{PP-F3} Truth and Lies, Weakness or Strength? -Ivory Lotus and myself- <<Worn out Welcome>>

It seemed to Domarus that Ivory didn't fully understand that sometimes there were players who refused, no matter what, to do anything.  That some simply wanted to let others do the work for them while they squander their pitiful lives.  However he did not press the point.  Instead he gave a simple nod.  When she mentioned how front liners would most likely die in the boss battle and how she thinks it was a way to motivate them Domarus shrugged.

"The death of those players will increase other's motivations, not change them.  Players seeking to escape and fight will work harder towards that goal.  Players working in the shadows will take more precautions to ensure their safety.  Players cowering in fear will only grow further afraid of the world outside the safety of the towns.  Death is funny that way.  No, the only way to change the hearts of players is if the death occurs in a very specific way.  Very rarely is it a natural occurrence.  Don't think for a second however that I intend on using death.  No no.  I can change minds without killing anyone, nor do I wish to.  A kingdom with no citizens, or even a kingdom with unhappy citizens or fearful citizens, is a kingdom that will fall."  Then she told him to decide for them on what they should do.  Now that was something Domarus could agree to.  In fact, he was missing that sense of command.  He always had it but it was when others put him into that position themselves where the real power kicked in.  The ability to command others to do your bidding.  Yet whenever he gave orders he did so as if it were a request.  An intelligent man would see that the loyalty of his followers forced them to do his bidding even if they didn't realize it.  It was odd in a way.  His followers had both the free will to do what they wanted, and yet were tied to his will at the same time.  He nodded to Ivory.

"Very well.  In that case I have two options.  We could either get a drink or bite to eat, maybe both, or we could gather some materials.  I could use more materials, and I tend to forget to take a break from all the grinding from time to time."

@Ivory Lotus