(PP-F1) The need for Tanks (Celestial Ascendants Paladins and Khrysaor)

Jonathan stood on the first floor in the center of town. Surprisingly there was not that many people out today. They were probably checking out another floor, or all hiding in an inn or something. He was here for a reason today. After the meeting for the boss fight, Hikoru said he found a player that had shown up to observe that could possibly be a good fit for the roll of Tank. Jonathan had smiled at that idea, and acted upon it with the consent from the other Paladins. He opened his menu and sent Khrysaor a message. 

To: Khysaor

From Morgenstern

Body:

After a bit of talking, The Celestial Ascendants think you would be a great member of our guild. The frontlines are currently in need of as many tanks as possible, and it would be great to have you being trained to be up there soon. Meet me in Town square on floor one. We can talk more there and you, I and the other Paladins can have a good discussion and meet eachother. Thanks!

Jonathan closed his message. He would give the man a minute head start or so to show up. It really is great that someone was able to find a good tank. According to quite a few players that I have talked to, the frontlines need as many Tanks as possible, and they have very few. The Frontline is a glass cannon. Jonathan sighed and opened up his HUd, sending a message to all of the other Paladins. 

To: Hikoru, Kasier, Itzal

Body:

Hey! Remember that Tank player we talked about? You said we needed to all meet him before initiation, so I have scheduled for him to meet up with us on the first floor in the town square of the Starting City. If you are not busy, then please come on over. We will get to know this player a bit more. 

Jonathan closed his messenger and sighed. He sat on the fountain and waited for the others to arrive. He wore his White and Gold Jacket, that allowed him to find loot easier, and on his legs were blue jeans, then finished with White tennis shoes. This was his casual wear, and this was just a get together and meet another guy. Not really all that formal. 

@Itzal @Hikoru @Kasier @Khrysaor

Edited by Morgenstern

Khrysaor was lounging about on the first floor just outside of the starting city on a small hill, and under the shade of a tree. He was enjoying the little free time he had watching the clouds drift by, when he got a PM. He opened it up and took a moment to read through the content, and afterwards he got an interested look on his face. He took a few minutes to organize his thoughts and come to a conclusion on if he wanted to join the guild or not. He was thinking, 'Sounds like an interesting offer, I did just leave my old guild not too long ago. I am in need to look for another, maybe, this is a good chance. I will meet and see if this guild is good.' With that thought, Khrysaor got up from his position on the ground and dusted himself off. He went back to his HUD to send a reply back to Morgenstern, which said,

To: Morgenstern

From Khrysaor

Body:

Thank you for the offer! I am interested in this offer you and the other paladins of the Celestial Ascendants sent me. I would love to join you and the others, and should be there in 15 minutes or so. See ya, then.

Khrysaor slowly made his way back into the town of beginnings and went into his inventory menu to unequip his combat gear and into some normal wear for the meeting. Afterwards, his started to speed up to get to the center of the town faster. Once there, he looked around to see if he could find Morgenstern or any of the other paladins. He sighed thinking he had no clue who the other paladins were, or how Morgenstern looked, so his search would be futile. He sent Morgenstern another message,

To: Morgenstern

From Khrysaor

Body:

Ummm, sorry about this, but I have made it to the plaza of where you are waiting but I don't know who I am looking for. Could you please somehow indicate your location?

With that sent, Khrysaor again closed his menu and waited for another message or some signal.

Jonathan sat on the fountain waiting. No one had shown up yet. Not even the Paladin's and he had expected them to be faster to show up. I mean, they were the reason that they could not go straight to initiation. He sighed when he heard a Ping. It was from Khrysaor. He was not able to find him. Jonathan smiled, if he was here and did not see him, then he must have been on the other side of the fountain. Jonathan stood, brushing off his jacket and moved around the fountain, seeing another player, looking around. Hello there! Jonathan walked quickly but faltered when he got close. You must be Khrysaor, nice to meet you. I am Jonathan, The Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants. You should know me by Morgenstern. Jonathan stopped there with a smile. None of the other paladins have shown up yet, so you were not in any rush. Itzal has been busy lately, and Hikoru is probably in the field. Jonathan did not mention that Kasier probably did not want to see him, but guild events still needed to be done. 

Khrysaor had been waiting for a few minutes still trying to look for his future leader/guild member, when some movement around the fountain caught his attention. He saw yellow haired player coming from around the fountain which was situated within the center of the plaza, who addressed him.

Khrysaor waited as the player now dubbed Morgenstern/Jonathan introduced himself and explained why the others haven't shown up yet. Khrysaor had a big smile on his face and said, "It's a pleasure to meet a fellow tank, especially since there are so few of us in this death game. My name is Khrysaor as you already know that, but you can call me Khry for short if you would like, a lot of other players have adopted that nickname for me."

Then Khrysaor brought his hand out for Jonathan to shake, while he continued saying, "What name do you usually go by, Jonathan or Morgenstern? Its okay, I did not really rush to get here. I wasn't really all that busy to be honest and was pretty close by. I can understand why some of the others haven't gotten here yet, a lot of players in Aincrad are busy doing one thing or another, so its understandable."

When Itzal received the message he was just about to have some food from home, or Japan.  He was holding the food in front of his mouth when the ping came up.  He read it and nodded, deciding to eat his food quickly and head out.  He paid for his meal and when he spotted the thick crowds he scaled the building real quickly.  When he reached the top he scanned the area to recall exactly where he was.  When he got a good idea he turned to where the plaza would be and began making his way over there in a straight line, leaping across beams and roofs, crossing streets by running on archways.  Soon enough he was at the plaza.  As he ran to the edge of the rooftop he leaped off, the crowd seeing him below and made way for his landing.  When he landed and rolled, nobody was exactly surprised.  He did this stuff a lot.  He used his detect mod and spotted the two instantly waving and walking over.  He smiled when he reached them.  "Hey Jonathan!  And you must be....  Hey how do you pronounce that?"

It was just like a routine for Kasier to be late. She had been late to her date with Felix a couple of days ago and now she would be late here. However, the reason behind the lateness is different. Last time that she was late to something, it was because she over prepared. This time that she was late would be due to the fact that she is completely uninterested. Sure, she felt quite guilty for showing such little interest but the recruitment of this man would make her the only paladin in the guild to be lacking of an apprentice. Although she didn't mind that either. If she was going to be honest, the true reason that she didn't want to come was due to the fact that Jonathan was there. The last time that the two had been in one location did not end well, with her speeding away in frustration at the difficult looks that he was giving her as he told of his history. Those looks were not something that she want from another paladin, in fact, it was quite the symbol of disrespect if she would say so herself. Nevertheless, what has been done has been done, and be it her fault or Jonathan's fault, there has been a spark of drama that might not be resolved for quite some time from now.

Kasier arrived at the scene to see Felix, Jonathan, and some black-haired man. Possibly the new potential recruit. He doesn't look that bad. She thought. Looks just a bit depressed. But who isn't depressed in this game now. She thought to herself, rolling her eyes and walking up to the group. "Hey Itzal." She said with a warm smile. "Jonathan." She acknowledged with a small fake nod before looking at the new man. "My name is Kasier, healer paladin of the Celestial Ascendants. Your name is?" She asked.

Jonathan stood with Khry. Answering a few questions that the man had. I go by Jonathan. At least if I want you to me, and since you're going to be my first apprentice I very much wish for you too know me. Jonathan turned his head as he heard a voice. Itzal's. Jonathan smiled and gave a slight wave. Hello Itzal! This is the Tank I talked about. His name is Khrysaor, although he is cool with being called Khry. Jonathan stood smiling. There was only two more Paladins too show up, but he was cool if only Hikoru showed up. He was not happy with Kasier for.... He heard the voice of her. Jonathan turned meeting a very familiar face, but with very different colored hair. It was much lighter. Jonathan grunted. Kasier. He said with a faint smile. He had a lot of many mixed feelings about her. He used to feel like she was the answer to his missing sister. He was wrong, at first like an angel, but then she showed him the devil pretty much. They had not really gotten along. She stormed off at their guild meeting. That meeting was the reason she had to come here in the first place. Khrysaor. This is our Healing Paladin, Kasier. Kasier, this is going to be our new tank initiate. He looked at her for a second before leaning forward, bringing him close to her ear. There he whispered, "I believe we need to talk after this. Something needs to change. Only the woman should have been able to hear it, but Itzal might have with his skills allowing him to hear more than normal. 

Before the player could respond Jonathan answered for him.  Itzal smiled.  "Is that so?  Well nice to meet you Khry!  I'm Itzal if you haven't figured that out."  He laughed lightly as Kasier arrived.  Itzal smiled as she approached and nodded with a warm smile of his own.  "Hey Kasier!  How've you been?"  When she replied to Jonathan however there was something different.  And when Jonathan grunted Itzal looked at the both of them with a frown.  That's right, the meeting had gone sour.  He sighed and decided he needed to set up a separate meeting for them to talk their issues out.  After he introduced Kasier he leaned in and tried to whisper something but being focused completely on Jonathan, especially when he was whispering to his girlfriend, he heard what he said.  He cleared his throat, gaining Jonathan's attention.  "We will talk about this later.  Right now let's focus on Khry shall we?  So Khry, can you tell us about yourself?"

@Khrysaor

Khrysaor listened to Johnathan as he said what he would be preferred to be called. "Alright, Johnathan it is. It is very nice to meet you, and I would also like to get to know you." said Khrysaor enthusiastically. Afterwards, Khrysaor got lost in his thoughts, 'Hmmm, so far Johnathan is a pretty good guy. I wonder what the rest of the guild members are like, and if they all have similar personalities then it would not be a bad idea for me to join the guild. The atmosphere of the guild would suit me well.'

He was so lost in his thoughts that he did not notice another player was talking to him, at least until Johnathan introduced him, which helped to snap him out of his thoughts. Though when he was about to speak up, another player showed up, and introduced herself as Kasier.

Khrysaor had a slightly confused expression on his face when he observed the silent looks that were being exchanged between the others, especially when it started with Kasier showing up. The atmosphere got a little heavier, and Khrysaor could only assume that some alteration occurred between Johnathan and Kasier.

He decided he wanted to try to break the tension so he said, "Hi, Itzal and Kasier, as you guys can already guess my name is Khrysaor, you can call me Khry for short." Then, Khrysaor looked to Itzal, who had asked for him to give them a little information about himself, and thought, 'Well, this is a drag, I am not too great with introductions. I am not sure what they want to know.'  thought Khrysaor. So with that, he put his hand behind his the back of his head and nervously laughed, embarrassed that he did not know what to say, he asked, "Umm... what exactly would you guys like to know about me? I am not that great with talking about myself."

"I don't know. Just make sure that you don't say anything about your past. It seems that the subject of telling each other our pasts bring dark stares and conflicts. Now, we surely don't want that. I guess, maybe your stats? Your skills? What have you been doing in this game so far?" She asked, ignoring Jonathan completely except to give him a look that she acknowledged that they will have this settled later. "I don't know. Since he's your apprentice, shouldn't you be the person telling him what to do?" Kasier said, turning to Jonathan. It wasn't like Kasier disliked the man, however, it seemed that each day, their relationship as guild mates seemed to worsen and naturally, Kasier did not like those who did not like her. That was how she is, her sass reached beyond comprehendible measures. And that was who she is, her stubbornness and ugliness transformed to beauty. Indeed, there is nothing that can change this part about her, not even Felix. Kasier sighed, she knew that she was to focus solely on the new guild member... However, there was a strong invisible tension cloud within the group. It might not be as hard for Kasier and Jonathan to deal with the situation, however, Itzal was one her boyfriend as well as one of the best friends of Jonathan. She couldn't imagine being in his shoes. It would be like a civil war. "Don't be afraid to share some things about yourself. Don't worry about it, our guild is like a family." Kasier finished, saying the last part with a bit of hidden humor directed towards a certain someone. She couldn't help it. Kasier looked down and grabbed onto Itzal's hand before mouthing the word, sorry. For her attitude.

Edited by Kasier

Jonathan watched as his to be-apprentice introducing himself and making himself familiar with the other paladins. I really am not surprised that Hikoru is not here yet. He usually does not show up or late, but he has his own things to worry about on the frontlines. Jonathan shrugged and noticed Kasier was talking to him. I don't know. Since he's your apprentice, shouldn't you be the person telling him what to do? Jonathan stared at her for a second, and then returned his attention to Khrysaor. She was right, it was his apprentice. He should have the questions. Problem was, this was the first time they had done this, and this was his first apprentice. "It is okay that you are not that best at introductions, but I do have a few questions. Kasier was on a good track. So far, what are your skills at the moment, and how to you plan to develop them further?" Jonathan let that question sink in before continuing with, "Also, I know that we requested you, but what is your interest in the guild, and how do you plan to improve it and yourself? The last question was a bit tougher, but it was a pretty decent question. The only good way to improve the guild i to improve yourself pretty much. 

@Khrysaor @Itzal

Khrysaor could tell that the tension was still in the air, but at least he could respect the way the others were trying to control there emotions and get on with the little meeting. He still wondered what must have happened previously within the guild but knew it wouldn't be too appropriate for him to ask them about it, since he did not know them properly yet.

After those thoughts, Khrysaor listened very closely to what Kasier and Johnathan wanted him to talk about. After, they finished, Khrysaor said, "Alright now that makes things easier. So far I am at level 22, with 440 HP, as you guys already know I am going for more of a tank build, so I have centered most of my time building my skills around heavy armor and the block skills. Since, I feel like I am pretty high in my defense now I am trying to focus more on bringing my offense up with some of the more offensive skills, and I would basically like a balance between the two."

After that spiel Khrysaor took a few moments to recollect himself, and focus more of his thoughts on how he wanted to answer Johnathan's questions. He then continued on saying, "I actually used to be in another guild before this, and we were hoping to becoming a front liner guild in addition to helping some of the other low leveled players make there way up there as well. We just formed one, but then my other guild mates didn't seem to be interested in continuing or had become too busy to focus on the guild activities and everything just fell apart. So, I am pretty interested in joining another guild, but I kinda wanted some information on this guild, since I don't really have much to go on."

This is where Itzal stepped forward.  "The main purpose of the guild is to help lower leveled players to get stronger and reach the front lines faster.  Any member who's strong enough to join without too much risk can help the front lines.  There are four paladins for the four builds, and then there's sentinels who have passed the apprenticeship phase.  However their training isn't over at that point.  Not only do they need to continue to train to keep up with everyone, but they also need to get an apprentice of their own at some point.  I found that you learn just as much by teaching.  We also plan on going on guild missions and quests, raiding dungeons together and such.  And we'll also have group training sessions to help teach all the builds how to properly work together.  It seems a few of our guild already has communication issues so we'll be working on that.  However I had one more question to ask you Khry.  And I'd appreciate it if you were honest with me.  Do you think that killing another player is justifiable in any way and why?"

@Khrysaor

What is happening to me. She thought, shaking her head. Itzal had barely acknowledged her previous actions, including her contact with his hand. It wasn't his fault. She wasn't someone who would usually do such a thing in public. Something is off about today, and she was well aware of it. However, the situation wasn't going to be better. In fact, the tension would probably get heavier and heavier each second that she remained. She was a magnet... A magnet for trouble. Perhaps she, herself is the goddess of trouble, not the goddess of healing. The kindness in her heart seemed to drain away slowly each day, leaving behind an occasional glimpse of who she used to be. Kasier looked at Jonathan as he blurted out some questions and soon, the man answered with completely matureness and no sense of humor. Seems like a serious man. He can probably get the job done if anyone asks him to do something. She thought. It was time for her to go. For her to remain would only cause more troubles and hence, that is what she shall do to escape any more trouble involving her. "Ok, time has come for me to leave. Perhaps we will meet again soon," Kasier said, looking at Khrysaor. The man seemed like he would be willing to go on guild quests and raids in order to improve his stats and skills. However, what can he do for this guild? That is the real question. "I'll see you later as well, Itzal." She said, not looking at him directly in fear that he might detect guilt within her eyes. Then, she looked at Jonathan, debating whether to bid him farewell as well but soon decided against it and turned around to leave. "By the way, if you guys need me to accept him as a guild member, consider it done." She finished, walking away under the blue sky.

Jonathan listened to the man's answers which included he was shooting for tank, but was also trying to remain between balance between the two. Jonathan thought of that. He originally had the same idea. It is okay to have a solid damage output, but I recommend only going to Rank three in weapon. Then GrandMaster Armor and Block and get their mods. One more question.... Do you have Howl yet? It is quite essential for a tank to have, or else it goes off luck. Jonathan shut up about his questions and alowed Itzal to bring in his input. He introduced what the guild was about and like, along with a question. His input on player killing. Jonathan rolled his eyes. Itzal was very protective idea, which was pretty good. Jonathan glanced at Khrysaor. Itzal was supportive of the idea only protecting yourself or someone else from death. Jonathan's mind faded to Beat. He had apparently killed someone recently, and now he was "busy" doing stuff. He had not been seen recently so apparently he had been taking it quite hard. 

Khrysaor had listened to Itzal speak about the guild and he thought it seems like a good and active guild unlike his old one, with good ideals in place. Khrysaor liked the mentor/apprentice system a lot, and he thought after he got his training over with, he wouldn't mind teaching others his skills to boost up their levels. When Utzal came to his last question was when Khrysaor got stumped, and had to take some time to think about how he was going to answer that question.

He thought, 'Troublesome, I don't really like to talk about this subject but it looks like I have no other choice.' Khrysaor turned to the group with a serious face indicating, that with the topic being discussed was going to be no laughing matter for him.

He replied, "I really don't like player killers at all, and especially hate that there are players in this death game we are stuck in, who want to kill others, and know what they are actually doing to others is actually killing them IRL. Even though I don't like player killers, there will be only one way I will stick up for any of them would be if and only if they had a very, very good reason for what they did. The only way I see killing in general as ok, would be when either the person was trying to protect themselves from the other person in self defense. I would still try to get them incapacitated and captured first, but if it comes down to it and there is no easy way to capture them then it would be alright to kill. Well, I think that's all I have to say on the subject for now, unless I remember something I may have forgotten."

Itzal watched and listened as Kasier told them she needed to leave and he was wondering why.  Was it related to the tension between the two?  When he saw her avoid eye contact he was guessing so.  This was getting ridiculous he thought.  However he'd need to handle this later.  Itzal waved bye to her.  "See you later Kasier!" With that he turned quick enough to see Jonathan roll his eyes and he narrowed his own with a question inside them towards Jonathan:  'What's wrong with my concern?'  He turned to listen to the new player and as he listened he closed his eyes and nodded.  "Then you see the world as I do.  It's not worth losing your own soul along with those who delved into it.  If things get bad and we have no choice but to kill then that's the only way we can do it.  Otherwise we take any positive alternative.  In this world it's easy to lose sight of what's wrong or right, or think that we're justified in killing killers.  But when you bully a bully you become one yourself, whether you admit it or not.  The same principle applies to this world, save for self defense as that is the only justification.  Nobody should just hand their life over, nor someone else's if they can help it."

@Morgenstern @Khrysaor

Jonathan listened in carefully on Khrysaor's answer and smiled as the man did. The man had perfectly said what Itzal was looking for. He knew it before the man said something. It appeared Itzal had earlier noticed is eyeroll and asked him the simple questions of what was wrong with him asking it. Nothing... It is a good question, I rolled my eyes because i know how much attention you pay to it. Itzal seemed to agree with the the tank initiate. Jonathan smiled before realizing hat he had to ask another final question. Jonathan thought for a second, before deciding to hurry up this meeting. The man needed to be initiated. I believe Khrysaor is a fine man, that shows promise in wanting to cooperate and better himself. My vote goes to accepting this man. Now Khrysaor, do you have any questions for us? We are willing to answer anything reasonable. He smiled to him. He had no doubt the Itzal would accept him as well. The only thing was, is that Hikoru did not show up. Jonathan sighed. The man needed to come out of the shadows a bit more often. The man was in a guild now that was based on activity, no place for staying in the dark. 

Khrysaor had listened to what Itzal continued on saying from where he left off, and nodded at all the things Itzal talked about with player killing. He couldn't agree more, with what he heard, and thought, 'We are very alike in that aspect. That is actually good to hear and it seems like I am getting more interested in joining the guild, and I like where things are headed.'

Khrysaor then heard Johnathan speak and smiled slightly when Johnathan thought he would make a good addition to their team. He hoped that he would be able to make significant contributions to guild he decided on joining, and as he heard Johnathan ask him if he had any questions for them. He responded by a small shake of his head and said, "At the moment, I don't really have anything to ask, but at a later point in time I might have a few questions, and at that point I will ask them." Khrysaor continued on by saying with a small laugh, "I usually take some time to process all the information and when that is done I can figure out if I haven't anything to ask if I have doubts, well that is what usually happens anyways."

@Morgenstern @Itzal

Edited by Khrysaor
  • 2 weeks later...

Itzal liked this guy.  He was intelligent, a quick learner, and had a strong moral compass.  That was something very needed in a world such as this.  He nodded.  "I think you'll be an excellent member to the guild Khry.  Jonathan will handle your initiation since he's your paladin, unless he's busy of course, but I have no doubt you'll be added.  Thus I'll go ahead and say it:  Welcome to the family friend."  He gave him a warming smile and thought for a moment.  The guild had been increasing in numbers and members rather quickly.  He knew since they were looking for players so much that this would happen but it was still faster than he had expected.  Still there wasn't anything wrong with that.  With it being official that Khry was joining them, Itzal nodded to Jonathan.  "Thanks for inviting me for this.  I've got a couple of other things I need to do before the day is up so I'll take my leave now.  I'll see you soon Jonathan, ok?"  With that Itzal rushed up to a nearby building and scaled it, traveling by rooftop to avoid the busy streets below, making his way over to the teleporting pad.

@Morgenstern