[PP-F2]Finding a talent (Vigilon, Atzo, Itzal) <<Earning A Living>>[Complete]

Atzo gave a slight chuckle, when a fox was mentioned “Actually I am a wolf, The Emerald Wolf to be exact. Canines like wolves have a keen sense of the motive of people. Though I can see why you would think of it as sly cunning. I know what to look for because I have lived my whole life reading people and hiding myself. There is a long list of reasons that explain why I am The Man with Many Faces. But they all come from who I was in the real world. I know you have some trust for me, if you didn't then you wouldn't have allowed me to assist you at all. Understandably you have a weariness of the people in this game, I respect that.” Itzal had called them up and Atzo hurried his pace to join him. “What do I do for fun?” Atzo thought for a second. “Actually, when I do have free time, which is increasingly far and inbetween. I have three things I do, one I spend the day with my loving girlfriend, Raina. Two I spend the day writing poetry in my study, or three there is a hidden Oasis that is a thirty minute walk from my mansion that is a very good place to meditate and pray to the Great Spirit.”

@Vigilon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You're still like a fox to me." Vigilon didn't really care what Atzo said about himself. To Vigilon, Atzo was like a fox, and that was that. "Besides, aren't foxes canines too?" Vigilon decided to put opinions out of the conversation and return to why they were here. Vigilon started down the mountain and started searching.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Nothing at all. So far, at least. "Alright, to be honest, I'm starting to get sick of watching others succeed so easily, while I find nothing most of the time!" Vigilon continued walking, while looking for areas with possible places interesting enough to search. He also thought about a few things. "Wolf? Bah, he looks like one and claims to be one, but that doesn't change the truth, which I currently think is a fox. If I'm wrong, life or this game will prove me wrong. But back to the task at hand. I need ore if I'm going to forge anything."

ID# 81607 LD: 3(failed)

@Itzal

Itzal was glad to see that the discussion didn't turn into an argument and mentally relaxed.  He listened to Atzo share how he loved to spend time with his girlfriend, write poetry and pray to a great spirit at an oasis.  Itzal would break them up and address them one at a time.  "It's always nice to have someone special to spend your time with.  I'm glad to hear you have someone as well."  Kasier was a wonderful person to spend time with and he enjoyed every moment he spent with her.  "I never did get into poetry, though I have my own little hobby that I do throughout the game."  Itzal wanted to design a video game once he returned to the real world, so for now he was writing down all his ideas and things he saw throughout Aincrad.  "Is the spirit related to the game?  Or is it related to a religion of yours?"  Itzal was a Christian and he wasn't afraid to share it.  Why should he?  Itzal chuckled while pulling another two song crystals and ores out and handing them to Vigilon.  "Patience and practice is all it takes my friend.  Don't feel so down."

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal

Atzo nodded to Itzal “I am not going to lie, I have no idea what this ‘love’ emotion is, It was never something I had the luxury of in the real world.” Atzo looked around for a material to help Vigilon with but found nothing. “As far as spirits, yes. I worship the Great Spirit as did my Native American ancestors. An example being that Kikas is my spirit guide, I asked the spirits to gift me a companion that is my spirit guide to use as a familiar.” Kikas stood at Atzo’s side, her posture was stoic and proud. “Buck up, bud” He said to Vigilon in a friendly tone “If it's any consolation I am having pretty pour luck as well.” He was hoping to be able to help out the kid more but he unfortunately seemed to be sub-par in terms of finding materials as of late.

@Vigilon

ID# 81887

Spoiler

Loot 5+2+1=8 (No Mat)

Edited by Atzo

Vigilon took note of Atzo's somewhat encouraging remark, and decided to continue searching. After all, every ore and ingot would count.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Nothing. Again. Of course, there was always next time. "I'm sure this will be easier later on, I guess." As much as Vigilon would love to find materials at every corner like an experienced player, he knew he had to start from scratch. Heck, he still had only his basic gear. "So, Itzal, care to lead the way to this place you spoke of?" He hoped he would have better luck than before, and his thoughts about trust began to lessen. He had bigger things to worry about at the moment. "I better start searching harder, and worrying less about Atzo. I'm now certain where he stands on my trust scale..." Vigilon waited for Itzal's response, and thought about whether or not Vigilon's conclusion about Atzo was clear. Of course, that would depend on the next few days...

ID# 81890 LD: 3(failed)

@Itzal

Itzal blinked when Atzo confessed that he had no idea what love was.  How on earth could he have a girlfriend, and not know what love was?  And the way he said it almost sounded like he wasn't even interested in love at all.  "Wait a minute, you're telling me that while you have a girlfriend, you don't know what the word love even means?"  He said it in a tone that made it clear he was nothing but confused, not angry in any way.  Which was completely true in itself.  He mentioned that he believed in the religion Native Americans believed in.  Itzal hadn't done much research on America, despite it being the land he was born in.  He mainly focused on the home he'd known since he could remember:  Japan.  Thus he had no idea what this God was.  "You'll have to tell me about the different Gods sometime.  I never studied American culture."  When Vigilon mentioned that it might get easier for him later on Itzal nodded.  "If you get the right gear and get the right skills, then yeah it will be a breeze for you."  Itzal spotted another group of materials and handed the ores to Vigilon.  He heard Vigilon ask if he could lead the way to the area and he couldn't help but chuckle.  "I have been leading you guys.  We're here."  They had reached the material gathering area.  "No monsters will spawn in this area, and if you look carefully you'll find materials for just about any need."

ID#  82034  LD:  16  +4 MAT  (2 for Vigilon and 2 for Itzi) 

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal

Atzo shrugged at Itzal’s comment “I am not sure, as I said it is an… emotion? I guess…. That I had never experienced before, then again there have been a lot of those since this game started. Perhaps one day it will be more clear than it has been for me. Though I feel that understanding ‘love’ is far from my top priority.” Itzal then spoke about American Deities. “I could inform you as best I know, though I agree that we should do that at a later time.” The new area seemed to be nice for material gathering indeed though Atzo was unsure that this place would give him the best yields. Still the whispers in his head that came from his amulet were picking up as he approached a small mineral. Picking it up he tossed it to Vigilon and continued his search. Atzo could feel his mood shifting, he perfectly masked his emotions as he used to, no trace of doubt could be seen 

@Vigilon

ID# 82481

Spoiler

Loot 14+3=17 (+1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Atzo

Vigilon decided to continue keeping notes about Atzo, and continued his search. He walked around for a bit, hoping to find a particularly diverse spot to start looking.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Vigilon spotted an interesting looking chunk of ore, and stashed it in his inventory. Continuing his search for a good spot, he thought about whether or not he trusted Atzo enough to do anything that involved him. After a minute, he decided the question in mind was far too easy. Atzo seemed to be a sly, cunning type to Vigilon, and as long as Vigilon didn't let his guard down, and remained wary(In a subtle manner), he wouldn't have to worry about it. "Anything else we might need to discuss? After all, a conversation just might make this go a lot faster!" Vigilon believed what he said was a pretty good idea, and it just might make things a bit more interesting, a well as give Vigilon some more info about the two players with him.

ID# 82489 LD: 17(+ 1 Mat)

@Itzal

Itzal nearly stopped in his tracks at the way Atzo had mentioned emotions.  Did he...  What did...  Itzal had been through so much in this game but one of the biggest things he had learned was just how powerful and potent emotions could be.  Especially once you've learned to control and channel them.  And according to what this player was saying he was near emotionless.  Love and happiness were very tightly close together.  Love and contentment were the key to happiness.  That was the end of it.  No more and no less.  And to be honest Itzal was satisfied with his own God.  However he was grateful for Kasier and he would cherish what his Lord had given him.  "Well........  Ok then.  I'll admit I've never heard that one before......  And yeah Vigilon it would probably be best.  What kind of build are you two shooting for?"  He didn't need to mention that he was a scout, as he had already clarified that.  What he didn't want to do was mention how he was the best active scout there was.  He hated bragging and it served no real purpose.  Itzal grabbed another bundle of ores and crystals and added them to the collection.

ID#  82492  LD:  7+8  +4 MAT  (2 for Itzi and 2 for Vig) 

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal
  • 1 month later...

Itzal seemed confused at something, though Atzo decided it would be best not to say anything. Not to mention that he really didn't feel that it was necessary for him to give anymore information about his personal life to them. “I plan to be a DPS-Scout as it stands now though I do not know how far that will get me. What about you Vigilon?” The were making some good time while they searched for materials, a strange rock glistened, catching Atzo’s attention. He stopped to pick it up, it seemed to be slightly stuck under the dirt. Falling slightly behind but still within range of being able to hear the other too he slowly caught up to them. “On the topic of builds, what do you two think is the best way to go about a healer? I have yet to see very many but there are a few people in my guild who want to. I have no idea what advice to give them in that way, any suggestions?”

@Vigilon

ID# 85766 

LD: 14+2(Amulet)+1(S&D)=17 (+1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Atzo

Vigilon stopped, feeling like his mind was read. "Atzo, I have no idea how you do it, but you are reading my mind! I too, intend to be a DPS Scout. I honestly have no knowledge of the optimal way to form a Healer build, but Itzal might know something on that build..." He saw a cracked stalagmite and managed to separate it from the crack, but found nothing interesting inside. "There's sure to be more, I guess." Vigilon decided that, detailed build or not, he couldn't possibly get through all of this without some help of some kind. "If i'm going to survive...yup, I'd definitely be better off with a Guild...But I'm not entirely interested in joining the available ones as of late...Perhaps I could wait for one good enough for me, or I could start one instead...However, I'll have to get stronger to do so, AND find players who trust me, and I'd have to trust them..." He continued to ponder this, still slightly aware of the other two, so he could share his thoughts, or to answer questions directed to him.

ID# 85807 LD: 8(failed)

Total mats(Vigilon): 11

@Itzal

OOC: This is a rough guess from counting up mats gathered by Vigilon, or given to him. Feel free to correct that if necessary.

Also OOC: Oops.

Edited by Vigilon

Itzal listened as Atzo began to talk about his build and the build his friends wanted to make.  He decided to help out with the dps part first.  "Well what a coincidence.  I'm a scout and dps build.  I started with mastering scout though so for the longest time I dealt rather poor damage, but I'm making up for it now.  When you get to a high enough level, with the right gear and skills, you can deal a lot of damage as well as receive excellent loot.  You'll also never be short on materials so it works out well.  It also makes finding the labyrinth guardian and map pieces easier which is always needed."  Vigilon started to talk and examined a...........................................  Stalagmite??????  Itzal stopped in his tracks and stared at the stone that hung from a tree branch.  "........How in the.......Where did.......How could........Is this a game glitch or am I just going insane?"  A little after the issue had been resolved, Itzal shook his head and carried on.  "Anyways as far as healers go, before the patch they were best to double as tanks, as they could defend, and then heal when necessary.  Although Zandra chose to be a berserk healer, going for raw damage and healing.  After the patch however, the many skills allow for healers to go on full supporter.  I'd also suggest getting the extended weight skill after everything else.  That way supporters can bring in extra health potions and teleport crystals.  Safeguards, debuffs and other things.  You never can be too careful."

@Atzo

Atzo was watching the other two and listening, interested by how all of them had the same idea, though they were also so different from each other. Thought something happened that stunned Atzo. Where did that stalagmite come from, the weren't in a cave… Itzal must have noticed it too. “Just in case you thought that only happened on your end, I saw him pick a stalagmite too.” Atzo whispered I'm Itzal’s ear. “why is he so nonchalant about it?” Atzo walked over to examine the thing. Saying aloud “ju… just how in the hell…? This makes no damned sense!” Atzo shook his head, the structure Vigilon had pulled from the tree baffled him had baffled him “unless there is some sort of strange place nearby that has a bunch of stalagmite growing from trees, this has to be a glitch. I refuse to believe that this could be anything else.” Atzo stood back up and continued to look around, throwing the ore he had found earlier to Vigilon as he passed by.

@Vigilon

ID# 85847

LD: 1+2+1=4 (No mat)

Edited by Atzo

Vigilon looked back to the ground, where grass was growing. Then he realized something was very wrong, and he didn't exactly notice it before, due to being lost in thought. "Wait, how...What...Is...A... Freaking stalagmite doing in the forest?!? ....Isn't this kind of thing the Cardinal should be looking for or something? This can't have been originally planned. It's either a glitch, or that time you accidentally place something that doesn't belong and don't notice it. However, The Cardinal should have known about this by now!" He found another crack in the dislocated stalagmite, and threw the chunk that he had previously removed at it. The force was enough to reduce it to stones and pebbles, but there was nothing useful to be found on the ground either. He lifted his hand to catch the ore chunk that was thrown at him. The hand got close to the head, but at least he was getting better at avoiding ridiculously absurd and embarrassing situations.

ID# 85851 LD: 12(Failed)

Total mats(Vigilon): 12

OOC: Is there anything else I will need to do? I think I have enough mats....maybe....

@Itzal

Edited by Vigilon

Itzal didn't need confirmation that the stalagmite was real, but in all honesty it was nice to know that he wasn't just seeing things.  Itzal nodded to Atzo's comment and chuckled at his not so hidden response to the stalagmite.  Before he could respond Vigilon reacted at last, causing him to laugh a bit before talking at last.  "Wait, you just now noticed?"  Itzal calmed himself down and while he did, Velnia landed on Vigilon's shoulder and nuzzled her head against his cheek.  "Cardinal probably detects it, but let's face it guys.  No game is without it's glitch, no matter how small.  This game is freaking huge, and the system probably has far more larger glitches to handle as well.  It's probably just working on them largest to smallest.  I give it a week before this sucker disappears.  And Atzo no, I've memorized this entire floor, and scouted most of the others and I've never seen a stalagmite tree before."  Itzal glanced around to see if there were any more stalagmites and noticed that there were about seven more total, including behind the branches.  Reveal was such a benefit he thought to himself.

ID#  85892  LD:  5+8

@Atzo

Edited by Itzal

Atzo shook his head “You are probably right Itzal. I have no idea how code works myself, all I know is that sometimes there are problems. I know binary but not for computers. Therefore I cannot give anything substantial to this interesting display of glitches.” He shruggs, “I wonder what other glitches had been seen and purged by the system. It is a strange thing to think of, AI with the ability to improve itself. I wonder what other applications it has…. Perhaps I should investigate some theory on microwaves and how they affect people. That is what I do after all” At this point Atzo was rambling to himself, not paying much head to the others “I knew I should have taken more courses in binary, though I think in this case I would need to research robotics to understand the method of the AI to improve itself, that and networking to try and understand just how much storage this thing would need. Perhaps while we are in it, our minds are being used as processors. That would explain the seemingly infinite speed and lack of lag that this game provides us...”

@Vigilon

ID# 86005

LD: 10+2+1=13 (no mat)

Edited by Atzo

Vigilon was not comforted at all at the realization that there were more misplaced stalagmites... "Don't mind me, I was lost in thought at the time..." He grabbed chunks of stone that used to be one of the unusual stalagmites, and threw these pieces at another stalagmite, and kept going. Although he didn't stop til he had destroyed the stalagmites with thrown stones(Which were pretty big), he got nothing out of it. Still, to Vigilon it seemed nice to be in a NORMAL forest this time, although it was littered with chunks of rock. He looked at the materials he currently had. "This should be good, I guess." Then Atzo proceeded to talk about AI, and things that Vigilon wished he could understand. "While I would love to know what most of that meant, I don't know if there is anything else I need to do to become a blacksmith. Any thoughts?"

ID# 86008 LD: 7(Failed)

@Itzal

OOC: So I'm just going to have the thread closed once we've reached page 3. Of course, since the Quest takes place in the first floor, Will we need to go there or something? Last time I checked, we are in floor 2, right?

Edited by Vigilon

Itzal listened to Atzo talk about binary code and smiled, glad to hear someone else was into computers and things like that.  Although from what Atzo said it wasn't much, he still knew enough for a conversation.  You remember the nintendo amibo's?  The ones for smash?  How they would learn over time how to counter certain moves, and the best way to take you down?  AI can be programmed to learn, but only what they're programmed to.  Everything has a limit, including humans.  Although yes I too want to look into AI systems.  If I can figure it out, I might be able to add one to....."  He trailed off, thinking about the video game he wanted to design.  He'd need to write this down in his notes.  He turned his attention to Vigilon and shook his head.  "Nah, it's sort of a timed quest.  It should say completion soon.  Although since we're out here, I might be able to look around and see if there's a chest hiding somewhere.  Get us some bonus stuff."

OOC-  @Atzo @Vigilon, if you guys will allow it I can search on the 20th post for a chest, and then after someone posts I can pick the lock.  (has +8 LD as well as picking skill)

• 4 weeks later...

Atzo shook his head “I never had such luxuries as a child. To be honest, this is my first video game. After my parents were found dead under… mysterious circumstances I was finally able to try them out. They always looked really fun.” Atzo had stopped paying attention to his surrounding, He began to reminisce on the night he murdered his mother. He remembered the freeing feeling he had from it, He had been very pleased that night, he no longer had the horrible people that plagued him alive anymore and could begin to live his life the way he always wanted. Or at least he thought that before the car crash and this whole ordeal. It was strange to him how insane this all had gotten. He was beginning to realize that he lost a part of himself recently. Maybe he would be able to fix himself in the future

@Vigilon @Itzal

OOC: I don't mind, though we may need to wrap this up soon

The fact that there wasn't much left to do at all, Vigilon decided to take one more shot at searching before calling it a day. There wasn't anything nearby, but the sky was getting dark, and he decided to call it a day. "Well, Itzal, that does bring up a few memories. Heck, I still remember times where the Amiibo smashed me! They could be quite challenging at times!" Vigilon listened to what Atzo had to say, and his smile faded when Atzo mentioned that his parents were dead. "I know I've lost my father, but I guess it's even rougher to lose both your parents." Vigilon had never met Atzo's parents, so he was making a general guess here. He looked at the amount of materials he had. "Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I gotta get going. Nice seeing you again, Itzal!" As he began walking away(He also looked at Atzo before turning to walk away, and suppressed a smirk over his new personal nickname for Atzo), he said in a joking manner(Meaning he meant no offense), "See you around, Fox!"

ID# 86547 LD: 13(Failed)

Summary:

Vigilon: 3 SP(2 from completing 2 pages, 1 from completing the quest) and 266 Col

@Itzal: 2 Sp and 266 Col

@Atzo: 2 Sp and 266 Col

Edited by Vigilon