<A Hidden Beat> Traveler (PP-F5) Beatbox

Spoiler

<<The Traveler>>

This quest takes place on Floor 5
This quest is repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark

A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak that wraps around her entire body, including her face, approaches and explains that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. She has become weak with sickness, and must rest. However, the goods must be recovered within two days. It's up to you to find it.

The trip into the desert will take a day and a night, so you must be prepared to survive. Once in the desert, you lose 10 points of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand. If you manage to survive this quest and find the cargo, you will be gifted with the <<Survival>> extra skill.

This skill will give you the ability to survive harsh areas.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The cargo must be found
- Repeat completions will not reward the player with additional skill points.

Rewards:

1. Survival: (Extra Skill) No Ranks. Passive. Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.
  2. 1 Skill Point
Parties or Groups are encouraged and all party members participating can earn the skill. Health recovery items recommended.

Recommended Level: 10

Hidden sighed as she stood on the fifth floor. She had heard that this floor was a desert and was hot, but she had believed that it would be much better than freezing on the fourth floor. Boy was she wrong. The fourth floor was col and she hated every second of it. The fifth floor was just as bad, with its extreme heats and dryness. Occasionally there was a breeze of death that would cause her to choke on sand, and become pelted by millions of grains. She was just here for a single quest. She heard there was a few more on this floor, but she was just completing the one at the moment. This one was the one required if she was going to go into the harsher conditions further on in the floors. She was alone once again for this journey, her not wishing too bug Sey with her little quests and expeditions. She really had no other friends, and she would only call upon Domarus if she ACTUALLY needed help with the quest. This time it was just her, and she would have to move on alone. The monsters here would deal quite a bit of damage to her, but they would have trouble catching or hitting her. 

@Beatbox

Beatbox had roamed the floor that had been a landscape of purely sand and sandstorms as far as the eye could see, he never really knows why he is on certain floors, but today he kinda wanted to get away from the publics eye for a while. Even still he had equipped "the Mask of the Paradox" along with his Stardrive set as he had roamed the floor. And as he knew it he eventually had gotten into a bar, in which he had remembered he had found someone that needed their help on a quest, but he had already helped her once, and he had no real need to solo it for whatever reason. He simply had taken a seat and ordered a drink along with a meal, paying for it first. He did not remove his mask as of yet, he wanted to wait for his food before he did that for now, he wanted to keep his identity a secret for now, the last thing he wanted is for someone to recognize him and start calling him the Star of Aincrad and go crazy about it.

@Hidden

That was it. She could not go out into the desert in the conditions she was in. She had to stop somewhere and get a drink or something before she could start. The heat would affect her decision making, and that is what needed to be at her sharpest. Even with her cloak always covering her face, it was hot and dry. She stepped into a nearby bar, and found herself a seat. As the man came over and requested to know what she wanted she thought for a second. "Water. Water would be great" The man hurried away and she eyed around the room. Only a few players were in the room. Two men spoke quietly in the corner, looking of serious business. Another sat at another seat and he work a strange looking mask that gave her the creeps. Hopefully THAT man would not come around, sniffing in her business. That mask made all of her alarms wail. The waiter brought her the requested water and she sipped it quietly, the water was refreshing and relaxing.  'What did they put in this? It is great!' 

@Beatbox

After a bit of time he had noticed a female wearing a black coat walk in, Beatbox shook for a bit as he continued to look down "Shoot... did they really find me here? Of all places?" he had thought she was a part of the laughing coffin, even if she was at a low level, he was tired of the constant fighting against them. Then his food came, he removed his mask to reveal his face to give her a warm smile with a "Thank you madam." and reached into his inventory to leave a 1000 col tip. He ordered something nice and simple, one that he could finish simply and easily. After eating it though he could over hear in the background "Hey... isn't that Beatbox the Star of Aincrad over there?" from one of the female players "Yeah... I think that is... you should go and say hi..." they giggled. Beatbox then let out a sigh as he just wanted to stay out of the publics eyes as he grabs onto his mask again that hung from a chain from his armor as he had placed it back onto his face as he stood up and started to walk out of the bar without grabbing any more attention than he already needs.

@Hidden

She sipped her water silently and watched as one of the waitress NPC's brought the masked man his order. She watched as the man took off his mask to reveal a blond and red-haired man. It was an odd mixture of colors. A few female players that were found a few seats away form her mentioned something about the man. Beatbox the Star of Aincrad over there? She pondered this for a mere second. She guessed the man's name was Beatbox as for the title he had... Star of Aincrad? That had to be the weirdest thing she had ever heard. Alas, the man was quite popular, which she wanted no part of. She took another drink, observing more of the man. He was a green player and... Great. Another Celestial Ascendants member. The sun in the guild area of a players Health bar seemed to just be following her. She seen it almost everyday. She watched as the man replaced on his mask and left the bar, obviously not impressed with the attention he was getting. 'Tell me about it. I hate attention.' She sucked again but looked down at her drink. It was empty .She sighed, payed her dues and left the bar. 

"Where to now? That lady never gave a specific point of where I was supposed to go" 

@Beatbox

Beatbox had stepped outside the bar and moved over next to the door to avoid the sights of the two females that were inside the bar as he had looked down and over to the ranging sandstorm, he chuckled as he knew that sandstorm was now nothing to Beatbox due to his survival skill... he always wondered what he could find out there in that sandstorm other than lost cargo... treasure? Lost Dungeons? A real challenge? He was dying to know, however at the same time he was worried that a dangerous being... or a dangerous player could be out there lurking. He shook his head and stepped out to the bazaar in which he had found the old lady he had saw a long time ago without her cargo... he had sighed, an npc even cant take care of her own things. Beatbox shifted his eyes to the many NPC stores that were around as he bought a couple canteens of water and few bits of rations as he was gonna go out to the desert today and go exploring.

@Hidden

The cloaked girl looked around, noticing a few NPC shops, selling water of course. She already had some, and just needed to get started on with the quest. She looked out into the open desert, sighed a moment and moved on out. Immediately, the air changed, becoming more sandy, dense, and hot. 'I could have gotten this skill on the freaking first floor and been just fine' She looked ahead, seeing nothing but sands. She was probably going to be out here a while, so she might as well find something to do. Though, out here in the desert there really was nothing to do. Even the town behind her began to fade in the distance, and she knew soon it would become nothing. It would have been much more fun if I would have brought Sey with me. He always knows how to make places like this not so miserable. A I said before though, I must learn to survive on my own. I am going out to learn Survival. Same thing right? 

79884 CD:7
@Beatbox

Edited by Hidden

Beatbox during his travels, he had noticed a figure moving in the distance through the raging sandstorm, removing his mask he looked out to make sure that he wasn't going crazy... surely enough, it was an actual player, green marker, HP bar and all. She had seemed to be wearing black despite the fact that it absorbs sunlight making it more hotter in which you would need more and more water eventually. "Eventually it would become unbearable... I am wanting to believe that he or she knows what they are doing, but... it would be safe to keep a distance and follow behind just to be sure that he or she is at least safe. It would be a good idea not to wear my mask anymore from now on then." his familiar peered out of his suit to look out only to see another sandstorm and just more sand, his familiar looked up with a whine as it didn't really like this floor due to its sandstorms. Beatbox had looked down and with a smile said to his familiar "I know you don't like the sand, but let me make sure this player makes it to their destinations safely, aight?"

@Hidden

She had to admit. This was quite a bit harder than she had expected. The heat was almost unbearable, and the winds were harsh. She had yet to encounter these "Sandstorms" but no doubt she would get caught in one with her luck. She pulled a water out of her inventory, and took a drink. Immediately, the flowing water began to work its magic. The itchy roughness in her throat faded and she could taste something better than the sand she accidentally sucked in and tried spitting out. 'It won't be long before night time, I had better start searching for something or else it might get bad. I have no ideas what kind of monsters this desert makes up at night; She began to search for a cave, or something to make herself a camp in. It would be a lonely and cold night, especially since she did not have enough things to start up a fire. 

80083 CD:11

@Beatbox

Edited by Hidden

The sun had begun to fall, he was quite impressed with this player... not only did they become prepared and bring water, but survive the heat despite the unbearable heat it might have, Beatbox had no real need for water at the moment due to his Survival skill... but, eventually he'll need some. Beatbox decided to catch up with the player, he couldn't sit back to watch anymore, they both needed to find shelter soon before they would be lost in the sandstorm in the night, which was a bad thing to happen "Excuse me hooded figure, I know that you must be traveling solo for a reason, but do ya need any assistance in getting shelter soon? Its getting fairly dark, and well, its not a good idea to walk in a sandstorm at night time." his familiar had peered out of his suit to look towards the player with one eye closed due to the winds and sand coming from the sandstorm that had raged on in the desert.

@Hidden

Hidden walked forward, a bit unpleased with the weather, but she was now more tired. Her legs ached from nothing but constant walking. She heard quicker footsteps behind her, and a voice. Instantly, her tiredness subsided ans adrenaline coursed through her body. She darted forward away from the man and turned, dagger already in hand. She scouted the player instantly, and was confused afterward. 'The star of aincrad guy again? Well, he still is in the Celestial Ascendants guild, so perhaps I have a chance still' She choked down her fear and spoke confidently. "I am oing to give you five seconds to start explaining why you are here. Are you following me?" She stared at the man, disregarding anything he had just said. At the moment, he was more a threat then the night. A fox familiar was seen poking his head out of the suit that the man wore. The blond/red haired man looked a bit battlehardened so she wondered if he had been in many battles. 

80094 CD:5

@Beatbox

Edited by Hidden

Beatbox had noticed the dagger upon her hand, he had sighed, maybe it was for the best if he had just said nothing... however, it would have been bad if she had spotted him, so either way having a weapon unsheathed would have happened... not that it would hurt him or anything it still kinda sucks. The she had begun to speak, Beatbox had blinked for a moment, her voice sounded so familiar somehow... did he hear it from somewhere? He shook his head to quickly respond "Just following a motto that I have, I would not ever leave someone alone in a dangerous situation. Not now not ever, I can't bear to think that someone wouldn't return from a dangerous environment." he said with a serious look upon his face before easing up and extending his heard forward for a handshake with a smile "Beatbox, Frontliner and Sentinel in the Celestial Ascendant's. Its a pleasure madam." after a handshake was done he would place a hand over his heart and bow before the female with elegance and friendliness.

@Hidden

Hidden stood silently as the man spoke and introduced himself. Apparently he was just following her for her safety. She thought for a moment, and thought of replying that she did not need help, but he began to speak again. He introduced himself fully, and just that information gave her a good basis on him. If he was another CA member, he would be obliged to usually not attack other players and not kill them. He was also a frontliner, so if he wanted to kill her, there was absolutely nothing she could do to stop him. She sheathed her dagger back in the sleeve of her cloak and took a breath. She looked to the man and said, "Well fine then, I understand where you are coming from. We had better find shelter soon, just give me a second and I will find us one" She slowly turned away from the man. As she activated her Search and Detect skill, her eyes gleamed as she searched around. She looked along the sandy rocks she eventually came across a cave, and she could not see all the way into it. "That way Beatbox. We can make a camp or whatever there" 

80118 CD:7

@Beatbox

Edited by Hidden

Beatbox had grinned as she had slowly turned her back from him, at least she was wanting to cooperate and let him look over her? He sighed as he had followed behind Hidden into the cave "Sure, I've got some skills to make fires and stuff." he had said to her as he looked into the cave making sure no creatures or bosses where here and when the coast was clear he had looked to the female player with a smile "Looks like we are safe, let me start a fire." he said before going into his inventory to pull out wood and the materials to start the fire. "So. You never told me your name, if you don't mind me asking." he said as he ignited a spark and a fire raged on, he had sighed, it wasn't as hard to start an actual fire, very well simplified and easy to start, he took a seat next to the fire as he stared into it and looking down to his mask as he let out a smile and a grin "I wish I didn't need to use this mask so much..." he whispered to himself.

@Hidden

She moved to the cave silently as she listened for Beatbox. She might be sure that he was not going to try anything, but she had to be wary. The man peeked into the cave first and walked in mentioning how they were safe. She shook her head in response and said, "Never in this game" She sighed and watched as the man set up a fire. She sat down on the harder ground and he sat on the other side. He pulled out his mask and stared at it, and asked her what her name was. She sat there for a second before deciding that if she was going to survive, she would need to cooperate with this man. "My name is Hidden. Let's keep it that way now that you know" She looked away from him and stared at the fire. She needed to figure out how to do it, but she had usually not spent her time sleeping in caves. This was her third or fourth time with it. She heard him mutter something about his mask, but she did not worry about it too much. Most people had their problems and preferred to keep them to themselves. 

80121 CD:8

@Beatbox

Edited by Hidden

Beatbox had chuckled... "Oh really?" he had looked back down as he was crafting his fire "Look. I understand the circumstances of this game but... well, if you think about it. The real world is the same way, well minus the monsters and sword arts and simplified everything. But its about as dangerous out there as it is here." he said with a serious face "War, dictatorship, greed, actual gunfight, the list goes on. You understand this statement correct?" he then lightened up a bit and let a smile crawl upon his face "Then take a load off, you're safe now, I am too strong for any mob's on this floor to handle, and you're away from the sandstorm." he finished the fire as he had heard her name, Beatbox had smirked, it looked like she was going to be a little disrespectful about it. Beatbox had sighed, and opened his menu's to send some messages in between something to be said or something to come from Hidden.

@Hidden

To: @Sey

Yo.

Have ya gotten the present yet? I didn't give you all that col for nothin'.

Hidden listened to the man in front of her. She had yet to decide if she liked the man enough or not. Trust was not in the picture now, but perhaps she could be at a place where she did not dislike the man since they already had so much in common. The man was currently explaining how the real world was just as dangerous. She rolled her eyes and stared at him for a second and decided if anything would happen friendly, she would have to change the subject. She cleared her throat and said, "On a lighter note...." She thought for a second for a question and asked him, "So Beatbox... What is your goal? Or perhaps a better way to say it would be, why do you follow such a motto?" She looked at him rather questioningly. She did not want to hate this guy, their personalities clashed a bit but that would be fine. Anyway, they were much closer than he thought most likely. Sey and her had not spread any such news, so Beatbox would not know exactly who she was. "I would tell you more about myself... but at the moment I just have my name. No titles" 

@Beatbox

"My goal?" Beatbox had said out briefly after she had asked, even though this was the simplest question he was ever asked, he still was going to be polite about it, it was only the nicest thing to do "My goal in this world is to brighten up those who need it. The last thing I want people to feel is stress in this world, because it then leads to depression, killing of other players, and even suicide. I've seen all three Hidden." he dropped the mask that was in his hand and stared back into the fire as it had burned brightly "This world is not worth it if you are stressed all the time. I want people to strive for better, not endlessly fight in this death game. Take a break, just take a few breaths every-so-often. Y'know?" he asked Hidden despite him probably already knowing the answer that she was going to reply back. After her last comment Beatbox respectfully had nodded his head and said "Right, and for the interest of your own desires I will respect that decision. Hell you just met me out of a mistake of my own." he said with a sigh.

@Hidden - Sorry for the long wait.

Hidden listened to Beatbox as he spoke. Apparently, his wish was to brighten Aincrad up. Make it feel better. It was a goal, but one that was unachievable, and with little purpose. She decided she would keep such thoughts to herself, and move on with the conversation. She preferred to keep on fighting, remaining in the shadows and things Beatbox would not like her doing. That was just her personality. "Last question. Star of Aincrad. What kind of name is that? I can tell it is not self-proclaimed. Are you a performer or something?" She could tell she probably pushed the dagger in a bit too far, but she was learning quite a bit about the player in front of her, just by his answers. It was like reading a book. Beatbox was a rathre strange individual. One that had gotten attention, but no longer wanted it. Had h wanted it before, and then tasted the sour and bitterness of it? It was hard to tell, but she would be getting some res soon. She would keep in a half-state of sleep. She wanted to ensure he was not going to do anything off the hook. 

@Beatbox

Beatbox had looked back to Hidden and chuckled a bit to her next question: "No, its not self-claimed, matter of fact I feel like its pity to this job that seemingly doesn't work. I simply want them to keep their heads up in this world, and what I get in return is nothing." he had said without a second thought and without a second doubt in his mind only to be followed with "All I want is to plow through this game, I don't need this position that I have. Nor, should I honestly keep going. But I choose too, because I want to see the smiles on those who cant." he looked back down to the flames and then down to his lap where he had found his familiar sleeping, he didn't notice him move there, but his familiar was full of many surprises it had seemed, he chuckled, he shook his head "Sometimes I believe I am foolish enough to do this, sometimes I honestly think I am useless, and in this world, well... in some technicalities I am, but I don't care." he said.

@Hidden