[PP-F7] Rumored <<Arabian Nights: Second Night>>

Jonathan was so sure about that? Well that was unfortunate, considering Sey would then miss the strike right after that occurred, resulting in nothing being done to the monster damage-wise and the would have to start the cycle all over again. The manticore was surviving for far too long, Sey just wished that he was able to inflict more damage onto it so that they would not be going through this mental torment. While he had plenty of energy on him, this was still something very much draining on him. And that was excluding the fact that he was not the one to be taking the hits anyways. Turning over to the tank, he would sigh and shake his head, eyes returning back to their half-closed position while his lips would equip a frown. "Sorry mate, it seems like that's not the case. See if you can do it instead." With that, he would then stand back and watch the show with his arms crossed.

Spoiler

ID# 80793 results:

Battle: 3 + 3 - 2 = 4

[10] @Morgenstern 862/880 <> 70/88 [Burn 2/2 -24] (-24 Phase)  (-24 Phase)  (-24 Burn)  (+66 BH)
[5] Sey 806/860 <> 23/86 [Burn 1/2 -24]  (-24 Burn) 

Manticore 39/647      50 Damage Mitigation / Accuracy: 3 / Evasion: 2 / 65 Basic Damage per hit / Tier 2 Burn Damage (on a successful non-critical hit after modifiers, except a natural 8,) [Deals 24 DMG for 2 turns] 

Abilities:

• Double attack: The chimera attacks twice in one turn, once on a successful BD and second on a successful MD. Evasion/Accuracy or any kind of Battle dice related action applies to the Monster dice as well. This acts as two distinct normal hits, each being mitigable.
  • Partial Phase: The chimera will always deal a minimum of 24 normal damage per hit, even through Armor and Armor Abilities/Mods. Except for the following Fire Breath attack.
  • Fire Breath: On a natural BD/MD of 8-10, the chimera will breath fire, releasing a AoE attack that will affect all players fighting it for 40 normal damage and Tier 2 Burn Damage per post, for the next 2 individual player post. It is possible to simultaneously release 2 Fire Breath attacks if the BD and MD meet the requirements for it. In this case, Burn Damage does not stack but resets post count, while the normal attack damage combines into 80 normal damage; this value is then mitigatable

Edited by Sey
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan watched with glee as Sey stormed forward, looking ready to destroy the Manticore. The man missed and Jonathan's happiness faded back to sourness of before. "No worries, I can try to get it myself" The man charged forward but the manticore had gone into a defensive moment. As he moved in, ut slashed his check and then released a firebreath attack to try to get him back away. He pushed through, slicing through the creature's tough skin The damage was not enough to finish the job done, but instead to bring it down even farther in health. Jonathan groaned and fell back preparing to see if Sey would finish it off, or if he would have to. The manticore was almost dead, then they would just have to flee back to Ali and give him whatever they received from killing it. 'Alright Sey, come on now!' 

Spoiler

80885 BD:6
80887 BD:7 MD:8 

[10] Morgenstern 856/880 <> 70/88 [Burn 2/2 -24] (-24 Phase)  (-24 Phase)  (-24 Burn)  (+66 BH)
[5] @Sey 806/860 <> 23/86 [Burn 2/2 -24]  (-24 Burn) ) (-24 Phase) -24 Phase

Manticore 19/647      50 Damage Mitigation / Accuracy: 3 / Evasion: 2 / 65 Basic Damage per hit / Tier 2 Burn Damage (on a successful non-critical hit after modifiers, except a natural 8,) [Deals 24 DMG for 2 turns] 

Abilities:

• Double attack: The chimera attacks twice in one turn, once on a successful BD and second on a successful MD. Evasion/Accuracy or any kind of Battle dice related action applies to the Monster dice as well. This acts as two distinct normal hits, each being mitigable.
  • Partial Phase: The chimera will always deal a minimum of 24 normal damage per hit, even through Armor and Armor Abilities/Mods. Except for the following Fire Breath attack.
  • Fire Breath: On a natural BD/MD of 8-10, the chimera will breath fire, releasing a AoE attack that will affect all players fighting it for 40 normal damage and Tier 2 Burn Damage per post, for the next 2 individual player post. It is possible to simultaneously release 2 Fire Breath attacks if the BD and MD meet the requirements for it. In this case, Burn Damage does not stack but resets post count, while the normal attack damage combines into 80 normal damage; this value is then mitigatable

There were a lot of annoying things about the game, but none of them were as bad as this. Another fire based attack would be launched at the two of them. Sey decided to just embrace it this time, as he felt his muscles tighten from the impact, but he would continue to walk through the flames before arriving up to the monster. His snow white hair would gently brush against the winds caused by the monster, resulting in the battle being done at this point in his mind. When he approached it, he would then begin with a pierce, already bringing the health back down to zero. He would continue to slash through it with piericing slices, resulting in a battered boss as the red critical signs were spamming over it's head. One final hit to the core, and it would shatter to pieces. The congrats sign would appear a few moments later.

Spoiler

ID# 80913 results:

Battle: 10
Dmg: 14 x 12 = 168 - 50 = 118 Dmg
SA: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.

[10] @Morgenstern 856/880 <> 70/88 [Burn 2/2 -24] (-24 Phase)  (-24 Phase)  (-24 Burn)  (+66 BH)
[7] Sey 812/860 <> 11/86 [Burn 2/2 -24]  (-24 Burn) ) (-24 Phase) -24 Phase

Manticore 0/647      50 Damage Mitigation / Accuracy: 3 / Evasion: 2 / 65 Basic Damage per hit / Tier 2 Burn Damage (on a successful non-critical hit after modifiers, except a natural 8,) [Deals 24 DMG for 2 turns] 

Abilities:

•  
Edited by Sey

Jonathan watched as Sey moved into the battle, still fighting strong as he had previously. With a few quick strikes, the boss was dead. Jonathan nodded his approval and sat on the ground, a bit exhausted from the battle. "Now that was a bit tough. That mitigation was a killer, I barely got through any of it" He let out a sigh of exhaustion and looked over at him. "You did well, your damage output had significantly increased. We will get your hands on a better item, and increase that even more. For the Celestial Ascendants a Demonic is rare. Only... two in it? Both are owned by Hikoru" He sighed. He knew Hikoru would not share them either, he had plans for them later in the future or whatever. Either that, or he just liked the fact of having them, or wanted to keep his Unique skills item. Jonathan would do just about anything for a unique skill. He wanted Calrex's but that was quite far-fetched to even be considering. 

@Sey

After the item had been placed in his hands, he would examine it to notice that it was the requested item Ali asked for. The enhancements were enticing, but nothing that the both of them really needed, so he would place it in his inventory for safekeeping until they got back to him to give him the item. "Seems pretty rare then. I'm trying to get the item through a few connections, more assists would definitely help. And if the Celestial Ascendants don't have that much of a good time with them, I can imagine how much harder it would be for anyone else to get it." Sey would reply before shrugging his shoulders. Right now, he was heavily indifferent to it. "Regardless, we have the item now, so he can proceed to Ali and get it to him. Hopefully we get some form of reward for going through that hell we just did. No wonder why Phase is such a loved enhancement people seem to fight for these days."

@Morgenstern

Jonathan sighed as he sat up, brushing the sand out of his hair. Sey still spoke on demonics, talking about how they must be hard to get their hands on. Jonathan nodded."Our guild is based on variety of builds. And as I have noticed, KoB is all DMG dealers. Meaning, they all have a good chance about getting and keeping the last drop." He sighed about the recent occurrences. Sey switched tones and figured they should get back to Ali as soon as possible. Jonathan nodded and replied, "Yeah lets get back. I am tired of dealing with these bandits. We better get a good sum of money for this. Especially since we are bringing him back this thing" Jonathan sighs and stands up, noting that they would begin their way back anytime soon. Jonathan thought for a moment on wat it would be like if he got his hands on a Shield Demonic. Oh, that would be, by far the best thing that could ever happen to him. 

@Sey

"Well, the brokers tell of updates coming up. Not sure how much I can contribute, but if I change my weapon and focus of my build to be heavy on damage rather than equal scales on all things, then the chances of getting those things probably increase heavily." Sey would then proceed to walk out from the mountaintops that they were on as of currently. It was true, he was planning on getting something that does quick damage, like a Rapier. Yes, that seemed like a lot of fun actually. He would place his hands in his pockets as he would then begin to jump down the mountain, making sure his health did not take any bullets in the process. "I'm not giving up on a Balance build though. It's just going to take a little bit longer before I get to that point where healing and scouting would be the prime goal. While I do have some nice things right now, it's important to have things set out so that we can stay ahead of the game. And if we need demonics to do that, then that's just how it works." He would then approach the town, the tavern not being too far from them from their current position.

Jonathan watched as his energy filled itself the rest of the way up. Sey spoke of his chances on getting demonics if he shifted a bit to the DMG dealer. Jonathan nodded. He truthfully would hate to see Sey move into a DMG build, but the man went on about how he would prefer to keep his balance build, which definitely was a relief to Jonathan. Jonathan stared at the man for a minute before turning to look at the direction they had come from. "Alright, halfway done. Lets get moving out of here!" The blond whistled and his familiar soared back in from they sky to land back on his shoulder. The phoenix familiar perched there for a second, paying zero attention to Sey. The blond chuckled and began on the path back to the mountains. "I myslef am actually going to be bringing my damage back up to snuff, before I continue farther into the tanking path."

@Sey

With that, they were on their way to where Ali was. It was not going to take too long at this rate, it would be a lot more productive if they just ran. But through the cold and considering the massive energy lost from that last fight, it probably would not end too well. It was a nice thought, but none too realistic. So he would just continue to walk, hoping to not lose too much breath due to how cold it was in the air around them. Placing the mask in hand, be wondered how much damage it was supposed to block. While it was tempting, it did less damage for more hate, an exchange he did not feel would be really needed. His armor can block enough damage, and he would very much prefer it stayed that way anyways.  "We must find the bar and we should be good." Buuuuuut... No such luck would arrive, as he would then hear what they had to encounter next... And it was definitely no good in any way...

@Morgenstern

Edited by Sey

Jonathan began to follow Sey back out of the area, starting to head back over to Ali's bar. It was mostly quiet, except for the soft breeze of the wind. He felt like they had missed something, but the quest still moved on. Then he heard approaching. He turned and before their attack, managed to see both of his attackers. The thieves that had released the Maticore on them. They slashed through Jonathan's chest, but they had no lasting effect on his health bar. "Alright Sey, we have two more of them thieves, it appears are work is yet to be done here" He slammed into one of the thieves with his shield and got it far enough back away from them, that he could take a go at it. He <<Howled>> to get their attention and they remained focused upon him. 'Alright, just two more... Easy' He turned to Sey. "Don't worry about AoE attacks! We will just take them one by one, much faster." He knew Sey was not the best when it came to AoE attacks. 

Spoiler

Thief: 81484 BD:7 CD:7 Tri-Pierce

[3] Morgenstern 880/880 <> 88/88 [HP:860-(27-50 +66=0 DMG) 
[0] @Sey 860/860 <> 86/86 

Thief A 186/186
Thief B 186/186

• Health: 186 / Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)
  • Basic Damage: 9 (10 on a natural BD of 9 , 11 on a natural 10 BD of 10)

Available Sword Arts / Conditions (Thief dice):
Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

• Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-3]
  • Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 4-8]
  • Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
  • Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]
  • Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12]

Spoiler

ID# 81491 results:

Battle: 3 + 3 = 6

Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 - 43 = 101

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 <> 88/88 
[0] Sey 860/860 <> 85/86 

Thief A 85/186
Thief B 186/186

• Health: 186 / Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)

Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

• Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
  • Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]

All right, one at a time, got it. He would attempt to slam the blade of his spear against the enemy, only for them to narrowly avoid the attack. With that sort of thing being used, he would step back to prevent any counterattacks from reaching him. It was narrow, but he was able to avoid them as well. And considering the hate was not towards him, they would proceed to return back to Jonathan. Already did Sey get tired of this, and this was probably going to take as long as the last encounter they had with the thieves. Somehow, two was just as annoying as four, and they had the same abilities and everything. SAO was unfair sometimes, and this was one of those times. When he gets the update, he’s changing his weapon, there is no doubt about that. He wanted more damage for the build as soon as possible.

Edited by Sey

Jonathan watched as Sey reacted quickly to the attackers. His spear slid through any defense they might have, and homed in the bandit's chest. Jonathan cheered and charged forward, but the bandits were already keeping tabs on him. They dodged his attacks and moved close enough that every so often, he would have to move forward with his shield. Nothing was getting done, so the theives retreated away, speaking between themselves. The higher healthed one staying in front, as if it were protecting the other one from death. Sey on the other hand, should have been able to get through and finish one of them, and then move on to the last one, so they could get back over to Ali. "Alright Sey, you are doing fine there man, keep it up" He raised his shield to decide where to come from next. 

Spoiler

Me: 81492 BD:2+2
Theif: 81493 BD:3+2

[3] Morgenstern 880/880 <> 87/88 
[0] @Sey 860/860 <> 74/86 

Thief A 85/186
Thief B 186/186

Sey tried to end the first thief quickly with a swift slash, but the enemies would both narrowly avoid his attack by slicing to the side, resulting with nothing but a failed attempt that had been tried. With this said and done, he would then jump back from the both of them, preparing for them to strike again. The worst thing about missing was that it stalled the already long battle, it was nothing that he was comfortable with at all. So with that said and done, he would place his hands in his pockets and look to Jonathan. “Seems like I was off of my game for now. Take your best shot at it, I’m sure you will have better luck at it than what I seem to be having as of currently.” The snow-haired player explained. They were so close, why did these idiots have to get in the way?

Spoiler

ID# 81597 results:

Battle: 1

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 <> 87/88 
[1] Sey 860/860 <> 73/86 

Thief A 85/186
Thief B 186/186

Edited by Sey

Jonathan watched as Sey failed to finish off one of the thieves that he had weakened for himself. Jonathan sighed and began to look towards the other one. He could bring its health lower for Sey to finish off, but he did not deal enough for Sey to just take him out. He sighed and charged forward, the thief managed to hit him, but he kept moving forward, slashing through its body as if it were confetti. "There we go" He managed deal a bit of damage, not enough but it was a good amount compared to what he had previously dealt. "alright Sey, you keep finishing off yours, I am going to see if I can bring this guy down for you to be able to finish him off. I think that is a bit far fetched, but I am trying here" His bttle healing took control and healed him fully, which really was nice to have, but at the moment he would have traded it for more damage. 

Spoiler

81649 BD:9
81650 BD:5+2, CD:6

[3] Morgenstern 880/880 <> 87/88 
[1] @Sey 860/860 <> 73/86 

Thief A 85/186
Thief B 153/186 (11*7=77-43=33)

“No problem! This fool is mine!” Sey declared, locking his knees as he would hold the spear behind his back. A casual walking manner would be taken as the thief rushed towards him. As a result, it woud attempt to slash through him with a dagger. Fortunately for him, he was more familiar with it than the enemy was. He swiftly shifted his muscles to turn towards the right side, raising his left spear side to block the sudden second strike. The third strike would attempt to hit him from above, but he would slice upwards to parry the attack. The thief would be launched back a bit, dizzy for the moment as he would then jump forward, starting the merciless flurry attack and cause the npc enemy to shatter into many pieces of data. Perfect, there was now officially one more enemy to handle, and Jonathan said he had it covered. But now Sey can come in.

Spoiler

ID# 81704 results:

Battle: 9
Dmg: 13 x 12 x 1 = 156 - 43 = 113
SA: Merciless Flurry - 12x1 - (13 Energy) - A high-end sword art that strikes the target with a flurry of rapid thrusts.

[3] @Morgenstern 880/880 <> 87/88 
[3] Sey 860/860 <> 61/86 

Thief A 0/186
Thief B 153/186

•  
Edited by Sey

Joanthan watched as Sey moved forward, using his advantage in speed and skill to finished off one of the thieves. Just one more to go. He turned upon the other thief and charged forward, keeping his speed high. He deflected its dagger and then proceeded to whip his blade around its form, bringing it quite far down in health. His talent with his weapon was good, he was just limited to the skill points invested into it. He moved back, hoping that Sey would manage to finish it off so they could go back to Ali's tavern. They had already spent far too long out here, and he would much more appreciate it, if this quest was over. "Come on Sey, you got this man!" He knew Sey's weapon limited him in damage, but he also knew that he had a chance to get the job done. 'More chance that I by far' 

Spoiler

81705 BD:8
81706 BD:3+2 <Savvy actvated> 

[4] Morgenstern 880/880 <> 65/88 
[3] @Sey 860/860 <> 61/86 

Thief A 0/186
Thief B 125/186 <70-43=27>

Health: 186 / Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)
Basic Damage: 9 (10 on a natural BD of 9 , 11 on a natural 10 BD of 10)
Available Sword Arts / Conditions (Thief dice):
Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-3]
Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 4-8]
Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]
Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12]

“I will put an end to this!” The snow-haired player would declare as he would raise his spear up, the blue light glowing from the tip as he triggered the flurry sword art once again. His energy bar would be nearing the yellow point as well, something that he needed to take care of, but it was not likely to run out before this battle ended. So he would then march towards the enemy with a rush so swift, his legs pretty much blurring thanks to the evasion he recently received. Once he got close enough to the thief, they would attempt to slice to the side to take advantage of the momentum. Sey neatly dodged the attack with a little more grace than usually before uppercut slicing the chin of the thief, launching them into the air. He would pierce them while airborne for a few seconds before leaping up and slamming them to the ground. However, the result from this was unfortunately low HP, not a defeated enemy. “End this Jonathan!”

Spoiler

ID# 81707 results:

Battle: 8
Dmg: 12 x 12 x 1 = 144 - 43 = 101 Dmg

[4] @Morgenstern 880/880 <> 65/88 
[4] Sey 860/860 <> 49/86 

Thief A 0/186
Thief B 24/186

Health: 186 / Damage Mitigation: 43 / Accuracy: 2 / Savvy: 2 / Tier 2 Bleed (8-10 nat BD)
Basic Damage: 9 (10 on a natural BD of 9 , 11 on a natural 10 BD of 10)
Available Sword Arts / Conditions (Thief dice):
Bandits don't have an energy bar but they will use sword arts with every successful hit.

Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-3]
Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 4-8]
Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]
Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12]

Edited by Sey

Morgenstern watched as Sey moved in on the last thief with such excitement and precision that he brought it down dangerously low in health. Jonathan knew that another hit and it would have been finished off. "Alright, I got it man!" He charged forward, not giving the thief a chance. He slashed upward, an then downward, side to side, until he was at the point where it was a flurry of attacks. Gradually its health was down to a sliver and he charged up the final of his attack before smiting down the creature. The creature shattered into pixels, leaving Jonathan with no opponent or prize. He sighed and sheathed his weapon before turning to Sey. "I believe we are done here, let's go and see Ali, now don't we?" He began to follow the trail back, hoping to see Ali quite shortly. 

Spoiler

81708 BD:3+3

[5] Morgenstern 880/880 <> 59/88 
[4] @Sey 860/860 <> 49/86 

Thief A 0/186
Thief B 0/186
<7*10=70-43=27>

Sey would place his hands in his pockets as he would let the spear fall by his side, witnessing the end of the quest in front of his eyes. Now they were going to have to get back to Ali on the double, but not without an approval with him nodding his head. “Nice job, Jonathan, now let’s get the mask over to him.” The snow-haired player would announce, moving himself towards the direction of the bar as they would travel down the mountains. Sey decided to make his way to the bar while running, not walking, as there might be more enemies to come if they were to stay around any long. And Sey did not want that to happen again, the struggle they just went through to get the skill points was just not worth it. On the plus side however, they were able to develop some more power from this uest, certainly a reward not worth sneezing at. And so they would eventually arrive.

They would walk forward silently, and as they finally reached their destination, Jonathan nodded to see before pushing the door of the pub. Ali was sitting at the bar where they had left him. He was laughing along with his brother, they cheered and downed another glass of rum. The blond shook his head distatefully. He rarely ever drank, and he only did it when he was pressured into it, or was just trying to get a mild tang. This time, Jonahan sat closest to Ali, and said, "It appears the rumors were true. We have brought you the mane of the beast as proof. A chimera, just as you said. Right Sey?" He glanced back at his friend but Ai was more interested in the mane that Sey held. He snatched it up in his hands and held it gingerly, as if he held a baby. "Eh? so it's all true???" he asks while staring at the Chimera Mask in his hands. Jonathan nodded. He did not appear to be as surprised as he would have thought the man would have been, maybe such implausible things weren't a strange sight to him. He quickly gets over and starts fooling around with the mask as he heads towards the Tavern's exit. "Almost forgot!" he adds as he turned around and handed them a pouch full of Col coins. "It isn't much but I'll be in your dept." he adds as he leaves the tavern with the mask on his face bouncing around happily, like a kid that got a new toy. In the same time, The Quest Ending Window pops in front of him, displaying their hard earned rewards. "Not much col, but I will certainly take it." He watched as his level rised for a days good work. He turned to Sey and said, 

"Well that was fun, and I even got a bit of Experience from. We will take the third one after a bit more, when you and I are ready for it. Until then, we will probably not party up, just you and I. Unless an event comes along that is" 

@Sey Last post or results m8