(PP-F1-NK) Gold Snake <<FtE>> (Beatbox, Zandra)

Hakai smiled to Zandra. "Don't worry about it, i dont mind sharing." She thought for a moment. "Some snakes can stay still for days at a time and then strike with incredible speed. So I want to wear on around my wrist or on the cross guard of my sword so that it can strike at the same time I do." She stated. Her decision had really just been made out of necessity and planning rather than an actual desire for a snake as a familiar. "As long as it can do what I want I dont really care. I suppose if I were to choose a familiar simply for it's look I would choose an ice dragon or the like. I feel like im very similar to them. Cold seeming on the outside but really a whole lot of roiling emotions and violence on the inside." She said without altering her facial expressions at all. "Anyways, what do you say we fight some monsters to get some col while we search?" She asked after a moment or two. She really needed the col if she was going to get a unique skill down the line.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nooded as I herd the reason why Hakai was gonna pick a snake for familiar. "Well, I think that it is going to suit you Hakai. Hope you finds one you like." I said as I remembered my own search for a familiar. I also threw a glance up in the sky where Zita, the kingseagle was circling high above our heads. "There was several eagles I encountred before I found Zita. I still remembering it. After so many hours of searching. All day looking. But as Ive herd, it was relatively quick I found it."

Next Hakai asked me about doing some col gathering. I scratched my neck. I didnt wanted to be seen as someone that brags. So I was thinking how to answer the blonde. "Well, its like this. You know that as your level increase, you must face stronger mobs to drop loot. Myself I must fight so though ones by now that unless I stack up on as many damage buffs availble, It will take forever for me to take down only one. Thats why I hope that we gonna get tier 3 soon, so I can go back to getting moneys again. But if you wanna take the opportunity to get income, I wont stop you." I sgarted to swipe in the air infront of me."Since I wont team up with you in battling, you can borrow this. Gonna higher your income a little at least." I then sent Hakai the golden claw with enchantments that increases one col income from slaying mobs.

1 Golden claw borrowed to Hakai.

Hakai placed the claw in her inventory for the moment. She planned to switch it in place of her armor, knowing that any monster on this floor would have super low damage output so she wouldn't be in damage of dying to them, but she felt that they were getting close to finding another snake.. She looked around but she couldn't see anything to fight either. She would fight, but in a bit. For now she would talk with Zandra and wait. "That sounds like it sucks. Still, once you use those damage buffs you probably start to get a ton of col, so its probably worth it if you plan to grind for col for a good long while." She stated with a smile. "Thanks for letting me borrow this gear. I'll use the claw in a little bit, I have a feeling that another snake is close, so im going to wait a little bit before I start gathering col. I just dont want to miss anything. This familiar is the top priority for me." She explained. "I should probably get some buffs for when I farm too, just to make it easier."

My mind headed away and started to think about the lot of col that was waiting on the next floor. When getting there, my damage output would increase alot. Not only thru my familiar getting stronger, but also that potions and foods was gonna make me stronger as well. And when the time came, my grinding would get to the next level and someday, I would have that perfect fallen weapon. Thou to get there, I was gonna need alot, then I mean alot, of materials. Luckily for me, I knew a merchant that sold materials for col. Since thru my grinds the amount of col would be clearly superior to materials. "Yeah, it does make the loot better when reaching that level. But sadly, even with all damage buffs I will only be able to take down four mobs with my AoE before I need to rest to refill my energy. But as soon as we hit next floor. Then I will get some serious money." Thou Hakai said she would wait with farming and prioritise finding he snake. "That sounds like a good idea. The familiar is worth much more then some extra money. And we dont want to scare it away do we?"

ID# 71093 results:

Loot: 6 Fail

Hakai nodded to Zandra. She had a point. Hakai needed to get this familiar more than she needed any col. She looked around until she finally saw the tip of a snake tail. She made her way over to it and offered a piece of the meat to it. It turned its head to the side and slithered off in the blink of an eye however. It seemed as though luck wasn't on her side. Even so she was determined to complete this quest this try. She wasnt about to go through this again, so she would keep searching until she was dead or had found one that had the enhancement she needed. She unequipped her earrings and armband and equipped the claw that Zandra had given her before drawing her katana, a gleam in her eye. "I'm all set to get some col now. The system wont spawn another one for a while yet, so i should have some time to gather col."

Edited by Hakai

When it turned out that Hakai had made the right choice, a snake appeared. "Yes!" I said in my mind as my mouth kept shut. I made sure to not give away a sound that maybe would scare the reptile to escape. I even held my breath as I looked at Hakai as she was gonna get her familiar, after all those tries. But suddenly it disapeared. "Damnit!" I said as I looked at the blonde. "Im sorry. I felt like it would be succesfully this time. Seems I was wrong." I scratched the back of my neck. "Ehm..." would I really do this? I could need it for my next farming run. But that wouldnt happe  until after the boss figth. So I had olenty of time to order more of them. "Hakai. This might sound weird but..." I still wasnt sure. But she had been a friend to Manta. It would feel like I ddid it for her as well. Then I settled my mind. "Hakai. I do have a food item left that enchant your searching. You want it?"

ID# 71098 results:

Battle: 4 Miss

MOB: 8 Hit

Hakai nodded to Zandra. "It's pretty frustrating isn't it." She stated calmly before replying to Zandra's offer. "That would be really helpful if you can spare it. I'll order you another once we finish this. I should have enough col after this anyway." She said before wandering off the path and confronting a pack of wolves that had been prowling there. She swung her weapon at the enemies but missed and ended up with claw marks all over her legs for her troubles. It wasn't much damage, so she didn't really mind it. Her next hit would take most of their health away, and if she got lucky it would also deal her damage over time which would finish them off. She raised her katana again, gripping it firmly and staring the wolves down. "If you want to give me advice I wouldn't mind that Zandra. Just dont interfere, i need to do this solo." She stated, smiling, her visible eye glinting in the light. 

Hakai: 560/600 EN: 60/60 | LD: +3 | Prosperity: +3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

At the Ready: Limbos Claw V1: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze , Limbos Claw V2: 2 Paralyze, 1 Bleed

Wolf: 300/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0

Edited by Hakai

The feeling Ove had before started to flow away and I started to feel relaxed again. Just as when I myself was searching for Zita. Me myself had also felt frustrating and irritated. And several eagles had fallen infront of the sharp edge of my dagger that was my main weapon back then. Then Hakai accepted my offer about the food. Thou I, of course, didnt send it right away. Wouldnt be very good to send an item into a battle when you are in the middle of it. So I decided to keep the window open but didnt pressed accept. "Crap!" I said quietly when the blonde missed her first attack and the wolfs countered, making several red markings on the young girl. What she said next actually suprised me. She wanted for me to give her advice. Advice for what? She seemed to be handle the fight pretty easily so it didnt had to be combat related. "Ehm... maybe stupid question but, advice for what?" Then I spotted some noble wood that could be useful for our ship. I quickly bent down and picked it up.

ID: 71165
LD: 20 +1 Noble wood

Edited by Zandra

ID# 71099 results:

Battle: 6 Hit! 3x3x8=72 DMG AOE (Amatsu no Homura: 3x3 AOE)

MOB: 10 crit hit!

Hakai raised an eyebrow as Zandra asked what she meant by advice. "Well... For fighting of course. Your the frontliner." She said with a smirk. "I just dont want you to get bored standing on the sidelines. Where are the secret frontliner tips or whatever?" She said before raising her katana and giving two practice sweeps in the air on either side of her. She grinned at the wolves and then charged forwards, slashing her sword in three wide arcs around her, dealing a good bit of damage to the enemies. They counter attacked and bit at her legs viciously, but once again she wasnt all that worried about the damage. She had plent yof health and Zandra could always step in if she needed help for some reason. She doubted it would come to that though. The wolves had done quite a bit of damage to her already, but she wasnt about to be defeated by them, although maybe after this fight she would switch something out for her armor.

Hakai: 512/600 EN: 42/60 | LD: +3 | Prosperity: +3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

At the Ready: Limbos Claw V1: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze , Limbos Claw V2: 2 Paralyze, 1 Bleed

Wolf: 228/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0

Edited by Hakai

As I guessed, it was about figthing. But the reason she wanted from me, Zandra, actually surprised me a bit. I was a frontliner after all. With only three players beating me in level. All these time out in the field had given me experience. Not level up experience, but lifeexperience. Ive been thru events that had strengthen my mind and boosted my courage. So I could stand and fight, even if the odds at the moment would be against me. But was there any specific advices, tricks, that had made her reach this far. Except hard training of course. "Well, Im not sure I can spill any secrets yet. But also, Im not even certain we have any secrets for nonfrontliners to begin with. Since you can just ask, almost, anyone of us and we will gladly help out as good as we can." I scratched my cheek to found out some figthing tricks. "Well, since the last or second last update, a twohanded weapon or martial arts is the best choice most of the time. Unless you are using a shield which removes that option." I rubbed my cheek and started to figure out more tricks that would be helpful.

ID# 71100 results:

Battle: 4 (Using turn action to switch gear. no attack)

MOB: 6 Hit 4 Dmg

Hakai nodded as Zandra spoke. It was like she suspected, the metagame for this game hadn't evolved very much. It seemed as though no one was taking advantage of the loopholes in skills or attacks in order to get ahead. That was a bit of a disappointment. It seemed as though strategy in this game consisted of damage dealers, tanks, and healers, with really no other strategy. What the frontlines needed was more variety in build types and someone strategically minded enough to put teams together that complimented each other in order to get the maximum. She would have to do something about that once she rose to the top and established her dominance over the rest of the players. "I suppose youll just have to be bored and watch me fight then." She said to Zandra as she opened up her menu and switched her gauntlet on in place of the claw. She just didn't want to risk taking too much damage.

Hakai: 508/600 EN: 42/60 | LD: +3 | Mitigation: 54 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

At the Ready: Limbos Claw V1: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze , Limbos Claw V2: 2 Paralyze, 1 Bleed, Eris Gauntlet: 54 Mit

Edited by Hakai

I shrugged my shoulders as I couldnt find out something else that was special for the frontliners. It was just the normal thing thru all ranks. Tanks, DPS and healers. Well, ther was one I knew about, sonce Ive fougth him not to long ago. Thou he had been using another kind of strategy was probably because of his demonic that belonged to the unique skill he got from another player that was a frontliner awhile back. Thou the same as with my spouse, the former leader for the only guild Ive been in has also disapeared and I havent herd of him. By know Im the only one left from velvet room. "Nah, Im fine. Thou I cant say its extrmly fun just looking at someone else fight. But its okay. At least I can talk with you. And about how it looks on frontlines, sadly it is like in most other games. You are either a tank, a DPS or a healer. Thou myself I think that the healer roll is used wrong. But since its the best for me profitvice, I dont argue. Dont take me wrong. Its just that if none really needs healing, why would I just sit idle and wait for someone to do need when I can do things that would actually reward me in some way other then just a thanks that is only said because of politeness?"

ID# 71101 results:

Battle: 8 Hit! Envenom Activated!  Tsumuji Guruma: 1x1 AOE= 8 DMG

MOB: 9 Hit!= 1x4=4 dmg

Hakai nodded to her and turned on her heel, her katana flying out and slicing into all of the wolves. It dealt a minimal amount of damage, but the green marks where her blade had slashed them showed the true purpose of the weak attack. It saved energy and also would end up dealing quite a bit of damage over a short amount of time. "I dont think it's used right either. In my opinion all healers should have a mix of damage and healing skills. In this game its a mistake to invest in a skill like healing alone. Healers should be dealing damage and avoiding hate whenever they dont need to heal. This is a fighting game, and healers have an incredibly important role, although not the one most people think. Supports aren't the backup that does nothing until someone takes damage, they need to be up there hacking and slashing and doing whatever bit they can while the tank keeps the focus and the damage dealers do the big damage." She nodded to herself, ignoring the attacks of the wolves. "Scouts need to be in battle too, for col gathering purposes. Damage dealers deal damage until the scouts can get last hit. More col for everyone. This whole frontline group needs to gather together as a single force, not some collection of guilds and solo individuals. They need someone to lead them and use everything this game has given to us to get to the end. The only reason we beat the bosses now is because we're over leveled. Later on we'll need tricks and organization."

Hakai: 504/600 EN: 42/60 | LD: +3 | Mitigation: 54 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

At the Ready: Limbos Claw V1: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze , Limbos Claw V2: 2 Paralyze, 1 Bleed, Eris Gauntlet: 54 Mit

Wolf: 208/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 3/4]

Wolf: 208/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 3/4]

Edited by Hakai

As I listened to Hakai, I walked over to a nearby tree, leaned my back on it and crossed my arms. As I herd her my mouth turned to a smile. I couldnt wait for her to reach the frontlines. This was exactly what they lacked there. A person that was both clever and made herself herd. People would listen to her, that I can bet a large sum of col on. Me myself, even if I did think these thougth, I rarely shared them at the meetings. It was a bad habit of mine. As a solo player, I have started to realise my voice was mostly ignored. On the latest meetings, I had opened my mouth. But my point of view was quickly unprioritized by the others comments. I knit my fist as I remembered the latest Takao was holding. That meeting I would keep in my mind for a long time. "We really gonna need youre presence there. Someone like that are needed. Just make sure you joins a guild. Ive learned by personal experience that they often ignores us solo players." Another smile on my face when I saw a poison status effect appear on the wolfes. As I realised I could find mmore wood, I quickly putted on my other halfmask and immediatly found another piece.

ID: 71168
LD: 16+2=18 +1 Noble wood

Total: 2 Noble wood

Edited by Zandra

ID# 71103 results:

Battle: 3

MOB: 7 Hit: 4 dmg

Hakai nodded to Zandra. "I'm not about to join one of those guilds and put myself under someone elses power. I'll be making my own guild, one based around my own views and beliefs about this game. I don't think it will be very hard to get members to start it." She said. "I have a vision of a guild that take low leveled players and turns them into warriors. One that will take them aside and help create ingenius new builds and parties that will help us win." She said passionately to Zandra, once more ignoring the attacks of the wolves. Her poison would do it's thing while she waited. She didn't see any point to wasting energy when she could just get damage without. It wasn't like she was in danger. She smiled thinking back to her idea. She already had some pretty cool build ideas, she just needed people to test them out.

Hakai: 500/600 EN: 43/60 | LD: +3 | Mitigation: 54 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

Wolf: 196/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 3/4]

Wolf: 196/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 3/4]

Edited by Hakai

Oh. At first I looked surprised. The girl had talked about just a few minutes ago that she back outside this death game was a player that liked player kill from ambushes and other stuff. What she now said was not like that. So she wanted to create her own guild. "That is some really big plans you got there. Thou I dont doubt you gonna success. If there ever is something you need, advice or something else, just ask. I do have alot of experience on leading guilds from just a few members to some with several hundred. Both of them was fun on their own way." I nodded to the making low levels into warriors. "Yeah, that would definitely be a good thing. I would be appreciated from many. Do you have any special builds you have in mind? If you wanna share them I will gladly listen to what you have to say." It was getting kinda boring with everyone just going for max damage, defence or so. Thou I know I was one of them myself. My goal was to be the highest damage dealing support player. Then I would be of most use to help other players as well to my own progression. That was when I spotted another piece of wood and putted it into my inventory.

ID: 71169
LD: 17+2=19 +1 Noble wood

Total: 3 Noble wood

Edited by Zandra

ID# 71120 results:

Battle: 9 Crit Hit! Envenom and Blight activated 8+1(Crit)x9= 81 DMG

MOB: 5 Miss

Quick Change Activated: Switching to Limbos Claw V1

Hakai glanced over at Zandra. before looking back to the wolves and unleashing a whirlwind of blows, reducing their health even more. Yet another status effect popped up on the wolves health bars. She let go of her katag it up into the air. It shimmered and disappeared, being replaced by another similar looking katana, except with red highlights instead of the green that Limbos Fang had. She caught the new katana and prepared to use it in place of Limbos Fang. She was all set to stack up as many status effects on the enemies as she could. "I do Zandra, but there isnt much point in sharing them. They require demonic enhancements and others I just dont have fleshed out all the way. So I'd rather not share for the moment." She stated. Her goal was to let the players pick from the builds she presented them and then let them have the freedom to pick what they wanted to work towards that build. She looked back to the wolves and smirked. She could hardly believe how much health they had lost so quickly.

Hakai: 500/600 EN: 26/60 | LD: +3 | Mitigation: 54| Weapon: Limbos Claw V1: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze

At the Ready: Limbos Fang: 2 Blight, 2 Envenom, Limbos Claw V2: 2 Paralyze, 1 Bleed, Eris Gauntlet: 54 Mit

Wolf: 75/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 3/4 (12 dmg a turn)] [Blight: 1/2 (28 dmg a turn)]

Wolf: 75/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 3/4] [Blight: 1/2]

Edited by Hakai

I looked at Hakai with a raised eyebrow. Why didnt she wanted to tell me about any of her build ideas? There was also a little tricky thing. Her builds needed demonic enchantments. As I herd that I couldnt stop another smile growing on my face. "Well, then how are you going to get the demonics? There isnt really that many around. And there is very rarely they drops as well. Mostly only from boss raid fights. Your determination seemes strong, but that isnt always enough sadly." I really seemed like the blonde was burning for this. If I was a low level, I probably would have asked to boin her guild, whenever she makes it. My shoulders dropped as I remembered that myself, I didnt belonged to a guild. One of the few solo players on the frontlines. I switched my attention from the encounter and instead watched the stoneroof above us. Or stonefloor if beeing one the second floor. I let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes. Hakai was figthing and probably would like to focus on that. Then I could take the opportunity and relax while the combat unfolds.

ID# 71129 results:

Battle: 3 Switching gear, no attack

MOB: 4 Miss

Hakai looked over at Zandra, waving her katana at the wolves to keep them back while her damage effects did their work. "Determination is all you need in this game. If your determination is strong you will be too in only a short amount of time." She said to Zandra, giving her a wink. "It wont be long before I have everything I need and after that so will the people in my guild, as long as they keep up the same level of determination that I have." She opened her menu and quickly switched her armor back to the armband that she had been wearing earlier. She had a feeling that she was going to run into another snake soon. She would just have to make do with being vulnerable for now. Her eyes shifted from the wolves back to Zandra once more, wondering what she was thinking at that moment. Maybe that Hakai's ideas were too grandiose for someone of her level. Well, one of the signs of psychopathy was having a grandiose sense of self worth.

Hakai: 500/600 EN: 25/60 | LD: +3 | S+D: 1| Weapon: Limbos Claw V1: 2 Bleed, 1 Paralyze

At the Ready: Limbos Fang: 2 Blight, 2 Envenom, Limbos Claw V2: 2 Paralyze, 1 Bleed, Eris Gauntlet: 54 Mit

Wolf: 35/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 2/4 (12 dmg a turn)] [Blight: 0/2 (28 dmg a turn)]

Wolf: 35/300 | DMG: 10 Mit: 0 [Envenom: 2/4] [Blight: 0/2]

Edited by Hakai

Still my eyes closed, I took another breath. What I herd from the battle it didnt sounded like Hakai was in danger, not even close to. I do know that her level is quite high actually. There is several players Ive adventured with before that didnt even reached the tier two border. Most of the ones I know except the lowlies was my closer friends, most of them frontliners just like me. But with each day passing, more and more players got closer to us. With us is me and the rest of frontliners. Hakai was one of these that was really working hard and I had no doubt her name would be recognized by many. Thou I wouldnt let her journey end here. If she died when I could have prevented it, that would be just terrible. Almost like with that irritating boy so many months ago. But the difference was that him I wanted to die. I opened one of my eyes. A smirk on my lips. The wolfes was close to done for but the blonde had plenty of HP left. Poor wolfes...