[PP-F4] Forgotten Legacy Part 1 <Beginner Dungeon>

Itzal walked along the snowy roads of the town.  He was looking at a map.  A dungeon map to be one hundred percent accurate.  A dungeon map that lead to the fourth floor.  He had no idea dungeons could be on the lower floors but this showed him how wrong he was.  Regardless, because it was low enough he figured he could solo it.  And he needed to get the experience badly.  Not long ago he had a run in with a player he did not want to see.  A player he wished he could forget for all eternity.  Fearx.  His old gaming enemy.  Past rivalry the two were always at each other's throats.  They didn't know each other outside the games, they didn't have to.  They could easily recognize each other's styles in the games.  However SAO had thrown them off and it took a lot more than style to recognize each other.  Now Fearx had challenged him to the ultimate test.  The ultimate challenge.  However he would obviously give Itzal time to level up and catch up with him.  Most likely he was enjoying himself somewhere in the meantime.

ID#  82743  LD:  9+5

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now however he needed to keep his mind off of Fearx.  He needed to focus on this dungeon as well as grinding through mobs.  Being the master scout he was he shouldn't have any problem reaching the location of the dungeon on this map.  With that in mind he charged out of the town and looked for the dungeon.  He was wearing Niger Natio, Skyreach, and had equipped the sword Jonathan gave him:  Faithkeeper.  His intention was to make this trip as fruitful as possible and reap as many benefits as he could from the monsters.  After all, he did have to fight four leveled monsters before he reached the boss.  Most likely the boss would be cake but best play it on the safe side.  Regardless he'd be taking on monsters one by one since he didn't have a tank.  He did not wish to die while grinding after all.  Soon enough he arrived at the entrance.  It was a cave apparently.  He pulled out a glow crystal and began to descend.  The deeper he got however the more he noticed that there were already glowing crystals.  And why was he using one anyways?  He had night vision for crying out loud.  As he pulled four crystals out and inserted them in his inventory, that's when he heard it.

ID#  82744  LD:  19  +4 MAT

Edited by Itzal

He walked further down and spotted the first monster.  It was what appeared to be a yeti...  Or Frost troll from Skyrim...  Or...  Well it was some sort of furry humanoid with huge muscles and no doubt thick bones.  However Itzal was fairly certain he could get past all of the bones pretty easily.  When he thought that he recalled a game where he had found the best piercing weapon through not so nice means, all in order to stand a chance against Fearx.  Thinking of that made him grit his teeth and grab his sword in anger.  The monster spotted him when he made this action and roared at him.  "Sorry mister troll, it's not you I swear."  Velnia saw him say this and decided to back up a little bit.  "I have no doubt you're actually a nice guy."  The troll roared it's warning to him but then stopped when it noticed he wasn't there.  "But I!"  Itzal said as he slashed it from behind, beginning the meteor strike sword art.  "Have to blow off!  Some steam!"  He hacked at the monster and every time it tried to hit him back Itzal just evaded the attack rather easily.  He was sincere he didn't want to just lash out but neither did he want to hold all of this in either.

ID#  82754  BD:  6  MD:  7-3

Itzal:  1,140/1,140  <>  103/114

Frost troll:  427/570  <12+1(charge)x11=143 dmg>

Edited by Itzal

Itzal didn't stop.  He was using Soul Barrage and Velnia could tell rather easily.  She was a bit nervous to intervene or help him and she'd have a 'talk' with Itzi afterwards.  Perhaps what he said about blowing off some steam was true.  Was this Fearx guy really that annoying?  Was he really worth all this anger that had to be vented?  As Itzal's sword ripped through the monster continuously his thoughts were revolving around the anger towards Fearx.  They were in a game of life or death and he still wanted to challenge him?!  Like this was still a game?!  Did he not care about the thousands of players who have died and who were going to die because of Kayaba?!  He released  Meteor break again and dealt more massive damage to the monster.  The furred creature was getting extremely dizzy from trying to watch Itzal bounce around while striking the beast.

ID#  82746  BD:  7  MD:  1

Itzal:  1,140/1,140  <>  92/114

Frost troll:  295/570  <12x11=132>

Edited by Itzal

Velnia watched Itzal strike at the monster over and over again, using the Soul Barrage technique to have completed the Meteor Break sword art twice within the span of five seconds, and was about to release it again.  Itzal lashed out and struck at the monster, hitting it faster and faster, speeding up rather than slowing down from fatigue.  Soon enough the monster's health hit the red zone and it's eyes flashed before it swung it's powerful arms out, hitting Itzal and knocking him across the cave tunnel.  Itzal landed and slid across the ground, his face unchanged and still focused, even after his health had dropped like, what, like a sixth of his health?  He dashed forward almost instantly afterwards, taking the monster by surprise and resumed his assault.  He knew that if Fearx had been struck with a blow like that he probably would have moved half an inch at best and just laughed at the monster.  He needed to get strong enough to face Fearx and win...

ID#  82749  BD:  6  MD:  10

Itzal:  970/1,140  <173-3=170>  81/114

Frost troll:  161/570  <12x11=132>

Edited by Itzal

The monster howled in rage and pain as Itzal's assault continued.  It tried to swing it's arm like it had last time but Itzal jumped off of it mid swing and preformed a flip over the monster, releasing the beginning of meteor break by striking it's back, landing, and continued the rest of the sword art on the ground.  As he struck faster and faster the furred monster tried to swing at Itzal but at this point the player was becoming a blur.  The monster kept spinning trying to land a hit and thus became more and more uneasy.  Itzal never stopped.  He leaped from one area to another as he struck again and again, landing the sword art continuously and never stopping.  This monster would be pixels soon and then he'd just have three to go before the boss itself.  And since it was a beginner level dungeon the boss would most likely be weak enough to one shot.

ID#  82750  BD:  9  MD:  3

Itzal:  970/1,140  <173-3=170>  81/114

Frost troll:  18/570  <12+1x11=143>

Edited by Itzal

The monster was getting really tired and extremely frustrated at this annoying player running around it slashing it consistently.  Why couldn't the meat sack just sit still so it could kill and eat it?  It got hungry when it's health bar was low.  It stopped realizing that that thought didn't really make much sense to it but then shrugged it off.  It managed to grab Itzal and throw him off, but he simply kicked off the wall of the tunnel, slid on the ground and charged again.  The monster roared before swinging a punch at Itzal.  He punched the player square on the chest but as he did that Itzal dug his nails into it's skin.  The monster's eyes widened.  That would only be possible if the meat sack was strong enough.  But how could it be stronger than big furry monster?  Itzal slashed at the arm and cleaved it off before releasing Meteor break and dropping the last bit of it's health to zero.  The monster roared before shattering into crystals and Itzal received the reward.

ID#  82752  BD:  6  MD:  10

Itzal:  799/1,140  <173-3=171>  70/114

Frost troll:  0/570  <12x11=132>

Loot:  ID#  82753  CD:  4  LD:  18+5   9,120 col

Edited by Itzal

Itzal panted for a bit after the monster had died.  Soul Barrage consumed stamina, not energy, although he would like to increase his energy again, seeing as it would also increase his health as well.  With this free time he could also explore the dungeon and get a read on where he was exactly.  That is until Velnia hovered in front of him with a face that told him 'You have explaining to do'.  Itzal sighed and sat down, Velnia landing on his knee.  "It's Fearx.  He won't stop until one of us beats the other.  And if he beats me he'll just keep on holding it over me and challenging me over and over again.  The fact that he thinks this is still nothing more than a game is irritating and frustrating.  The fact that he isn't helping the front lines either is annoying as well.  Gosh I hate that man.  And the worst part is that he always finds a way to make himself nearly invincible in any game he's in.  He's probably got the most mitigation besides Calrex and Jonathan.  He has the strongest weapon type and probably maxed out his damage and battle healing too.  I need to get skills in order to counteract his own.  Otherwise I'll never escape it."

ID#  82754  LD:  6+5

Edited by Itzal

"Not only that but he won't let Kasier and I live a normal life.  He'll keep interfering with everything until I've ended this once and for all.  I need to stop him no matter what.  While he wouldn't actively kill someone he might accidentally cause a death.  Partially cause he doesn't care about anyone but himself, and partially because he has no soul...  Kind of like how I used to.  Though even I wasn't that dark and neither was he.  It seems that SAO turns those with good potential into rays of light while it turns those with dark potential into corrupted souls.  I hope there's a way to change him but right now?  I'm clueless.  The only way I can handle it right now is by getting stronger.  So that's what I'll do Velnia."  He began to stand up at last.  "I'm not angry.  I hate him.  I hate everything about him and I'm not sure this is a hatred I can quench.  But I can control it.  I won't harm those I love, I promise."  Velnia looked a bit concerned but she trusted Itzal.  Velnia flew away for a moment and came back with four frozen flowers.

ID#  82756  LD:  12+5  +4 MAT

Edited by Itzal

Verbana flowers...  Fearx thought this was all nothing but a stupid game but it wasn't.  There were people who had family.  People who had friends.  Who had lives outside of games.  Itzal may not have had a life outside games but he had family.  A family he hadn't spent much time with and wanted to change that as soon as he could.  Maybe he could play games with his mother.  But these flowers.  They were his sister's favorite flowers.  Purple Verbana flowers.  He sighed, his voice a little bit shaky.  Selfish players like Fearx drove him crazy.  Players who cared not for other people or their lives and families.  Just themselves.  Itzal slowly opened his menu and inserted them into his inventory.  He sighed.  "....Thanks Velnia.  For reminding me why I'm really grinding these levels.  Not only to beat Fearx and live in peace.  But to get out of this game, to get everyone out of this game, and get everyone back to their families.  Beating Fearx is important but not nearly as important as beating this game.  Thank you Velnia."  Velnia grinned before nuzzling against him.

ID#  82757  LD:  5

Edited by Itzal

With that done he decided they should push forward and continue.  His energy was refilled to the max and his health was steadily climbing back up to maximum.  His health was now at eight hundred and fifty nine health so it wasn't maxed out just yet but it was getting the- oh who was he kidding.  He might as well take on the next monster and hope that it doesn't hit him.  After that he'll need to rest a good while though.  Jeez this would take a while.  He walked through the tunnel and found a room sized cavern.  He noted another monster that was identical to the one he finished off recently.  Nearby was a collection of bones and then on the other side where the troll was, there appeared to be a makeshift nesting bed.  Itzal looked around and saw two paths he could take.  One on the left that appeared to stay at the same level at first glance, and the one straight forward that seemed to go downwards.  Itzal looked over at the troll and took a step into it's agro detection.  The troll turned to look at Itzal with confusion and frustration. 

ID#  82759  LD:  1

Edited by Itzal

The monster growled at Itzal and carefully rose to it's feet.  Itzal slowly walked along the side of the room and the two began to circle each other.  The troll's eyes were black like a shark's eyes.  It's teeth appeared to be thick and sharp.  Normal people would be terrified at it's appearance.  Itzal wasn't.  Why?  Cause of his freaking athletic and evasive abilities!  Not to mention the fact that five hits and that sucker was down.  Itzal activated charge and shot forward, causing the monster to roar and try swinging at Itzal in defiance.  This time however he was in total control of his emotions and was able to dodge it.  Because he wasn't raging Velnia swooped in and spit in it's...  Ear?  The monster roared but fell silent after getting hit by Meteor Strike, getting a strong impact of damage.  Itzal leaped back after the strike and watched as the monster roared in annoyance.

ID#  82760  BD:  6  MD:  7-3

Itzal:  879/1,140  <>  101/114

Frost Troll:  427/570  <12+1(charge)x11=143>

Edited by Itzal

Itzal charged at the monster again but it seemed to be more accurate than it's previous member of the family.  The monster struck at Itzal and knocked him back.  This time however, unlike the other epic time, he didn't land on his feet...  Well he did but he slammed into the cavern wall first, getting the wind knocked out of him.  He realized that it was because his health was dropping fast at this point.  That's it he decided.  He needed to get battle healing first, then max out charge.  This was getting absurd.  He growled a bit and released meteor strike on the monster which grit from the attack and glared at him.  "Ok...  That one hurt...  Stop that please.  You can come back, I can't.  I just need to get past you guys and fight the boss so I can go home.  Is that really too much to ask?"  The troll roared before getting hit with another strike from meteor break, losing even more of it's health.  "Well then I guess it is.  Regardless, even if I have to wait an hour I'll get to him." 

ID#  82761  BD:  5+3  MD:  9

Itzal:  710/1,140  <172-3=169>  90/114

Frost Troll:  295/570  <12x11=132>

Edited by Itzal

The monster stumbled back a little bit, running into the wall itself but not nearly as hard as Itzal had.  Itzal rolled his shoulders one by one while Velnia landed on the furry troll's head.  "Well now.  If none of you are going to go easy on me, I guess it's time to kick it up a notch eh?"  The monster regained it's previous determination and roared defiantly at Itzal.  It shook it's whole body, shaking Velnia off of it and stomping, smashing it's balled up hands on the ground, shaking the cavern.  Itzal sighed as the monster charged at him and Itzal simply dodged it, releasing meteor strike from behind it and back flipping to dodge the huge swing from the troll.  After landing Velnia flew at it and around it.  The troll started swinging at her like a frustrated man trying to swat an annoying fly out of the way.  Itzal wasn't concerned.  She was as fast as lightning, there was no way this monster could catch her on any level.

ID#  82773  BD:  10  MD:  2

Itzal:  710/1,140  <>  79/114

Frost Troll:  141/570  <12x11=132>

Edited by Itzal

Itzal stopped doing anything at all, even paused his own thoughts just to watch the show.  Velnia flew around it again, sticking her tongue out at it, and dodged it yet again.  Itzal stifled back some laughter before the monster saw him.  "Yeah I'm still here.  Shall we get this show on the road?"  The troll tried to turn on Itzal and attack him but Velnia shocked him with a bit of lightning first.  The troll decided to roar at her before returning it's attention to......  Nobody.  Itzal released Meteor break from behind the monster and stuck his blade into it's back.  After that he just held on.  The monster thrashed about and tried to reach for Itzal.  Then it slammed it's back against the wall.  Itzal had seen this coming of course and threw himself and the sword off of it right before the troll and the wall became acquainted with one another.  Itzal tapped the ground with his sword.  "I'd appreciate it if you didn't hit me again.  If that happens I'll just need to wait a lot longer." 

ID#  82776  BD:  3+3  MD:  7-3

Itzal:  710/1,140  <>  68/114

Frost Troll:  9/570  <12x11=132>

Edited by Itzal

Itzal would soon learn how to shut his mouth for a good while.  He was being an idiot whenever he did.  After all, Karma spoke for itself.  The monster, obviously ticked off that Itzal had been annoying the monster, brought it's health down to nine points, and finally had asked the huge monster who was being attacked by the player in hopes of killing it, roared so loud that Itzal's ears started to hurt.  He groaned and covered his ears as the cavern shook.  Even Velnia went berserk and flew all over the place, accidentally moving to a different area.  The monster stopped roaring and walked over, picking Itzal up and slamming him against the wall, it's face seeming to say:  'HOW DOES THAT FEEL HUH?!'  Itzal struggled to groan.  "Yeah...  Ok...  I deserved that I admit.  But that doesn't...  Change the fact that I still need to clear this dungeon...  I'll never come back here again I swear ok?" 

ID#  82792  BD:  2  MD:  10

Itzal:  540/1,140  <171+2-3=170 dmg>  68/114

Frost Troll:  9/570  <>

Edited by Itzal

Itzal watched as the troll seemed to, er, try and process his words.  Of course it didn't know Itzal's language but the player seemed to be sorry enough.  Perhaps the creature was smart enough to just sit there and die. The monster thus put him down gently...  Of course a frost trolls version of gently is far different than our own.  So to Itzal it was more like the monster slammed him against the ground in an attempts to knock the rest of his health out.  "Well, I tried.  Sorry bud, but I really don't have a choice at this point."  Itzal released Meteor strike on the monster which roared in pain as it shattered into a million pieces.  Itzal panted for a while when Velnia landed on his shoulder and nuzzled against him.  "Well...  It's been a while since my health has dropped into they yellow zone.  I uh, I better keep away from any more combat for a while..."  He did the calculations in his head.  "Yeah, a rather long while...  Oh hey we got some decent col from this fight...  Cool." 

ID#  82805  BD:  9  MD:  4

Itzal:  540/1,140  <>  56/114

Frost Troll:  0/570  <Suffice it to say it's dead :p>

ID#  82806  CD:  4  LD:  1+5  4,560 col

Edited by Itzal

Itzal Leaned against the wall of the small cavern room and let himself slowly slide to the stony dirt floor.  Thanks to the fact that this was a game, his black cloth and leather armor didn't rip or tear against the uneven wall.  It was the beauty of the game.  Simple things like that didn't damage the equipment's durability.  Even if it did, Ariel had done an excellent job crafting this armor.  The durability was extremely high on it.  Itzal also did his best to keep his gear in top shape.  He often visited npcs who could repair any lost durability to the armor or weapons.  Now that he thought about it Itzal drew his sword to get a good look at it.  The blade was black and yet it didn't look dark or corrupt.  It was the way the color should be used in his opinion.  It was truly a fine blade and Itzal was extremely grateful for his friend to have made and given this weapon to him.

ID#  82829  LD:  4

Edited by Itzal

With that thought out of the way he gave a long sigh.  Now he needed to find something to occupy his time with while waiting for his health to regenerate to maximum.  If only health regeneration was tiered too.  He didn't know why it wasn't.  That way instead of getting only twenty points he'd be getting forty and get his health back to normal in half the time.  Instead he'd need to wait a long while.  He checked his health bar.  Five hundred and sixty eight now.  He had a very long way to go.  His energy was pretty much maxed out however so he went ahead and stood up and looked around.  So he was in a small cavern like room where the frost troll had been living.  There were two corridors.  One was level with the room while the other was descending downward.  Seeing as he wasn't yet ready to rejoin a battle with another monster he would take the leveled one.  That was the least likely to delve further.  He inserted four flow stones into his inventory.

ID#  82861  LD:  7+8  +4 MAT  12 total  <>  13,680 col  <>  580/1,140 hp

Edited by Itzal

When exploring caves Itzal knew that minerals and ores would be common throughout the caverns.  However there could also be many varieties of plants such as vines, mushrooms and moss.  Not to mention that low leveled mobs could be lurking around any corner.  Knowing this he kept a careful eye out.  In the meantime he had to wonder what he'd find here.  This dungeon map he didn't make himself.  He hadn't found this dungeon.  It just appeared in his inventory one day...  Strangely around the same time the discount for the house had appeared, as well as the ability to purchase on lower floors.  Velnia flew onto the ceiling and began to crawl around looking for materials.  She nudged a crystal but it didn't budge whatsoever.  Puffing smoke in annoyance she continued to look around for materials.  Itzal of course wasn't stopping.  He had the searching skills as well as the item, though he felt that the next material search he made he should use an ld buff item.

ID#  82870  LD:  3+8

Edited by Itzal