<Through the veil> PP-F1 <<Sey>>

It was early morning on floor one, and the cloaked figure strolled silently through the streets. She had received many strange looks from the few people who still dwelled on this floor. Most players down here lived in fear, letting the frontliners do the dirty work and die for them. Hidden, was a tad different of a case. Previously, she had been just like them, not wanting to come out of the dark, but she did not want to do this any longer. She wanted to be more free, instead of having this just be her real life. "Well, perhaps a bit more exploring, then off to bed. Perhaps I will come out again at night, but let us see what I can find before bed," the cloaked figure thought. The character appeared to be unarmed, as most players carried weapons in view to display and show them off. Hidden on the other hand, liked her weapon to stay concealed. She might be weak, but she was not afraid to use it if she could. "What to do..." The tightness and pain in her stomache warned her that she was hungry, so the cloaked figure looked cautiously around before sitting on a bench and began to slowly and silently eat her bread. 

@Sey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a random like himself was able to understand that a player stood out more than anything. If not for the crystals, it would be because of how they looked to an NPC. NPC humans could only have so much personality, but a humans genes were hard to create on their own. They had to be built in. For someone to be able to make as many as there are people would be impossible. Especially if that one person seemed to have a little hood while walking. They seemed to be an isolant, which was no good for a player. As a chef, he might as well try to start with a small little gift to get their attention. So from his inventory, he'd pluck out a little vanity item that he made from his shop, two small candy apples. Daringly moving up to the cloaked figure, he would give a gentle tap on the left shoulder, holding out the candy apples with his right hand. "Here, would you like one?" It was just in his nature to meet people. A social butterfly, and curiosity was a trait of his that he could not resist.

Hidden chewed her bread slowly. It was kind of stale, but it suit her just fine. She really had not had anything but the bread and water since the start of the game, and it was good enough for her. She watched as a white haired player slowly approached, and his destination appeared to be her. Her heart began to beat faster. 'What does this player want with me.' She withdrew her hand into her sleeve, where her weapon was kept. At the moment, she probably did not stand any chance against this player, unless he was just like her, but his equipment seemed up to par. As the man opened his menu, she felt her hand slowly grasp the handle oh her dagger. 'Go away kid!' she silently thought to herself. Just before she darted away, the man pulled out something, not a weapon. But a food. In his hand was a bright red apple on a stick. He held two in his hands, and offered one to her. 'food?' Her mind began to wander, a bit confused for why a player would just walk up and offer her food. She loosened the grip on her dagger, and slowly inched her hand toward the candied apple. 

Her heart beat faster and faster as her hand approached the stick. 'Is he going to pull out a weapon? There must be a catch.... Nobody has been this nice to me... Ever.' Her hand reached the stick, and as she grasped it and gently pulled it away, her hand brushed his. His hand was much warmer compared to hers, which was to of no surprise. As she drew the apple away, she kept her gaze upon the man, though her eyes were shrouded from his view, but she had to keep his face out of view. "T-t-thank you" she managed to stutter. She had no idea what to say, no idea what to do. She bit softly into the apple. It was delicious, and through her hood the man could see her smile as she chewed. 'What will he want now?' 

@Sey

This was one of the first few people to accept the treat without showing any form of resistance. No questions asked, though maybe a little hesitance, but the hidden figure seemed to be rather trusting of him, which made his life far easier as well. As the arm reached for the apple, he'd smile his usual welcoming smile, inviting them to enjoy it. Once that exchange had been finished, his own eyes would lock onto his own candy apple before he took a bite out from it, savoring the sweet taste that came along with it with his eyes closed and a happy-tuned smile left. After that, his eyes would open up as he heard the stuttered "Thank you" from the being, in a tone that was low enough to prevent him from identifying if this were a man or a woman. At least they were open enough to accept the gift. "My pleasure. May I ask where you are headed off to?" He'd ask as he would open up his inventory once again to reveal a regular hoodie and some acid blue jeans, his equipment off so that his clothing would make him more casual. He hated to speak as if he were a higher level player, even if he was. They are all players at the end of the day. "I was thinking maybe perhaps I might come along. I'm just simply curious."

Hidden bit into the apple again as her stomach demanded more from her, gnawing at her insides until she ate more. This was the problem with eating when you are pretty hungry. She watched as he bit into his own apple, smiling with the taste. 'This is good. I wonder where he got it' she asked herself silently. He seemed to be quite a happy person, and so far the only one that had been nice to her in her whole time in Aincrad. Most players were aimed after helping themselves, not others. She could not judge as she was indeed the same way. She jumped a bit as the man spoke again, but she quickly eyed him. She listened intently with her question, but was unsure of how to answer. "I- um. I was either going to go and search for some more materials, or something else." She took another bite of the apple, her stomach beginning to calm down a bit. She chewed slowly, savoring the taste within her mouth. She watched as the man opened his inventory, equipping a hoodie and some blue jeans. She smiled softly. He spoke of coming with her, which seemed quite a bit like an offer for help. 'This man is different. He gives me food, and then offers to help me with bettering myself. 

Hidden sat silently, finishing her apple, as she thought of what to reply to the man. She had not had much experience in talking with people, so it would take her a bit. As she finished her apple, it shattered n her grip, leaving nothing in between the two. "I- I will accept your help. Thank you" ,The woman said, turning her gaze towards the plains. He had been so kind with helping her already, and then he offered to grant even more. She owed him to at least know who she was helping. She lifted her hands to the edges of the hood of her cloak. She hesitated for a few seconds before pulling back revealing herself. Sitting before the man was now a girl, soft log jet black hair with deep purple eyes. She attempted a smile, but it was half and nervous. She stood revealing her shortness before saying, "M-my name. My name is Hidden" 

Materials? Oh! Then that was going to be easy for him to handle, since he had the gathering skill. If they wanted it so badly, then he'd be more than happy to help with that. Gatherer multiplied the earnings of materials by about four or five, usually, four, but both were extremely good for him to work with. "Materials? Well then, I'd love to give you a hand if you'd like. I have the Gatherer skill, so I could rake in a decent amount for you to work with." Only for him to then look at her apple, left with just the empty stick. For his apple, he only took one bite out of it. Those were the only two apples that he had brought with him... So he would instead take the apple and rip it in half as evenly as he could. Her side had a little bit more, as it was not eaten. His side had the bitten part, so it was safe for him to eat. "Want a little bit more? I promise I didn't take any from that side." He'd stretch the unbitten half of the candy apple to her before then smiling as she would tell him about accepting his help. "Nahhhh, no need to thank me. I love to help out." That was the honest truth. He would love to help others, it was just like a fun hobby for him to do. However, the most surprising part was how she would then pull down her hood to reveal her face to him. Placing his hands in his pockets, he'd tilt his head to the side while still holding out his smile, it was rare for him to get to people so quickly. But this girl was extremely nice, and he was grateful for that. On top of that, she seemed to be more of the shy type, which in his opinion was the most adorable. "A pleasure, Hidden." He'd explain with a small humble bow. "My name is Sey. Very nice to meet you."

Hidden stood, looking silently up to the white-haired man. He was quite a bit taller than her, almost by a whole foot. He appeared to laugh a bit a the thought of needing help finding materials. Hidden stood silent, and the man began to explain that he had the gatherer skill which allowed him to get a ton of materials. The female turned to face the plains. The player at her side was much stronger than she. Why had he come down just o help her? It was so confusing, having everyone in the real world shoving her down, pushing her around and then she came here. Then another player went out of his way just to help her. Hidden felt a bit dizzy and turned as Sey held one of the halves of an apple out to her. The black haired girl gave the man a warm smile and took the piece of an apple. It appeared he loved to help. She shrugged at the idea. 'I guess there is just a bunch of different type of people. Leaders, followers, helpers, trouble makers. Every kind of person possible.' She bit the piece of the apple. She really needed to sometime ask him where he got it. Perhaps he was a cook, and able to make good food like this all of the time. 

Hidden listened closely as the white-haired man introduced himself as Sey. "Pleasure to meet you Sey!" She finished her side of the apple before feeling all of a sudden guilty. I literally just took all of this man's food. I feel like I am using the guy. I am being just like everyone else. The wave of guilt past and Hidden pointed out into the plains. "When shall we get started? During the day time, gathering materials is probably much safer when accompanied by someone of greater level. I spend most of my time gathering and training in the night" She left out the part of where it came out that her training and gathering had all been in vain. Sey seemed to be a nice guy. A lot nicer than most. Maybe she had been wrong about people. Or maybe Sey was just unique.  

Her voice was beginning to smooth out as the conversation was continuing to flow, her comfort seemingly increasing as they were able to interact with each other further.  That was the kind of aura he liked to give out. Sure while he usuaully did help others out to give himself a comfortable sense of satisfaction, it came with the added bonus of helping someone else out. He's indifferent in the game, working with what he needed to in order to live, and many of the things he did were for himself at the end of the day. Selfish? Perhaps. But in a game where his life was on the line, it was very much a reality that he needed to embrace if he wanted to get anywhere. "Absolutely. Let's go while there is still plenty of daylight to burn." He would nod his head as he would agree before making his way out from the inside of the safe zone to the outside, turning his head back to her to see if she were following. "Are you feeling better by the way? Hunger-wise I mean. I could bring you somewhere for a meal if you're still hungry." Sey liked to keep his partners well-fed. They seemed to be in a much better condition while they were on a full-stomach, both physically and emotionally.

Hidden watched silently as the man began to move. She felt he was nice, but after they exited the safe zone, she needed to be completely cautious and watch his every move. She had yet to see a weapon, but he might be just like her. Carry a small weapon and conceal it, ready at all times. She followed him toward the edge of town. He seemed to like the idea of searching the materials. There was a difference. He liked to do it during the day. 'Plenty of Daylight to burn?' Hidden watched as he crossed the safe zone and into dangerous territory. The female hesitated at the line. With all her courage she stepped forward. This would make her fair game to the player. She turned her head towards the man as he asked her how he was hunger wise. Her laugh came out as a smile and she kindly replied, "Thank you, but I am stuffed" She turned towards the plains and walked in front of the man.Perhaps not her best decision.

She searched around, looking for anything that could possibly used by a tailor or blacksmith to make her some items. She would probably become one of the two for herself, and maybe others. It all depends how other players in this world treated her. If they did not treat her well, they would be the first to feel her new knife. She pouted as she did not find any materials. She did not have high enough skills or equipment to find anything, and she would not work on her scouting skills for quite some time.  She needed to increase her damage as much as possible before then. 

73983 LD:4 

@Sey

Edited by Hidden

"Not a problem. Tell me if you do, I know one place where you could get free food." And that place was the one he owned himself. It was his restaurant, so he could easily provide plenty of the vanity items there. Many seemed to like what he had to craft for them. She seemed to take the lead as she placed herself in front of him. At first they seemed to be shy and liked to be isolant, but she then turned out to be a little bit more active. "As a fair warning, gathering is a risky skill without any items to help me seach. It might take a minute for me to find anything." He would explain as he would look onto the ground to see if there were any materials for him to collect, but none showed in sight. "Oh, whay profession would you like? Since you are aiming for materials, I would think you would like a profession, right?"

Ld : 1

@Hidden

Edited by Sey

Hidden search around slowly, going over everything. She wanted to ensure that she did not miss over anything. The search for materials was hard for her at the moment, but she knew she would be much better in time. She listened to the voice of the man behind her as he warned her that he did not have any scouting items which made his gatherer skill hard to use. The girl shrugged and continued to look. She has someone else helping her search and that was all that mattered. She was thrilled that someone helped her, but she did not care if he really did a good job. Him helping her was sweet enough, especially since most players would not have. Going through the rest of the area, she came out empty-handed. She sighed and turned her attention back towards Sey. Giving the man a warm smile, watching the gears turn as he came up with another question. 

Sey wanted to know why she wanted materials. He assumed it was for a profession. Hidden blushed a bit and said, "Well, actually I was going to use them to get some equipment. Later I was going to get a profession, whether I opened it up to the community or not depends."  The girl sighed, all of a sudden feeling guilty for using the man. He did not deserve to have to sit here and find materials to get equipment. 

74017 LD:9

@Sey

Edited by Hidden

"Oh riiiiight, I forgot that some shops like to sell equipment for materials. And at this day and age, I don't think they will mind if that is what you choose to pay with. It seems like everyone these days seem to lack their materials, which is not good. As for me, eh, I'm just a bit lazy. But I should probably start material hunting tomorrow."  He'd explain as he would then eventually find a glow on the ground. As he lowered himself to it, he would find unidentified materials to be used. Before she could get a chance to continue any further, he would take a chance to let her come over and claim the materials. "Hey Hidden! Come over here, I found some materials for you. If I touch them, they become cooking materials, so it's best you pick them up yourself. Gatherer multiplied them, now it's your job to claim them." And it was indeed that simple. He would continue to lean down so that she would know where to look, since not many people had the same scouting skill that he did. It was a useful once as well, especially for this sort of hunting. And soon, he would be able to give a hand to others for other sorts of things. The skill points needed for that were unfortunately tremendously high, but he was going to give it an effort.

ID: 74019

LD: 13 + 3 (Hecta's Coat +3 LD) = 16 (+4 Mats)

Total Mats Found: 4

@Hidden

Edited by Sey

OOC sorry for the wait.... Been Really busy.

IC: Hidden listened carefully to Sey. He appeared to not really care that she was doing this for equipment, which relieved her guilt by a ton. He understood completely, which was another advantage point of working with Sey at the moment. As she continued her search, she heard Sey say something about her coming over and picking a few materials. She walked over and looked very closely at the ground Sey pointed to. After a few seconds of focusing, a faint glow casted over the ground, indicating a few materials. As she picked them up, as if on command, they immediately transformed into solid small black ingots. They vanished in her hands, and she appeared to be a bit shocked. ' Ingots. Those are for blacksmiths. Why did it turn into that kind of material?' Hidden shook away that thought and smiled brightly to Sey. "Thank you! You are so kind for helping me with this." She turned away, a slight blush rose to her cheeks. He walked away, looking for materials. None came to sight, but she was sure there was some there.

74136 LD:6

@Sey 

Total Mats found: 4

Edited by Hidden

"Oh please. You are far too kind. I like to help. But this is nothing just yet. By the end of this, you should be secure of the materials needed for whatever you would like." He would explain as he would push himself back onto his feet, using his leg muscles to practically spring back up. This felt just like another casual day, helping out the newer players in the game. It felt like a bliss breeze touched his skin. Still though, despite helping out the others, he had his eyes set straight on trying to gain power. Selfish ambition perhaps, but he planned to make good use of it once he found it. As for his own emotions, well, his eyes were set on that only.  So he aimed to numb them as much as he could, and the only thing to phase him was the one encounter with the healing paladin. It was hard to ignore, it was a nightmarish reminder everyday. At least he was able to find some more materials a plus side. "Hey! i found some! 

Id: 74141

Ld: 16 + 3 

Total mats : 8

@Hidden

Edited by Sey

The woman returned to her searching, her black hair swaying as she turned. It felt strange to not have her cloak shield her face and hair, but it felt a bit better too. As if she was more free. After a bit of searching, the darker haired girl realized she had indeed found nothing. Turning away from her work, she heard the man beside her speak again, saying that he had found more. The woman had to restrain herself from ripping her hair out. 'How is he finding them like this! This is a bit insane!' The woman glanced over at the spot the man was looking and retrieved the four materials from his point. That made eight in total today. She looked over to Sey, and found her gaze stuck on his face for a second. His red eyes were a bit like hers, unnatural in color. His face held a warm smile, that just seemed to spread happiness. 'How can someone just be this happy of a person, that they literally just light up a room as they come in?' 

The woman smiled to him, and her gaze dropped to the ground. "I really mean it, the thank you I mean. You have no idea how many times I have put down, or set aside. You are the only one to have actually helped me so far. It will be a great start, and hopefully put me in the position for taking those beginner quests." She smiled, turning to hide it. She had not felt this happy... in years!

74193 LD:10... Bout to kill this machine!

Edited by Hidden

Hidden went from the mysterious hooded being she was once to a much more open person who humbled herself to others when they try to assist her. It brought him hope in the people in the game, since many of the players he met recently were really good at getting their way through manipulation or threats. And then there was a nice refresher through this player. It brought him a sense of joy knowing that there was still hope through her, it made him happy to help her out. After she explained that he was the first one to even give her help, he frowned. Her head would then turn to the side, in which he would tilt his head to the side. “That’s very saddening to hear, the game used to once be about everyone trying to escape the game, but now everyone is fighting for just themselves. I’ll be honest, I’m not exception, but I want to help others as well, because I remember what it was like being a new player. It’s the hardest part, so if I could do anything to help you…” He would put his pointer finger over he player icon as he would reveal a few options, the one he was looking for being the friend request one. A light tap would be given to it as he would then send the friend request over to her. “I’m there as long as you message me. I want to help as many people as they start off as I co-“ A cutoff as he would then notice that there was another glow on the ground. His steps were light as he paced towards it, and there they were, some more materials. “Oh Hidden, I have a gift for you right here.” Four more materials.

ID: 74211

LD: 20 + 3 = 23

Total Mats: 12 Mats Found

@Hidden

Edited by Sey

Hidden searched silently for materials listening to Sey speak. He was right for the most part about how most players fight for just themselves now. Everyone wanted the best equip and items, and did not care what path of destruction they left behind. Sey was one of the few who were wary of who and what they left behind. He was at least trying to tend, and bring up the lower levels. She smiled to him and went back to her searching. Her eyes slowly drifted back to him though as he opened his menu and pressed a few buttons. Within seconds a notification popped up in front of her. Sey was requesting to be her friend. She hesitated over the accept button. 'Why am i being so cautious? He has been so nice to me today. I owe him this at least, I mean I have already have shown him my face. She clicked the accept button and the notification faded. Smiling to the white haired man, she turned away, to end up listening to him again. He was speaking about him messaging her any time he needed help which caused her to think about it for a second. 'I don't think I could have him help me all the time. I mean, to see him all the time, I really don't think I am ready to do that with people. The man's voice stopped silently and she turned, finding that he had found four more materials. "I think you need to calm down over here," she said with a shy smile. She stepped over to him, noticing the glow in the ground. She picked up the four, and she looked up finding another one a few feet away. She had finally found a material. She stood with a smile, and she gave the man a light push on the chest. "I have only managed to find one!" she said with a giggle. 

74313 LD:17 Material found!

Total Materials: 13

@Sey

Edited by Hidden

He laughed a bit when she told him to calm down. A small little bubbly one, his half-British accent even showing off a little bit in the process. It was half from embarrassment of himself being praised, and the other half because it was just a lighthearted joke. "Sooooorry. I'll make sure to-" The snow-haired player would then be pushed back lightly on the chest when she found herself a material, his eyes raising from the sudden shock, but he was not even alert. For some reason, he felt like he knew it was nothing threatening. The woman had been far too kind for that, she did not seem like the type to hurt a fly. To him, that was not so much of a bad thing, he liked people with a gentle nature. She had a bit of a sly personality though with how she playfully pushed him, so she was definitely a fun type. "Pfft, I found nothing. I don't know what you're talking about." His arms would cross and his head would turn to the side as he faked being ignorant to it, letting out a playful "hmph" before then chuckling a bit, unable to keep a serious face. His smile revealed a lot more at this moment, and it was just material hunting as well, a small smile that was casual, but showed genuine happiness rather than any sly smile he might have ever worn.

ID: 74319

LD: 4 + 3 = 7

Total Mats: 13

@Hidden

Edited by Sey

OOC HA wouldn't hurt a fly! Come back in a few months X3

IC Hidden smiled to the man, who ended up crossing his arms and acting like he had not found any materials. With a hmph, he could not keep a straight face, and gave  full fledged smile. The woman laughed before turning, he black hair swaying with her.  She searched around some more, but to her luck, she once again found nothing. She turned to the man smiling. "So, perhaps anything you would like to do? I think we got enough materials now, especially since those beginner quests came out and I can just do those for some decent equipment. Or would you like to call it a day from here, I am perfectly fine with either." She secretly would have rathered longer, but the man had already wasted quite a bit of time with her, and he probably had things to do up in the higher floors. There was a lot of thigns coming up, with some new quests, and this man should be completing them, and getting much stronger. 

74357 LD:3

@Sey

Edited by Hidden

Hidden asked him about what they could be doing, and whether or not he would like to stick around longer or not. There was nothing for him to do really, all of his other friends were busy and he did not see any interesting quests that he had not done yet. With a sly smirk though, he would decide to tease her a little bit. "Ohhhh, no you don't. You're not getting rid of me that easily." Sey placed his hands back into his pockets as he would then bring his smirk back to a smile. "Well, I do like to treat players on this floor to treats. If you are still hungry, I don't mind bringing you to my restaurant." It was just a simple offer that allowed him a chance to know her a little bit better. If she ever needed his help, he might as well try to learn some more about her goals in the game, what build she was aiming for, and things of that sort. "If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can still wear the hood. You can still be... "Hidden"." A small chuckle from the little pun given, but it was not intended at all.