[PP-F1] Dawn Brings New Beginnings <Itzal and Aereth> Completed

From the streets below a few players look up to see the familiar player known as Itzal leap from beam to beam across the rooftops, traveling faster than he would on the roads.  That was one of the great things about parkour.  Itzal leaped to another roof, his deep purple trench coat flowing behind him.  As he landed and rolled he turned sharply before jumping towards the edge, turning around just enough to catch the rim with his hands, then letting go before grabbing halfway and finally pushed himself off, rolling as he made contact with the ground.  The crowd barely reacted as it was normal to see him do this at this point.  He was close by to his favorite pizza restaurant and decided to walk the rest of the way.  The last few weeks had been interesting as he worked to adjust to Soul Barrage, a sword technique he had recently mastered, or rather, the former split personality of his.  It wasn't really a split personality but it was also complicated to explain the details so he just said it was.  However, taking advice from his girlfriend Kasier, he had decided to take the day off and slow down a bit.  He'd start with eating his favorite food.

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aereth was walking slowly through the streets lost in his thoughts all alone. “Man I have to get stronger really soon if I want to help clearing this dammed death game… I can’t just stay here and waste more time, I have a promise to keep…

Then seemingly out of nowhere a player dropped to the floor. A little bit surprised he sees him rolling a little to soften the impact. As Aereth walks over to the player he notices that he also seems to be lost in thoughts. “Hey friend, are you hurt or something?”, Aereth asks as he offers him his hand. “Oh by the way, my name is Aereth. It’s nice to meet you.”, Aereth says with a little smile.

Hm maybe I can ask him a few things about the game, since I do not really know how to stand on my own feet in this game. And he also looks powerful and experienced.”, he thought at the same time.

Edited by Aereth

Itzal heard a voice and turned around, seeing the player for the first time.  He didn't recognize this player and his comment made it clear he hadn't seen Itzal on the rooftops before.  Made sense actually since most people rarely looked up.  Itzal smiled.  "Huh?  Oh that?  Nah, I'm good.  I mastered parkour a long time ago and a jump like that is nothing."  He should have seen me jump off that tower on floor eleven.  That was fun.  "Parkour is hard to master but it can be a great tool to use when the streets are crowded.  Rooftops never are crowded after all."  He took the man's hand and shook it with a smile on his face.  "Aereth eh?  Reminds me of a famous D&D map, though I never ended up playing the game.  Nice to meet you!  I'm Itzal.  I was about to go get some breakfast if you'd like to join me.  My treat of course,"  he finished with a grin.  Some thought he was stupid just helping out random people on the street, or even offering to feed them upon first greeting, but he found that it was the best way to meet someone.  There was one player whom he had a little trouble with, but he eventually helped calm him down enough to have a decent chat with him.  Itzal wondered what kind of a man this player was.  Whether he was rude or a nice fellow to talk to, he clearly needed help. 

@Aereth

Wow, that's kinda awesome. It saves you a ton of time, and besides it also looks kinda cool. I didn't even know you could do stuff like that.” “Now he most definitely knows that I'm completely new to this game…” He thought while awkwardly scratching the back of his head. Then he felt a small frown creep over his face. He hated to admit it but he is weak. Weak and unexperienced. He needed somekind of mentor who showed him the mechanics of the game. The frown then immediatly got replaced by a big smile after hearing the word breakfast.

Shaking his head he answered “Haha, never heard of it, I also never played D&D before. To be honest, this is one of my very first RPGs but breakfast sounds really nice. Is there a special restaurant where you want to have breakfast?” He said to Itzal while they started walking.

He really looks like a very nice guy. Offering free breakfast to a stranger while dropping from a building.” Aereth thought and chuckled a little bit to himself.

Also by the way, can I ask you some questions about this game? I mean if you have time and if it doesn't bother you too much?

Itzal listened to Aereth as he talked about how cool it was and he nodded with a grin.  "Yeah, I love the adrenaline rush you get from it too.  You still have to be careful of course, as fall damage does exist, but once you get rid of the fear of heights that doesn't become the biggest issue.  And yeah, I was about to have pizza for breakfast unless you'd like to eat someplace else."  He was realizing just how weird it was to have pizza for breakfast, but it was all he could think about really.  And this player might help Itzal try out some new food.  Then Aereth asked if he could ask a few questions about the game.  Itzal nodded and chuckled at the end of his talk.  "Aereth, it's part of the job I chose to help others out.  My friends and I formed a guild just to do that.  I'm the scout paladin councilor and there are three others:  The tank, dps, and healer paladin councilors.  We all seek to help new players get a good stand on their feet so they don't end up dying, or so they can reach their goals.  How may I be of assistance?"  He bowed a bit when he said the last part with a smile.  He liked Aereth already, straight to the point he seemed.  However he was certain there was more to him that met the eye.  Everyone was like that.

@Aereth

Yeah I kind of know what you mean. The adrenaline rush is amazing. Especially after you finished everything, but your heart still beats like crazy and your feet feel like pudding. Pizza sounds great. Back in the real life, we used to eat cold pizza for breakfast when we didn’t have any time left to prepare one. Although now I would prefer a hot one.” Somehow this thought made Aereth happy and sad at the same time. “Now is not the time to get sentimental.” Quickly dismissing the bad thoughts, Aereth listened to Itzals explanation of his job as the scout paladin councilor in the guild he is in. Really impressed by the fact that he met a paladin councilor of a gulid that helps and supports people new to the game, he nearly tripped over his own feet. “That’s really impressing that you are the scout paladin councilor of your guild. And please don’t bow for me. I should be the one bowing in front of you.” He said while lowering his upper body to a bow. “Thanks for hearing out my questions. So first of all I would like to ask you, how should I start levelling up the most efficient way, because due to the fact that I am only level one right now I am quite afraid to go outside for a hunt or so. And second, how should I spend my skill points without wasting them for more or less useless skills. As for now I have either a fast and high DPS, or a scouting-build in mind. Or just some general help in how to watch out for myself outside of the city would be great.” After that he raised his upper body back to a normal stance and thought to himself, “Was that too much to ask? I don’t want to scare him away, just after our first meeting… Dammit Aereth that was definitely not cool…

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal listened to Aereth talk about how he used to have pizza cold but then later said he preferred it hot.  Itzal decided to trust his judgement on it.  When the player told him that it was he who should be bowing and used the entire title Itzal chuckled.  "No formality is needed.  I can't speak for the others, but while I am the only master scout in the guild at the moment, I'd like the relationships between all the members of the guild to be more of a family or friend based.  If we focused mainly on ranks that would separate everyone and create tension.  Relationships and bonds are far more important than titles."  He listened to Aereth ask his questions as they neared the restaurant.  By the time he finished they were at the door.  "Here, let's order something and I'll answer them all."  As they sat down the menus were passed to them and he opened his, looking at Aereth as he did so.  "If you want you can order a full pizza and store any leftovers in your inventory.  They stay warm until their durability is almost depleted.  I'll be having a pepperoni pizza please."  The woman nodded and after Aereth ordered Itzal folded his hands in front of him and began to answer his questions.  "Ok, so leveling and skills should be determined by the overall build you want to go for.  DPS focuses on all out damage, not really worrying about their defense since tanks usually have their backs.  Scouts on the other hand focus on their searching skills.  We are the ones who look for dungeons, gather materials, find the boss room, etc.  And believe it or not, having a high search and detect skill, as well as the right equipment enhancements, could quite possibly get you better loot than others from monsters.  However even a scout should invest some in their sword skill.  If you want to be a dps, go all out sword skill first would be my recommendation, but as I'm not the dps paladin, you'd need to talk with Hikoru about that.  Or another dps if you aren't interested in our guild, which I don't mind if you aren't.  If you wanted to be a scout then I could definitely help with that.  Either way I wouldn't go for light armor skill for a good long while with either dps or scout.  Tank or healer would definitely need it but we don't, or shouldn't.  As for watching out for yourself, the first step would be to never go out by yourself, and if you do, search for materials.  The first level is a real pain since you could easily be destroyed if you're alone."

@Aereth

After hearing Itzals explenation of how he sees his position in his guild, Aereth smiled and thought to himself "If everybody in his guild is like him, then it doesn't seem far fetched when he says that they are more like a family than a guild. I really like that thought." While entering the restaurant and finding a place to sit Aereth said "I agree with you wholeheartly, when you say realtionships and bonds are far more important than titles, but in my oppinion, also and appropriate ammount of respect for his superiours is needed." Just after saying this they found a place to sit and began to look through the menu. Then Itzal said that he would answer all the questions Aereth asked after ordering the meals. "So, am I going to eat a simple salami pizza or should I go with a Neapolitan one?" "I think I'm going with a salami today." After Itzal ordered his pepperoni pizza Aereth also ordered his salami one. "As for now I have a more or less a fast and mobile build in my mind, so tank and healer are out for me right now. The tasks of a scout sound very interesting to me. So maybe you could show me the basics of scouting and searching for materials, if you have the time." Aereth said full of hope. Because what would be better than to learn directly from a person which is so experienced like Itzal. "But before you decite whether you want to help me or not, I have to say that I have nothing to repay you." Aereth admitted sadly. "Unless you want to learn how to dance." Aereth joked. 

Itzal listened as Aereth insisted on some form of respect due to his rank and Itzal shrugged.  "As you wish my friend."  When Aereth sat down, ordered his pizza, and listened to what Itzal had to say, Itzal took his turn to listen to Aereth.  He smiled when Aereth said he was interested in the scout side of it and when he asked if Itzal could train him he nodded.  "If that's what you want then I most certainly can and will.  And no there's no payment needed, I enjoy helping others out."   When Aereth heard that he could teach Itzal how to dance however he hesitated.  He had never spent any time in the school other than the classes.  Locking himself in his own room kind of made that hard.  Thus his social skills weren't the greatest when he entered this game.  His friends helped him get out of that but he lacked dancing skills, and now that he had a girlfriend...  "What, kind of dancing to you teach?"  Perhaps Aereth could help him out in this area.  "Also, if you want to be a scout you won't be doing much combat as a dps or tank would.  That's perfectly fine as you can still level up without mob grinding, however I'd suggest getting that sword skill of yours up to rank three before going all out scout skills.  I can help you every step of the way if that's what you want."  Suddenly the food was placed before them and Itzal smiled at his friend before taking his first slice.

@Aereth

While Aereth talked about how he was interested in maybe becoming a scout he noticed the smile that started to form on Itzal's face. After hearing that Itzal doesn't want anything in return for helping him, and that he could help him every step of the way, Aereth started to smile broadly. "You would really do that for me? That would be straight awesome. But I have some more questions. Will I be able to stand my ground agains some simple monsters on my own when I become stronger or will I have to rely on others in this regard? And are there some dangerous players that I should avoid?" Aereth asked stll smiling, but he also noticed how Itzal hesitated a little bit after he heard that he would teach him how to dance as a repayment for the efforts Itzal is going to put into the training. "Maybe he wants to suprise somebody special with the dancing..." Aereth thought to himself and smiled warmly to Itzal. "If you are interested I can teach you all Ballroom dances, which are Slow Walz, Tango, Viennese Walz, Slowfox, and Quickstep, and some Latin dances being Samba, Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, Paso Double and, my favourite, the Jive. And it would be an honor for me to show you how to do one, some or even all of them." He said while still smiling. Then the waitress placed the two meals in front of the two friends. "Do you have girl or a female friend which you could take with you, since this are all couple dances which require a male and a female to dance together?" After asking this question, Aereth also took a bite of one of the delicious smelling slices.

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal listened to Aereth give out his first concerns and he nodded.  "Until you get your sword rank high enough and get decent equipment as well, I'd suggest sticking with a partner when going out for combat.  I don't know what armor would be good for a dps, but as a scout I chose to give my weapon status effects, my armor has evasive, and my ring has accuracy.  As for players to avoid, people are afraid of Opal but I don't think she's one who would kill the innocent, despite the appearance that she will.  Teayre I'm not so sure of.  With her husband's help, Calrex, who turns out to be the highest level player in Aincrad, I hope to become her friend and get to know her a little better.  So, for now I'd avoid Teayre.  I don't personally know any other players though."  When the player mentioned ballroom dances Itzal refrained from blushing.  The very thought of dancing in a ballroom with Kasier was nerve racking.  When he mentioned a partner he folded his hands and stared at the table for a moment.  "Well, yes, I do have a girlfriend...  And that's why I need to learn dancing.  In the real world I sort of locked myself in my room and got no social interaction.  Perfectly good reason for doing so, just.  I have no clue what I'm doing."  He shook his head before looking at Aereth again and took another bite of pizza.  "So do you have any other questions?  If not I suppose we could discuss how you want to spend the next couple of days.  Again, DPS and scout are two different paths:  DPS towards combat and Scout towards material gathering, player detecting and also spotting dungeons and such."

@Aereth

"The only thing I want is, that later when I have higher sword skills and good equipment I want to be able to fight simple mobs on my own." Aereth said after taking another bite from is pizza. "Ah... Thats some good stuff. And thanks for the information about Opal and Teayrne. I will be careful around Teayrne." Then Aereth noticed how Itzal fell silent for a moment after Aereth mentioned the word ballroom. Just when he was about to ask if everything was ok, Itzal answered that he has a girlfriend which is the real reason why he wants to learn how to dance. "Just by looking at him I can say that he really loves her. She must be the special one for him. And I'm sure he's trying his best not to blush right now." he thought slightly chuckling. While Itzal talked about his real life back in the real world, Aereth thoughts also drifted back to the real world... "How long until we get out of here? Will you have the patience to wait for me? Is it even fair for to assume that you would wait for me?" All this thoughts turned the chuckling into a little frown. Quickly dismissing the frown, he said. "Think about it my friend. It' like I said, it would be an honor, and the least I can do for you, if I could show you and  your girlfriend some steps. I'm sure it woud be fun. And as for now I don't have anymore questions. I think that I am going to take the sout path. And I'd be greatful if you could teach me, and help me on my way."

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal listened and nodded to his new friend.  "If you want to solo simple monsters then I would get your sword rank up first.  I currently take on the weakest mobs to avoid getting myself killed, but since I've grandmastered my sword skill, and have tier two equipment I can take on four monsters at a time.  Heh.  I remember fighting a wolf by myself.  Both of us kept missing so many times it wasn't even funny then.  I laugh about it now though.  As I said, not a good idea to solo in combat at this stage.  I guess you'll need to decide if you want to solo combat after you get rank three search and detect, or before.  If you get rank three search and detect you can purchase the reveal mod which helps you spot players and dungeons easier."  He listened to Aereth talk about how he'd be honored to teach him and Itzal chuckled lightly to himself before moving on to his third slice of pizza.  "Well, I don't know about honored but that's great to hear.  And yeah if your serious about being a scout I can take you outside when we're done eating and we can start now or later.  However I must ask you a question:  There are two ways I could train you.  Either we have sessions every now and then, in which I could teach you the basics of scouting and such, or you could be my apprentice.  If you chose to be my apprentice you would be a temporary member of the Celestial Ascendant's guild until you're training was complete, or if you decided to stick around and help us train other players and or help further the guild.  I'm cool with either way, I just need you to decide."  If he chose to be an apprentice Itzal could probably show him much more such as parkour, strategy, sword technique, etc.

@Aereth

"Nah, thinking of it, it's not the most important thing I want. My main goal is to become a fast and mobile unit, and I think the scouting skills will also benefit me if I want to run a shop later on." Aereth replied after finishing his third slice. "Then let's say it would make me happy, if I could show you something that I am good in. And if it's making you and your girlfriend happy too then this only doubles my joy." He replied with a small smile on his face. Then Itzal asked him if he wanted to spend the day with him practising.  "Sounds great, I don't particularly have something to do for today so that would be awesome." Then however Itzal offered Aereth to join his guild as his apprentice which hit him a little bit off guard. "I would love to become your apprentice. And since I don't know anybody else but you in this game, and I want to give be able to give back something to you and your guild.  But are your other guild members ok with me joining? Because I don't want to cause you trouble with your other friends."

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal listened as the player mentioned trouble for the guild and Itzal shook his head.  "I need to talk with the other Paladins of course, but I'm pretty sure they'll be fine with it.  Once we discuss and agree to let you into the guild, I'll have to do an initiation with you.  After that we can begin your training in earnest."  If this works out I'll have two apprentices.  That might work out actually.  Not dark rivalries but friendly competition might work.  It would help them push harder to surpass the other.  He just needed to make sure they didn't push too hard.  He finished his last slice and stood up from his seat.  When Aereth did the same he nodded for him to follow.  When they exited the restaurant he pointed to the gates.  "I don't tend to do well in crowds.  I'll meet you there ok?  If you want to keep your eyes on me, well.  Keep them up."  With that he rushed at the wall and began scaling it, reaching the rooftop in seconds.  When he did he began running to the city gates, leaping across the roofs, and jumping from beam to beam when there was too large of a gap.  Parkour was hard to learn, but once mastered could get you anywhere quickly.  He soon reached the gate and leaped to the ground, rolling as he landed, and waited patiently for Aereth.

@Aereth

After hearing about the other paladins and the initiation Aereth said "That's really awesome. I will try my hardest to meet your expectations in me." Then the two friend finished their breakfast and went out of the restaurant. "Keep them up?" Aereth asked confused, but after seeing him going for the roofs he understood very fast. "Man, that guy is really fast." He thought while he started to run in the general direction of the gates. However, he didn't want to take the crowded main streets, so he took the first empty side ally hoping that he would reach the gate faster by avoiding the slow crowd. "I have to get this parkour skill mastered quickly or otherwise I will never be able to catch up with his speed. And I have to train harder from now on. Much harder." His eyes changed from soft and warm to determined and cold. Just as he exited the last ally a group of three players got in his way and he had no chance to stop before hitting them. "Juuuuuump." He screamed while jumping over the heads of the seemingly surprised players and landing in front of his waiting friend. "Haha sorry if I made you wait for too long." He said a little bit emberassed while scratching the back of his head. 

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal saw his friend approach and when he landed he smiled.  "Hey nice jump!  Well then, out to the forest then.  Then we can go ahead and talk about the basics."  As they walked towards the forest Itzal noticed several boar turning their attention towards the two players.  When Itzal looked at them they recognized him and thought twice about it, wandering away.  At this point only the higher monsters on this floor dared challenge him.  Sometimes he had to charge them first.  As they neared the forest Itzal began to explain.  "Ok, so for scouting, there's multiple goals.  Searching for sub dungeons, the boss room, but one of the much more common ones is gathering materials.  Materials are used to craft items with a profession.  They can also be used to buy items.  Looking for materials is easy.  You just look around for anything that could be used by any of the professions.  The professions available are blacksmith, artisan, tailor, alchemist, cook, fisherman, performer and merchant.  Looking for materials is easy.  However there's an art to searching for them as well.  So how about we start by looking for something simple like mushrooms, herbs, and other things for cooking........  What?  That pizza got food into my mind, it's all I can think about."

@Aereth

ID# 69362 results:

Loot: 4

"Haha, thanks. Yes let's go out then. I hope I can do this parcour stuff to in some point of time." Aereth replied. While they were walking Aereth noticed how all the low level monsters in this area were avoiding Itzal for some reason. "Must be because he is such a high level. It is impressive how the Cardinal system even notices such things." Aereth thought while they still walked. Just as the party of the two friends reached the entrance of the forest Itzal began to explain what the areas of responsibility were for a scout. "Haha. But it is suitable to look for mushrooms and berries in the forest. Let's do it." Then they started to look for materials in the near area. After a short time of silence Aereth turned his head to Itzal. "But there I have another question: How do I get a profession? And which one should I get?" still looking at Itzal.

@Itzal

OOC: Please correct me if I'm doing anything wrong. ^^

Edited by Aereth

Itzal turned to Aereth.  "Hmm?  Oh, well I guess that depends on why you want a profession.  I chose performer because I love to sing and play music.  Others do it for the col.  I mean, I'd love to get col but I haven't had a single customer so far.  I mean, I don't exactly need the col at the moment, but I will in the future.  So in the meantime I considered collecting materials and selling them.  Still trying to figure out the price for it though.  Anyways, with scouting for materials or dungeons, you'll need to work on your search and detect skill.  Makes everything easier to find.  If you want to sell materials, or need lots to craft, I suggest getting gatherer at some point.  It increases the materials you find greatly.  I just got it recently actually."  Itzal scanned the vicinity and peered into each bush, behind each tree.  He also looked into the trees and holes, everywhere most players didn't look.  Then he spotted four tiny herbs hanging off of a branch.  Itzal grinned and scaled the tree swiftly, made his way to the herbs, and collected them before leaping back onto the ground, bending his knees when his feet made contact with the ground.  "Like this for example.  Normally it would have been just one, but the gatherer skill allowed me to collect three extra.  Very useful.  You can also purchase gear that amplifies your searching skill." 

ID#  69363  LD:  16+6=22

+4 MAT

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"As for what I like, I would love to become a blacksmith, because to be able to craft your own weapons would be straight awesome. So the materials can also be sold huh... That would mean, you could also make some money as scout on your own." He answered Itzal. "And what would be the profession in which you can earn the most money? Now regarding my skill-build, in which order should I use my Skill-Points? First to rank 3 OHSS, then S&D?" Then he noticed how Itzal looked at a specific branch in the area. And found herbs hanging hanging from said branch. "Wow. Four of them? That gatherer skill is so broken in combination with your LD boosting gear." Aereth stated in awe. He tried his hardest to find anything in the surrounding area, but wasn't able to find anything. "I definitely want to become a good scout if that means you can find this amounts of materials and everything else." Aereth said in a voice full of determination.

ID# 69365 results:

Loot: 1

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth