[PP-F2]Finding a talent (Vigilon, Atzo, Itzal) <<Earning A Living>>[Complete]

Vigilon looked at the bulletin board, hoping to find something he was capable of. He noticed Atzo's message, and began walking towards the direction that would take him tho his destination. Five minutes later, he stopped short. "Hang on," he thought. "I don't even know this guy, so how do I know its not a trap or something?" Then he got an idea. He pulled up his messenger and asked Itzal to come with him. Vigilon smiled, knowing he was definitely safe with a confirmed ally and friend around, and left for the Log manor on the second floor. He thought that perhaps he could search for a few things while on the mountain trail to his destination, and he also wondered what this Atzo was like. "Hmm... I'm not too sure about this Atzo just yet, but I'm not gonna let that bother me today. Whether Atzo is trustworthy or not might have to wait..." Vigilon dropped the thought in hopes that Atzo was certainly trustworthy...for now.

@Atzo

@Itzal

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal was busy training in the Celestial Ascendant's new guild hall.  There were two chests, one that generated a blob monster, and the second spawned a blob boss.  He wasn't doing those however.  He was using one of the training dummies.  One was an ordinary dummy while the other was a martial arts training one.  Itzal was using the martial arts one, since he needed to get it's rank up.  However when the message popped up he lost focus and one struck him in the face, knocking him back.  He lied on his back for a while and read the message.  It was from Vigilon.  He wanted to hang out with Itzal apparently.  He smiled and stood up, dashing for the floor teleporter.  When he warped onto the floor Vigilon was on (OOC:  put the floor and party type in the title thread Vig XD ) he spotted the player by the board.  He waved to him with a smile, Velnia flying over and sitting on the player's head.  "Hey Vigilon!  How's it going?"

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal

Atzo sat in his study laboring over his book of poem. Words flying out of his pen at lightning speed. The large windows were open and birds could be heard chirping, a slight breeze blew in. “I wonder if I will get any takers on my ad today. I am looking forward to someone to keep me company this fine day.” The Emerald Manson overlooked a cliffside and he could see a fair distance out, though he could not see the city. It was a beautiful day outside. Atzo equipped his Cloak of the Changing Tide. Giving him wolf ears and a full set of canine fangs. Faces of the Damned, his set of void black light armour with the guild symbol of the Emerald Harbingers prominent across his chest, Misguidance, his mirrored blade, and the Amulet of the Damned, a small crystal necklace that seemed to have souls swirling around inside it. Atzo was probably fairly intimidating to most new players but he knew they wouldn't be scared of him for long, unless they gave him a reason to get angry that was.

@Vigilon

OOC: Oh yeah, it was F1 I think...but we would have to meet up at Atzo's manor, which last time I checked, was F2, but I prefer to try this quest on F1.

Vigilon was almost caught with surprise when Velnia sat on his head. "Not much, Itzal, but I could use your help today! I am going to try a quest, and someone who goes by Atzo is looking for players to help. Not sure if that's true, so I would like you to come with me. His manor is on a mountain in Floor 2, just three hours away from the safe zone." Vigilon knew the quest he had in mind, and was considering the build he would prefer. He knew of other quests in Floor 1, but he considered himself too weak to accomplish them. Since he would be leaving the safe zone, he thought about certain things, such as to be observant, and it is usually not a bad idea to keep a hand on his sword hilt at all times. Not everything could go wrong, but who ever said you can't be too careful?

@Itzal

@Atzo

Itzal listened to Vigilon explain how he was going to go on a quest and how a player named Atzo was looking to help players.  He also mentioned how this player had to be approached and that he had a manor on the second floor.  A manor?  Itzal had never met someone who owned a manor before.  However Itzal understood that some players wanted big things, lots of flash and wealth.  Itzal preferred just enough to be content.  And all he needed was seventy hundred col to make his dream house a reality.  Itzal nodded.  "Why not?  Let's check it out shall we?  I've never actually seen a manor before.  In Aincrad or real life, so it should be interesting.  Uh, by the way, where are his coordinates?"  After receiving directions from Vigilon, he began to lead the way to the manor.  Itzal was almost done memorizing this floor and was rather excited to see the manor.  Who this player was he had no idea, but as to where it was he knew that spot very well...  And was surprised to hear that there was a manor there.  Soon enough it was in view and Itzal whistled.  "Dang.  Yeah that place is pretty huge.  Come on, let's knock and see our new friend."  Itzal walked to the door and knocked three times, hearing an echo from inside.  Velnia's tail twitched as she waited to see who would open the door.

@Atzo

There was a knock at his door. “Looks like someone made it. Hopefully a response to my ad.” He walked down the grand staircase to the large double doors of the Emerald Mansion. Opening them he saw two players. One, a short kid with black hair. He seemed to be of a  very high level. The other a even shorter person with blonde hair. This one must be the low level player. Atzo didn’t mind teaming up with a high level player, though it did mean that if they fought things that they would be at a higher risk. Still he stood in the doorway, the cloak ruffling in the breeze. His wolf ears perked up and he wore a light hearted but sly smile that exposed his full set of canine teeth. “Welcome to the Emerald Mansion. I am Atzo, The Man with Many Faces, and Leader of the Emerald Harbingers. How may I be of assistance?” 

(OOC: We can always just head back to Floor 1. I just would have had no reason to be there)

@Vigilon

OOC: ITS NOT BLONDE ITS LIGHT BROWN

To Vigilon, Atzo's appearance was slightly intimidating. "I am here about the ad." was Vigilon's reply. "I brought a friend along in case we wound up in a situation that you and I couldn't handle." As Vigilon spoke, he paid lots of attention to Atzo's eyes, trying to see his motive. "If it's a trap," He thought, "Itzal can help me escape without dying. If he really wishes to help, I must see why..." Vigilon's sibling always thought him to be a bit "Nosy". In here, Vigilon could not understand actions without finding motives...most of the time. "My name is Vigilon, and I have a repeatable quest in mind." Vigilon guessed that Itzal wanted him to get up on his feet, but he wondered what Atzo could want of him... He was a Guild leader, and yet Vigilon had never heard of him thus far. "I guess not all Guild Leaders are known of..."

@Itzal

@Atzo

OOC:  Vigilon calm XD  No shouting

Itzal watched as the door opened and was met with what he had to admit was the most interesting appearance in the game so far.  The man had wolf ears, though they seemed to be more of an illusion than actual ears as well as pointed teeth.  The man's cloak was pitch black save for a symbol he hadn't seen before.  The sword was rather interesting.  The shape and design was almost like the Daedric sword from Skyrim but something was off about it...  Then the player introduced himself as Atzo and identified his home as 'the emerald mansion'.  Itzal was planning to ask him why it was called that when he gave the player his many titles.  Many faces? There could be multiple ways that could be interpreted.  Then he mentioned a guild Itzal never heard of before and registered it in his memory.  The name did answer the title of the mansion question though.  "Emerald Harbingers eh?  While I haven't heard that name before I'm guessing you intend to build up it's name.  Well Atzo my name is Itzal, the scout paladin of Celestial Ascendants.  Nice to meet you."  After Vigilon introduced himself the player noted that he wanted to do a repeatable quest.  "Hey Vigilon, mind uh, cluing us in on what that quest might be?"  Velnia poked her head out of Itzal's trench coat with a yawn and then opened her eyes.  She blinked at the symbol on Atzo's cloak and looked up slowly.  When she spotted the player's face she hesitated before deciding she wasn't going to greet this one.......... Instead she took flight and landed on the player's head and was about to bite his ear like how puppy's would play with each other when Itzal grabbed her.  "Um, Velnia, this is Atzo.  Atzo this is my purple dragon of cuteness Velnia."  Velnia grinned at Atzo.

@Atzo

(OOC: In my defence it was a passing glance)

Atzo Extended his hand to Itzal “It is a pleasure to meet you as well. Though I cant say I have heard of your guild ether, my apologies.” A dragon landed on Atzo’s head. He smiled warmly as his ear twitched “Hello little dragon, how are you today?” Atzo was in a very good mood for what he normally was. Then again he had a good memory on his mind, something that he cherished seeing as he didn't have many good memories. And the ones he did have normally were dwarfed by the bad ones. He turned to Vigilon “I dont mind at all, though I do fear the monster potential he may draw out. But I am sure we will be fine. Itzal, what is your maximum damage output and mitigation if I may ask. Just so I know where to stand should battle come our way.” Atzo was not outwardly losing his mood but inwardly was a different story.  He realized just how bad this could be if he was right in his predictions of Itzal’s strength.

@Vigilon

Vigilon thought carefully about what Atzo said. Draw out strong monsters in Floor 1? To Vigilon, that sounded ridiculous, although it was ridiculous enough to be considered a possibility. Granted, it was a low possibility, but Vigilon took note of those words. After all, he preferred not to pick fights he couldn't win. When he heard Itzal ask what the quest was, he replied with, "I plan to seek out my profession. I would like to do the quest 'Earning A Living'." Vigilon continued to look Atzo in the eye, thinking he can find a motive, or a plan of sorts. No luck. Atzo's eyes were shrouded in mystery when Vigilon tried to pry through with sight. "Guess I'll have to see through his actions, then..." He wondered and thought of what he should do or say to the possible replies. His mind fixed on completing the quest and understanding this Atzo...

@Atzo

@Itzal

Itzal rubbed the back of his head embarrassingly.  "Eh heh heh.  Well it is true that if we end up fighting leveled monsters they'll be strong.  However while I do have weak damage, I should be able to solo them.  If it's a boss that he wants to take down then it's stats are already set.  And uh, to answer your question Atzo my base damage is...  Twelve.  I'm the scout paladin not the dps paladin.  Although I am working on my offensive skills now that I've mastered every scout skill there is.  Hopefully I can deal a decent punch soon."  Velnia finally calmed down enough for Itzal to let go of her and she flew once again to Atzo's head but this time didn't try to nom on his ear.  Instead she just sat their like a guardian statue.  Itzal shook his head at her weirdness.  Then Vigilon mentioned the quest they'd be doing.  Itzal smiled.  "Is that the quest?  Oh well in that case, we'll be having a breeze.  No need to fight any monsters.  I know the perfect spot on the second floor we can gather on.  It's completely void of monster.  No spawn zones whatsoever.  Unless there was someplace specific you wanted to go Vigilon I'd be to lead us there."

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal

“I apologize for the disrespect, I must have misheard you when you gave your role. I heard paladin and thought tank.” He listened to the rest of what Itzal had to say “Indeed, It shall be very good. Come Kikas” His three headed black wolf came from inside the house, it stood next to Atzo looking stoic and proud. “Lead the way. I have no problem following. In fact it will be nice to hang up my crown and let someone else take lead for once.” Atzo smiled and placed a hand on one of the large heads of the German shepherd size wolf. He was glad that he could fall back. Even when he would quest with Shield he felt like he shared the role of leader. This would be a nice change in pace. He just hoped he could keep his urge to lead in check and actually enjoy the day instead of forcing himself to take lead. “I must ask, Vigilion, What do you want to be?”
@Vigilon

"A Blacksmith." After looking at the three headed wolf, he thought, "That's it, I gotta get my own companion" Heck, everyone he met so far seemed to have a companion, so why wouldn't Vigilon want to get his hands on his own mini-dragon? When he heard Itzal ask if he could lead him to a safe place to seek out materials, he was up for it. "I guess. It kinda depends on if I can find ore there." Vigilon began wondering about what he should call his shop. "Any other questions before we should go?" Vigilon thought about what he should do if something went wrong, like if he ended up within some kind of trap, or if the place wasn't void of monsters after all. He certainly trusted Itzal to a pretty good extent. He still had to think about Atzo, however. But how to figure him out... Currently, however, that was out of the question.

@Itzal

Itzal was confused at Atzo's first comment.  "I never thought you were being disrespectful.  I was just letting you know what I specialize in was all."  Then Atzo called a name and Itzal waited when a three headed dog emerged.  Velnia stopped and stared with wide eyes (o-o) at the three heads.  She slowly raised her hind quarter's with her tail flicking back and fourth like a cat about to pounce.  Finally she leaped from Atzo's head and landed on it's back, rolling around on it's back.  Once she was satisfied she took flight and hovered in front of it's six eyes, cocked her head, and grinned, clearly wanting to make friends with it- er them.  Itzal smiled to Atzo and even chuckled a bit at his comment.  "Yeah, that's one out of many reasons we chose not to have one single leader.  Instead we have four paladins.  It's worked for us so far."  He heard Vigilon mention that he wants to be a blacksmith and smiled.  "Sweet.  You'll have lots of competition but it's a good profession.  Alright, come on, it's this way.  And uh, Vigilon?  When you've practiced enough, you'll find any material you need anywhere you go."  Itzal spotted something in the bushes.  He checked and spotted two chunks of ores half buried and two herbs.  Itzal kept the herbs but handed the ores to Vigilon.  with a smile.  "See?"

ID#  81202  LD:  19  +4 MAT

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal

“I understand that part, The Emerald Harbingers are divided into a High Council of division leaders. Unfortunately we are too small to be able to quest without me leading it. I have found myself in many a situation in which I was obligated to save them.” Atzo looked around as Itzal talked to Vigilon. “Indeed, There are quite the number of blacksmiths, though they are easily undermine-able if you use the prices.” Atzo looked around, a voice from his amulet telling him to pick up a nearby mineral from the ground. “Mats can be easy to find, They take some skill in learning what to search for… or you could just have an item to assist you as well.” There was something to be said about Vigilon. He seemed uncomfortable with Atzo’s presence. “You okay Vigilon? You seem as though something is bugging you.” Atzo was a master of reading people and thus far had only found one person that he couldn’t read. Domarus. Though the parallels between the would more than likely be the culprit. 

@Vigilon

ID# 81220

Spoiler

Loot 16+1+2=19 (+1 T1 map)

Edited by Atzo

Vigilon was encouraged by Itzal's action, although he was tired of how Itzal made it look so easy while Vigilon struggled to find a single herb or ingot, with little success. When Atzo asked him if something was bugging him he responded with, "Not really, I'm fine. No need to worry about me." If he was to keep the fact that he still had yet to trust Atzo a secret, he would have to develop some kind of poker face to avoid suspicion. He still had an unanswered question in his head. It was practically a private discussion in there. "So? Is he trustworthy or not? ...There's too little information, I still can't decide..." As his right and left sides of his brain debated on trust, Vigilon attempted to keep a still face, hoping to remain without suspicion. "Would I be better off with a Guild, or will I remain primarily solo?" He stored this thought in his head, and awaited the next words.

@Itzal

Atzo talked about how finding materials took practice and Itzal nodded.  "Honestly that's how anyone becomes good at anything.  Practice and practice.  Although yeah, you can get items with enhancements to make it easier as well.  Items that can be equipped can enhance your searching skills a little.  And there's also a type of food that increases your skill in that area as well.  I normally don't get the food but I probably will when we go searching for the next floor boss."  Itzal spotted another group of materials but this time he noticed something about it.  He inspected it closer and noted that among the two chunks of ore and a song crystal, there was a small piece of mithril.  Itzal had been keeping his eye out for mithril but it was extremely hard to find.  He wanted to make armor for himself and Jonathan out of mithril.  He inserted the mithril shard and the crystal into his inventory and handed Vigilon the ores.

ID#  81361  LD:  20  +4 MATs (one titled mithril for rp purposes) 2 MAT handed to Vigilon.  3 MAT 1 Mithril total

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal

“What is he hiding?” Atzo thought to himself, he pulled Vigilon aside for a moment “He Itzal, we will catch up in a second, I feel the need to speak to Vigilon.” Atzo turned to Vigilon “Look, I don’t like to do this, seeing as you are already seeming very weary of me, but I want you to know something. I don’t care if you don’t trust me. I realize that the reason you brought Itzal was fear of a trap. I get that, this game is a dangerous one and trying to make it on your own just is that much worse. I just hope that you don’t hold who you see me as against me. I am The Man with Many Faces, very few people see the true me. I wish this wasn’t the case, but when you have lived the life I have live you must face the truth about who you will be and how hard it will be to change. I am sorry if I caused you any mental stress, I truly am.”

@Vigilon

ID# 81458

Spoiler

Loot 9+2+1=12

Edited by Atzo

When Vigilon heard Atzo's words, he turned his eyes to the side and gritted his teeth. "Dang! Wha-? How? Impossible! There was no possible way he could read my thoughts! Unless he read my actions, words, and face...Hmm...." Vigilon knew his secret was out, he just couldn't believe it happened so fast. Back in the real world, it normally took a day or two at least for someone to realize he didn't trust them, assuming Vigilon didn't trust them. He remembered a time when he was younger, when he read small stories that personified animals. One that often stood out in his mind was sly, cunning, almost impossible to see through... At last, Vigilon found something that was a lot like this Atzo(to Vigilon, of course), and although it wasn't his original goal to figure that out, he was content with having this related knowledge in mind... Vigilon turned to Atzo and returned to a still face, then said, "Well, look who's sly as a Fox! That's actually the fastest amount of time it took for any of those I didn't trust to figure it out! But you are wrong on one aspect. I don't trust you, but I also trust you slightly, at the same time."

@Itzal

Edited by Vigilon

Itzal looked as Atzo told him that they'd catch up in a second and without another word he pulled Vigilon aside as if he were his father or something.  Itzal didn't like the look of that.  he wasn't in charge of Vigilon at all and didn't have the right to do that.  He could have just told Itzal he would catch up and let Itzal walk a little further out of hearing.  Regardless it happened too fast and in a way he couldn't assist in.  When he heard Vigilon's not so quiet comment he got the gist of what the conversation was about.  He sighed quietly and watched as Velnia zoomed over and landed on Vigilon's shoulder, licking his cheek in order to disrupt the possible argument.  Itzal walked over to collect Velnia.  "Everything alright guys?  Come on let's keep looking."  Itzal spotted another two song crystals and two ores lying in a bush and handed the ores to Vigilon.  "So Atzo, what do you like to do when you have the time?  Any place you like to relax or hang out with friends?"

ID#  81580  LD:  13+8  +4 MAT  (2 given to Vigilon)  6 total

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal