a weapon, but she trusted Domarus completely to keep her safe. It didnt even occur to her that the man might not trust her to the same extent that she trusted him. "Lets level up together Dom!" She said excitedly, wishing for a moment that she had some sort of weapon to brandish in order to back up her words. 

Domarus grinned at Ivory as she approached and nodded to her before pushing off from the tree to go greet her.

"Hello Ivory.  Yes let's get this started shall we?  Theres a blacksmith not far from here who gives out a quest that rewards players with light or heavy armor.  It's a simple quest and the boss is easy to beat.  I one shotted him my first time.  If you need help with any combat I can assist you.  And we can talk on the way as well.  But first,"  he motioned for Keres to approach and she did.  For some reason Keres wanted to wear a maid's outfit and although it made him slightly uncomfortable he allowed it.  Keres smiled and bowed to Ivory, being much more polite than she usually was.

"Hello mistress Ivory!  My name is Keres, Domarus' servant, a pleasure to meet you!"  Domarus nodded and turned to Ivory to explain, in case she disapproved of the situation like others.

"To clarify, I never meant to have a personal servant at all, but when Keres came to me in the real world and begged me for half a day to make her my servant, I eventually gave in.  Ever since she has followed me and my every instruction.  I will not share her history as it's her own past, but I will tell you that it makes sense why she did so."  Keres smiled again and bowed to the woman.  Domarus nodded to Keres before turning to Ivory.  

"You asked me a question back at the tournament and I shall answer, but only after we get that quest started.  The path to the boss is usually left alone so we can talk without eavesdroppers.  And with Keres we can definitely ensure our privacy.  Don't worry about telling secrets around her either, I've never met someone who could hold secrets better."

@Ivory Lotus

"Oh, you've done this quest before? I was hoping to pick on that we both hadnt done so that we could both get the quest skill points." She looked over at the woman who was dressed in a maids outfit and smiled. She was quite cute, although if she had been wearing something other than the maids outfit Ivory would have likely described her as beautiful instead. She waved at the woman. "It's nice to meet you too Keres! Your outift is really cute!" She exclaimed, resisting the urge to clap her hands together. She was an adult after all, or at least legally so. "I definitely understand. Some people find happiness serving others, while others find happiness being served. Its completely natural." Ivory led the way to the blacksmith before walking inside and accepting the quest. The NPC was really quite bland with his explanation of what she was supposed to do for the quest, and she had to resist spacing out or falling asleep completely. She exited the shop and smiled to Domarus, with absolutely no clue as to what they were going to do besides fighting a boss, and sshe had only gotten that from what Domarus had said earlier. "You dont need to feel obligated to tell me, but that's your choice." She replied.

Domarus stared at the woman in utter shock and as the woman ran off he shook his head.  He had never met anyone who was so ok with the servant relationship.  Of course she still didn't know that he beat her from time to time, but from her reaction he wondered if she'd be alright with that too if she found out about Keres' enjoying it.   Keres had looked a bit shocked as well, slightly hoping for an uncomfortable reaction but when she realized the girl was absolutely fine with it she chuckled and bowed to her.  As the girl ran in to talk to the blacksmith Domarus turned to Keres.

"Well, what do you make of her?  Ever since Esther I can't tell with women like this so I rely on you."  Keres put one finger on her mouth in a devious manner, her face clearly enjoying this position of attention.  

"Well master I'd say she's as innocent as Esther is, possibly more so.  From what I can tell she's trustworthy too and won't spill your secrets.  And I also believe she will be fine with your goals if you word it right."  Domarus nodded.  That was what he was looking to hear.  He knew players like Ivory couldn't help but be a bit nosy.  She'd find out sooner or later so better him tell her sooner than her find out later.  He watched Ivory emerge from the blacksmith, looking a bit bored before she lit up again and almost skipped over to him.  She told him he wasn't obligated to tell him and he raised a hand shaking his head.

"At this point I've learned there's no use beating around the bush if someone has seen past my deception.  I'd rather tell you than have you find out later.  However before I share my goals and story, I'd like you to tell me more about you if that's alright."

@Ivory Lotus

Ivory nodded. She was certain that whatever it was that Domarus was keeping a secret from most people wasnt a bad thing, but was likely just something that most people wouldn't like. She raised an eyebrow as he asked her to tell him more about herself. She didnt usually get asked those sorts of questions. "Well, most people think that i'm an innocent naive ditz, but that's pretty far from the truth. Before this I was in medical school in Japan, and before that I was living in America with my family. You really lose a lot of innocence when you travel that far by yourself." She stated. "I just tend to look at things differently from other people, and I dont see the point of living if you arent happy. So I'm pretty intelligent, I just like the shallowness of small talk and making new friends. My personality is my deception." She explained. "It tricks people." She finished. She smiled. "I dont really see things as good or evil, i base my judgments off of peoples happiness. And an imposed happiness is the biggest wrong in the world." She said, thinking of the girl that had been at the tournament who was obviously drugged when she mentioned imposed happiness. She looked over at Domarus and Keres as they walked down the path. "What about you Domarus?"

@Domarus

Edited by Ivory Lotus

Domarus listened as Ivory talked and the more he listened to Ivory the more she sounded like Esther.  Her main goal and happiness was seeing others happy.  He thought it was interesting to see so many people only interested in other's happiness.  He became even more interested when she talked about how she liked the shallowness of small talk and how her personality was her deception.  He looked at her with minor shock from hearing her talk about not seeing things as good or evil.

"Twisted, perverted men Ivory.  That is evil incarnated.  I know you saw Esther under the control of some potion.  I don't know exactly what that man did, or used, but I can tell simply by her outfit and the look in her eye that he completely desecrated and perverted her.  I know Esther personally.  And that man is going to pay dearly for what he did before I release her from his cold hands."  He took a deep breath to compose himself before she asked about him.  He was silent for a moment.

"My mother died of childbirth and my father spent every waking moment showing me how corrupt and cruel the world was and how if you didn't wear a mask of some sort it would break you.  As I grew up I learned that unless you were at the top you could be pushed around and do nothing about it.  So I decided early on to be the one at the top, the one who pulls the strings.  I started with MMORPGs, practicing the art of deception and manipulation.  I failed horribly at first but during the games I learned that you have to ensure others are contentment.  Otherwise they revolt and fight back.  History also showed me this.  And thus I practiced, made a new character, and in no time I had an empire others wouldn't dare challenge.  And then my father sent me to public school which was where I met Keres.  I immediately went to work, creating an illusion of a 'nicey nice' guy, or a 'knight in shining armor' for others.  I was quickly becoming the favorite and was quickly gaining followers.  By the time I was targeted by the local bullies I had four trustworthy followers.  When they tried to beat me up.  They ended up in the hospital.  Ever since I had won the respect of nearly everyone in the school, as well as the teachers.  However that was just a set up.  After graduation I began working at a small business, and I slowly worked my way up, gaining followers.  It's so easy.  Put on a good show, dispose or threaten those who seek to ruin everything, manipulate others into agreeing with you.  And bam.  You're in control.  No harm done, save for those who use more cruel methods.  Like the man holding Esther captive.  That's my end goal Ivory."  He fell silent as he wondered what her response would be to all of this.

@Ivory Lotus

Ivory nodded as Domarus spoke about the situation with the young girl from before. It was quite obvious that he felt very very strongly about the issue, and she couldnt fault him. She felt quite strongly about it as well, although for much less personal reasons. It was plain that Domarus knew the girl and that what had happened had upset him. "I'll help, but first we both need to get some more levels." She said. Specifically him. At his level her healing was pretty much worthless in a player versus player situation, and in quite a few player versus monster situations as well. This boss would be very weak, so she wouldnt even need to heal, but later on, if they stuck together, she would need to be able to keep him safe. "When you manipulate someone with words and actions it isnt the same as forcing them. You change them and their perspectives, but thats really on them for changing to fit what you want. If you arent drugging them, thats completely natural." She said, not having any problem with his wanting to be in control. "I said it before, some people want to serve and others want to be served. Keres is the former and your the latter." She gave him an understanding smile. "Submission and dominance is a natural part of our species."

@Domarus

Domarus was quite literally shocked at how calm the girl was after his explanation.  When she finished he pondered the last sentence she made.  Submission and dominance is natural...  What an odd thing to think, however he could certainly see her point.  In fact, it was one of the things he considered when he manipulated others into his services.  He nodded to Ivory.

"While it may be true that manipulating others is changing them to something that would suit me best, it isn't entirely forcing them.  Everyone has the ability to see themselves being changed and decide whether or not they like it, or if they want to wake up and fight back.  Most of the time, other's like the change I put them through, coming out stronger and less fragile, or more brave and less cowardice.  There have been a few who disliked what I tried doing and told me they wanted none of it and so I stopped manipulating them.  People like those I call allies rather than followers.  I have three lists:  Followers, Allies and my enemies.  And as for getting revenge on that man, I won't be alone for sure.  Arc is a suitable follower already whom I've been working with, and Mari, Esther's mentor, is a powerful pker who would definitely help me get to Addel.  I myself probably won't do much good except for one or two goons.  However.  Once Addel's defeated I plan on using a potion Mari herself made for me.  A potion that.  Turns off the pain dampeners."  He stopped there so that she could get a good idea as to what he was actually meaning when he said payed or revenge.  And what he meant by keeping him from trying that sort of stuff ever again.  However his exact plans on how to go about it he would keep a secret.  Ivory was a most interesting individual he thought.  Unlike Esther she wasn't hesitant to accept everything he said.  In fact she seemed to accept it all in a heartbeat, if not gave him her own opinion on what he said.  However that was a small matter.  The point was that she accepted his intention and goal and was perfectly fine with it.  Keres seemed happy too.

"Master is really good at what he does.  We just need to keep his secret is all.  Could you do that for us Mistress Ivory?"  

@Ivory Lotus

Ivory nodded. She understood what he meant, and although she didnt fully agree with what she believed his plan to be she wasnt about to stop him, especially as it seemed that the man, Addel, had it coming to him. She looked over at Keres. "Of course." She didnt see why it would be hard to keep it a secret. "I wish you luck with Addel. I hope it all goes according to plan, although somehow I doubt that it will." She looked ahead of them.. It looked as though they were about to enter a clearing, likely where the boss would be at. "Well, from what youve said im going to assume that this boss isnt going to be any sort of problem for you. I'm all set to heal you anyway." She stated, pausing just inside the tree line and looking over at Domarus, momentarily wondering if he wanted her as a follower or an ally.

Domarus listened to her mention how she doubted he would succeed with Addel and although he strongly disagreed, he didn't say anything about it.  She was allowed to have her own thoughts after all.  When she mentioned how it wouldn't be a problem for him, though she would be there to heal him he grinned.  

"Yeah, this should be over in a second or two, just give me a moment."  As they walked into the clearing, they spotted a dark elf robed in royal armor and wielding a strong looking sword.  However Domarus recalled the idiot and how he himself killed the monster in one hit.  Arc had no need to interfere.  He looked to Ivory and nodded before opening his inventory and equipping his armor, Hopebreaker, the armor and the gauntlets, as well as drawing Vindicem.  When the armor and weapon was equipped, they immediately began to pulse the dark red glow from beneath the armor and blade.  The low hum got the elf's attention and he growled.

"How dare you interrupt my quiet sanctuary?!  Name yourself stranger!"  Domarus said nothing as he began to slowly advance.  As he did the dark elf switched to a defensive poise and when Domarus swung his ax the npc dodged it with incredible movement.  He wondered how it got so much better when he realized that he had caught it by surprise the last time.  By not hesitating and just charging in he was able to hit it the first try.  Now however he'd need to put a little more effort it.  Thus he chuckled, the voice sounding dark and metallic through the helmet.

"How dare you laugh in my presence?!"  

"Simple.  This might actually be fun.  Keep dodging little rabbit."

OOC- Hopebreaker and Vindicem, drawn by another player (yet to be colored)  

Spoiler

Hopebreaker:Vindicem.jpg

@Ivory Lotus

Edited by Domarus

Domarus certainly looked intimidating decked out in his armor. She actually found it kind of comforting, he was intimidating, but it wasn't aimed at her or Keres, and instead at the enemy. She felt confident that he would keep them safe. Not that she actually felt like she was in much danger from the elf. He seemed to be a very low level. Still, despite the elf being such a low level, it seemed to be quite fast, dodging Domarus with what seemed to be little effort. Still, Ivory could tell that the only reason his reaction had been so fast was because he had been expecting the exact attack Domarus had thrown out. The elf was obviously experienced in fighting, but even that experience likely couldnt stand up to Domarus stats, regardless. She kind  of wished that she ahd a weapon so that she could help out too, but even if she had one she'd probably just end up hurting herself rather than the enemy.

OOC-  Sorry for the wait, busy week

Might actually be fun he thought.  He couldn't be more wrong.  The dark elf began striking at Domarus as he blocked each attack.  The dark elf was getting impatient and made a reckless strike to Domarus.  Domarus could easily destroy the elf with one crushing blow but he wanted to make the battle longer, more enjoyable.  Thus instead he parried the blow with his Gauntlet.  The sword ended up piercing his chest plate but it dealt minimal damage with his MIT.  And the idiot dark elf slammed his shoulder into Domarus' spiked gauntlet and roared with pain.  Domarus yanked it out and slashed it across the boss' face, shattering the elf into a thousand pieces.  Afterwards he put his equipment away, replacing his armor with dragon bone once again, a look of boredom and disappointment on his face.

"Well that was quite the opposite of what I said now wasn't it?"  He made his way over to Ivory and gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder.

"At least we killed the boss for you.  We better make our way back to retrieve it.  You have any plans after you get it or you free?  I normally just grind monsters the entire day so my schedules flexible."

ID#  69466  BD:  10  CD:  7  MD:  9

Domarus:  200/200  (9+1-27=1 dmg.  regeneration:  +1)

Dark Elf:  Deceased.  12 thorns damage

@Ivory Lotus

Edited by Domarus

Ivory smiled at him. "I dont mind that it took a bit longer than expected. It was quite entertaining watching you two dance around like that. You definitely have talent for fighting." She nodded as he said that they should go back to retrieve the quest reward, fiddling with her glove as she did so. She had been hoping to be able to show off and heal him a bit, but it seemed like that wasnt going to happen. "I dont have any plans. I usually just nap and talk to random people, so my schedule is always free." She replied, impressed by what he said his day was filled with. She couldnt imagine grinding all day and how boring that must be, even if he did have Kere's there to keep him company. "We've already done what I want to do, so how about you decide this time. Im not good at making decisions quickly."

@Domarus

Domarus listened to Ivory talk about how she didn't mind how it took longer.  However for Domarus, it wasn't that long.  In fact he had hoped for a much better fight.  Unfortunately the boss was way under his own level of gear.  It was something he wanted of course, but he wanted to be invincible to other players.  He did occasionally want a challenge.  It seemed however that this would not happen for a little while.  He needed to level grind until he reached a position where even if he was facing an actual challenge he had minimal chance of death.  This included level, the right gear, and the perfect skills.  Which meant he'd need to contemplate on which skills he'd be needing.  Anything towards damage was an obvious, armor skill as well, battle healing... Possibly.  He'd need to do some studying.  Ivory continued to talk about her day and how she spent almost no time doing anything productive.  He wondered why the girl had no big goals or plans to complete.  Most people did.  He heard her ask him to make a decision  about what they do next and he thought for a moment.  

"I suppose we could continue doing quests together.  I definitely need to get my hands on a familiar soon, though I heard it's a long quest.  I plan on crafting an LD item before going on that one.  I'm always up for combat of course so we could do a quest with that.  If I may ask, do you happen to have anything in search and detect or gatherer?"  Domarus was focusing on combat entirely, and Keres for some reason didn't care about experience or levels.  She wanted Domarus to have it all rather than share some of it.  It definitely showed her loyalty and determination to remain the servant he thought.  Thus even though she searched for him she was about as skilled in it as he was.  He needed a scout general, or follower, and fast.  Thus he would be able to gain materials at a massive rate.  

"I suppose we could either fight monsters as they come up, or search for materials now that we've beaten the boss.  After we collect your armor that is."

@Ivory Lotus

"No, im a healer." She said. She had some extra skill points, but she had been planning on spending them in combat related skills. Now that she thought about it maybe she should get some scout related skills though. That way she wouldnt have to hurt anybody and she could still continue to help out other people. "I might make a healer scout hybrid though... I've already pretty much finished with the healer part." She explained as they walked back towards the blacksmiths. When they reached the shop she ran in to accept her reward, trading the blacksmith the item they had gotten from the dark elf and getting a leather coat that looked exactly like her normal one. She unequipped her coat and put the new one on, marveling at how similar it felt to her old one. This one would help her dodge things though, unlike her other one. She walked out of the shop, smiling. "Anyways, as I was saying, I have some free skill points, so if you need someone who can do scout things I can help out. I thought about it a bit, and the healer scout hybrid build might be the best one for me."

@Domarus

Domarus listened and heard her mention she was a healer.  He still needed a healer general, but somehow he figured that unless she changed a little, there was no way she would be his general.  She would be there when he needed her of course, but overall she would not be by his side.  A scout and healer hybrid might be useful to have around however, and he was disappointed she wouldn't be joining him.  He could try manipulating her but she was so much like Esther he didn't want to.  Besides, he didn't expect to have all of Aincrad in his grasp, there would be some who resisted, or would be left untouched.  However she would definitely be an ally.  As a scout and healer hybrid she along with Esther when he freed her could provide him with plenty of materials for his shop.  When they reached the blacksmith Domarus waited as the man forged her leather armor.  When she switched it with her normal coat, she seemed to find it comfortable.  He nodded.

"Now you'll have nine MIT with that armor.  It's not much but it's a start when it comes to combat.  I only use my armor when I go into towns and don't want to scare the hell out of others."  The dragon bone armor paled in comparison with his new set.  Hope breaker had twenty seven MIT, and the gauntlet part of the set possessed two thorns and regeneration.  Perfect equipment for combat he thought.

"If you do choose a scout and healer hybrid you'll be able to get materials easily.  With that you could easily get better equipment, or use it for your shop.  If you have luck like mine though, you're normally bone dry on materials.  So what are your plans for the rest of the day?  Going to hang out with me for a bit longer or heading home?"  Keres grinned after his question.  She wanted to get to know Ivory a bit more to see if she was exactly like Esther, or if she was less fun.  

@Ivory Lotus

She smiled. "I dont really need the evasion. Im a healer, so i dont actually really do anything but heal the people who take and deal the damage. Maybe it will be useful if I ever find myself in a pvp fight." She said. Ivory looked over at Keres who was grinning for some reason. "Well, If I go home all im going to do is nap. I wouldnt mind hanging out with you for a while if your up for it." She glanced around the settlement, wondering if they had anything fun to do, like ziplining or a monster arena. Ivory really wished that Kayaba had implemented some sort of monster arena that parties could enter and fight mobs and stuff for prizes. "So, what sort of plans do you have for the rest of the day?" She queried, rolling the sleeves up on her new coat just like the ones on her other coat had been. She had a very specific style, and not having the sleeves rolled up made her seem much more serious. When the sleeves were rolled up she really looked like she was ready to get messy and have adventures.

@Domarus

As Ivory talked about how all she did at home was nap Domarus thought about how opposite they were in their time.  When she asked him what his plans were he shrugged.  

"When I'm not with other players I usually just grind mobs and levels.  I take frequent brakes when my stamina is low, in which case Keres chooses to search for materials for my shop.  When it hits the end of the day I check on the town to see if there's any suitable, or determined players I might run into.  Despite how many pathetic cowards crawl through that town who can't even look a grown man in the eye without screaming or running in fear.  The good ones seem to be coming out of hiding at last so I'm keeping my eyes out for potential followers.  In short, no I don't exactly have plans today."  He chuckled and turned to Ivory.

"Another player made me realize that I tend to get too wrapped up in my plans to relax.  Perhaps you and Keres could help with that.  To slow down from time to time.  For now of course, we still have things to get done.  We could do a quest, gather materials, or just talk some more.  Either way we're doing something."  

@Ivory Lotus

OOC- sorry for the short post

Ivory frowned. "Some people were broken by being trapped in this game. Others got stronger. The fear overwhelms too many people, especially with that whole spree of player killings that occurred a few months ago. Some people just dont want to take risks anymore. Its very sad." She looked over at Domarus and smiled. "Still, it seems like a lot of people have been getting over that recently. I've been seeing a lot of new faces. Still, it seems like every time things level out like this and get better something happens. I wouldnt be surprised if this coming up boss fight leads to the death of multiple frontliners. That just seems to be how it works in this game. I think it's Kayaba's way of motivating us to continue striving to escape rather than just settling for this world." She looked around the settlement once more. "I really dont know what to do... You decide."