[PP-F1] Dawn Brings New Beginnings <Itzal and Aereth> Completed

Itzal gave a shrug when Aereth asked which profession made the most money.  "You know buddy I honestly have no idea.  I think you'll need to shoot for something everyone needs and just be as active as possible.  Although I did hear that professions might be updated soon.  You might want to wait for that to happen.  Oh, and until that happens, do you have anywhere to sleep?  I have a guest room in my shop so you could stay there until you get a shop of your own if you want.  As for skill points that again depends on if you intend to do any combat.  However yeah, getting rank three in a sword skill would be useful.  I can help you level grind and quest grind to get you up there too.  There's also a bunch of randomly generated quests out there that you can take that aren't combat orientated.  Either way I don't recommend combat, especially alone, without a good skill rank and good equipment.  Once you get your sword rank to three then I'd recommend getting S&D to rank three, get reveal, and then finish grandmastering your sword art.  That's what I did...  Well, actually I made one or two mistakes but that doesn't matter.  There are also extra skills out there you can get your hands on.  I have meditation and survival."  Itzal scanned the area and spotted four mushrooms hiding in a small hole and reached in to retrieve them.

ID#  69368  LD:  16+6=22

+4 MAT

8 total

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Haha, just like in the real life. Hard work, passion and a little bit of luck are needed to be successful." Aereth chuckled. "Thanks for the info about the incoming update. If an update is around the corner, I would also prefer to wait. For now, sadly I don't have a place to stay. Up until now I've stayed at inns or slept outside of the weather was nice enough." He admitted and was touched by the kindness he was receiving. Then he answered with a smile "You are really a good and kind hearted person. But you also need to be careful. There is also a lot of scum here in Aincrad that is just trying to fool and take advantage of you." He said to Itzal with a concerned expression. "I trust you completely  regarding my training and skill levelling. I want to become a passable scout for you and your guild so you can Form me in any direction you want." Aereth said while getting on one knee and lowering his head. Aereth was a very loyal Type of human being. Or at least he thought of himself as a loyal person. While he lowered his head, he saw one single mushroom in front of him. "Wow finally some luck.

ID# 69411 results:

Loot: 20

Materials 1

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal nodded toward the players comment, agreeing with him.  When he heard his warning Itzal couldn't help but chuckle.  "And what would they do once inside?  They couldn't kill me, you can't steal from the display case without the key, and you can't enter players rooms at night without permission.  All he'd be getting was a free room to stay in.  That doesn't bother me much.  Although I do analyze people either way."  He heard Aereth talk about how he wanted to become passable and Itzal chuckled.  "Passable?  Aereth, hopefully by the time I'm done your skills will rival mine.  That's one of the better things about video games.  There is no imbalance.  Everyone has the same skill settings, nobody can surpass others...  Well, everyone except for those with unique skills that is.  That's something I want to do differently if I ever make a game like this."  Then he watched as Aereth bent down to grab something.  Then he realized that he wasn't getting anything, but rather it looked like he was kneeling.  Itzal shook his head, unseen of course by Aereth.  An apprentice who was kneeling before him.  This was the total opposite of what he wanted but he wasn't going to stop him.  It was his choice and he had no right to stop them.  Alisa had insisted on calling him Senpai after all.  Itzal noticed a crystal hiding in some bushes and grabbed them real quick before sitting down in front of Aereth. 

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"Haha, you got a point there. I suppose that's just my real life personality trying to be over careful." He laughed as well. "But I would appreciate it, if I could stay at your place, until I opened my own shop." he said while thankfully smiling at Itzal.  "That would be so awesome if I would be able to rival you. And I know it will be hard work until I will reach that point. But I will not go back on my word. I am looking forward to the time where we will look at each other as equal scouts." he said while offering Itzal a fist. "And by the way, do you have any other apprentices? Or am I the only one?" Then Itzal picked up something like a cube from some bushes and placed himself on the ground before Aereth. "Now what was that?" he asked curious, because Aereth never saw something like this before.

ID# 69437 results:

Loot: 13

Edited by Aereth

Itzal nodded to Aereth with a smile.  "No problem man.  Stay there as long as you need.  And that's my goal my friend.  I want you go achieve your hopes.  I actually have one other apprentice currently...  I need some time to think about how the training will go.  Whether to train you two together or separately.  Her name's Birdie."  He watched as Aereth pointed to the crystal and realized it must have looked weird for him to pick up something so random in a forest.  "Oh, this is a recording crystal.  My profession involves me playing and singing songs into these crystals, which can be played aloud for either entertainment or as a buff.  There's a certain enhancement that makes familiars easier to find actually.  There are three types of songs:  Attraction songs, healing songs, and debuff songs.  Though, because most of the enhancements aren't that good to most players nobody bothers to come by my shop.  I'm hoping the update will change all of that.  I especially hope that bosses can be debuffed.  Otherwise I doubt debuffs will be worth anything at all.Itzal noticed another flash and picked up a rare ore piece and grinned before tossing it to his friend.  "Ores, stones and such would be materials a blacksmith would use, so you might want to keep an eye out for those first.  When you get good enough though, you find a use for any material really."

ID#  69439  LD:  17+6=23

+4 MAT

-1 MAT (given to Aereth)

11 MAT total

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"Thank you so much. It kind of feels like today is the first day of a new life for me." Aereth said while also sitting down on the ground. "And the first day of a wonderful friendship." he thought with a smile. Then Itzal mentioned his other apprentice named Birdie. "That's cool. I'm looking forward to meet, and work with her." Then after hearing the explanation of the recording crystal, and listening to his business problems, new questions formed in Aereth's mind. "The idea behind the songs is good in my opinion, but if the debuffs don't work on bosses, the performer profession seems a little bit unbalanced in comparison to the other ones. And you talked about getting familiars. How do you even get the chance to tame one?" He asked Itzal with a curious expression. Catching the ore-like item Aereth tanked Itzal for the present. "Thank you my friend. I will store them, and hopefully use them when I'm able to do something with them."

ID# 69440 results:

Loot: 8

Materials 1 + 1 = 2 (present from Itzal)

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal sighed in agreement with his statement.  "Yeah, that's why I'm looking forward to this update.  I don't know what will happen of course, but surely it won't make my profession worse.  Oh a familiar?  Well there's a quest that can start you off on it.  Scouts have a better chance at finding them than anyone because it requires searching skills.  Familiar can be any animal that isn't longer than a forearm, however not all of them come with enhancements.  A lot of them don't and thus it's even harder to find a familiar with an enhancement.  I had a familiar but it ended up dying, so a friend of mine will be helping me search for one.  She was a purple dragon and a ball of fun as well.  Once you find it you need to feed it a good quality item which should be a cinch.  Simple as that my friend."  He kept his eyes peeled out for any materials or monsters in the nearby vicinity but saw nothing.

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"I really hope for you that this stuff gets fixed in the next update. Haha, looks like I made the right choice to become a scout." Aereth laughed. However, after hearing that Itzals familiar had to die, because of unknown reasons (for Aereth) Aereth stopped laughing and said. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to remember you of something bad or reopen old wounds." Still sitting on the ground, he looked around for some materials. Suddenly Aereth saw something sparkling behind a nearby bush. Behind the bush was a black shiny ore. It reminded him a little bit of a Onyx stone, so Aereth immediately picked it up, stored it in his inventory and sat back down to Itzals right. After some moments of uncomfortable silence, Aereth decited to ask, one again, a question. "So how are your other guild members like? I don't think we talked about them in the restaurant."

ID# 69445 results:

Loot: 19

Materials: 2 + 1 = 3

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal waved a hand dismissively to Aereth's apology.  "That was a while ago and I got over it.  She was an npc so she respawned.  I actually spotted her but she freaked out.  She didn't remember me when she respawned is all.  Just means I get to learn about her all over again is all.  No biggie.  As for the other guild members?  Well the other three paladans are Jonathan, Hikoru, and Kasier.  Jonathan was the one who helped found the idea for the guild with me, and he's the tank paladin.  Hikoru is relatively new and replaced Alisa, our dps paladin.  I don't know much about him except that he's a dps so I intend to spend a little time with him to get to know him.  And then there's Kasier.  She's my girlfriend and the healer paladin.  Other than them we have Birdie, my other apprentice, and Beatbox, a dps apprentice...  I guess he'll be under Hikoru now.  Works out I suppose." 

ID#  69488  LD:  5+6=11

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Seeing Itzal wave dismissivly at Aereth and explaining that he was over the death of the NPC, he relaxed again and let out a breath that he didn't even knew he was holding. Then Itzal talked about the other guild members. While Itzal's explenation Aereth found another ore in the bushes behind Itzal. He picked it up and stored it away, before returning to Itzal. "They all seem to be nice guys." he thought. "I'm really looking forward to meet them all." When Itzal mentioned Kaiser, Aereth noticed how he mentioned her at the end. With an extra sentence. "Oh that must be his girlfriend." Just as he finished the thought Itzal confirmed his assumption. Aereth looked at Itzal and it was undeniable that Kaiser had a special place in this man's heart. "She must be the one for you, huh?" Aereth stated while he looked faraway in the sky.

ID# 69490 results:

Loot: 16

Materials: 3 + 1 = 4

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal smiled to his friend.  "Yeah, they're really great people!"  Then he heard Aereth mention how she might be the one for him.  Itzal didn't know if he was making a joke or not but either way he let out a gentle sigh.  There was no need to explain his real life history to his friend right now, but he could give the general idea to help Aereth understand.  "Aereth, when I entered this game I had no friends, in game or in real life.  I didn't exactly have a social life at all.  So I have no idea what being a boyfriend really means.  I'm literally just going about it on a whim, winging it so to speak.  All that I do know is this:  Although it happened so suddenly, I found that I love her.  And so rather than trying to set up the perfect plan, I'm just going to focus on that aspect, and see where it goes."  He smiled as he looked up into the sky.  "My adopted sister, father and mother loved me with all their hearts so I have a pretty good idea of what love looks like.  I just never paid attention to how it progressed or blossomed.  Just the end result."  As he talked he picked up a nearby crystal, a much smaller one, possibly useful for an Artisan making jewelry, and inserted it into his inventory.

ID#  69493  LD:  15+6=21

+4 MAT

15 MAT total

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Smiling back to Itzal, Aereth said. "I hope they will like me..." Then Aereth noticed how Itzal sighed. He decided to stay silent, because he didn't want to make his first, and for now, only friend uncomfortable around him. After a short moment of silence Itzal chose to explain something to Aereth. He talked about how alone he was before this nightmare started, and that he just loves this girl from the bottom of his heart. "Look my friend, the first time someone falls in love, nobody knows how to be a good boy- or girlfriend and what he or she has to do. And it's like you said, a relationship isn't about setting up the perfect plan for everything. It's just about to show the person you love the feelings you have inside here." Aereth said while moving his right hand to his chest. "It also doesn't matter if you have had a social life in the real world or not. You are who you are right now. And that is the only thing that counts. You are a good person. You help low level player getting stronger, and you are the Scout Paladin of your guild. For me you don't seem to be the socially awkward guy, that you described earlier." After hearing Itzal talking about his real life family Aereth answered with a smile. "That's nice to hear that your family loves you that much. But trust me, you will experience what it means to let love grow and progresses. I also have a mother and a father back in the real world that I love over everything." After some moments of silence Aereth spoke again while looking back up to the sky. "And I have another person in the real world that I love..."

ID# 69497 results:

Loot: 10

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal nodded as the man talked.  "True enough.  I'll take those words to heart my friend."  Then he heard about his girlfriend in the real world.  Itzal looked at his friend with both interest to know more about her, but also compassion as he could understand why he wanted to get back so badly.  "We all have our reasons for getting back right?  If you don't mind, what is she like?  Maybe when we get out of here I could meet her.  If you don't want to share your real life information I completely understand, it's alright.  Especially since we just met.  We should probably start slow."   He spotted a purple verbana flower and picked it, adding to his inventory.  "How about normal questions about each other?  For instance, what's your favorite thing to do?  Besides playing video games obviously, heh."

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Aereth smiled, as his friend told him that he will take his words to heart. Then Itzal asked Aereth how his girlfriend is like. And that maybe someday he would like to meet her. Aereth looked back at the sky in a moment of silence. "It's no problem. I trust you. And since you also told me so much of your real life. I will also share some things with you my friend." He then smiled at Itzal. "I don't know how to start man... She is like one of the nicest and kind hearted persons I've ever met in my whole life. When I saw her the first time, I instantly knew that she will be the one for me." Then Aereth looked back up into the sky. "I think you would like her, and I also think that she would like you. And when we finally get out of here I would gladly introduce her to you. Now it's your turn to tell me what your girl is like. I mean if you want to." Aereth said while smiling. "Maybe I could also meet your girlfriend, since she is also a paladin of your guild." He chuckled softly while Itzal asked what his favorite thing to do was. "Back in the real world I loved to dance. It was also where I met my girlfriend. Dancing connected us because she also loved to dance, and after some time and hard work we started loving each other. Outside of that I really liked working on my little electronic projects.

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Aereth told Itzal about his girlfriend and how she was the nicest person he'd ever met and that brought a smile to Itzal's face.  When Aereth asked Itzal about Kasier he chuckled.  "Well I'm still learning about her myself, but I can tell you this:  She can appear rough sometimes, but she's really an extremely sweet and kind person.  She doesn't like being bored either.  She was the one who reminded me not to push too hard and to stop and relax from time to time.  How we got together was rather interesting.  It started when we got into a fight, and eventually into a duel.  Pretty soon I stabbed her, wining the duel, she pulled me in and, well, kissed me.  Pretty funny way of getting together right?"  He chuckled lightly.  "Yeah, somehow I figured dancing would be a hobby of yours.  What electronic project?"  he asked.  He himself was working to create submersive virtual reality games as well so when his friend mentioned electronics, something in his own area, he was immediately curious.

@Aereth

After Aereth finished talking Itzal started to explain to him how Kaiser was. "Yeah I know what you mean. In this regard our girlfriends are similar. Sometimes I also need somebody to calm myself down if I was pushing too hard. She was always the calm an collected one of us. Except when we went on competitions. Then she always got nervous and excited as f***." Aereth laughed. "I wouldn't say funny. I think it's kinda romantic." He said chuckling. Then Itzal asked Aereth what kind of projects he was working on. This hit Aereth a little bit by surprise because most times when he talked about his projects in the real world not many people were interested in his projects. Smiling Aereth answered. "Back in the past I built a little wheeled robot from scratch and programmed him so that he could follow a black line on the ground. I could explain it to you I did it if you want but I don't want to bore you." He laughed while he scratched the back of his head. "That was my first little project then I worked on some bigger ones with two of my friends. And right now I'm, I mean before I got trapped in here I was working on digital signal processing and a HMI for our latest project. If you want I can tell you about it, but like I said, I don't want to bore you."

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Aereth talked about his girlfriend and Kasier sounded the same.  He chuckled at the comment.  When he talked about how it sounded romantic to him Itzal could not resist cocking his eyebrow up.  "Me stabbing someone I'm angry at and her pulling herself into the sword to kiss me isn't weird at all?  I'd say that's the craziest 'let's get together' move of all time man."  He shook his head with a light laugh.  Then he heard Aereth talk about how he had built a small wheeled robot and when he mentioned his project and how Itzal would be bored he stared at him for a moment.  "You didn't know this, obviously since we just met, but I love anything related to technology and math.  I want to build something like this world we're in right now, another SVR game actually.  Only, much better, a bit more fair, magic involved, and no real life death or 'you can't leave' involved."  Itzal spotted something he thought was odd.  He leaned over and pulled out two very high quality wood.  Wondering what he could use this for he stored it in his inventory.

ID#  69606  LD:  20+6=26

+2 royal wood

Edited by Itzal

"I mean come on. The fight, the adrenaline and then you got so close. Leaning in for a kiss fits perfect." He said while chuckling at Itzals expression. Then he saw a small mushroom in the bushes and picked it up. After hearing that Itzal wanted to make his own VR world, Aereth was a little bit surprised but instantly smiled at him. "That's awesome that he also likes technology this much." He thought. Then his expression turned darker. "Before we continue with everything I feel like I have to tell you another thing from my life in the real world..." Aereth struggled to find the right words to tell him this one thing. "I hope he doesn't turn his back on me after hearing this. But I trust him, so I owe him the truth." He thought. "As I told you before, I really like electronics. That's also the reason why I was studying electrical engineering at a university. However, what I'm about to tell you is something I'm not very proud of..." another pause."But I feel like you have the right to know this. Back in the real world I had an internship at Argus for six months in the hardware development." After saying this Aereth waited for Itzals response with a guilty expression. 

ID# 69628 results:

Loot: 18

Materials: 4 + 1 = 5

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Aereth talked about how he and her met and he still didn't understand how it could be considered romantic but he didn't bother to press the matter.  It was a debate, discussion.  They were sharing their points with each other, not trying to convince the other that they were right.  Then he mentioned how he had something he needed to share and the way he said this made Itzal a bit concerned.  Aereth told him what he had done.  And after a moment's silence Itzal said, "That's it?  Aereth, Argus isn't to blame for what happened in this game, they had no clue.  Kayaba is.  Even if Argus refused to work with Kayaba he would still have ended up making this world one way or another.  It just would have happened later than he hoped.  Don't be afraid to associate yourself with that company.  In fact, I might want to see what you've learned and try teaching me a little bit.  I've got a journal I've been writing all my ideas for the SVR system in."  He scanned the area for any materials he could snag but there were none in sight.

ID#  69632  LD:  2

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Aereth waited patiently until Itzal responded to what he had said just a few moments ago. After hearing Itzals thoughts Aereth couldn't help but to feel relieved. "I'm glad you are seeing it this way. The staff had also no idea that this whole thing would turn out the way it did. But somehow I can't believe that this was all Kayabas doing. One person alone cannot accomplish something like this mess. There also have to be other big fishes that covered the whole affair. But thank you for your friendly words, and I would love to help you with your SVR system when we finally get out of here." Aereth smiled wholeheartedly at Itzal. "I'm really glad that I met such a great guy like him." He thought. "You are a reasonable and great guy. I respect that a lot my friend." Suddenly Aereth found another ore, this time a blue one, and stored it in his inventory.

ID# 69634 results:

Loot: 17

Materials: 5 + 1 = 6

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth