<Through the veil> PP-F1 <<Sey>>

Hidden watched the man closely as he smiled, and told her that she was not going to get rid of him that easily. Not surprisingly enough, he offered to bring her to his restaurant for something to eat. 'Well, the apples were quite good, his other food can't be bad can it?' She smiled to him and nodded to him. "Is this your little tactic? Find em, help them, and then take them out to dinner?" She gave the man a full-hearted laugh. As she heard his joke about her cloak, she flushed a bit from embarrassment and quickly brought up her hood, concealing her face. 'Perhaps if there is no one in the store I will be fine, but walking around in town, I don't want to give anyone the advantage of my identity.' She checked once again for her dagger to still be in her cuff sheath, which was luckily still there. She still was not strong enough to use it in a battle, but that would definitely be changing soon enough. "Lead the way, Casper!" she said, referring to his white hair. She smiled inside her cloak and began to walk forward. 'I wonder what he is going to cook. I bet it will be good, no matter what!' 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon hearing her joke, his eyes would lift up for a bit as he then remembered the words that Kasier told him. There was someone... And they... No way. Shaking his head from the side, he would brush off the remark. After all, this was his first encounter with her. Hidden made great company, and she was a little joker, but in a good way. She seemed nice and an ambitious ally for the future as well. It was great to have her added as a friend. "Pfft, that's how I get all of them." He'd return the joke back, though in all honesty, that was not his goal at all. In the end, all players were just pixels in the game. It would not be nonsense for him to consider every person in the game but him an illusion,  because they were. It was not possible for his emotions to be influenced in that sort of direction... At least, that's what he liked to think anyways. "Hey! That's not fair!" A small comedic whine as she called him Casper, but he would proceed to lead back to the town anyways. "Thanks for accompanying me. It's no fun alone."

Hidden walked beside the man, and smiled as he returned the joke. It was nice to lighten up to someone for a change, but she had to be careful. She did not want to have this one person be her entire link to the rest of the world, and become reliant on him. It was could to be able to rely on someone, but it was bad to be reliant. That made well enough sense. She kept her footsteps light, and kept her pace up with Sey, which was a lot harder than what you would think. The man was about a foot taller than she, with a much bigger stride. She was not exactly sure on his thoughts of her nickname, but it seemed to suit him. He was friendly, and his hair was white. Win win. "So Sey, do you enjoy cooking? I know most people enjoy their professions, and it is more of a hobby." She figured she could keep them going with some light conversation until they got to his restaurant. She was not good at speaking with people, but she could pelt him with questions in the mean time. Or he could take the reigns of the conversation, which would also be nice. 

"Oh absolutely. I never learned how to do it in the real world, but it was certainly a fun thing to try at first. The first few attempts..." He would tilt his head to the since and wince his eyes as he cringed from the first few thoughts he had of when he tried to make the steamed peanuts. They would end up in all sorts of misadventures, it took so long for him to even get them to the point in which they were vanity, meaning edible in human terms. "Not my proudest moments... And what about you? I know you want some equipment items, but have you ever considered trying out for a profession as well? That hoodie of yours makes you look like the ultimate merchant." He had to be honest, Hidden looked insanely dangerous in that cloak, despite him being able to scan her level and confirm that not even a lick of damage can be inflicted onto him. She was a smart girl for being able to use it and make herself seem isolant. Still though, he preferred to be a social butterfly. "The world could always invite an ambitious player, and you seem to fill the role." Sey would then approach the shop before proceeding to look for his keys.

Hidden watched the man carefully as they walked. She was in good shape with this man, but she was always cautious of where their hands were, and where their weapons were. She had no feeling that he would attack her, but it was best to be on the safe side. He spoke of his first ever times crafting, and his facial expressions told her that they were not the best. "That is all right, I hear that it is really hard in the beginning with crafting. You have a lot of business yet?" the woman asked. She was curious now of his profession, but he was the same way. He thought she would be a good merchant. She shook her head from side to side. "I understand where you see that, but merchants don't ever get anything done. Only a few professions are used at the time, hopefully, cardinal sees that and can fix that up for us. " she did not know what she wanted her profession to be. She wanted it to be something useful or important, not some dead end profession that is not needed. They arrived at his restaraunt, and she was curious to look inside. "Do you live here as well, or do you have a house?"

He unlocked the restaurant to reveal a more familiar tone to the modern real world that one might have seen if they have ever gone to a regular breakfast bar. It reminded him a lot of the real world, which he hoped the other players could relate to in the case of them feeling homesick. "Not usually, but that's fine since that makes this my own little private space. It's even my home, though I do work with another player for business. She's extremely lazy in anything else but her craft. She's friendly, perhaps you might meet her sometime. In the meantime, take a seat." Of course, he would open the door for her and hold it, waiting for her to get inside of the building before he then placed his hands in his pockets, leaning to make sure that it would stay open while his arms were available. "In the meantime, think about what you may want, anything. I'll gladly treat you well to it, I take all sorts of meals."

Hidden watched as the man opened the door, and revealed his shop. It looked a bit more modern then the rest of the places of Sao. It appeared to be just a comfortable and cozy place, and she could definitely see Sey just spending his free time here. The woman stepped in before Sey as he held the door. She looked around admiring the work into the place. He had probably spent a lot of time working on it to get to look like this. She found a seat at one of the tables and sat down. He offered her anything she could think of. It was almost instant, as she thought. Second nature. "Spaghetti!" She happened to love spaghetti with a passion. She removed her hood, her purple eyes seemed to twinkle as she thought. She smiled to the man and pointed to the restroom and the said, "I am just going to go and wash up" , with that she stood and walked over, pushing open the door. It was probably rude to eat with her cloak on, and only Sey was there, so there really was nothing to hide. He opened her inventory and equipped a black skirt and top, the skirt going down to reach just above her knees. She brought her hair into a bun and looked at herself in the mirror with a smile. The only thing most different about her now, was the paleness of her skin. Luckily for her it complemented her purple eyes. She walked over to the door ready to eat. 

Her face clearly gave her feelings for the spaghetti she ordered from him, her purple eyes screaming for it in fact.  A casual smile would emit from his own lips as he would then move towards the kitchen. "Coming right up, boss. Oh and please feel free. The spaghetti will be there for you in a few anyways." Sey then moved towards the back area, where only he would be allowed to enter since it is for just staff members. He cooked with an apron equipped since it was clean, and he did not need anything unclean to touch the meal. So he would begin to boil the water and put the noodles in, stirring for a good few minutes. "The spaghetti will be done soon. In the meantime, would you like to know something about me or my shop? Just to pass some time ya know." She was probably the most interesting one between the both of them, but he will not ask about her so suddenly. It was informal, especially to a lady.

Hidden opened the bathroom door, and headed over to the table that designated for her to eat. Sh found a seat, and found that Sey had moved to the make the meal, and he now had an apron on as he cooked. He informed her that the spaghetti would be done in a few, and asked if she wanted to know anything about the himself or the shop. "Anything...."  She looked aroud the room. She had no questions about the shop really, meaning she would have to go to Sey for a question. She started at his feet, and moved up and finally rested at his name tag. There was something there, that he had and she did not. She pointed at his bar and said, "The sun. What is that?" It was an honest question, she had yet to see a sun by her name tag. She once had seen a player with  crossed axes, one depicting the sword in the stone, and the last a coffin with a smile. She shuddered at the thought of the last one, but passed the memory away. 'There was another question I would like to ask as well, but it probably would be rude to ask about her.' She smiled, awaiting an answer from the man. She felt ot her sleeve against, and the little color she had in her face faded. She had unequipped her weapon along with her cloak. 'Oops.'

"Ohhhhh, thats my guild. Just joined it as well. Its dedicated towards what I was looking to do in the game." The player would explain as he would then begin to explain, since he did take pride in the group that he was now a member of. "The Celestial Ascendants, and we are designed to help out the new players in the game since we know how hard it is to start in the game." The snow haired player would explain as he would then go about what the guild was like for him. "Its a really chill guild. As long as you arent malicious in your killing and your intentions were to help or defend, you are about free to live normally with guild benefits. Of course I am juat an advertisement, you dont have to take my word for it." With that, the meal was then set as he placed the noodles onto the bowl, adding a pinch of salt. Once that was done, he would then slide the bowl over to her with a smile. "Here, tell me what you think." And now it was only fair for him to ask the lady a question. "Did you have a group in the game to help you?"

Hidden sat silently as he explained the meaning of the sun. It was his Guild, known as the Celestial Ascendants. According to Sey, they were a pretty nice guild and they let you live their life. Hidden shrugged. She didn't believe she could participate in any guild. At least not know. Then it appeared to be his turn to ask a question, which was a relief. "No. You are the first person I have really talked to. I came into this game alone, and I remained that way. I had no intentions of getting backstabbed, or perhaps murdered. For quite a bit, I even traveled at night" She sighed and began to smell the food. She smiled a bit greedily, but immediately lessened the smile. She was enjoying Sey's hospitality, but she should not take it for granted. Soon, the man brought out a bowl of spaghetti and her stomach seemed to want to just burst out and devour the entire bowl in an instant. She smiled and grabbed the fork. She twirled some of the noodles and took a bite. Soon, the savoring tase of spaghetti washed over her. She gave the man a thumbs up showing him that it tasted amazing. 

@Sey

"And how about now?" Sey would ask as he would notice that shs did place her trust in him to feed her something that had not been laced with paralysis potion on it. Of course, he did not do that, but there was no way to tell until it was too late. But she enjoyed the meal at least, and that was what mattered. "If it helps, I dont mind helping you grow stronger. Solo players in the game are better off with good stats, and thats tough to obtain at first. Only if you dont mind my doing so of course." As a gentleman, it was only proper to confirm if a lady would like something or not. Nothing should be forced upon her, only offered. His business partner was the exception, since she was just naturally lazy and needed to get out and do things. They were close enough to mess around with like that anyways. Hidden herself probably wouldnt mind, but he would hate to risk making herself uncomfortable.

Hidden listened closely to his words. He seemed to become rather inquisitive, which was reassuring that it was not all about her, and he could possibly get something from all of this. "A group as of now? No, it has remained absolutely the same. I have no group, still be trying to get better than the previous day." She spoke with a sad tone, although she really did not mind her training arrangements. With Sey though, it was a ton better than normal. She did not have to worry about getting snatched, killed, or hunted. It was reassuring and overall, more fun. He offered to help her get better as he knew it was much harder in the beginning. Hidden smiled, nodding her head. "I would like that." Slowly, she finished her bowl of Spaghetti and cleaned the bit of spaghtetti sauce off of her chin. "Anything of interest to you now Casper? Anything you like to do?" She was tired of having him fulfill her needs, she wanted to do something for him as well. She did not like the feeling of being in debt or helpless. 

"Pfft, well if anything, I would like to grow strong enough top live in The game without worrying about anything." He explained as he proceeded to take the plate from her when It was confirmed that she was finished With her meal, proceeding to wash the dish. "I dont like to ask anyone else of things when I do not have to. Now that i have to do that, and doing so would just be laziness. I was raised to work, and work I will." the snow haired player would explain as he would then take off his apron and look over to her. "Make yourself comfortable. That is all I ask of you, I love seeing new players prosper. Or of you really want to get col, Ill gladly come along with you." And with that, he would take a seat at the lounge couch and lean back against it as a relaxed sigh would emit from his lips. To sit down after a while was a bliss feeling.

Hidden kept her eyes on Sey as he spoke. His words became a mere background noise as she began to think. 'I still don't know his reason. Why is it that he is so much nicer and he has no reason. Most players only would do things that would benefit them, but doing all this for me would not be benefiting to him. I like it though. He seems to just radiate happiness'. With a smile she tuned back in, getting in on his question just on time. "At the moment, I have no wish to go out and fight for col. When I am finally ready, I know that I could do it on my own. Perhaps, in the future. Then, I would love to get some col with you. Now, it really is not the time. Soon though. Soon." She smiled to him and teased his mind for a bit more information. "What is your weapon of choice? Also, why did you choose it?" Reasons why people liked the weapon they used had always intrigued her. Most said they just thought it was cool, but some went into depth with their play style. Their weapons mattered to them. 

"All right, if you say so." He would reply in return as he would raise his arms for his elbows to lean against the top of the cushion of the couch that he was sitting on, truly enjoying himself while there. She would then ask for his weaponry and why he chose it. That made him happy, knowing that she was willing to go further into the conversation to learn about him. Her quest for knowledge was something he liked in a player, for that meant that they will know all sorts of useful things to help the cause. "The one-handed assault spear was my choice of weapon. Reason being, well, the spear is a weapon that is not commonly picked in the game. I want to be my own character, my own player, my own being, Sey. Sey is not a common name I like to think, which is done on purpose as well. Not many people aim for a Balance build, and that's what I aimed for. I want to be as different yet powerful as I could be, and the spear helps me. As for you, what kind of build are you rocking?"

Hidden listened to the man intently. he said the he liked to be the most unique as possible. He had a unique name, weapon, build and style. She should have known that she would be getting a question back about builds. "Oh. Well I guess I would be going for more of an Assassin build. Which may also be called a Damage, Scout Hybrid build."  Hidden stared at the man a bit. She never really had intentions of telling anyone her build until it had been worked upon. As she talked to him, it just spilled out. 'Stop doing that!' Hidden brushed the thought away and looked around. She really had no idea of what to say. She pulled her hair out of its bun and let it fall below her shoulders were it usually lied. 'Well I told him my build, I might as well tell him my weapon.' The woman straightened and finished, "My preferred weapon is the dagger. It is easily concealed, quick and deadly. Also I became really fond of the weapon in the real world. I was hoping for there to be a throwing skill, so perhaps cardinal can generate one?"She smiled awaiting a reply. 

"Ohhhhh, so you are kind of... Among the Hidden." A pun lightly mentioned with a small smile followed by a chuckle, his hands waving before the lady could respond. "All right, all right, I'll stop that now. But that's an interesting build you would have then. You would even obtain the ability to do cool things like picking locks and stealing items. Glad to know we are on the same side." With this explained, she would then proceed to talk about her weapon. Upon hearing that her preferred item was the dagger, his eyes would flicker with interest upon hearing about such a unique item. Seems like she went for the original choices in life as well, which was perfect since he loved how people can think for themselves instead of aiming for what is deemed to be mainstream. "Thats where admirable. Hopefully the Cardinal follows through with your wishes. I assume you want to get unique skills? Or at the very least, unique enhancements."

Hidden listened to the man and bursst out as he brought up a joke relating her and a book. "Don't Even! I liked that book, but the rest of the series was quite bland." Among the Hidden was one of many books in her room that she had read. She smiled as she watched him and he seemed to show some interest in her weapon. Then he added in on unique skills and enhancements. Hidden smiled to him and said, "You already know it! I want to become the strongest I can be. Since I will have damage on my side, eventually a demonic or something of that sort will fall into my hands." She smiled to him, then her attention adverted to outside. It was beginning to get dark. 'How long have I been in here' It really didn't matter. She could stay as long as Sey obliged. If he mentioned that they should ut the meeting short, she would happily oblige and make herself unseen. She did not like to be where she was unwanted or needed. Sey had been an amazing host, but she felt the time together tonight was cutting a bit short. 

She seemed to be enjoying herself, which was something he was proud of. It was nice to know that whatever shell he had to go through was broken, and now she chatted like the average player did. At least to him. He chuckled when he heard her commentary on the series, though admittedly, he only read the first book. “That’s a good ambition to have. There are about 80 more demonic items left, one per floor. I’m sure it won’t be too hard for you to get your hands on one of them. Though… They are either really hard to get or really expensive. I suggest trying to buy one from another player.” Sey would explain before looking out to see that the day seemed to be coming to a near end. Shoot, that was far too brief for his liking. “Where do you usually sleep, if you don’t mind me asking.” If there was nowhere, he was willing to compromise a little bit in order to help. All he had to offer was the lounge couch since his business partner already had his own bedroom. But if it meant helping a player from being on the streets, he’d definitely give it.