F17-PP) Sentinel Sey? (CA Promotion Thread)

Jonathan stood upon the seventeenth floor. He lied in Athenia, in the south eastern area of the map. He enjoyed this place, espcially with the Greek Mythology. Today was not about the sights, it was to bring Sey up. Hopefully to Sentinel. He just had to prove that he was ready. The blond smiled and watched as an NPC in full Greek battle armor walked by, followed by what appeared to be an apprentice of the man. He nodded to the man and waited. He had to bring Itzal along with them as well as the process required to Paladins he guessed. Anyway, he really was not the judgement of mind, but more the judgement of skill and combat. He waited for them, looking around. A few of the NPC's were dueling, something he might do with Sey. He would not wear his full tank armor, but Sey was now aroud his level. It was a bit annoying, but he could manage it. He was training hard now to catch back up to everyone. He had not moved far since the last boss fight. "I am here first, but Itzal can be in charge of the little routine. He is much better with rules and schedules. 

@Itzal @Sey

Itzal materialized on the seventeenth floor for the first time.  When he did he smiled as the Greek mythology was always interesting.  Velnia immediately darted about to explore, surprising all the Greek people.  As Itzal walked by he smiled to them.  "What?  Never seen a dragon before?"  He made his way over to the proper coordinates, all the while thinking...  Sey really burned through the levels there.  It reminded Itzal of when he had first entered Aincrad.  He chuckled to himself.  Those were the days.  He made his way through the town in his twilight cloak with his very large sword on his back.  It was new, crafted by a blacksmith he found earlier.  He made a promise to Mina, saying she'd be his personal Blacksmith.  However, once they found and killed the twentieth floor boss and unlocked the twentieth first floor, the third tier would be out and therefore he could make an even better sword.  The guard and pommel appeared like obsidian and the handle was black.  He spotted Jonathan and smiled, waving to his friend.  "Hey Jonathan!  How's it going my friend?"

@Sey

It seems like the 17th floor was the common famous place for Sey now, this was the third time in a row he had been on this floor when it came to the higher floors that gave the tier 2 materials. Jonathan and Itzal were to be there today, and he eventually located them as well. As of right now, he did not have anything equipped since he did not really expect to get into a battle. Still though, something must have been going on if there were two of the Paladin's involved. "Yo Jonathan. Itzal. I'm here. What's up?" He would ask as he would tilt his head to the side, his hands in his pockets as the wind would gently blow along his clothing, letting it sway loosely in a manner that displayed his calm and collected nature. There must have been something important coming up. Sey had been grinding hard, perhaps that was a part of it. If so, then chances were this was going to be something positive, which was a nice thought to have equipped as of right now.

@Morgenstern @Itzal

Jonathan stood and watched as Itzal was the first to arrive, followed by Sey. Velnia seemed quite excited and he smiled at the small dragon before addressing Itzal. As his eyes met Sey he chuckled and said, "You need a serious calming down on the training. I had no idea from the first time I met you, that you would be caught up to me within two months and working on become a Sentinel." Jonathan laughed and looked back to Itzal. He communicated with looks as the two had become quite familiar with communicating without actually talking. Something you get when you trained with that person every day for months straight. With looks, he asked @Itzal, 'So, what are we gonna do here exactly. I think you should take the lead on this one' He glanced back over to Sey who seemed to be waiting a bit confused on what was going on. Giving Itzal a chance to think, he asked Sey, "How have you been lately? Anything other than grinding happen lately?" 

Itzal heard Jonathan's comment to Sey and smiled, nodding.  "Yeah.  You need to learn to enjoy yourself as much as you train Sey.  Maybe the three of us could grab a bite to eat after this eh?"  Velnia popped out from nowhere upon those words but he quickly stopped her.  "Not you dagnabit!  I fed you an entire sixteen inch pizza before we came, you don't need any more food!!!"  Velnia grinned, giving Itzal a look of her own that said, 'I'm always hungry'.  Itzal shook his head and looked away from the silly dragon as she returned to her exploration.  He caught Jonathan's look and cocked an eyebrow.  Itzal?  Take the lead?  He was fine with leading scouting raids since he had the highest search rate, but other than that he didn't really enjoy being in charge.  However Jonathan wanted him to.  "Weeeeell, I already know you're mentally ready for the job.  Perfect actually.  What we need to establish now is if you have the proper skills to be qualified as a sentinel.  Seeing as how you're balanced we could start with seeing what skills, mods and gear you have and, go from there?  Fighting monsters won't do any good since there aren't many good ones out there...  How about this?  We test your damage, mitigation and scout skills?  You try dealing damage that passes Jonathan's mit a good bit, and I'll try doing the same towards you.  Sound fair?  Oh and my damage isn't all that great so no fear."

@Sey

"Things are really looking up after this little encounter. Before that, I am meeting all sorts of cool people. Oh! And my restaurant business is blooming like never before, and I am loving it. Overall, it is doing very well. And Itzal, what if I do both at the same time?"  Sey explained with a grin as his hands would be placed behind his head. Grins from the snow-haired player was rare, but it was just him out with da bois, where he did not have to be so calm and collected. Itzal would explain that they perhaps should test his balance build out with mitigation and damage. Upon hearing that, he would flick open his inventory and equip the Memorilia Spear and the Leviathan Armor. "Sounds good to me, I think I could do this!" His damage was about average, which is a very good sign for a balance player. But of course, he could go further, and that was what he wanted to do. The position was just one step. "Memorilia Spear One-Handed Spear, +6 Damage. I have 12 Base Damage. Leviathan's Blessing, 54 Mitigation. 57 Mitigation in total. Memorlia S - Pocket Watch, +3 Accuracy. I have a Grandmastered weapon skill, a rank 3 First Aid Skill, a rank 1 Heavy Armor Skill, a rank 2 Search and detect, Survival, Concentration... I believe I have no mods yet. That's about it."

Spoiler

Stats

Lv: 35 l 12 Dmg l 57 Mit l 3 ACC l 70 Energy l 700 HP

Items

- Mini Memorilia Spear (Tier 2) - +6 Dmg

-Leviathan's Blessing Armor (Tier 2) - + 54 Mit

-Memorilia S - Pocket Watch  (Tier 1) - +3 ACC

Battle Ready Inventory

-2 Rare T1 Health potions

Mods

Nothing to see here m8

Skills

-One-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 5)
-Battle Healing: (Rank 2)

-First Aid: (Rank 3)
-Heavy Armor: (Rank 1)
-Search and Detect (Rank 2)

-Concentration

-Survival

Buffs

None

@Morgenstern @Itzal

Edited by Sey

Jonathan watched as Itzal seemed to understand him. The darker haired man looked to Sey and started to speak. Jonathan smiled until the last bit of information. "Passes through my mitigation... That should be fine enough, but getting through my restorative properties will be a problem." The blond chuckled, but did not like to talk about his current skill much anymore since he had not been training hard enough himself lately. He listened to Sey's stats and he smiled. This man really had done it. He could not imagine Sey now when he first met him. Now, he was battling to stay in front of Sey, but it was proving to be ultimately impossible. Then a question popped up thorugh his mind. "What will your familiar enhancement be?" Jonathan was working on getting his, but his was proving difficult to find. He equipped his tanking items, smiling as his stats rose by a tenfold. "Alright, I really think hunting a few monsters would be quite fun though." Was the man in front of him ready to take a leading position? It really was a lot of work, and a lot would be expected of him, including his staying. If you moved up to Sentinel, that meant that you were committed to the guild, and not pull a... Beatbox. 

Itzal smiled to Jonathan as he mentioned his regeneration abilities.  "Yeah we don't have to worry about that.  I'm sure you'll know how much damage he's dealing before the healing part kicks in.  As long as he deals enough past the mitigation he's fine.  And Sey, dang, you really have made a decent balance build there.  I can't wait to see the day you master it."  Then Jonathan asked Sey about his familiar.  Upon this of course, Velnia flew in and landed on Sey's head, looking at him curiously, interested in what sort of familiar he'd like to get, both enhancement wise and what it would be.  Itzal heard Jonathan mention something about fighting monsters being fun Itzal grinned.  "I mean, we could do that instead of getting a bite to eat after this, but I guess it's up to Sey.  He's the one looking for the promotion so he can choose the celebration."  Itzal knew Sey would be excellent at being a Sentinel.  He reminded Itzal of himself a little.  With Beatbox leaving the guild they'd need someone to help them out.  With Sey being a Sentinel he could help lead guild events and raids.

@Sey

"While hunting monsters is actually fun, you both have seen me fight them before. If you can't make a judgment from then, what good would it be to judge now doing that? I think the original idea has the ability to put things to the test." Sey would explain as he would look over to Jonathan when he asked about the familiar, his face really unsure. Honestly, he was not too sure. Many of the items covered the enhancements that familiars could have, there was not too many options. Though he might have been able to choose if his... Friend actually was planning to crafted the unique enhancements for him. The snow-haired player wanted fallen damage. "Honestly, I don't know about the familiar thing. I haven't had much time to think of that really. Some things popped up." Hopefully she was going to follow through with it. If so, he could get a damage familiar if she actually got all three enhancement slots to be Fallen Damage. "Thanks Itzal. I hope to make it there soon. But it will all be worth it, I know it. I'm not the strongest for my level, but that's just temporary."

Jonathan listened as comments just started to fly around the area like it was nothing. He heard the word celebration in there as well. He smiled to Sey, going first with him getting past his mitigation. All right Sey, come and get me. He smiled as he would use this chance to show off his only mod. The focused howl. He clutched his shield with his left hand and then unsheathed his weapon with the right. "Show me your skills Sey, and you better be fast. I am the second best tank in the game." He chuckled at that idea. All of the paladins were the second best in each build. Itzal, second bet scout. Kasier, Second best Healer. Hikoru.... No one was sure. He was probably second as Ariel claimed she was first. The blond took a defensive stance for letting out a <<Focused Howl>> course through his body, straight into Sey. He had never fully howled at a person, but he knew the effect angered mobs, os he wondered what effect it would have on @Sey. He laughed and raised his shield, preparing to intercept his shield. 

Spoiler

Stats

Lv: 39 l 10 Dmg l 116 Mit l 78 Energy l 780 HP

Items

- Dying Light (Tier 2) - +6 Dmg

- Guardian Of Light (Tier 2) - + 54 Mit

- Ascendatants Protector (Tier 1) - +2 Regen,  1. Def. Paralyze

Battle Ready Inventory

-2 Perfect T2 Health Crystals
1 Teleport Crystal

Mods

Focused Howl

Skills

-Curved Sword (Rank 3)
-Battle Healing: (Rank 3)

-Heavy Armor (Rank 3)
-Block (Rank 5)

-Howl

-Survival

Buffs

None

Itzal nodded to Sey's last comment.  "Yeah, trust me it will.  And that's why we want to help you get there."  Then Jonathan laid out his challenge, causing Itzal to smile.  When he used Howl he drew attention to everyone in the town.  When the guard's reached for their swords Itzal went between them, his hands up.  "Nonononono, it's alright!  He's just testing out Sey's ability, that's all!"  He turned to Jonathan and Sey, a big problem occurring.  "Um, hey guys?  I'd strongly suggest one of you sending a duel, test his damage out, and then ending it.  Otherwise, not only can Sey not do anything, but if we were outside he'd be a red player by doing so...  Also, I don't think that's how Howl works Jonathan," he finished with a smile.  Once the guards got the picture they sheathed their swords, but they were wary of the group now.  Itzal nodded to a nearby empty clearing.  "Let's head over there alright?  And Sey, why don't you challenge Jonathan.  When we've seen his damage, then we can end it?"

@Sey

“Second best tank, eh? Well I’m the best Balance build in the game.” Sey lightly teased with a chuckle coming from his lips, knowing full well that he was currently the only Balance build in the game. Itzal would then control the diversion of the sudden how that had been let out, though how did they know that the pale-skinned snow-haired skinny-looking barely even an adult was the one named Sey? Regardless, the duel idea was a good idea. So he decided to do one that was more or less balanced in safety. If Jonathan were to hit back or had thorns or whatever, a one-hit duel would end pretty quickly. So a half-loss duel was in set, where ironically they will not be losing anything. With the half-loss duel request sent, he would await his challenger to accept it. The timer should go down at that point, and he would then proceed to make the attacking move.

@Morgenstern

After Jonathan had howled, many of the guards had turned their attention to him, drawing their swords. He glared at the nearest one, expecting a fight, that he soon would be outnumbered in. He rose his hands in a surrendering positon and they sheathed their swords and turned away. As Sey sent him a duel request he accepted it. "I will not be attacking, I just want to see what you got" He chuckled and redrew his weapon, careful around the reluctant watch of guards. A few had remained to keep an eye on him, but the few guards did not bother him at all. The timer began to go down and lowered into a defnesive position. Sey had really improved, and according to him Damage had been his number one concern lately, so he had best better go with a more defensive strategy. Jonathan would not lose the battle for sure, but they just needed to see his skills. Any attack getting through his defense was quite solid. 

@Itzal

With the situation resolved Itzal watched as Sey sent the duel and Jonathan accepted it.  Itzal sighed.  Now that this was settled, half the guards moved on while the others stayed.  As the timer began to go down, Itzal noticed a crowd beginning to come along.  Obviously they expected this to be a full on duel, which of course wasn't happening.  After Sey struck they'd end the duel and Itzal would challenge him to a duel, strike him once, then end it.  After that Itzal believed Sey would become a Sentinel at last.  An npc stood beside him to watch the event.  He turned to see that it was two guards:  One male and one female.  The man looked upset but the woman seemed curious.  "What are they up to I wonder?  A friendly spar?"  Itzal decided this would give him something to do while waiting and shook his head.  "Actually no.  He wants to increase his rank to Sentinel.  However we've got to test his skills before then.  We already know he's mentally prepared, so what we're doing here is seeing how much damage he can do despite Jonathan's MIT, and then I'll strike him to see if his own MIT can block a decent enough damage."  The woman smiled and nodded.  "Ah, so this is a test then?  Very well."  With that she seemed to have lost interest and moved away from the scene.

@Sey

And so the duel would begin as the countdown hit the 0 point, the duel was beginning to start. Looking to try to end it quickly, he would trigger the finishing Sword Art with the highest damage. But despite his efforts, upon trying to do so, his vision blurred for a slight moment as he would swing the attack, the triggered Sword Art failing and costing him a brutal amount of energy, all to no avail… What… He missed a non-moving target. “Er…” Sey didn’t get it. His game was usually never this off. Yet all of a sudden, not only did he miss, but he missed horribly. Great, and now he had to prepare for some sort of retaliation back. Life was doing him very well right now, he could just tell. With a sigh, he would just hold up his spear and see what goes on next in their little bout.

@Morgenstern

ID: 76439

BD: 1... What the...

Edited by Sey

OOC If you would like a reason to miss meh just say I blocked it.... GRANDMASTUH BLOCK BOI

As the duel began, Jonathan smiled and unsheathed his weapon, standing stationary. Sey came at him with his spear, but he seemed entirely unfocused. Easily, Jonathan sidestepped the spear. He twirled in a circular motion, smacking the man in the chest with the flat of his sword. "Come on Sey, I know you got more than that!" The blond smiled and noticed that a slight commotion had started. Athenia was all about its protection, but it appeared to like the idea of fighting. The full armored guards seemed to even be a bit curious. He looked over to Itzal to see what he was doing before turning back to Sey. He rose up his shield. The spear, if used correctly, was a hard weapon to block as you had to be able to take it straight on. It was not a slash, instead it was more of a thrust. Anyways, Sey was a much better fighter than this. 'This battle is not looking too good this far. I know he is ready, but why is he not focused. If it is about focus, then we can't have him leading if he is not focused when under pressure.' 

@Itzal

Those words triggered the being within him that just snapped. Those words put him down, and they were were going to be met with his ambition. With a snarl, he would seemingly calmly raise up his one-handed spear, holding a straight posture in the process as he held it behind his back. The next second, his body blurred as he would charge forwards towards the shielded player with nothing coming from his lips but silence. Instead, he would execute eleven slashes in a left-right combination, bringing out drastic results from the onslaught as he would use the final strike to pierce through the armor and actually get some damage in. The result, a red critical sign would appear above the tank as he strike with a massive amount of force behind each strike. At the end, Sey would be at the other end of his opponent as the victory duel screen appeared in front of him. Right, it was a one hit duel, and Sey did technically win. ''Sorry about that, I don't know what was going on before, but hopefully that makes up for it."

ID: 76618

BD: 10
Sword Art: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.
Dmg: 14 x 12 x 1 = 168 - 116 Mit = 52 Dmg

@Itzal @Morgenstern

Edited by Sey

He smiled as he watched the man, but it soon faded. Something he said must have clicked. He seemed a different type of unfocused. This one appeared to just be a plain anger or rage. It was a controlled though. The man stormed forward, appearing as a blur. The Blond managed to blow Sey's first few blows, but then it became to fast, a few of them scraped him. Then after his eleventh hit, he sent his spear straight forward, striking him dead in the chest. Jonathan faltered backward, catching himself with his foot. The man sheathed his weapon and put away his shield. From there he clapped. The man had dealt a significant amount of damage past his mitigation. He watched as his health bar regenerated fully and he smiled. "You have passed the test. I believe you are quite able in the department of damage. You actually surprised me a bit with your damage, but take your victory now." The blond smiled and nodded to Itzal, telling him it was his turn. They needed a Sentinel quite soon. 

@Itzal

"Thanks Jonathan. Sorry about that by the way. Didn't mean to strike too insanely hard to the point where critical would trigger. It just kinda... Happened." With that said, he passed the first part of the test. his head would then turn over towards Itzal as he held up his spear, prepared for the second part of the test. Both Itzal and Velnia together can hit hard and that was something to be considered. "I am ready for the second half." The snow-haired player would explain to the scout and damage hybrid as he would brace for the impact to come. The amount of mitigation that he had was not that great in all honesty. In fact, not even close when it came in comparison to Jonathan's. Still though, it should be enough for him to stall for longer as opposed to one who did not have it. It might have been best for him to get evasion later on, but that was not going to help him much if an enemy gets lucky.

@Itzal

Itzal nodded and accepted the duel.  The countdown began and Itzal turned to look at Sey.  "Emotions can be dangerous.  Make sure you control them and not the other way around.  You should also determine what makes you angry and think if the reason behind it is valid.  If not then you shouldn't have to worry about it."  With that he drew and readied his sword, Velnia joining him.  Itzal was guessing what the outcome would be.  And when the count hit zero he dashed forward and released Shadow Explosion.  As he did, Velnia shot lightning at his sword which therefore engulfed it, causing the blade to glow.  When his sword art hit Sey, he noticed the difference and smiled.  However he also saw the paralysis symbol emerge.  Well, he kind of figured that might happen.  After striking he sheathed his sword and caught Sey before he fell.  He waited until the paralysis ended and smiled.  "Congratulations Sentinel.  Let's inform the others of you're promotion."

ID#  76627  BD:  9

12+1x9=117...  -57=60 dmg!

Edited by Itzal