[PP-F4] Keep your Voice Down.... <<Avalanche>> (Hirru)

Hikoru breathed and appeared onto the fourth floor, and one of the coldest floors here. He shuddered for a moment, then breathed a sigh of relief as his <<Survival>> Skill came into affect, and his body was covered in warmth. He had gotten a hold of a lower-levelled player that he had seen on a few different floor raids, and he needed help and the player was the first to jump to his aid. He told him to meet him in the tavern, which he went to as soon as he had teleported, going in and the warmth of the fire enveloping his small frame. His <<Survival>> Skill de-activated and soon he felt the full heat, and was thankful. He went over to the bar and grabbed a drink of water and sipped it quietly, awaiting for the young player to appear before him. He knew that after this quest, he would have enough SP to become level 50, which was his end goal. He gave a small sigh and a smile as he finished his water in silence, happy at how far he had come in these short few months, jumping Sixteen levels in a short amount of time was something to be proud of, and although he knew Itzal, his Scout in his guild had jumped much more in an even shorter amount of time, he was still proud of himself nonetheless

@Hirru

The cold would only bite for a little bit, but it was enough to bring back some memories.  It had been some time since the hunter had been on the fourth floor.  He could barely remember the last time though, as it was during the dark haze before the Blood Oath took up his time.  Maybe, he would remember after a stiff drink from the tavern, but that would have to wait until after he helped out his client.  Could he call this one a 'client' even though he isn't getting paid for his services?  The hunter scratched his head, which disheveled his jade hair for a second, but it would go back to the same style, somehow.  He still didn't understand how that happened.

The hunter went to the designated meeting point, which was the local tavern.  Yet another place with fond memories.  Walking through the doors into the warm interior, the hunter felt that he was level eleven again.  When he met the original eight founders of the Crimson Blades.  His life seemed to turn around at that point.  Many things happened; both good and bad.  Though, they are the things that made the hunter what he is now.

His eyes were cast all around while getting the nostalgia in.  When his gaze finally fell upon the bar, the hunter would find this 'client' for the day.  His name was Hikoru, one of the Unique Skill users of Aincrad.  The hunter had only seen him a few times, but each one had him as a hardcore DPS.  It was a wonder that he even followed the hunter's guidance through the previous boss fight.

It would be only now that the hunter realized something.

"Hey, Hikoru!  You're jade!"

@Hikoru

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru finished his water as the green-haired player entered the room. He seemed confused, and his eyes gazed over the tavern, as he had either never been to this floor before, or was scanning the room for something. That's all that he could tell at the moment. But soon the player noticed that he was there and called out his name, then called him a "Jade." He was confused, and he didn't know what to make of it. He raised his eyebrow and set his glass of water on the side, awaiting for it to be re-filled again. He coughed and looked around to see a few pairs of eyes look his way, but as soon as he made eye contact they would look away. He gave a small sigh and looked back at the green-haired player

"Jade? What do you mean?" He asked curiously, grabbing back to his now filled cup, taking another small sip of the cool, refreshing water. It was probably gathered from outside, underneath the ice and snow to some well of some kind, where the water stayed cool, but not cold enough to freeze. This was the perfect place to get a drink of water, because of how cool it seemed to feel. He just shook his head at how much he had thought about the water, and came back to reality soon after. He breathed and took another sip, focusing on Hirru's next words as well as he could.

"Huh.. oh!"

The hunter looked around that the crowd of eyes that had focused on the two of them.  The hunter felt embarrassed by the sudden scene that he had made.  He quickly put his unarmored right hand through his hair and gave a little chuckle.

"Sorry folks!  Go back to your drinks."

He would say as he gave a large grin.  Most of the patrons went back to their drinks and lively talk.  Some others would continue to stare at the strange jade haired individual, until he approached his client.  The hunter had been wondering what had happened, as he was out of it during the boss meeting to even notice Hikoru's change.

"Sorry bout that, Hikoru.  I didn't notice that your crystal had changed to jade until now, and was a little surprised.  Congratulations!"

The hunter explained while pointing to his own crystal when talking about the 'jade'.  Though, it would also look like he's pointing at his hair, so maybe it wouldn't be that apparent.  The bartender would offer him a drink, but the hunter refused.  He was fine as it was.  He was more interested in what Hikoru was 

"So what is this mission going to entail?  The fourth floor only has three or so quests that I can name off the top of my head."

@Hikoru

• 4 weeks later...

Hikoru realized what he meant as he pointed to his hair, which also  had his green crystal above his head. It finally made sense, and he gave a small chuckle and a small sip of his drink. He had just recently done <<Redemption>> and he had turned green for hopefully the one and only time. He had no plan of killing any players or NPC's anytime soon, but he never knew what the future held for him, and he may be entitled to a tough decision.

"Yeah, it's kinda nice being able to come into town and get a nice drink..." He said with a small smile and took another sip. He breathed and opened his HUD, pixelating a map onto the bar and opening it to show the trail that they needed to go. He had the floor mapped quite easily, and he knew where the two of them needed to go, they just had to follow the map to get there quickly. He traced the black line on the map, and it glowed beneath his touch "We follow this route and fight a pretty low-levelled mini-boss. I can easily take it out. then I want to head back here for a nice cup of coffee and a talk if your up for it." He said with a small smile and took the final sip of his drink and set it on the counter upside down, rolling up the map and placing it in his pocket "Shall we be off?"

Glad to have that misunderstanding out of the way, the hunter leaned against the bar while listening to Hikoru.  Every so often, he would keep tabs on who was still making eye contact with them.

"That's fine by me."

The hunter would give a quick grin after Hikoru explained everything that they would be doing today.  With the slightly vague description, he could tell that the field boss was one of the lower leveled ones.  Either Avalanche or Essence, which ever it was they were heading to.  The hunter would be able to take it out, if Hikoru didn't shred them apart beforehand.  Though, that wouldn't be a problem either.  It's just a testament of how far the both of them have come since they started on the first floor.  Though, the hunter never knew Hikoru back then, he would be proud to have a drink and talk things out with him.  Especially after dealing with this floor.  Survival may keep you from dying from the cold, but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel weird.  The faster they get out of the cold, the better they would be.  

"I'm as ready as ever."

Hikoru nodded and stood, leaving a few col on the table as tip and made his way out the door, watching over his shoulder to make sure that his companion was behind him. He pulled out his map and soon started to follow the map to the outside of the town to where the Quest was to take place. Soon his <<Survival>> Activated and the bitter cold was soon replaced with the small warming hum of the ability. He gave a small sigh of relief and was happy with how easy this would be with his <<Survival>> ability to keep him warm. He yawned and made sure that Hirru was following, then soon stopped just a few meters from where the quest was. He turned to him and drew his Dagger, giving a small nod

"Alright, were here. Get ready.." He said, and waited a few moments before moving forward, waiting for the boss area to activate

It didn't take long for them to head out into the snow covered lands of the fourth floor.  The many memories continued to flood the hunters mind as they walked on.  He knew where they were going when they passed by a particular cave entrance.  This was the exact path that the quest Avalanche would provide the questing individual or party when they took it.  The hunter remembered his time with the ice monster.  It was a long and ridiculous battle, as the hunter kept loosing his footing and slipping on the ice.  In the end, he had to use that to his advantage to attack the frost field boss.  That was back in the beginning days of his hunting career.  Heck, he didn't even have Survival back then, nor any mitigation to keep one alive.  The hunter smiled while continuing to follow Hikoru.

It wasn't until Hikoru stopped before the bosses detection range did the hunter waver from his reminiscing.  Returning the nod, the hunter unsheathed Oath.

"I've got your back."

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru moved foward and soon the tall ice-giant appeared from the snow. He breathed and adjusted his glasses, charging forward and going to attack the creature. He was about to leap when his foot caught some ice, slip-sliding until he was right in front of a creature. It looked down at him, and raised a giant fist, hitting him in his side and knocking him miles away, landing in a pile of snow. Hikoru got up quickly, noticing the small tick of health taken from his bar

"Most i've taken in awhile..." He muttered with a small sigh. He looked over at the boss, then at Hirru, and held up his dagger. "Don't bother engaging! I can handle this, just stand back. His stats are much, much weaker than I remembered, so save your energy okay? We can grind on some creatures and get some Col and Materials after this." He said with a small chuckle and came to stand by him, making sure he wouldn't do something stupid

ID: 72060

BD: 1 (Miss)

BD: 10 Crit! (+2 Damage)

<Avalanche> Deals 42 Damage to Hikoru: 42-66 MIT= 1 Damage to Hikoru

Hikoru: 1,014/1,015 100/100

Hirru: ???/??? ??/??

<Avalanche>: 100/100

The hunter watched as Hikoru slipped and slid right into the attack of the bloody ice creature.  He sighed as he watched the antics starting to surface.  It was just like his old hunting days all over again.  Though, this time it was from the view of the other side of things.  The hunter wanted to laugh, but wanted to get into the action himself.  Instead, he was told to stay back and let Hikoru fight the boss himself.  Shrugging, the hunter looked towards Hikoru, but knew that he would be fine.  He was much stronger than most one handed weapon users, even without his Unique skill.

"Alright, I guess I'll... find something out here."

Even though he was asked to tag along for the boss, the hunter decided to go around the perimeter of the bosses detection range.  Somewhere within that range, the hunter would find some interesting fragments that could easily be used for some artisan somewhere.  

ID: 72061

LD: 12+4=16 +1 T1 Mat

Hikoru: 1,014/1,015 100/100

Hirru: 780/780 78/78

<Avalanche>: 100/100

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru watched as Hirru went and did his own thing, and he breathed out quietly and charged forward, avoiding the ice-slick he had been on earlier and struck the creature, stabbing multiple times until it pixelated in front of him, dropping a potion. He smiled and picked it up, checking the stats and gave a small chuckle

"Might need this in the future." He said, and pocketed it. He came over and looked at the player with a small smile. "So you gonna do that while I get some col from nearby mobs?" He asked with a small chuckle. "Also, I forgot to ask. Are you good with AoE? If so, please come and help me. My AoE Sword Art is rubbish." He said with another laugh. He looked around but couldn't see anything right off, but he knew that he didn't have his ring on, so it would probably be harder to find anything

ID: 72062

BD: 3+3=6 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x13=169 Damage to <Avalanche>

Hikoru: 1,014/1,015 89/100 (-11)

<Avalanche>: 0/100 ded

Before the hunter could find anything else, the battle was over.  The ice creature screeched before shattering into thousands of particles of light.  Looking at the ease of that fight, the hunter seemed to be glad that he fought the Avalanche when he did.  He didn't want it to be killed so easily, but they were much higher now.  To get stronger was their main goal, and any way to do that would be needed.

When approached, the hunter shrugged.  The amount of materials that could be found around here would be minuscule, and the variations would be just as limited to their typing.  The best they could do was gain a mass amount of cor, which the hunter had the items for.

"I don't think so.  I don't have the Gatherer skill, and these materials are basically useless to us.  Maybe, I'll just give them to a fledgling artisan or some sort."

When asked to help him with mobs, the hunter perked right up.  His sword, Oath, was still in his right hand, ready to fight.

"Now that, I can do.  One handed straight swords are fairly good all-'round"

Hikoru nodded and help up Yamkima, giving a small smile and placing it into a back-handed hold and motioned for him to follow. A Blizzard started to pick up, but he knew that both him and Hirru were protected from any of the damage that it would cause. He re-adjusted his glasses and wiped them off quickly from the snow sticking to them, and moved forward slowly, watching for any movement that could be found

"I'm not seeing anything... I think were still too close to the boss area to not have anything spawn. Lets move closer to town and see if we get any luck then." He said, yelling over the howling wind around them. Seeing his enemies would be a lot harder now, but he knew that he could easily defeat anything that would come in his way with Hirru on his side. He gave a low mumble, encouraging himself that he could do this as he lead the two of them into the blistering winds and snow

The hunter followed Hikoru to find any mobs that could be found nearby.  Most of them would not venture near the field bosses, for some reason, and would congregate more around the towns and fields that could easily be accessed by journeymen.  The blizzard that soon followed after their searching trip would give them even less visibility.  The hunter would have to use Reveal in an unconventional manner to see through the whirling ice that blanketed them.  Though, he always used Reveal in an unconventional manner.  His blue eyes would ting with yellow to make them appear green.

Scanning the area, the hunter would alert Hikoru as anything came up.  It wouldn't take long for something to come into his sights.  There were two or so figures in the distance.  He couldn't figure out what they were, but the crystals over their heads were pink.  This indicated that they were indeed mobs, though, rather weak ones.

"A couple figures in the distance.  Pink crystals.  Weak mobs.  Do you want to engage?"

Hikoru looked to where Hirru was pointing, and he gave a quiet nod, moving towards where it was. He moved closer until he could see the Mobs himself, and both of them were snowmen. They both turned to him, and he gave them a grim look. Their stats appeared, and he looked at Hirru with a worried glance. He was sure he would be fine, but he would need to be careful of their attacks. He breathed and raised his dagger. looking behind him and nodding

"Play it safe, but we are to engage and finish these immediently. If we get Col, we split it evenly." He said with a small nod. And he charged, striking the first snowman with his hit. He didn't get a crit, but his Bleed and Paralyze activated, and he gave a small smile as he backed away. he was lower on energy than he wanted to be, but he would have to work with what he had. He breathed and re-adjusted his glasses and played it safe, making sure to keep his guard up and keep his eyes on Hirru's health.

ID: 72063

BD: 8 (Bleed and Paralyze activate)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x13=169 Damage to Snowman 1

[H: 0] Hikoru: 1,015/1,015 79/100 

Hirru: ???/??? ??/??

Snowman 1: 339/508 DMG: 40 (Paralyzed next turn, 24 Bleed Damage for 2 turns)

Snowman 2: 508/508 DMG: 40

Hikoru had already slipped in and engaged one of the snowmen that the hunter had found.  He knew that Hikoru wouldn't draw any attention to himself, but that would leave the mobs attention focused towards the hunter.  He would give a snort towards their direction.  The heat from his breath freezing as it came out of him.  Lunging forward with blade glowing crimson, the hunter burst out to meet the second of the snowmen.  Three slashing strikes rang out before a thrusting attack propelled the hunter into the first snowman.  Three more strikes would fall on it before an uppercutting slash would bring Oath back into the second snowman.

"Don't worry about me.  These mobs can't hurt a fly."

The hunter would say as he back away a bit, but not much.  His armor would definitely be able to tank any of the damage that the creatures on this floor could dish out.  Field bosses were more of an issue.  Especially the Night King, if the hunter ever decided to run through that quest.

ID: 72271

BD: 10 , Crit +2

MD: 10, Crit +2

Hirru used Shadow explosion: 9x1=9x14=126 AOE Damage to Snowman 1 & 2

[H: 2] Hirru: 780/780 60/78 (-1 hp, -18 en)

Snowman 1: 213/508 DMG: 40 (Paralyzed next turn, 24 Bleed Damage for 2 turns)

Snowman 2: 382/508 DMG: 40 

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru breathed and stood quietly, awaiting Hirru to finish his move. Once he was done his AoE, he quickly moved forward, striking the snowman he had hit prior and using his strongest move once more, soon bringing it down to the red because of his bleed. He knew the bleed would finish off the snowman, and he just chuckled and looked at the second snowman now and raised his dagger with a small smile

"Alright, leave the first one for now, it'll be finished off my next turn." He said with a small smile. He breathed and give him a proud nod "Also, good damage for an AoE. Wish I had that firepower under my belt." He said with a small chuckle. He sighed and wished he had the SP to invest into his Unique Skill, but he needed to get his skills he already was working on done first before anything else. He just re-adjusted his glasses and prepared to attack if the beast still lived after Hirru's attack

ID: 72272

BD: 5+3=8 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x13=169 Damage to Snowman 1

[H: 2] Hirru: 779/780 60/78 (-1 hp, -18 en)

Snowman 1: 20/508 DMG: 40 (24 Bleed Damage for 1 turn)

Snowman 2: 382/508 DMG: 40 

"What's that?"

The hunter had already enacted a second Shadow Explosion after Hikoru performed his own sword art.  It was a routine that he had practice many times with Baldur, whenever they ventured together.  As the hunter had more luck based statistics, he could gain more from killing creatures than most others that he ventured with.  His reaction to a teammate getting something close to death was to always take the killing blow.  So, that's how that went.

The second snowman didn't have much luck on the hunter, as it tried to swipe at him.  The hunter needed to only sidestep away from the creature while rubbing the back of his head.  He wasn't in much danger around the weak mobs of the floor, so he could keep his attention off it for a bit.

"Sorry about that!  I'm sure that you would want me to kill it for my luck.  Hopefully, we get some good cor out of it."

ID: 72328

BD: 8+2=8 Hit!

LD: 18+4= 22 (+1 t1 Mat & 5080 Col)

MD: 6-1=5 Miss

Hirru used Shadow Explosion: 9x12= 108 AOE dmg

[H: 0] @Hikoru: 1,015/1,015 79/100 

[H: 3] Hirru: 779/780 42/78 (-18 en)

Snowman 1: 0/508 DMG: 40 [+1 T1 Mat]

Snowman 2: 274/508 DMG: 40 

Edited by Hirru

Hikoru charged forward and attacked the creature right after Hirru had done his AoE, hitting the snowman in his weak spot as the word <CRITICAL> appeared before his eyes. He gave a small chuckle as soon Bleed and Paralysis overtook his enemy, and he laughed as this happened. The enemy was caught in a corner, and he couldn't even move. He looked at Hirru and gave him a small nod, smiling happily and giving a small sigh

"Alright, finish it off and hopefully get some more Col. Let's see how lucky we get." He said with a small smile and waited to see what would happen. Things had gone on smoothly all day, besides his little slip up when they first went to the quest boss. But they had quickly turned that around and finished it, then came across these snowmen and had easily finished them off as well. He sighed happily and awaited Hirru to finish off what little health was left on the snowman, then make his way home.

ID: 72366

BD: 10 (+2 Damage, Bleed and Paralysis Activate)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x15= 195 Damage to Snowman 2

[H: 1] Hikoru: 1,015/1,015 69/100 (+1/-11)

[H: 3] Hirru: 779/780 42/78

Snowman 1: 0/508 DMG: 40 [+1 T1 Mat]

Snowman 2: 79/508 DMG: 40 (Paralysis next turn, 24 Bleed on Hikoru's turn for 2 turns)

Following closely behind Hikoru's recommendations, the hunter quickly jumped into the air with Oath glowing a vibrant violet.  With a corkscrew from midair, his body would make an arc in the air before plunging the blade downwards.  The snowman would not be able to escape, and was skewered by the plunging attack.  After the creature had finally shattered into the iconic light that followed death in this world, the hunter would check the area again before sheathing Oath.  He raised his arms together and began to stretch his arms and back.  It would be around that time that the loot window would show the total treasure that was acquired from those two mobs.

"That's not bad.  Could be better, but I can't complain too much."

The hunter shrugged while walking over to Hikoru.  The snowstorm was still passing through, but that wouldn't be a problem for the hunter.  His Reveal was already on, and would be able to discern the correct path for them to travel through.

ID: 72368

BD: 6+2=8, Hit

LD: 14+4=18, 2540 Col (508x5)

Hirru used Lightning Fall: 1x7=7x12= 84 Damage to Snowman 2

[H: 1] @Hikoru: 1,015/1,015 69/100

[H: 4] Hirru: 779/780 36/78 (+1/-7)

Snowman 2: 0/508 DMG: 40 [+1 T1 Mat]

Total Treasure
7620 Col
3 T1 Mats

Edited by Hirru