[OP-F1-NK] Meet Up

Ivory smiled. "Nice to meet you Zulas. I'm Ivory, and im not part of the frontlines just yet. Ill be participating in the next boss fight though, after this one." She explained. She cocked her head to the side a little, one of her ears twitching a little bit. "Why do you ask?" She questioned, wondering if he was planning to be a part of the next boss fight as well. She had held off on it even though she had already finished her healing build because despite her desire to help others she didnt want to die and felt as though she needed both better equipment and more levels. She just didnt feel like she could take a single AOE attack from any of the floor bosses, even the ones that they had already defeated. She booped him on the shoulder. "If you arent already, I'm sure that you'll get there in no time at all. Well, if thats your goal." She said witha smile. For all she knew he didnt want to be on the frontlines.

@Zulas

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domarus watched as people began to file in and he noted that many of them looked like they were new to the game.  Once again he saw this as the perfect chance to seek out followers but Keres said she just wanted to 'hang out'.  He watched Ivory go talk to the player Beatbox and the player @Lessa seemed a bit distracted.  He was thinking about what he should do next in this situation.  He could randomly greet the players but then what?  Unless they had some experience in this game, they had nothing to talk about.  Keres tapped his arm and Domarus turned to her.  He saw her nod at a female and he watched as she seemed to sniff the players.  Domarus wondered why she was sniffing other people.  A strange habit to say the least, but it's not like she could detect personality like an animal could.  The thought of her sniffing reminded him of a comment Esther had made about Domarus.  She said he smelled like a bonfire in the middle of winter and like cinnamon.  He thought it strange but then again, Esther was a strange companion.  Keres walked up to the girl and Domarus shook his head with a chuckle.  She never could resist talking to the strong ones could she?  Keres walked up in her maid outfit to the player and tapped her shoulder.  When the player turned around Keres raised her hand to shake the other's.

"Hi there!  I'm Keres, nice to meet you!  This is my friend Domarus!"  Domarus walked up with a smile and gave a slight bow.

"Hello there.  It's nice to meet you miss."

@Letty

Zulas knew that he wanted to be in the Frontlines eventually, but knew that that was still a long way to go. He looked at her a bit differently now, she was going to be at the place where he wanted to go. "Yes, I want to eventually go to the Frontlines." - he confessed to @Ivory Lotus but he knew the truth.

The young man realized what he had said and quickly composed himself, "Nice to meet you, Ivory." The words that she had spoken rang true in Zulas's ears, he needed both experience and equipment in order to make it against those bosses. He knew that he would eventually make it, but not today. This time he hoped that he would meet some of the people that battle the floor bosses and learn something from them. At least enough for him to make it there eventually. 

He looked around at the people that had gathered and noticed that he hadn't said anything in a few seconds. She kept staring at him, and it made him blush a bit so he averted her gaze and looked out at the fields. "So... do you know everyone here?" - he asked her.

Raze sheathed his starter sword, and watched the colorful particles of the defeated boar drift gently into the sky. He looked up at his handiwork, the entire field of boars had been slain, and many of them with Raze's first slash. I'm much stronger than I was. And while I will always have room for improvement.. I think I'm just about ready, to take down Lupa. His thoughts were interrupted by a message, from Zulas. Giving it a cursory read, Raze looks over in the direction of the location mentioned. He was still on floor one and could barely make out a small congregation of players near the fields of the starting city. Instead of replying, Raze walked over to the meeting grounds, deciding to give Zulas a bit of a surprise. 

Getting closer he observed Zulas having a conversation with someone. Feeling out of place he slowed his pace and slowly entered the vision of the others; silently and with the slightest of frowns across his face. He waited patiently just out of earshot of his friends discussion as to not eavesdrop.

As he waited, he absentmindedly cleaned the boar's blood off his starter gear.

Edited by Raze

She smiled. "Thats pretty cool. As long as you dont feel like your forced to join the frontlines. And i know pretty much everyone. I try to introduce myself and at least get everyone's names. I dont know those two over there." She said, motioning to the two that had been flirting. "Or that guy right there." She stated, once more motioning to the person who she was talking about. "You probably wont get to the frontlines for a very long time. I'm only joining as early as I am because i'm a healer. I wont be doing any of the fighting and probably wont be getting hit too often. Still, it's better to be safe." She looked back over at the other player who had approached and seemed as though he was waiting for them to finish their conversation. She looked at Zulas. "Do you know him? He looks like hes waiting on one of us." She commented. He was either waiting for Zulas or waiting for her as she was the "hostess" of sorts for this little get together.

@Zulas

@Raze

Zulas eyes turned towards the direction she pointed at, "Ah, yes. His name is Raze. We've partied up a couple of times. He's the only player I've done that with actually." Zulas didn't know why said that. He didn't know Ivory, not as well as he did Raze so he didn't now why he said it. He had gone on a few quests with the player and they had developed a certain partnership when it came to the game. Even so, it was still hard in this game for Zulas to make actual friends because he didn't know when one day would be the last. He didn't want to go through what he had already experienced once. 

He composed himself quickly and waved over to @Raze, "Hey Raze, come over here." Zulas waited for the man to come over, and directed his next comment to @Ivory Lotus. "He's a good guy. He doesn't talk much, though." - he smiled at Ivory. He knew that Raze had a difficult past same as him, but if being around people is helping Zulas then it should also work for him too.

Khrysaor was finishing up in the shop, and was happy he got to see his buddy Ryuu today who wanted his custom ordered sword. Khrysaor was about to head back to the balcony of the shop to look at the view, but before he could one step outside he got a notification indicating another party was going to happen. Khrysaor looked at the details and wondered, 'I don't know who this Ivory is but a party is a party, so why don't I check it out.' Keen on having a little fun, while getting to more players seemed like a good way for him to finish off a tiring day of work, it was time to enjoy. He walked out and locked his shop, to head on over to the teleportation gate. Once, he got there he stepped up and stated "Teleport-Starting City, Floor 1", and slowly started to disappear in a swirl of bluish-white light.

He reappeared in the town that was like his personal backyard now, he knew the place like the back of his hand. "I wonder how long ago the party started and if I am late. I better get there fast." Khrysaor walked at a fast pace through the maze like town, till he reached the fields where the party was supposed to take place. He turned his head in the direction he could hear talking, and saw a pretty large group of players already there. He started to slowly walk towards the group and called out, "Hey guys. What's up, am I late?" As Khrysaor was a few meters away he noticed Bhairyuu there as well and said, "Hey, Ryuu fancy meeting you here. Didn't we just see each other not too long ago. So, how is that shiny new blade of yours holding up." As he said this, Khrysaor gestured with head pointing towards Bhairyuu's sword. As Khrysaor admired his handiwork, he continued on saying, "That sword is one of my best masterpiece, you take care of it you hear." As Khrysaor waited for Ryuu's reply he took the time observe the other players to see if he could recognize anyone else.

A late appearance is better than any, and Macradon would come walking on the first floor, wearing his full set of armor, though without his helmet, having his pale white hair out in the wind and his blood red scarlet eyes showing up. "Man, quite the flock we have here" he said, glancing over the many people who had been meeting up at the place. He spotted a person he had met before, but hadn't seen in a long time. What was the blonde's name again ... "Was it ... no ... uh ... hm ..." he pondered as he tried to figure out the name of the girl. "Oh, of course!" he thought as he would begin to approach her. "Hey, @Lessa, wasn't it?" he would ask as he got closer "Long time no see, what've you been up to?" he would ask her. It has been so long Macradon couldn't even remember when they last saw each other, be it the frontlines or an ... Azure Brigade event ... Macradon sighed deeply as the mental scar would open and bleed by the memory of the Azure Brigade and those he knew from there, specifically Dom. He would use his left hand and just grab the point of his sword down at the bottom of his back, remembering back to when Dom gave him the sword. He would let out a slight breath and look back at the blonde.

Distracted by the cleansing of his gear, Raze did not notice the very slowly increasing quantity of players, which was good for him: he is not known for being social with other people. Zulas beckoned him by name, startling Raze a small bit, he noticed that the woman Zulas was conversing with had not left yet and seemed to be looking at him expectantly. Did I do something wrong? Raze gave himself a mental check over, making sure that he had not forgotten to do something that would surely ruin him, and then slowly walked over towards the two players. Raze closed the distance and looked down at this new person-towering almost half of a foot over her-but couldn't find any words to offer.

So, as would be expected of Raze and new acquaintances, he merely stood there. Anyone who knew him such as @Zulas, would recognize the look of social struggle across his face. But to @Ivory Lotus, his expression would seem as a stone pillar, hard features and showing of no emotion. 

Remembering something, Raze turned his head in Zulas' direction and found the necessary words to say.

"There is something I might need your help with." Raze said quietly, and with a certain impassiveness. "A personal vendetta, that I cannot achieve by myself." He talked slowly, pronouncing each word carefully, realizing the irony behind his words. Despite his tendency to remain quiet, his voice has a penchant to resound across distances. It would be likely that this other player would hear this.

Edited by Raze

"Oh."

The man's sudden appearance caught her off-guard, and the fact that she could not remember him only worsened the situation. Her gaze swept over him multiple times, searching his eyes, his face, his gear, for some clue as to his identity. When she could find none, she donned a sheepish smile. "Hi," came the pitiful response. "I'm so sorry, I don't mean to be rude. I'm afraid I'm having a hard time placing you." She meant no offense, and fiercely hoped that none was taken. He recognized her, and that made things all the worse.

One hand nervously raked through her hair, shoving it out of her face as she thought desperately for something to say. A witty joke, so she could laugh her way out of the situation. Or maybe an excuse of some sort? Blaming the trauma she had endured would not be all that far from the truth, but considering everyone in Aincrad had been through a lot already, it seemed like a cop-out. Instead, she merely gave a small, apologetic shrug.

@Macradon

Edited by Lessa

Macradon let out a slight chortle as she didn't remember him at all "Ahh, well it has been a while, and I didn't wear this armor when we last saw each other, I believe" he said. "I'm Macradon, I was a friend of Dom. I only believe we had seen each other a few times" he would reply. Of course she wouldn't know who he was when he barely remembered her, only hearing her name from the one and only Dom. "It has been quite some time since that incident, and I don't believe we even saw each other at that time, I think you "vanished" before that happened" he said with a light, but still grieved, voice. He would let out a light breathe before looking up at her "Though it doesn't seem to be a problem, let's just do a proper greet here and now. As I told you, I'm Macradon" he would say and stretch out his gauntlet clad hand out for a hand shake, if she would go and accept it. "No wonder she won't remember me. @Lessa hadn't been on the front line for a while now ..." he thought, awaiting a handshake.

"Ah, Dom." Her voice was soft, mimicking the expression that faded from warm greeting to cool remembrance. He was a friend of Doms. Or, more appropriately, had been a friend of Dom's. "Were you a member of the Azure Brigade, then? I think I may have seen you there, but I suppose I could be making that up." This time, when she tried for a smile, it was tired, emotion tugging at her. She remembered Dom, though she had not thought of him for quite some time. And, in truth, bringing him up so casually in conversation was difficult. Lessa did her best to avoid speaking of the dead, ill, or otherwise. It was just easier that way.

Shelving the thoughts for the time being, she accepted the man's handshake. "Lessa," she replied, out of habit. Then, quickly, "but I suppose you already know that." She gave his hand a firm shake, before releasing it, and moving her hands to her hips. "So you're here for the festivities, then?" she inquired.

@Macradon

Edited by Lessa

Another lazy day awaits Kasier in the world of Aincrad. A place where reality becomes pixels and pixels become reality. It really hasn't been that long since the last major event/party and it did truly surprise Kasier to find that yet another party was available. For some reason, the last meeting had leveled her up quite a bit despite the fact that no combat was involved. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she had gone ahead and communicated with numerous amounts of people during that passage of time and hence, she was leveled up so much. This led Kasier to think that if there was another one, there was no doubt that she would participate in it. Seems like the first floor is filled with festive people. Guess people are looking to party up and get to know each other here. Though it won't be long until I get myself off this beginner floor and up to the higher floors. She thought, entering the radius in which the people were conversing within. However, unlike last time, she really didn't see anyone around that she actually recognized. Sure, there was the red-head Domarus that she had met a while ago but he seemed occupied by other players who seems to be having delight sharing ideas with him. Hence, Kasier sighed and looked around, checking once more to see if there was anyone open for her to talk to but failed to do so in the end. You know what? I would really love some food right now. What's a gathering without any food? She thought to herself, scanning the area and trying to make herself comfortable and unnoticed in the waves of unfamiliar people.

Ivory was a little bit confused by the newcomer. Zulas had said that he was quiet, but she was having trouble making out what he was saying over the conversations that were going on around them. He was speaking quietly, and she had to strain to hear what he was saying. At least there was nothing wrong with his pronunciation. Still, she got the gist of what he was saying, and also made a note that he hadnt actually introduced himself. She didnt comment on it and instead just came to the conclusion that he was one of those straight to the point people who didnt understand the pleasantries or necessity of small talk. "Thats a bit silly. A personal vendetta is supposed to be personal, why would you try to bring others into it? I'm Ivory by the way, nice to meet both of you. I'll leave you guys to it. I have more people to meet. Ill be back around later if you guys are still here." She stated, smiling broadly before walking towards the center of the group.

@Zulas

@Raze

Zulas looked over at @Ivory Lotus and called out to her, "Thanks for the chat. I hope that I can count on you in the future, if you're not busy that is." - he said hesitantly. "Could I count on your help if I need it? Although you don't have to, if you don't want to." Zulas had never said those words before, well only once in his life. He couldn't believe that they had come out as they did. He finally shook his head and turned his attention to @Raze.

He had a serious look on his that he sort of recognized. He knew that Raze really needed his help if he was asking for it. Zulas had partied with him before and would do so again, as he was aware that Raze was a reliable party member. The silver haired man was a good swordsman, he did jumped into the fray too much for Zulas's liking but it gave Zulas the advantage he needed in battle. This was the reason that they worked sort of good together, Zulas thought.

"Yea, just let me know when and where. I just have to get a new piece of armor; I've already made some offers." - he confirmed Raze. 

While he was waiting on Letty to reply after he had addressed Hakai, Bhairyuu had seen two other players, one male and one female walk up behind Letty and try to engage her in conversation, so he bowed his head in greeting to them as well. This made him chuckle as he was at least partly sure it was her strange habit of sniffing people upon first meeting, but he did not have time to dwell on it since he heard his friend Khrysaor call out to him from several steps away. So he turned his head toward Khrys and replied with a sigh

"Yea, we saw each other when I came to pick up my shiny new sword, Khrys. Don't worry, I had been wating for you to finish making that sword for ages now...I wouldn't be so careless as to go damaging it...besides if I do...I would have to make the troublesome trip back to Florenthia just to get it repaired by you....oh by the way...come over here...I want you to meet some new acquaintances of mine...as well as a potential customer."

Bhairyuu beckoned @Khrysaor over to where he was standing so he could have him meet Letty and maybe get in an order for a custom-order breastplate and then turned back to @Letty to wait for her reply.

Letty "Thank you for the offer, but are you sure it won't be too much trouble? I mean I would like that, but how much would it cost me?" Letty answered. Letty fixed her hair a little bit, since it had been drooping down slightly and went back to talk with Bhairyuu.

"I don't have much Col on me, so I don't think I can afford anything fancy." Letty explained quietly. Letty frowned slightly as she said this. "I'm sorry if I can't pay for it. I don't know what to say really, just don't kill me." Letty said with dismay.

Bhairyuu chuckled even more as he heard his new friend Letty start worrying about the logistics of getting a custom-order breastplate from his other buddy Khrys and hurried to reply, hoping he could assuage her fears about her apparently inadequate Col funds, his hand waving dismissively

"Dont worry so much about it, Letty...my buddy Khrys is pretty reasonable when it comes to this stuff...Earlier today, he gifted me my new sword that I commissioned him to make at a fairly reasonable price and even said I could pay him once I have the Col...so I am pretty sure I can convince him to do the same for you...Just think of this as my gift to you as commemoration of our newborn friendship."

He paused, briefly turning his head to see if Khrysaor had made it over to them and then turned back to @Letty with a puzzled expression on his face as she once again made that wierd comment about him killing her and asked with a slight head tilt with his eyes narrowed and his brow furrowed, making him look like a fox

"Kill you? Why would I do something so darn troublesome? You do know mindless PKing is heavily frowned upon in this game, dont you? After all, this game is dangerous enough as it is thanks to that stunt Kayaba pulled...there's no need for any of us to go slaughtering each other...

He paused for effect here and after considering his words carefully, he spoke again with that smirk stll on his lips

"besides...I have a general policy of being nice to the ladies...unless they do something to provoke me to violence, of course...so as long as you dont try to attack me, we'll be golden...by the way...it looks like some of your admirers have showed up...look behind you..."

He nodded to a point behind Letty, indicating the woman who called herself Keres and the guy who he now knew to be named Dom and stood back, intending to watch Letty's interaction with them before he set her up for a deal with his buddy Khrys.

[OOC: There's basically Domarus and this other woman called Keres behind your character @Letty ]

Edited by Bhairyuu

Letty turned around to see Domarus and Keres standing behind her, with a slight smile. Letty took a blank expression and walked up closely to the two. Letty sniffed Keres first, then Domarus second. "You two seem okay. My name is Letty by the way. Sorry if my sniffing bothers you. It's just a little habit of mine. Did you need something from me? I'll do what I can to help, just don't kill me." Letty said as she winked at them quickly, hoping not to come off as weird or creepy. She stepped back from them after sniffing them and gave a quick wave just as another sign that she was friendly. "Ah Letty, why do you get yourself into these situations?" Letty thought to herself as she waited for a response, while still smiling at Domarus and Keres.

Edited by Letty

When Khrysaor noticed Bhairyuu beckoning him forward, he came forward with a wave of his hand and said, "Yo, which of the players did you want me to meet, and who is the lucky player who wants to do business with moi?" Khrysaor could see that there were already a few players surrounding Bhairyuu, so he had no clue with whom he was supposed to meet with. He turned to @Letty, @Domarus, and @Keres and said, "Hi, my name is Khrysaor, how are you guys this fine day? How is the party so far?" He then shot his hand for them to shake if they so wished to. As he waited, Khrysaor looked around to observe the other groups of players in the party and see what they are up to.