[PP-F3] Worn out Welcome [Domarus and Aereth][Complete]

Aereth was walking down the roads of <<Starting City>> and enjoyed his fresh sandwich. Today he wanted to take on a quest Jonathan told him about. It was called <<Worn out Welcome>>. The only problem was, that he needed somebody to tag along with him, in so that he would not die instantly, and all the people he knew inside this game had plans for today. Taking a seat on the bench Aereth started to think. "I heard that I have to defeat a so called <<Dark Elf>> in order to complete the quest. But as I am right now, I know for sure that I'll die if I go out on my own. It sucks so much that I'm so weak right now. I can't even take on some low level mobs on my own. This needs to change fast. As soon as I'm able to, I'll be leveling my OHSS up to at least LV 3. Then I should be able to hold my ground against some simple monsters..." he thought while he took a bite from his sandwich.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Weakness.  Helplessness.  Vulnerability.  Lack of control.  These were things countless people strived to overcome, move past.  Many stumbled and lagged terribly behind.  Others managed to hold there own.  These people could be seen all over the town of beginnings.  Most of them were either lazy, completely fine with living inside the walls in safety.  Others did the same but because they were pitiful cowards, pathetic wastes of human life.  And then there were those who fought to reach the front lines to help these players get out.  However there were very few like Domarus, who even though his level was still pretty low, he was higher than any of these other players ever could be.  As he walked back into the town in his dragon bone armor he smiled and replied to greetings passed to him.  Keres was following close behind him, dressed as a maid which she had chosen.  As he walked through the town his eyes were kept peeled for any player who wasn't going to be a waste of his time.  By now he was becoming more familiar with player's faces and names.  There was always a group of young players, maybe preteens, who wanted to play with Domarus when he had spare time, and older players who wanted to talk with Domarus.  Others simply wanted a chance to thank him from saving them from a near death experience.  

In truth?  He could care less about these people.  But he needed his reputation to be perfect if he was going to get himself a suitable amount of followers.  He was no fool to think he could accomplish his goal by himself.  He already had a potential candidate for the dps general position and he needed three others now:  One for tank, scout and healer.  Once he had those three he'd need to gain normal followers and allies.  Currently he had an ally but she was under the influence of a potion at the moment.  He had yet to find someone who worked for that man Addel and get the information he required to find the man, and torture him to ensure he never messed with his ally or followers again.  As he walked he spotted a player sitting on a bench up ahead whom he hadn't seen before.  The player had basic gear but his posture said he was looking for someone.  Domarus checked to make sure Vindicem, his black two handed battle ax that pulsed a dark red glow from the blade, was secure on his back and displayed easily as he made his way over, and as he passed he turned and smiled to the player, greeting him before moving on.  Domarus wanted to see what the player would do.  Would he chase after Domarus in desperate need of help?  Or would he try to go slow and steady?  Or would he ignore Domarus completely?  Depending on his response would tell Domarus if the player was a potential candidate.

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

Still enjoying his sandwich, Aereth spotted a red head player in the crowd. It seemed like a maid was following him on his tracks. From the first look he looked like a very confident young man, the same age, no maybe a little bit older than Aereth and with a big two handed battle axe on his back. While he walked down the streets it seemed like there were many thoughts in his mind. And not the pleasant ones, Aereth assumed. Then as he walked past Aereth, he smiled and greeted Aereth Never stopping or slowing down. Returning the gesture Aereth thought: "I don't know him, that's for sure, so why did he greet me?" Putting his sandwich back into his inventory. "Screw it. I'll talk to him a little bit and maybe he agrees to tag along with me for that stupid quest." He thought. But something felt off. The redhead player seemed have something particular on his mind. But Aereth couldn't quite figure out what it was. Was it a test? Did he want something from him? Easiest way to the answers for this questions: asking. So he got to his feet, used the bench he was sitting in as a springboard, and launched himself into the air. He landed direct in front of the redhead player and looked him directly in his eyes. "Did we meet somewhere before my friend?"

@Domarus

Domarus watched as the player sprung up from the bench and landed in front of Domarus.  He was a few inches shorter than Domarus himself, about four to five inches he'd say, and the way he held himself made Domarus wonder if he had seen combat or not.  Standing in front of Domarus he could see some muscle on the player which meant he was working out in some way.  However this was not what he showed in his face.  Not his calculating appearance at all, no.  The moment the player jumped in front of him he faked stumbling back one step in surprise masterfully and gave off a grin when the player spoke.

"Ah, no I don't believe we have.  My name is Domarus, nice to meet you."  He held his hand out for the other player to take and as he inevitably did, he thought about the man's choice of action.  He obviously wanted something of Domarus, but he tried taking a course of action that would give him a reason to talk with Domarus.  Domarus had attempted to do the same with another player named Able but he was smarter than he gave the player credit for.  And now this player was attempting to do the same thing with a master of manipulation and deception.  Ironic he thought.

"Is there something I can help you with or-"  Domarus felt Keres' hand brush his for a brief second and he turned to her.  She was smirking at him and unseen to the other player he rolled his eyes and turned to the player, Keres coming into view.  Aereth would see that she had brown hair, brown eyes and was about 5'7.

"Oh yes, this is Keres.  She's a good friend of mine.  Now, is there anything I can help you with?  I'm always open to help other players," he finished with a bright smile.  It annoyed him to act like this, but it was required if his reputation were to rise and gain followers.

@Aereth

As Aereth landed in front of the redhead, he seemed to stumble a little in surprise and started to grin while Aereth spoke. "Nobody stumbles back in surprise and then grins like a cheshire cat seconds later. This had to be faked. Also I clearly noticed that he was watching me as I prepared this little stunt. Another fact is, that he has to be a higher level player according to his gear, so he shouldn't be surprised by my low level speed... But if he wants to play, I'm in for it." he thought while never loosing eye contact with him.

Then he introduced himself as Domarus and held his hand out for a handshake. While Aereth shook his hand he answered: "The name is Aereth, also a pleasure to meet you. Ah, I just thought so, because you smiled at me while I sat on that bench." He smiled back him.

Just after that he tried to ask if he could help him with something, but got interrupted by his maid touching his hand. He turned to her and Aereth wasn't able to see what the two of them were doing. After a moment or two, he turned to Aereth again and, the brown haired maid came into view and Domarus introduced her to to Aereth, shortly followed by offering his help to Aereth with a big bright smile. "Hello Keres. Nice to meet you." he said, again looking deep into Domarus' eyes. "His smile is telling a different story than his eyes... I can't afford to let my guard down until I'm able to do a little bit of straight talking with him." he thought. "Actually, I want to take the quest <<Worn out Welcome>> in order to get some better gear, but I heard people talk about fighting a little bit, and as you can see, I'm a little bit too underleveled for it. But I have to tell you one thing before. I can't give you much in return, all I can give you is a favour in return. And we could get something to drink afterwards. My treat of course."

@Domarus

Domarus watched carefully and spotted something that threw him a red flag.  The player hesitated.  It was half a second but he hesitated.  Not only that but his eyes showed suspicion.  He knew that look all too well.  In the real world that's how everyone looked at him.  However over time, he was able to establish enough trust to root out all suspicious thoughts in their minds.  If they were a right match, he could use situations and events, as well as thought out discussions to change they way they think until they were able to be his general.  This player was just another suspicious individual he needed to gain trust from.  And that was only one step at a time.  He smiled when the player told him his name.  When Aereth greeted Keres she bowed slightly with a smile on her face.  Then after Aereth stared into Domarus' eyes, the player's mind obviously filled with suspicious thoughts, he told him about the quest Domarus was all too familiar with.  He nodded to the player.

"Yeah I can help you with that quest.  It's actually a pretty easy one.  The first time I one shot the Dark Elf and the second he hit my armor once and died.  I could either help you fight him or deal with him myself.  Either way you win.  And I don't need payment as of now, though a drink sounds fun."  He gave Aereth a hearty pat on the back before walking to the town gate with the other player and Keres by his side.  She was able to keep up with Domarus' long strides and she gave a smile to the other player as she walked.  Normally she'd be causing all sorts of mischief, messing with the player's emotions and such, making him embarrassed or angry, but it was clear this was a delicate situation and she'd follow Domarus' lead on this one.

"So may I ask what sort of build you're shooting for?  I'm aiming for DPS, but I figured a little extra defense would work well too."  

@Aereth

Domarus talke to Aereth about the quest he was wanting to complete. He said that the Dark Elf was very easy to defeat as he tried it the first time, and that he could choose between assistance with the fight and killing it himself. "So he's willing to help me out, huh..." Then Aereth decided to speak again: "Really? Thanks for the offer, I'll gladly take it. And for the boss: Yes I'd like to have your assistance with the fight, but it would be awesome if I also would be able to get a few hits on it, so that I can gain more combat experience. And the drink is mandatory. The invitation was also meant for your female company." Aereth added a grin to the last sentence. "Maybe I can get some information out of him when go out for a drink. No I've got a better idea. I'll ask my guildmates if they know him." With a hearty pat on Aereth's back, the two men and the woman headed for the town gate to get the quest done. "I'm just going to write my friends that I'll be going out questing with you." He said with a smile as he opened his friend list and added two persons to the message he wrote so quickly that Domarus had no chance to read it.

Spoiler

To: @Itzal; @Morgenstern

I'm out questing with a guy called Domarus. Do you know anything about him? Somehow I'm not trusting him completely.

-Aereth

Then Domarus asked him about the build Aereth wants to go for and that he is working on a high DPS build, so Aereth answered: "Right now I'm going for a scout build. Easier materials, finding sub dungeons and boss rooms. After I finished my scout build, I'll be doing the same as you. Going all out damage, so that I can also help fighting the boss when we found it." Then he turned to Keres. "And what build are you going for? Since I don't see any combat equipment."

After a few minutes of walking he thought: "This Domarus guy is definitely hiding his something from me."

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Aereth asked if he could land a few hits on the boss and Domarus nodded.

"Of course!  I can land a punch on him unequipped so I can't kill him.  While I have the hate you just walk in and destroy him.  He's only got twelve health and nine damage is pretty pitiful."  When Aereth mentioned how the drink was mandatory and how Keres was invited, before Domarus could do or say anything she shook her head.

"Thanks for the offer sir, but alcohol isn't my thing."  Domarus couldn't help but notice that she didn't call Aereth master.  He wondered if that's because she sensed he might not like her calling him that while dressed as a maid.  It might give him the wrong idea after all.  And he was proud of her for refusing on her own accord before Domarus could make a reaction.  Domarus was nearly immune to the effect of alcohol, but she was most certainly not.  In fact she hasn't had alcohol as of yet, and she told Domarus she never wants to.  Not only does she refuse to get drunk and therefore be vulnerable to questioning, but she doesn't care for the thought of alcohol.  When the player mentioned that he was going to message his guildmates, Domarus didn't need to see what the player was typing to know what he was asking.  He wanted to know if the others had been with Domarus and if he could be trusted.  They of course would say yes since he hadn't done anything suspicious save for the few who were perfectly fine with who he was, which was interesting to say the least.

"A guild huh?  What kind of guild are you a part of?  I ran into a player not to long ago who's allowing me to join his guild.  However I have yet to be initiated.  Hopefully it will make leveling much easier in the future."  Then he heard the player talk about how he wanted to become..  A scout.  Domarus listened intently as he was in need of a scout paladin, and he was particularly eager to get one after he learned the benefits from Alisa, a player who one day just disappeared, vanished.  He had a potion he intended to use in order to...  Change her mind and strengthen her personality, but it now sat unused.  However he was certain he'd find a way to use it eventually.  He then asked Keres what build she was and she shook her head slightly with a giggle.

"None.  I don't want to do anything like that.  I want to serve others.  That's what makes me happy, but thank you for asking!"  She had told Aereth half the truth, but she looked so innocent you couldn't notice.  The truth was she enjoyed pain.  She didn't anger Domarus while they were out and about, but when they were in private she would irritate him enough on purpose in order to get him to beat her.  And she enjoyed it very much.

@Aereth

Domarus explained to Aereth how the battle will be done. He will land punches on him in order to get the hate going, and Aereth will attack it seriously. "Sounds like a plan to me." he answered his companion. 

After Aereth stated that Keres also would be invited, she shook her head and rejected the offer politely. Turning to her Aereth said. "That's fine. You can also tag along with us without drinking alcohol. Maybe we will need somebody to guide us home." he laughed. "But jokes aside, I don't want to push you to something you don't want to do." He said smiling at her. "At least she doesn't seem to be that suspicious..."

Suddenly a notification popped up in Aereth's heads up display. It was a message from Itzal. It said that he was a pretty nice guy and that he helped him and Mina in the past. Altough Keres seemed to be a little strange which he didn't minded, since everybody had their own quirks. After reading the message he quickly dismissed it.

Then Domarus asked Aereth what kind of guild he was part of, and that he ran into a player who was allowing him to join his guild. He wasn't initiated yet but he was also hoping that being in a guild will make leveling much easier. "I'm the apprentice of Itzal, the Scout Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants. And I can totally agree with you. You are able to do so much more, if a good working guild is having your back."

At the second question to Keres she answered that she wouldn't want to do something like that. Just serving others was fine for her. "Looks like my friend Itzal was right about her..."

Turning back to Domarus Aereth said: "And what guild will you be joining after your initiation?"

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

As Aereth made a joke about them end up getting drunk he chuckled at the joke.  Keres herself allowed a grin to emerge on her face.

"Yeah, I'll be sure to do that."  Domarus knew the real reason she was coming along.  Two players watching and listening to a reaction and words, seeking information, would find it that much easier.  All she had to do was observe and occasionally be a part of the conversation, while Domarus fooled the player into getting drunk.  He saw Aereth received a message and the player read it and quickly dismissed it.  Something about his posture seemed to ease and thus confirmed his thoughts that the other players would give good words on him.  His mission could sometimes be too easy he thought.  When Aereth asked what guild he was going to be a part of, he inwardly grunted as the player hadn't answered his question in the slightest.  No hint as to which guild he was a part of, or even an acknowledgment that he had heard the question.  However outwardly he pretended not to notice and thought for a moment.

"I think the player said the guild was called Celestial Ascendants...  He told me that since I was aiming to be a dps a player named Hikoru, the dps paladin, would need to initiate me.  I've been waiting for a message from him for some time now but nothing's come up.  I admit I'm a bit anxious."  He wasn't anxious.  He was a patient man, and you had to be if you had plans like his.  He would one day reach a point where players would either flock to gain his affection, or watch him warily.  Even the guilds wouldn't be able to ignore him and his rising power.  It was just a matter of time.

"Assuming you've already spoken to the blacksmith, the Dark Elf will generate over there.  We can head over or visit the blacksmith if you haven't already."

@Aereth

After seeing the maid grin, she answered the she would be sure to do that. "Good to see, at least she's got humor" he thought.

As Aereth dismissed his message from Itzal and eased his stance, he noticed a little bit of relief in Domarus' eyes and thought: "I'll play dumb for now, maybe I can find out what he's up to this way. And I want to keep an eye on him, I just hope he doesn't cause any trouble."

Then Domarus told Aereth that he will be joining the Celestial Ascendants under the DPS Paladin Hikoru. "That's perfect. This way it's easier to keep an eye on him, but I'll talk about the feeling I have about him with the paladins." he thought. "What a coincidence. This is also the guild I'm in right now." He paused and looked at the ground. "To be honest, the message I wrote before wasn't just about me going out questing with you. I also asked if somebody knew anything about you and that I don't really trust you. But they said that you are a good guy. I just wanted to say sorry that I was so suspicious around you. Maybe just my own paranoia." He while lowering his upper body to a bow. "Now let's see if he takes the bait...

After his confession Domarus pointed at a special spot and explained that over there the Dark Elf is going to spawn. "Yes, I've talked to the blacksmith before, so I'll get ready for the fight. Ready when you are."

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

As the player explained how he was a member of the same exact guild Domarus couldn't help but think of the idea that the players of the guild were really rushing their recruiting.  After the player explained and apologized for being suspicious and Domarus let out a hearty laugh, his eyes closed from the humor that reached his face and posture.  Aereth was lying to him, that much was painfully obvious.  The player was still very much suspicious it seemed and he was obviously attempting to play a game of deception.  Fool, he thought.  I perfected the game.  The key isn't to go all out on the first try.  The key is to gain trust and affection.  This guy was at ground zero when it came to deception.  

"No worries friend, I actually get that a bit more often than you'd imagine.  One player said to me after some time hanging out, 'it was just so hard for me to believe someone could be that open and willing to help.'  He seriously said that.  That Teth character is some piece of work!"  And also a gigantic waste of his time.  The player was pathetic in both combat, material gathering.  If it weren't for Domarus he'd have been dead a long time ago.  However he still kept in contact with the player to keep his reputation going.  When Aereth mentioned that he had already done so, Domarus nodded and removed Vindicem from his back and into his inventory.  He was now only wearing his dragon bone armor with no weapons.  As they approached he glanced at Keres.

"You mind watching from behind so you don't get hurt?"  Keres nodded, wishing she could watch his intense power and ferocity in battle but subsided to let the player have his chance.  As the two players entered the clearing they came upon a dark elf dressed in royal robes with a single sword at his waste.  Domarus sped up his pace and soon the Dark elf turned to them with a look of annoyance.

"What is the meaning of this interruption?  What are a couple of peasants doing in my-"  The elf was interrupted as Domarus landed a solid punch to the face, sending the npc sprawling backward before reaching to draw his blade.  Domarus glanced at Aereth.

"He has twelve health so try to use a few sword arts, and let me know if you'd like me to speed this up for you."

ID#  69994  BD:  6  CD:  1  MD:  1

Domarus:  280/280  -><-  28

Aereth:  180/180  -><-  18

Dark Elf:  11/12  -><-  9 dmg

@Aereth

Edited by Domarus

"Bait taken..." Aereth thought as Domarus started lo laugh heartly. "Now he thinks that he has got the upper hand. But don't make the mistake to underestimate me." He knew that his new "friend" didn't trust Aereth one bit, but he knew that he was at an advantage if he let Domarus think that he would have the upper hand. 

Domarus told him not to worry and that people get suspicious around him more often than Aereth can imagine. "What a surprise..." he thought while smiling and saying. "I'm glad that you're not mad my friend. After hearing that you are going to join our guild, I didn't want to hide something like this from you, since you would easily find out about my trust issues with you. So I thought it would be better if I told you about it right now, as well as saying sorry." he said while he offered Domarus his hand for a handshake.

Then he unequipped his weapon and told his maid friend to stay behind, so that she wouldn't get hurt. The two comrades entered the clearing and as the Dark Elf turned to Domarus and Aereth, he started to speak some generic NPC crap as an initiation to the fight. Completely ignoring the rambling of the NPC, Domarus punched the elf right into the face and sent him flying backwards. 

He then turned to Aereth and said that he should use some sword arts in order to weaken him, and that he should let Domarus know if he needed some help. "Yeah got it." he said and got into his battle stance.

At the whip of an eye he was gone. While he was running towards the <<Dark Elf>> at his maximum speed, he equipped his new sword, the Sword of Legion. Light engulfed his back and as he pulled it out of it's sheath, and he charged his <<Snake Bite>> sword art. The elf had regained his fighting stance and was about to pull out it's sword as Aereth reached it and let go of his sword art. With the first hit of the combo, he cleanly cut of the arm of the elf that was about to pull it's sword. The second hit was placed on its chest, and with the last hit of the combo, Aereth severed the head from the shoulders of the monster, which made the Dark Elf scatter into thousands of little polygons. A little <<Congatulation>> screen popped up in front of Aereth, which said that the items needed for the quest got transfered into his inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 69995 results:

Battle: 10

Damage: (6+2) * 3 * 1 = 24 DMG

Domarus:     280/280       28/28

Aereth:         180/180       15/18

Dark Elf:       0/12             DEAD

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Domarus had shaken the player's hand before they arrived at the area with the Dark Elf.  As he had expected, the player was attempting to play a game of deception which he would inevitably fail at.  As the battle had started, the Dark Elf struck at Aereth but was blocked.  He watched the player dash with the incredible speed light armor provided but if he was honest, it wasn't as fast as others he had seen.  The player made a one hit shot on the boss and shattered it into pieces.  Domarus nodded with a grin and patted him on the back.

"Told you it was easy.  The boss is ridiculously weak.  Congrats though, we can go pick up your armor.  And then of course, if you're still interested I'm always up for a drink or two."  Keres resisted, and successfully hid the fact that she was resisting, the urge to smile or grin at the comment.  She knew that this time she'd be with Domarus when the event happened.  And she was quite excited and interested in how this would turn out, whether or not the player ended up getting drunk or not, she would have quite a show to watch.  She would also need to slowly slip in the serving factor as well as the mischievous interest of hers so that he would slowly become accustom to her.  Domarus gestured to the town gate.

"Well let's head over and get your armor shall we?  Now then, I'm assuming you'll want light armor.  I went and chose heavy armor myself.  Wanted to deal as much damage as well as take as much damage as I could.  However I intend to max out my damage first.  When I get a familiar I'll work on getting an ax that deals all out status damage.  However I need someone to accompany me to get a familiar first.  Still trying to decide what sort of familiar to get though."  

@Aereth

As the boss scattered into pieces, Aereth felt something hit his back. And as he turned around he saw a smiling Domarus congratulating him for defeating this rather weak boss. "Yeah. You were completely right man. I didn't even got to hit him twice." he shrugged with his shoulders and put a smile on his face. "But that also means more time for drinking. Haha." Aereth didn't know how much Domarus was able to drink without letting his guard down. This and the fact that he will also have an sober comrade for the whole evening gave him the clear advantage. He knew exactly that he had to be careful around this guy and his maid on this evening. But what Domarus didn't know was, that Aereth also had a high resistance to alcohol, due to the fact that he grew up in a country where you were able to buy beer at the age of 16 and harder things at the age of 18.

OOC: Do you want to get the drinks in this thread or should we make an extra one for it?

He then gestured to the town gate and said that the should head back to town to pick up the armor. Aereth answered Domarus' question about what type of armor he wanted with a smile. "Yes you are right. I'm going for a light armor with evasion enhancements. My speed is all I got, and to be honest it's far away from where I want it to be, so this will be a big grind until I get where I want to be. And if you want, I can help you with that quest if you like."

@Domarus

OOC-  Whatever works for you my friend.  This was your quest after all, heh heh

As he watched the player shrug and smile, Domarus couldn't help but wonder how long this player thought he could keep up the act.  When he mentioned more time for drinking Domarus let out a hearty laugh.

"Indeed, there is always time for drinking my friend!  On that point you're absolutely right!  Any time you'd like to drink with a friend just let me know and I'll be there."  For a drink, some time off, and information he thought to himself.  Keres walked up on the other side of Aereth with a smile, keeping stride beside him.  She wanted to tease him so bad but it wasn't time yet, not by a long shot.  He may have been given a good word by his friends, but he himself was still very suspicious, that much was painfully obvious even to her.  So they needed to roll with it until he became more comfortable around them.  Only then could she be her usual, teasing, mischievous, embarrassing self.  Domarus listened to Aereth as he talked about how speed was all he had and how he wanted to increase it greatly by constant training.  Perhaps this was the scout general he'd been looking for all this time.  Then again he might not depending on multiple aspects.  Either way they needed to progress further.  When the player offered to help with his quest he lifted an eyebrow.

"Would you now?  I heard it takes an extremely long time and I'm not exactly skilled in searching.  However if you're serious about joining me I have no issue with it.  Perhaps I could help you find your own familiar when the time comes."  Keres herself was thinking about different animals that would work for Domarus.  Snake, falcon, dragon.  Those were the three creatures on her mind for now.

@Aereth

Domarus let out a heartily laugh as at Aereth's comment and said that anytime he needed somebody to drink he should call him. "Nothing's better than to go out for a drink after all the work is done. Especially when you share the time with a friend." He said.

And it was indeed true. Even back in the real world Aereth liked to go out for a drink with his friends when he was able to. Thankfully, Kayaba was so kind to add alcohol to the game. And today Aereth was out for fun. He wanted to play around with his new toys. And maybe get some intel on what they were plotting. But he wouldn't push anything. He now knew that at least Domarus was going to join his guild, so that means that he was in no hurry to get informations. Time was in his favour.

"Yeah sure. I think it would be fun to do that together, and maybe we can get to know each other bette, since we will be together in the same guild in some time." He said to Domarus.

Then he turned to Keres. He noticed that she wasn't speaking at all, except she was directly asked something. Her behaviour fit her maid look perfectly. But those eyes... "Are you always so quiet or could it be that you are a little bit uncomfortable around me?" He asked her never breaking eye contact with her. 

@Domarus

OOC: fast 3-4 hours huh ^^

OOC- Heh heh.  Yes indeed

Aerate seemed very pleased that Domarus wanted to be his drinking buddy, which meant he might have done so a lot in the real world.  This either meant he was one of those people who tended to get drunk a lot, or one of the rare individuals who held some resistance to the alcohol.  Either way it wouldn't matter.  Even if he couldn't extract information from the player he had other means of doing so.  He even had ways to change a person's personality completely, though he'd need to know their backstory, personality, and any close ones in and outside of the game.  He was going to use this technique with Alisa before she disappeared.  When the player accepted his request Domarus grinned.  

"Well alright then!  After I get a few items to help with the search I'll send you a message ok?"  He still wondered what sort of familiar would end up joining his side.  He heard that many players grew attached to their familiars and while he was prepared for this, he was also not going to let this 'connection' get in his way.  Should he end up having to kill the familiar he wasn't afraid to do so.  It wasn't real and he really didn't care.  If he needed to he could always take the quest again.  Then the player asked Keres a question and as he noticed Aereth keeping total eye contact with her, he felt a spark.  The player was slowly impressing Domarus, just a little that is.  He knew how to get information it seemed.  However Keres was the best at keeping secrets.  She wouldn't give away anything at all.  Keres turned to him and smiled while cocking her head.

"I just like to get to know others before opening up more is all."  She gave off a quick giggle which she really didn't enjoy but made it sound genuine.  Oh she couldn't wait until she was able to mess with the player.

@Aereth

Aereth saw his new comrade grinning as he told him he would join him to help him get the familiar. He seemed to really need the familiar for his future plans, but as long as he didn't harm anybody, it would be ok for Aereth. "Yes, message me anytime. Though... Maybe not tomorrow morning." He said with a loud laugh, referring to the night and alcohol, which were yet to come and drink.

After he asked his question to the maid she turned to him with a smile and cocked her head as she gave her answer. "That's a healthy attitude you have there." then she gave of a quick giggle and turned away from Aereth. He couldn't read much out of her eyes, but one thing he saw clearly. She was longing for something. Aereth couldn't figure out what she was longing for though. But he sure as hell would take his sweet time to figure that thing out. "At least she gave away something." he thought and continued his way with his two "friends".

Then they finally reached the quest NPC and Aereth handed over the gathered quest items. "Like I said before, I want to have a dark brown/black-ish leather (OOC: same color as the rest of his outfit in sig and profile pic) coat with an +1 EVASION enhancement." The blacksmith and his wife nodded and left to the back of their shop. "Hey Domarus. Do you have a specific bar in mind for our little drink?" He asked as he leaned himself against one of the walls of the shop.

@Domarus

Edited by Aereth

Aereth seemed to think for himself for a split second before saying his comment.  This of course, was to be expected.  This was a suspicious player, and such people took time to sway, much longer than most others.  However Domarus was a patient man indeed.  And time they most certainly had.  It had been a very long time going into SAO and only eighteen floors had been cleared thus far.  They had a very long way to go, and thus so much time for him to gain a foothold.  Even if his goals somehow, however unlikely, he didn't give his real name to anyone, and he never would.  Therefore his progress in the real world would remain unhindered.  The day they left this world was the day he returned to his empire, and used the SAO event to further his goals.  When Aereth replied to Domarus he chuckled.

"I'll keep that in mind friend!"  He joined Aereth in the loud laughter, all the while chuckling within.  As Keres replied Domarus thought her words to be well chosen.  Keres herself was proud when she heard his response.  She saw he was a bit suspicious of her as well but that couldn't be helped.  The player was suspicious and therefore would most likely see all they said as false for the longest time.  That was fine for now of course.  And even if he remained suspicious the rest of his days, his 'feelings' that powered his suspicion was utterly useless against the word of multiple other players out there.  When they walked into the blacksmith shop the smith looked up and spotted Domarus, giving him a grin.

"Hey there Domarus!  How's that armor I made ya helping out?"  Domarus mentally grunted, but smiled sheepishly outwardly.

"It's doing great smith!  Thanks for asking."  As Aereth gave the blacksmith the items he couldn't help but think about his statement.  The armor at this point was used to keep new or weak players from being scared of him.  Should he be wearing Hopebreaker he'd be scaring most players off.  When Aereth asked if he had a place in mind for a drink he shook his head.

"Nowhere permanent yet.  I've been hopping to different areas but so far nothing."

@Aereth