[OP-F1] Resolve

Mist bowed her head and continued to smile as she watched the players disperse, "It's okay." She said to Vale before the cat-like player fled the scene. Soon it was just her and a few others left inside in the palace. "I really should get going as well." Her heart dropped slightly that she had not been able to make any new friends. "How can I expect to get stronger without anyone's help." Sulking slightly Mist slowly wandered over to the entrance of the palace and headed outside. "Hmm?" Raising her head she caught sight of two players from earlier, Airi and the other one's name that Mist couldn't remember, there were so many players and everything was a little chaotic. They looked to be rather deep in conversation, it made her happy to see others doing well but that didn't change the fact she was still by herself. "I wonder what to do now." The adventurer glanced up and down the street, she had now walked these streets of 'The Town of Beginnings' so many times her curiosity was beginning to fade. Looking up to the sky she brushed some of her hair away from her face and looked up to the sky. "A caged bird." She mumbled to herself.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cat-like woman handed her a sheet of paper that contained information on how to get the Martial Arts skill. For a few seconds, she ignored the fact that the woman was wearing all-too indecent clothes sent the helpful player a sweet smile as she accepted the item. "Thanks, Vale. This would really help me a lot. I'll find a way to return the favor." Airi told her. The red haired player quickly looked over the paper. A quest. She can bring other players with her, but she'll be the only one to unlock the skill. And she needed to destroy a boulder with her...bare hands? She had to admit, it was a fitting but very hard way to unlock the Martial Arts skill. She kept the item in her inventory and decided that it would be the first quest she would do once she reached Floor 2. Getting other players to help would be easy enough, and she could always do it by herself. It's not like the boulder would retaliate anyway. Then Vale left the scene in a hurry and Airi blinked dumbly as she watched the woman leaping from rooftop to rooftop. Oh no. She didn't get to add Vale to her friends list. It was, after all, the main reason why she made an effort to talk to other players.

She didn't want this effort to go to waste. So Airi turned to face @Mist and @Dominion, and quickly sent them both a friend request. "Would you mind accepting? In case we would need to help each other. They did say that clearing the game should be a joint effort." Then she ran a hand through her silky red hair in a way men found attractive and smiled at the player who was displaying obvious interest in her. "Getting some dinner with you would be nice. Would you mind waiting a bit for me to repay you though? I think I would take some time in finishing the quests."

Edited by Airi

"Another day in paradise I suppose..." Beatbox had thought to himself as he had sat on the branch of a tree wearing his Stardrive appeal wearing his Mask of the Paradox looking outward into the distance thinking upon his time here once more. He chuckled, two years this game has been on huh? Floor 20, thats how far we have gotten so far in that time frame... disgusting, 80 more floors to cover with their own bosses. This is absolutely unacceptable. Beatbox had shook his head, he knew why, it simple... everyone had gotten so lazy now a days and not taking on the tasks that need to be covered, which is an absolute pain in all honesty. From the distance he could see a group of players having their own conversations seemingly making friends, only one of which is recognizes... Dominion, other than that they look like absolute fresh faces, or at least he doesn't recall any of them in fact... who knows? Maybe they could be long lost friends, however they wouldn't know... he's hiding behind a mask.

Dominion nodded his head, his messy blond hair shifting as he raised his right arm. Enma jumped off and out the door, climbing the exterior with greatest speed. Opening his notification page, Dominion accepted the friend request by pressing the check mark. Once he had closed the menu, he just looked toward Mist. Airi appeared to accept the man, Hei, to join him for dinner. Therefore, Dominion did not want to get in there way. Mist, however, had not quite left the area yet, which gave Dominion the chance to speak his curiosity. swiftly walking to keep up, he addressed her, "I have heard that this palace holds the names of the dead on it, like a memorial of sorts. Players usually don't come here for fun, or to talk to strangers for that matter. Why is it that the two of you have come to this place, reading down the names?" Dominion mostly focused his question to Mist, as he had seen her look for a name while he was there. He had seen much in this game, but someone eager to find a person on that list was not something he had seen. Mist was now looking up to the sky, appearing to mumble something under her breath. @Mist

"Hmm." Mist hummed slightly as she refocused her attention to Airi and Dominion. The spear user paused for a moment and listened before her eyes sparked up like wildfire. "Friends?" She whispered, looking a little bit surprised, a smile quickly returned to her face and then without thinking Mist gently grabbed Airi's hands and began waving them up and down. "I would love to be friends." She gave a quick twirl. This was the first time since meeting Eatos, Stryder, and Hydra that she had managed to make a friend. Quickly returning her attention back towards the others she paused to think for a moment. "I came to pay my respects, out of curiosity and oh also to see if Hydra was on there, he is a friend!" Mist's tone was friendly and light-hearted. Despite having felt lonely only a few moments ago they had now been cast aside. Hearing the other player offer to take Airi out Mist nearly jumped in asking if she could tag along but she quickly realized the circumstances. "Anyway, why did you come here." She spun back around to Dominion and Enma, it would be rude not to ask a question back.

Hei heard that Airi was asking the others to accept her friendrequest, while she was walking towards him. - This actually is a good idea, I'll ask them too. The more people one knows the better. - Just when he turns to the three of them, Airi turns back to him, running her hand through her beautiful red hair, he immediately blushed a little and he felt a little childish for this reaction. Non the less he wouldn't let this great opportunity fly away and so he asked the two who weren't on his friendlist "Excuse me, would you accept my friend request too?" and with these words he sent requests to both of them.

Airi then answered his question from earlier with a smile and told him that it would be nice to have some diner with him, but that she wouldn't be able to pay back the food for some time, as she said she was slow in questing. With a smile himself he answered "Don't worry about this, it is nice to have someone to talk to while having diner, and I am shure we can some day do some quests together. I am not much further in the game than you" And as an chivalrous gesture Hei offers her his arm. 

Dominion knew Mist's question was just as right as his own, so he gave the honest answer. "I live in the alleyway on this floor, even though I have enough items to get a house. I chose the nomadic life, Enma to help train my martial arts techniques when I get rusty. My goal is to assist the lower level players, bring them up and save their lives before they fall. Sometimes I fail, partially because few players actually want a monk to assist them in combat, or something like that. Either way, I did not come here to do anything but offer assistance." Dominion spoke the truth, though he doubted that it mattered much. "Hydra? The man with the two headed snake and orange cursor?" Dominion asked, not because he needed to hear the name again, but because Hydra and Dominion had become friends not long before. At that moment, a notification came up in Dominion's view, but he ignored it until he finished talking. Dominion didn't suppose there could be another Hydra wandering Aincrad, but very few things were impossible in this game. Dominion began to laugh, remembering his first encounter with Hydra, "That man is lucky to have met you. We attacked one another when we first met. How he got the red cursor, I would not know, but he has a kind heart. Although, I doubt he would like someone looking for his name on this palace, when you could just go and talk to him in person." Dominion put his hand on his forehead, as though he were trying to remember something. "Last I checked, Hydra was in his shop making stuff. Looked pretty lonely." raising his head once again, he put his left arm in his pocket. "I would suggest you pay him a visit soon, he doesn't get good company as an orange player very often." Dominion said, lifting his arm to both accept Hei's friend request and send a friend request to Mist.  

@Mist

Edited by Dominion

The fox-eared player enthusiastically accepted her friend request, and so did the blond-haired monk. Airi closed the corresponding notifications and beamed at the two players. "If you guys need help with anything, just send me a PM. I'll do the same," she said, then gave the both of them a slight bow. "If you'll excuse me now." Then she took Hei's offered arm (what a gentlemanly guy, if she were just like her friends back in real life, she would've fallen head over heels already) and began leading the both of them away from the group.

"Thanks for the offer," Airi said again. The sun had fully set now and the virtual sky was replaced with an artificial moon and stars. She could hear her silly friends' comments by now: "A walk in the moonlight, how romantic!", "Geez, Elsie, are you even keeping count by now?", "She isn't, but I am. I think this is the 19th guy so far."; and so on. She thought she heard their distant laughter, and turned her head to look behind her. Nothing. She was imagining things again. Abruptly, she pushed the thoughts out of her mind. Time to play. "So, how's life been? I haven't talked to you for months, though I think I've seen you around town." Airi inquired. 

Airi took Hei's arm and led the two of them away from the others. With the girl holding his arms a cosy warmth filled him, starting at his arm and wandering all up to his face. With the warmth there was more blood streaming into his head, so he got a little more red, but he ignored it. - This is what I missed in the real world, the girls I have been with did not even noticed me, but she seems to like the 'real' me - Hei thought as his eyes wandered up tu the sky, which showed a gorgeous picture of the moon and many many stars. - Oh, this looks like a perfect night for a date, even though I just want to talk with her and maybe re freshen our 'friendship'. She is way to young and even with a characters body this would feel wrong - To get rid of these thoughts he thought about a good answer and then said "Life is going well I suppose, a bit boring, but well."

Hei waited a moment before proceeding with more of what he had been up to " I don't know why we lost contact so soon after meeting, but it probably was because it was a hard time for us all. Since then I haven't done much outside town, so there was many time to see me in town. I did some research for my article, some architectural studies within town. Some exploring of the near hills just outside the town. But enough about me, how have you been? "

Airi thought about his question, biting the interior of her cheek. Truth or lies? Telling the truth (that she had done nothing but mope around in her room at the inn and walk around town aimlessly, helping other players sometimes) would make her look weak and cowardly. She didn't others to think of her like that. Telling a lie would eventually have repercussions if she didn't say it well. However, it made her look less weak and cowardly. Partial truth, then"I've been running around town, helping others with their tasks and building up some sort of reputation while I still didn't want to leave the safe zone," she replied, hoping that he understood the value of a good reputation like all the sane people did.

She quickly checked the time as they passed by a clock. Uh-oh. Fifteen minutes 'til her self-imposed bedtime. It was a bit early and she would probably push ti back once she would start doing quests, but she was all adamant about following her own rules. Dinner with Hei would have to wait 'til tomorrow. But she felt a bit reluctant to say goodbye immediately. Not because she liked him, love was all a game for her at this point after all. But because she had accepted the offer to eat dinner with him and she didn't like suddenly backing out. It could affect his opinion of her in a negative manner. So instead, she quickly said what she came for, while looking for a way to close the conversation. "By the way, you said earlier that we should do some quests together, right? I've heard of a quest, an easy one, from the other players. I think it's called the 'Secret Medicine of the Forest'. Do you know of it?"

(OOC: Feel like this thread has been going on for too long in a different direction. And everyone's pretty much divided up at this point. Would you all agree to close in a few posts, or should we keep going for a bit more?)

While Airi told him what she had done since they met the last time he was thinking - Where should we go for diner? I don't even know what she likes. Is she into sweets like me or would a big piece of meat make her was more happy? Should I ask that? - So he did not pay that much attention to what she was telling him. "So, a reputation, that's good" was all he said in regards to her answer. Lost in thoughts he merely noticed Airi looking a the clock they passed and only she speaking again brought him back.

She asked him if he would do some quest with her, and as he said earlier he would do it, as it was a way to spend more time with her, and maybe getting to know each other a little better. When she added the name of a specific quest, asking him if he had heard of it he had to go through the quests he had found so far and this one was non of it. "I haven't heard of it so far. Do you know what it's about? I just finished a quest where I got some health potions from, but it was just gathering materials. Haven't done much fighting at all. But if you'd like we can do this quest together. How about meeting up tomorrow for it?" He once again thought about where to go have some diner and then asked "What would you like to eat?"

(OOC: if we add another nine posts we have two full pages would double the rewards, but it's your choice if you'd like to end it earlier)

"Well, here's what I heard from the other players. The quest requires you to slay a number of mobs until the boss spawns, and you're supposed to kill the boss and loot an item. If you don't repeat process." Airi said. The pieces of information she'd given was common to other players and he would be taking the quest with her, so there was really no disadvantage in giving it away. "I'll be busy collecting more information about quests tomorrow and maybe grinding, so maybe in 5 days? I'll PM you if my schedule changes."

Then Hei asked her what she wanted to eat and she suddenly remembered the delicious caramel apples she had eaten on the first day. She had only gotten a sample since she didn't have any money to buy the actual thing, but she loved it. And here in SAO, they could eat anything they wanted to without worrying about the calories and lack of nutrients. Heck, they only needed a small bite to satisfy their hunger pangs. "Well," she started thoughtfully, looking up at the night sky. The red-haired girl could feel his anticipation and she loved it. "Caramel apples. I'm craving caramel apples." Then she looked back at Hei with a hint of a smile. "I mean, if you're willing to buy."

(OOC: Yeah, let's finish this page)

Airi told him what she knew about the quest they would be going on, it was some regular mmo type quest, killing things till bigger things appear and then kill the bigger thing to get rare item. This should not be a problem for him. He looked at Airi, who had just her starter gear and a bad feeling took over - I hope the monsters aren't to strong, she hasn't done any quests and so her level must be one. I'll check with Barryt if he has a weapon or armour he can lend me for her - Hei was about to ask her if she would be ready so soon when she said, that she would like to have a few more days before going on this quest with him. "Ok, so in five days, if it fits, if not just PM me. "

After clarifying this matter Hei really wanted to get somewhere to eat and so he asked her, she took a moment to answer and what she said was Well. - Yeah, what well? why has she to take this long to decide what to eat? - then she added caramel apples. That was something Hei appreciated, as it meant she was into sweet stuff just like him. With a smile she added if  "I mean, if you're willing to buy." Of course he was willing to buy one, it was him who invited her to diner. "Yeah, I will get us some, I know a place where we can have some delicious sweets" and he guided them through the town towards a tavern called <The spicy bunny>

Hei opened the door for them end entered the small tavern room, as always it was nearly empty. The big man behind the bar greeted them and told them to sit down at a table. Then a pricelist appeared, showing all kind of sweet food. "Sir, I'll take the chocolate tartlet. And one caramel apple for her"

lavacakes_final04D-300x282.jpg

sticker,420x460-pad,420x460,f8f8f8.u3.jp

A tavern that sells caramel apples and other types of sweets? Airi looked up at the sign with the tavern name <<The Spicy Bunny>>. The name was somewhat unusual, but then pretty much all taverns she'd ever entered had weird names. It was probably some sort of trend they all followed. Hei, like the gentleman he was, held the door open for her and she stepped in. The place was small, smelled faintly of liquor, and was thankfully empty. She honestly didn't want to deal with any drunks.

They took a seat and her companion bought a caramel apple for her which she took gratefully. The red-haired player took her first bite and it was like pure heaven on earth. Or whatever she was supposed to call this game they were all stuck in. But anyways, she hadn't eaten caramel apples in a whole year, due to lack of money and people to buy it for her. She then firmly decided that caramel apples were what she was going to buy first once she got some col. Then she reminded herself of the man sitting across the table. "Have you heard from Solomon?" Airi asked once again. She had asked that question awhile ago and he didn't hear her properly so she didn't get to receive his response. "He's in my friends list, maybe also yours, but I never sent him a PM." 

As soon as the bartender brought the delicious looking tartlet Hei took a spoon full of this exquisite chocolate dream. Fluid chocolate erupted from inside the cake, flowing all over the plate. As he tasted it he had the warm feeling of being home, he had had the first time he had eaten in <<The spicy Rabbit>>. - I missed this food, I should come more often. I hope the caramel apple is just as good as mine - To check this Hei took a look at Airi to see her reaction to the food and it seemed as if it was just as good.

Then Airi asked him about Solomon, who he had had no contact with after the first day. "I haven't heard anything from him, maybe he was a little more motivated than I was to go and fight. He might be at a higher floor by now. But to be honest, I haven't thought about him much, there was enough besides a strange one like him to deal with" After telling her that much Hei continued eating his tartlet, visibly enjoying the sweet food. As he finished he went over to the bar, and paid for the food.

-40 col

Airi delayed asking Hei another question to savor another bite of her caramel apple. Food's supposed to be one of the basic needs, right? The chair she was sitting on was a bit too tall for her feet to reach the floor, so she began swinging her legs. Inwardly, she counted the seconds to her supposed 'bedtime'. Around seven minutes left. Enough time to talk and build up his trust for her. She paused from eating her most favorite sweet ever to morph her face into a slightly concerned expression. "Hopefully, he's doing alright," she said, talking about Solomon. "He still had some memory loss when we left him."

The red-haired girl stopped talking to take a smaller bite, she had gone halfway through the apple by now and she wanted to have the taste in her mouth for a bit longer. She couldn't find anything else she wanted information on, other than guilds (which he probably didn't have, his name in the friends list didn't have a guild name beside him) and other players (but it was supposed to be a dinner for two people who hadn't seen each other for months, so no; she already lowered the mood by asking about another person already). She noticed that the man sitting across her was enjoying his chocolate tartlet as much as she was enjoying her apple. "Do you like sweets?" Airi asked, pointing at the tartlet in front of Hei with caramel apple.

As Airi took another bite of caramel apple Hei could once more see, that she was enjoying her food. This made him happy, as it was something he hadn't seen often since he was in the game. There seemed to be a certain atmosphere preventing players to feel good in there normal day routine, should it be fighting or just walking through the town. - When it works out and we will meet each other more often this place will definitely be our meeting point -  Then her facial expressions changed and Hei could see the game in it again, there always was sorrow and concern within this game. She once again talked about Solomon, but this time it was just she showing that others mattered to her. " I hope so ,too. But I wouldn't care to much, he was strange and there was the memory loss, but he still showed strength. You haven't seen how well he took all the stuff about the death game when I told him. "

As Hei took another bite of chocolate Airi eyed him and then asked Do you like sweets? - what kind of question was this, wasn't it clearly visible? - was the first that went through his head, followed by a - wait, this could just be a question to be polite - so he answered even though he was sure one could see it from a hundred foot how he loved sweets "No, I don't like them, I love them. There aren't many things that are better than sweets. " and just to prove it he took another bite of delicious chocolate.

Airi looked at the caramel apple. Even though she had just taken small bites out of it, she was way more than halfway through. Five minutes left to finish off the conversation with Hei. But a walk to the inn she lived in, from the tavern they were in, would probably take around 2 minutes. She didn't like it, but she needed to end their short dinner now. She noticed that he wasn't asking much questions about her and wondered what that meant. And it made leaving a bit harder. Like it would maybe show that she clearly wasn't interested in anything other than a quest partner. She was aiming for, at most, a friend. "Agree with that," Airi hummed, taking another bite out of her apple. 

Four minutes. She had to end it. Airi shifted in her seat uncomfortably, looking like she was about to say something but had some difficulty actually saying it, and spoke in a voice that held a bit of guilt and reluctance: "Well, Hei. It's been nice talking to you again and I really wanted to learn more, but I should really get going." She pushed back on her chair, almost ready to stand up. Then she decided to offer a bit of explanation. "I have a self-imposed rule on myself to go to bed at 9PM every night, so I hope you understand."

Edited by Airi

Airi was about to finish her caramel apple and Hei began feeling a bit nervous, what was he going to do when there food was finished. How should he show her that she was important to him without looking like a creep? These where things going through his head, together with an observation he had made. - Airi is not talking about herself all the time, as the girls I have known from school. Maybe I should ask her something, without being to personal, but what would be that I can ask. - but before he came to a conclusion he saw her becoming a little nervous, shifting in her seat. Just as he wanted to ask her what the matter was she told him that she had to leave now.

- What was that supposed to mean? Had he done something wrong? - but before he had finished the thought Airi explained that she had some rule of going to bed at 9PM every day. This sounded like a silly excuse, but on the other hand she was young and maybe it helped her to live trough all this. "If it is like this, I'll look forward to meeting you again, and then we can do some more talking. Would you allow me to escort you back to your place?" he said with a smile, trying to show her that it was honest.

The man sitting across her seemed to take it well. He even offered to walk her home, which she would accept without hesitation. It wasn't really necessary since in a safe zone, no one gets hurt, but maybe he was just doing it to be polite. Well, anything that gave her the opportunity to make people like her more was always good. "Sure. I'll lead the way though," Airi stood up and made her way outside, nodding to the NPC bartender as she passed by them. She didn't like treating NPCs as if they were people, but she didn't know how her companion would think of her if she treated them as lines of code dressed with a human form.

Airi matched Hei's somewhat fast pace as they walked and decided to continue where they had left off in the tavern after taking another small bite from the caramel apple, which she still hadn't finished. "Do you have a particular favorite?" the red-haired girl asked as she led them towards the inn she was staying at. "With sweets, I mean. Mine's caramel apple, as you've noticed." Airi said. It was a completely casual and boring topic, but he liked talking about it so she would too.

(OOC: Closing thread at my next post)