[PP-F5] The Theft Chronicles <<Arabian Nights, First Night>>

Sey decided to visit a bar, but not for the drinks. If one could simulate getting drunk, the result would probably be a very unfortunate one since the game is designed to really make you feel effects. So nothing would be able to numb the effects of getting drunk. But there was more to a bar than just that, it was a place for members to just hang around and have a good time while they were not fighting outside in the daytime, but would rather not go to sleep. Still however, Sey did like some Cider, and it looked very much like an alcoholic drink with the color and the fizz. So he'd order that in order to simulate drinking, though he made sure to drink in portions, rather than chugging it all down. To his left, he'd hear a man a few barstools away crying his eyes out. "Hm? Is he drunk?" The snow-haired player would ask to himself as he would look a bit further. Nothing of a hiccup would emit from his lips, so perhaps he was sober. But for what reason though? At a bar?

@Morgenstern

OOC: Welcome to the Hero Route of the quest :3

Edited by Sey
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sey make sure you add that we are doing Hero Route in your first post.... 

Jonathan stood on the fifth floor. It was night so it was not as hot as usual so he would look around a bit. He never spent much time on this floor due to its extreme temperatures. Now its was night and much calmer than usual. He peered into a bar seeing a familiar snow haired player. Jonathan smiled and opened the door walking forward. He slid into the seat by the man and said, Well long time no see. I have not seen you in a while. Speaking of which I have not seen you on the roster. How come? Jonathan ended with a friendly smile. The man looked much stronger and confident than before. He probably had been engaged in immense training. Then the blond looked to the man next to him. He was obviously drunk and looked a tad bit depressed. Jonathan smiled and said Hey man what is up? The man laughed and said Just thinking about a cave of wonders. Controlled by thieves with millions of col worth inside of it. It has riches beyond wildest dreams. Jonathan smiled to him and said, Hey that would be nice to find now wouldn't it? 

(Sey, You ask the next question that way we can have a longer RP)

Sey would have his eyesight blocked by a sudden blonde that say down right next to him, only for that blonde to be a familiar one. One of the first ones he had seen in the game if he was correct. This one in particular also placed a smile on his face as he would be asked about why he was not on the guild roster. Going straight down to business. "I haven't met all the Paladin's yet I'm afraid. I have one more to go. Itzal is a real friendly guy, and Hikoru seems really chill despite his extreme level of strength. Then that makes the last one Kasier, and I have yet to find her." He'd explain before the man who seemed drunk was the center of attention. Apparently treasure had been found? "If that's the case, what is the problem?" He'd ask, tilting his head to the side, very curious as to how this will work now. The man would look back towards the two players with sorrowful eyes upon hearing that question. "Well... My brother... He... He... He got captured when the thieves who owned the caves when we went in..." The man explained in a voice so soft, it nearly cut off in a whisper.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened to the snowhaired boy who apparently met all paladin's but Kasier. Yeah.. Sorry for the delay. We have been having a few issues on leadership in the guild. We are getting it sorted and problems have been majorly reduced. Things work well when you have multiple people working towards one goal. Sey turned to speak with the man as well and the man just began to spill. His brother was lost to the thieves and the man's voice faded off. A few seconds passed and it was all complete silence. Jonathan thought for a second, causing the gears in his mind to turn. Where might this cave be for u to rescue your brother. The drunk man gasped, as if he realize what he just had said. A few seconds later he cleared his throat and closed his eyes. The pirates have moved and have made camp far north of here. They have my brother hostage. Will you save him? I can pay you for your hard work, and in large amounts. Jonathan smiled to the man and nodded, I will save your Brother. Sey, can tag along if he wants. Jonathan accepted the quest with a smile. It appears we are to be doing a quest again. Don't worry thoug. I am much stronger than before. I have Grandmastered my block skill. 

There were some complications? This was not the rate that he was supposed to get accepted into the guild at? Well that stung, Sey was so sure that he was doing so well. Placing is hand up behind his head, he would scratch it and chuckle a little bit, humbling himself. "Oh, nah. It's chill. I don't mind, I'll just keep trying to hunt her down in my own spare time." The snow-haired boy would explain before the man would be the center of attention once again. Apparently he was offering a huge lump sum for the well-being of his brother. Now THAT was an enticing offer. "Sure, I'll help as well. But don't think you're the only one who's been progressing in the game. I hopefully will serve you some use this time." He would explain as he pulled out his inventory before equipping the Memorilia Spear into his grip, a weapon much more advanced than the petty starter spear. This should serve him well enough in their upcoming fight.

Jonathan stood up looking to Sey who seemed to be thinking about his offer. The snow haired player gave a smug look before finally standing and pulling out a rather large spear. Jonathan laughed at his, "Only one progressing" I did not expect any less. Well, Shall we get moving then? The blond smiled as he equipped his items, his body being encased by his silver armor. I am curious to see you leading ability, so you take charge on this quest. I believe you are capable enough. Joanthan opened the door, letting the player step through. He appeared to be much stronger than before and Jonathan was a bit ashamed to not see him in the guild roster yet. Wait. You have only not met Kasier. All you need to do is an initiation. I will not be the one doing it sadly, I think that would be up to one of the other three. Jonathan brandished his weapon, it gave off a warm gold glow. 

"The cave of wonders. That is not a place of mystery honestly, and I dont even think it takes much time to get over there." He explained as he would begin to make his way out from the bar. That was probably an odd sight for some, a person who went out of there sober. Honestly, he did not care if he drank or not. His father just said it was looked down upon,  but if no one else cheers him up, it could be his next best friend. "What kind of initiation though... I mean, if one of the others have to do it, should I not at least meet the healer?" He asked as he would make his way out from the inside of the safe zone and towards the border. At this point, he was most concerned about the initiation more than the actual quest. Sure, he was a lot more prepared for battle now thanks to his items, but he still would like to know what he had to do... And if it was to fight one of them, he full well knew what his fate was destined to be.

Ooc - Mobile post

Jonathan listened to the Snow haired player as he began to think of where things might be located. Jonathan thought to himself. Cave though.... A cave of wonders... I only know of one set of caves and that is out in the sanddunes by the mountains. "Well, If I were looking for a cave, it would be made of rocks, and the largest source of that is the mountains out past the dunes. We should give a look out there. Thieves would like to have their hide out far from main civilization, and in a place most do not perfer to go. Jonathan followed the man and sped up to catch him as he asked a question about initiation. I m not sure if it was made clear, but a initiation is a one on one ordeal. It is mainly to see the already acquired abilities of the initiate, and what needs to be worked on. Speaking of which, How is your 'Adapter' build coming?" This has been something that Jonathan had been wondering about. He had a good faith in the man to make it work, but it was hard to pull off. Also, what build you focusing on at the moment? 

"In that case, we need to try to get as far from the safe zone as we can in order to get towards the caves. In doing so, we probably will end up at our location." He would explain to the blonde tank as he would also keep his muscles tense. The further they go, the more danger they couls find themselves in. Just because Jonathan can take hits does not mean he has to. So he would try to venture further, prepared to cut holes through a monster or two. Though the way Jonathan mentioned how the initiation was a one on one meeting was none too enticing. It instead worried him a small amount, but a small breath allowed him to keep his cool. "In that case, hopefully it is not a duel then. At least it won't be a 3 on one battle." He explained with relief in his tone before continuing to speak about his build. "I think I have gotten as far as I can when it comes to damage. I have armor dedicated to damage mitigation, and I just got the second ranking of battlehealing. I can take a few hits every now and then."

Ooc- Mobile post

Jonathan walked beside the adapter listening to him closely. He had changed the man's mind from close, to far. It made sense for thieves to not be near civilization. The man did not seem to thrilled on the initiation idea and Jonathan got the feeling this man thought they would duel. We don't duel the initiates. We take them out and test their strenghts that have already been accuired. Like for scouts, you take them searching for materials and a battle or so. Tank and Healer would just go out and fight practically. DMG Dealers might duel if the initiate is high enough in level so it is somewhere a fair duel. Jonathan walked beside the man. He seemed so far to be making his build work luckily. I wonder what Paladin you will seve under for sentinel though.... You are capable of doing them all. Except at the moment healing and scouting. You have got combat worked on though which is a pls. Itzal tells me that I focus way too much on combat, and I should calm it down a bit, but he eventually grew used to my combat lust....

"Oh, so they have about every branch set then. A healer can learn to heal on it's own terms, a tank can deflect things on it's own terms. Though... That makes me the odd one out then, trying to be able to handle all four loads. Skill points are tough to get, I'll be honest with you. But the grind is not that awful, and healing will be the next investment since I have a good amount of damage and okay defense." Sey explained all of that. It was true, all of the fields needed to be covered to get what he needed. Honestly, he felt he could have gone for a two-handed weapon rather than one, since a shield was not in his best interests. What would interest him more was a pet that protected him while he too can inflict more damage. "So you like battle I assume? Why do you like it so much? Thrill? Col? Materials?" It was a genuine question that he wanted to know. Human psychology was a topic of interest for him.

Jonathan walked beside Sey hands behind his head and an eventual clank that came from his armor. The man asked another question and Jonathan was a tad confused. "Well... I would not consider it set. I believe Kasier is going to tank perhaps. I am not sure but I have a feeling. As for myself, eventually I am going to move for more damage and I have already ordered items so I can go out and hunt by myself. Right now though, I am going to probably get my battle healing up to three and then get two mobs. One for block and the other for howl. " Jonathan felt etter, saying his plans aloud. He had been unsure to go for heavy armor yet, even though it provided little mitigation. Its Mod, Stonewall was where it mattered. Another question of Sey' popped up not much later. "My lust for battle? Hmm, I don't know, but I have a couple guesses. I have never see him like it, but apparently he goe wild when he is angry, so perhaps I get something like that? Another thing Is a like the fast paced movement and quick thinking. Little challenge for my brain. " Jonathan stopped, realizing from where they had walked seeing as if they were aout a mile away from where they guessed the caves were. Hey uh... Look. 

"So we are not too low on the number of tanks now since Kasier is willing to work as a Hybrid of Tank and Healer, right?" If that were the case, that means that if Sey were included, that would be three people at least on the frontlines who can take some hits, two of them being able to heal as well. They probably would not even need anybody else to help them out with their damage taking, leaving the DPS to do what they did best. "I guess it's just the heat of battle that gets to you both. Adrenaline perhaps if the game allows for that to happen. Can't quite say it ever happened to me yet, I never got so angry to the point where my reflexes are suddenly enhanced." Only to stop when the cave was a distance away. Seems like they found it, perhaps they have gone far enough. It could be any cave, but it seemed so isolated, he wanted to believe it was the right one. "Sweet! Let's go then!" He exclaimed as he would now rush towards the caverns.

Jonathan walked forward next to Sey listening intently. Hmm. You see, but unless both of you get all of the tank skills, you will most likely be placed as Second Tank. Calrex is more of a bruiser build, but his unique skill allows him to tank very well. I know he has a lot into tanking, but he is more of an adapter build as well I think. He switches to offense well. Jonathan sighed and crouched into the entrance of the cave peering inside. He heard voices which were quite faint. He looked over to Sey and put up a finger, advising him to hush. Jonathan slowly crept forward, getting a much better view. There was a few tents lined up, but the closest thing to the players was four rogue looking mobs. One of them looked alert, another was sitting, twirling his knife, and the other two were harassing a man. Jonathan grimaced. That was the mn they were ordered to rescue. He turned to Sey with a hushed voice. "Okay, here is the plan. I will rush in first and get the attention of them. Our damage will be focused on one at a time. My AOE is very weak so we should aim for one at a time. Any question? If not I will jump out there. 

"I met him some time ago actually, a really nice dude despite the insane amount of... Power... He displays." That sort of nightmarish power should be banned, it did not seem like something possible at the start of the game. For a video game to allow so much damage to be spread among many enemies, it was just not fair. But that was what he could be as well, in due time if he put all of his effort into it. "Nah, just go get the first one. I'll back you up at the first sign of battle against them. Two on one should make this easy." Sey explained as he would lay low for the moment before placing his palms on the surface, bending his knees as he would prepare to spring out at the enemies that were to come from the cave when Jonathan got up to them. Hopefully nothing went wrong, but the snow-haired player could not see how it could go wrong. And if the blonde tank could handle it, then that is where he places his faith and money in.

Jonathan crept forward carefully, outstretching his weapon. He smiled and flicked the button that made his helmet appeared. As he did so, the thief on guard spotted him and began to yell in nonsense. The blond charged the thief, striking him quickly. The thief fell to the ground with a thud, kicking up sand as he did. The two thieves harassing the man turned, pulling out weapons. They made some kind of sign language to eachother and then attacked, flanking the tank. Jonathan tried to focus on one, but the other quickly stabbed him three times dealing minimal damage. The other three from there attacked, but also dealt minimal damage. The blond smiled and backed away. I was never told that this quest was for younger players! Jonathan sighed but held his position. He believed that Sey could have soloed this quest. Jonathan moved aside a bit for Sey to make his move. Hopefully he can deal more damage, but I would not count on it.... This might be a long battle. 

Spoiler

Battle Turn-Battle Healing! +20HP

72637 BD:8: Jonathan Hits

72638 BD:8 CD:9 Thief Hits, Tri-Pierce Regeneration Activated!

Jonathan 660/660 <<60/66>> 

Sey ?/?

Thief A 90/135 (135-[70-25] 45=90HP)

Thief B 135/135

Thief C 135/135

Thief D 135/135

Edited by Morgenstern

Sey would smile as they would end up trying to pick a fight with Jonathan. Though they did strike, they did not seem to be able to pierce through him, the health bar quickly lowering, but only for it to be brought back at a far quicker pace. A true tank for sure, though Sey was probably not going to have THAT much of an insane recovering ability. Now it was his turn, while the hate was redirected towards his partner, the snow-haired player would lash out from his hiding place as he swung his spear around in a lashing circle, striking through all of the thieves in one shot as they would all be sent flying out in a good distance away from him. All of their heads would have a red "Critical" above their heads, showing that severe damage has been inflicted with that exchange right there. "Seems like we have overestimated them!"

Spoiler

72643 BD:10: Sey hits it with a Critical hit!

Jonathan 660/660 <<60/66>> 

Sey 340/340  7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 22/34 Energy

Sword Art [AOE]: Tribal Fury (3 x 2)

Thief A 36/135 (90- [9 x 3 x 2] 54 = 36)

Thief B 81/135 (135- [9 x 3 x 2] 54 = 81)

Thief C 81/135 (135- [9 x 3 x 2] 54 = 81)

Thief D 81/135 (135- [9 x 3 x 2] 54 = 81)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Sey

Jonathan fell back as he watched Sey begin his attack. He leapt in between all four thieves and spun his spear around, nailing all four of them. Jonathan smiled and advanced to keep the four humanoids on their toes. He swung his blade at the almost dead creature, but was easily parried from the quick thief. Jonathan smiled and backed away, blocking the four incoming attacks. Jonathan raised his brows as he ralized the creatures would now have more accuracy hitting him next time. Jonathan looked over at Sey and replied, "They are quite easy, but anything in this world imposes a threat. Keep on your toes, and keep fighting!" Jonathan refocused on the opponents. This was why he needed to get his item from Birdie that would increase his accuracy. He could use it when soloing, and when the creatures dealt minimal damage. 

72694 BD:1: Jonathan misses

72695 BD:1+1: Thief Misses

@Sey 

Edited by Morgenstern

"They don't have too much I've noticed. Check this out!" Sey would announce as he would repeat the same wild flurry that he used. It was the strongest of the area attack moves that he had, though he did get a little dizzy using it twice in a row. Still, as he swung the spear around in a huge circle, he would knock through the massive amounts of enemies once again without any regrets. It was an easy boss fight, and the best part of it for the snow-haired player was that he was actually inflicting a heavy amount of damage onto them. As a result, he was finally being useful for a quest, which was much better compared to the last time he had gone anywhere with the blonde tank. They both served their duties, Jonathan took the hits while Sey went to inflict the damage. However, his energy bar was also starting to take a hit as well, he needed to be extremely careful about that.

@Morgenstern

Spoiler

ID: 72698
BD: 6 : Sey hits it

Jonathan 660/660 <<60/66>> (1 Hate)

Sey 340/340  7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 10/34 Energy (3 Hate)

Thief A 0/135 (36- [7 x 3 x 2] 42 = 0) [DEAD]

Thief B 39/135 (81- [7 x 3 x 2] 42 = 39)

Thief C 39/135 (81- [7 x 3 x 2] 42 = 39)

Thief D 39/135 (81- [7 x 3 x 2] 42 = 39)

Edited by Sey

Jonathan watched as Sey attacked again, this one a bit more sloppy then the last. It was still good enough though to deal quite a bit of damage. Jonathan smiled and targeted one of the last three thieves. He would have enough attack power to finish it off quickly. He dashed forward and slammed his sword into the thief, knocking it back into the ground. The blond laughed as it shattered, but took two oncoming blows from the other two thieves. He smiled as his healing kicked it, bringing his health back to full. Being a tank makes this so easy for me. Jonathan laughed and backed away, allowing Sey to make one last AOE if he could manage it. He believed that the man could, in fact, Jonathan knew the man was getting much stronger, and might soon surpass him. He was working as hard as Itzal had been to get so strong. 

Spoiler

72725 BD:10

72727 BD:8 CD:8 infinite

Jonathan 660/660 <<60/66>> (5 Hate) [660-(/6x5=30/[107-30=1DMG] +56=FULL HEALTH)

@Sey 340/340  7 Dmg l 27 Mit l 10/34 Energy (3 Hate)

Thief A 0/135 (36- [7 x 3 x 2] 42 = 0) [DEAD]

Thief B 0/135 (39- (84-25=59)59=-20 [DEAD] 

Thief C 39/135 (81- [7 x 3 x 2] 42 = 39)

Thief D 39/135 (81- [7 x 3 x 2] 42 = 39)

Edited by Morgenstern