[PP-F5] Scouting for dungeons and chests <Itzal and Beatbox>

Itzal was working on his lock picking skills and was rather excited to not only find a chest today, but also to find a dungeon and write down it's location and strength.  Recently there had been sent out information that dungeons could now be marked on maps, which meant that if Itzal found a dungeon and drew a map leading to it, then he could sell the map to players wanting to do a dungeon. Very pleased with this information he did not hesitate to head for the lowest floor he could search:  Floor five.  He intended to find a dungeon on each floor and find out which floors players wanted to do a dungeon on.  When he did that then he would focus on those floors, occasionally shooting for different floors to find dungeons players might be interested in.  At the same time while he was looking, he might as well gather col and materials as well.  Stretching he headed out of the town and into the vast desert.  This would be a great opportunity for him to scout the floors as well.

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox laughed as he traveled his way through the fifth floor, he found Itzal. He had been following him for a while wondering how long it would take for him to spot Beatbox. He thought about his false cursor as he followed him, he hated the green cursor that he has. Its a false sense of security, and he wanted to live in the sins that he had performed... however in this world, its impossible. Most of the player stores he could purchase items in were all in the safe zones, heck... the Celestial Ascendants future guild hall would soon be in there too. But he had to grow up and deal with the false marker as he continued in this world, the worst part of all of this... no one in the real world would know the true reason of Sierra's death. Beatbox giggled, he thought of Hakai speaking in his mind saying "Someone would care?". At this point he expected that Itzal would turn around in surprise noticing that he was here, Beatbox giggled and said "Nice to see you there Itzal, its me Beatbox and not a player killer... well... not a orange player anyways." he giggled.

@Itzal

Itzal had barely gotten far when he detected movement and heard footsteps close behind him.  He turned around and spotted a familiar face, smiling and waving to his friend.  "Hey Beatbox!  Yeah it's good to see you doing better.  How's Hakai by the way?"  He waited for his friend to catch up before giving him a friendly handshake and afterwards placed his hands in the pockets of his trench coat.  "So what have you been up to lately?  I was about to start looking for dungeons to sell maps, as well as possibly find my first chest.  I was a bit excited to find one for a while so I figured why not be the first?  If you want to come that would be great.  We might find some monsters to get some col from along the way and I DESPERATELY need some."  Not only did he plan on giving Beat what he needed to get a unique if one came out, but he also wanted to save up to help donate for a guild hall, as well as in the future get a proper home. 

@Beatbox

Beatbox ignored the handshake, it was impossible for Itzal to possibly fully forgive Beatbox for the sins that he had committed. He giggled and said "You know... I've been hiding from the players that want to kill orange players. The same ol' same ol'. But now i'm green once more, I can rest easy on people wanting to kill me, however that wont stop me from killing myself for giving everyone a false sense of security." he looked over to the side. "Redemption is bulls**t." he said with an angered look. In his honest opinion if you had killed someone, you should remain orange for the rest of your time here, but... unfortunately no one would really want to play this game if that we're the case. He went into his inventory and pulled out his old sword "Sharpened Stardom" and tossed it over to Itzal "Here. Get this sword out of my face." he looked away from the sword and closed his eyes, "The sword only reminds me of the cold day. Its stained. Keep it away from my f***ing face." he waited for Itzal to get the sword away from his vision, he didn't want to see that sword ever again.

@Itzal

- Sharpened Stardom

Itzal noticed his friend didn't accept the handshake and the words he chose afterwards saddened Itzal's heart.  Did Beatbox truly believe there was no redemption?  Teayre believed there was such a thing and that's all she could hold onto.  Or so Calrex told him.  Yet the way she spoke to Beatbox that night.  Did all pkers really believe they were doomed to live this dark life?  Itzal of course believed that there was always repentance if the individual was truly remorseful and gave it their all to turn their backs on that path, which Teayre seemed to be doing.  Then Beatbox tossed Itzal his sword, sharpened stardom, and although surprised, his reflexes caught it out of the air as if he wasn't.  He examined the blade in hand, noticing that it was very much lighter than his own sword.  When Beat told him to discard it he thought for a moment.  Was this to forget?  Or move on?  Either way he wouldn't deny his friend's request.  He turned and located the area he had fought the sand shark and threw the weapon with all his might, watching it swing through the air, glistening and shining in all it's glory during it's decent.  He turned to his friend.  "It's done."

@Beatbox

"No. You don't understand what I meant by that." he opened his eyes and walked over to where he had thrown the sword, picked it up and brought it back to Itzal. "Take it, give it away. Or keep it for memories sake. Or at least whatever good you can find with it." he walked away from Itzal. He stopped a couple of feet away from Itzal and said to him "You would understand why I would like you to keep it if you knew how it feels to kill someone as innocent as the female that I had killed. She thought I was a player named Rain that had tried to take Hakai away from her. And in a way..." he laughed as he turned around to Itzal "... I am. Hakai is mine. I stole her from her in a way." he smirked and walked a little closer to Itzal while going through his inventory equipping his Gauntlets "Brand Deal" and prepared a simple sword art and missed on purpose near Itzal "...the feeling of a monster inside me Itzal. You don't even understand the simplicity that it is. I know Ulises. Alisa told me about him in our downtime. You don't know the first thing to be a monster now do you?" he laughed. His eyes closed a little only squinting at Itzal as he smiled and said "...but that's something you'd never feel." he unequipped his Gauntlets back into his inventory.

@Itzal

Itzal watched as his friend walked over a little ways then returned with the sword.  When he listened to his friend's words he hesitated, but then nodded.  He stored the weapon in his inventory.  "I'll think about it then."  And then his friend went on to talk about the entire event and then faked an attack on Itzal, who didn't budge because he knew his friend would never do such a thing.  After Beatbox finished his explanation there was a silence.  After what seemed like almost a full minute and a half, Itzal gave off a weak chuckle.  "Well...  You might just be wrong about that..."  Itzal didn't look up but closed his eyes.  "I've been told.  By Ulises mainly but also others, both players and AI.  That I've got buried anger inside me.  And.  Multiple AI have told me that if, well, they said when the day comes that someone dies in front of me.  Especially someone I know.  That I would become something else.  That I would become something I fear."  Itzal's hand began to shake and while they could not be seen with his head tilted down, tears started to form in his eyes.  "I, would become wrathful they said...  When I heard it the first time, I didn't want to believe it...  But the more that say it?  The more I begin to wonder if they're right.  So no, Beatbox your wrong.  EVERYONE, has their demons.  EVERYONE, has something they struggle with."  Now he looks up and opens his eyes.  "The difference between people is who chooses to continue the fight against these, and those who give up and are consumed by it."
@Beatbox

Beatbox waited for Itzal to explain to him his whole spiel, when he was done he took a moment to think before laughing. Now this this laugh was not for happiness, not for anger... it felt... rather dark. He turned back around to Itzal and said to him with an angered look "Then kill someone and understand the pain that others will put onto you for a day or two, I know you. You wouldn't survive a f***ing day with that pain. And I know that you couldn't. You want to compare everyone's demons...?" he giggled at the glimpse of Hakai's and his own entwined together and what would happen if someone had found themselves in front of Hakai and himself with their evil intent "Compare it to mine and Hakai's... you wouldn't understand it Itzal. You need to understand how everyone's demon is rather more darker than you think. Everyone has their struggles... but not when its trying to take control of you. Your demon was just lines of code, an error in your mind, a second life that ended before you. Yours... is gone, like that, like an angels kiss." he giggled. He looked back to Itzal with a smirk and said "I understand if you want me out of the guild. I wouldn't blame you, I mean look at me. I'm nothing more than a bringer of death and despair that swooped down and ended someone out of anger." he turned around away from him "Is that someone you trust Itzal?"

@Itzal

Itzal was shocked to hear the dark laughter burst out of the blonde haired player.  This wasn't his friend he knew.  This was someone transformed by pain, grief.  While Itzal didn't know what it felt like to kill, he did know it had an escape.  Yet his friend didn't seem to be seeing it.  He seemed to insist there was no hope for him.  When he talked to Itzal about Ulises and compared it to his own demons.  His and...  Hakai's?  Did she kill someone?  Or have the desire to?  He wouldn't press for answers of course but the seed of curiosity was planted.  It always was.  He was a born scout he found.  Any and all information he needed to collect, or so he felt.  Then he mentioned his being kicked out of the guild and then gave a heavy question.  Itzal was silent for a moment, both to gather his thoughts and give his friend some time to breath and cool off a little bit.  After a moment he spoke.  "Firstly, Ulises was never my demon.  Sure he was a nuisance and he caused plenty of problems, but he was never a demon of mine.  He was an emotion and nothing more.  Secondly, you won't be kicked from the guild.  It was an accident, you didn't really mean to, and you regret your actions.  There's no need to label you and toss you out like that.  We're a family, not a military organization.  Finally, yes.  To an extent.  I trust you because I know you.  If there's a way to learn how to control your anger then you'll find it.  Either that or you'll break down and tell yourself that this is who you are and nobody else, but you won't.  You're strong and you know how to move forward.  So unless you've lost all humanity from an accident, I trust you.  As for the extent, it's a safeguard of mine.  There's always a small section of my mind that stays alert for signs.  I subconsciously fear everyone, not terrified of others but fear as in I respect the danger they pose.  Anyone could attack me but I choose to hope and trust.  If they give off signs I take necessary precautions."  He stopped himself, hoping he didn't go on too long or say the wrong things.  If things turned for the worst...  Well it wouldn't be good for either of them...

"An... accident?" he said with a questioned look and tone, then which switched to anger that lashed out "THAT WAS NO ACCIDENT. I DIDN'T CONTROL MY ANGER AND IT WENT UNCHECKED, AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? IT ENDED SOMEONE." he took a step forward and yelled out "YOU KEPT YOUR ANGER IN CHECK, YOU FOUND LOVE. YOU FOUND EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEEDED TO BE ALIVE." he took a turn away from Itzal and looked forward as tears began to form in his eyes "And I'm stuck with someone that yes I love dearly, but she doesn't fully love me back. I'm stuck known as the guy that killed someone and has a false green cursor, you don't know how much it hurts to have a false green cursor DO YOU?" he lashed out in anger one more time. He took off his necklace and threw it on the ground "I'm a fallen star, not the star everyone wanted. Everything I have worked for, gone. Everyone that I loved knows me as a different person. All because of my god damn anger." he looked at the symbol that was on his necklace and looked away "I don't deserve this." he began to walk away towards a location, he wanted this to all end, if he wasn't going to stop him... well, no one would have to worry about him anymore.

@Itzal

Itzal couldn't believe what he was hearing come out of his friend.  When Beatbox threw the necklace and began to walk away.  What happened to his old friend?  He sighed with frustration when Beat moved too far to hear.  He opened his menu to look at sharpened stardom for a moment.  'Are you going to take this crap?' he thought to himself.  'No' he answered himself.  'Then what are you waiting for?'  Itzal rushed forward, snatching the necklace from the sand and ran with silent speed from much practice.  He spotted a large sloped rock beside where Beat was now walking and ran towards it, leaping onto it, running along the sloped side, and jumped into the air, flipping and positioning himself so that he fell a few feet in front of Beatbox, and landed softly on his feet in a crouch in front of Beatbox, simultaneously stabbing sharpened stardom into the ground in front of him, between the two players.  "So that's it?  You're just going to give up?  One bad thing happens to you and that's it, the world's ended?  No.  I may not know exactly what you're going through Beatbox, but I do know that there have been people who killed out of hatred and raw rage and managed to turn a new leaf.  People who killed for worse reasons than you Beatbox.  But forget about them for now.  You say your a fallen star?  that there's no hope?  Lies.  You have a choice Beatbox:  You can either declare yourself fallen and hopeless, or you can accept who you really are, who I see you as."  He tossed the necklace back to his friend.  "You are a star Beatbox.  The best star that I know.  Ok, maybe the only one I know but I did research in the real world.  None of them were or are as strong as you Beatbox.  Not only that but you're also kind, compassionate.  You say you've fallen but I say you're in orbit.  You can either plummet to earth or use it's gravity to gain power, to make yourself stronger.  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'.  This phrase, while overused at times, is very much accurate.  So don't let it kill you Beat.  Use it to make yourself stronger, both in body and in mind."  He pulled the sword out and held it out to Beatbox, the blade shining in all it's glory and beauty.  "So be the star you were born to be."

@Beatbox

Beatbox laughed, as he caught his necklace, he planned this all ahead. Sure, this green cursor was a pain to him, but it didn't affect him that much as one would expect. He looked at him with a smile and said "Itzal... Itzal, Itzal. The man that thinks ahead, and yet you truly didn't think ahead this time ahead. I was faking this entire time Itzal, sure... this false green marker hurts and it stings a lot, but I've grown from it. I've grown from the day I murdered someone, I've learned to always be the star I've wanted to be. I just wanted to see how'd you react in a situation like this where you cant think at all. Let your heart guide the way Itzal, not your mind okay?" he patted his back. "this situation is nothing more like combat, you must act on the fly, there is no time to think about it my friend. This was mere a way to show you what I meant about that. Your heart already knows what it wants to do, you're just too scared that it might end out the way it shouldn't... and try to find a way around that ending. When in reality, that ending will come if you spend the time thinking. Being a scout doesn't mean you should be thinking 24/7, just need to think and react by the fly, time is of the essence." he smiled and extended his hand "and I just realized... I kind of don't have a sword at the moment, may I have mine back please?" he asked nicely with a "I win" face.

@Itzal - Gotcha ;)

Itzal's face didn't change as he took in his friend's words, processing them swiftly.  While his friend smiled, thinking he had won, Itzal gave out a soft sigh as he handed the blade over.  He didn't say it but he disagreed with Beatbox.  Emotion was untamed, uncontrollable, and very much irrational.  The last time he trusted his emotions full time, well.  It hadn't ended well.  His thoughts drifted to his little mistake with Kasier but quickly refocused his attention.  No, he was a fast thinker and during combat it hadn't let him down yet.  Plus, what that boss had said to him...  He was afraid of his emotions.  He needed them intact and secure in a lock and key.  However while he disagreed with Beatbox, that didn't mean he would ignore him.  He gave a low chuckle.  "Man, you're the craziest.  Testing a friend like that.  Someone else would have gotten pissed, you realize that right?  Either way, here's your sword and it's good to see it hasn't broken you my friend.  However next time, if you want to tell me something.  Let's just talk ok?  No more trickery...  I found out the hard way that that's not the way to go...  At all."

@Beatbox

Beatbox retrieved the blade and looked at it and smiled "Itzal, I've grown as a person in the past few months. I have lived my childhood memories, and I think that its time for one more change with me Itzal. I've already placed an order through Aereth on my new armor, this time around... its not entirely flashy. I like the new transformation if you ask me." he giggled. "I desire to gain more leadership values more than just being the bright light in the middle of everyone's lives, I want to lead people. Hell, if I wasn't in our guild I'd start my own after these events..." he laughed "Everything I've learned through everything, I need to learn to be a leader... make bold decisions, make stupid decisions just to help slash save others. It is time Itzal." he patted his back and sheathed his sword "I'll cherish being the star of aincrad for a good minute, I'll never forget this one blade, because this one blade had brought me good and horrific memories that I'll never forget, ever. And I am glad that you we're part of it Itzal. This guild had brought me nothing more than people I'd consider family. You, Kasier, Morgenstern, Birdie, everyone."

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Beatbox speak, making a few comments along the way.  "Not as flashy eh?  I have to admit that while I had nothing against it, I never did care for things that draw attention.  I guess I'm more of a low profile kind of guy."  Then Beatbox mentioned wanting to be a leader and to this he was interested.  Itzal had never really believed himself to be a leader.  He believed in teamwork.  That's why there were four paladins, councilmen.  Four members working together rather than one supreme ruler.  Like in the knights of the blood oath for instance.  However he believed that if they were in a tight situation, the player who was best qualified for the scenario should temporarily lead and help organize everyone and give out instructions to get the job done quickly and efficiently.  Afterwards resuming the role of paladin.  When Beatbox finished Itzal smiled and returned the friendly pat.  "I'm always here Beat.  Even if one day you end up deciding to leave the guild, I'm always open to you."  Itzal began scanning the area again before stopping as he saw something odd about one of the large stones.  He made his way over then discovered a...  lever?  He pulled it and hidden doors opened up on the cliff side.  Itzal opened his eyes a little wider as he wondered if it were possible...  For short people to have built this.  But no, there were signs of them on higher floors.  They must be moving up higher he thought.  Was there a frame of time between each move?  Or was all this pre determined?  He turned to Beatbox.

ID#  71785  LD:  8+11=19  Beginner Dungeon Found

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

"Well... that was quick." he said as Itzal had found the dungeon that quick, Beatbox didn't think it would be that easy to find a dungeon like that... however, Beatbox didn't want to clear this dungeon with him... "Itzal get this to the guild or sell it, we don't need to go in there just yet... unless you want to get the SP now, but I am fine without going in there." he said with a smile and patted his shoulder. He had a sudden realization and said to him "Oh yeah, before I forget... remember that col I needed for the unique that may be coming out soon? Well, the time is ticking and the next boss raid is coming up... VERY close, and I want the col before the raid... do you mind if you could give it to me now or... are you still trying to get it? I'm at 96,000 at the moment, and I need 54,000..." he said looking down like he was asking for too much.

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Beatbox' suggestion and nodded.  He went ahead and marked the location, then flipped the lever, the hidden doors closing once again.  He pulled out the physical map he drew and made a mark of his own there, putting it back into his inventory afterwards.  He listened to what Beat requested and didn't hesitate to open his menu, and send the sum to his friend.  He looked at his amount after the transfer.  "I've got nine thousand left.  I can save up and just continue donating to the guild after this.  I never expected to get a unique skill anyways.  After the guild hall is complete I'll save up for a house.  Hey, if you choose a unique that comes out?  Make it a good one."  Itzal winked at his friend and looked around.  He was wondering if they would find a chest somewhere, but they would have to search a while.  He turned to Beatbox.  "If you want we could look for a chest.  It might take a while though, up to you."

@Beatbox

Transferred 54k to Beat

Beatbox had received the 54,000 and looked towards Itzal with a surprised look, he didn't think Itzal was actually going to give Beatbox that whole amount... "Dude are you sure? Because there is still a chance that I might not even get this thing... theres a chance that i'll choose a false rumor..." he shook his head and said "...well I guess that's the risk you, I, and hikoru are taking for myself to get a unique... I've got one chance to get this unique... I won't let you two down, even if its a unique I don't really want... I'll still make the best of it I suppose." he said with a wink before putting the col into his, he looked back to Itzal and said after asking him the question "Well... if it takes a while... we might as well go out to fight something since I am terrible at finding materials... but it's up to you if you want to or not, I don't mind either or." he said with a smile. 

@Itzal

Itzal nodded with a straight face when Beatbox questioned if he was serious.  "I promised I'd help you out with that, and if I'm not getting a unique there's no reason to rush now is there?  And if the rumor is a dud I guess you could always, pay me back?"  He grinned to his friend to show he was joking.  "Hopefully I'll find something that will help me with my scouting skills, though I doubt it.  This game isn't treating me nicely it seems.  Oh well.  I've got Kasier and I can't ask for more to be honest.  I have rank three in lock picking so if we find a chest I think I have a good chance to get us something good.  When I get the mod and rank four, I'll get an item to increase the rank to five and bam.  Maxed it out and on to the next mods.  I want to get the night vision mod and tracking mod.  After I get those mods I might work on stealth at long last.  I've had it sitting there, unused for the longest time...  I think it's getting closer to the time for me to master it.  I'm up for a fight if that's what you'd like.  It give me the chance to get some of that col back."  he chuckled at his poor joke.

@Beatbox

"I mean, I am not going to stop growing as a player. As of the recent I have been slacking off and been slowing down, however I will be setting myself out there doing more and more quests one by one till I have completed all of them. I shall be able to pay you back without much time and effort at all." he said towards Itzal with a wink. He listened to Itzal speak and he laughed "Now, I don't really know anything about scouting... but, all I know is that I took the easy build in this world which is DPS. You don't really need to worry about a lot of skills, just ones that can deal damage. However with my future build I am going more defensive, I will look different and I will be abandoning status conditions and will be focusing on a build to keep myself alive. Because that's the one thing I'm gonna need in the future... I need to stay alive." he said as he looked a direction outwards into the distance away from Itzal.

@Itzal