[PP-F1] Ascendant Initiation <Itzal and Aereth>

Itzal listened to Aereth and chuckled at his joke.  "Naw, just observant is all.  I can't wait till we're equals."  When Aereth started talking about his physical activities in the real world Itzal listened carefully, taking in every word.  When he talked about the virtual version Itzal shrugged.  "It's a little different, but honestly they did a great job making it realistic.  The extreme things you're referring to come after one gets the skill mod from grandmastering Light Armor.  Of course I only intend to grandmaster that after all of my scout skills.  In other words, a very long time.  And I would love to have a customer for once!  But as for songs I always keep my guitar in hand...  Maybe I should go camping again.  It's been a long time since I did that."  His eyes continued to scan the surrounding area for any possible materials.  As he looked however there was yet again nothing in sight.  "So any particular mob you'd like to fight?  Animal or humanoid?  At first I wanted to see how well you'd fight with a blade, but now that I know you want to master martial arts it doesn't matter what you fight." 

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"Haha, seems like you are. You can be sure that I'll work my ass of to get there one day." he answered his friend. Then he saw Itzal shrugging, and explaining to him that the real sh*t is about to start when the <<Light Armour>> skill is grandmastered. Aereth on his side din't know what that would be, so he decided to ask his friend about it. "What exactly happens when you grandmaster the Light Armor skill? Because I've never been able to see somebody using such high level skills down here." Itzal asked him which type of mob he would like to fight and Aereth said. "For me either is fine. I unfortunately don't know the attack pattern of any monsters, so for me it doesn't matter. So you can decide who you want to see me fight with." Then he saw his friend scan the area for materials, so he also decided to look around a little bit. His eyes spotted an odd looking stone. It was flat and leaning against a dead stomp of a tree. "This one would be too obvious..." Aereth thought, but still walked over to the stone and put it aside. Behind the stone was a litte whole, and as Aereth put his hand inside the whole, he could feel something cold and heavy. He pulled it out of the hole, and it looked like a metal ingot. He smiled and put it into his inventory. Returning back to Itzal, he said happily. "Finally the third material. Seems like the first test is over."

ID# 69859 results:

Loot: 16

Materials: 2 + 1 = 3

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

OOC-  I'll be controlling the mob.   If the battle gets too heated Itzal will intervene and kill the monster

He listened to his friend's question and shrugged.  "Jumping higher than ever, running up walls rather than climbing them, more agile, faster, things like that.  And if that's true we'll go for a boar.  They're simple and their patterns easy to figure out.  Unless you encounter a high leveled mob."  He noted his friend find a third material and nodded with a smile.  "Alright, time to wrap this up then!  Come over here and we'll get started.  Oh yeah, we have something to represent each of the builds in our guild:  Celestial bodies.  The sun is for the tanks, comet for the dps, moon for scouts, and stars for healers.  That's why I have a crescent moon on my right shoulder," he said pointing to the moon on his coat.  He checked for materials real quick but he didn't spot anything.  What he did spot was a boar wandering around alone.  When it spotted Itzal it started shying away in fear.  He shook his head.  "You're fighting him, not me my friend."  The boar looked confused but very pleased that it wasn't fighting the violet phantom.  It looked at the other player and thought this would be easy.

@Aereth

OOC- please place your stats in your post so I can determine the monster's own stats

Edited by Itzal

Itzal explained Aereth what the grandmastered Light Armor skill is able to do. "That sounds really awesome. I'm looking forward to the time we both get it. This will be fun..." he chuckled. "Boar sounds good. I hope I don't disgrace myself while fighting it. I'll give my best." He said and smiled at his friend. After that, Itzal explained to Aereth how the different groups in the guild are labled. The scout group had the moon as their symbol. "That's cool. I'll have to think about it where I'll put mine when I succeeded the initiation." He answered his friend. Then a single boar came across the two friends, and looked rather scared at the sight of Itzal. He is a high level player, after all. After Itzal made it clear that Aereth will fight it, the boar looked cockily at Aereth. "This thing doesn't take me serious. This will be his downfall." Aereth thought while his soft and happy expression turned to a cold, serious one. He didn't let the boar out of his sight for even a second and readied himself mentally for the upcoming fight. "Attacking on your command." He said to Itzal.

@Itzal

"Whenever you're ready really.  Although I wouldn't recommend letting the monster getting the first shot."  The boar looked between the players and noted that the violet phantom seemed to be tutoring the other player.  Refusing to let this player become as strong as the violet phantom, it let out a snort before charging at the player with all it's strength and speed.  The boar was focused on the player in general, no specific area.  All it wanted to do was show this player that he wasn't as tough as he thought he was.  All players were either cocky or cowards, and monsters hated seeing either.  When it neared the player it doubled it's speed, hoping to ram the player clear into the trees.  Unfortunately this was a poor choice as it also made it loose balance a little.  The player moved out of the way and the boar couldn't turn around without falling over, so it slowed itself down enough to do so.  It glared evily at the player with eyes that seemed to say 'I won't make the same mistake twice'.

Mob Info:  20 HP  <>  10 dmg

ID#  69875  MD:  5

Aereth:  40/40  <>  4/4

Boar:  20/20

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

"Understood." He answered his friend and observed the boar cautiously. Then after it let out a snort, it came charging at Aereth. As it came closer to him it even doubled its speed in order to do more damage. But this also caused it to loose its balance, which made it easy to avoid the attack. "Now." Aereth thought and started speeding towards the boar with his maximum speed. Seeing this the boar also started charging at Aereth again. While he was running, his back got engulfed with light as he equipped his one handed straight sword. He drew it immediately and charged his <<Snake Bite>> sword art. The boar seemed to get a little bit irritated by the light, and hesitated a little bit. "When there is an opening I go for it." Just now Aereth and the boar reached each other. With a side step he avoided the attack of the boar and let go of his swor art. The sword art connected with the virtual flesh of the boar and left three big red mark on it. 

Spoiler

ID# 69876 results:

Battle: 6

Damage: 2 * 3 * 1 = 6

Aereth:  40/40  <>  3/4

Boar:  14/20

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

The boar watched as the player's sword engulfed into a light and it's eyes narrowed on the sword.  The power that all of those players possessed.  What did they call it again?  Sword arts?  Work of the devil was more like it.  The creature tried to avoid the strike but it was too slow and let out a shriek of pain from the impact.  It ran away from the player and ran around in a circle three times swiftly before turning to the player and scraping the ground with it's hooves, glaring hatefully at him.  That same power was used against all their kind, being slaughtered by the hundreds, thousands sometimes.  Players were cruel, merciless.  They killed consistently and without pity.  That's why the boar hated them so much, and could not understand why one wolf pack began to work with the violet phantom.  With a fit of rage the boar charged the player but he evaded it again.  So it stopped and waited for him.  When he came it would lash it's tusks at him, hoping to end his life.

ID#  69880  MD:  1

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

After Aereth's successful attack, the boar charged again at Aereth in order to finally get a hit on him. "Too slow my friend." He thought and with a simple side step avoided the attack. The seemingly outraged boar came to a stand a little bit away from Aereth and looked like it was waiting for him to attack him. "This boar is smarter than it seems, but after all, it's still just a programmed AI that can be outsmarted easily." Aereth finished his thought and with that, started to speed once again in the direction of the boar. "This time I'll use the surroundings to my advantage." The boar however did not move. It just waited for Aereth to come at him in order to leash it's tusks at him. "It's planning something fancy... But not fancy enough!" Just as he got into attacking range, Aereth launched himself off the ground, and jumped over the boar. Turning midair, Aereth's feet made contact with the tree behind the boar and he charged his <<Vertical>> sword art. Then he pushed himself away from the tree with all his strength. Aereth came flying towards the boar and released his sword art. And again the blade made contact with the boar and left a red line on his side. While the boar was busy figuring out what just happened Aereth made some distance between himself and the boar.

Spoiler

ID# 69892 results:

Battle: 6

Damage: 2 *  1 = 2

Aereth:  40/40  <>  1/4

Boar:  12/20

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

The boar was getting extremely frustrated with this fight.  The player managed to get past it's own attack and he was done with this.  The boar made a roar after the hit and hit's eyes flashed hatefully.  It rushed at the player and when the player tried to strike it, the boar leaped over the blade, beginning to run in circles around the player.  It built up it's speed, moving faster and faster around him.  When it saw the player couldn't focus on it the boar turned direction's immediately, skidding across the ground two inches before pushing all of it's gathered momentum at the player, hitting him at last and dealing ten points of damage.  It wasn't much but it was a start the monster thought.  And it was a lesson for it:  That the stupid player wasn't invincible.  Impenetrable.  Like so many others this player thought he was better than mobs.  The boar was about to teach it a lesson.

ID#  69917  MD:  7

Aereth:  30/40  <>  1/4

Boar:  12/20

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Seeing how the boar got extremely frustrated, he charged once again at Aereth but decided to circle him this time. "If he ups his speed more I have no chance to avoid the hit." just as he finished his thought the boar increased his speed further. "Sh*t!" he thought as the boar hit him and decreased his hitpoints by a whole quater. "Sh*t just go real..." He rolled back with the momentum and readied himself. "This can't be real. This f***ing boar seems to be in lost in thoughts... creepy... They act way to real. Not a single AI I know can do something like this... But thanks for the opportunity!" He dashed again with full speed at the boar and readied his <<Vertical>> sword art once again. Just now the boar noticed what Aereth wanted to do. It tried to intercept him but he was to slow. Aereth pushed to his limit and jumped with a somersault over the boar. Right when he was over the boar he released his sword art and landed a clean crit. The boar stumbled and Aereth made some distance between him and the boar again.

Spoiler

ID# 69921 results:

Battle: 10

Damage: (2+2) *  1 = 4

Aereth:  30/40  <>  1/4

Boar:  8/20

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

When the player leaped over the boar and struck it, it stumbled and rolled against the ground.  The player watched it for a moment and when it got to it's feet it's eyes flashed red as it's health dropped into the yellow zone.  The beat roared with wrath and hatred and rushed at the player.  It's charge was formed in a zig zag patter, and yet it still made it's way over to the player as if it were charging in a straight line.  When it neared the player it stopped zigzagging and thrust itself at the player with all it's strength and force.  This player would die.  He WILL DIE.  Nothing but hate coursed through it's code, and that hate gave the boar focus.  It struck the player hard in the midriff, causing a powerful critical hit.  After striking the player it ran under it's legs, forcing him to trip, and ran a good distance away to keep itself from being struck, turned around, and pounded the ground angrily.

ID#  69949  MD:  10

Aereth:  18/40

Boar:  8/20

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

After Aereth finished his attack the boar's eyes suddenly turned red, and with a roar it began storming at Aereth. It ran a zig zag patter and hit Aereth dead on reducing his health to under 50 percent. Aereth was thorwn back by the momentum, but managed not to fall over, just to get his feet tackled away by the boar. With a loud thud Aereth hit the ground as the boar made some distance between it and Aereth.

Aereth slowly got back on his feet and tightened the grip of his sword. "Please don't interfere until my health drops to the red." he stated to Itzal in a very serious tone. He didn't want to let this boar put shame on him in front of his teacher. And even if this was a loosing battle, he wanted to show Itzal that he had at least fighting spirit and staying power. 

Once again Aereth sped at the boar. This time he pushed to his absolute limits. Also the boar started to run at him, again, in a zig zag patter. "Same trick doesn't work two times my friend." he thought and pushed even harder to gain a little bit more speed. As the two enemies met Aereth made an elegant side step to avoid the attack of the boar. At the same time he released the <<Vertical>> sword art he charged beforehand and landed another clean hit on the boar.

Spoiler

ID# 69954 results:

Battle: 8

Damage 2 * 1 = 2

Aereth: 18/40 <> 1/4

Boar 6/20

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

The monster watched as the player charged at it again.  It once again charged in the pattern used to keep him from hitting it, but it saw in his eyes that it wouldn't work this time.  Before it could change tactics the player swung it's blade again, striking the boar and it gave out a squeal of pain before it ran to cover more distance.  It stopped and thought about the situation.  Only two more hits and the player would be dead.  There would be nothing he could do about it.  At the rate the player was hitting the boar, it estimated that three hits would suffice.  Thus the boar could be a bit reckless.  However it knew this player was learning, and learning fast.  It needed time to come up with a new strategy.  So in the meantime, it walked slowly around in a wide circle around the player, it's eyes focused on his.  It would not be caught by surprise in the slightest, but neither would it run recklessly at him with no plan of attack.

ID#  69959  MD:  2

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Aereths breathing for a little bit heavy. Nobody could deny him that he was in good shape. But the fighting at his maximum speed in combination wit the adrenaline of his first solo fight took a toll on him. "I won't lose now. I got so far in this fight all alone and I won't back down now." Again noticing that the boar was not paying the amount of attention needed for a fight, Aereth again started to run at his virtual enemy while charging his <<Vertical>> sword art. This time he reached the boar before it was able to do anything and as he reached it he spun around and released his sword art. Many minor and one major cuts shined in bright red on the face of the seemingly perplexed boar. Aereth finished jos attack with a kick and again made some distance, prepared for the next incoming attack.

Spoiler

ID# 69962 results:

Battle: 8

Damage: 2 * 1 = 2

Aereth: 18/40

Boar: 4/20

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

The boar had come up with an idea.  But before it could perform it the player had struck it with it's power and kicked the boar away to create distance.  The boar squealed in pain before making a deep growl.  It had finally had it.  The boar charged, building up more and more power until it struck the player with enough force to knock him down, establishing a critical hit.

Itzal had been watching the fight and had nodded at Aereth's request.  He watched as his attacks were combined with strong and forceful blows, and therefore was draining his physical stamina very quickly.  However when the boar dropped Aereth's health into the red zone, Itzal drew his blade, and dashed like lightning towards the boar, stabbing it from behind and killing it instantly.  Because of his intervention, the boar wouldn't drop any loot.  He grinned at his friend.  "Pretty good job for your first fight.  Consider your initiation complete Aereth.  Welcome to Celestial Ascendants."

ID#  69965  BD:  5+2=7  MD:  10

Aereth:  6/40

Boar:  0/20

@Aereth

Edited by Itzal

After he kicked the boar away, the it growled deeply and charged again with increasing power at Aereth. Unable to dodge, Aereth was hit head on with the full force of it's attack. He flew through the air, carried by the momentum of the attack and crashed against a nearby tree. While Aereth was still flying, the only thing he was able to see was a purple flash and he heard the scattering of the many polygons. Then his vision went black for some seconds as he hit the tree head on.

As he regained his sight he saw a grinning Itzal and heard how he praised him for his fight and that his initiation was now complete. Aereth returned the smile and said. "Maximilian... You can call me Max. And it's an honor for me to be a part of your guild. I'll work hard and I'm looking forward to learn many things from your guildmates, and especially from you my friend.

Today was a special day for Aereth. He got initiated in his guild as the second apprentice of Itzal, scout paladin of Celestial Ascendants and told his first and dearest friend his real name. He was happy about the outcome of this awesome day. And he was looking forward to many other awesome days.

@Itzal

Itzal listened to his friend tell Itzal his real name and gave a nickname while he was at it.  Itzal normally never gave out his real name, but if someone gave theirs out, he had no choice but to give his own.  Equivalent exchange after all.  He smiled to Max.  "Ok then Max.  My name's Felix.  Sorry I don't have any cool nickname for that though.  And don't worry about your leveling.  Getting higher is a good thing but make sure to take some time off and just enjoy the world and people around you.  It took me a while to find that, and it was actually Kasier who taught me that.  But that's a story for another time.  For now, you said you don't have a place to stay right?  Why don't you come with me?  I've got a cozy shop on floor three with a spare bedroom.  You can stay there for now."  As the two made their way to the town and the teleport pad, Itzal wondered.  Now that he had two official apprentices, he needed to think of a way to train them.  In the end he decided to present the options to the two of them and let them decide, since they had the right to choose.

Summary

Itzal receives 1 SP, 200 col and 4 MAT

Aereth receives 1 SP, 200 col and 4 MAT