[PP-F7] Rumored <<Arabian Nights: Second Night>>

The second part of the misadventure, to think that this was supposed to be over. Nope, they were going to have a task to do again, him and Jonathan. The PM told them to go to the Drunken Crane, though the context behind it was unfortunately still unknown. Still however, he was willing to listen to Ali, since they earned a good payout the last time they did some form of business with him. So Sey would be waiting, placing his finer around the rim of a shot glass filled with rum. His eyes were filled with disinterest as he gazed at the liquid, even he would not drink something like that. Far too risky, and often lead to bad breath in the end as well. Maybe Jonathan might like it, he was a tank, and stereotypical tanks just loved to drink. Wherever the alcohol goes is usually a mystery, but at the end of the day, they were somehow unable to obtain any fat. His eyes would then shift towards the entrance, waiting for the blonde to arrive so they could begin the business.

OOC - Honest Route

@Morgenstern

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blond walked into the bar, Drunken Crane, on the seventh floor. It was the next area assigned to continue through their quest. They had previously completed the first quest quite a bit back, and now they had to complete the second and third together. He looked around the bar to find Sey seated next o Ali. He appeared rather bored as he traced his finger around the rim of a glass of yellow liquid. 'Alcohol. Blech.' He seated next to the man and nodded to him. The blond looked to Ali who also seemed to have been waiting for him. Ali's head turned as the bartender arrived and looked at the three. Jonathan turned and noticed the man was looking expectantly at him. 'I bet they don't serve icecream...' The blond sighed and requested some water to go. A cup of water instantly appeared before him and the bartender whisked himself away. He looked back over to Ali and waited for him to assign them the quest. "So Ali, what do you have in store for us my friend?" 

@Sey

"All right boys... Have you heard?" Ali would start off, just as vaguely as he usually did, it was nothing short of a surprise really. Sey would slide the shot of rum away from him, looking at it one last time with disinterest before cringing a bit at the thought of actually intaking that. He would then continue to listen to the rest of what Ali had to tell them. "They say that those bandits have tamed a legendary being, a three headed chimera of a goat, bear and lion. They captured it from the other side of Nimbus, high up the mountain." The player explained to the both of them. Seems like they were going to have something to slay? That was most likely the case. "I'm afraid I haven't heard of it. But the mountains? Definitely something I have been at." Ali would take another shot to relax himself, perhaps from excitement? He himself couldn't tell. "Can you both check it out for me? Maybe slay it if you can and bring back some proof? That was the task indeed, Sey guessed correctly. With a shrug, he wold answer on behalf of both him and Jonathan. "Sure. We accept."

Jonathan watched as the man spoke, he seemed rather excited as he did. The darker haired man even used his hands as he spoke each and every word. "All right boys... Have you heard?" Jonathan frowned and shook his head. He had yet to hear any large information about anything, but then he reminded himself that this is a quest. "They say that those bandits have tamed a legendary being, a three headed chimera of a goat, bear and lion. They captured it from the other side of Nimbus, high up the mountain." Jonathan pondered this for a moment. A chimera? That was exciting. He heard from some stories that they had crazy abilities and were super fast. But to be caught by the same bandits that he and Sey took out? That was hard to see. As sey mentioned he had not been to the mountains, Jonathan tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I have been there before. Not somewhere to just hang around. Very bad weather, lightning and harsh wind is to be expected" Ali kept going on with his words though. "Can you both check it out for me? Maybe slay it if you can and bring back some proof?" Jonathan nodded and said, "We will do what we can" at the same time Sey said something. 

With that exchange our of the way, Sey would nod his head before looking to Jonathan. "Let's get there then. I doubt a mountain will be so much of an easy climb." He explained as he would allow Hecta's Bliss coat wrap around his body, keeping his body nice and warm. He would then proceed to exit the pub so that he would be able to get to the mountain. It was cold outside as usual, but he felt the most comfortable out in the cold. Unfortunately, many people seemed to hate it for some reason, which truly is a shame admittedly considering how beautiful the snow can appear to be. "Well, you said it's harsh up there, is that not correct? If so, maybe we can use that to some form of advantage. We should be able to go through it right now if the weather is bad. If Ali contacted other people, they might stay away while the weather is bad... Meaning they stopped and allow us to pass them."

They stepped out of the pub with brisk speed, eager to get the quest moving on along. The blond nodded as Sey asked his question. He remembered the time searching dungeons there with Itzal. They had not even gone to the top, but the pass itself was dangerous with the mass amount of lightning and the harsh winds. You would have to be quite sturdy to be able to pass at the top.  "If Ali contacted other people, they might stay away while the weather is bad... Meaning they stopped and allow us to pass them." Jonathan frowned. "I seriously doubt that Ali contacted a bunch of people. He would not want the word spreading around quickly to unwanted hunters. Anyway, it is always storming it seemed like. If it is not storming, it would be by a pretty rare chance." Jonathan sighed and stepped on forward. "We best get going though. We might run ito some more of those bandits if the chimera has not escaped by now." He shifted uncomfortably in his armor but kept going. 

@Sey

"One way or another, regardless of the reason, we are going to have to face that anyways." Sey would explain before pointing his finger outwards towards the mountain, exiting the safe zone of the land they were on. If they were to get the mountain quickly, they would be able to fight the bandits holding whatever beast they have over there. With that, he would proceed to move through the snow, and the mountain was not that far or hard to climb, regardless of the whether. If Jonathan were to follow him without fail, the both of them should end up at the rim of the mountain. The winds of the snow would end up intensifying a heavy amount. It looks like we are here now. We gotta make the climb up. Make sure to have your weaponry ready, because those bandits have the leverage of not being forced out into the freezing cold. When you are ready, we can get up there now."

They moved onward, following a path that Sey decided as they went. He had really improved his leadership skills since the last quest. Last quest, Jonathan took charge. As they finally reached the point needed, Sey made point that it would start here when he was ready. Jonathan nodded and replied, "Let's get moving now while we can" The blond surged forward, scaling the mountain. They would not have to make it all the way to the top, but instead just over the low hump. As they finally reached the point that separated the two sides of the floor, Jonathan looked ahead. A few human like shapes were wrestling with a large beast and some lazily stood, looking up at the mountain. "Let's get down there Sey!" The blond leapt forward, sprinting down the side of the mountain. As his foot hit actual ground he <Howled> to gain the attention of the bandits. Three bandit looked at them, nodded to eachother and pulled out their weapons. With blinding speed, they were slashing him. His mitigation easily handled the damag, but he was a bit surprised at the bandits speed. "Get em' Sey!" 

Spoiler

Thief:79770 BD:5+2=7 CD:2- Infinite (5*1)

[3] Morgenstern 880/880 88/88 [45-134=1*3=3 DMG +66=Full Health] 
[0] @Sey ???/??? ??/??

Senior Thief x3 186/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

• Basic Damage: 9 (10 on a natural BD of 9 , 11 on a natural 10 BD of 10)
    Spoiler

Available Sword Arts / Conditions (Thief dice):
    Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-3]
    Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 4-8]
    Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
    Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]
    Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12]

Sey would follow up behind Jonathan with his spear, prepared to engage in battle with the thieves that were prepared to attack them right back. It seemed like they were having a little bit of a rough time though with taking damage when he pierced through their chests, their mitigation being an uncomfortably high amount for Sey. This battle might take a while unfortunately, just because they were able to block a bit more damage. Fortunately however, he was able to take them on, but just with a little bit of time required in the process, and because Jonathan was there to tank and gather hate, it would be easy for him to carry out that task. So he would then back off when he got the slices in, letting Jonathan continue the barrage or hate gathering, but the enemies would come after them too if that would be done, so the snow-haired player was bracing for impact.

Spoiler

ID# 79774 results:

Battle: 4
Dmg: 12 x 7 = 84 - 43 = 41 Dmg
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

[3]  @Morgenstern 880/880 88/88
[1] Sey 860/860 73/86

Senior Thief x3 145/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Basic Damage: 9 (10 on a natural BD of 9 , 11 on a natural 10 BD of 10)

Spoiler

Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]

Edited by Sey

Sey took it from there, attacking all of the bandits at once. He managed a good hit on each of the group, but their health bars barely dipped. The blond sighed. "They appear to have quite a high bit of mitigation. I'll go for Single target attacks, you keep it up with the AOE!" The blond surged forward, but the thieves had already singled out their capabilities. They surrounded the blond, moving in one quick motion. They slashed his sides in a triangle shaped pattern. The blond backed off with a sigh. They had already determined his speed and knew that he was the slower heavier target. "Alright Sey, get in there again. I'll try once more and then Howl again." He backed the bandits up with his shield which for some reason they were a bit wary of. Perhaps it was because not many players used them. 

Spoiler

Jon: 79779 BD:5
Theif: 79780 BD:4+2 CD:7~ Tri-Pierce (3*1)

[3]  Morgenstern 880/880 87/88 [27-134=1*3=3 DMG+66= Full Health] 
[1] @Sey 860/860 73/86

Senior Thief x3 145/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Hide contents

They seemed to be having a hard time getting this battle to actually progress. Sey wondered if Jonathan had thorns on him, it would make things a little bit faster currently, but it did not matter. He would end up launching himself at the bandits once again, hoping to get some damage in once again. Naturally, he will hit unless really unlucky considering how accurate he was with his strikes, but it was the lower amount of damage that was bothering him. Regardless however, he was able to successfully put the spear through their chests and inflict a little bit more damage to them, their damage mitigation getting really annoying for Sey now as he did not even see their health bars go the yellow zone. Fighting tanks must be the most frustrating thing for DPS players to deal with.

ID# 79841 results:

Battle: 8
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

Spoiler

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 87/88 [27-134=1*3=3 DMG+66= Full Health] 
[2] Sey 860/860 60/86

Senior Thief x3 104/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by Sey

The blond watched with awe as Sey moved in again, striking the bandits fearlessly, and accurately. The bandits were quick, but Sey was much more agile. The blond moved in, aiming at his next target. He swung down his weapon at the target, but the bandit was as quick as the shadows. In rolled to the side and dashed upward, slicing across his side as it did. The two other bandits repeated the same move. "You know what, after this, for the next battle, I am not equipping my shield. Go with the mitigation off of my armor." The blond sighed and backed out of the way, allowing for Sey to make another move. 'If I could just hit for once, then perhaps some of them might be dead by now' No though, he had yet to hit anything, because he did not have his accuracy item equipped. 

Spoiler

Jon: 79881 BD:3 
Thief: 79882 BD:8 CD:11 - Shadow Stitch used (3*2)

[3] Morgenstern 880/880 86/88 [54-134=1*3=3 DMG+66= Full Health] 
[2] @Sey 860/860 60/86

Senior Thief x3 104/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Spoiler

"Yeah, that sounds like a brilliant plan. Whenever I get the chance, I am never going to choose one handed spear again. Two hands should do me a lot more than this crap damage I am inflicting right now." It was the truth. Now he was able to understand why not many people chose the path that he did. But it was not time to regret it, he will eventually get it off and be able to try again. Besides, this damage was enough to kill the bandits, just at a slower pace than usual. So he would lash at them again, prepared to finally drop their health past the yellow zone. So of course they would all just narrowly avoid each slice that he was sending their way as if each one was nothing but a bunch of dead air strikes, resulting in no damage being inflicted, and yet again increasing the amount of frustration that he was dealing with right now.

Spoiler

ID# 79890 results:

Battle: 1

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 86/88 [54-134=1*3=3 DMG+66= Full Health] 
[2] Sey 860/860 59/86

Edited by Sey

The blond watched as Sey finally missed his target, keeping his hate lower. "He needs help, I need to switch to my accuracy item, now. It would still be best to unequip my armor as that way I will still have the regeneration which is equivalent to the armors mitigation.' He crouched down, and unequipped his armor, revealing a white T-Shirt. A Angel pendant appeared at his neck and the blond looked over to Sey. "Alright, I am ready to go full force, these guys won't know what hit them!" The blond stood, unknowing that he was already being advanced upon. They slashed him in the same pattern as before, but till it dealt no damage to the tank. 'Alright, now I am responsible for hitting as well. 

Spoiler

Jonathan: -84 MIT, +3 ACC
Thief: 79997 BD:6 CD:12 Shadow Stitch

3] Morgenstern 880/880 86/88 [54-50=4*3=23 DMG+66= Full Health] 
[2] @Sey 860/860 59/86

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Jonathan seemed to understand the struggle currently occurring. Recently, Sey’s luck had been set back to average, he used to never miss such easy hits, and now he was like any other player. It was an unfortunate pity, but he was willing to work with it. Besides, Jonathan was helping with the damage dealing as well, which was an additional bonus for the both of them since they were now able to attack with unity and end them quicker. There was still more to the battle unfortunately though, as the thieves on their own did not seem to be the final thing they were taking on. Using his foreknowledge, any monster set free probably would not be so happy with a human, and perhaps try to slaughter them. Still however, they had an item to bring back to Ali. So Sey would launch himself forward with hope to get more damage done.

Spoiler

ID: 80010
BD: 2 + 3 + 1 (Concentration) = 6
Dmg: 12 x 7 = 84 - 43 = 41

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 86/88 [54-50=4*3=23 DMG+66= Full Health] 
[2] Sey 860/860 46/86

Senior Thief x3 63/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Edited by Sey

Sey moved in with utmost concentration, slashing the heck out of the bandits in front of him. They were all reduced to the red zone, and Jonathan was now a bit ashamed that he could not even finish one, or make all of the in a position that they would fall to Sey. "I can't get all of them, but If I can hit one, you should be able to finish it off I think" An important part of being a tank was being good with estimating health ad hate. He charged in, this time much faster without his heavy armor. His accuracy proved to be on point as he surprised the first of the bandits. A good slash as all that was needed, and it was ready for a finish. He smiled, but instantly began to take attacks form the angered bandits. He was not a threat to him, so they would be much more violent now. 'We are getting somewhere now though' He managed to block the attacks which was a first, but it did nothing for him. 

Spoiler

Jon: 80077 BD:3+3=6 HIT.   
Sword Art: Lasing Chopper (7*1) DMG: 7*10=70-43=27 DMG
Thief:80078 BD:1+2=MISS

[3] Morgenstern 880/880 86/88
[2] @Sey 860/860 46/86

Senior Thief x1 36/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)
Senior Thief x2 63/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Spoiler

Seems like a little bit of damage had been inflicted onto the bandits, a fortunate scenario. Sey would try again, hoping to nail it this time. Admittedly, he was kind of wondering what would have happened if he used alcoholic in the beginning of the fight. Well, it was too late to find out now, this game of charades was taking long enough as it is. It might was well not be drawn out any further. With the tip of his spear coated in blue light, he would attack at the enemies once again. With this said and done, one of the bandits would shatter to pieces of data, floating swiftly away into the air and dissolving, leaving nothing but matter, if even that in this game. There were two more to still be defeated however, so they were not quite done yet. Still however, their HP bars might as well suggest they are compared to that of the players.

Spoiler

Jon: 80112
BD: 9   
Dmg: 13 x 7 = 91 - 43 = 48 Dmg
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 86/88
[4] Sey 860/860 46/86

Senior Thief x1 0/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)
Senior Thief x2 20/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Edited by Sey

Jonathan watched as Sey forged forward, depleting the bandit's health. The blond smiled. He was doing great when it came ot damage, even though he was just a balance build. He even just finished one of the bandits, almost completely by himself. He also had managed to bring down the other's health to where Jonathan could finish it off. He charged with his curved blade, slicing at one of the bandits. The bandits smiled as he neared, obviously learning form their friend. They ducked under his attack and stabbed him from underneath. He sighed and backed off. "Well Sey, I am sorry I was not much help. If you could just finish them off then we could get you a break. You will need it before we chase after the other bandits" He raised his shield and waited quietly.

Spoiler

80136 BD:1 
80147 BD:5+2=7 CD:8 Tri-Pierce

[3] Morgenstern 880/880 86/88
[2] @Sey 860/860 34/86

Senior Thief x1 0/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)
Senior Thief x2 20/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Hide contents

“Eh, don’t worry about it. I don’t mind handling these fools. Hopefully we don’t have anything else that requires much more energy.” Sey explained as he would look at the other bandits, their clothes cut into heavily from the previous damage. Yeah, they weren’t going to last this round. So he would just put them to the end of their misery without any grand exit or anything, just a few simple slices should do. He sliced through the last two bandits successfully through their chests, his energy bar going red in the process and beginning to warn him of the lack of. Therefore, it was best to conserve it. “That takes care of that, but I need some energy before we continue. Otherwise we will probably end up in a loop that takes far longer than the one that we just did.” His spear head would be placed on the rocky ground, body weight leaning on it so that his legs could rest for a little while.

Spoiler

ID: 80170
BD: 3 + 3 = 6
SA: Forceful Attack - 1x7 - AoE - (14 Energy) - A powerful mid-tier thrusting attack aimed for the enemies chest.

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 86/88
[3] Sey 860/860 21/86

Senior Thief x1 0/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)
Senior Thief x2 0/186 <> Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Edited by Sey

Jonathan watched as Sey moved in and charged the bandits, finishing them off in a forceful attack that sent pixels flying around the area. He sheathed his weapon and clapped. "Nicely done, you practically handled all of them yourself. You did not even need me at all really." The white haired man mentioned a break and Jonathan nodded. "Nothing will get done if you don't have your energy. Don't worry, someday I will work on my sword skill and maybe we could actually work as a team for once" Jonathan chuckled, but just saying that kind of hurt. Others looked down on him for his low damage. They just seen him as bait.... Another meatshield that keeps them from dying. 'Someday I will deal more damage. Just... have to wait and get stronger now...The blond leaned against a rock and sighed, waiting for Sey's energy levels to restore. "Well, we are finally clear for moving on to beat the chimera. We just have to make chase after them"