[PP-F1] Ascendant Initiation <Itzal and Aereth>

Itzal sat on one of the lower branches of a large oak tree by the edge of the forest.  This was the tree he usually waited on.  Due to it's size and many branches, it held the most potential for a comfortable sitting spot.  Aereth was going to be initiated today and he had sent him a message the previous day.  Technically the specified time was in a few minutes, but Itzal always arrived as early as he could.  Whether by habit, or to scout the area if it was new to him.  However not only did he know this forest like the back of his hand, but the wolves that inhabited it were sort of, friends of his now.  The story was a long one but the warg who leads the pack was a good friend of Itzal's.  In fact they went on hunts every now and then.  Itzal was garbed in his Twilight Cloak and his sword hung by his side.  The medallion he had gained during search for the Hoya, a silver medallion with fire and ice swirling around and combined in the center, hanging at his neck.  His eye was kept sharp, looking for the player.  There would be two steps to the initiation:  Searching for a said amount of materials, and taking down one or two monsters.  He had no doubt that Aereth could accomplish both of these tasks.

@Aereth

Today was a very special day for Aereth. Yesterday he got a message from his friend Itzal, in which he said that his initiation into the guild would be today. He needed to be at the meeting point in the forest at the specified time. He had just a few minutes left and ran at max speed to the meeting point. "I've trained quite a bit, so I won't disappoint him." It was indeed true. He spent some time alone in the forest in order to get stronger. But not stronger in the sense of fighting power, he trained his virtual senses, the feeling for his body, his reflexes and his speed. After some moments a large oak tree came into Aereth sight. "According to Itzal this must be the meeting point." Just as he finished his sentence, he noticed Itzal sitting on one of the lower branches of the tree. Aereth sped towards a nearby tree and when he reached it, he used it as a springboard to launch himself into the air.  After a short flight he it managed it to land on the branch where Itzal was sitting. "Hello my friend, I've been looking forward to this initiation." He said while offering Itzal his right hand.

@Itzal

Itzal watched as Aereth approached, then to his surprise jumped up to grab the branch and pull himself up.  However upon reflection he remembered how many people loved climbing trees in the real world.  Still it was nice to see that he had some beginner experience already.  When he offered his hand Itzal shook it with a grin.  "Glad to hear that man.  So the initiation comes in two parts:  The physical test, which we'll be scouting for x amount of materials and fighting one or two monsters according to your level.  The second part is where I ask you questions that you must answer honestly.  Most of the time it ends up boring but I'm not boring.  So we'll mix it up a little bit.  We'll start with material gathering and I can ask you a few questions.  Since you're searching skill hasn't been worked on yet, so far as I know, we'll start with three materials as your goal.  Does that sound fair?"  He leaped down from the tree and turned to him with a grin.  "We'd better get started.  I'm a little interested to see how you do in a fight."

@Aereth

After Itzal shook Aereth's hand, he explained how the initiation will be done. "So gathering three materials, answering questions and a fight. I can definitely do that." he thought confidently. Then he answered his friend. "Unfortunately you are right and I haven't spent any skill points into the searching skill but three materials should be no problem. And you can ask me anything. I will answer them the best and most honest way I can." After Aereth answered, Itzal leaped down the tree. Aereth followed him immediately and noticed a grin on his friend's face. "Yes. I will do my best." Then the two friends started to walk relaxed into the forest. After a few minutes Aereth noticed something behind a bush on the side of the road. Aereth went over to the bush, and found one mushroom hiding under it.

ID# 69711 results:

Loot: 20

Materials: 0 + 1 = 1

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal smiled and nodded to his friend and as they walked he scanned the ground.  However as he did he had a few important questions for his friend.  "I know you said you wanted to get out of this game for your family and girlfriend.  But do you think that's the only reason?  Let alone the most important one?"  Itzal spoke to his friend in a soft and yet somewhat serious tone.  There were two questions that held much weight and this was one of them.  One of the vital questions that would determine how long their training truly would be.  Not only that but how difficult as well.  This wasn't about stats or skills.  This went straight down to morals, to the heart, emotions, and personality.  He needed his friend to be honest.  For the sake of both of them as well as the guild.  As he looked across the ground he spotted literally nothing that could be used.  Was he getting rusty?

ID#  69712  LD:  1  Looking bad in front of his apprentice XD

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

As he put the mushroom into his inventory, Aereth saw something black and shiny behind the spot where the mushroom was. He aproached it and also put the black ore into his inventory. Aereth listened to the two questions Itzal asked him. And after hearing this questions Aereth knew how important the answers would be so he took his time to reflect in his head what Itzal really wanted to know from him. "I think he answered his first question with his second one, but it is really hard to find the right words to describe to him how I feel about this whole deal..." As Aereth finished his train of thoughts he answered. "Of course this is not the only reason. This game has to end for multiple reasons. But for the importance it's difficult to say. For one person alone, his own reasons seem like the most important ones. But if you see all the players as a whole, this answer changes. So yes, as Aereth, I want to get out of here for my family and my girlfriend, this are the reasons that give me the drive to carry on, to stand up and fight. I don't think that friendship and love make you stronger, you only get stronger through hard work and training. But as I said before, the friendship to the people in here and the love to my family and especially to my girlfriend give me the drive to work, the motivation to train and in the end the reason to become stronger.  But as SAO player like everybody else, I just want one thing.." a short moment of silence. "... to end this madness called Sword Art Online, for your sake, for my sake and for everybody's sake. And I will fight until we all get out of here, or die trying." Aereth said to Itzal in a very serious tone.

ID# 69715 results:

Loot: 15 looks like the luck is on my side

Materials: 1 + 1 = 2

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal listened to Aereth give his answer, as well as find another material.  He had this build in the bag he thought.  When Aereth finished Itzal sighed.  It was a good answer he thought.  "I have an adopted sister who loves me very much in the real world.  When I locked myself up in my room she stayed with me, even when I was one hundred percent focused on the games.  I want to see her again so very much.  However I cannot let that get in the way of my real mission.  All of the players out there?  The players who want nothing more than to get out, those who are helpless or too scared to do anything.  I fight for them because they can't.  That's why I seek to join the front lines.  That's why I seek to end this game.  And that's my own reason for being a part of this guild."  He smiled at Aereth.  "And it seems you share the same goal."  He looked for materials but found nothing.  "Now.  What are your thoughts on killing another player and do you think it's justifiable?"

ID#  69719  LD:  8+6=14

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

".You two were really close huh.." Aereth said changing his hard and serious tone to a soft and warm one. "I do not have any brothers or sisters, so I never experienced this kind of relationship, but hearing you talk about it feels so heartwarming... And what you say is so true. This is why I want my feelings and my love to power me through this training. And if I have reached a certain level of skill, I would gladly share that knowledge with anyone who needs it." Then Itzal asked Aereth how he felt about killing another player. "I think this question is simple to answer. I would never kill another person just for, col, materials, revenge or other crap.It doesn't matter how much money or materials you get for taking a life, the life itself is much more valuable than anything. For me, killing is just under one circumstance justifiable. And this is when it's a situation where you have to kill in order to protect someone or yourself, if I'm sure that it's unavoidable then I wouldn't hesitate. In some situations it's either kill or get killed, but I hope and pray that we all can stay out of this situation until this death game ends." Aereth answered his friend. He looked around for materials but couldn't find anything useful. 

ID# 69721 results:

Loot: 3

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

He listened to Aereth's answer and nodded.  "Self defense.  Agreed entirely.  Alright, those were the answers I was looking for.  You'll be perfect for the guild my friend.  Now we just have to finish the rest of the initiation.  Obviously you're nearly done with material gathering.  When you've found a third we can find a monster to fight.  How we'll do it is you'll take it on by yourself, and I'll stand by and make sure you don't get killed.  If it gets too heated and you start losing more health than is safe I'll step in ok?"  With that he continued to look around for any materials he could grab.  His friend was so very close to entering the guild and once he did, he needed to have a plan for training both him, and Birdie.  He wondered just how he'd pull it off and how well the friendly rivalry would go.  He was most curious and a little bit worried as well.  Caution was a safeguard he thought.  As he looked around however he found nothing.

ID#  69749  LD:  3+6=9

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"I'm glad you think the same. And I'm fine with the rules for the fight. I just have to get the last material." He looked left, right, up and down but unfortunately wasn't able to find anything. Their continued walking alongside each other. "Hey Itzal." Aereth broke the silence. "Is every new member asked this specific questions, or are they different depend on who is doing the initiation?" Aereth was determined to becoming a good scout. He wanted to get mich stronger so much stronger, that he could help his future guild mates, and the frontlines to clear the game. "I think I have found the right teacher to teach me me all the things I must know in order to contribute my part of clearing the game." He thought while he continued looking for materials. 

Edited by Aereth

He heard his friend's question and thought for a moment before answering.  "Mhm, no, it's different for each paladin.  However I do believe we need to have a meeting to discuss a few things.  I believe Jonathan is very routine and doesn't exactly put much emotion into his questions.  I want to talk to him about that...  And one or two other things.  But we're not here for them, we're here for you.  So, now that those questions are out of the way, how about some more common ones.  May I ask what your favorite color is?"  With the heavy questions out of the way he felt he should get to know Aereth in the sense of the smaller pieces of personality.  While other's didn't think the smaller pieces were important, Itzal did.  Thus he wanted to get as much information as possible.  As he walked of course he continued to look for any materials he couldHowever as he looked around it looked like his side had been picked clean.  He'd need to look closer if he was to find anything he guessed.

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

After hearing that every paladin has his own questions, and that he wanted to talk with Jonathan about a few things, Itzal asked Aereth what his favourite color was, he replied. "Yeah you are right, lets focus on my initiation for now. To answer your next question: blue. My favourite color is blue. A deep and dark blue to be precisely. For me it has a somewhat calming effect..." "Did I really just say that?" He thought immediately after finishing his sentence and chuckled. Then he procceded to look around himself for materials but he couldn't find any. Again. But at least also Itzal seemed to struggle as well. Aereth thought that maybe this part of the forest could be farmed empty for now. "Maybe this part of the forest is farmed empty, or it's like everywhere, the last one always has to be the hardest." he joked to his friend.

ID# 69772 results:

Loot: 8

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

He listened to his friend talk about his favorite color and when he mentioned calming Itzal nodded.  "All colors have a different effect on people.  Blue is generally a calming color, while red makes people energetic, excited.  There's other reactions from other colors but I'm not going to worry about that too much."  As they searched he heard Aereth's comment and was about to shake his head when he saw that he was joking.  He chuckled.  "In truth it's come to my experience that while players tend to get all the easy items, there are materials everywhere.  It's legitimately impossible to completely clear an area of materials, especially the forest.  It just takes a good eye to spot them is all.  Which is what you will become soon.  Ok, so what is your favorite food?"  He scanned the area both on the ground, on the trees, and the branches for materials but he didn't spot anything.

ID#  69774  LD:  5+6=11

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Itzal told Aereth about different colors and their meanings, and chuckled at his joke from before. Then he told Aereth that materials never run out. they just become harder to find. So also the persons which are looking for them have to get better in searching and spotting them. "I don't know it for sure but if you say so it has to be true, since you are a scout paladin." He looked in every direction, even climbed a tree to get a better overview, but he still wasn't able to find anything. As he got down again, Itzal asked him what his favourite food was and Aereth replied. "That's a hard question, because I really love to eat. So there are so many kinds of food I like. But I think right now I would kill for a traditional Austrian pork roast with a big glass of freshly drafted beer. That's because my mother made this on special occasions, and I just didn't find a NPC or player who was able to cook something like this." Just the thought of it, made his stomach grumble.

ID# 69781 results:

Loot: 2

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

As Aereth mentioned a pork roast that his mom used to make Itzal began to think of the shops he had visited, npc and otherwise, but couldn't think of one.  "Hmm.  I can't think of one at the moment.  However I'll keep an eye out for any restaurant that provides BBQ food and you'll be the first to know ok?  That sounds pretty good too."  When he heard his friend's stomach growl he couldn't help but laugh as he pulled out a chicken sandwich he had bought earlier that day and handed it to his friend.  "Here.  Turns out there's a shop that sells all chicken foods on the first floor.  I think it was chik-fi-somthing or other.  I think it's an American store.  Anyways, it's good food.  It actually made me consider visiting America when I get back."  He pulled out a sandwich of his own and took a bite.  When he swallowed he turned to his friend.  "Ok, so what is your favorite thing to do with you're girlfriend?  You don't have to share real life details if you don't want to.  I try not to pry."  As he asked he spotted a group of grapes hidden inside a large hole covered up with loose leaves.  He moved the leaves aside and pulled out the four grapes, inserting them into his inventory.

ID#  69782  LD:  13+6=19

4 MAT total

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"Sounds good, if you find one, it's gonna be my treat." He smiled to his friend. After that Itzal tossed him a chicken sandwich and explained him that there is one American shop that sells only chicken and that he considers to visit America when this is all over. Taking a bite, Aereth thought "I'm really glad that i met him back then. He's a good person and seems to be a relieable friend." "Did I ever say thank you for all the stuff you did for me when we met? If not, then let me say it now. Thanks for helping me out at the beginning. Also for the food and other stuff. You're a great guy, and I look forward to a good friendship with you." He smiled at his friend. After that Itzal asked him what his favourite thing to do with his girlfriend. "With or without clothes?" He chuckled. "Haha, jokes aside, I'd say dancing. For many reasons. While dancing, I can connect with her in a very special way, I don't even know how to describe this feeling. It's just so..." he struggled to find the right words. "Like I said i can't even describe it properly. And second, I'm a very active guy and I like to work out. So if I'm able to do sports and spend time with my girlfriend it's like you can do two things you love at once." Then he looked around for materials but literally couldn't find anything. 

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal chuckled at his friend's remark as he took another bite.  "Alright, looking forward to that my friend!"  When he heard his friend thank him he grinned.  "No need to thank me Aereth, I love helping people out.  If you really want to thank me, become whoever you want to be.  Other than that yes, I hope our friendship lasts a long time."  When he heard Aereth's joke he shifted his legs uncomfortably and looked down for a moment.  "While I think that sort of intimacy should be reserved for a spouse, and spouse alone, I don't judge others.........   And yeah I want to see what dancing feels like.  Other than combat my only interests are anything tech related or singing.  I need a new hobby...  Especially until the professions update."  He scanned the ground for any materials whatsoever.  As he did he noticed more high quality wood and picked the two pieces up, inserting them into his inventory.  After he did he turned to his friend with a smile.  "Sports eh?  What sports do you like?"

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"Haha, perfect." He answered. "Have no fear, I will become who I want to become. For now I want to learn how to scout properly, and after I've mastered the scouting and finished my training with you, I will go all out damage, and become also useful after I've found the boss rooms. You could say, I aim for an hybrid build." Aereth said to his friend. After his filthy comment, Aereth noticed how Itzal shifted uncomfortably and he had to chuckle a little bit. "I really like him, he's seems so innocent and pure." He thought. "Yeah man, the best way to describe this feeling to you, is when I show you how you do it yourself with your girl. And we can work on an additional hobby. I mean come on, we are in a huge f***ing game so there have to be some fun things you can do outside of fighting and teaching." After that Aereth looked around for materials. But once again wasn't able to find anything. Then Itzal asked him about the sports he liked and Aereth answered. "Yeah I love sports. In the summer I love to go hiking and climbing. And in the winter there is nothing better to go skiing. Also from time to time I used to go to the gym in the real world. Maybe that is the reason why I want to pick up the Material Arts skill and the athletics skill mod at some point in time." He paused and took another bite from his sandwich. "So about the singing. Did you pick it up inside the game, or did you start singing back in the real world?" He asked. 

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

He listened as Aereth talked about making a hybrid build and Itzal nodded.  "That's my eventual goal as well.  Think about it:  Once we finish mastering scout skills, we can't exactly switch to tank.  So after mastering scout skills, all of them, I intend on maxing out my damage.  Believe it or not, I've actually done some research and know a thing or two about dps skills and tricks.  In fact, I intend to teach you how to properly fight during our training as well.  Of course, as scouts we won't entirely focus on combat, but how to search for materials, hidden areas and traps, and players and npcs.  I'm pretty close to grandmastering search and detect so I'm pretty excited for that.  Climbing huh?  Like climbing mountain sides?  That will make this much easier then.  However I suspect that despite you're previous experience I'll need to show you a few tricks that will help you climb faster should you need to.  As well as add a little extra caution."  He then heard his friend talk about learning martial arts and he placed a thoughtful hand on his chin.  "Martial arts huh?  I need to get my hands on that skill anyways so I can use my strongest sword art...  Perhaps we could train together on that aspect.  Oh singing?  Yeah, I found a way to keep most sounds from escaping my room so I was able to sing at night when I couldn't go to sleep.  It's a lot of fun and makes it easier venting out your emotions."

ID#  69833  LD:  3+6=9

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"Dude, that was my exact train of thoughts. You into mind reading or something?" Aereth laughed. "Then we have a common goal to accomplish. And I'll have to speed up my pace in order to catch up to you. I'm eager to learn everything from you. Be it scouting or anything else. I'm really glad you came down that roof on that one day." He joked. Then Aereth replied to Itzal's comment about the climbing. "Yes exactly. I also did some lead climbing some time ago when I was about 17 or 18 years old. But moving, running, climbing, almost everything is different in here. With this virtual body you can do so many things, you wouldn't be able to do with your real body, it's ridiculous. I still need to learn very much about how to move this body properly and I'm looking forward to our training sessions." Itzal then talked about how he also would need the Material Arts skill, so that he could use his strongest sword art and that he used to sing is his own room if he couldn't sleep. "Yes, training together would be awesome. Punching a rock may become a little bit boring if you don't have any company. That's cool, maybe I will visit you in your shop sometime, to hear something from you." Again he started to look for materials, and again, he wasn't able to find anything and took another bite from his chicken sandwich.

ID# 69838 results:

Loot: 9

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth