[PP-F5] <<Bloodstained Land>> (Seul, Shield)

Hikoru appeared on the hot fifth floor and gave a small sigh. He had agreed to meet two other tanks on this floor to take on the new Quest Boss that he had heard about from an info broker. He knew he could trust this one, since it was who he had gotten most of his information from for other quests he had done and completed. He sat down by the teleporter and waited for the two of them to appear. He would be doing the damage, and thanks to his new weapon, Limbo's Fang, he knew that if he got lucky, he would be dealing some good DoT Damage and be able to take this boss's health from the inside out. For now however, he would have to deal his basic damage and awaited to see how this fight would end up, and hoped that his Tanks would be able to take the damage and he would be able to finish it off.

@Seul @Shield

With a whoosh, Shield materialized on the fifth floor. Immediately, the familiarity of the dry, hot air registered and he screwed up his face in disgust.

"Why do I end up spending so much time on this floor?" he wondered aloud as he glanced around to get his bearings. "The heat is beyond uncomfortable, and yet for some reason, it seems like this is the floor where everything is happening."

He spotted Hikoru off to the side and waved, making his way over to the paladin.

"Good to see you again," Shield said giving the younger player a light tap on the shoulder with the side of his fist. "Still waiting on one more?"

Turning to face the teleportation plaza, he stood shoulder to shoulder with Hikoru.

"Someone on the SAO dev team must have been very into deserts, because between Arabian Nights, sand sharks, and searching for lost cargo, I may as well set up a house here."

One of the few drawbacks of being orange was that travel between the floors turned into a much bigger hassle than before. It was true what they say about never knowing what you have until it's gone. The teleport plaza was of course within the settlement, so while the other two were probably meeting up, Seul waited as close to the town’s entrance as he could in hopes they would pass by eventually.

Occasionally people would throw dirty glances his way, but he simply brushed them aside as he chose to mull over his stats instead. Finally he was level 50 but even now he wasn't strong enough. More power was required if he was going to fight off the assassins that would show up sooner or later.

Then there was the matter of trying to come up with an explanation for the other two who would most likely be curious about why he was considered a killer now. He'd need to think fast.

Hikoru looked to see Shield appear nearby and gave him a nod as he did, standing to meet the man and gave him a small smile, reaching up and patting his shoulder as he came over. While the man towered over him, he knew that he could still take the man and it gave him some amusement when he thought about it. He gave a sigh and gave a last look around, but saw that Seul was nowhere to be found. But knowing the player, he was already at the area of the quest waiting for them

"We were, but i'm sure he's waiting for us either at the Quest Zone or outside the town, waiting to see if he can scare me or something." He said with a small laugh, knowing the intentions of Seul were well and just for jokes. He gave a sigh and nodded in agreement as he stated that there we're a lot of quests on this floor, and he gave a small sigh as he did "Yeah, I'd have to agree. There needs to be a cap on how many quests there can be on a floor, because this is honestly crazy." He said with a sigh, then pointed towards the gate "Come on, let's get moving before it gets dark." He said as he continued forward through the sandy town

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 77828 results: Loot: 13 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 18 - +1 Material! (1 total)

Shield nodded and together with Hikoru, he made his way towards the edge of the settlement. Pulling up his HUD, he observed the direction they would have to travel, using that as a guide for which town exit they would need to utilize. As soon as they stepped outside of the gates, a wall of sand and wind began beating on his face, and he sputtered, spitting out a few grains of grit.

"I am never going to get used to that," he grumbled, pulling up his scarf to cover his mouth.

As his eyes fell, he noticed a familiar indentation in the ground. Kneeling down, he fished a fulgurite out of the sand, inspecting the crude, naturally occurring glass formation before banishing it to his inventory. As he straightened up, he forewent dusting himself off, given the constant pummeling of the sand, and he glanced around, spotting a familiar figure not too far from the gate.

The familiar figure, however, had a less than familiar cursor.

"He's... orange?" Shield said softly to himself, audibly to Hikoru given their proximity, but less than audible beyond that due to the wind. "What happened? We met here once before, but his cursor was green. Do you know him well enough that we can trust him?"

@Seul

Edited by Shield
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, there they were. A few paces away his companions had stopped there approach. It didn't take a rocket scientist to understand why. He was an orange player after all; the literal scum of Aincrad in the eyes of many. Seul thought for a moment but only shook his head deciding it would be best to meet them halfway.

“Before you guys start jumping to conclusions, yes I killed someone, but it was in self defense. I’ll understand if you don’t believe me, but there are some bad people out there that want my head on a pike now. I need to get stronger to protect myself and the people around me so I need this quest.”

He said, taking a step back to gauge their reactions. It was the truth in the end, but would that really matter?

"Besides, even if I was an actual pker now, I wouldn't fight two players at once so there's nothing to worry about.”

Hikoru listened and noticed that he did have an orange cursor, and he scratched his bare chin in thought. He was confused as to what happened, but he wasn't worried. the boy was only level 50, and while that was close to his, he knew that he could easily beat him with the help of Shield. He wasn't worried, even if things started to go south. But Seul soon came and briefly explained his situation, and gave him a nod. An apprentice in his guild had the same problem, and he knew that his own time as an orange player came with his struggles, so he wasn't bothered by it as much as Shield may be.

"Alright, let's drop this conversation for now. As long as I have your word that you have no plans to stab me in the back, then I trust you, and you can come along." He said with a nod as he looked out into the sands. He didn't like the feeling that this fight gave, but at the same time he was excited. He would finally have something to challenge him, and he knew that he would be the one that's dealing more damage, and he was excited by this aspect. He hoped that things would go well, and they could finish this beast off quickly, and possibly have time for a drink at the local bar that he loved to go to.

Spoiler

ID# 79177 results: Loot: 12  + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 17 - +1 Material (2 total)

Shield kept his eye on Hikoru, taking his lead on the matter of how to regard Seul. As soon as the paladin had made it clear that there was no need for concern, he nodded, letting his eyes stray from the orange player to the sands around them. Even as he did so, however, he noticed a familiar glow on his shoulder and realized that his Seeking Aura earring was lit up to indicate something of interest nearby. Nudging through the sand with his toe, he hit something solid and crouched down to dig, exposing a vertical tube of sand and glass.

A fulgurite. It's been a while since I've seen one of these.

He stowed away the craftable material and turned back to the others.

"Well, we're here," he said with a note of finality. "@Seul, I think you're in the best position to draw focus at first. I'll be able to take your place long enough for you to heal up if the need should arise. Would you care to lead the way?"

Edited by Shield

“I guess that's a good plan... “

He took a moment to sift through his inventory until he found the item in question: A steak he had bought from Grave’s shop a little while back. Thankfully stuff in this game never seemed to spoil otherwise he'd be hesitant about eating it now. After scarfing it down he waited for the desired effects to take hold. A small symbol appeared beneath his health bar indicating he was now buffed, so it was time to get this show on the road.

“Alright, if you guys want to prepare before I go any further nows your chance. I've increased my mitigation for the fight so I should be able to take a good amount of hits before you need to step in Shield.”

With that he reached a hand up to grasp the hilt of the greatsword on his back. As he brought it down to his side it left behind a golden light in its path from the holy power stored inside. Hopefully it would be enough to help slay the boss creature.

[Armadillo Steak Consumed: +36 Mitigation]

Spoiler

Stats

1015 HP

102 Energy

11/19 Base Damage

128 Mitigation

24 Holy Blessing

16 Flame Aura

10 Battle Healing

2 Recovery  

6 Picking

1 Search & Detect

Taunt Active

Equipment

Maiden's Kiss.......... // +2 Damage | +8 Holy Damage

Regret................. // +24 Holy Blessing | +2 Recovery

Manticore Mask.........  // +Taunt | +18 Flame Aura (Def) | +16 Flame Aura (Off) | +18 Mit

Skills

Two-Handed Straight Sword.| Rank 5

Picking...................| Rank 4

Light Armor...............| Rank 4

Energist..................| Rank 1

Search & Detect...........| Rank 1

Battle Healing............| Rank 1

Howl......................| No Ranks

Parry.....................| No Ranks

Extra Skills

Providence(Protector).....| Rank 2

Meditation................| Rank 0

Concentration.............| No Ranks

Survival..................| No Ranks

Skill Mods

Athletics

Dismantling

THSS Ferocity (Rank 5)

Justified Riposte

Inventory

1. Woodland Armor - 2 Charges Left
  2. Basic Teleport Crystal - x1
  3. Banner of Support - 3 Charges Left
  4. Generic Armor MK.9 (+3 Evasion)

Hikoru gave a nod as they decided who was going to tank, and he lifted up the hood of his cloak, his face being shrouded once more and soon disappearing into the safe darkness of the cloak. He looked around and saw that they were alone, but there really wasn't a good place to enter stealth. After a few more moments, he saw a small dune surrounded by rocks. While he knew that it was probably nowhere near the quest boss, it would help him enter stealth, and he could work from there. He turned to the two tanks and gave another nod

"Alright, i'll be entering stealth and following you quietly. Make sure to play it safe, and lets hope that I can land a good hit." He said, and he soon disappeared into the darkness. Soon he was surrounded by the rocks, and he closed his eyes as he felt his physical form start to dissipate, and he soon turned into a large mass of an almost pixelated shadow. He smiled to himself as he noticed, and he realized that he was really starting to gain control of his Unique Skill enough to use it without much concentration. He knew it would be very simple to use once he Grandmastered it, and he knew that it would be soon when that happened.

Stats:

Spoiler

Hikoru, Master of Shadows

Level 59

Stats:
1195 HP
118 Energy
+4 Accuracy
+2 Evasion
13 Base Damage
66 Mitigation

Items:
Limbo's Fang (Weapon) +2 Envenom +2 Blight [Tier 2]
Master of Shadows (Light Armor) +1 Evasion +36 MIT [Tier 2]
Shadow's Instinct (Lucky Charm) +3 ACC [Tier 2]
Sutetchi (Familiar): +6 Damage [Tier 2]
Flowing Illusion (Good item): (+4 Stealth rating in/near water via in-character Roleplay) [Tier 2]

Battle Ready Inventory:
+1 T2 Healing Crystal (Perfect)
Yamkima (Weapon) +2 Paralyse +2 Bleed [Tier 2]
Eclipsed Pendant MK. 2 (Lucky Charm) +1 Evasion +2 Accuracy [Tier 2]

Mods:
Athletics
Precision
Acrobatics
Sneak Attack

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:

Rank 5 Dagger
Rank 5 Light Armor
Rank 5 Sneak and Hide
Rank 1 Search and Detect
Rank 4 Shadowed Path
Rank 3 Familiar 
Concentration
Survival

Italics: Unlocked Skill
Underlined: Unique Skill
Bold: Max Rank

Spoiler

Swapping Gear
- Finder's Keeper (- 1 skill rank: search & detect), -Seeking Aura (- 3 LD), + Pain Drinker (+ 54 Regen), + 1 Bloody Hell (+ 2 dmg, + 24 bleed)

Level 37

Stats:
740 HP
74 Energy
0 Accuracy
0 Evasion
3 Base Damage
111 Mitigation
54 Regen
20 Battle Heaing

Items:
Bloody Hell (Weapon) 24 Bleed, 2 Dmg
Razor Ire (Heavy Armor) 28 Thorns, 1 recovery
Pain Drinker (Shield) 54 Regen
Norbert (Familiar): +54 Mitigation

Battle Ready Inventory:
5 health potions (40 HP)
5 antidote potions
Basic Teleport Crystal

Mods:
Focused Howl

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:

Rank 5 Block
Rank 2 Heavy Armor
Rank 2 Battle Healing
Rank 1 Search and Detect
Rank 3 Familiar - Mitigation
Howl
Parry
Concentration
Survival
Meditation

Italics: Unlocked Skill
Bold: Max Rank

While the still had a little ways to go, the others were preparing themselves for battle, and that seemed like a good idea to Shield. He swapped out his Seeking Aura and Finder's Keeper for the more practical shield and axe that would be far more important in combat than a little extra loot. Besides, he was not going to be dealing the last blow, so it didn't matter what his loot stats were.

"I'm ready whenever you are," Shield said with a nod to the only remaining visible player. "If you're taking point, then lead the way."

It was odd going into battle without being in the lead and being the one to draw the boss' hate. The only other time in memory where he had not being first up to tank had been his very first combat, when Rain had led Beat and himself through a dungeon. Although he had some defense abilities at the time, he was nowhere near prepared for those fights. In the back of his mind, he couldn't help but feel the same way now.

BATTLE START | BATTLE THEME

“Here we go then.”

With a nod he turned to face the battlefield. Although it looked just like any other patch of sand in the desert something sinister lurked beneath their feet. Seul allowed his eyes to scan the area for a brief moment before focusing on a spiked tail protruding a short distance away. The land shark was here and in as somewhat vulnerable position. If he was going to attack, now would be the prime opportunity.

He raised his greatsword with ease before breaking into a light jog toward the monster but as he swung the weapon passed only through air and the creature seemed to vanish entirely from sight.

“It's running away!” He yelled at Shield in confusion. Of course it was never that easy though. The ground began to shift beneath their feet as an eruption of sand lifted the young player into the air. He was no longer standing on (mostly) solid ground… No, now Seul found himself perched atop the back of the massive land shark, Terra Firma.

“Nevermind, I found it!"

---

ID: 79419 | BD: 0 (5 - 5)

---

Party

• [H: 1] Seul | 1015 / 1015 HP | 100 / 102 EN (-2)
  • [H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 118 / 118 EN
  • [H: 0] Shield | 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy

• Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 650 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA
  • <<Assault Mode>>: LD 10+ will swap Evasion and Accuracy for the boss on its turn. BD 9 = Partial Phase and BD 10 = Full Phase while in assault mode.
  • <<Move Swiftly>>: Boss is Immune to effects of the Concentration skill and players suffer -1 on the BD.
  • <<Hard Scaled>>: The boss is immune to paralysis and freeze.
  • <<Weak Spots>>: Critical hits landed on the boss will grant the player temporary partial phase for that attack.

---

Notes: I will roll for the boss on my next turn.

Edited by Seul

Hikoru followed from stealth as the two others quietly, and soon Seul approached the large creature, and he head music play. They had found him. He quickly grabbed his dagger and shot forward, attacking the creature from behind. He didn't hit a crit, so none of his enchantments on his weapon appeared. He gave a small sigh and soon appeared at the side of Shield and Seul. He didn't do as much damage as he wanted to, but he had left a good mark on the boss's health

"Well, your up Shield, try and deal some damage would ya?" He said with a small chuckle, knowing very well that he probably couldn't even go through the Mitigation of this large shark. It seemed tough, and he knew that this thing moved quick, as far as he could tell from Seul's attack. He was quite afraid of what this thing had to offer, but at the same time he was excited. He couldn't wait to see what it had to offer, but he knew to watch himself carefully, and make sure that he played it safe.

@Shield

ID: 79474

BD: 5+4-5=4 Miss! (Disregarded due to Sneak Attack)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x14=182-75=107 Damage to Terra Firma

Party

• [H: 1] Seul | 1015 / 1015 HP | 100 / 102 EN (-2)
  • [H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 118 / 118 EN
  • [H: 0] Shield | 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy

• Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 543 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA
  • <<Assault Mode>>: LD 10+ will swap Evasion and Accuracy for the boss on its turn. BD 9 = Partial Phase and BD 10 = Full Phase while in assault mode.
  • <<Move Swiftly>>: Boss is Immune to effects of the Concentration skill and players suffer -1 on the BD.
  • <<Weak Spots>>: Critical hits landed on the boss will grant the player temporary partial phase for that attack
Spoiler

ID# 79498 results: Battle: 1 - 1 = 0 - Miss

Party

• [H: 1] Seul | 1015 / 1015 HP | 100 / 102 EN (-2)
  • [H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 118 / 118 EN
  • [H: 0] Shield | 740 / 740 HP | 72 / 74 EN 

Enemy

• Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 543 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA
  • <<Weak Spots>>: Critical hits landed on the boss will grant the player temporary partial phase for that attack

Deal some damage. Great.

Shield did his very best not to roll his eyes. This was slightly easier given the current situation, facing off against a relatively dangerous foe, but still, sometimes he got the impression that Hikoru didn't take him very seriously. Ducking low, he rushed in, tucking his body behind the protective barrier of his shield so that he practically disappeared from the shark's view. Skidding to a halt, he pushed off of his back leg and swung his axe upward, trying to carry the momentum of his approach.

In doing so, he overextended himself, overbalancing slightly and having to do a slight hop on his front foot to keep from tumbling as his axe connected with air.

Well, so much for being taken seriously.

He rolled to the side and came back up on his feet, falling back to a safer distance. The value of being impassive was to not show regret after such regrettable failures, but the hard part was keeping the extra color from flooding into his face. He managed it, but only just so.

@Seul

Edited by Shield

After he had jumped down the other two wasted no time in rushing in to attack the boss in turn. They had all managed to chip away it's health slightly, but the fight was still far from over. Terra Firma movements all seemed to speed up as it narrowed its red eyes toward the player who lead the assault. The creature swam toward Seul, kicking up a sandstorm behind it as it did. Once it was near it lashed out with a  massive clawed arm which pushed the boy back using an impressive amount of force.

“Only a scratch…” He mumbled while trying to maintain stable footing. Now was his chance. With the boss in such close quarters there was no way he could possibly miss. The golden greatsword Seul held shined brightly as he took on the stance for a sword art. Mixing with the natural glow of the sacred metal it all looked more flashy than he would have liked it to be. It even managed to further catch the attention of the Land Shark, evident by how it sat up as if entranced by the spectacle.

“My turn!"

The greatsword dragged close behind while he ran, eventually connecting with the exposed underbelly of Terra Firma as the player and monster crossed paths. While ducking past another swing of its clawed arm the large weapon cut a wound that bridged the stomach to its side and dealt enough damage to change the health bar from vibrant green to a sickly yellow color.

The attack obviously angered the beast because rather than cry out in pain it chose to give chase since its target continued leading it in circles around the battlefield.

---

ID: 79520 (Boss) | BD: 10 (6 + 4) | LD: 16 (Assault Mode)

ID: 79521 (Seul) | BD: 10 | CD: 10 (Recovery Activates) 

Sword Art: Galaxy Destroyer | 11 + 8 Holy + 1 Fer + 2 Crit × 13 - 37 Mit = 249 DMG

---

Party

• [H: 4] Seul | 927 / 1015 HP (-122/+34) | 89 / 102 EN (+3/-13)
  • [H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 107 / 118 EN
  • [H: 0] Shield | 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy [-16 HP from Flame Aura]

• Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 278 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA
Edited by Seul
Fixing energy

Hikoru moved forward after Seul dealt a large blow to the large shark. The shark did his best to move, but his Shadows Instinct predicted the movement, and he was able to react to it and landed his attack. The shark seemed surprised that he was able to attack him that fast, but Hik just did his attack quietly, dealing a fair amount of damage to the shark and bringing it's health down to the orange zone. He backed away as the shark reacted angrily by the attack, and gave Shield a nod

"Your up." He said, all jokes aside. Looking at Seul's health, he knew that this thing could pack a punch, and he was worried about Seul taking too much damage, so he wanted to make sure that Shield was ready. He looked above the sharks head, and saw the symbol for one of his DoT damage. He gave a small smile to himself and waited for the two player's next move, and knew that they had this fight in the bag.

ID: 79558

BD: 8+4-5=7 Hit <Envenom Activates>!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x13=169-75=94 Damage

Party
[H: 4] Seul | 927 / 1015 HP | 89 / 102 EN
[H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 97 / 118 EN (+1, -11)
[H: 0] @Shield | 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy
Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 184 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA <<12 Envenom Damage 4/4>>
<<Assault Mode>>: LD 10+ will swap Evasion and Accuracy for the boss on its turn. BD 9 = Partial Phase and BD 10 = Full Phase while in assault mode.
<<Move Swiftly>>: Boss is Immune to effects of the Concentration skill and players suffer -1 on the BD.
<<Hard Scaled>>: The boss is immune to paralysis and freeze.
<<Weak Spots>>: Critical hits landed on the boss will grant the player temporary partial phase for that attack

So far, the battle seemed to be going well. Seul had taken a few knocks, but he was still in better shape than the sand shark was, its health already well into the red. Still, as much as he relished the idea of getting a swing in, he had seen favorable conditions in boss fights change very rapidly. In particular, his memories of the fight with Cerberus came to mind, and he was suddenly reminded of just how dangerous a boss can be when it has the ability to bypass armor on a good hit.

I probably don't need to, but just in case things take a turn...

Taking a deep breath, Shield cast about for the best words to howl at the creature. As soon as his lungs could not take in any more air, he tightened be muscles of his rib cage, pressurized the contents of his lungs, and let it fly with a ferocity that rivaled that of the carnivore they faced.

"Don't get so used to dealing with that guy over there," he howled, kicking up sand into Terra Firma's face. "I happen to think shark fin soup is a delicacy! You might be a freak of nature, but I bet you stew up real tasty!"

It wasn't enough to steal the focus from Seul, but Shield could see the unearthly glow if its eyes waiver for a moment, flickering back and forth between the two tanks as if it was beginning to question its choice of targets.

There. Just enough so that no matter how hard Seul hits, if I need to pull aggro, I can at a moment's notice.

Party
[H: 4] @Seul | 927 / 1015 HP | 89 / 102 EN
[H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 97 / 118 EN (+1, -11)
[H: 3] Shield | 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy
Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 184 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA <<12 Envenom Damage 4/4>>
<<Assault Mode>>: LD 10+ will swap Evasion and Accuracy for the boss on its turn. BD 9 = Partial Phase and BD 10 = Full Phase while in assault mode.
<<Move Swiftly>>: Boss is Immune to effects of the Concentration skill and players suffer -1 on the BD.
<<Weak Spots>>: Critical hits landed on the boss will grant the player temporary partial phase for that attack

It was his turn again, but Seul was quickly losing momentum for the fight as a whole. Bosses like these were something he truly disliked about the game… Mainly because the mechanics were a direct counter to his primary setup. The two handed straight sword was a decent weapon, but one of the drawbacks was its lack of accuracy against faster opponents due to the amount of effort needed to swing around the large blade.

As he jumped back in to bring the greatsword down on the creature it simply avoided the hit by sinking into the sand. Terra Firma wasn't done though and it reappeared behind the swordsman; swatting him with one of its large, clawed hands for another good deal of damage. Hopefully this wouldn't go on for much longer. They had to nullify that evasion somehow and with a justified riposte he could probably pull it off.

---

ID: 79568 (Boss) | BD: 8 (4 + 4) | LD: 19 (Assault Mode)

Attack: 250 - 128 = 122 Damage

ID: 79569 (Seul) | BD: 3 (8 - 5) | CD: 11 (Recovery Activates) 

---

Party
[H: 5] Seul | 839 / 1015 HP (-122/+34) | 90 / 102 EN (+3/-2)
[H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 97 / 118 EN 
[H: 3] Shield | 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy [-28 HP due to Flame Aura and Envenom]
Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 156 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA <<12 Envenom Damage 3/4>>

Edited by Seul

Hikoru knew that this thing was fast, but it was fast enough for both Seul and Shield to miss their marks, and even he was having a difficult time. This Evolution was much, much harder than the other had been, and he was wondering if this would start to follow some sort of questions line. At the moment he wasn't sure. But he knew that now he needed to fight. He waited until he saw the fin of the shark in the dunes, and moved quickly, his feet picking up sand as he did and soon he was up close. He feined an attack and the shark moved, as his Shadows Instinct had predicted. He moved quickly and moved as the shark tried to recover from the ride, but it was too late as Hikoru dealt a large chunk of it's remaining health. One more swipe and it would be dead. He backed away and looked at Shield

"Alright you guys, finish it off, and lets get this done!" He said with pride. They had easily defeated this creature, much to his previous worries, and he knew that they would be done with this shark once they landed a hit

ID: 79887

BD: 7+4-5=6 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x13=169-75-94 Damage

Party
[H: 5] Seul | 839 / 1015 HP | 90 / 102 EN (+3/-2)
[H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 87 / 118 EN 
[H: 3] @Shield| 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy 
Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 62 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA <<12 Envenom Damage 3/4>>

Spoiler

ID# 79889 results: Battle: 8 5 4 = 3 - Miss

Party
[H: 5] Seul | 839 / 1015 HP | 90 / 102 EN (+3/-2)
[H: 0] Hikoru | 1195 / 1195 HP | 87 / 118 EN 
[H: 3] @Shield| 740 / 740 HP | 74 / 74 EN 

Enemy 
Terra Firma, the Land Shark | 62 / 650 HP | 250 DMG | 75 MIT | 0 ACC | 4 EVA
<<Weak Spots>>: Critical hits landed on the boss will grant the player temporary partial phase for that attac

The battle was finally winding to a close, or at least it would be if the front line held and they kept their damage up. Anything could happen. Shield grit his teeth and tightened his grip on the axe in his hand. The weapons would be more or less useless. With such an agile foe, he might be able to catch a lucky hit, but it was going to be a long shot. Still, anything he could do to contribute...

Pushing off with his back foot, he sped towards Terra Firma, trying not to blink, or he was sure to miss. Even as he attacked though, the great shark dove its head down into the nearest dune, slipping effortlessly into the sand as though it were water. As Shield's strike sped towards the retreating mutant shark, the creature's whip-like tail cracked and knocked his attack aside as the last of the creature vanished into the dune.

@Seul

Edited by Shield