[PP - F2] Raven Hollow [Woods]

3da4268ab0f38ee68487721fd60b0d3c.jpg

The Woods

The moon is full. One might assume that this would come as a relief, and that the beams might provide some light, and some comfort. On the contrary, the silver moon simply illuminates the seemingly endless wall of trees, casting long shadows across the path. The ground is littered with dead leaves, and their crinkle is impossibly loud underfoot. The moon is also accompanied by rumors of great beasts, though perhaps most players do not believe in such things. The woods are best suited for players who do not mind the sensation of being turned around. And the sensation of being watched.

Spoiler

General Rules:

• If you are going to leave, make a post that you are doing so. Otherwise, you cannot post in another location.
  • If you plan to spawn a monster, make sure that it is the appropriate level for the people who are fighting with you.
  • If you are non-combat, and do not plan to partake in the battle, be sure to make it known that you are doing something else at the time.
  • Post order does not matter unless you are in combat, but please be respectful of others.
  • All OOC comments/questions can be directed to myself directly, or the Recruitment Thread.
Edited by Lessa

Fragmented polygons scattered with each step, as crinkled leaf after crinkled leaf was crushed beneath the golden boots the blonde donned. An exaggerated sigh escaped the gleaming knight as he entered the fabled woods looming with secrets unknown and monsters never before seen; or so he had been told. His crimson orbs danced from one waving shadow to the next, unsure of what he should be looking for in particular; as all the trees unsurprisingly looked the same. Coming to a halt, Oikawa brought up the event data once more. Supposed phenomena...protect the town...rumored haunting... Closing the menu, he rubbed his temples. For an event of this caliber he expected more clues to be given but then I guess it'd be too easy then. Waving the notion off, he continued to stalk through the forest, not caring to entertain the thoughts of what could be in the rumored woods.

Itzal had heard rumors of strange events happening on the second floor in the forest during the full moon.  He also had heard of strange beasts as well.  And what else would he do as a scout?  Nothing much.  He heard a rumor and was eager to check it out.  As he walked the forest he noticed that the trees were less stable than they usually were and thus unsuited for climbing.  It didn't matter much to him of course.  As he walked through the illuminated and yet shadowed forest he scanned the vicinity until his eyes landed on a familiar player.  He grinned and shook his head before walking over to Oikawa, dressed in his Twilight Cloak, his sword Ascendant's Rosario hanging on his left hip, and Oblivion Ring on his left hand.  "Oikawa!  It's been a while.  Last time I saw you, you had uh...  Well I'm not sure exactly what you pulled back there but I'm guessing it was some sort of test?  Anyways fancy seeing you out here.  You hear the rumors as well?"  He scanned the area real quick to make sure they wouldn't be interrupted before raising his hand to shake Oikawa's hand with a friendly smile. 

@Oikawa

"This is cute." Arc stalked through the trees with a wary expression, various sounds tugging his gaze in every direction at random. There was no calm to be found in the deceptively gentle glow of a pale moon. The mercenary turned his head at the sound he presumed came from another player's footsteps, though it was disjointed and he had yet to stumble on anyone else. His entire body jerked with the motion. "Yeah," he repeated, "this is really frickin' cute."

He almost jumped from his skin when someone called out, somewhere out in the trees. Oikawa! The voice was not as distinct as the name. Someone had seen the blacksmith and greeted him, which brought Arc's attention to the source of the sound. He picked up his pace and headed toward them at a jog.

When the two shadowy figures came into view, he felt relief rip through him. Being alone in this forest was something out of a horror movie. "Thank god," he murmured, though inaudibly. "Hey guys," he raised his voice in greeting, just to be sure neither of them would be taken off guard when he came closer. "It's good to see other people out here. Do you guys know what's supposed to be going on?"

Itzal turned to see another player and gave him a warm smile.  "Hey there!  I don't believe we've met.  My name's Itzal, pleased to meet you!"  He put his hands in the pockets of his coat.  "You hear because of the rumors too?  I was interested in checking it out.  Should be interesting.  Haven't spotted anything yet of course, but it's only a matter of time.  I was about to go searching if you wanted to join me."  Itzal looked back and noted that the exit of the forest was nearly out of sight.  He walked up to a nearby tree, pulled out Ascendant's Rosario, and carved a circle, then carved a line all around until it hit the other side.  He turned to the two players.  "This forest doesn't seem to have landmarks, so it might be a good idea to place markers.  I usually have mine made so that the circle is always looking at the exit, or to another marker.  In other words, permanent bread crumbs that point.  If you guys want to join me I'd love that.  Company is always better."  Itzal began making his way through the forest.  As he looked around he noted just how dull it was.  Sure the shadows added a cool effect but otherwise it was just a quiet forest.  Quiet he thought.  It had been a while since he had it.  Still, not hearing any monsters activated a subconscious caution safeguard, his eyes maintaining a steady and constant scan for anything out of the ordinary.

OOC- Itzal must roll a 20+ to find something

Edited by Itzal

The blonde's stroll came to a rolling halt, at the sound of his name. Materializing Ea, he whipped around to the source of the call out, only to find a lone player who he had met a few times.

"Itzal," hummed the golden knight. "You almost lost your head," he explained as he de-materialized the blade once more. As Itzal spoke of the recruitment overseeing the blonde had done some time ago, Oikawa's ear honed in on another noise. Raising a hand, he prompted Itzal to lower his voice. Scanning the area, Oikawa stopped as a sudden rustle of foliage grabbed his attention. From it, emerged Arc. Another player he become familiar with over the last few months in Aincrad. As Itzal, introduced himself, he attempted his best explanation of why he was here, echoing to an extent the same reason they were all there; the haunted rumors.

Flicking dirt from the shoulders of his armor, Oikawa turned to the two of them as Itzal began to head off, "While you are certainly entitled to leading this little scouting party, I do have a concern about your level regarding search and detect. What rank do you sport in it?"

"Hmm?"  Itzal muttered when Oikawa asked him a question.  "Oh, well I don't feel like I should lead anything first of all.  I just keep my eyes open is all.  As for my rank I'm currently rank three with a gathering skill, however I'm so very close to unlocking rank four.  I also have the reveal mod, but from what I heard dungeons just got much harder so unless I have some strong allies, like yourself actually, I don't intend to search for dungeons any time soon."  He noticed Oikawa prompting him to lower his voice and he nodded, confirming he got the cue.  "Pretty cool isn't it?  Nightime is beautiful in my opinion, especially with a bright moon.  Sure the mist messes it up a little bit, but the light of the moon and stars, the way the shadows cast themselves about."  He paused to carve another symbol in a tree, pointing to the first symbol just within sight.  "Pretty neat."  As he walked around his eyes caught a glimmer and he narrowed down his focus until he spotted it.  He made his way over and kneeled down to get a better look, digging at the dirt until he pulled out what looked like a medallion.  The medallion had a skull with demonic horns, and the edges had spikes pointed at the skull.  In the skull's open mouth was a dark ruby and words Itzal didn't recognize were written along the edge.  He walked over to Oikawa and showed the find to him.  "Any clue as to what this is?"

ID#  69575  LD:  17+6=23...  I kind of hoped for more time so I could come up with something but oh well.  Winging it it is

Edited by Itzal

The blonde meant no harm by his comment. He just wanted to make sure the lad was capable of keeping an eye out as he'd rather not watch prospective players such as Itzal and Arc be slaughtered by something ridiculous that could be lurking within the woods.

Nodding, Oikawa responded; his voice barely above a whisper. "Fair enough then. Our lives are in your hand little scout."

Just as they pressed further, Oikawa noticed Arc had fell silent. Batting a glance in his direction, Oikawa pondered what could be bugging the guy. Surely he isn't scared of the woods. Is he?

"Arc, everything alright there mate?" He had little time to listen to his response though, as Itzal quickly brought something to their attention. Grasping the medallion, Oikawa examined it briefly before tossing it back to the 'Beacon of Hope'.

"Surprisingly, I haven't the slightest clue what that is. Where'd you find it?"

He sighed after Oikawa made a comment about their lives in his hands.  "That doesn't exactly make me feel any better."  When Oikawa asked Itzal where he found the medallion he pointed to the tree, deciding to mark it with two symbols this time:  One was pointing to the other symbol as usual, but the other marked the area as important.  He then broke a branch off and stuck it directly where he found the medallion.  "Not sure why it was just lying in this very spot but we'll find out.  Whether it's an item generating spot, there's a structure nearby, or it was just dropped by a player we'll find out."  He looked back at the medallion closely once again.  "I have to say it's frustrating for me not to know these symbols.  I'm usually good with languages.  However these symbols are unlike anything I've ever seen in my life.  I might be able to figure it out as we search."  As Oikawa handed the medallion back he glanced around the area for anything else but spotted nothing.  Then he heard a scream of a player in the distance.  He turned his gaze and spotted what looked like a church.  Perhaps the medallion came from there?  Either way someone seemed to be in trouble so he rushed over to help.

OOC- Seems my title is spreading XD  Itzal has switched to the Church Topic

Edited by Itzal