(PP-F1-NK) Gold Snake <<FtE>> (Beatbox, Zandra)

"I don't know..." he said to Hakai with a smile "I'm pretty sure that you could beat me fairly easy." he giggled and gave her a pat on the back. Beatbox looked back to his familiar that had been chilling on his shoulder, Ocarina appeared to be looking around sniffing trying to make sure that Hakai was a nice person... or trying to find food, frankly Beatbox was unsure. Beatbox gave his familiars head a pat and nudged his head against Ocarina's, looking back at Hakai and Zandra as they were still talking about demonic weapons. His smile faded a bit as he had heard that she was married, he didn't know why he got a little upset about that fact... he just... did. Beatbox quickly shook off those thoughts and said to Hakai "She sounds friendly! Can't wait to meet her someday." he winked at Hakai. He looked back to Zandra and smiled "Do you have equipment for just about anything there Zandra?" he asked with a giggle.

(Totally isn't ironic at all... thanks @Hakai <3)

@Hakai @Zandra

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I raised an eyebrow as the blonde girl suddenly mentioned that she was merried. And specially mentioning their shared inventory. What did she meant by that. She actually thougth someone would kill her. It didnt seemed like she even cared about answering her question to borrow my mask. So I closed the transaction. Maybe she just wanted it to be more challenging. Or maybe she didnt wanted to find herself a familiar. This was just an excuse to be together with the blonde guy. But if that was the case, why am I here? "Hakai, you think there is someone that is going to kill you just for having a demonic? Even an demonic that mainly comes to use in your build? And you probably know, youre build is kinda unique. You are actually have one of the most interesting build I know about." truth be told, Ive got some information about this girl since she was in possesion of the demonic, the only demonic weapon Ive ever had in my inventory. Turned my focus to Beat. "Well, not rely. What makes you think that?" I asked as he wondered if I had equipment for anything.

Hakai glanced at Beat, as he said that he thought she could beat him. "Unlike some demonics my weapon doesnt give me the same level of damage output as you. So you would be doing tons of damage to me and i would only be doing incremental damage to you. My weapon is for enemies with tons of mitigation, not for other damage dealers." She stated. She turned to Zandra. "Thats the way it used to be, but with this familiar thing being updated things have changed. It doesnt matter if ones build is centered around damage over time, if they have a damage familiar then they would want it. Its as simple as that." She frowned before voicing something that had been on her mind for quite a while now. "Plus, my build is only damage over time because of the demonic. Without it i'd just have a straight damage build." She said. Even with her quick change mod her build wouldn't be at the point it was now. She needed them to release some sort of damage over time skill.

Edited by Hakai

I looked at Hakai with a frinedly smile on my lips. That it was this girl that Mantra was giving the Limbos fang to. In my opinion, there wasnt actually none canditate that was better to it. At least none that I knew about. I placed my hand on her shoulder. ''You know Hakai, Im glad Manta gave the dagger to you. Most peoples would probably just use it as compliment to a damage build. To hearing someone that going into condition damage as goal for the build, not just something to add a little more damage. I wont lie to you, I rely would like that dagger back. As the situation is now with a high mitigation boss as next floor boss, it would have been pretty useful. But trust me in what I say now. I would never kill another player just for an item. You can always call me as well if your in trouble.'' I removed my hand from her and after a few swipes a friend request poped up infront of the blonde.

Hakai smiled at Zandra as she said that she was glad that she had it even though she really wanted it back. She tapped the accept button as the friend request popped up in front of her. "They did say that they thought this boss would be resistant to damage over time, so it probably wont be as useful as you expect it to be." She stated, remembering how she heard Macradon say that exact thing. She glanced around the area, wondering if they would find another snake anytime soon. She always felt as though she would never be able to finish this quest, and she was actually feeling the same way now. She frowned. "Did you ever have a ton of trouble with this quest?" She asked Zandra. "Because this is my third time trying it and every time I find a familiar it either doesnt have enhancements or I cant find it at all." She said, annoyed with her bad luck with this quest. "This quest needs to be changed so that it's easier."

I noodded as Hakai mentioned another thing they herd on the meeting, that the boss may gonna be resistant to condition damage as well. ‘’Well, maybe they say so. And maybe it rely is true. Thou Ive played some MMO’s outside SAO. I do remember some mobs. They was called stone elementals I think. Or something like that. And they looked like huge stones forming a humanoid. If I do remember right, it was able to damage them with dots. In that game, the dot damages was only burn and poision. But this isn’t that game I know. I just saying that maybe Mac had seen it. And it sounds likely. But this is a game and everything isn’t always like it should be. I guess you can agree on that at least.’’ My corner of the mouth went up a bit. ‘’Just saying don’t be sure your unique build wont work on it. Imagine if it do, then you probably gonna be praised by many and several gonna start doing dot builds as well.’’ A pause. ‘’I think.’’ I finished.

Hakai smiled and nodded to Zandra. "If it works. My build allows me to switch between straight damage and damage over time, so either way im good in that regard. I have a mod called quick change, so i can switch between my weapons in a blink." She told Zandra. "I hope i'll be strong enough by the time the boss fight comes around to really make my name known. I want people to recognize me." She said, looking down a bit. She was a bit jealous of people like Calrex and Hikoru who were strong enough that pretty much everyone knew them. And Zandra of course, but now that she'd met Zandra she didn't really feel that way about her anymore. "I've done a few virtual games before. I was always the bad guy who killed other players. I've had to adjust. You obviously understand why." She said with a wink to Zandra. She had managed to not murder anyone so far, and she planned to keep it that way. 

‘’Im sure you will be strong enough when the time comes for the boss fight. Also, after today, hopefully, you gonna have another one that will always accompany you and help you in your battles to come. Also, the familiars is making a much bigger difference nowadays compared to when I got Zita. Then the familiars gave only one rank of bonus. Now, with some skill points, it can give three. That Im certain you already knew. And this had made it almost a must to have one.’’

As I herd what she said next, my eyes turned wider. She said she was a murderer, a player killer, in other games. ‘’What? Are you erious? So you are planning to join up with the laughin coffin and Opal? Since if you have killed before, doesent you have the desire to keep doing it?’’ I threw my eyes at the boy beside us. Myself I was sure I was pretty safe, could withstand a lot of damage before going down. But about this boy I wasn’t sure. I turned back to Hakai.

Hakai smirked at Zandra. "I thought you've played other games before? In all the other games besides this one when you kill someone they just respawn with some items missing from their inventory. In other games you dont die when you die in the game, so its perfectly fine to be a player killer." She smiled, confident that she had defended herself successfully. But of course she couldn't just leave things like that. "Of course I feel the want to, but thats never spurred from virtual reality games. Some people are just born with certain desires and core beliefs. We have to find ways to temper those desires though. For me it was through the use of virtual reality games. In this game it's tempered through necessity. We cant afford to lose players who could help us escape, so i'll never kill unless it's absolutely necessary." She stated, glancing over at Beatbox with a smirk. "There are... Some people that i would die for though."

I took a small breath of relief. Turned out the conditioner didnt had any plans to kill anyone. Actually, it was understandable. In other games, just as she said, the only thing you lose is time. Also, Hakai thougth she had played games before. "Well, to be honest, before SAO, I was one of those hardcore gamers. In several games, MMO's, that I played I created a guild. As the guild leader, I felt a responsibility to lead everyone to victory. Rather save lifes instead of taking them. It also wasnt just a small casual guild. In several games, we was one of the top guilds. Dont know if youve ever herd of 'The Shining Stars'?" I asked her. Ive often wondered if anyone from The Shining Stars also entered SAO. Also, was they dead or alive?

ID# 70938

LD: 12+3= 15 

"I do recall that name. I dont recall any of the players in it though, i didn't really pay much attention to anything other than my little group. They told stories about us, we were a sort of urban myth that actually existed." She said with a smile to Zandra. "We were called Bloody Crystal because of how violent we were and how we always knew where parties of players would be, like we were using a crystal ball." She smirked. "We were a guild of rogues and assassins, so we always had that sneak skill maxed out." She said before beginning to search for a snake. It wasn't long until she found one. She fed it the raw meat she had brought and it slithered towards her in a friendly manner. Still, she could almost immediately see that it didn't have an enhancement. She gave a little bit of a crazy smile to no one in particular, her annoyance and anger overflowing. She threw the snake at a nearby tree, her katana flying after it to embed it in the tree by it's midsection. She grabbed her extra katana and walked up to it before starting to slash wildly at the creature that had betrayed her through it's own weakness. After a few moments she calmed down and yanked Limbos Fang out of the tree and sheathed it before turning to Zandra with a friendly smile. "Well, it looks like we need to keep searching. Do you mind if I borrow that mask?"

Edited by Hakai

So, Hakai was one of those that have herd of the Shining Stars. Thou it sounded like she didn’t care a [censored] about them. She on the other hand, belonged to the group ‘Bloody Crystal’. As I herd this I grit my teeths. ‘’You don’t have to told me about that. I do know about them. So you was a part of it?’’ The bloody crystals, they had rely been a pain in the ass from time to time. She also revielded what would be information you not just spill that easily. The way she and her group have been able to get thru my nets have been maxing sneak skills. I saved this information so I would still remember it when we exits this game so I finally gonna be able to stop the organization that had killed so many of my guildmates so many times. ‘’Well, since you do recognize the Shining Stars and belongs to that… group. I guess these makes us enemies. Thou what you say about putting that aside until we exit SAO?’’ I asked and stretched forth my hand for a handshake. I know she had said she wouldn’t kill anyone in here, except necessary. But it still felt like the right thing to do.

Hakai raised an eyebrow and looked at Zandra.  "We arent enemies. Thats the problem with your type, you think that everything is black and white. I dont see you as an enemy, but rather a means to end, a person with their own wants and desires." She looked away for a moment. "In those games I see you as a rival, but thats it. I dont have any enemies, just those who I like and dislike.The only time I have an enemy is when someone else gives themself that title and even then I rarely recognize it." She put her extra katana back in her at the ready inventory and continued to walk. "You see, your guild i barely even recognize the name. Unlike you guys we dont discriminate between our targets, we attacked the good and the bad." She reached over and shook Zandra's hand anyway though. "Still, if you really want assurance that i'm not your enemy I suppose that I do need to shake on it." She gave Zandra a smile, even though she wasn't really feeling it.

Damnit damnit damnit. This isn’t going as I hoped at all. Not at all. Everything I said just seemed I makes my fools of myself. Sounding like a little… Well, maybe I am. Even the handshake seemed childish now. This girl must have losed all respect for me at the moment. Every little piece of dignity shattered. I let out a deep sigh. I swiped with my hand infront of me. ‘’Well, I don’t rely see you as my enemy eith…’’ I started but stopped after just a few words. ‘’Well, you already stated that. ‘’Also, I know there is much more then black and white. But nevermind. Here.’’ Myswipes had made half a masquerade mask pixelate in my hand as I stretched over it to Hakai. ‘’I hope its gonna help you in your search for a familiar.’’ After handing it over, I went back to my inventory. There I scrolled thru the different items I had at the moment. Thru the year and a half Ive been here, it had became quite much. A glance at my wallet showed that it wasn’t empty either if you say so.

Hakai smiled at her and grasped the mask, tying it in place. Luckily it was only half of a mask. She would never consider wear an actual full face mask unless she was planning to do some dirty work involving some bloodshed. It would certainly help in finding this familiar. She cocked her head to the side and looked over at Zandra who seemed to have become a little bit less confident, her composure affected by something. Hakai wondered what it was. "I want you to know that while you haven't earned my respect for you as a person, I do respect your strength and dedication to getting stronger." She stated. And it was true. She didn't know the woman's personality completely or her cores values, but she did recognize the dedication that it took to get as strong as she was. Hakai hoped that she would catch up and surpass her, but that would obviously take quite a while.

As Hakai grabbed the mask I let my hands fall to the side. A smile appeared on my lips from her next comment. ‘’Respect my strength? Dedication of getting stronger?’’ She shoke her head. ‘’I appreciate that. But it also shows you don’t know me. Just as you said. In this world strength is just digital numbers. The higher the numbers the stronger the person are. To survive it is a big advantage to have high numbers, or beeing strong. But lately, Im thinking about era…’’ no, I cant talk to a girl Ive just met a few times. Even if she was friend to Manta. Some says that my friends friends is my friends. But was it rely so? Was this her friend. Well, only the future knew that. ‘’Well Hakai, even if you don’t respect my person, and I guess you wont when you get to know me, if you gets to know me. Even so, you have an aura around you. And you can decide to answer theis request how ever you want.’’ A few seconds later, a friend request poped up ionfront of the blonde.

Hakai glanced over at Zandra once more. “What are we if not exemplified by our abilities and desire to become better and grow stronger?” She questioned quietly before tapping the accept button on the friend request. It was always good to be in contact with those who were strong in this world. She nodded to her. “I don’t see any reason not to accept.” She stated before giving her a small smile and turning back to the trail in front of her. The woods that they had entered was filled with the sound of birds and other animals, hopefully one of which would become her familiar. She didn’t think it would be all that likely, but it was always possible that Kayaba and her own luck would surprise her and let her get the one thing she needed for her build to be at the point where she could join the boss fight. "I dont think that we're going to be successful in this quest, but i dont see why we shouldn't continue to attempt it."

I smile grew inside me when Hakai pressed the accept button on the friend request. "Before I arrived here to SAO, I thougth like you. Just get stronger. The stronger the better. But after awhile you are gonna find out that there is so much more then stats. Like how much you cares aboit others, or not cares. Then what you think can show what kind of person you are. Your interests of course. Your social skills as well." this was just few to examples.

"Well, maybe you already have enough friends and dont want more to fill up your friend list. Maybe save room for the boys. Guess you are pretty popular in the male players point of view. There isnt very many good looking girls here in the game." I said as an answer to her question why she shouldnt accept the friend request.

Next Hakai wanted to continue searching. "Yeah, lets find you a familiar Hak."

Hakai smiled. Zandra didn't really seem to understand her at all. "My views aren't new to this game. I didn't get stuck in this game and say, 'im going to get strong for the heck of it'. No, i've been striving my entire life to be the strongest I can be." She explained. She smiled as Zandra mentioned saving room in her friends list for boys. "Thank you. I tend to lean the other way most of the time. Course, maybe someone will change my mind in the future. It just seems that most women in this game are more open to relationships than the men." She explained with a shrug. She had never actually had a relationship with a guy, so she didn't know if she would like it or not. It was probably the opposite for most other people."Alright, lets keep searching for this animal." She stated after Zandra agreed that they should continue searching she smiled to her. "So, what sort of guys do you fancy?" She asked with a conspiratory smile to her.

"Yeah, and hopefully that halfmask of finding is gonna help you find it. It would be good if it got to any use. Nowadays I only use it when money farming to get better loot. Since my search skill is so bad so Im teaming up with scouts. The scout Ive been thru most dungeons with must be the jade hunter. Also known as Hirru. He had got some quite good results and several skill points richer. Myself I dont have a single skill point invested in any kind of search skill. Thou probably I should considering it. To find high ranked dungeons is one of the fastest skill point sources." I answered as Hakai agreed to continue thebsearch for the familiar. "So Hakai, I saw that reptile on the tree with the katanas. I cant not wonder why you want a snake as familiar. I dont mean I think its weird or anything like that, thou that wouldnt matter to you what I think. i wonder only because Im curious."