[PP-F11] Guild Meetings. Resolving Issues <Itzal, Morgenstern, Kasier, Hikoru>

After a bunch of talk about taxation and money and all this things that bores Kasier, it pleased her that they might be talking about something that actually interests her and something that might actually give her room to participate in. Kasier didn't have the brain for the stats and calculations that the guild requires, however, she doesn't lack common sense and morals and hence, despite her not being able to participate much in taxation decision, she could still participate heavily in discussions regarding training. Besides, that one thing that Hikoru confused Kasier so much that she kept on thinking about it until she realized that they were pretty much done with the topic, and she still fails to grasp the gist of it. Perhaps Kasier is just not cut for statistical/mind calculations and anything of the sort, not that she really had to anyway. "I guess we should move on to training now. The taxation topic and debate really, really bored me but I guess we need to get the boring stuff done as well. Now onto more interesting things, regarding training, what do you mean by larger group training, Jonathan? Are you proposing that we terminate the current method in which certain builds train with certain builds or are you proposing that we should all get together for training because if it was the latter of the two, I think it would be an excellent idea. Maybe we should have combat practice with all the builds together, that way we can get used to an actual combat situation by practicing combat as a group over and over. It would also increase our PvP experience which might be handy later on. Who knows? You never know when a skill might come in. Anyway, does anyone wanna go grab some food? I'm feeling quite hungry from all this talk."

Itzal nodded when Jonathan agreed with him.  It was settled at last.  They would have to make a list of rules and requirements for guild quests and missions as well as all the other functions in the guild as well.  When they did it needed to be easy to read and to the point.  Then he suggested training in a group and before Itzal could say anything Kasier spoke up and gave her own point.  He listened to her very carefully and folded his hands together, letting his chin rest on them as he thought.  Finally he spoke up.  "I'm for and against this.  I agree with you Kasier that it will most definitely help us function more as a group and help us learn how to work together.  Jonathan and I had done a quest with Beatbox, and even with just Beatbox and myself we have had communication errors.  It will be healthy for the four builds to learn how to work together.  However I also believe that we should continue the one on one training as well.  This is because if all we did was train as a group, it could easily get confusing for the apprentices when learning.  They could easily hear advice for a dps when they're shooting for a tank, or otherwise.  So individual training should still exist, but we should also keep a steady flow of group training as well."  When Kasier mentioned food his own stomach started rumbling.  He sighed slightly.  He loved food, but he had hoped he wouldn't need to eat until after the meeting was officially over.  Now that she mentioned food however...  "Alright then, let's make an agreement on this concern and we'll go check out a restaurant nearby.  And Hikoru as you requested we can get to know each other better then."

Jonathan listened carefully to what Kasier said and Itzal. They seemed almost to hit on target, but with a major flaw.  Okay I better speak up or they're going to start hating me... "That is not exactly what I meant. What I meant, is we keep doing One on One training, and Entire build training, but we need to add a few entire guild training. Anyway, it is probably going to take forever for Kasier and I to ever even get an initiate. Everyone wants to be a scout, or DPS. Jonathan shut his mouth after that. He wanted a few training sessions in which the guild held and all of the members participated. At least for now, why they only have like eight members. Also, another Idea I would like to bring up is possibly events.... Like dueling tournaments, or something that might bring loot or materials like who can get the most materials. And they would get a prize like a few potions or a piece of equipment.... Just something to make the guild a bit more connected. We can talk about this at the food places if you like though.... 

Hikoru listened and nodded at everyone's words, and the sound of food sounded nice, but he couldn't make it as he had an orange crystal. He looked down and did his best to hide his blush of embarrassment and looked at the others once he had gotten his emotions under control. He re-adjusted his glasses and looked at them, and cleared his throat to gain attention once more

"Well, I'm uh, not able to make it..." He said with a small chuckle "I have an orange crystal, I can't go into towns... I was honestly surprised I could make it here..." He said with embarrassed smile. He scratched the back of his head and relaxed a bit, feeling that the seriousness of the meeting seemed to be over. He stood and nodded to the players "Unless you can think of something otherwise, I shall return to my home on floor ten for now. You guys can connect, I like to be on the more... Mysterious side, you know?" He said with a chuckle, looking at Itzal "You know what I mean, don't you Fe- I mean, Itzal?" He said, catching himself as soon as he could.

Kasier nodded when Itzal accepted her offer to go to a restaurant. However, it really didn't matter whether he accepted it because the others need to approve as well for them all to go to a restaurant nearby. Besides, it's pretty much noon already yet the conversation and guild meeting was going nowhere. She was sure that they would be able to go to a restaurant and pick off where they left as well. It was then that Jonathan began to speak as well with an agreement that they should go to a restaurant and attempted to clarify his previous statement while doing that as well. And now, it was only up to Hikoru to approve, however, it was then that he stated that he was an orange. He has killed someone. Kasier thought, squinting as she realized the orange sign that she had failed to recognize prior to when he actually states it. Now, if he was in the guild, he would surely be trustworthy, however, it was not good for a player within the guild to be of an orange status, especially when the reputation of player killer tends to be very low, and reasonably so. Although player killers might not necessarily be bad people, they are usually depicted this way. Kasier sighed, shaking her head. "I guess we would have to stay out here instead of going to a restaurant then. I would like to make decisions as a whole instead of with only three people. We are all paladins for a reasons so we should stay together even if I have to suffer hunger to stay out here. Of course, if you want to leave, I guess we can disband the meeting here. However, care to explain your orange marker before you leave? Maybe there's an interesting backstory behind that marker." Kasier said, looking over at Itzal and signaling that she will later ask him what Hikoru meant when he said last sentence.

@Itzal @Hikoru @Morgenstern

When Jonathan started to speak Itzal felt sorry for him and Kasier, but in truth that was what he had been thinking all along.  "Actually that's what I meant Jonathan.  Perhaps I should have specified it a little more...  As for events we can talk about that at a later date, when we have more members and everything's more stable."  Then Hikoru spoke up and reminded them that he had an orange cursor.  Itzal felt like an idiot but he was always prepared and opened his menu.  "That's no matter.  I have some pizza I was saving for later tonight.  It's still hot due to it's durability being almost perfect condi-"  He stopped and stared at Hikoru after he called him, for nearly thirty seconds.  "Ulises told you didn't he?"  After Hikoru's inevitable yes, "Dagnabit.  He just had to throw that in my face one more time before he died didn't he?  Ugh, no matter.  It works out since all the paladins should know about each other right?  Just don't go sharing that with everyone in Aincrad, I'd like to keep people who know my real name to a minimum."  He pressed the button on his menu and the pizza emerged, four pizza's and when the others looked at him he shrugged.  "I like to have leftovers.  Never know when I'll have them."  He sighed as the meeting was pretty much over and Kasier wanted to know more about Hikoru.  Itzal raised a hand.  "How about we take turns talking about ourselves?  Hikoru can go first, then Jonathan, myself, and Kasier."

Hikoru tensed up for a moment as Kaiser gave him a look of.. hatred almost. He could have read wrong, but he didn't like the look in her eye. She asked about his Crystal, and he gave a small sigh and sat back down. Sitting straight and feeling quite embarrassed about it overall. He should feel ashamed, but now it's come to something that's numbed, and he's forgiven himself and asked forgiveness to the man's brother, so he feels that things have simmered down in his mind and he didn't feel as guilty. He took in a deep breath, then looked directly at Kaiser

"I did not kill a player. Although I have an orange crystal, I never killed a living human being, But I did kill someone no doubt." He said, and as he was about to continue pizza sprang up out of nowhere. He was confused for a moment, then he took a slice and bit into it. It tasted a bit bland, but it was food nontheless. He swallowed the bit he had bitten off and sighed, regaining his composure. "I took the Arabian Nights quest with a friend of mine, a player who's name is Lowenthal." He said, remembering it well "I was very... Broken, at the time. My mind wasn't in the best shape. I had just lost two of my closest friends, and I wasn't handling it well. I got my sorrow out by killing creatures and such, but the quest said that I had to either return the brother to his, well, brother." He said, then made eye contact with everyone "Or kill him, and gather an item in which I have now." He said, and swiped his HUD open and put on his ring, taking off his amulet to wear it and held his hand up "It's a simple Demonic ring, but the enchants aren't anything to bark at. But at the time, it seemed worth it, so I finished him in one blow. I had not only almost lost one of my closest friends, but I lost my dignity, my pride..." He said, and looked down to regain composure from the thought of how Lowenthal looked. He breathed and looked up, no trace of emotion whatsoever "Therefore, I have been working to redeem myself in my own ways. I have fixed my mind and comes to terms with my friends deaths, and I made terms with the man's brother." He said with a small breath. "So all in all, I killed an NPC for a ring which wasn't worth my while. If I could trade it away I would, but it's bound to me, to always remind me my shame, and to remind me that even I, a person that's tried to stay as pure as I could, can break under enough pressure." He said with a small chuckle, and rubbed the back of his head with a small, sheepish smile. "I hoped that last part didn't sound boastful, it wasn't meant to." He said with a laugh.

Jonathan stood, as they began to think of going to get some food. Kasier, was always hungry it seemed. She seemed curious to know why Hikoru had an orange marker, and they could talk about it over some dinner. The sad thing was, Hikoru would not be able to go. Jonathan smiled at the man. Now we are going to stay here and discuss. Itzal opened his menu and brought out some pizza. Jonathan's eyes lit up like a candle in the darkest wood. He grinned mischievously. Jonathan had always adored pizza. As soon as he thought of grabbing a piece, Itzal said they should speak a little about themselves. Hikoru answered Kasier's question giving little about himself, other than he tried to stay pure, but under pressure he snaps. Jonathan looked down. What would happen if one of the died? Itzal died? Jonathan shook the thought out of his head and decided to speak about himself. My name is Jonathan", then he began to mutter off the words, If you haven't guessed that by now. He looked at his guild mates and spoke up then. Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern.  I was raised by my father, and my Father alone, who taught me everything I know, and told me my mother died of child birth with me. Jonathan's eyes dimmed and darkened as he talked about his father. We lived in a large Manor, out in the middle of nowhere. My Father wanted me to know only what he wanted. He taught me many things school would teach. Math, Science, History, technology and many other things. Then about twelve, he began to teach me about the strangest things. He taught me Latin, How to play the violin and piano, The human bodies weaknesses and pressure points, Taekwondoh, and how to use a firearm. I thought it was all normal. I still don't know what the purpose of it was. Jonathan began down if ashamed. Then my Father began to dissapear, about when I was fifteen. I spent most of my time, exploring the woods, and occasionally sneaking into places that I was not supposed to go. It was more difficult then you could imagine because the maids and servants were supposed to make sure I stayed out of certain areas. Jonathan's head tilted up. His eyes dark as he stared straight forward. The one day, I manged to get a good look around my father's room, and I found a box with her initials on it. C. M. Catherine Morgenstern. It was bunch of her jewelry, and a family ring, like the one I wore in the real world. It sparked in interest in my Mother, finding more about her. I moved on into my father's office, looking around when I found the strangest paper lying on the desk. It was a paper, with general location of my Mother. After a bit more researching, looking things up on my Father's computer, I found out here she lives. She lives in New York. I had a sister! Jonathan's voice began to rise, as he began to become angered. I confronted my father about it and he had no denial, instead he became hostile, coming back at me. After that, we began to stop speaking. I began to spend most of my time outdoors, in the woods, and one day when I returned I came back to the Nerve Gear on my bed, with an artical about it. My thought was not an attempt at sorry from my father. He is a cruel man, so I never thought about it. I thought of it as an escapeJonathan looked down. And that is the story of me.... Jonathan glared darkly at Kasier as he remembered the last time he was supposed to talk about himself. Was that good enough Kasier? Jonathan spoke quietly. 

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal listened to Hikoru's story and felt genuinely sorry for the player.  When the story ended Itzal placed a comforting hand on the player's shoulder.  "Well you have dignity here my friend.  I'll do whatever I can to help you get that green cursor back."  Then Jonathan spoke up and shared his complete full name, which surprised Itzal.  He didn't mean to go that deep into their stories but before he could say anything his friend began to talk in earnest, telling his entire history.  Itzal felt a little warm in his face as he realized he'd have to share his story too.....  Dang it he thought.  He never meant for it to be this deep or serious.  When Jonathan finished his story he made a curt comment to his girlfriend and gave her a dark look.  Itzal frowned and snapped his fingers in the air, gaining Jonathan's attention.  "First off, if you didn't really want to share you didn't have to.  I originally just meant sharing info about each other.  If you genuinely wanted to share all of that info I don't have a problem, but don't look at Kasier in that manner.  The past is the past and there is no reason for us to start getting angry and giving looks."  Itzal sighed.  This would be difficult if they couldn't have a decent and civil conversation with one another for just one freaking day.  "So as for your story Jonathan...  Well that explains a couple of questions that emerged during our travels.  I'm sorry to hear that about your father.  If you want I could help you find your mom and sister when we escape this game.  I may not have actual scouting skills but I'm amazing at a computer.  Well I kind of feel obligated to share my story now...  Seems fair, equivalent exchange.  You two don't have to of course, don't feel pressured.  Well for starters my name is Felix...........  Felix Arno.  I was born in America but for some reason my parents took a visit to Japan with me.  I don't know all of the details besides faint memories and what the police told me but essentially a man appeared and shot them both, took their belongings and ran away...  Without an ID or phone, or anything to find out who they were, I was too young to know them by anything other than mommy or daddy, they couldn't find out if I had relatives or where I lived in America.  One of the officers took pity on me and took me in.  I have an adopted father, mother, and younger sister waiting for me when I get out.  When I started public school I quickly discovered my love for gaming, computers, math, science, technology, engineering, languages...  Well that's when the bullying happened.  And when they found out that I was an adopted child their cruelty was added, so not only was I being nearly beaten to death multiple times, but they used their words to tear me apart.  I tried escaping them by climbing trees, but they soon practiced and learned how to do that too, forcing me to advance to more elaborate means of escape, leading to my skills as a parkourist.  Ever since the bullying started I've locked myself in my room and stayed away from anyone save for online gaming.  That's how I found the nerve gear and, well you know the rest."

@Kasier

Kasier looked at Jonathan and noticed that he was giving dark looks at her although she didn't know why he had given her such looks. She didn't know why the man had given her such looks because to her surprise, she had actually behaved quite well, or at least, in her opinion, participated in the meeting without expressing any rudeness to the fellow players. However, those looks that Jonathan had given her set her off. Still, she would wait for Jonathan to speak before giving him a share of her mind. She didn't really listen to the player's backgrounds anyway... Especially since she had noticed those dark looks. It wasn't only her who had noticed it as well. Immediately after Jonathan's speech, Itzal spoke out uncomfortably and defensively, telling Jonathan to not look at her in that manner. Still, it wasn't enough. It appeared that Jonathan had a resentment towards her for absolutely no reason and if there was a reason, she was not aware of it. Sure, Jonathan didn't exactly look the most beautiful of men but those looks were in no way a coincidence. After Itzal finished with his speech, in which Kasier had quietly stood there and listened carefully. Kasier looked at Jonathan. "I don't know why those looks were directed at me... I don't know what I have done to get those looks either. Your story was good enough indeed. It is unfortunate that I lost interest as soon as you gave me the first of those looks. Such wasted words... Actions speak louder than words. After that, I believe that the tension is simply too great for the meeting to continue. I do not know whether you guys think the same but I shall exit from the meeting. I can't participate with Jonathan hinting at me unfriendly messages."

Thread Complete

Everyone gets 100 Col and 1 SP