[PP-F14] The Enemy of My Enemy, is Still My Enemy <Itzal, Aereth and Kasier>

Itzal had decided to scout out another floor, one that he had never seen before.  He knew that monsters would spawn at his level if he went to famous areas, but if he just explored the monsters could be any level.  He wanted to explore a new floor but he also wanted to do something with Kasier.  So he thought:  Why not scout this floor with his girlfriend?  He hadn't seen it yet so he decided to warp to the town and message Kasier to see if she was interested in going along with him.  If she was busy or didn't want to, that was fine, he still had Velnia.  Although it would be more fun with Kasier.  As he appeared on the floor, he noted how dark it was.  Not darkness in a cave like floor ten, but like mordor kind of dark.  Clouds overhead, as if this floor wasn't friendly.  He looked around and observed the town, discovering why.  It was a war zone, a constant battle he guessed that would never end.  When he became strong enough he could make this floor his training grounds from now on, helping the inhabitants of this floor while he trained as well.  Velnia took a look around and puffed some smoke out her nose, annoyed at all the serious faces in the area.  She was about to go cheer some up when Itzal grabbed her.  "Nothing you can do.  These npcs are designed this way, nothing to change them...  Save for maybe some that might be quest related..." 

@Kasier @Aereth

Edited by Itzal

Kasier stood amongst the darkness and the dark clouds that embraced this floor. She had arrived on this floor and was immediately intrigued by how different the place was compared to the other floors. This floor was a state of depression and although it portrays a negative image, one must look at everything with the little positivity that can come out of something that is mostly negative. This would a a great place to knock some sense into people who needs it. She thought, adding the location to her list of places that she can get all philosophical and stuff. Being here affects the players, makes them more depressed. Sure, she was quite positive that the game was not designed like that because the game simply cannot change the feelings and emotions of a player. However, the simple fact that the place was completely black and filled with air pollution was reason enough for players and NPCs here to be completely sad and pessimistic. It was a war zone after all, a place known for death and hatred along with tears that eventually forms rivers according to the old legends in some fake cultures. Soon, she found her way through the map and after tracking Itzal, arrived at his location and said a simple hello. It was then that she realized that Velnia was here as well. Without a second wasted, Kasier grabbed onto the dragon, tightly grasping her and pulling her into her chest, giving the tiny dragon a huge hug. "I want Velnia for the day." Kasier said, putting the dragon on her head and looking at Itzal. "So, what are we doing for the day?"

@Itzal

Today Aereth wanted to gather some more tier two materials for his shop, so he intended to go to the eleventh floor and search for some. Unfortunately he selected the 14th floor by mistake and was taken to the dark, rocky wasteland of floor 14, surrounded by colossal mountains that are supposedly unable to be scaled. He let out a sigh, and was about to open the teleport menu once again to go to the eleventh floor as an idea came to him. "F*ck it, I'll use the opertunity and see what kind of monsters and loot spawns here..." he thought and turned around once again to leave the city, for some material gathering.

"This floor must be littered with minerals and ores, maybe even some metal..." he thought as he walked through the tents of the main settlement. It didn't even take him long to find some materials on his way. But he was much more surprised to find to familiar faces on this floor. He immediately walked over to the two players and greeted them. "Hey Kasier, Itzal." He said as he approached them. "It's really nice to meet you here, but what are the two of you doing on this depressing and underwhelming floor." Just then he also noticed Velina on Kasier's head, and also greeted the dragon with a nod.

Spoiler

ID# 73585 results:
Loot: 12+5

Materials: 0+4=4

Aereth will enter the thread with these stats:

Spoiler

Level: 22
HP: 440
EN: 44
DMG: 1 Base + 4 OHSS Rank 4 + 3 Weapon = 8 DMG
S&D: 3 Discovery Ring + 2 S&D Rank 2 = +5LD

Equipped:
Goldcrest (18 MIT, 1 EVA), Sword of Legion (+3 DMG), Discovery Ring (+3LD)
Battle Ready:
Nightingale (+3EVA), Dexterous Intent (+3ACC)

@Itzal, @Kasier

Edited by Aereth

When Velnia was grabbed she had started to flail.  When she was turned around to see Kasier directly she froze and stared into her eyes for a moment...  Before rushing to cuddle with Kasier.  As she did so Itzal laughed and nodded.  "I don't think either of us have a problem with that!"  When Kasier put Velnia on her head Velnia sat proudly with a cute smile on her face.  Itzal smiled more brightly and nodded to her question.  "I was going to scout another floor and wanted to see if you wanted to join me.  I plan on avoiding monsters we can't handle so we shouldn't have to worry about that.  You interested?"  Before anything else could happen, Aereth popped out of nowhere.  Itzal was shocked that he'd come up here at his level.  When he spoke Itzal shook his head to clear his thoughts.  "Aereth?!  What are you doing on this floor?  You really think you should be taking the risk at your level?"  He didn't speak with aggression in his voice, or frustration, but rather concern as he always did.  He wanted to prevent any deaths and he was certain that even if he encountered a level mob he'd be able to take it down, especially with Kasier's healing abilities.  But could Aereth?

@Kasier

"Alright, I would be up for that." Kasier nodded. It seemed that Itzal had planned to go scouting this floor and she wouldn't mind it as long as it was with Itzal. It should be a easy day of conversation, since scouting usually did not involve monsters as long the the scout did a good job in being careful and stealthy, which Itzal, being a master scout, can't possibly make a mistake in any of those areas. Itzal wasn't strong, nor was he very manly... But those were not the things that Kasier looked for in a man. Everything she looked for, Itzal had, and now, she knew that Itzal would place her above everyone and everything. To think that we went from enemies to lovers... This seems like Pride and Prejudice all over again. Kasier thought, sighing as she felt her hair being messed up by Velnia who was standing tall above her blonde hair.

Just then, she heard both her name and Itzal's addressed by a familiar man. Although she did not really recall his name. She had seen him before but she wasn't sure where. Still, she wasn't all that pleased with the arrival of an unfamiliar face, since she had a dragon on her head to make her seem especially unprofessional. It would be even more unprofessional though, if she was to take the dragon off of her head in panic. Instead, she simply looked at him as she spoke and as Itzal greeted him. With a sigh, Kasier said, "Risks are everything in life, Fel-Itzal. Who wouldn't love the feeling of risk and the feeling of excitement by going to a higher floor than what you are used to?" She stated, leaning closer to her boyfriend and whispering, "Who is he again?"

Hearing the concern in the voice of his teacher and friend, he decided to put on a smile and said to him. “Don’t worry, I know how to avoid mobs by now, and I’m not here to fight anyways. Hell, I didn’t even want to come to this floor to begin with. I just wanted to gather some tier two materials on the eleventh floor, and f*cked up on the teleport gate. So I just decided to look how this floor was like, and gather the materials here.

It wasn’t really hard to figure out that Kasier wasn’t pleased with Aereth meeting them. “Maybe they are on a date or so… But on this f*cked up floor? No, that can’t be…” he thought as Kasier talked to Aereth and Itzal. “She’s right. And it isn’t like I’m taking unnecessary risks. And you can call him by his real name if you want, Kasier. I know his name and he knows mine.” He told her.

After that she leaned closer to Itzal and whispered something to him. Aereth could barely hear anything, but from the situation, and the fragments of what he heard, he knew that the healer paladin had almost no clue who he was. Disappointed that the paladin forgot him, his name and what he was, Aereth sighed mentally, but refrained from saying anything, keeping an indifferent face.

@Itzal

Itzal turned to Kasier, a little worried when she nearly slipped his name, but nodded his understanding.  "True, but I'd rather run the risks as low as possible in a death game.  Especially when it's people I care about."  Then she asked who he was and Itzal whispered back:  "Aereth, one of my two apprentices."  Then Aereth began to talk to Itzal and assured him he'd be fine since he knew how to avoid mobs.  Itzal was about to speak against this as still taking risks but he recalled that he himself was able to do it quite a bit, and held his tongue.  He nodded to Aereth's last explanation.  "Well tier two materials are best found on the eleventh floor since you have a chance at finding extra materials as well, but yeah we came to scout out this floor as well.  If you think you're safe you're welcome to join us."  He knew Aereth and Kasier needed to get to know each other more, especially since they were in the same guild...  Then he recalled Aereth offering dance lessons.  He mentally shook that away for now.  "So, where do you guys want to start?  We have the whole floor to check out."

The player stabbed the final undead warrior and watched it fall to the ground like sand.  He looked around at the fifty dead bodies before they vanished into crystals.  He heard that there was a quest opening up on this floor, but so far he couldn't find anything.  He grunted and continued to walk through the ruined castle hallway.  These monsters were so far beneath him.  Not worth it at all.  It was time to head back.

@Kasier

Well. Seems like it's once again time for professional Kasier to come to the stage. Kasier thought, sighing due to the fact that she thought this was originally going to be a very relaxed day. Still, she must keep positivity for she was still with Itzal and even if there is someone else, it shouldn't make the scouting experience necessarily bad. Kasier smiled, convincing herself that the day was going to be just fine. However, she had a bad feeling somehow but she couldn't place her fingers on it. Perhaps it was due to the atmosphere of this floor? She hoped that everything was going to be okay and soon enough, she threw the thoughts out of her mind, refusing to thinking about the possibility of an unfortunate event occurring during the day. Stupid superstition. Kasier thought, using her hands to clear out some of the blonde hair that had found its way on her pale face as Velnia messed up her hair above her head. Great. Thanks Velnia. Kasier thought, rolling her eyes, not really caring about the messed up hair.

After the two players had their conversation and greetings, Kasier began to spoke once more when Itzal asked where the two players wanted to go. "I guess I wouldn't mind venturing and exploring more of this <<Stonewall>> settlement. Also, I heard there is a castle nearby called <<Blackwatch>>. I don't know where it is, but it might be interesting to check the place out. Although I'm not sure how many mobs might be inside it." Kasier said, looking at Itzal. If anyone would know where to go, it was him. For he is the master scout... Perhaps the best scout in the game at the moment. Then Kasier looked at Aereth, signaling for him to spill out some suggestions.

@Aereth

Edited by Kasier

Aereth also nodded after Itzal mentioned how he wanted to keep the risks as low as possible. After the two paladins finished their whispering, Itzal asked the brown haired apprentice if he wanted to tag along with them for the day. Aereth moved his eyes to Kasier to see how she would react to the suggestion of her boyfriend. Hearing the sigh, and seeing how she wasn’t pleased AT ALL, Aereth said. “I'd love to accompany you two." He would really appreciate some company, since he trained mostly alone in the last days. But then he turned to Kasier and told her in a polite tone. "But if you prefer to explore the floor without me that's also fine." Aereth told her. He was a straight forward guy, and didn't like to beat around the bush. If Kasier had a problem with him coming along, she could very well tell him now and there would be no problem. The least he wanted, was to be a nuisance to anybody of the party. "I was just about to see what the main settlement has to offer to the players anyways. And after that I’ll most probably head to the Blackwatch castle to find some materials.

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal saw Kasier sigh, and while he understood how and why she felt the way she did, he also knew they couldn't expect to be alone every time.  He heard what Kasier suggested and then what Aereth told them.  Itzal thought for a moment before coming to a conclusion.  "I have a proposal then:  The three of us could scout out a little bit of the castle, and then when we're done Aereth can depart and do what he needs to do while you and I Kasier, can keep scouting the fields here.  Or...  Whatever it's called."  He believed it a good compromise.  Giving Aereth some time with them, but also giving the two players some quality time together alone as well.  He hoped it was agreeable between the two.  Velnia noted Kasier's distress and poked her head down and in front of Kasier's eyes and gave her an apologetic grin, before taking flight and managing to bring her hair back to the way it was before she was placed on her head.  After she did so she landed on Kasier's shoulder and sat all proud like and yet still adorable.  Itzal shook his head with a chuckle.  That's why he had named the plush version of her, goddess of cuteness.

@Kasier

Kasier didn't know what this feeling was but it seemed that Aereth had the most observant personality known to man. An eye that can tell what is happening with just one look, an ability that should belong only to God. At this point, Kasier could not tell if the man is capable of mind reading or he is just extremely intelligent in reading actions. It seemed that everything that she does was perfectly seen in his eyes and every movement she does, the man would know what she is doing. First, when she whispered to Itzal, it was obvious that the man's face had changed to one of disappointment, as if he was able to see that she had no idea who he was despite the fact that she had barely whispered it to Itzal. She could've whispered anything like, 'Let's go get some food later.' but the man's face immediately changed when she said what she said, the first evidence that he possesses an ability unknown to all others.

The second evidence was what she had done now. Despite the fact that Kasier had basically approved of the man's presence by stating that one should take risks in life, her slight sigh was enough to convince Aereth that she does not want him there. Sure, that is the truth, but the fact that Kasier had acted in no way to convince the man that he is not wanted makes the whole situation quite shady. Either way, there is something either shady... Or special going on here. Or it, and it probably is, just a special case of meta-gaming.

Kasier shrugged, He can read my mind or whatever. I don't really care. Kasier thought, "Well, I don't really mind. Since I spend a lot of time with Itzal anyways. I must say, I have to give other people time with him."

Aereth was no god, and neither had he a special ability. He just worked with what the people gave to him. However, he noticed that he might have been way too observant around his friends… He needed to be observant around foreign people, especially Domarus, but not around his guild mates, his new family... “Enough of this now.” He thought and decided to put a smile on face when Itzal suggested that they could do some things together, followed by parting ways after some time. “I think that’s a great idea. So let’s go.” Shortly afterwards he chuckled about Kasier’s comment. “I’m very grateful for that chance. So thank you, maybe I can show the two of you some dance steps on a later date to make up for it.” He joked at the healer and the scout paladins. But hey, if they were really interested, the brown haired scout apprentice would gladly show them some nice steps.

Aereth smiled at the thought the he could show others how to dance since it was the one thing to do he loved the most. He suddenly felt a wave of sadness wash over him. “I wonder what she’s doing right now…” His smile slowly started to turn into a frown, but before that happened he shook his head, and thought. “No not this again. SHE wouldn’t want that I get sad and depressed every time I think of her.” His smile then returned and he apologized to his two guild mates. “I’m sorry, seems like I got a little bit carried away.

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

Itzal smiled as it seemed they reached an agreement.  "Alright then, let's head out!"  As they began making their way to the castle he walked beside Kasier, and without leaning in, whispered only loud enough for her to hear, "Sorry this didn't turn out the way I wanted.  Once we've scouted the castle though, we have the rest of the day to ourselves right?"  However he couldn't be more wrong.  As they made their way to the castle, Itzal asked the two what they believed they would find. 

At the same time, the warrior made his way down the hall, ignoring all the monsters trying to charge him as they really couldn't do anything.  As he approached he adjusted the heavy armor of his and sheathed his two handed spear, surprising the monsters around him, who realized that there was no hope to this guy.  He left the golden amulet on as he walked over to the huge stairs that marked the entrance of the castle.  What a waste of time he thought.  So there really were no more quests for him to do.  Well he thought, back to monster grinding.  It was boring work but it was vital.  In order to continue gaining levels, he had no other choice.  Especially if he were to surpass that player named Calrex and once again wield the title of strongest player in any game.

Spoiler

Fearx' armor and weapon:

divine_armor_sagittarius_by_tideger-d4s1

UtMkMcv.png

@Kasier

Kasier really didn't mind. She never really minded in the first place but it seemed that the two had already settled on thinking that she truly did not want this. Sure, she didn't exactly love the scenario but she didn't hate it either. It's not like she couldn't hang out with any other person except for Itzal. Kasier sighed, her reputation in this game was only becoming worse and worse and she truly could not help with the decline of how other people thought of her. Soon, she convinced herself that what other people thought of her didn't matter. All she cared about was Itzal's opinion of her... In fact, she didn't even care about herself as much as she cared for Itzal. Love is a sign of weakness - a weakness that I can't control. Kasier thought, her red eyes gazing at Itzal in compassion as he leaned over and convinced her that he would be spending the rest of the day with her. 

Kasier didn't have to answer with her words for they were unnecessary. She looked him in the eyes, a look that said "Ok" before looking away and nodding, a nonverbal indication that she does not mind the company. Besides, Itzal was mentor and Aereth was pupil - it was inevitable that they would have a close relationship. I can't deny Itzal the freedom of socializing with other people. Kasier thought. I'm being selfish. "Dance lessons doesn't sound half bad."

@Aereth

Perfect.“ He answered his teacher and friend with a nod and the three of them started to head out to the castle. Aereth kept his eyes open since he could use some more tier two materials for his shop. When Itzal whispered something to Kasier, unnoticed by Aereth, the eyes of the scout apprentice spotted a set of materials on the side of the path the trio was walking on. He immediately stored the items into his inventory and tried to catch up again with Kasier and Itzal.

He managed to catch up with them just as Kasier told him that dance lessons didn’t sound bad in her ears. With a smile on his face, he answered. “Perfect, I’d really love to give some lessons to the both of you. This is a way to give back at least a little bit what Itzal and the whole guild have done for me.

Spoiler

ID# 74392 results:
Loot: 16+5

Materials: 4+4=8

OOC: Sorry that it took so long...

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

When Itzal heard Kasier mention that she was fine with dance lessons it caught Itzal off guard.  He didn't realize dance lessons would be something she'd be perfectly fine with.  But in the end he just smiled as it was something new he had learned about her.  He nodded.  "Alright then, I uh, guess we're up for it.  I don't know where to start or what, so I'll leave that up to you Aereth.  Alright we're almost there, I can see the gates now."  Dancing.  He had never ever thought of practicing it until Aereth asked what dances he and Kasier did when they had first met.  And when he did think of it his face had warmed up.  He wasn't the greatest when it came to these areas and he was still trying to get used to everything.  Hopefully nothing would go horribly wrong during the dance lessons.

Soon enough the figure saw the gateway.  He walked towards it and soon was on the steps out of the castle.  What a boring day he thought.  He'd need to head back up to the higher floors to train some more...  Then he saw three figures:  A woman and two men.  One had heavy armor while the other two had light.  Most likely a tank and two dps.  A party designed to hunt.  Whether they were lower level players seeking to take on a higher floor, or a higher level seeking to train on this floor was unclear to him.  "If you're looking to hunt monsters, there aren't any more in the castle save for a few dozen near the gates."

Fearx appearance:  Average size and weight, yellow eyes and blonde hair.

@Kasier

Kasier had given her approval for dancing lessons half-heartedly. She hadn't been paying that much attention but once she thought over it, she decided that it wasn't that bad as long as she wasn't touched by anyone other than Itzal. In fact, it was probably good that she finally learned how to dance in case the situation would come for her to dance with Itzal on the dance floor. Who knows when that will come? Kasier nodded to herself as the party began to get a move on and soon enough, they would approach the gates that governed this floor. As the three players walked closer and closer to the gate, just as they were about to reach it, a blonde man popped out from the hidden.

He claimed that the castle no longer had any mobs left inside to hunt. That would have been helpful if only the party was not there to hunt. The party was here to scout and no monster fighting would be necessary. It was good that there were no mobs inside and it was great that someone was kind enough to tell them of it. However, there was a sort of maliciousness almost radiating from within the man's body. His combination of blonde hair and yellow eyes were perfect for creating a feeling that he was of majestic class, also leading to the possibility that he could be extremely arrogant and cocky. Kasier looked at him and decided that the feeling was probably just an inaccurate first impression because the man was of average weight and height - nothing was very significant about him but there was still something fishy about him. After a while of observing the man, she finally decided to forget about the unreliable impression.

@Aereth

Aereth smiled warmly as his two superiours agreed to take some dance lessons with him. He’d think about what he would teach them on a later date, for now he was just happy that they liked the idea. “Awesome. I’ll think about something and let you two know as soon as I’m ready.

After that a man in a ridiculously shiny armor popped up in front of them. He wasn’t that tall and had yellow eyes in combination with blonde hair. As they passed him, he told them that there were no monsters left in this area. “He looks like a high leveled player. So I assume he killed the monsters all by himself… Which makes me correct my thought form before. He must be a f*cking monster if he can clear a whole area on his own up here…” he thought and looked closely on the behavior of the man. He didn’t give away much about what he was thinking but from the looks of his armor and his stance Aereth assumed that he was a very proud of his skills, and maaaaybe a little bit of a poser but right now Aereth had no reason to treat him like one. "Maybe we can get more information from him.." he thought. “Thanks for the info, my friend. And excuse me if I'm being rude by taking your time, but may I ask you what kind of NPC's are spawning in this area, as well as what fighting styles they have?

@Itzal

Edited by Aereth

-Itzal watched the man in gold armor approach them.  When he told them that he had cleared the area of monsters that was a clear statement of his strength.  His base damage must be high and his heavy armor made it clear he had the MIT.  Not to mention he had the health to take.  When Aereth thanked him for the info, Itzal nodded.  "Yeah thanks.  We were planning on avoiding confrontations so this works out."

Fearx listened to the two men thank him and noticed that the woman not only said nothing whatsoever, but she stared at him, as if deciding how she thought about him.  That brought a grin to his face.  When one of the men asked his question he frowned.  "You guys have been here before haven't you?  Or is this your first time on this floor?"  It would appear to Fearx that they weren't as strong as they seemed to be.  If they wanted to go risk their lives that was their choice, not his.  However since he didn't really have anything else to do other than train, he thought he'd humor himself with this group.  "What level are you guys?" 

Upon the player's reaction it seemed he had experience not only with this floor, but possibly further floors.  If he was this strong then why wasn't he on the frontlines yet?  "Um, I don't think it's the right time or place to give out information like that.  Perhaps if we hung out and learned a bit more about each other?"  If they did hang out Itzal could keep an eye on his actions and words, see if he could figure out what his personality was like.

@Kasier

The first thing that she had noticed was the fact that the man had refused to answer Aereth's question, which made Kasier's eyebrows go up in a few seconds. She didn't know why the man had not answered the question - perhaps he didn't know? Perhaps he had not heard the question? Perhaps he just simply did not answer the question. Whatever the reason was, Kasier truly could care less for the question was an irrelevant one. Why would one need to know about the NPCs in an area? He must have meant mobs... But that was quite the newbie thing to say. Kasier thought, rolling her eyes before redirecting her attention to the man who had spoken - asking a question without answering the original one. He asked if the players have been on this floor before and concluded his passage of speech by asking the levels of the individual players. Kasier looked at him, shocked that such a question could come out so easily. Level is the most crucical information regarding a player's stats in this game. If you are high level, then no one messes with you. However, if your level is quite low, higher leveled player who gets ahold of the information might plot to kill for resources. Kasier looked at the man, unsure of what to say before finally deciding that nothing was necessary for her to say.

@Aereth