(PP-F1-NK) Gold Snake <<FtE>> (Beatbox, Zandra)

Hakai stood by the exit to the starting city waiting for Beatbo and Zandra to show up. She had once again failed to find a familiar and was about to embark on the quest for the third time. This quest was just annoying, but it was also crucial to her build, which made it even more infuriating that she couldnt complete it. It was a quest that tested your skill or intelligence, but rather one that relied solely on luck. And it was important as all hell for a quest that relied on luck like that. And it wasnt like it was a fifty fifty chance to complete it either, And beyond that it was hard enough to even find the familiar to tame in the first place. She wished that Kayaba would revise it, especially after he had made it so important. She leaned against the wall, wondering whether or not she would be successful this time. She doubted it somehow. She just had terrible luck. It was actually possible that she could never complete this quest, even if she tried a hundred times. That was just how luck worked.

Dungeon hunter's earrings: +2 LD

Dungeon hunters armband: +1 rank (Search and Detect)

@Zandra

@Beatbox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quickly headed my way down the stairs in my beach house. As I rushed thru my store I shouted at one of the shelfs almost at the roof. "Heya Zita! No time to sleep now. We have important business to attend to." Over the edge, white feathered head with a golden talon was slowly revealing itself. "Zita, now!" My kings eagle finally understood what was going on and let out a cry before darting thru the open door. "Thats more like it." I said quietly before following my flying friend out the door.

A ten minutes later or so I stepped out of the warp gate in beginner city. Today I was gonna help a friend to one of my dearest friends. Or, she was my friend, at a boss figth not that long ago she had been murdered, coldhearted by another player. After that, I couldnt talk to that woman that did such a terrible thing. But to help this girl out, Hakai, felt kind of like she was helping Manta. In the outskirts of the town she spotted the blonde. "Hello there Hakai. You ready to head out to find yourself a friend?" she used friend, since Zita, her kings eagle, felt much more like a friend then a pet.

Beatbox had yawned, twas another day another person wanted him to help them out with another quest. But Beatbox didn't mind it, not only does he have company for the day, but he also would get some sweet SP in the process. That, and the chance of getting some more col to get to where he wanted to save up. Today was the day where Hakai wanted help getting a familiar, being the guy that he is and the female that she is, Beatbox immediately said "sure I'll help." Beatbox had giggled and called for his familiar, it was time for them to head out there. Once he had shown up he had also seen Zandra, another person he hadn't really talked to for a bit. "Hey there Hakai, Zandra." he said with a wave and a smile. "It sure has been a while, I had grown up so many levels since the last time I have seen all of you." he giggled as he patted his familiar Ocarina that had sat on his shoulder looking at Hakai and Zandra.

@Hakai - Sorry for the wait!

Hakai smiled to Zandra. "I'm looking forward to attempting to find a partner again. This is the third time, so hopefully it'll be the charm." She said with a wink. "My lucks pretty bad though, so we might end up needing to retire tonight and maybe try again tomorrow." She said, realizing that it was a bit pessimistic to be saying that in the morning before they even started. She looked at Beatbox with a curious and analyzing eye. He was slightly different from last time they had met. Well, not really all that different on the surface, but she could see a slight difference in his eyes. She could already tell what it meant. It was a confidence in one's own ability. She had no doubt in her mind that he had grown quite a bit in such a short time. "I've grown a bit too, but you wont get to see the new tricks up my sleeve today. And thats mainly just because im waiting on some gear from a blacksmith." She explained with a wink at Beatbox.

Beatbox had yawned, he had just woke up not too long ago from a nap, he smiled as Hakai finally had noticed that he was here and said how much she and I have grown along that she is waiting on equipment from a blacksmith. He gave her a determined smile and said "Oooh, you've grown too? I'd say I have grown a lot since the last time we spoke. In fact I have made it way above the 25th level as I am not level 32. But I can't wait to see the tricks you have up your sleeve soon!" he gave her a wink. He stretched his arms and looked back and forth between Zandra and Hakai. He continued to look at Hakai and look up and down her body, he didn't know why, but he did. He shook his head and his familiar looked at him with a confused look, he looked back to his familiar and gave him a pat on his head. He looked to the side with a saddened look as he suddenly remembered of all times his evil smile he had displayed to Itzal back when he had hit level 25. "Why now of all times?" he asked himself in his head with a sigh.

@Zandra

Hakai nodded to him. He was definitely a ton strong than he had been before, especially if he was around level thirty two like he had said. She wasnt all that close to that. It was probably about time for her to step up her game rather than dilly dallying around and waiting to get a familiar. That was just an excuse for laziness. She looked over at Beatbox to catch him eyeing her. She pretended that she hadn't noticed in order to spare him the embarrassment. "Really, this familiar is the thing thats holding me back from joining this next boss fight. From what i heard at the meeting the boss might be immune to status effects, so i'm going to need to pure damage that this familair is gonna provide me with." She smirked, thinking of all the havoc she could wreak with the combination of her demonic, her familiar, and the new katanas she had ordered.

''Hello there Beatbox.'' I answered when the blonde young man arrived. about a month ago. I had together with him, the girl infront of me as well as another couple been farming the heck out of an area on this floor as well. We did it to get tons of materials to build ourself a ship to fight a seamonster. But today, the goal was something completly different. I turn to Hakai. ''Well yeah, but isnt they saying 'third times the charm'? Myself II did the traveler quest three times before we succesfully delivered the cargo.'' Well, I had done it more times, but since it took three times to complete, that was all that was relevant.

I listen as my two partymembers talked about how they have been training and increased in levels, beeing stronger for every day that passes. I glanced at my healthbar. There I saw a five and a nine. As I looked back at the other two I couldnt say it. It would probably kill the mood and sound like I was bragging. ''Well thats awesome guys. Im rely looking forward to see you at the fronlines in not to long time.'' I said instead, putting on a smile and a thumb up.

Hakai smiled broadly at Zandra. "My goal is to catch up to that Hik guy. That guys just a bit too confident, i wanna knock him down a peg." She stated, remembering when she had gone on a quest with Xion and him. He was definitely the type that showed off. She could remember him dissapearing into the shadows and teleporting all over the place from shadow to shadow like some kind of wraith. She certainly didnt want to kill him, but his behavior could do with an adjustment. She toned her smile down. "We can do some gathering as we search for my familiar as well, and get this viking warship to be even bigger and better." She stated with a confident smirk at Zandra. She was looking forward to the rewards for the event itself. Hopefully they would get something incredible and she could make her build even scarier than it already was.

A smile on my face grew as I herd Hakai talk about the master of shadows. ''Hehe, yeah. I know what you mean. I kinda took him down at that gathering when several players challenged each others. I did paralyzed me several times. And when he thougth he had won, I just activated my field medic mod. I cant heal myself with first aid. But the mod heals my whole party and Im a part of my party. Little sneaky maybe. Combine with battle healing I could heal up almost half my health.'' I scanned Hakai for awhile before continuing. ''By the way, a long time ago, or by now it feels long time ago, I got the last hit reward from a boss. A big spider. I sold it to one of my friends named Manta Gaul.'' I smiled at her. ''I hope the weapon have served you well.''

Hakai nodded to Zandra. She hadnt been aware that her weapon of choice had come from her, but it didn't really matter at this point though. She owned it now regardless of how she got it. Still, she was going to take the favor that she had owed Manta to be avenging her death. Whether or not that meant killing her killer or something else, she had yet to decide. "Well, I dont know what the time frame was between you giving it to her and her giving it to me, but regardless I have an unpayed debt. And I dont think that that debt disappeared with her death." She said quietly. "How'd it happen? I dont know who or the details of how, but thats information that I should probably have for the future." She smiled at the part where Zandra outwitted Hikoru. "Thats pretty sneaky, I love it." She said with a grin.  She wasnt about to waste sixty five skill points to be able to do that, but she definitely liked the idea. Sneaky little things like that were what Hakai liked to implement into her own build and fighting mentality.

As Hakai asked me about who it was that made my precious friend disapear from this world as well as the real one, my smile quickly faded away. She didnt knew? I suddenly felt very uncomfortable. The tone in Hakai's voice warned her for revealing the murderer of Manta. Instinctally my hand went to my neck and started scratching. ''Ehm... I dont remem...'' no, I cant say that. ''No, thats a lie. I do remember. I remember it bery clear. Often, I also regret I didnt completed my action I started. When I saw Manta, as well as my other dear friend Ebony, turn into crystals.'' I took a deep breath, why did I told this to her? Was it because she didnt knew and as a friend to Manta I felt like she had the right to know? Or did I just want to share it with her to see if she agrred to my feelings. But I couldnt betray one of my other friends to someone I just have met a few times. Or could I? ''Oh sorry Hakai. I should have gone a little smoother on it. How much do you know about it?''

As she mentioned she loved the way I tricked Hikoru and couldnt stop a giggle. ''Hehe. Yeah, you should have seen his face when I did it.''

Hakai stared at Zandra, analyzing her. It was pretty obvious that the woman had the information she wanted and was withholding it for some reason. Hakai had little doubt that it had something to do with her being friends with the culprit, or with someone very close to them. She wasnt about to push it though. Or was she. She smirked, a vicious little twinkle appearing in her eyes. "Hypothetically, if someone murdered your friend right in front of you wouldn't you try to stop them, or at least get justice? If you dont doesnt that make just as liable for the murder? Of course, friendships are strange things, like cobwebs. You can get entagled in all those relationships and lose sight of what actually needs to be done. Thats just what empathy does to people." She took a step forward, knowing that there was no way in hell she was going to intimidate this player but making a statement anyway. "Of course, thats just hypothetical, right?" She said before taking a step back and toning down the malicious intent. She was making herself angry and that wouldn't do. 

As I listened to what Hakai said, I felt my heartbeat increase as I just stared at the girl infront of me. ''You...'' I started. ''You...'' I gritted my teeths. ''You wasnt there. So dont ever say such things again. Okay?'' what was wrong with this girl. She accused me for murder. But even worse. Murder on my friend. One of the few here that I have called friend and rely mean it.  I shoke my head and looked the other way. ‘’By the way, wasn’t we here to find a familiar to you?’’ I glanced at the blonde with a raised eyebrow. My eyes walked to Beatbox for a few seconds. I wonder what he thinks about all this. Thou he was about Hakais age so I guess he gonna be on her side whatever she says. ‘’Also, you didn’t answered my question. Have the demonic weapon been of use to you?’’

Beatbox spaced out during this time where Zandra and Hakai had started talking to each other, he didn't want to interrupt them... nor did he want to make any of them angry by speaking over them. He had listened to the two girls conversation and giggled along the way, and what urged him to really step forward was the hypothetical question Hakai had asked to Zandra. He coughed and said "U-uh, well typically if you saw your friend murdered in front of you, I don't know about you but I'd fight back to avenge their deaths. It doesn't matter if you are accused of something after, if they killed your friend that's also murder." which then Beatbox had a confused look on how an endless loop of accusation occurs, and then at this point he had shut up because he didn't feel relevant in the conversation. He had overheard Zandra talk about a Demonic weapon that Hakai owns and said "wait wait wait... Demonic Weapon? How'd you get one of those? God d*** it... I'm jealous now." then looked over to the side away from them.

@Hakai - Do your roll ;)

ID# 70769 results:

Loot: 6 Fail

Hakai looked Zandra over. "You seem to be getting a bit emotional for a hypothetical question. Makes a person wonder." She raised an eyebrow before turning to Beatbox. "Yes. Its a complicated story of sorts. Lets get started on this quest though. A lot happened a while back and a good friend of mine got me this weapon." She said, keeping any emotion off of her face. Still, in her gut, she could feel the tension building to lash out at someone. She smiled instead. "It's been quite useful, im thankful to Scarlet for giving it to me. She heard that it fit my build. She was always willing to stick out her neck for others, even if it meant giving away a demonic. She did whatever she could to help the frontlines get ahead." She glanced at Beatbox again. "Her death wasn't unexpected. Kind people like that dont stick around in a place like this."

Edited by Hakai

I looked at Hakai and let out a sigh. ‘’Well, nevermind. Its in the past.’’ That was my words, but still, there wasn’t many days I didn’t thougth of that particular fight, and regretted that I didn’t do anything. I was to far away from where it happened to prevent it, but could had revenged the death by making the murderer disappear. Or, no I couldn’t. Another blonde that I cared about was getting in the way, and if I did pass her, there probably would be more players on her side then mine. Which would mean Id be killed not long time after. I kicked a rock that flew over the grass a few meters before stopping, laying in grass. Not a single trouble on its mine. No responsibility. Just laying there. I turned back to Hakai and Beatbox.’’ Don’t know if you already knows it but, the demonic you use, it was mine from the start. Then I sold it to Scarlet that gave it to you.’’

Hakai glanced over at Zandra and gave her a smile. "I dont know anything about what happened, just that it did. And your right, its in the past but that doesn't mean that your exonerated for what happened if you were there. But the past is the past, and im sure that you feel terrible about what happened to your good friend." She stated. She glanced around as they walked further, wondering if Beatbox would comment on anything with an original point of view or whether or not he would just back one of them up. She looked back to Zandra as she spoke. "I wasn't aware. I just know that a demonic popped up that i could use and it made its way to me through your friend." She stated calmly. She didn't much care about the weapons prior owners. It was hers now and it had stuck with her throughout it's various forms. She felt as though she had definitely mastered it. It had come to her as a dagger, then it became her claws, and now it was her katana. She felt an incredibly strong bond with it. "My build wouldn't be complete without it." She stated out of the blue.

(Ignore the Orange Marker, I am Green in this thread.)

Beatbox was rather jealous, he actually wanted a demonic weapon of his own... but, it would be a while before he could actually get one. Hakai had spoken that she had gotten her demonic from someone that has had long passed away which made Beatbox feel really bad. Beatbox sighed and said "U-uh... well, I'm sorry for your friends passing. But at least you can carry out your friends name by using the demonic more than anything." he didn't really know what to say about the conversation that was at hand, he looked around and kicked a rock, he didn't really know what to do... he kind of wanted to fight something, but we were all busy trying to find Hakai's familiar. Beatbox had felt that his build felt now rather incomplete that he doesn't have a special demonic enhancement to complement his DPS status. He looked back and said to Hakai with a smile "Now I feel really powerless compared to you, no fair." he giggled.

@Hakai @Zandra

Every day since the new familiar enchantments had been released, Ive regretted I traded the only demonic drop Ive ever had. The Limbos fang wasnt a good weapon for someone aiming for high pure damage, like whip and dagger users before latest update. But after the update, I could have had both pure damage with familiar as well as the status damage the fang had. well, the wielder of the weapon was here. And even without a demonic, I would be able to take it back. WHAT! What are you thinking Zandra!? Are you completly out of your mind!? "Nonono, I dont mean like that. I cant do it. Its not right. Its the top of selfishness." I said as I shaked my head to get rid of the thougths.

I stopped shaking my head and looked atbthe couple infront of me. "Oh right. Nevermind. By the way Hakai, you are looking for a familiar rigth?" I started to swipe in the air infront of me. After a few seconds I opened a transaction window to Hakai. "Its a halfmask giving you a perfect search bonus. Well, unless you already have one you can borrow this."

Edited by Zandra

She smiled to Beatbox. "Thats just how it works. When we both get to a certain point in our builds I'll be stronger just because i have better gear. Or at least, thats probably how you feel. But its not true. You could probably defeat me without too much trouble at the moment. And you'll have a demonic soon enough. Its just a matter of making the right friends and participating in the boss fights." She said. "You probably already knew that." She glanced over at Zandra who had a strange look on her face, but she ignored it. If Zandra tried to kill her it wouldnt really matter if she expected it or not. At least Sierra would get her demonic if that happened. She smirked and decided to say that out loud just in case Zandra was getting any ideas. "I feel comfortable carrying a demonic around at my rank because even if I die the weapon will go to my friend. We're married, but only for the whole inventory thing." She explained. "Still, let me tell you, shes hot as hell with her purple hair and skintight black clothing." Hakai whistled absentmindedly. Girls like that only came around ever decade or so.