[OP-F1-NK] Meet Up

The player seemed to think for the longest moment before finally giving an answer.  And that answer was so simple that with all that hesitant beforehand it was painfully obvious that it wasn't the full truth.  However he would not worry about that for now.  He'd get that information at a later date.

"Yeah I played video games as well.  Mainly MMORPGs.  Outside of that not much.  In here I love combat.  The adrenaline of the fight, the power and strength that surges through me when I unleash a sword art.  It's breathtaking."  Of course there was one thing he enjoyed greatly that he wasn't going to share with this player, let alone others:  Manipulation.  Twisting and changing the thoughts of others so that they were more willing to help him until they ended up as his followers.  Then he'd work his way through the game, increasing his level, skills and equipment, as well as manipulating others to gain even more followers, until he had power that no other player would have.  He'd make his way to the front lines and become a necessity to have for the progression of the game, therefore making it more unjustifiable to kill him.  For now however he needed to start small.

"What games did you play?  MMO?  Console?  Retro?  PC?  And what was your favorite game?"  Keres watched the two talk to each other and mentally sighed.  So easy.  So tempting.  To get her mind off of the temptation she looked around and spotted @Arc.  She wasn't sure if he would see her but if his eyes fell on her and Domarus she would give him a quick wave with a sly grin on her face.

@Fate

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tone of his voice was low, monotone- it made her uncomfortable, hearing the usually-loud man speak with a lack of emotion. Good news came of his words though. "You joined again? That's great! It's good to have you back," she cheered, her hands dancing through the air with excitement before resting by her sides. 'Something's really bummed him out, but what...' It was a mystery she wouldn't be able to solve without asking him straight up, but knowing this might only make things worse, the bluenette elected to take a seat beside Beat and watch over the mass crowd with him.

Another voice- one she knew well by this point- reached out through the crowd, and her eyes rose to search for the face that it belonged to. 'That's.. yup!' She laid eyes on Tobias and couldn't help but smile at the sight of him, but kept quiet seeing as he'd only addressed Beatbox thus far. She kept her arm low and sent a wave to the man, though her wave slowed and eventually froze as she caught wind of his new hairstyle. 'Bl.. blue hair?'

Edited by Birdie

Zulas looked around at the people gathered before responding to Raze. "I've seen some of the people here, but haven't actually interacted with them." - he said to Raze. His eyes fell on some of the players walking around. He knew that some of them were fighting in the Frontlines, but he wasn't exactly sure who. 

"Yes. I will try to ask her later." - he responded to Raze when he saw Ivory talking with somebody else in the group. "So @Raze, tell me a bit more about this vendetta you have. And why is it you think I can help you? I'm not at a high level right now." - he said. There was a genuine concern in his voice as he spoke because he knew that it must have been a bit difficult for Raze to ask for help. Again, Zulas scanned the crowd just to see what people were up to. He could tell that some were new but others seemed to have known each other for a long time. Is this what you wanted? For me to be like them. I don't know if I can, but I promise you... I'll try.

Bhairyuu stood back a little from Khrysaor and Letty so that he could observe her as she interacted with him and hopefully glean some info on her that he hoped would tell him if she would prove to be a vaulable party member later on or not. He whispered to Khrysaor so that Letty could not overhear him

"So...what do you think, bud? Can you do her a solid and make her that custom breastplate she is asking for? I would appreciate it...and I think if we help her out, she could prove to be a useful ally sometime down the line..."

After that, he went back to his position and leaned back against one of the nearest table as he lazily observed both @Khrysaor and his new friend @Letty, all the while wondering what Khrys's response to her would be and also how she would go about gathering the Col for such a custom-order as the one she was asking from him. While he waited, he took some of the food laid out on the table onto a plate and started crunching some munchies as politely as he could so as to not draw unwanted attention to himself.

Edited by Bhairyuu

He turned his attention immediately when he noticed the wave out of his peripheral vision. Ava was there, and he smiled brightly as he saw her. "Hey there," he said as he relaxed a bit and sank his weight back on one foot. "I uh," he reached up and ran a hand through his hair, embarrassed. "I didn't think you'd be out here," he laughed.

The truth was, Tobias wasn't sure how Birdie would react to his aesthetic changes. They weren't all that different in terms of clothing- well, beyond the open display of his torso- but his hairstyle and the color were starkly different. He'd chosen the color entirely based off something that made him happy. That was a step in the right direction.

He'd noticed @Domarus and his friend, Keres as well, and he returned the wave with a quiet one of his own. The soft smile on his features never left.

"How's... tricks?" he asked, recalling the greeting of his friend Chris and the colloquial speech of the girl's native land. It sounded a bit goofy from a Southern boy, but Arc didn't mind so much.

@Birdie

Edited by Arc

Beatbox had listened to Birdies words and yet again, he typically would have shown any more emotion... he would have smiled at her, yet he didn't. He noticed Arc was in the background, he knew that he was going to come over here, it was only a matter of time before the two would become occupied, and then forget the blonde haired player. He grinned at that thought. "I guess so..." he said to @Birdie with his monotone voice, lack of emotion came from Beatbox. It only seemed as he was thinking more worse and worse thoughts about the situation. He barely looked over to @Arc that had just appeared next to him and spoke to him... his hair changed, however Beatbox would have shown any form of emotion to the change of look, but he did not. "Yeah... it's been a while..." he said once again with a monotone voice lacking of emotion, he worries about that one smile... its affecting him very greatly.

Hakai wandered away from the two who she hadnt even deigned to speak to. To tell the truth, the second they had opened their mouth she had completely lost interest. She frowned and walked away, wondering whether or not to stick around. She glanced around once more, her eyes alighting on Beatbox. It was pretty obvious that the kid wanted attention. She didnt walk towards him. She wasnt in the mood to comfort him, and she felt as though she had made a pretty good impression on him. She didnt want to ruin that just because she was feeling a bit edgy. She turned around and walked over to a corner of field by herself, sitting down and letting out a big yawn. She was, in truth, bored of the game as a whole and the people in it. They were all the same in the ways that mattered to her. She didnt want attention, she just wanted some alone time to think about what she wanted.

It took her a while longer to notice the rest of the changes, though her eyes fell where his cloak would once have covered up. "Y-yeah, me neither..." The bluenette's gaze held for longer than it ought to, and instead of ogling at his features, a cough escaped her lips as her eyes moved up to his face.

She blinked, ''How's tricks?' Where on Earth did he hear that one from?' Her lips curled into a smile, at least he'd made an effort to speak some familiar slang. "Haven't heard that one in a long time- I'm great, yeah, just came here to um..." She remembered back to where her eyes had been previously. "... admire the scenery. How's you?"

Beatbox then replied, though his tone would've fallen on deaf ears if she hadn't been listening out for him. Her face contorted, visibly disheartened by the star's lack of enthusiasm. "Are you okay? You seem a little.. not yourself." Her eyes pressed shut, cringing- the girl was horrible at dealing with people who were upset, but the way to handle it was definitely not asking him flat out what the problem was. Still, she tried to remain hopeful, looking to the blodne with a calm expression. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Edited by Birdie

"Good to see you again, at any rate," Arc replied as @Beatbox gave an uncharacteristically short reply. His smile faltered a bit as he wondered about the curt nature of the other man's speech, because it seemed like something was wrong. It was further confirmed by @Birdie that he was acting out of sorts. So he wasn't the only one to notice. Maybe he was getting better at picking up on social cues? Or maybe it was just painstakingly obvious.

That was probably it.

"Been staying far from Hellhounds, I hope?" he asked in a playful manner, hoping to bring the man back to normal conversation and possibly abate some of the awkward in the... room... area... field. "You look like you've gotten stronger and changed things up since I last saw you, anyway. That's pretty wicked." It was always good to inspire some positive emotion when things seemed bleak. Thom had been good at that with the Brotherhood. Arc wanted to try and get better at it.

He glanced to Ava as she spoke, and he grinned. "Yeah, the first floor always stays the same, but somehow it feels nice to come back and see it once we've gotten stronger. Sort of reminds you of where it all started, I guess. Might be it's the closest to home we'll get for a while." He shrugged. "Or something like that. I just came out to see what was up. I run a supply line from the upper floors when some of the kids start getting low on goods. It's not much, but I do what I can."

"I'm doing great, though," he added, "did a few adjustments to my gear, and I'm just getting used to them"

Beatbox had continued to look down onto his fox and his hands, listening to Arc's and Birdie's words... he mostly wanted to stay silent, then the image of that messed up smile appeared before him, Beatbox slightly gasped and stopped breathing for a moment, choking on his own air. After a moment he shook his head violently trying to get the image out of his head, he listened to their words and he kept trying to get the image out of his head. "I-i'd rather fight the hellhounds right now..." he said bleek and dully, lacked of emotion. The image of that messed up smile he had displayed kept and kept returning to Beatbox's head, he wanted it out. He looked slightly to Birdie that had asked if I would want to talk about it, a few tears formed on Beatbox's eyes and he looked back down and spoke with an upsetting tone "that smile... the smile that haunts me... the smile my... f-father made... its made me into a monster..." his tears couldn't be held back, tears fell down his face onto the ground, he didn't speak any further... he worried that it might spread around and mistranslate who Beatbox truly is to other players.

@Birdie @Arc

Kasier nodded. Unlike the other members that have recently joined the guild, Kasier was aware of this one. She remembered that Itzal had told her about a player called Aereth a few days ago. It was nice for the guild to finally receive as much attention as it was receiving at the moment. Honestly the way that the guild was set up was to attract lower leveled players since it is a teacher-student sort of build. However, a few high-leveled players, frontliners even, have requested to join the guild and volunteered to become a paladin as a mentor for lower-leveled players. Unluckily though, it appears that the most popular build at the moment was Itzal's build, hence it Kasier, as a healer, really didn't do that much as a paladin except vote for decisions that the guild might be making. A sigh followed and Kasier began to speak, "Ah yes. I remember Itzal talking about you. Welcome to the guild, Aereth. I hope you enjoy your stay here. You're right. It doesn't seem like there are enough players that I know here so I guess I will be taking my leave now. Grinding and leveling awaits me if I want to catch up to Itzal. Perhaps one day you'll even surpass him and replace him as the paladin. You never know." She finished, smiling a smile of acceptance and walking away. "Oh by the way, I should probably add you as a friend." She finished, opening up her inventory and sending Aereth a friend request before walking away and heading back into the darkness of her inactive shop.

@Aereth

Kasier has left the thread

Khrysaor had looked at his potential customer, who was pointed out to him by Bhairyuu. Khrysaor stared at @Letty and let her introduce herself, afterwards, she handed him her standard breastplate to have a look over. He could see that it wasn't in the best condition and might need replacing, but in the middle of his inspection of the breastplate, he got a slight surprise as Letty came up to him and sniffed him. He looked at Letty questioningly, until she answered his unasked question, and told him about her habit. He was thinking, 'Well that was amusing. I wonder what she will do next.'

Khrysaor finished his inspection of the breastplate, but he needed one more thing to complete it though, at least his perverted side needed one more thing. He gave the breastplate back to Letty and asked her, "I am almost done with my inspection, but could you do one thing for me it is necessary for me to be able to make you a more suitable breastplate. Could you wear it so I can see the shape and dimensions i need to make for the breastplate." He wanted to check her out with the breastplate equipped, and thought, 'I wonder how she will look in it.'

Aereth noticed the sigh of the Healing Paladin and hoped that he didn't f*** up their first meeting. Then she told him that he heard about him form Itzal and that she hoped that he enjoys his stay here. Smiling at her he answered. "Hopefully just positive things. Haha. Thanks a lot. And don't worry I quite enjoy the athmosphere of the Celestial Ascendants. You are all awesome people, helping the lower levels getting stronger. That's an honorable thing." Then she said that she will take her leave now, since she didn't seem to know enough players here. He smiled at her last comment. "Haha. That was an awesome joke. I'd be happy if I ever reach half the level of skill your boyfriend has. But have no fear I'll be working hard to gain strength." He then waved for her goodbye as she turned around once again and sent him an friend request. Accepting the friend request, he also turned around and started to look for players he knew.

He saw Birdie, Arc and a blonde player who seemed to be in a very sad mood so Aereth decided not to join their conversation. "Must be very personal..." he thought. But then he spottet two familiar players, namely Keres and Domarus. They seemed to be talking to another player, correction, Domarus was talking to the player and Keres was, like almost every time, just observing the situation. "Let's have some fun with her." he thought as he made his way over to them.

Tapping her shoulder slightly to get her attention, he said with a slight bow of his head. "Hi Keres. Awesome to see you and Domarus here. How have you been?"

@Kasier, @Domarus

'Hellhounds?' She shot Tobias a glare as monsters came into mention, just what did those two get up to? Her expression eased as she realised how daring the look was, opting to roll her eyes and curl her lips into a smile instead. 'A question for another time, I guess.'

He addressed her proper and she sprung into his words. "You deliver food to the nursery? I had no idea, that's... that's really kind of you." Everyone did their part in the world. She just never imagined Tobias' part to be aiding the children who'd been separated from their parents. However strange the idea seemed at first, when she thought about it, Ava realised how perfectly it suited him to do such a thing, bringing a smile to the little bird's lips.

"I noticed! You look... better?" Her smile contorted sheepishly, meaning no offence by what she said. "S-sorry, I mean- in my opinion this look suits you way more. How come you switched it up?" A question as innocent as anything, she marvelled at the changes to his clothing; specifically the loss of the cloak among other things.

Then the blonde spoke words that startled Ava and waterworks came flooding in. It happened so abruptly that her brain shorted out for a moment, unsure of how to respond or even react. She came back to her senses, placing her hand lightly on Beat's shoulder. "H-hey now..everything's gonna be alright..." She realised her words weren't likely to properly console him. Her eyes frantically switched to Tobias, giving him a look as if to say she had no idea what to do, silently mouthing the words 'help!' to her partner.

Edited by Birdie

As Domarus replied to @Fate, Keres stood by his side waiting patiently.  Suddenly Aereth tapped her shoulder and when she turned around she suppressed a smirk as Aereth gave her a slight bow once again.  She loved to serve Domarus and get beat up by him when he was angry, but this was fun too.  Seeing such a warrior bow to a maid like that.  When Aereth spoke Domarus turned to the voice, smiled and nodded to Aereth, and he caught a look Keres gave him to focus on Fate and she would talk with Aereth.  Domarus nodded, trusting her fully and turned back to the player Fate.  Keres looked at Aereth with a grin.

"We're doing alright.  Domarus has trained nonstop and when I saw the sign I figured I could get him to relax a little bit.  However while his body is resting up I feel like his mind hasn't slowed down.  Kind of hard to I guess, he's got too many things on his mind.  Esther being one of the top ones."  Esther was a big issue at the moment and any information leading to her captor's that Domarus came across he dragged all possible information from it or them as he possibly could.  Ever since her capture she noticed Domarus had been fighting and training even harder, never taking a moment to rest.

"Still, he seems to be enjoying himself to some extent.  And that's always a good thing.  How about you Aereth?  You're training going well?"  Domarus had mentioned how he got into the guild Celestial Ascendants and from information Domarus had gathered from the player Morgenstern during alcoholic interrogation, he learned that newcomers who were low leveled or inexperienced were trained by higher leveled players.  Thus it only made sense that Aereth would be trained by another player.  Keres couldn't help but think of the idea of Domarus being trained by someone else a funny one indeed.  Almost comical.

@Aereth

"I met someone or something, in the forest a little while back." He sighed and messed up his hair with his off hand. 

"I was fighting a pack of wolves in floor one. I won't lie to you, I nearly died." He briefly flashes back, "But when I finished off the last one, the Alpha pack leader approached me and spoke fluently." He drew a deep breath and he continued the dialogue. "He or she or whatever it was, identified itself as Lupa and told me that it wouldn't kill me now. Lupa told me to come find it when I was ready, when I was stronger." Raze gazes at Zulas with a determined look in his vibrant violet eyes. "I think I'm ready now. Mainly because if I don't do this now, I may never do it at all." He hesitated, glancing back down at the dirt. "Lupa will probably be expecting just me. But.." His voice lowered even further to an inaudible whisper. "I will never be strong enough on my own."

@Zulas

"I was..." he started, but couldn't quite manage to pick the proper words. Arc tilted his head backward contenplatively for a moment before he decided on what to say. "Sad? For a long time. My natural hair is a light brown color, but Thom had black hair. I switched it over in memory of him, but I never really got over the loss through emulation."

It sounded silly to think that taking on attributes of your dead friend could aid in the grieving process. Then again, Tobias had never really coped well with grief to begin with. His toxic decision had plagued him for a little over a year, but no one knew about it. After he started to meet new people and made friends, he recognized the mistake and slowly mustered the courage to correct it.

As he offered @Birdie a soft smile, he tugged at the vest a bit. "I altered the cloak myself. I'm not used to it yet, but it's allowed me to enjoy the character aesthetic a bit more." He poked his pronounced abdominal region to make his point. "You can really see the Athletics mod at work. I think that's great."

He then reached up and tugged a tuft of his blue hair. "And I decided on something that made me happy."

At that moment, @Beatbox suddenly broke down. "Woah, hey buddy!" Arc stepped closer and knelt down beside his friend. "It's gonna be alright, duder," he said as he placed a hand on the shoulder opposite the one Ava had. "We've got your back."

He glanced over to the woman and nodded slightly.

Zulas listened intently to what @Raze told him, not saying anything himself. He listened to the whole story and waited a few moments before replying. He was processing what Raze had told him. "So, you need my help in order to fight this Lupa?" - he asked more as a confirmation than an actual question. "That seems pretty unique for the Cardinal System.", he smiled at his companion.

The young swordsman took a couple of steps forward, stepping out of the shade of tree, and let the sunlight hit his skin. The air felt brisk this morning as he closed his eyes, already knowing what the answer to his companion's request was going to be. What else could he say to someone who had been with him since almost the beginning. Raze was the only person he has known for so long, but he hoped that it wouldn't be the last. 

He turned again towards the silver haired player , "Well, what are we waiting for?" - he said grinning from ear to ear. That's when he began the trek to the Town of Beginnings hoping his 'friend' wold follow along.

Zulas has left the thread

Edited by Zulas

"Better...? Do I look better to you?" he looked at her with tears in his eyes, he suddenly realized that she had said the wrong words and corrected herself, he took a deep breath for a moment. "Sorry, and I guess this look does fit me better than just plain ole' armor, and the reason why I did this is a long story, I am not willing to say it in front of people I do not know." he said as he brushed his tears away using his hand. He listened to Birdie in her attempt to try to make him feel just a tad bit better, however it didn't really help him out as much as he would want. Matter of fact, he only felt a tad bit better because she had at least tried her best to say something, however Beatbox's face hadn't changed, he had stayed the same emotion. He had felt Birdie placing a hand on his shoulder, but he didn't move... he then felt Arc place a hand on his other shoulder and spoke to him... he looked down and thought of himself very poorly on how he had been thinking about himself at this point, he let out more tears and didn't say another word, he couldn't say anything... nor did he really want to say something... he worried about saying something wrong, he just nodded his head. Typically he would have hugged both of them in a sense, but he didn't he just sat still.

"Ah," Lessa replied simply, giving a small nod of understanding as Macradon explained his appearance at the events. "Yeah, I remember seeing you at a Christmas party or something." With a sheepish smile, she added, "sorry for assuming. I guess there was a time when I figured all strong players belonged to the Brigade. In truth, I always thought my being there was a kind of fluke." Like the flipping of a switch, the comment thrust her deep into a memory in which Zelrius was featured prominently. He had worn a mask those days, in the figurative, and the most literal sense. Sadness had seemed to consume the boy in those final months, and try as she may, Lessa had been incapable of reaching him. Once, the notion had driven her nearly mad with frustration, and she had scornfully added one more tally mark in her ever-growing list of "failed rescues." But as time had passed, his memory had simply left her feeling lost, and a bit empty inside. More than likely, the same emotions he himself had experienced.

His comment broke her reverie, and she worked quickly to insert herself back into the present. "I caught the tail end of that event," she informed him, plastering a smile across her lips to hide the lingering sadness. "It was definitely something. I figured I might actually try my hand at one of these duels, should the opportunity come along."

@Macradon