[PP-F1] Let's get Dangerous (Aereth)

It takes three seconds for something to go from "good" to "really, really bad."

In about half that time, Corvo managed to score the killing blow on a boar and find himself faced with two others. "You've got to be kidding me," he growled as data streamed away from his victim and scattered back to rejoin Aincrad in wide open white space. Two at once? I'm good, but I don't know if I'm that good just yet." His gaze moved from one to the other, then away as he considered a third option. "Gahd dammit," the assassin muttered, "I can't just run away."

He spun the blade deftly in hand and twisted his body to face both beasts in a low, balanced stance. "Dunno how I'mma pull this off," he said, "but I'M HAVIN' PORK FOR DINNER TONIGHT, LADIES!" With that, he rushed forward into the thick of two very grumpy boars, both of whom wanted nothing more than to fill him full of holes and send him packing right off Aincrad. In their bestial red eyes, he saw his own expression reflected.

"Let's do this," he hissed as his body moved completely on instinct. It would be several moments before he engaged them proper, more than enough time for someone to notice his predicament and wedge themselves into it, if they felt the unction. That said, he fully expected to go this alone, and he wasn't going to go begging for help. He'd made his bed, and he'd lie in it.

"Okay," he huffed as he dodged out of the way of one attack, "you're definitely a Sally," he pointed to the first boar with the tip of his blade, spinning his body out of the way of its vicious attempts to gut him. "And you?" he called as the second boar flailed its head in his direction. "You're a Bob. No one likes Bob. I'm gonna have fun kickin' your ass." Corvo launched himself airborne, a quick spin that took him over the creature's head and landed him at its flank.

"Sally," he nodded, "Bob. Good to meet you both. This here-" he stroked his dagger with one hand, "this is Victoria. She's good an' hot, and she wants to taste yer blood. Don't be shy."

Both boars snorted their indignation, though neither understood what the hell he was saying.

WHY WAS HE TALKING TO BOARS ANYWAY?

"Yeah, okay, I'm bored, and I'm stuck inside a video game. Sue me."

Dude. Don't talk to the narrator. Fourth wall breaks aren't cool.

"You're not cool."

@Aereth

Aereth walked through the forest of the first floor and was on his way back to the town of beginnings, since he finished a simple fetch quest today. He was thinking about what he would do for the rest of the day. Today was his lazy day, because his mentor Itzal had to do some things on his own, and Birdie was working in her shop.

After a few minutes his eyes saw an unknown player struggling against two boars. Silently he made his way over to the player, and made sure he didn't notice Aereth. Aereth made his way up into the tree crowns to get a better overview over the whole situation. It seemed like the player was struggling against two low leveled boars. But the funnier thing was that he was also talking to them. He even gave them names as he dodged every hit the two boars tried to land on him. This made Aereth chuckle. "He's talented." He thought as he observed every move this new player made. "His speed is pretty good for such a low leveled player."

Aereth stood on the branch and watched this scenario for some minutes. Then however, the boars started to gain the upper hand in the fight. As Sally  was charging at the player from behind, Aereth instantly unsheathed his sword, and within the blink of an eye he vanished from the branch.

He reappeared behind the player, and with one hit the boar was split into half. "Watch your back buddy." he told him as he pushed him to the side and charged another sword art. He then intercepted Bob, and also killed him with one hit. "Greetings. The name's Aereth." He said to him as he sheathed his weapon on his back and offered him a hand.

@Corvo

"Well, smack my ass and call me Cindy," Corvo hooted, "that was unexpected."

He watched as the two creatures were removed from the playing field and turned his gaze toward the newcomer, Aereth. "I coulda taken 'em," he sulked for a heartbeat as the man introduced himself. "Oh well, though. They're dead, I'm not- that was the plan from the get go, so it looks like you done me a favor. I guess I owe you one." Corvo blinked. "I don't like that. How can I make it up to you so we're even?"

Where had the man come from? That' what Corvo wanted to know. His eyes moved between different angles of approach, and none of them made sense. At least, they didn't make sense in the straightforward way. If the man had literally appeared from nowhere, he could chalk it up to some skill that he hadn't encountered yet. Was stealth a thing in Sword Art? If so, then he needed to take the time to invest in it. No good killer wants to attack head on, after all.

"Name's Corvo, by the way. Corvo the Crow. I kill things." Abrupt and crass as ever, the man split no hairs about who he was or what he did. He looked Aereth up and down, noting the light armor and his choice of weaponry. They had a similar skillset, at least. Aereth was slightly ahead in terms of level.

"So..." he began, not sure where to go from that point. Talking to people was literally the last thing on his to do list. It happened sometimes, obviously. "...know any hot chicks?"

Edited by Corvo

Aereth chuckled at the the first comment the unknown player made. Cindy then told him that he could have easily taken them on by himself, and that he owed Aereth one. Still chuckling Aereth answered. "Don't mention it." Aereth swiped open his menu and checked the time. It wasn't dark yet and they could easily go out and hunt some boars, or gather some materials if they wanted. "If you want, I could help you with some things like gathering, or killing some f*ckings boars. Followed by some senseless drinking? I was about to head back to town, but I've got some spare time."

As the man introduced himself as Corvo the Crow and that he kills things, Aereth rose an eyebrow. His cursor wasn't indicating him as a PKer and he seemed rather low leveled, so Aereth said: "Kill things? What exactly do you kill, my friend." Aereth also noticed that Corvo was checking out his equipment.

As Corvo asked Aereth if he knew any hot chicks, he could not restrain himself from letting out a loud laugh. "Pretty straight forward huh." He thought and answered. "Unfortunately not my friend, but judging from the look of both of us, we shouldn't have problems in meeting some, huh?

@Corvo

"Fighting things and drinkin'?" Corvo replied with a hint of excitement in his voice. "Mother F**K, I LOVE THIS GUY." He took a step forward and extended his hand in a merry shake. "I got all the time in the world," he replied. "Not leavin' anytime soon."

The man seemed taken aback by his greeting, and Corvo blinked. "Why," he answered, "whatever it is needs killin', friend," the Crow spun his weapon deftly in hand and cut idly into the virtual data that made up his flesh. He didn't seem to pay any mind to how it diminished his health. "What else would I kill? I ain't fussed, and ain't much else to do."

Aereth seemed the type of fellow he could get along fine with. No abrupt qualms with his demeanor- hell, the man even seemed content to play along. He liked that. "Tell ya what," he lifted his pinky finger and pointer in the heavy metal 'devil horns' fashion, and grinned wickedly, "let's slay us a few boars, then see what happens when we get back to town."

@Aereth

Edited by Corvo

Aereth chuckled at the excited reaction of Corvo as he suggessted to go out for some grinding followed by some drinking. "Good to hear my friend. Here's the plan. I'll draw the attention of the higher leveled boars, gather their hate, and then you come in and attack them. Any questions?"

"If you intend to harm the innocent, then let me give you an advice buddy. Watch your back. You never know what is waiting in the shadows." Right now Aereth didn't know what he should thing about this crazy guy. If he really wanted to kill innocent people, he would have no other choice but to cut him down, but if Aereth could somehow manage to pull him on his side, to turn him into a player killer killer just like he was.... Aereth sighed, and decided to think about this at a later point. 

Corvo then lifted his pinky finger and pointer in the heavy metal 'devil horns' fashion and grinned. Aereth returned the grin and answered. "Let's get going then." With that the two players made their way into the forest of floor one.

@Corvo