{PP-F11} Gathering again <Itzal and Sey> <closed> <earning a living>

Once again Itzal stood on the eleventh floor.  He both loved and hated this floor.  He loved it because of it's unique appearance, the Italian styled structures, and also the material bonus available here.  Why he hated this floor, was the fact that the KoB's presence was strongest here.  He really didn't like that guild and one of them gave him some problems a while back.  Some random member.  The KoB were boastful and proud, overconfident and arrogant.  Not to mention the commander was a jerk to his fellow guild members.  He sighed and thought about his own guild.  They'd been having a few issues but they were finally being resolved.  Another vote was taking place and Itzal had already made his choice with his own solid reasons for it.  He held the votes and answers on a piece of paper in front of him, looking at which way it could end up going.  He sighed and placed the paper back in the inventory and turned around, waiting for Sey to arrive in the teleporter.

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

And back down to the 11th floor for something that he needed to do in order to keep his shop going. It was put at a violently abrupt halt as he ended up running out of materials. And the amount of energy he had for crafting burned through them all faster than he could collect them. But that was why he was there today. "Yo Itzal!" Sey would call to the paladin. Itzal was the one who invited him to get the materials, and this time, the snow-haired player had gatherer active, so he could get more than five materials this time rather than how he did last time. He only got lucky with three more when the both of them found a treasure chest. "I'm ready to get some materials. I even brought a coat with me that increases my lu-... Er, percent. I also got gatherer, so I should have way more materials this time than I did last time, especially on this floor. Tell me when and we can depart from here."

Itzal watched the player appear and smiled.  When he came up to him and began speaking, Itzal heard him stop his sentence to correct himself and Itzal shrugged.  "Call it whatever you will man.  I just gave you my opinion, you don't have to believe it.  I don't mind."  When Sey mentioned the coat he looked at it and nodded with a grin.  "Yeah I could tell!  To be honest you look like a full on merchant!  If the profession was better I would have suggested it."  In fact, the idea of merchants reminded him of an anime he had recently started watching before SAO happened.  It was called Sinbad he believed.  Either way it wasn't important right now.  "Anyways, I'm ready whenever you are my friend.  Let's head out now in fact."  So Sey went with a coat as well huh?  Save for the fact that his was a bit more flashy, well...  Actually Itzal's was more discreet.  Sey's was a normal coat he'd say.  He scanned the town for any materials on the way to the gate.  Unfortunately his eyes didn't spot any available materials.  "So, how does it feel to be a member of the guild?  And may I ask how your leveling is going?  What skills have you developed?"  Itzal was naturally curious when it came to skills, technique and strategy.  It was in his blood.

ID#  74153  LD:  3+8=11

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Sweet, because loot and luck both start with the same letter. It's very hard to not mix them up for me. Oh well, I'll get it eventually." A simple shrug would then be let out as he would begin to scan the scene to see if there was anything that would pop out in plain view for him to collect. However, as he would venture, nothing seemed to be in plain sight. "I would have loved that! Though I don't mind becoming a chef. I never learned how to cook, but now I know all sorts of recipes. It makes me sad how I had to stop for a bit thanks to the lack of materials. It's like the whole game went on a material drought." Sey would explain simply, placing his hands in his pockets as he realized the area around him seemed to provide nothing useful for him at to the moment. Itzal would ask him about his leveling and how he was doing with his skills, in which he could proudly answer this time. "I am finally obtaining a good amount of use. I got my spear grandmastered and my first aid at rank three. I now want to focus a bit more on the tank side of the build and even invest some skill points in the "Switch" skill, so I could start off as a healer, but then save a tank if they are too low on health."

ID: 74154

LD: 9 + 3 = 12

Total Mats: 0

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal heard Sey comment and he nodded.  Itzal still believed it was all in the percentage and no luck involved, but to each their own opinion.  When Sey made a comment about his loving cooking Itzal laughed and nodded.  "Yeah!  I envy you cooks!  all I can do with food is either eat it or make it blacker than a starless night.  I've always sucked at cooking, never been good at it.  However I do enjoy music, so I decided to shoot for performer.  Although I think I might try reading stories into the recording crystals next.  Who knows?"  Itzal didn't believe that there could be a material drought, but Sey seemed to believe most rumors players dished out.  Still, it was an opinion and he was able to have them.  Then Sey began to talk about his skills and when he mentioned the spear Itzal became a little more curious.  "Wait, one handed spear?  Or two handed?  There's a big difference unless they removed the one handed spear as well.  And that is a good idea.  I'll say that at the current moment, healers aren't much use on the front lines, but I'm betting that they will be needed soon enough.  Until then you could use the switch skill to go from dps to tank in a heartbeat."  As they left the gate, Itzal noticed five edible flowers and he smiled as he picked them.  "A drought you say?"

ID#  74155  LD:  12+8=20

Total mats:  4

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Pfft hardly dude. The game usually handles cooking, I just learned recipes when reading. If I tried it back in the real world, I don't think the system would be able to help me out too much. I'm not too bad as a cook, but nowhere near as good as I am in the game. There has to be a reason for the sudden leap in skill." And that answer would leave things the way it was, since the answer to his last rhetorical statement was pretty much clear at this point. Itzal would mention his music, and that was a skill that the snow-haired player never obtained in the real world or this one. "I never learned to play an instrument in my life. Well, video games based on them, sure, but I don't think they are anywhere as easy as pressing buttons on a guitar." Sey would explain to the scout paladin as he continued his search on the ground for anything that could be of any use, but to no avail as the materials did not seem to be showing up. His luck was a bit stale today. "Oh, it's the one-handed spear. It was a stupid mistake I made as a beginner, since I have no intentions of getting a shield either. In the case of us needing DPS and tanks, I hope to fulfill those roles soon enough."

ID: 74156

LD: 10 + 3 = 13

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal heard what Sey said about the game system helping players cook.  With that he stopped and sighed.  He opened his inventory and pulled out a tiny pan, a makeshift spatula, and an egg.  He placed them down and walked over to gather some wood.  Once he had he made a little fire and a stand to hold the pan up.  He then placed the egg in the pan.  He knew how eggs were made.  He even knew how long they were supposed to stay in there..............  And yet somehow it all ended up the same way.  Itzal ended up lifting a shriveled up, pitch black, burnt and repulsive egg.  When Sey had a good look he threw the item behind him and let it shatter.  As he put the items back into his inventory he sighed again.  "In that case I'm worse than I thought.  Jeez, I already thought I hit rock bottom."  He shook the thought off and shrugged as he stood up again.  "Oh well.  I'm a scout not a cook.  And Sey?  Those games you play are not at all like the real thing.  I can show you sometime if you'd like.  And if you'd like some songs you can buy some from my shop.  Nobody buys good quality items from me anyways, so yeah."  He spotted a chickens nest with four eggs residing in it.  "Ok, now you're just teasing me cardinal, knock it off already."  He put the items in his inventory and moved on.

ID#  74157  LD:  10+8=18

+4 MAT

8 total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Ooookay then, no more cooking for you for now then. Not until you master the cooking craft. I can only help so much though, I have a lot of progress to go according to the game, which of course is just a very encouraging message." He would tell Itzal as he continued to look around, still to no avail as the coat was trying so hard to help him out, but his luck was just dead today. It did not really take too long for him to find things, the law of probabilities were out for him today it seemed. "Sounds good to me, though I don't even know where to start. As in, what instrument am I to play? As for songs, I have plenty of col anyways, I might come check it out. Could use a little bit more music in my life anyways, and if not for that, at least for the shop." It was a lack of music that he had to fill in his restaurant, just to give it a little bit more light and to help those who enter it alone, which were many players surprisingly.

ID: 74158

LD: 5 + 3 = 8

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

When Sey mentioned his mastering the cooking craft he turned to his friend with a look that clearly stated <After that little display you honestly think I could master novice?>  He then heard Sey talk about how he had the col so he might as well purchase some from time to time.  Itzal gave him a thankful smile.  With no customers to get any good items, they'd been stockpiling for far too long.  He needed to get rid of them and fast.  "Thanks, I'd appreciate it!"  When Sey talked about which instrument he should try first Itzal thought about it.  "Well it honestly depends on what you enjoy to listen to the most.  There's the guitar, banjo, electric guitar, drumset, bongos, violins, harp, flute, ocarinas, piano's, bass guitar, the list goes on.  And then when none of that amuses you enough, there's always singing.  Of course, if you're a cook you can't have two professions, but you can work on your personal skill with it if you'd like.  Don't have to, just something you could use to while the time away."  He scanned the area for other materials.  Hopefully something unrelated to eggs...  Itzal spotted some fruit up above and smiled.  He leaped towards the tree, jumping from the trunk to the branches, snagged the five apples, and landed once again with a grin as he stored them.

ID#  74159  LD:  13+8=21

+4 MAT

12 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Not a problem! Who knows? You might be a great chef with a lack of a good start, but that could change easily." Words said easily, but they were filled with meaning as he would pluck a few mushrooms from the ground on sight, gatherer really doing the trick as he brought up five of them before placing them into his inventory. Usually two patches of materials are enough to carry out the task of giving him a lot of attempts in a day to make something. Now something like forty was not even a good enough number to hold him up. "Okay, FIRST OFF... No singing..." That was definitely not a skill he would master, no matter how much he tried. If he were santa claus, everyone would be mad because Sey had no gifts in that aspect. "The Ocarina sounds like a fun little instrument to bring along, I'd like to learn how to use that. The reason being, it's portable and seems to fit well with these clothes."

ID: 74160

LD: 17 + 3 = 20

Total Mats: 4

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal still lacked the faith that he could become any sort of chef, but he didn't press the point any further.  There wasn't any point to an argument on a hopeless subject.  However when Sey reacted so loudly Itzal looked at him rather shocked before calming down quickly after.  "So wait, you don't have any desire to sing?  Or your just not good at it?  Because as you so fondly pointed out to me, there's always a chance to master it, right?"  Itzal of course was joking.  If he didn't like singing or didn't believe he could, there wasn't any way he'd want to go trying it.  However when he mentioned the ocarina.  He smiled.  "Yeah, that's a good instrument.  It makes very beautiful music and although it's tricky to learn at first, once mastered you can captivate others hearts with it's sound.  I planned on practicing it soon so maybe we could learn together?"  His eyes never stopped to scan the area for materials as they walked.  Itzal smiled as he spotted yet another five materials, this time as herbs.  He picked them and placed them in his inventory.

ID#  74162  LD:  16+8=24

+4 MAT

16 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Hey now, there is a difference between something that's able to be mastered, and something that is just naturally hopeless." The thoughts of him trying to sing did not really put him at ease. Besides, what would he even sing? The most he would contribute to would be his favorite genre, and how would be be able to provide to electronic music? Especially considering the game most likely did not even have that genre of music available in the first place, which was a huge downside to it. "Sounds fine by me! It looks like a fun time, though I can expect a lot of moments full of rage. I'm a very... Ambitious fellow to say the least. And when things don't go my way at first, I tend to get... Annoyed to say the least once again." He was honest about that, because it was absolutely true, and to deny it would just be him lying to himself. There was no shame in it, just something that could be tweaked a bit.

ID: 74163

LD: 4 + 3 = 7

Total Mats: 4

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal listened to Sey's comment and smiled.  Why wouldn't he either?  He had a way out.  "Anything can be mastered over time Sey.  Anything can be practiced until you know how to do it.  Save for one thing:  Perfection.  Nothing can be perfected."  Save for one he thought.  However he usually tried to keep religion to himself since most didn't care to hear it.  He often wondered what it was like to live, believing there was no God looking out for you.  Giving purpose to everything in the world.  Oh well he thought.  When Sey mentioned his rage episodes Itzal gave an encouraging smile.  "In that case, learning how to play an instrument will be much more difficult for you.  Emotion has a very great effect on your music.  If you get angry, you won't play well.  Also, the best music comes from your soul, not your mind.  A lot of times, music can speak louder than words."  His eyes scanned for more materials, hoping to stockpile again and burn through crafting until he reached the top.  Even if he wasn't going to be able to do much with it, at least he'd be the best performer there was.  And if Sey continually purchased songs...  Oh crap, he forgot to add in the discounts and such.  Oh well, he had much remodeling to do anyways.  Itzal spotted four nuts inside a gap of a tree and placed them in his inventory.

ID#  74164  LD:  10+8=18

+4 MAT

20 MAT total

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"If you say so, but trust me, this voice won't be adjusting for a long time. It's good with persuasion, like many others are not. But then those others might be gifted with a bliss voice, and I definitely was not." The snow-haired player would explain as he would then place his hands down towards a batch of mint leaves that there lying on the ground, increasing the materials once again just like he needed. This was a fun little sport, it made the scout part of the balance build extremely enticing. He needed to increase that part soon enough, and then that way he can continue on with a good amount of loot. It would require his last skill slot, but it probably would be worth it. "Well if I stay mad, then sure. But I don't stop there. I get my rage out, then I try again. I keep trying, over, and over, and over until I get it right. It gets annoying, and I can accept it not being the best on the first few tries. But eventually, it will work out.

ID: 74165

LD: 19 + 3 = 22

Total Mats: 8

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal heard Sey's comment then looked at him with a weak smile.  "Then next time I show how hopeless I am at cooking by turning one of the most simplest dishes into a monstrosity like that, how about we just accept the fact that I suck at it and leave it at that eh?"  His voice was tight but it was obvious that he wasn't actually angry.  Or upset.  He had already accepted his terrible skills as a cook.  He listened to Sey talk about how he'd get mad, let it out and try again.  And when he described the problem as annoying, and it certainly sounded like it.  Itzal had to face his own emotion a while ago in the calming the soul quest...  Quite literally!  However many bosses have begun to make Itzal doubt whether he will stay calm if an ally goes down...  He nodded.  "Whatever works for you my friend.  Personally I think I'd go insane if that's how I'd have to do it.  Especially since there's many things that prove difficult."  Then he spotted a glimmer.  He stopped and immediately went to check it out.  He saw four gemstones and....  Another shard of mithril.  He smiled and placed it in his inventory.

ID#  74168  LD:  20

+4 MAT (one is saved as mithril shard.  For rp purposes only)

23 MAT total  <>  1 Mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

Sey picked up a few leaves from the ground when he noticed that they were mint leaves. While inspecting, he would then reply, though he felt that there was a difference. Cooking, no one is a natural at. Singing, well, some were gifted with the voice. Sure, some develop a voice, but they end up being restrained due to what they were given. It was why he never wanted to try again, it was by far one of the most personal talents he wishes to never obtain, since he was a perfectionist and would never be happy. “Well, if ya say so. I like it honestly, because the reward ends up being bliss. I’m like my own coach when it comes to that sort of thing, so I often teach myself some things. I have been raised to help myself in case no one is there. Of course, having others around is preferred, but there will be points in which I have to do things myself. So fortunately, I’m prepared.”

ID: 42213

LD: 18 + 3 = 21

Total Mats: 12

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal heard Sey's comment and nodded.  "Everyone has their way of doing things.  I just can't do it like that is all."  He thought about his business.  Nobody was really buying anything and until his damage was up, col was a bit difficult to harvest.  Materials were where he made happen.  Unfortunately materials didn't buy houses.  He wanted to build one on the twentieth floor.  It was such a peaceful floor and very beautiful.  Itzal thought of how much col he needed though.  It would take time, but it wasn't impossible.  Of course, the guild hall came before his house.  Speaking of which he thought.  "Sey, do you ever plan on getting a house?  I've lived in my shop for some time but I'd like to get a nice little house at some point.  Heh, I used to always spend my nights inside the inns.  Although I also like the thought of camping too."  He smiled as he kept his eye out for anymore possible mithril shards.  He wanted to one day have armor crafted out of mithril, and hopefully he and Jonathan would find the dwarves afterwards.  Then his eyes widened as he found yet another group of gemstones in the ground.  When he pulled them out he smiled as he had revealed yet another mithril shard.  He stored that also into his inventory.

ID#  74216  LD:  20

+4 MAT (one as mithril shard)

26 MAT total  <>  2 mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

"Well, I guess I could work a little bit harder in trying to get the house. Col gathering and what not, but I really want to upgrade my things... Then again, my bedroom is occupied by a guest usually and I have to sleep on a lounge couch. It would be nice to have my own bed again." Housing was something that he did not really need, but it was more of a luxery this time. He lacked a second room, so Kooh was taking his own bedroom in his shop while he took the lounge couch, which was not uncomfortable for sure, but it was definitely not a bed. Besides, a blanket would be nice once in a while. "But... I want to be a bit careful though when buying one. I want to make sure I have enough col to buy the few extra things I'd like in it before making the purchase. I'd rather not have an empty house, that just takes space and the col in my wallet." A bed at the very least would be enough for him to get it, but Itzal probably did not need to know that.

ID: 74226

LD: 7 + 3 = 10

@Itzal

Edited by Sey

Itzal heard Sey's words and turned to him in interest.  "So you're sharing your shop with someone else too?  I had a guest room built into mine for that purpose when I got it.  May I ask who it is?"  Itzal loved meeting new people, and if possible he'd like to meet this person too.  His face blushed a little when he recalled that Kasier was now living in his shop.  Not in the same room of course, neither of them would even think of doing that.  But it was still a little nerve racking for him still.  Then Sey talked about the house he was going to get and Itzal nodded.  "Yeah, same here.  I did my own calculations and found out how much everything would cost, base, floors, rooms and furniture.  It'll take a long time but eventually I plan on getting there.  However I'm currently working towards helping the guild get a guild hall first.  Once that's out of the way I can focus on the house."  He scanned the area but this time there was no materials in the area.  Well, he had found two mithril shards today.  He was very glad and content with that.  He smiled.

ID#  74249  LD:  6+8=14

26 MAT total  <>  2 mithril

@Sey

Edited by Itzal

He'd ask about the one who was staying at his shop. To him, it was more of a business move. Plus, to help her stay under a roof rather than sleep out in the forests helped put him to sleep at night. "Well, I don't know if you know them or not since they are a bit lower in level. They go by the name Kooh, and she is a performer. In a way, we share a shop and promote each others businesses. I don't have a guest room though, so she had to use mine. As for me, well, I get the guests lounge couch." Sey explained, remembering the ginger and how she often would sleep in the area that was once his room. It was a safe haven for many players it seemed, first Pixel and now Kooh. Still though, he was not in discomfort either, and he did like to be of an assist. Her chill nature as well was refreshing, since many players seemed to have too much energy for their own good as well as his. "The guild hall! Yeah! We should probably keep saving up for that. I only have twenty grand total col right now though, as in, overall."

ID: 74250

LD: 5 + 3 = 8

@Itzal

Edited by Sey