[F1 SP]Fishing for Sword <<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>>

After Hei had finished the quest of bringing the gemstone to Hannah he did a break in doing quests and instead opened his own shop, which was situated in close range to the grove where Hannah had her place for drawing, so it was just natural, that he would meet her sometimes. It was a few days after he had opened the store, that Hannah came to him, as she remembered him as a reliable person, to ask a favour of him. "Hello Hei, do you remember me? I am Hannah and you helped me with getting the gemstone I needed to craft a ring. I now have a package that is to deliver to Ol'Pete, who lives outside town in a house close to the lakes. I heard rumours about aggressive Monsters living close to where his hut is, so I don't want to go myself. Could you please deliver it to him."

Hei was raised to be polite and it definitely was not polite to decline a woman's wishes, so he agreed into transporting what ever it was Ol'Pete was waiting for to him. " Oh my dear Lady Hannah, it would be a pleasure to take this delivery for you. What can you tell me about the place where I can find this Ol'Pete?" Just as he said that a system message appeared in front of him *Quest announcement: Deliver the fishing pole to Ol'Pete |  Accept or Decline* and as he wanted to take the quest he hit the accept button. Then Hannah told him that Ol'Pete was to be found at the closest Lake to the western gate and that he was probably waiting at his boat.

So Hei left Hannah and went out to find this old fisher man, to deliver the fishing pole and learn if there was another quest to follow this one. When he was outside the town he used the time to look for some materials he could use in his tailor shop and there actually was some of the cotton Aereth had shown him when he first learned the art of tailoring

Spoiler

ID# 82174
Loot: 19 -> found mats

+1 T1 Material

Edited by Hei

After gathering the material Hei went further out to the lakes and went looking for a boat, where he would find Ol'Pete and maybe some more material, as one could never have to much. When he reached the boat, that laid on the shore he quickly found the man he was looking for, Ol'Pete really was old and he had a white beard, showing his age. The benjy he had on his head showed age, too, and that the man was outside for much of his time. When Hei arrived at his boat, he greeted him "Hey ya guy, what sha doing out here? Can I help ya with anything, or not?" Hei was not accustomed to such talk, so he did not immediately respond. - What is this man saying, what does he want from me? - he thought. "Oh, eh, I have a package for you, a fishing pole made by Hannah. She asked me to deliver it to you." and Hei took the pole out of his inventory to hand it over to Ol'Pete

Spoiler

ID# 82179
Loot: 15+2 = 17 -> found

+1 T1 Material -> 2 T1 mats found

Edited by Hei

Ol'Pete looked at the pole with his eyes widened as if he was seeing something really exotic. "Ya know guy, that's what I've been waiting for. Its a specially made for my needs, its much stronger than what one normally has, as I wanna catch the biggest swordfish in this lake. Ya look strong, wanna help me catchin it?" the old fisherman asked. - Well, I have nothing to do at the moment and it nearly sounds as if this could be the following quest for what I have done so far. - Hei thought, and so he replied "I am not a good fisherman, but if this is not a hindrance it would be a pleasure to help you. So if you want to catch the biggest Swordfish in this whole lake, how is this going to work?" Ol'Pete told him, that he had a special bait, that they would use to catch the fish he was looking for.

So the first thing they had to do was bringing the boat into the water, so they would be able to take it to the middle of the lake, where it was most likely to catch a fish as big as they intended to. So the two of them gave the boat a heavy push and it slithered into the water, splashing water at both of them. - Ok, the boat is in the water, now we just have to catch the biggest fish in this lake, sounds easy enough - Hei thought ironically. "Well well, come on board of the Unicorn, so we can get our hands on to some tasty fish" the old fisherman's voice was heard all over the lake. "Ok, I'll be by your side in just a moment, but can you explain once more, what I have to do and how we are going to catch this fish you are talking about?" And Hei boarded the Unicorn.

The unicorn was an old but quite big rowing boat, once painted in unicornish pink, but the coat of colour was breaking apart, showing the boats original red colour underneath. When Hei jumped into the now swaying boat he nearly fell into the lake, but Ol'Pete caught him on his coat, tearing him into the boat. "You see this pishing pole you brought to me is especially strong. We will move the boat over there" he pointed towards the middle of the lake "There the lake is quite deep and I have seen the giant swordfish once, but my boulter ripped and it swam back into the deep water. This won't happen today, as this pole and boulter is strong enough. When we are there I will try and hook the fish, then, when I reel in the line he monstrous fish might attack us, that is where you might help. Defeat the fish and bring it in, so we can bring it back to land."

Hei listened to the old fisherman and then began rowing, so the boat would reach it's destination as quick as possible. When they reached the darker waters of the deep part of the lake, Ol'Pete took out a lump of strange smelling blueish slime and put it onto the hook. "You'll see, this baby will catch us the swordfish quicker than you can say 'let's catch a swordfish' " the old man shouted, when he cast the hook far away from the boat, having a look at the float. Nearly a minute nothing happened, the float just floating up and down with the waves, but then it disappeared and the old man swung back the fishing pole. "There it is, be ready to fight the big guy" the old man shouted over to Hei. Hei prepared to do what needed to be done, changing his cloak with the shield and getting into a battle stance, targeting the point where the line hit the water. - When the fish appears I will impale it and end this quickly -

Spoiler

ID# 82623
Craft: 8 -> reeling in the fish

Edited by Hei

Ol'Pete reeled in the line until Hei could see the shape of a big fish coming closer to the boat. Then the big fish broke through the surface, using his speed to jump high into the air and launching itself at Hei. "Oh my god, that's a big fish!" he screamed in surprise and then took cover behind his shield. He used the short time when the fish was so high above him, that it had no chance to hit him, to charge a Maiming Blow  against the flying fish. The swordfish dashed back down at Hei, who was still hiding behind his shield. Dream Eater impaled the fish, drinking it's blood and Hei's spear was thrust forward, hitting the fish multiple times. The fishes HP dropped into the yellow part, but the fish's word dug deep into Hei's shoulder, letting his HP drop by nearly one fourth. "Very good, you nearly got it, one more try and we should have the fish. " Ol'Pete commented on the fight.

Spoiler

ID# 82624
Battle: 9+3 = 12 -> crit -> 3DMG+1 * 4x1 = 16 DMG -> 19/35 HP
Mob: 8 -2 = 6 -> hit -> 50 DMG - 9 Mit = 41 DMG -> 159/200 HP | Thorns activated -> 14 DMG -> 5/35 HP

Battle Stats:
Hei: 159/200 HP | 16/20 NRG
Swordfish: 5/35 HP | 50/5 DMG

Edited by Hei

The fish dived back down into the lake and Ol'Pete got torn towards the boats edge, but with both his boots stomped to the ledge he kept standing, the fishing rod in hand. The rod bowed down towards the water, the line moving in the water as the fish came back to the surface and attacked them a second time. Hei was ready for another charging swordfish jump, but the fish just stroke out of the water. Hei who had aimed at the possible peak of the flying fish's ark jumped at air, nothing to stop him and so he fell into the water. - Fck, how should I fight a fish swimming in the water? - he thought while he was falling into the cold water. "Uhhrg, how should I ...urg ... fight from here? Please help ... me" Hei called Ol'Pete to help him, while he dived underneath the surface, then swimming back up.

Spoiler

ID# 82853
Battle: 1 -> crit fail
Mob: 3 -> miss

Battle Stats:
Hei: 159/200 HP | 15/20 NRG
Swordfish: 5/35 HP | 50/5 DMG

Edited by Hei

The old fisherman was to occupied with holding the pole and reeling in the line, so he could not help Hei to get back aboard. The spearman was diving under water once more, and saw the fish charging at him, the sword aimed at his torso, so he let himself sink out of the fish's way. The line got caught in the shields spikes and as Ol'Pete throw back the pole Hei and the fish got torn out of the water. Hei had to cough and spit out water, but the fish was on board of the boat. - This should be easy now, it's a fish out of the water and I have time, as I don't think it will unhook itself. - Hei thought as he shook his head to get the wet hair out of his face.

Then he walked over to the big fish, raised his spear and let it charge in green light. The fully charges Snake Bite hit the monster and it's HP Bar dropped to zero. As soon as the fish had died Ol'Pete came over to him, laid down the fishing pole and said "Thank ya young man, this would've been hard without ya. And sorry for gettin ya wet."

Spoiler

ID# 82952
Battle: 5 + 4 = 9 -> hit -> 3 * 2x1 = 6 DMG -> -1/35 HP
Mob: 1 -> crit fail

Battle Stats:
Hei: 159/200 HP | 15/20 NRG
Swordfish: 0/35 HP | 50/5 DMG Dead

Edited by Hei
  • 3 weeks later...

As Hei had killed the fish and Ol'Pete was happy with that there was not much left that they had to do. Ol'Pete told him, that he had a place at the dock, where they could prepare the fish for what was coming after a good day of fishing. Hei who had never been fishing in real life did not instantly know what Ol'Pete meant, but when the boat slowly entered the dock and he saw the table with the knives and the bucket with water to wash the fish he began to understand. - We will eat the fish, of course we will eat it, why should we have caught it otherwise? - he thought, while he helped Ol'Pete to carry the big fish out of the boat and over to the table.

Ol'Pete was getting ready to do what he had to do, but Hei who did not understand anything of fish decided, that he would not need to look at that, and instead could use his time more effective if he searched for mats, and so he walked around the docks and looked if there was anything useful. And indeed, there was something that he could use for his crafts, a big chunk of entangled net, that was not usable as net any more, but he could use it as a kind of fabric.

Spoiler

ID# 84296
Loot: 19+3 = 22 -> found something

+1 T1 Mats -> 3 T1 mats found

Edited by Hei

When he returned to the docks, Ol'Pete had finished cutting up the fish and had already started a fire, so they could have a barbecue right away. As Hei reached him, he told him: "My friend, I have this piece of fish for you, we will smoke it over this fire, so you don't have to eat it right away. It will provide you with important Carbohydrates, so your body will regenerate much quicker, after you ate it. " with this said he rammed a stick through it and stuck it next to the fire, so the fish would get smoked but not burned. At the same time Hei had taken some other parts of the fish and under Ol'Petes instructions prepared them for the barbecue they would have any moment. The fish was already roasting and getting a nice golden colour, so they took if from the fire and ate it. The fish tasted excellent and Hei understood why one would take this much on to oneself just to catch a fish. After finishing up he took the smoked fish and thanked Ol'Pete for the nice meal.

Hei left the fisherman and went on, wandering around the lake, looking for some more material he could use, but he found nothing of interest.

Spoiler

ID# 84297
Loot: 6+3 = 9 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei
  • 2 weeks later...

After the good meal he had with Ol'Pete Hei was enjoying a stroll around one of the smaller lakes, as he did nearly regular. The wind was pleasant and cooled him down, so the warm sun was not to much. The weather was good as always and Hei recognised that there were many small animals moving in the water. - That is nice to see, such an idyllic place of nature, one could nearly forget that we are caught in a game. - Hei thought, and a light feeling of pain and sorrow came over him, this was the first time he thought of it like that. He always had been the guy, thinking, that the game was great, and all was super, but today he felt a little down with all this stuff. He would love to see the real world again, even though he loved this games world with all the adventures it held for him.

Half an hour later:  Hei had returned to his old state of mind, after he had sat there, doing nothing, but thinking about how bad things were. When he was at the lowest point he had been since the game has started he pulled himself together and soon had returned to his normal state of mind. Back in his current reality he began "working" once again, so he would be a successful player and he searched the surroundings for some pants or other stuff he or his mates could use, but he was not lucky with his undertaking and ended up walking around the lake finding nothing besides the small animals he had seen earlier.

Spoiler

ID# 84764
Loot: 5 +3 = 8 -> nothing found.

NRG fully recovered

Edited by Hei

He wandered around the lake, always on the lookout for some useful plants, but it seemed the odds were stacked against him, as there was nothing that he could think of any use for. So he went walking and walking, always looking but never seeing anything of interest. His mood got worse and worse and it was not long until he draw his spear and began slashing and swinging at poor bushes that were growing next to the path he was walking. - Oh man, the day started so good, but now I feel as if I should just go back to bed. There would at least not be other people who have to see me like this - and so he went on, slashing at plants and grunting to himself.

After some time, he noticed some movement to his left and turned, so he could see what it was, and what he saw was a big fox, jumping up and down in the meadow, as if it was happy. This was not what he wanted to see at the moment - happy creatures - and so Hei jumped the fox without bigger thoughts. While running up to it, he charged his spear with energy and released a Maiming Blow at the animal. His spear found his target and with two short stabbing movements the foxes front legs got hit. The animal was to shocked to react in any harmful way.

Spoiler

ID# 84785
Battle: 7+3 = 10 -> hit -> 3 DMG * (4x1) = 12 DMG -> 88/100 HP | -4 NRG
Mob: 6-2 = 4 -> miss | savvy activated -> +1 BD for next attack

Battle stats:

Hei: 168/200 HP | 16/20 (-4) NRG | 2 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Savvy | 3 DMG | LD +3
Fox: 88/100 (-12) | 30 DMG

Edited by Hei

After his first successful attack Hei retreated a little, so he could have a better look at the animal he was fighting. The fox just realized that it was attacked, and that this strange dark person in front of him must be the attacker, so it took a run and tried to bite Hei's legs to make him stumble, but Hei had watched for signs of the beasts intend and sidestepped the attack with a simple somersault, from which he stood up quickly. He used this manoeuvrer to get behind the fox and launch another Maiming Blow at it, but this time he aimed for the foxes hind legs. His spear glowed bright yellow as he mad his last step and then he stabbed the poor animal. While his spear hit the fox Hei released a joyful sound, that loosely resembled a laughter. This was what this world was, it was fighting and showing ones strength, and Hei was feeling well with this. 

Spoiler

ID# 84786
Battle: 4+4 = 8 -> hit -> 12 DMG -> 76/100 HP
Mob: 5-2 = 3 -> miss | savvy activated -> +1 BD for next attack

Battle stats:

Hei: 168/200 HP | 13/20 (+1 -4) NRG | 2 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Savvy | 3 DMG | LD +3
Fox: 76/100 (-12) | 30 DMG

Edited by Hei

Hei was happy with the state he was in, and he regained his happy and positive outlook on the game, as he went on fighting the animal he had just met. His spear danced through the air, as he attacked the fox with some normal swings. The fox evaded them, but they were not even meant to hit, Hei just used them to push the fox back, so he could charge another maiming blow and it was working. The fox had to retreat a little and Hei charged his swordskill. The spear began glowing once again as the fox started his own attack.
Hei sidestepped the charging fox and released his swordskill just the moment he was in the foxes side. The spear dashed forwards and with two quick attacks hit both of the foxes legs. The animals HP bar dropped further and Hei used the short pause he would have, as the hurt animal had to turn around to raise his fist and growl "Yeah! I love this game!"

Spoiler

ID# 84787
Battle: 8+4 = 12 -> hit -> 12 DMG -> 64 HP
Mob: 2 -> miss | savvy activated -> +1 BD for next attack

Battle stats:

Hei: 168/200 HP | 10/20 (+1 -4) NRG | 2 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Savvy | 3 DMG | LD +3
Fox: 64/100 (-12) | 30 DMG

Edited by Hei

Hei's recovered enthusiasm for the game flew into his fighting and his movements got greater and more powerful. He run around, stabbed at the fox and jumped over it's attacks. This went of for some time, but neither Hei nor the fox landed a solid hit, so he decided it was time to get serious again and he sidestepped the foxes next attack, charges another maiming blow and attacked the monster. His spear hit it two times and it's HP dropped to nearly the half, but it was still green. The fox stumbled back a few feet, but caught itself and quickly stormed at Hei, jumped onto his spear and landed a devastating bite at Hei's shoulder. Hei's HP dropped quite a bit and he himself stumbled back now. With an instance his happy mood was gone and he was getting serious again. - I have to get more careful. It might look like a little fox, but this mob is dangerous and if I don't watch out I might die by a silly floor 1 mob. -

Spoiler

ID# 84788
Battle: 8 -> hit -> 12 DMG -> 52/100 HP
Mob: 10 -> crit -> 32 DMG -> 136/200 HP

Battle stats:

Hei: 136/200 HP | 7/20 (+1 -4) NRG | 2 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Savvy | 3 DMG | LD +3
Fox: 52/100 (-12) | 30 DMG

Edited by Hei

The fight went on and after the hard attack by the fox Hei got more careful, dancing away even from more or less harmless attacks, so it all slowed down, but Hei fully concentrated on the fight, so nothing could slip his gaze. He saw that the fox had a small tendency to use his left foot first when attacking and his right foot when he ducked away. With this in mind Hei started a storm of mildly unaimed thrusts at the foxes left side to guide him into a shrubbery, where it's movement was reduced. Then he charged a Maiming Blow  at the fox and hit him.
The Foxe's HP bar dropped into the yellow part and the beasts barked at him. But Hei would not let of of the creature, he would defeat it and get what ever the game wanted him to get. The fox itself began biting at everything in front of it, but Hei jumped back, so that it just broke of some twigs from the bush it stood in.

Spoiler

ID# 84789
Battle: 7+3 = 10 -> hit -> 12 DMG ->40/100 HP
Mob: 6-2 = 4 -> miss | savvy activated -> +1 DB for next Attack

Battle stats:

Hei: 136/200 HP | 4/20 (+1 -4) NRG | 2 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Savvy | 3 DMG | LD +3
Fox: 40/100 (-12) | 30 DMG

Edited by Hei

The fight was going well, but Hei realised, that his energy was going down pretty quickly, and that he was close to running out of energy. So he decided to use one last strong attack, before he would have to fall back to weaker attacks. He charges another Maiming Blow and jumped at the fox, who still was within the bush it had been lead into. The spear hit it two times and it's HP dropped to less than a third of it's maximum, but it was not dead jet, and so the fox decided that it was a good idea to bite at the human which was hurting it time after time.

Hei danced around the fox once again, sidestepping all the wild attacks the fox tried to hit him with. He danced around and around and launched an attack here and there, but the fox itself was getting more cautious and was not hit by any of these attacks.

Spoiler

ID# 84816
Battle: 6+4 = 10 -> hit -> 12 DMG -> 28/100 HP
Mob: 3 -> miss | savvy activated -> +1 BD for next attack

Battle stats:

Hei: 136/200 HP | 1/20 (+1 -4) NRG | 2 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Savvy | 3 DMG | LD +3
Fox: 28/100 (-12) | 30 DMG

Edited by Hei

Hei had to fall back to the usage of low energy swordskills, which was not nice, but not to bad either, so he lead the fox to the open field, by sidestepping it's attacks and moving backwards at the same time. While he retreated like this he used the spear to launch unaimed attacks against the animal, just to keep it far enough away, that it would not be able to reach him. When he saw his chance, he lowered the spear to a position right to his shoulder, which was the trigger point for an attack he had used way more often when he was at a lower level.

When his spear began to glow in a poisonous green memories of his fight against the giant bats in the cave came back and he took some time before he released the attack. The fox thought it was the perfect moment for an attack, but that was not a wise decision, as  Hei had just waited for it to come closer, as his spear dashed forwards, aiming for the poor animals neck, biting deep into it.

Spoiler

ID# 84817
Battle: 10 -> crit -> 3+2 = 5 * 2x1 = 10 DMG -> 18 HP
Mob: 5 -2 = 3 -> miss | savvy activated -> +1 BD for next attack

Battle stats:

Hei: 136/200 HP | 0/20 (+1 -2) NRG | 2 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Savvy | 3 DMG | LD +3
Fox: 18/100 (-10) | 30 DMG

Edited by Hei