[PP-F6] What is that? part 1 (Itzal)

I stretched my arms high in the air, as I do every morning. Also a long yawn exited my wide open mouth. I rubbed my eyes with my fists to get the sleepiness away. As I pushed myself out of the bed, I wlaked up to the window, as I did every morning. My crimson eyes looked at the sun that just was rising over the horizon. It was still early in the morning, but I and another person, a guy, that Ive started to learn from a long gathering to build a ship, was going to do some serious hardcore dungeonhunting. He himself was a scout-build. So it wouldn’t be so hard for him. But I had just invested some skill points in those skills and dropped by a special artisan to get an extra item to boost my searching skills. Well, enough time wasted at the window. I thougth to myself and pulled my eyes away from the hypnotizing ocean. I steared my steps out of the bedroom and down the stairs to the bottom floor. Here I passed my potions and crystals and exited thru the door. I headed to Zugaikotsushima, the main settlement of floor sixteen. Thou dungeon hunting on this floor would be way to hard for just me and him. Instead they had agreed to meet ten floors down, in Amazon. And a few minutes later, I exited the warp gate and sat down on a bench, waiting for @Itzal

Not long ago, Zandra had messaged him asking to go dungeon clearing with her.  He saw no reason why not to and they had traded information until they decided to do the lowest dungeon possible, due to neither of them being mainly damage or tank focused builds.  He was quite excited to be getting back into a dungeon again but now that he was back on this floor...  He remembered why he avoided it so much.  His deep purple trench coat flowed through the air as he quickly walked through the village with his hood up.  The last time he was here multiple girls had come to him to chat, wanting to hang out.  It didn't help whatsoever that Beatbox was there, in fact he made the entire situation much much worse for poor Itzal.  He scanned the area for any player and when he was a few feet from the teleporter he spotted Zandra quickly.  He made his way over and sat down.  With his hood up it kept most of the women from turning to him, but he could tell that one or two were beginning to recognize his purple coat and silver vest underneath.  "Hey Zandra.  You ready to get started?"  He wanted to jump right in this and avoid as much embarrassment as he possibly could.

@Zandra

OOC- Rank 5 S&D + 5, Twilight cloak + 3, Reveal + 2, Detect + 1 = + 11 LD when searching for Dungeon, + 8 LD when searching for materials, and + 13 LD when searching for mobs/npcs/players

I haven’t waited long until the man that was going to join up on todays hunting showed up. By some reason, he seemed a little different compared to how he used to be back down on one. This wasn’t so high up that it would be any real danger for him to be outside the safezone. He also had a purple hood, looking like he wanted to hide himself. An eyebrow rose as he approached. I greeted him with a quick hug and a friendly smile. Was there something with this place? Since he seemed to want to get away from here as soon as possible. ‘’Well, Im fully ready to went out into the wild, looking for a dungeon. But first I gotta ask you something.’’ I looked at him with my crimson eyes, trying to read his face. ‘’How are you feeling? You seemed way different compared to the Itzal I was gathering fat and wood with. Have something happened?’’ I realised to late that maybe Ive gone to far.

He was relieved when she said she was prepared to head out but then she asked him a question.  When she asked he wondered if she meant this current moment or overall.  If she had meant overall he had a lot going on but didn't want to unload it all on her.  She didn't deserve it.  So he just assumed she was talking about this current moment.  "Well, in the real world, due to bullies and jerks, whenever I wasn't hiding at school, or escaping the others, I locked myself in my bedroom.  I've had no social practice save for this world thus far and...  Well.......  A floor with nothing but female nps..."  His face reddened slightly as he worried that she might laugh as well as he could tell one of the girls recognized him.  She looked at Zandra as if to say 'lucky' but of course Itzal was already taken, not by Zandra but by Kasier.  Except that relationship was a bit shaky at the moment.  Itzal had made a mistake and he was killing himself over it.  For now however he needed to focus on the dungeon they planned to find.

As I listened to the reason why Itzal looked so different, I nodded to show I understood. ‘’I know how you feel Itzal. To be honest, that is my life as well before I entered this death game. So of course we c get out of here. Come on.’’ I said. As I followed his look to female not that far away, theat female seemed to by some way recognise Itzal. First I was thinking about taking his hand to show that he was already taken and not worth troubling. But then it struck me, maybe it would show other signals as well. What if they knew about Kasier, and was gonna tell her that Itzal was cheating on her. Or maybe they would thing Itzal is a player, chaning girls as chaning underwear. So instead I laid my arm on his shoulders with a wide grin on my face. ‘’Let the pirates search for treasureisland begin!’’ I said with a cheerful voice and started to steer my steps towards the outskirts of Amazon.

When Zandra replied he nodded.  It seemed most gamers weren't good with social skills.  Except Itzal had learned quickly.  It's just he wasn't good with girls was all.  He felt Zandra put her hand on his shoulder with a wide grin and after she spoke Itzal gave a nervous chuckle and nodded, the two of them heading out.  As they did he could feel three pairs of eyes watching them.  However when they left the town behind he let out a sigh of relief and pulled down his hood and smiled.  "Thanks Zandra.  Ok then, now that that's out of the way.  How've you been lately?  And was that man who uh, didn't do anything the first time your..  Never mind.  Either way I didn't catch his name."  He had no idea if it was appropriate to ask of someone was a boyfriend or girlfriend of the other person.  If someone asked him he'd openly admit that he had a relationship with Kasier. 

@Zandra

As they had leaved the town behind them, Itzal finally seemed to relax. He also pulled down his hood and shoed his black-haired head. First, I had a calm smile on my lips as he asked me how Ive been lately. Thou it sounded like he was going to say more, so I let him speak until he was finished. What he said next thou, removed my curved lips into a straight line and my eyes focused on the jungle round them instead. I first was silent for almost half a minute. Then I looked back at him with a sad face. I cleared my throath before answering his question. ‘’Yes, I and him is together. Or at least, that’s what I think. Thou he have been act…’’ I suddenly stopped as I realized I started to open my heart to this man and maybe give him a burden. ‘’Well, his name is Jomei. Ive been fine since last time. Done some training and raised a level or two since our little ship-gathering. How have you been?’’

He felt guilty as she replied after a moment of silence.  He was so terrible with social skills wasn't he?  He seemed to screw everything up wherever he went.  However she didn't seem to take it too hard.  "Jomei.  Well, it's good to hear you've been fine.  As for me...  I'm not sure.  A lot's happened and I'm trying to juggle it all right now.  Part of it is the guild, part of it is the boss raid coming up, part of it is...  More personal.  Honestly this is rather difficult for me.  I think a dungeon might actually do me good.  Get my mind off of recent events."  He sighed.  He didn't want to unload all of this on Zandra even though it was eating him alive.  He didn't want others to have to carry his burden.  Of course he would need to tell someone before long but he didn't realize this.  His eyes scanned the area for materials as they were walking.  He spotted a large pearl hidden in the ground behind a bush and pulled it out, digging a little bit into the ground and pulled out three others before continuing on.

ID#  71420  LD:  17+8

+4 MAT

4 MAT total

Edited by Itzal

Compare me, Itzal was a bit more honest. He actually said that since last time, he didn’t knew have it have been. Seemed to have been quite a lot with guild, the boss raid and some personal matters as well. Then he digged out some materials from the ground. Well, pretty effective man there. ‘’Well, doing dungeons can be good to clear ones mind from time to time. Ive actually completed quite a lot of dungeons thru my year and a half in this death world. Thou, from the start, there was no such thing as sub-dungeons. Then you just had to adventuring for skill points. To advance in level was much slower. But on the other hand, to grandmaster skills was cheaper, only thirty compared to todays fifty. How is it going for you?  You said you was doing a scout build right? Getting everything you need?’’ I started to ask him since such thing maybe would pull his mind from what troubled him and make him focus on other stuffs. But maybe I would ask what was troubling him. But that better waited a bit. Until they was more comfortable in each other company.

Itzal nodded when she mentioned how dungeons could be good mind clearing events.  "Yeah, so I've heard.  However the first dungeon I've ever done.  It's boss had a unique ability that drove me crazy.  Needless to say it put thoughts in my head.  Thoughts that haven't left.  Hopefully this dungeon will be much different.  As for my build yeah I'm shooting for all out scout and dps afterward.  I've grand mastered search and detect with reveal and detect mods, haven't claimed night vision or tracking yet.  I have gatherer and I'm working on lock picking.  I have rank two right now."   He opened his menu to check his skills.  "After that I'll be getting the ferocity mods and light armor.  Goodness knows I could use it.  What about you?  What skills does a healer get exactly?"  He knew there was the first aid skill but other than that the concept of healer was beyond him.

@Zandra

I nodded as I herd the scout counting up all skills he had been getting to really be a pure scout. I think that one day, if not already, this man would surpass the current number one scout Takao. After, Itzal countered with the same question to me. My eyes looked turned to the sky and I scratched my neck. ‘’Ehm… Well…’’ I was thinking how to formulate my build. ‘’Lets say like this. Since Healing is so easy, relatively, to max out. Im actually more of a hybrid. The skill first aid together with the field medic mods kinda maxs out what I can do in that area. After that I changed to damage, having grandmastered the two handed battle axe together with master charge. To get the athletic mod Ive also expert my heavy armour. Only way for me to increase my damage by now is by grandmastering charge, getting ferocity and grandmaster sneak and hide for the surprise attack mod. Thou it wasn’t worth it, for me. So I went to start a tank build with howl and at the moment two ranks in block. But just a few days ago, I changed my mind and wanted to do some serious dungeon hunting. So I got that reveal mod. Thou not sure I will grandmaster search and detect. It would be good I know that, but there just is so much else I want as well. And I only have one free skill slot.''

@Itzal

Itzal listened to her talk about the skills and mods she was getting.  He thought about it for a moment.  So she had charge and grandmastered ax skill.  An AoE weapon.  She had the healing skill for those who needed healing.  Then she got heavy armor and she was planning to max out charge and possibly get stealth skill and it's mod but she was low on slots for her skills.  He thought for a moment.  "If that's the case I'd say your like a player I met save for the fact that he had decided this early on.  He wants to be a multi build, or balanced.  He wants to be able to switch between tank, healer and dps during battle and be able to be a scout when outside of it.  He's got it all planned out and he wants to join my guild so we'll all be working with him to see his goal achieved....  If it works out well for him we might make it it's own build.  A new build to the game made for adaptability.  Again though, that would depend on how well it turns out."

@Zandra

I was kinda surprised as I herd that that there was a player that went a hybrid build like I kinda have. I didn’t really wanted to brag but I felt I kinda had to tell him the reason. ‘’Well, its not that I went for a hybrid build. Its just that I have gathered so many skill points so I didn’t knew what to invest them in. I do started with the healer, I intended to be a support build. Since I at the moment, I do have the banner that increases players damage, a demonic that paralyze all enemies on the battlefield, except floor bosses it seems, and the first aid skill ad mod. That is kinda all. Then I just went for pure damage to complete dungeons myself in not to long time. Howl I just picked up since that is one of few ways to keep the aggro on me, so lower levelled players are safe. Since more then once Ive searched for those on low floors to help them get closer to the fronlines.’’

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal nodded as Zandra talked about where she was going with.  "Yeah, I think I'm going to end up being a supporter build too.  After I'm done with my scout build I'll work on damage of course, but I'd like to get the extra weight skill and all it's mods so that I can carry anything.  That way I can toss buff, debuff and healing items in the boss raid.  Full on supporter player eh?  When I'm done with the light armor skill I'll have +4 evasion, but I'll get light armor with MIT for boss battles since they have AoE skills.  At least I can be of use then."  He stretched his arms.  "Ok, so this dungeon.  What do you think it will be?  This is an Amazon, but who knows what Kayaba may have placed.  The one Jonathan and I did ended up being this shadow realm linked to a portal in a HUGE maze like cavern on the seventh floor.  It was weird but rather fun."

@Zandra

I nodded as Itzal explained his future plans to become a supporter as well. When he mentioned he was going for the carrying skill I couldn’t stop a friendly smile on my lips. ‘’Well, you are the second one I ever met that had decided to take it. It would be good I can agree to that, to be able to pop consumables and other things for a longer time. Thou in my opinion, the space we already have is enough. Especially if you gets the dimensional stuffs. I do have that dimensional backpack. Almost got it for free actually. Since before, the merchants used good items as crafting materials. So I gave a friend of mine, that have disappeared now, a ton of good items I got from my alchemy. In return I got a backpack when he could afford it. Win win for both actually.’’

Next the scout beside me asked what kind of dungeon it would be, since its in the amazonas… ish. I scratched my chin as I tohugth. After some thinking I opened my mouth and started talking. ‘’Actually, I have no idea what it is going to be. Since sometimes, Kayaba dosent follow the floor-theme. But it would be cool if it was some kind of Indiana Jones dungeon. Maybe even with some kinds of puzzles. Ive only met puzzles one or two times thus far. That was when doing the Hoya quest with Hirru and Macradon. Then we had to answer riddles to complete the last step of the labyrinth.’’ I took a short paus before I continued. ‘’What do you think it is going to look like mister scout?’’ I finished with a wink.

@Itzal

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal nodded when she mentioned the dimensional gear.  "I have heard about them...  Heard about the pouch and that it's possible to get it as loot.  I intend on getting that sometime soon.  It seems you know more about them than I do though.  However I've never heard about a backpack.  Where would one get that item?"  It was really all he could shoot for at this point.  They didn't have many support players out there in the front lines, and although they were doing well right now, they would need one in the future.  If he could debuff the bosses, buff himself and his allies, as well as use mass healing items and distribute many safeguard potions, then he could be a very good use for the frontlines.  He would of course, at some point work on his damage, but that would most likely be the last thing he did.  Then Zandra told him what the Amazon made him think of.  He grinned.  "Huge boulders, pits of snakes and the like eh?"  Then she asked him what he thought.  He shrugged.  "Nothing can be expected to be honest."  

Edited by Itzal

I nodded in aggrement when Itzal said what he did expect to find. ‘’That sounds more then possible I think.’’ I added to tell him my second thougth. Then I decided to take a look around, maybe I would be able to find a dungeon somewhere. I knew he was the scout, but Ive pretty recently invested in dungeon-searching skill and mod, so could at least give it a try. It also seemed it was the right decision to do. ‘’Hey Itzal, I found something over here.’’ I said over the shoulder to my companion. There was a large boulder that looked out of place. Like in normal videon games where movable items have a slightly different texture then the surrondings. I started to push on it, hopefully it would reveal an entrance on the other side. I felt my muscles working and the boulder moved a little. But after a few seconds I had to step back and take a few breaths. ‘’To heavy for me to move on my own. Can you lend me a hand?’’ I said and prepared to make another try. Together, the two of us moved the boulder and behind it was an entrance to… something.

@Itzal

ID: 72609 LD: 14+8=22 Advanced dungeon found

Edited by Zandra
  • 3 weeks later...

When Zandra had spotted the boulder and tried to move it, Itzal activated his reveal mod and noted that it was a dungeon as well as it's difficulty.  When she asked for his assistance he nodded and walked over.  Every day he worked towards getting stronger so to him the stone wasn't very heavy at all.  He pushed the stone beside her and it rolled quickly out of the way with their combined effort.  After it happened Itzal nodded.  "It's an advanced dungeon.  If we go in we won't be able to come out unless we've killed everything in there."  He turned to look at Zandra.  "I think it's your call since you'll be the main fighter in there.  All I'd be able to do is deal low amount to no amount of damage, save for bleed of course.  So whether we can clear this I think is what you would know.  I don't know all your stats and limits so I can't calculate it myself."  In truth he was beginning to be a little concerned about entering the dungeon.  It was just the two of them and he was pretty much useless. 

@Zandra

• 2 weeks later...

My eyes looked down the hole that was hidden behind the large boulder. It would give some nice skill points to complete it since it was the highest difficulty. I looked at Itzal. He was a scout. Probably the best scout except Takao. But he had gone missing and I haven’t seen him in a long time. But being a scout didn’t gave any benefits when it came to combat. I would have to clear this dungeon on my own. Well not on my own, but I would have to defeat the mobs inside almost on my own since my companions damage output wasn’t that high. ‘’Well, I think I would be able to clear this dungeon. At least the mobs at the start. Thou Im not that sure if I will be able to close to solo the boss. They have got an pretty large buff lately.’’ I said looking at him. I let out a sigh. ’’At least we know the destination of the entrance. Lets head back and gather some other players.’’ I said and started to swipe in the air infront of me. A short while later, I had a dungeon map in my inventory.

Itzal listened to Zandra's words and nodded to her wisdom.  Itzal had a very calculative and rather analytical mind, thinking over every detail and, to be quite honest, he would be nervous if they didn't go with much more help.  This allowed him to give out a mental sigh of relief.  "Alright then."  With that the two turned around and began making their way back.  Itzal kept his eyes out for materials at all times, as usual.  "Sorry that we couldn't go in.  At least we got the map though.  You planning to take that on at a later time?  Or are you selling it?"  Itzal hadn't sold a dungeon map as of yet, so he wasn't sure how much col it would be worth, or how much someone would be willing to pay for it.  Would Zandra know?  He had no clue.  All he knew was that he needed to find someone to sell it too, like a merchant.  Once he did they could buy it from him, and then sell it to others.  Hopefully the agreement would work out.  Other than that, Itzal needed to gather some more materials so that he could sell those as well. 

ID#  74552  LD:  1  Pfft, not my lucky day XD

@Zandra

Edited by Itzal