[PP-F3] <<Search for the Hoya>> (Miaki & Clarance)

In the small town of Tasman just west of the Forest of Wavering Mist, Miaki was leaning against a wooden post near one of the two gates in the town. The person he was waiting for was Clarance. The two had heard about a brand new quest that involved the exploration of a tomb hidden in the forest close to where he was now. According to legend shrouding the quest, two minotaurs guard a pendant within the maze of the tomb. Miaki didn't care too much about the prize at the end but was interested in having a challenge.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey Miaki!"I say, approaching my friend in this very strange forest on floor 3."Ready for this quest? I'm all stocked up with potions, food, and some camping gear. You got everything?" I ask him, scrolling through my inventory.Okay... freak-en Keith not joining us that dick. I say, friendly mad that he didnt join us.

Miaki clapped Clarance's hand in greeting. "Yeah I'm all set. Got some potions, food, camping equipment. We're good. Just it's gonna be the two of us which is fine. At first I thought the flag boss that is part of the quest was a freaking level 18 sucker but Im guess some information broker screwed up and fix it. Turns out it's just a level 10. No probably between the two of us. Should be a snitch." Miaki started leading the two into the area tagged as <>, the BGM playing around them altered to something slightly more ominous combining woodwind instruments with small chimes and drumbeats.

Miaki opened up his map."I've got nothing on this area. What about you dude? You have anything?"

"The most I've ever been in here was when I was chasing a PKer for Sonus Silentii, never saw him come back out though..." I say and trail off, knowing I really shouldn't have said that. As we progressed into the forest the music turned more ominous and creepy."At least this game has a good soundtrack...." I mumble to myself, trying to lighten the mood.

"No [censored]. This music really sets the mood for finding this place." Miaki looked about for any monsters that might appear. "I don't see anything that might attack us." The two walked about for over half and hour and the forest around them started to seem thicker than before. "Sooooo how deep into the forest does this tomb lie? Do you think will just be some mound with a gate? Or maybe something larger?"

Miaki scanned one half of the forest. "Random mound huh? That should stand out a little bit." The wooded area around them was completely vacant aside the two men walking side by side. "I guess because the quest was only just discovered recently that only a few people know about it. Where is that blasted tomb?"

"Not so bad. Great actually. Finally completed the <> and <> quests." Miaki gave a thumbs up. "Making some serious progress on my own. Can't wait til we finally clear that 7th floor though. Ugh we've been stuck on that one for freaking ever!" He ended the last bit with some emphasis. "Starting to crackdown on a few things. Still haven't gotten around to working on alchemy though. Maybe I'll finally get that one started in a couple weeks."

I smile and do a fake funny clap."Claps for you. Also, I can't wait till we beat floor 7! Floor 7 is getting really old, and on floor 8 I'm getting a familiar finally. And, the alchemy set up for me is actually going pretty good, with the amount of money I'm getting, in a couple weeks I could possibly get an add on to my shop!" I finish excited. As we continue walking a great thing pops into my head."Hey, have you ever thought about getting a shop?"

Clarence's idea struck Miaki like a bolt of lightning. "Dude that is an awesome idea. But I still haven't even started gathering the resources for my trade. I honestly don't really understand HOW to start the quest. When I first looked into it I was really confused on getting started. So I have yet to even start things myself." Miaki took out his <> and took a sip from it feeling the nice, burning sensation of alcohol flowing down his throat. "How are things when it comes to managing a shop? Is it all that difficult?"

"Thanks I try my best." I say and smile as Miaki gets semi-excited with my idea for a shop."Managing a shop is difficult at times, constantly restocking is very annoying and players who think they are all that who think they should get a better deal get on my nerves. Also, when some one buys out my stock right when I set up shop,"I cough and say Zelrius in between coughs,"but I love the ahop life, you can get alot of money from it too."

Listening to Clarence talk more and more about the shop life made Miaki want to get started and open shop. "Nice!" He said with a nod and a subtle pumping of his fist. "Maybe after we're done here I'll finally get started on tha-." Miaki caught a glimpse of something offer to their left in the distance. "Uhhh dude. Does that look like it might be a building to you? Possibly a monument or a tomb even? Can't think of anything else that would be out here."

I quickly pull out a dagger and train it toward the place Miaki pointed to."I can't see any- wait is that a morgue." I whisper to Miaki as I slowly approach the building."Ugh its not here dude." Called out a figure who just left the building we approached."Yeah I know dude, maybe over there." The other guy yelled at him. The two quickly ran off to the other location."We definitely aren't the only ones doing this quest." I whisper to Miaki and approach the building more cautiously.

Miaki watched as Clarence drew his dagger in a quick flash. Miaki instinctively reached for his blade and drew it from it's sheath a couple of inches and knelt closer to the ground. He listened to the two players off in the distance.

"We definitely aren't the only ones doing this quest." Clarence whispered.

"Yeah, no kidding." Miaki replied in a low voice. He watched the two walk around the structure then walk away. "Did you get a good look at them? Think they're friendly?" Miaki watched them start to get further away. "It might be a good idea to follow them from a distance assuming they are out here for the same reason we are."

I look back at the building then look back at the now disappearing players in the distance."Well... we can either. A: check out the building to make sure they didn't miss it or, B: we can follow them to see if they find it too so we can get it right then and there. Its up to you. I'm fine with either way." I say, giving Miaki the choice between the two.

Miaki slowly approached the small structure, Clarence keeping silently right behind him. "Both are good ideas.... But how about 'C'. You use tracking on them near the entrance to the structure and I'll check inside and see what they may have overlooked." Miaki looked over his shoulder at Clarance behind him. "Sound like a plan?"

I give a thumbs up and start following the players toward another random structure existing out further into the forest."Oh what could be in here." I mutter to myself and follow them inside, but keeping my distance. I look around the building I just entered and I was impressed with what I saw. A huge Victorian style ball room.

Miaki buttoned his trench coat in order to not let the flapping sounds give away his presence. Miaki dashed towards the structure as Clarence branched off to follow the players moving away. He glanced around a couple times and after making sure the coast was clear, made his way down the steps. It was a slightly deeper passage than he would've thought at first. I winded around a slight curve and came to a larger opening. The entire room was put together with large stone slabs. Several stone columns ran down the middle of the room. He couldn't tell where the light was coming from but knew it wasn't natural light.

I then pulled out my second dagger and got ready for a fight but to my surprise, the players weren't there. But they were standing right behind me."Excuse me sir but I found you." He said and I spun around."Hey there sor-." My apology was cut short as a foot came to contact with my facde, knocking me out cold. What I could hea before I lost total consciousness was."I saw his friend, may be we could pay him a vist too." Said one of the two, then I was being dragged back toward the beginning area before me and Miaki parted ways.