[PP - F2] Raven Hollow [Jail]

d8e3f8d2f02e5428260eb77271837a43.jpg

The Jail

The two-story jail rests on the outskirts of town. The wooden building appears to be sturdy enough, though its stone chimney is crumbling, and its floors creek dangerously. Once inside, a player would find themselves surrounded by six holding cells, each with a rickety cot and a moth-eaten, raggedy blanket. Upstairs, the space is filled with desk, papers, and a single closet. Its door remains locked. Individuals are free to move between the two floors, but they should take caution - many have been pushed down by hands that were never there. Whatever lurks in the jail, it does not wish to play nice.

Spoiler

General Rules:

• If you are going to leave, make a post that you are doing so. Otherwise, you cannot post in another location.
  • If you plan to spawn a monster, make sure that it is the appropriate level for the people who are fighting with you.
  • If you are non-combat, and do not plan to partake in the battle, be sure to make it known that you are doing something else at the time.
  • Post order does not matter unless you are in combat, but please be respectful of others.
  • All OOC comments/questions can be directed to myself directly, or the Recruitment Thread.

Honestly, Kasier didn’t want to be part of this. She had heard about this “haunted” town phenomenal as a rumor but as she approached this town, she soon realized that perhaps it wasn’t just a haunted town, and maybe it wasn’t just a rumor either. The place reeked of danger and the mist along with the patches of dead trees didn’t help with the atmosphere or the mood either. Nevertheless, it was obvious that the area did not belong to a normal category. There was something about this town that scared Kasier, and that was a big statement, as Kasier wasn’t one to be scared of fake stereotypes.

She was here to prove that the place wasn’t haunted and now that she had signed up to do this, she would follow through with it. Plus, it wasn’t as if she was going to be the only one here, there would be other people who would join her and partake on this creepy adventure. Kasier hugged herself and shuddered, realizing that the temperature of the second floor seemed to have suddenly dropped by at least twenty degrees. This game is way too realistic. She thought, rolling her eyes when she stepped on a dead branch, forcing her to jump back. After a moment of silence, she looked around to see that nothing was nearby to get her.

This is just a stereotype… There’s nothing here. She convinced herself, walking forwards and noticing that there was a small building amongst the dead, black trees. First one here huh? I assume that this is the jail? She thought to herself, keeping her eyes on the lonely building. Hence she waited, knowing that she did not have enough wits to enter by herself and around her, all she could here was what she thought to be screams of the past. However, that was when she watched, as a shadow in the distance seemed to have entered the jail cell. But who is it? Or… What is it? There is no way that Kasier would go inside to find out… She did not have the wits to do so.

Edited by Kasier

...what is this place? I am only taking a stroll outside the city of Floor 2, only to suddenly find a path covered by moss that leads to this...abandoned building. By the looks of it, it seems to be a prison of some sort. There are at least six individual of the cells in the building, and at the second story, there are only two windows, both panes broken. Although the entirety of the medieval-esque prison gives me the willies, I suddenly have the urge to cleanse this place from whatever lurks within its vicinity. The cold breeze that is once calm to the touch, now gives off a chilly feel, as if it is doing the opposite to my state of mind.

Since I had nothing to do for the past days, I make the decision to venture into the prison to see the cells that are frozen in time, and to slay the monsters that dwell in the building for some reason. I don my suit of plate armor for around thirty minutes, and strap on to my tower shield as I step into the main 'lobby' of the prison.

Zandra was walking thru the forest down on floor two. Or, if you could call what she now walked thru was a forest, she wasnt sure. Everything had a grey tone over it, not a single mob or animal in sight. Here and there, placed quite some far distance between each others, was black dead trees. She had to admit that despite her high level, she felt a shill thru her spine as well as the feeling someone was watching her. Even when there isnt someone nearby in sight. So why was she walking thru this horror-story-forrst? Well, she had herd from one of her information source that there is a haunted house somewhere on the second floor. And Zandra had decided to go check it out.

She had found something looking like a path thru this dead forest that she followed. She again and again looked behind her since it always felt like a pair of eyes was watching her every step. After an hour of walking, she arrived at a buildnig that probably was the haunted hause she had herd of. As she gets closer, she spots two other players. One that was wearing some heavy plate armour that enters the house. And the other was someone familiar, the other healer Kasier. "Hello there Kasier." She whispered. She didnt knew why, but she got the feeling talking loudly wouldnt be a good idea. "So, what are you doing here? You also going to check out the haunted house?" She continued with a low voice.

Kasier shivered. The wind seemed to be screams to her and it was not pleasing at all to her. Everything was in doubt to her, was it really all stereotypes? She had just seen a shadow enter the building and she was contemplating on going inside as well. If the shadow was, in fact, a player, who knows what might be waiting for him inside? However, if the shadow was simply an illusion, then Kasier might be falling for a trap. Besides, if it was a player, then it was his own mistake to go inside a haunted house in the middle of nowhere without anyone with him. Such a foolish decision might cost him, depending on what he might find within the house.

With a sigh, she decided to sit down on the cold, dank ground but that was when she heard a quiet voice coming from behind her and immediately with that, she jumped high into the air, scared of what had just spoken to her. As she slowly turned around, she saw that it was not a ghost who had talked to her. Instead, it was just Zandra… Despite the fact that Zandra looked very creepy in the darkness of the woods, she could still distinguish her based on her voice and figure. “Uh yeah… I don’t think going inside is a wise choice but I think I saw a shadow going inside earlier on. It might be a player, if it is; I think he or she might be in a bit of trouble. Geez… Who would be stupid enough to walk in to a haunted house by himself?"

The inside smells like very old piss..or rather coppery of some sort. I cannot even tell, almost everything in the prison is totally unsalvageable. Torn papers and decaying telephones are scattered around the wooden tables. No expense seems to be spared in the 'lobby.' The area itself remains unsettling and I suddenly feel...vulnerable. Even though there is no threat around the premises. Equipping my tower shield and black sword, I march my way towards the toilets for some reason. Water is surprisingly still running, even though it should be shut down the moment this prison is left abandoned.

The smell never really gets any worse, although the surroundings itself is very filthy. I do not stay there for a long time, and I step out of the toilets and head to the main hallway that contain the cells. I wish I am being more cautious and walk in a slow pace, because I am slightly rushing only to see a figure in the middle of the hallway.

...this...is is rather grotesque to look at. The figure turns out to be a human as I approach it carefully. All of his limbs are hooked in a crucifix shape, and his bloodshot eyes remain f**king open. He looked like he was dead from internal injuries, because there is a hole being bored out of his stomach. His guts are missing...and...what is that worm hanging onto his ribs?

"Sorry." Zandea excused herself for startling Kasier when she jumped. "Didnt meant to scare you." Her voice still quiet.

Kasier told Zandra she had seen a shadow, maybe a player, entered the house. Zandras eyes turned towards the door. The shadow was nowhere to be seen anymore. The Berserk healer nodded. "Yeah, to enter this house all alone, not very cleaver." She took a breath. When beeing this near the house, she wasnt that eager to see if it was haunted or not. Most of all, she just wanted to leave and return to the beach fourteen floors up. But now she wasnt alone. Kasier was here as well. And Zandra couldnt imagine how the other womans respect for her would drop if she turned tail and ran while someone maybe needed her help. "Well, I cant go in there with my axe. Its way to hard to handle in tight spaces." Instead of Melindrina, she equiped her curved sword, the Silent death. Its special effect, preventing the enemy from screaming when dieing would maybe come in use here. "So Kas, are you ready?" She said as she slowly opened the door and carefully walked inside as quietly as she could, all senses on highest focus.

Kasier was surprised as Zandra offered to go inside and check the place out. For one thing, the inside of the house might be a trap and the shadow could have simply been an illusion meant to lure players in. However, if it was indeed a player, there was no doubt that she must proceed with Zandra to rescue the player. There was no hesitation as Kasier nodded. Indeed, she was ready to move inside the haunted house and prepare for anything that might be thrown at her or Zandra.

“Alrighty then. I was not aware that I have a nickname already,” Kasier whispered, keeping her eyes peeled and beginning to follow Zandra amongst the darkness of the forest. Keeping her eyes forward with full attention, she made her way to the haunted house and each step that she took seemed to make the place even more creepier than she had originally thought it was. “Geez, Zandra. You are really, really brave for offering to come inside as soon as you reached here. I must have waited there getting scared out of my wits for at least twenty minutes.”

Soon enough, Kasier watched as Zandra opened the door, revealing the contents of what was within the first scene of this haunted jail cell. Six jail cells surrounded the place and there was no doubt that the place had been abandoned for a long time. A sniff caused Kasier to almost choke in disgust, as it smelled strangely familiar to rotten flesh and animal waste. However, that wasn’t the most disgusting thing… No, not at all. In the center of the room, there was a man, a man that she recognized from the party open to everyone a while back… But Kasier had really not talked to the man. No… It wasn’t the man that was disgusting… It was the thing that he was looking at.

the_grabber_by_lordnetsua-d8kx8br.jpg

As I glance at the wormy creature hanging out among the ribs of the cadaver, it points the the tip of its head towards me, and reveal its true nature. It opens its circular mouth occupied by sharp jaws, hissing furiously at my presence. I start to realize that this worm is a creature capable of parasitism, and I know I am right. The worm crawls up within the body, and soon the corpse itself starts to twitch violently, follow by an inhuman scream that may sound similar to its final scream before its gory death.

Then, this happens. Before my very eyes is a part of the interior flesh that gradually mutates and becomes larger. All of a sudden it literally stretches out of the hole on the stomach, creating a larger cervix as it splits its tip to four, tentacle-like arms. (+1 Paralyze upon Critical Roll) The mouth of the cadaver also mutates by transforming into a big, semi-circular mouth, filled with appendages capable of digging the flesh like a f**king shovel (+2 Bleed upon Critical Roll). 

The thing drops down to its feet as it lets out a vile growl, and because it is aware that it is facing someone capable of fighting, it steps away and taunts me by hitting its own face with its fist, inviting me to my own demise.

For two minutes I stand with my shield raised, gritting my teeth as I am a little traumatized of what I saw moments ago and having the dilemma to attack it, or simply wait for it to advance. I try to bang my own shield in response to its taunt, and instead of advancing, the thing extends its large arm and grabs my shield, attempting to take it away from me with its surprisingly great strength. 

ID: 69573 BD: 10 MD: 1

With my own strength, I pull my shield to the left and unleash my Sword Art against the rubbery flesh of the arm, the blade sliding along its side until it reaches the body. Angrily, I gouge the blade into the thing's neck and carve out part of its skin, before darting to the entrance of one of the abandoned cells.

Gotz: HP 120/120

Necromorph: HP 50/60

Energy: 8/12

Vertical Arc used! (2 x 2)

Edited by Gotz

"That's not good" Came a calm voice from the door just behind the two women.

"Alley-oop!" Baldur said as ducked down between the two and began to <<charge>>, his form becoming a suddenly blue and orange streak that shot straight to the bizarre creature. Whatever it was, at least they were on the second floor and not a much higher one. In a fluid motion, and before his charge had finished, Baldur began to draw his blade <<Raijinken>>, and blue light erupted from the saya as he drew and struck the monster. As his azure blade cut through the giant claw grasping form the creature's gut, Raijinken howled with a crash of thunder as the paralyze effect would have taken hold had the creature not died from Baldur's <<Iai>>.

As his moment came to a halt by skidding to a stop behind the monster, the gaijin samurai's sword was already sheathed once again. He seemed to try tying the moment the monster shattered into thousands of polygons with the moment his katana locked home, but his timing was not even close.

"Tsk." Baldur made an annoyed sound to himself before turning to face the three other players.

"Sorry, but if I had to look at that thing for longer than a moment, then I think I would have lost my polygons." With a playful smirk, the brunette glanced around the large room with the cells on the outside walls. He seemed completely unphased by the atmosphere.

"Depressing, isn't it?"

ID# 69839 BD: 10 (Super Crit)
<<Iai>> with <<Raijinken>> 15(Base)+2(Charge)+1(Ferocity)+2(Crit)=20x9=180+Stun+Paralyze

Gotz: HP 120/120
Necromorph: HP -130/60 - [Dead]
Baldur: HP 895/895 | EN: 76/88

Powerful. Kasier thought, watching as a man suddenly burst forwards and destroyed the figure that seemed absolutely disgusting. Its eyes were hollow, replaced by a black void. Well, you know what they say? Eyes are the path to your soul. She thought. Despite the creation being a disgusting corpse, she must give credit to whoever created such a figure. It wasn't easy to create something as scary as this. Simply looking at such a thing might cause nightmares. It was unfortunate that the mob had not caused more trouble than it did but there were bound to be more secrets and more creatures hidden within the walls of the jail and the cells that surround it. Kasier trembled and shivered drastically just thinking about the things in the darkness that could come out at any time. Sure, Kasier wanted to bail out to avoid all these terrors and avoid all the screams that she might let out, but she simply cannot. As a player that wants to reach great distances, she must carry on to do whatever needs to be done no matter the difficulty. Plus, she had Zandra with her in case any danger might come her way. Although Kasier was scared out of her wits, the man who had just arrived sure weren't. In fact, the man seemed cheerful while Kasier could barely utter out a word. Instead, Kasier would nod to the man's comments. "Welp. I guess, welcome to the party?" Kasier said, realizing that her voice had come out to be quieter than she had meant it. With a gulp, Kasier tried once more to speak in a louder tone. "Ahem. Shall we all explore the jail cell and discover what might be hidden within the darkness of this jail cell?" She asked, observing every corner of the room to make sure that nothing else can surprise her and the players.

Well that is unexpected...the fight is already over in two or three minutes. I witness a player coming out of nowhere, and uses lightning to paralyze the necromorph. In a flash, it is already being cut to pieces by his katana, which quite impresses me. Katanas are something to be taken seriously when wielding one, for they are extraordinarily sharp thanks to the unique methods of its forging process. As I walk towards @Kasier and the samurai, whose name is @Baldur, Sri Rama's shadow phases out of the surface of my breastplate and stand onto my pauldron.

"I must admit that I have never seen such monstrosity in my entire life," he says with his usual feminine, soothing voice. "Is there anything else that is worst than the vile creature, oh Gotz?"

"..dragons?" I mutter out loud.

"Well, I guess you are probably correct," he speaks as he lets out a small giggle. "After all, dragons are the embodiment of good and evil."

As he finishes talking, he turns to face the two players and bows before them. "I am pleased to make your acquaintance, humans, especially the warrior that wields a katana. My name is Sri Rama, and I serve as Gotz' familiar and partner."