[5F - PP - NK] Dungeon of the Shifting Sands (Calrex) [Completed]

Spoiler

ID# 82622 results: Loot: 12 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 17 - +1 Material (3 total)

Shield searched his memory. Other than simply narrative mentionings, like specific combats he had taken part in, exact details didn't really stand out. After a moment he shrugged.

"I suppose it's more of a matter of you just being part of the tapestry," he concluded, noticing that his Seeking Aura earring had begun to glow, casting a dim light on his shoulder and the wall beside him. "I don't know that anyone has really made specific points on you as a person. It's more like being involved in a conversation where people keep using a word you don't know. It has meaning that it keeps coming up, but there's no real context."

He glanced down at the ground, spotting what seemed to be a piece of linen bandaging left behind by a mummy. It seemed to have an item tag, though, so he stored it away like he did with the other craftable materials he had encountered so far.

@Calrex

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(2/3 Turns Out of Combat, 1 Energy Recovered)

"Ah, fair enough. I guess after being a participant for so long, it would make sense that my presence would kind of blend into the woodwork, heh."

Another flash came and went on his energy bar as Calrex listened and gave his response to Shield. "Geezes, ten floor raids, and we're still not halfway through the hundred floors. We're almost a quarter of the way...I guess I can see how people would have a more bleak outlook on the state of things, especially if they have been working to try and help move things faster. I guess it's really true, numbers and levels aren't the only variables to be taken into account for in clearing speed."

"Well, at least now you've got another word down in your 'frontline vocabulary.'"

The bluenette gave a laugh before pushing off the wall, stretching his arms with a small sigh of relief, "Just a few more seconds and I should be good to go. Hopefully the next battle will go a bit faster and we can get to the dungeon boss sooner than later. Wouldn't want to get out of here and it's already night time.

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 68/160

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 82681 results: Loot: 1 + 5 = 6 - No Materials (3 total)

"It's less a matter of blending into the woodwork," Shield said thoughtfully, searching for better words. "That implies a certain lack of significance. If we're looking for a metaphor, I'd consider you to be more like a bone. You're vital for the structure of the thing, even if you can't see it directly."

Ahead, the entry to the next room was beginning to emerge from the gloom of the burning sconces that lined the long hall. In their light, rows of hieroglyphics marked their passage as they slowly slid past. He wondered whether the designers had put enough thought into the design to have them mean anything, or at least to have used historically accurate inscriptions from famous monuments. It was possible that it was just a random jumble of symbols. For all he knew, the symbols could not mean anything at all, let alone make sense together.

"Well, I'm ready whenever you are."

@Calrex

Edited by Shield

(3/3 Turns Out of Combat, All Energy Recovered)

"Heh, I guess that's a better comparison than mine for sure. Nice to hear that I'm an needed part, rather than an accessory or something."

The bluenette gave a small smile as he followed alongside his teammate, scanning their environment with his eyes. The various hieroglyphics matched the general theme of the dungeon very well, accenting what would be rather plain textured walls of sandstone. Peeking up at his two status bars a final flash surrounding his energy bar indicated that he was back to full strength, his Energy now at maximum once again. "Yeah, I think I just got back to full. Let's see if we can scope out the next group so we can get the jump on them."

As the corridor opened up into a large area Calrex began to look around from where he stood. The ceiling of the room appeared to be the inside of a cavern, with stalactites hanging down, as if pointing to the array of structures below. It was almost as if someone had taken an ancient Egyptian cityscape and placed it within. "Well, it might be tough to spot them if the creatures are patrolling the streets. Can you get a visual on any enemy formations?"

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 160/160

@Shield

Spoiler

ID# 82792 results: Loot: 8  + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = Material (3 total)

Swapping gear:
- Finder's Keeper (- 1 skill rank: search & detect), -Seeking Aura (- 3 LD), + Pain Drinker (+ 54 Regen), + 1 Bloody Hell (+ 2 dmg, + 24 bleed)

Shield shook his head as his eyes scoured the darkened sandstone structures before them, failing so see any signs of movement among the shadows.

"I don't see anything yet," he murmured, trying not to be overly loud. They were not on their home turf, which put them at a disadvantage. "Looks like we're going to have to do some exploring to flush them out."

He traded out for his combat gear once again. Bending his knees, he took slow, careful steps, prowling from structure to structure, peering through each open doorway before moving on to the next. However, aside from basic furnishings of low, rotting tables and threadbare rugs, there was nothing to be seen inside. While they hadn't seen anything at first, the fact that they continued to find nothing made Shield uneasy. Usually in dungeons, creatures were chomping at the bit to strike, but this seemed to be a ghost town.

"Something seem off to you?" he hissed, keeping his voice low as he turned his head to watch the direction they had come, making sure nothing was lurking in the shadows behind them. "We should have found something by now." 

@Calrex

Edited by Shield

ID: 82878
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Mob Dice: 7 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion +3) = 8
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 158 Remaining)

"Yeah, I would normally think so. So far nothi..."

As the blunette was about to round another corner his peripheral vision caught sight of a group of shadows, their movement patterns matching that of objects moving rather than flickering in the light. He quickly stepped back, rotating so that his form was up against the angled structure next to him. Slowly drawing the Grand Blade II Calrex directed Shield's attention down the alley.

The four creatures that passed by seemed to be based off of the Egyptian god Anubis, their humanoid forms sporting what appeared to be bladed canes.

"Hopefully I can get the jump on them..."

Silently spinning to bring them back into his sights Calrex began to ready his Sword Art, but right as the dark purple glow of his attack began to form suddenly the monsters heads turned, as if something had alerted them to his position, "Well so much for the element of surprise..."

Before the bluenette could complete the Sword Art he was forced to break his stance, weaving left and right to avoid the heads of their weapons, the circular hooks almost like scythes trying to catch him. "Dangit, Shield you're up!"

Unfortunately he couldn't dodge for very long, as the creature's hooks were fairly light. Eventually they were able to adjust their attacks angles to start ripping into his avatar. What came as a surprise to the bluenette was two things. One, the fact that it appeared Achilles was no longer triggering counter attack damage like in the past. The second was the actual amount of damage he had sustained, "That was certainly a lot more than I was expecting. I just recently ranked up Achilles too..."

Quickly stepping back to let Shield take point Calrex quickly summoned his menu to look at the parameters for the skill, "Figures it would happen in some patch. Guess I'm going to have to be more careful from now on again."

H: 0 Calrex: 1044/1615 | EN: 158/160 (4 * (240 DMG - 30 MIT - 32% Achilles) = 571 DMG
H: 0 Shield: 880/880 | EN: 88/88

City Guardian: 800/800
City Guardian 2: 800/800
City Guardian 3: 800/800
City Guardian 4: 800/800

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Enemies Remaining: 11/15

@Shield

Spoiler

Action: Howl

H: 0 @Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 158/160
H: 3 Shield: 880/880 | EN: 88/88 | MIT: 178

City Guardian 1: 800/800
City Guardian 2: 800/800
City Guardian 3: 800/800
City Guardian 4: 800/800

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

With the discovery of the traveling foes, Shield began to make a slow, deep inhale to fill his lungs in preparation to take over control of the battlefield. However, with Calrex's opening attack falling short of its mark, that put the pressure on him to intervene. His job became all the more imperative as the damage from their attacks dropped away from Calrex's health bar. He leaped around the corner, running into the midst of the aspects of the Egyptian gods and unleashing the force his voice.

"Hey! It's a good thing you're modeled after Anubis, because we're sending you right back to the underworld where you came from!" he boomed, his voice echoing away through the stone buildings and distant overhead ceiling. Dust scattered in the path of his breath, swirling across the packed earth of the subterranean city.

Four jackal-like heads swiveled his direction with the shock of the overpowering volume of his howl. The ears perched atop their heads flinched at the sudden assault on their sense. They repositioned their bladed canes, directing the business ends towards the newly emerged tank.

Edited by Shield

ID: 82888
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 10 (Accuracy +4) = 14 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 141 Remaining)

Hearing Shield's bellowing <<Howl>> Calrex gave a small sigh of relief to himself. Before he felt more capable of performing double-duty, but with the combined attacks from all four of the dog-headed guardians raining on him at once more than a third of his health was taken off. It had certainly been some time since something like that had occurred. "I guess halving damage was pretty powerful. I guess I'll need to re-evaluate some of my combat strategies then, since I don't have as much of a buffer now than before."

Refocusing on the fight before him the bluenette quickly lowered himself into the stance to reactive <<Shadow Explosion>>. Since his first attack opportunity was wasted, he was no longer far enough away to trigger <<Charge>>, meaning that his usual spike at the beginning of fights was gone, being replaced with two points of Energy wasted as a result of the miss. "Still, I can still fight. It just means we don't get a free round of action."

Rushing forward the Grand Blade II rapidly cut through the creatures, weaving around their weapon as he removed a chunk of their health. Glancing back as he completed his attack Calrex could see that their opponents had rushed forward at Shield, who had now taken the highest Hate of the two. As their bladed hooks struck against him, the man's higher mitigation did its work, reducing the damage to nearly half of what the bluenette had just endured. Knowing the course of the last battle, Shield's health was going to go back up only moments after.

"I definitely prefer this than a few moments ago."

H: 1 Calrex: 1054/1615 | EN: 158/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 3 Shield: 624/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Spoiler

+54 HP x 4 - Regen, +30 HP - BH

ID# 82891 results:

Battle: 2 - Miss

H: 1 @Calrex: 1054/1615 | EN: 158/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 3 Shield: 870/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 646/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Knocking their weapons away, Shield glanced around at the aftermath of the exchange. Calrex was still moderately damaged. His own health was returning back to nearly the point of being full. Although the fights were not beyond his ability to survive, they definitely did not seem to go as smoothly with a higher level player on board to pump up the stats of the foes.

"I need to make sure not to slack in my tanking build," Shield said aloud, shooting a quick glance over to Calrex. "If this is what enemies are going to be like at your level, then I need to keep pumping everything I have into my Battle Healing and finding gear that can continue to supplement my mitigation and regeneration."

He took a swipe at the nearest of the guardians, but his target proved too quick for him, easily parrying the strike with his cane. Shield frowned. He knew that his attacks were hardly anything special, but the stupid mobs could at least pretend to be concerned.

"Cocky sunuvagun."

Edited by Shield

ID: 82899
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 7 (Accuracy +4 / Evasion +3) = 8
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 124 Remaining)

"No kidding. I think right now I'm slacking too. I guess having one of the unique skills has made me more sloppy on my defenses than I originally thought."

With a small sigh Calrex lowered into his stance to trigger <<Shadow Explosion>> once again. This time as he rushed forward and rapidly cut through the creatures. However, right as he completed his attacked he spun around, immediately seeing that the creatures were upon him once again, "Oh crud..."

The bladed hooks cut through his avatar once again, riddling his form with larger glowing cuts. Looking at his health the bluenette watched as his health dropped past half, reaching the borderline between yellow and red. Cursing under his breath the bluenette took a step back, "Tch, guess I caught up to Shield in Hate. Best change my equipment a bit. The only thing I need to preserve is the Grand Blade II. I'll need to swap out the rest and go as a more tank build until my health gets back up."

"Go for it Shield. I'll probably need to make a quick swap in equipment soon if this keeps up."

H: 3 Calrex: 493/1615 | EN: 124/160 (4 * (240 DMG - 30 MIT - 32% Achilles) = 571 DMG) (10 Battle Healing)
H: 3 Shield: 614/880 | EN: 88/88

City Guardian: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)
City Guardian 2: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)
City Guardian 3: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)
City Guardian 4: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Spoiler

+30 HP - BH

H: 3 @Calrex: 493/1615 | EN: 158/160 (4 * (240 DMG - 30 MIT - 32% Achilles) = 571 DMG) (10 Battle Healing)
H: 6 Shield: 880/880 | EN: 88/88

City Guardian: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)
City Guardian 2: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)
City Guardian 3: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)
City Guardian 4: 502/800 (13+1+2 DMG * 9 Art = 144 DMG)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Shield cursed under his breath. He had never let a player die under his protection, and he wasn't about to start now. Calrex had caught him off guard with that crit he had landed, but that wasn't going to happen again. Raising his shield, he brought the head of his axe hard against the protective barrier, the resulting clang pealing out through the normally silent city. His lungs filled and he pressurized their contents before spewing them out with as much force as he could muster.

"You don't get to pick your targets like that!" he roared, his voice practically flattening the guardians who had to stumble back to keep their feet. He advanced on them continuing to batter his shield with the weighted end of his weapon. "That's up to me to decide, and I'm telling you that I'M the one you're going to have to tangle with!"

The heads of the mobs had all swiveled his way once again, their glassy black eyes fixed firmly on the unkempt warrior that continued to drive them back by the combined force of his presence and voice. He stopped beside Calrex, holding up his namesake as a barrier.

"Sorry about that," he murdered in the echoing semisilence after his outburst. "I know you can take hits, but I shouldn't have put you in the position to keep taking them like that."

ID: 82900
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7
Mob Dice: 8 (Accuracy +4) = 12
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 107 Remaining)

Healing Shield speak to him Calrex gave a small sigh, "Nah, don't worry about it. I should have been more careful too. At least we've got our tactics fixed up now. I think for the next few fights I'll let you take the lead, heh."

Watching as the four creatures struck at his teammate once again the blunette pushed himself to his feet. Right as the Thorns enhancement triggered and knocked them back briefly, he lowered into his fighting stance for <<Shadow Explosion>> again. The Grand Blade II lit alight with the dark purple glow of the Sword Art once again before Calrex kicked forward, unleashing the built up energy. Rapidly cutting through the monsters once again his attack stopped at the end of the alley, turning back to check the health of their opponents. At this point they were also below half health, meaning that the battle was hopefully half over.

"Alright, let's wrap this battle up!"

H: 4 Calrex: 503/1615 | EN: 107/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 6 Shield: 624/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Spoiler

+54 HP x 4 - Regen, +30 HP - BH

H: 4 @Calrex: 503/1615 | EN: 107/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 9 Shield: 870/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 348/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

After seeing the aftermath of the prior exchange, Shield couldn't let the situation devolve like that again. He weathered the attacks of the guardians, their canes hitting hard, but not beyond the point where a recovery would be difficult, or even slow for that matter. He took in air, exhaling slowly as he watched his health gauge fill once again. With one more intake of breath, he unleashed the power of his lungs in a forceful, tough considerably less desperate, howl.

"What's the matter?" he taunted, jabbing at any of the creatures with his axe who came within range. "Am I not as much fun to hit? Well, buck up, you long-ears! Things aren't likely to get any prettier for you any time soon!"

He pushed forward with his shield, forcing the nearest guardian back several feet as its dog-like padded feet slid across the packed earth. With one final shove, the creature stumbled back, pulling back its jowls and snarling at Shield for forcing his way into its immediate space.

ID: 82903
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Mob Dice: 4 (Accuracy +4) = 8
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 90 Remaining)

"Heh, nice work keep it up!"

Letting the weight of his body allow him to drop back down into the stance for <<Shadow Explosion>> Calrex quickly let the dark purple energy build up once again, the light seeming to become more and more solid before the assisted system took over. Rushing forward the bluenette could see the four creatures starting to move forward towards Shield as he came from behind, riddling them with even more cuts from before, the outline of their avatars now looking more and more frayed.

At the same time Shield's Thorns enhancement triggered upon impact from their opponent's bladed hooks, knocking them back with even more force on top of Calrex's Sword Art. At this point they were on their last legs, and the quick change in the flow of battle seemed to unsettle their previously stoic demeanor, the monster's mouths now beginning to snap open and closed with snarls.

"Guess we finally got them pissed off."

H: 5 Calrex: 513/1615 | EN: 90/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 9 Shield: 614/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Spoiler

+54 HP x 4 - Regen, +30 HP - BH

ID# 82905 results:

Battle: 5 - Miss

H: 5 @Calrex: 513/1615 | EN: 107/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 9 Shield: 860/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 194/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

The battle seemed to be falling into a maintainable rhythm. With the health bars of their foes proportionately lower than either of the players', Shield felt as if he had a moment to ease up off of the howling. He was just glad that the howl skill did not require him to use his real vocal cords, or he was sure they would have been shredded to the point of mutism by now.

He kicked off sideways, propelling himself out of the middle of the knot of snarling god-headed monsters. They took the bait, following his motions intently with their obsidian eyes. As they followed after him, closing their ranks on him and turning their backs on Calrex, Shield even took a swipe at the nearest of them to further antagonize them. Their growling mounted, the hate-filled lines around their eyes deepening as they became more angered at the much more defensive creature in front of them.

"One or two more, you think?" he called out to Calrex, his eyes still trained to the battlefield threats around him.

Edited by Shield

ID: 82919
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 1 Recovered / 89 Remaining)

"That would be the hope, yeah."

The battle was dragging on, just like the first battle of this dungeon did. Calrex could already tell that he was going to need to take a breather to recover his Energy once again after the monsters were defeated. "Well this is certainly one of the longest dungeons I've ever explored. I guess that just goes to show the huge difference right now. Even if I were to cap out on damage, there's still no way I could solo fight so many creatures, mainly because our damage it still locked. Hopefully the floor raid will commence soon."

As he tried to attack suddenly he saw the creatures rush past him, their tactics becoming more aggressive as they tried to surround Shield. Their attacks continued to rain down, but they were knocked back by the man's enhancements, just like all of the past attempt, "Guess it's good that the AI doesn't learn..."

His opportunity already gone the bluenette turned to face the monsters, giving a calming breath, "Just stay focused and get this done."

H: 5 Calrex: 523/1615 | EN: 89/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 9 Shield: 604/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 166/800 (28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 166/800 (28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 166/800 (28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 166/800 (28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Spoiler

ID# 82921 results:

Battle: 3 - Miss

H: 5 @Calrex: 523/1615 | EN: 89/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 9 Shield: 850/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 166/800 (28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 166/800 (28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 166/800 (28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 166/800 (28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Shield saw out of the corner of his eye as Calreax seemed to be psyching himself up for an attack that didn't come. He wondered if this was some kind of payback for letting the other player take so much damage, but he quickly dismissed the thought. Any time he worked with another player, it required trust, even when he had been forced in the past to team with loose cannons like Ariel.

He fell back a little ways, continuing to draw the guardians away from the damage dealer, hoping that he might be more successful in getting the drop on them. As he coaxed them further away, luring them around the nearest corner, he stopped for a moment, lunging forward to sweep at the nearest foe's ankles. It leaped out of the way, bounding off of the nearby wall and landing on the hard earth just behind Shield, boxing him in.

"That's right," he crooned under his breath. "Just focus everything right here."

Edited by Shield

ID: 82922
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Mob Dice: 3 (Accuracy +4) = 7
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 72 Remaining)

"Just stay right there..."

As the four guardians were focused on Shield's form Calrex brought his sword arm to the right, readying it to attempt an attack once again. This time <<Shadow Explosion>> fully formed once again around the Grand Blade II, solidifying into a hard light around the entirety of the blade. Triggering the attack the dark purple glowing sword rapidly ripped through the enemies again, adding more and more numerous slashes to their forms.

Ending his attack the bluenette turned around to see the dog-headed monsters continue their assault on Shield, their bladed hooks continuing to slam against the man's massive shield. Just like before, the Thorns enhancement triggered, knocking them back, "Well, just one more strike and we should be done here. Hopefully we get something good from this and not just bad luck heh."

H: 6 Calrex: 533/1615 | EN: 72/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 9 @Shield: 594/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Spoiler

ID# 82927 results:

Battle: 5 - Miss

H: 6 @Calrex: 533/1615 | EN: 72/160 (10 Battle Healing)
H: 9 @Shield: 840/880 | EN: 88/88 (4 * (240 DMG+2 DMG - 178 MIT) = 256 DMG)

City Guardian: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 12/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

With the health of the guardians dipping so far down into the red, Shield could almost see the end in front of them. Although perhaps a little silly, the thought of stealing at least one of the kills popped into his mind. He had the hate situation well in hand, so worst case scenario, he would have to withstand a few more blows.

He turned to the guardian who had leaped behind him, tightening the grip on his axe. The jackal-headed enemy began to slowly back away, as if it sensed the end drawing closer with each step that Shield took.

"Looks like they finally wised up enough to be scared," he said to himself, narrowing his eyes. "Time to give them what they're so afraid of."

Winding up, Shield swung the axe down towards the creature's head. And the axe missed entirely, the stroke continuing all the way down to the ground where it struck and was stuck for a brief moment.

"Oh, for crying out loud!"

Edited by Shield

ID: 82929
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 55 Remaining)

Even in his more debilitated state Calrex could muster a laugh at Shield's attempt at ending the creatures. From the past adventures he had been with the man, there was only once or twice that he had successfully inflicted damage on a creature directly with his weapon. The rest had been from his Thorns damage, "It really does remind me in ways of how Tristan decided to fight."

Triggering <<Shadow Explosion>> for one last time at the same instant their enemies landed their final blows on Shield, the bluenette rushed forward and rapidly ripped through what was left of their health, the guardians freezing in place for a moment before bursting into crystals. Giving a small sigh for a moment he straightened up, returning the Grand Blade II to its sheath on the back of his hip. Placing his hands into his jacket pockets Calrex looking at his lowered health bar, "Been a while since I've seen my health that low. Good things Shield was around to draw their attention, or I might have been screwed."

Loot Roll:
ID: 82930
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 14
Craft Dice: 10 (2 Crafting Materials)

Loot List:
8 Crafting Materials

H: 6 Calrex: 543/1615 | EN: 55/160
H: 9 @Shield: 584/880 | EN: 88/88 

City Guardian: 0/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 2: 0/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 3: 0/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)
City Guardian 4: 0/800 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art = 126 DMG / 28 Thorns)

City Guardian Stats:
240 DMG
4 ACC

Enemies Remaining: 7/15