(PP-F7) It's a Smol Snek [Baldur] (Case of Wurms)

Jonathan stood in the town of Rig on the seventh floor. He was still trying to gain levels quickly for the frontlines, so he was doing as many quests as possible to try to get there, with as little breaks as possible. Most of the breaks were for guild purposes only though. There was a quest outside of this town, in which there was a twoheaded serpent that moved in the sand and sprung out and attacked players. Jonathan smiled. He was confident he could do this, with his tanking abilities. He was working them only as he needed to be able to tank bosses and soon. His guild had told him what the boss was this floor was and they would probably need him by the end of two weeks. It was about seven or eight days from that. He had only gained two levels since those few days had passed. He still needed about fifty skill points til he was ready. How am I supposed to get enough SP that quick to tank the boss in a week? Jonathan sighed and began to eat some bread for breakfast. His blond spikey hair rustled in the slight breeze and his green eyes remained to the ground. He adorned his White and Gold Jacket and some Jeans, with White shoes supporting his feet. Why did Itzal have to get busy when I need his help more than ever now? 

@Baldur

Edited by Morgenstern

Baldur, dressed in his blue and red samurai garb and his katana at his side, was wandering back into the settlement known as Rig. It was one of his less favorite places. Who suspended a city above a volcano and made it out of metal? Someone who didn't want people to visit his city was the most likely answer, and someone who enjoyed such an extreme amount of heat. This was almost as opposite to Baldur's favorite floor, the fourth floor, as one could get.

It was then that he noticed someone who looked vaguely familiar to him, but he couldn't seem to place a name with the face. Approaching the other player, Baldur waved and called out a greeting to him.

"Ohayo! I am Baldur. Please forgive me though, you look familiar but I can't place your name. I remember seeing you duel Itzal a while back at failed dance party and tournament. Are you a tank, by chance?"

As Jonathan shoved his last bite of bread in his mouth, he heard a voice, seeming to be directed at him. Jonathan turned, noticing a slightly taller than him, man adorning a blue and red garb. He had a katana at his side and was smiling. Oh. Hello there! Jonathan said with a smile. He seemed to be kind and humble with his words, but it was far to early to know exactly for sure. Jonathan's eyes widened as he looked at this player. This is definitely a frontliner. I believe I have seen him before as I was passing through, but I can not remember exactly where. The man introduced himself as Baldur and remembered him dueling with Itzal. Where was I.... Oh.  Jonathan refocused on remembering the date. It was the party. Oh. You know Itzal? Never mind you are the Samurai of the frontliners. Itzal was at the meeting. The man must have had a great recollection because he asked if he was a tank. Jonathan's eyes widened and he refocused on the man again. Why yes, I do happen to be a tank. Working on getting my tanking skills up right now. Jonathan shut his mouth then. He wondered if that would be the end of the conversation. 

"Yes, I helped Itzal out when he was considerably lower level. That boy has drive to see how far he's come in such a short amount of time." Baldur smiled at the memory of seeing Itzal and grown up into a guild leader and shown up for his first meeting for a raid. He really had exploded in growth for such a short amount of time. Slowly, Baldur's blue eyes focused back on the young man in front of him. He was, indeed, a tank. That was just what they were looking for. And, judging by the quality of his equipment, he was in the tier 2 phase. That would be a great point to launch from.

"Working on your tanking skills? Excellent! We're severely short on reliable tanks right now. I am glad to see that we have someone up and coming."

Baldur rested his left hand on the handle of the katana in a casual, non-threatening way, as if he was used to having it always there at his side.

"Are you here working on a quest? I have finished what I came here to do, but if you're looking to become a tank I would love to work with you."

Jonathan stood, speaking with the man. He backed what Itzal and Hikoru said about needing tanks. Jonathan smiled, and said, Trust me, I will not let anyone down. I am looking to be at least the second best tank, because I head the only Tank unique skill is already owned by the best. The blond tank looked over seeing the man resting his hand on the hilt of his katana casually. He appeared to know a lot about it, probably grandmastered it already. "Are you here working on a quest? I have finished what I came here to do, but if you're looking to become a tank I would love to work with you." Jonathan smiled as a few words came into his mind. I will accept your help, but you can tank and I will deal the damage. Jonathan smiled but could not take it, beginning to crack up.Just kidding, I will tank, I can't do anything else right. Jonathan looked at Baldur. He seemed to be a nice guy with good intentions. He actually seemed quite strong. Probably one of the better frontliners. It was quite nice of him to come out and help him. He was getting close to being able to join boss fights. A bit more, and he would be able to Grandmaster block. Then he would grandmaster the Heavy Armor and Battle Healing. 

Baldur smiled when the man said that he would join and work with them. When he had said that Baldur would need to tank, Baldur just took him at face value. His level would allow him to tank quite well on this floor, but then the man's grin gave away his game and Baldur gave a slightly laugh. It was a deep sound, something from the heart and his smile touched his eyes.

"Do you have the <<Howl>> skill already? If not, I guess we'll just let hate be our guide."

He turned to face the way he had just come from, and loosened the katana in his scabbard. it was a useless gesture; the game didn't have anything that might keep the sword locked away as it took over his movements, but it was a habit which was hard to break. He had been used to carrying around a sword in the real world, and those habits continued here.

"What quest are you looking for? I think the main one on this floor is Case of Wurms."

Jonathan looked to the Samurai he realized he was just joking. "Do you have the <<Howl>> skill already? If not, I guess we'll just let hate be our guide." Jonathan smiled. I do have the <<Howl>> Skill. It works pretty well. After I have maxed out block and at least got to rank three Heavy Armor, I will be getting focused howl. Right now I am worrying about getting my mitigation up, as it is most important. Jonathan laughed and then watched as Baldur turned to the way that he had come. The quest I am looking for? The Case of Wurms is what I have come to finish. I need as much SP as I can get. Jonathan moved to his inventory and equipped his armor. His body was covered in Silvery heavy armor. His eyes were covered in transparent gold they gleamed brightly. On his side, was a silver kite shield with the sun of the Celestial Ascendants in the center. Finally on his back was his tier one golden sword. He would have his tier two sword in a couple days or so. I am ready when you are my friend. Jonathan voice was deeper and more dignified now that he wore his armor. 

IMG of armor and description of shield and sword in sig spoiler.

OOC-  Joining upon invite

Itzal was busy scouting the mountainous floor for a while now.  For the first while he had been scouting the shadow realm that he and Jonathan had found and eventually fully mapped it out.  With that taken care of he was continuing to scout out the rest of the map.  A few weeks ago he met up with Grave after two long months.  Apparently Grave hadn't leveled up once since their last encounter while Itzal had grinded harder than most other players.  He might have fallen apart if Kasier didn't help him slow down from time to time.  As he scanned the area his detection mod went off and he scanned the area for players, npcs or mobs.  He spotted two figures in the distance and began making his way over the mountain to the two.  As he drew closer he smiled as he spotted two familiar faces.  He leaped from the short cliff, landed on the ground, rolled and stood as if it was like walking for him and walked over to the two, waving his hand.  "Jonathan!  Baldur!  How are you two doing?  And may I ask why your on this floor?"

@Baldur @Morgenstern

"Itzal!" Baldur said with a smile when the junior player approached.

"We were just talking about you. I was remembering your duel with..." Baldur hestiated. Itzal had just called the man by the name Jonathan, but with a quick glance up at the corner of his eye to the party menu, Baldur saw that the name was Morgenstern, and Baldur realized that the young man had not introduced himself. "... with Morgenstern here. I told him we needed more tanks for the front line and offered to help him with some quests. But now that we have an up and coming scout, perhaps we can kick this up a notch."

He smiled at the two.

"Why don't we go and take on this quest of yours, and I believe with a scout on hand, we should be able to find a dungeon once we've felled the two-headed beast. Just make sure, if you're not able to absorb the blow of the creature's lightning, that you have a safeguard on hand. I cut it a little too close last time I helped someone out with this quest."

He swiped at the air with his hand again and pulled up the menu, sending a party invite to Itzal.

"Morgan, why don't you share the quest with the both of us. It's repeatable, so we can get the consumable for the quest as well. It's actually quite useful."

@Itzal @Morgenstern

Jonathan turned as he heard a vioce behind him. This was a voice he heard nearly every day. Jonathan turned with a smile, and seen Itzal. Hey Itzal!. The blond smiled and Bldur greeted him as well, making it just one small happy reunion. Baldur explained what was going on but paused as he said Morgenstern.... Jonathan rubbed the back of his head. Soory. Kinda forgot the most important part of meeting someone new. My name is Jonathan. Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants at your service. Jonathan made a little bow but then cracked up. With a mall chuckle he looked over to Itzal. Perhaps care to join us for a quest Itzal? Perhaps we could find a dungeon or something afterward then. Jonathan listened as Baldur spoke about the quest, a bit incorrectly. Err... Baldur. The creature we are hunting does not have lightning. It has poison. Jonathan laughed. He probably was thinking of the Lord of the Seas quest. He shared the quest as commanded though. I can easily tank a dungeon boss probably. I have heard their damage was recently updated to a higher level for more challenge, but it should not be a problem. 

@Itzal

When Baldur called out to Itzal he smiled and listened as Baldur mentioned how they were discussing his duel with..  Morgenstern.  So Jonathan hadn't introduced himself yet.  At the mention of quest Itzal cocked an eyebrow at Jonathan.  "Did you ask for Baldur's help or did you plan on taking a quest alone?  Which quest is it?  And as for a dungeon, what level are you at now Baldur?  I believe we can handle a dungeon, but the bosses have become very dangerous now.  We'll need to be careful.  However I'm all to willing to find dungeons or chests.  Which both I'm able to find and unlock now.  Although I don't have the best chance at picking chests currently.  Working on it though."  When Jonathan told them about the quest Itzal looked at Jonathan.  "Poison eh?  Hmm.  I'll have to rely on my evasion skills then and keep it paralyzed.  That's all I'm good for until I work on my damage skills.  So Jonathan gets it's attention, I stun it and hopefully give it status damage, and Baldur lands the hit?  Hopefully it will be dead in no time."

@Baldur @Morgenstern

• 2 weeks later...

Baldur smiled and nodded to his new friends. "I'm almost level 50 at the moment. If you can stun it, Itzal, I should be able to kill it in a single hit."

He rattled the katana in his saya, and then nodded to the two of them.

"As for a dungeon, assuming we don't get into an advanced dungeon, we should be fine a well. On this floor, their HP shouldn't be high enough to give us much of a problem, even if their damage is pretty high."

He walked over and clasped them both by the shoulder and led them out of the village.

"It'll be good to work with you both, and we definitely need to do what we can to help get another tank up to the frontlines. I'm glad I bumped into you Morgan. Hopefully we can work together quite a bit going forward. I know Itzal is chomping at the bit to get into the frontlines, and having you and yours there will be a huge boon to the people of Aincrad."

As they walked out into the floor, they began to approach the sand dunes that were the location of the boss.

"If you're at all worried about the damage, I'd recommend a safeguard, but I think we should all be tough enough to not have to worry. The most important thing is going to be getting off that stun."

Drawing his katana Raijinken, lightning sliding along the blade, Baldur kept a watchful eye out for the flying, two-headed snake boss.

Jonathan stood listeneing to the onslaught of questions from Itzal. He acted like a mother wanting to know where he was, and now where he going and what he was going to do. He stood quiet, trying to think of what to say, but Itzal kept the conversation rolling and began to speak with Baldur. In seconds the two had discussed a plan, certain strategies in all forms. Jonathan laughed. That was quick, I never got a chance to say anything. Well let us get this started eh? Jonathan turned and equipped his armor, the silver armor encasing his body. He trotted forward, kicking up a small amount of sand. This should be fun. The tank remained quiet for the remainder of the walk glancing around. He found himself getting quieter, and much more violent in battle. The servants would say that he was becoming like his father, quiet and violent. Like a volcano. Then out of the corner of the blond's eye, he caught sight of the creature. Jonathan outstretched his weapon and walked causually forward. It had not seemed to notice the players so Jonathan smiled inside of his armor and let out a great <<Howl>> that interrupted just about everything in a mile radius. Yeah.... Look at me.... 

Spoiler

Jonathan 620/620  <62/62> H:3

@Itzal ?/?

Baldur ?/?

Amphis Serpens 175/175

Amphis Serpens Stats- 

HP: 175

MIT: 45

Damage per Attack: 70
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Hate and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turns that cannot be mitigated.